PDA

View Full Version : Is Dereck Rose done?

jimm120
09-02-2014, 07:53 PM
People saying Bulls are a 55+ win team cause Rose is coming back...

Results of the FIBA games so far...

Game 1: 3/8 FG, 12 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 2 blk, 5 TO, 23 min

Game 2: 0/4 FG, 2 pts, 2 reb, 0 ast, 0 stl, 0 blk, 2 TO, 17 min

Game 3: 1/6 FG, 3 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 0 TO, 17 min

And he's shooting 22% overall.

Pretty much in line with what he did in his 10 game stint in Chicago. And this is against inferior competition. And to think, he made the team over other deserving people.

KnicksYanks
09-02-2014, 07:54 PM
It'll take him time. However it is concerning that it is that bad.

*Silver&Black*
09-02-2014, 08:01 PM
I hope not, the East needs him, and this is coming from a Hawks fan.

mightybosstone
09-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't think it's fair to suggest he's necessarily "done" as a player, but I do wonder if we'll ever see the guy we say from that (undeserved) MVP season. He wasn't just bad last season. He was pretty much a train wreck.

But he's way too young and showed far too much promise in his early peak years to rule out a return to excellence. And for the sake of the league and its fans, I really, really hope this doesn't turn into another Brandon Roy situation. That would be a shame.

D-Leethal
09-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Health is the only issue, if healthy his game will come back.

Jamiecballer
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Jay Williams part 2?

jimm120
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
well, I don't think we'll ever see that MVP level Rose again. I feel anyone that thought he might get there was not thinking straight.

I did think that there could be a chance he'd be an allstar again after a year or 2. Not necessarily an allstar, but at least playing up to that level.

What I think is that he'll be an ok player. He'll be a good #3 type player. 15-17 ppg on low FG% around 40-43%

Of course, he could also be a bad player that puts up 10-12 ppg while shooting 38%-42%.

IKnowHoops
09-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I think he can get to 20/8.

Clippersfan86
09-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Agree with others. Not "done" but also not the 25/7 type player or w/e he was in his MVP year.

PowerHouse
09-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Stand back, the avalanche of Rose-riders are going to call troll-thread on this one any minute now (even though it is a valid question).

TO Rapz
09-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't know about Dereck Rose, but I do know one thing, the NBA is a much more fun league with a healthy DERRICK Rose.

meloman1592
09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
I don't think he's done. But he's not MVP Rose anymore. As of today, there are about 7 pg's I'd take over him. But I hope he can get back to somewhere close to where he was

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
He would be considered done if he didn't have that explosive athleticism anymore. He's shown that he still has it with some of the highlight plays I'm sure you've seen on sportscenter. It's about getting the feel for the game back and getting that rhythm back that was lost due to not playing for essentially 2 straight years. That is what's wrong with him right now, it's not his knees. As a Bulls fan I'll gladly take that as its something that can certainly come back in time.

tmacsc2
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Jay Williams part 2?

Naw penny hardaway pt 2

Hawkeye15
09-02-2014, 09:30 PM
the dude has barely played real basketball for 2 years. He is moving fine, let him get his legs, and timing under him. I do think he unfortunately will never be as good as he may have been had he stayed healthy, but he can return to a top 15 player this year imo.

PowerHouse
09-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Jay Williams part 2?

Naw penny hardaway pt 2

Why not Brandon Roy part 2?

Ezio
09-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Timing and he needs reps which is why a lot of Bulls fans wanted him on the team regardless of the possible injuries.

beasted86
09-02-2014, 09:34 PM
He would be considered done if he didn't have that explosive athleticism anymore. He's shown that he still has it with some of the highlight plays I'm sure you've seen on sportscenter. It's about getting the feel for the game back and getting that rhythm back that was lost due to not playing for essentially 2 straight years. That is what's wrong with him right now, it's not his knees. As a Bulls fan I'll gladly take that as its something that can certainly come back in time.

I don't think he's as athletic as he was before.

Sure he's athletic, but not as athletic. It's almost Kenyon Martin or Amare Stoudemire-like with how he's fooling the naked eye test with a flash play here or there. But then all you do is go back on YouTube and watch some old tape and you'll be right where I am. If he's not showing me now after almost 24 months of off time and rehab, he's not going to show me later on once the season starts.

I don't see Brandon Roy, Penny Hardaway, or even Jay Williams like some are saying. Instead I see Baron Davis or Monta Ellis post moped. Just not the athlete with knife edge cuts they used to have.

WaDe03
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Too early to say although he hasn't looked good at all this summer. Part of it could be him not being as aggressive because he doesn't want to risk getting an injury. Well see when the season gets going.

bearadonisdna
09-02-2014, 09:54 PM
The players that have been compared to rose, the injured ones, have never peaked at the level derrick did. B roy? all star at best. Not one of them were ever 1st team nba caliber.
No one has mentioned tmac. Tmac switched from team to team. IDK derrick is with the same team that drafted him and the meniscus, unfortunately it was a serious meniscus, was part of the process of the acl rehab.
Guys like westbrook underwent mulitiple surgeries in under a year to repair knee issues. Derrick tried to avoid that for his long term health.

Derozan is shooting 33% and so is steph curry. Are they done?IMO derrick is likely to return to allstar form, could even be voted as a starter JUST BASED on popularity. It will most likely depend on his shooting percentages and if he can get them back to respectable levels. I dont see why he shouldnt , he was an elite nba player, is still young.
He made the team based on being GREAT in camp. Hindsight is 20-20. Who cuts ones of the best players in camp, if u did this u would suck.

ManRam
09-02-2014, 09:56 PM
If he is, nothing he's done so far is proof of it. Let alone the three game sample size stated in the OP

jaydubb
09-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Derrick rose was one of my favorite players.. I hope he's not done. I think he will play good this year and be close to what he was at towards the end of the year.

aLau10
09-02-2014, 10:24 PM
The man is just getting back into the groove, and still getting up to speed with things. I dont think he will get back to the MVP Rose (though i wish he does) but he will still be a productive PG at the very least. Maybe something like 18/7

Cal827
09-02-2014, 10:27 PM
I think it'll take him till the New year to completely get back.... He's taking off the rust right now.

Probably not to how he was, but I still think he can make good adjustments to make the team very lethal (E.g Pass the ball more, focus on jump shooting... also would help the pressure on his knees)

DemarDerozan
09-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Naw penny hardaway pt 2

This. It's sad. I thought he and KD were going to own the league for years to come.

Now all we have for the next generation of true superstars is KD, Blake, Anthony Davis, maybe Steph Curry, possibly KLove

Rose and PG will never be the same force they were.

Harden, DeRozan, Wall, Beal, Klay, Parsons, Kawhi, Drummond are all stars in their own right but will never be marquee talent.

DemarDerozan
09-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I think it'll take him till the New year to completely get back.... He's taking off the rust right now.

Probably not to how he was, but I still think he can make good adjustments to make the team very lethal (E.g Pass the ball more, focus on jump shooting... also would help the pressure on his knees)

He has the explosiveness but his overall offensive game will be altered indefinitely. He will never be the same... But if he can use that obsessive drive (that may have contributed to his injuries in the first place) he will remodel his game and be good again.

FlashBolt
09-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Didn't he have soreness in his knee after one game? No one is and will believe me. Received a lot of hate from plenty of Chicago fans claiming Rose was coming back. He's not. Time...? He's had 2 years and it's been 2 months of playing with USA.

JordansBulls
09-03-2014, 12:18 AM
No he is playing around right now so the league can think he is done and then he will show the world he is back to MVP player in the season.

Knicks Boogie
09-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Melo worked out with Rose and was like "Hell Naw" I'm not signing with that garbage as team! Ha Ha

Rose isn't done but he will be a Grant Hill allstar for the next 2 years before delusional Fans finally realize that he is Brandon Roy 2.0

Knicks Boogie
09-03-2014, 12:55 AM
If he gets hurt again then it's definitely a wrap and the Bulls might just dump him. He over rated anyway, Nash has 2 MVPs and no rings..... Rose doesn't even have a chance at a ring. Who wants to go to the Bulls and play with Rose now?

bbcmillionaire
09-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Lmao it's only fiba basketball, with a team full of ball dominant players, he's adjusting his game. He never came off the bench before, and it's just seeding games. I guess lillard is done as well cause he didn't make the team huh...? The real question is.... Who's secretly hoping this is derrick rose end? He's just using this as a chance to get his legs under him, I've seen plenty if players on the team say he looks just as good as he did before

FlashBolt
09-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Lmao it's only fiba basketball, with a team full of ball dominant players, he's adjusting his game. He never came off the bench before, and it's just seeding games. I guess lillard is done as well cause he didn't make the team huh...? The real question is.... Who's secretly hoping this is derrick rose end? He's just using this as a chance to get his legs under him, I've seen plenty if players on the team say he looks just as good as he did before

He's shooting 20% from the field against FIBA competition.. Your FG% should be higher than NBA average when you're playing in FIBA. Of course those players on the team are supposed to praise him.

"No, he's done. His knees are finished."
I'm sure coach K would love that from his players.. I'm secretly hoping this is Rose's end and don't get me wrong - I used to like Rose. Then his brother came out saying Rose has no help all while Rose gets injured and they made it to the playoffs... All while they played severe minutes to make up for Rose's absence. Not to mention Rose was caught partying when they lost to Brooklyn in game 6...

D_Rose1118
09-03-2014, 01:19 AM
He's shooting 20% from the field against FIBA competition.. Your FG% should be higher than NBA average when you're playing in FIBA. Of course those players on the team are supposed to praise him.

I'm sure coach K would love that from his players.. I'm secretly hoping this is Rose's end and don't get me wrong - I used to like Rose. Then his brother came out saying Rose has no help all while Rose gets injured and they made it to the playoffs... All while they played severe minutes to make up for Rose's absence. Not to mention Rose was caught partying when they lost to Brooklyn in game 6...

You want a persons whole career to be over, something they worked toward for 20 some years because that players brother made a stupid remark.

rethink your priorities if this league means that much to you

bearadonisdna
09-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Most of these dudes were under their rock last preseason. lol

bearadonisdna
09-03-2014, 01:52 AM
For some perspective derrick averaged 7 ppg in the fiba tourney.
A lot of people thought he sucked, then went on to have a historic season. People still love, LOVE to cry about his mvp but when lbj got 2000 points and 600 assists he was heralded like jordan.
Most superstars in the nba arent capable of this.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-03-2014, 02:42 AM
Melo worked out with Rose and was like "Hell Naw" I'm not signing with that garbage as team! Ha Ha

Rose isn't done but he will be a Grant Hill allstar for the next 2 years before delusional Fans finally realize that he is Brandon Roy 2.0

If he gets hurt again then it's definitely a wrap and the Bulls might just dump him. He over rated anyway, Nash has 2 MVPs and no rings..... Rose doesn't even have a chance at a ring. Who wants to go to the Bulls and play with Rose now?
Thanks for the valuable input. Now go back to worrying about your great team that couldn't even make the playoffs in a historically bad conference.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-03-2014, 02:44 AM
I love how this forum lives off stats. Go look up Rose's stats in international play and in All-Star games and you'll see why you all sound like idiots.

BIG worm
09-03-2014, 03:08 AM

How a Knicks fan has the nerve to call any other team garbage is as funny as it is Ironic. How many decades have the Bulls been kicking the Knicks ***** now?

Tony_Starks
09-03-2014, 03:33 AM
If you look at team USAs numbers nobody really blows you away individually. Rose looks good. The quickness is back, the first step is there. He'll be fine....

da ThRONe
09-03-2014, 04:11 AM
If he was lacking in anyway in lateral quickness or explosiveness I would give it some thought. It's FIBA play and he's just rusty which is to be expected after such a long lay off. Hoops is a game of skills. Skills are things you have to be preform a lot to stay sharp on. If Rose stats are this bad a month or two into the season I may be concerned until then not even a blimp on the radar.

sammyvine
09-03-2014, 06:20 AM

So you hate a player because of something a family a member says:roll eyes:

You really are one of the worst posters on here. Sometimes i think you just troll for excitement.

bbcmillionaire
09-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Lol could someone bump this a month or two into the season

0nekhmer
09-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Very small sample size. Only 18 FGA in three games. Though it is surprising he's turning the ball over that much. Maybe he's just thinking too much, trying to prove unnecessarily and causing him to not play his game. We'll see if this trend continues

mudvayne387
09-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't need to watch FIBA basketball to know that Rose will never ever be his old self again. It's common sense ...

BALLER R
09-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Small sample size not to mention his explosiveness is still there so he's far from done. Maybe if he was playing sluggishing and looked slower then yeah but if your only basing it on fg% then your probably don't know much or even play basketball yourself.

Vee-Rex
09-03-2014, 08:27 AM
He'll never be like his old self. These kind of injuries change players.

I'm not sure he'll ever be an all-star again just because his game is/was so heavily based off his athleticism. He'll have to make some changes to it if he wants to play at that high a level again.

In Rose's MVPsuperamazingincrediblytalented year, he shot 39% in the playoffs and 44% in the regular season. His biggest gift is being able to finish at the rim but against good defensive teams he struggled in efficiency. Now add on some really bad injuries?

Don't get me wrong, Rose showcased a rare talent in the NBA when healthy. Definitely a franchise player, but I'm not sure he was any better than a Carmelo Anthony. Never was the best PG. Never was terribly efficient when he was at his best. I just don't see him ever being the same.

omdigga
09-03-2014, 08:42 AM
If you look at team USAs numbers nobody really blows you away individually. Rose looks good. The quickness is back, the first step is there. He'll be fine....

This.. I think once he gets his timing back he will be back to all-star level.. I get that he hasnt played for a while, but I think people are forgetting how good this guy is.
I got to see him in the garden on a christmas day game.. you appreciate how quick this guy is better live.. it was ridiculous.

2-ONE-5
09-03-2014, 08:44 AM
these fiba games mean nothing in terms of Rose being done. he hasnt played much basketball the last two years and is trying to shake the rust. as long as the explosiveness is there he will be fine after a few weeks of the season

koreancabbage
09-03-2014, 08:46 AM

and then he signed with the Knicks. lol that is the "ha ha" part.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Btw OP if you're gonna make a thread about a guy, at least spell his name right.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-03-2014, 08:48 AM
and then he signed with the Knicks. lol that is the "ha ha" part.
:laugh:

nycericanguy
09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Way too small a sample size...

That being said, it's been a looooonggg time since Rose played at a high level anywhere. Even those 10 or so games he played last year, he was pretty awful.

Captain Moroni
09-03-2014, 11:04 AM
drose is not done. Nor will he be the same player. Somewhere in between

northsider
09-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Holy **** the ignorance.

The biggest concern is explosiveness and first step. I've yet to see anything to say he doesn't have that and I've seen a bunch in limited time that he does still have it.

This is why the NBA is regarded as the ugly child of all the forums cause the lack of any intelligence really shines in threads like this 3 ****ing games and 18 FGA into a FIBA season where Rose has struggled even before he was injured.

I'll be the first to admit Rose is going to struggle and prob. may never regain the MVP form but, for the love of christ I wouldn't be so ****ing dumb as to do it 3 games into a season after the guys not played league ball for 2 years. Pump the breaks this looks really stupid.

Stinkyoutsider
09-03-2014, 12:21 PM
I think he may return to all-star level if his athleticism holds up but I don't think he's ever going to be a top 3 MVP candidate anymore.

Rose looks out of sorts during group play this year at the World Cup. I can tell he isn't comfortable in the team but he's working hard out there.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in his shooting. I was really looking forward to Rose being able to work on his long range shot while still recovering from both knee injuries. He looks like his shot has regressed to what it used to be. I'm not doubting that he's a decent mid range shooter but with how teams play him in the league, he's just not going to get those looks anymore on a regular basis.

If Rose doesn't develop the long range shot, he'll continue to get trapped and doubled off the pick and roll and will struggle to shoot a decent percentage from the field.

Sadds The Gr8
09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
It's fiba...who cares?

Tony_Starks
09-03-2014, 12:54 PM
If you pay attention to the underlying sentiment it's not "is Rose done" but "I hope Rose is done." A lot of people's feelings are still hurt about a) his MVP and b) that he wisely took his time before coming back.....

72 Wins
09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Jesus Christ. Fantastic thread idea after 3 games. I bet the OP hasn't even watched one game. It will take time to shake off the rust, but he's doing alot of great things that don't show up on paper and I'm impressed his first step is still there.

Shady66
09-03-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't think so. I can see him making the all star team a couple more times in his career. His bad play in FIBA and last year (the few games he played) is way too small of a sample size. I don't think he will be as good as he once was, but if he adjusts his game while remaining explosive but not relying on it, I think he will be fine.

MonroeFAN
09-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Dereck, really?

FIBA is stupid, it's not a surprise that he's struggling.

benzni
09-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I want to see him play in the regular season before I make an assumption

DaBUU
09-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Btw OP if you're gonna make a thread about a guy, at least spell his name right.

But the incorrect spelling in the title is sort of fitting for this troll thread.

colinskik
09-03-2014, 03:46 PM
I've been watching all the FIBA games as well as the warm up games and Rose just doesn't seem like the same guy.

I know that he's still getting back into game shape, and I also know that he's probably not going 110% yet. I have to assume he's using this as tune up for the regular season. Still, there are simple things that look way off. His shot looks broken again and he's not hitting his floater. Without those he's relying upon pure athleticism, which I think he's trying not to do seeing as it resulted in two knee injuries.

I'm sure he'll continue to improve his game before the NBA season starts, but aside from a handful of nice plays he's either been non-existent on the court of flat out bad.

Crackadalic
09-03-2014, 04:49 PM
He won't be all star derrick rose till the second round of the playoffs at least

MVP Rose is long gone

Ezio
09-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Sam Smith ‏@SamSmithHoops 4m
Rose leaves with USA up 40 in 4th with efficient 6 points, 3 assists and 1 turnover in 13 minutes and best plus/minus among USA guards.

He done though

DaBUU
09-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Sam Smith ‏@SamSmithHoops 4m
Rose leaves with USA up 40 in 4th with efficient 6 points, 3 assists and 1 turnover in 13 minutes and best plus/minus among USA guards.

He done though

This is all Thibs wants him to do, and this is all Team USA needs him to do.

northsider
09-03-2014, 07:39 PM
If you pay attention to the underlying sentiment it's not "is Rose done" but "I hope Rose is done." A lot of people's feelings are still hurt about a) his MVP and b) that he wisely took his time before coming back.....

This.

This.

Side order of this.

And we'll finish it off with this.

It couldn't be more pathetic and obvious.

jimm120
09-03-2014, 07:57 PM
But the incorrect spelling in the title is sort of fitting for this troll thread.

seriously?

I'm sorry I misspelled his name (or rather that his parents misspelled it). I know his name is "dereck" and so I spelled it whichever way it sounded to me, instead of how his birth certificate wrote it.

Its like Shawn. If I only know how the name sounds, I'll write it with "aw". if I know that the spelling is Sean, then I'll write it like that.

I don't know if it is Derek, Derrek, Derrik, Derik, Derick, etc. And I wasn't going to go waste time looking for the spelling.

jimm120
09-03-2014, 08:01 PM
I think I chose the wrong wording with "done". By done, I meant being that all-star or MVP level player. Not done as in he's garbage.

I made the thread because the bulls lost a lot this offseason (upgraded Gasol from Boozer, but lost some key players) and yet I saw people penciling them in at 55 wins or even 61 wins...which is too much.

MY VIEWPOINT is that if people are counting on Rose to get them to those 55 or 61 wins because Rose is playing like an allstar or mvp, then they're not looking at the numbers.

my viewpoint.

effen5
09-03-2014, 08:03 PM
seriously?

I'm sorry I misspelled his name (or rather that his parents misspelled it). I know his name is "dereck" and so I spelled it whichever way it sounded to me, instead of how his birth certificate wrote it.

Its like Shawn. If I only know how the name sounds, I'll write it with "aw". if I know that the spelling is Sean, then I'll write it like that.

I don't know if it is Derek, Derrek, Derrik, Derik, Derick, etc. And I wasn't going to go waste time looking for the spelling.

Actually his mom didn't misspell his name. You did. Every single one of them is incorrect.

I mean don't you have any friends name Derrick?

effen5
09-03-2014, 08:04 PM
I think I chose the wrong wording with "done". By done, I meant being that all-star or MVP level player. Not done as in he's garbage.

I made the thread because the bulls lost a lot this offseason (upgraded Gasol from Boozer, but lost some key players) and yet I saw people penciling them in at 55 wins or even 61 wins...which is too much.

MY VIEWPOINT is that if people are counting on Rose to get them to those 55 or 61 wins because Rose is playing like an allstar or mvp, then they're not looking at the numbers.

my viewpoint.

I'm curious...who did the Bulls lose this off season that is a big loss? Are you watching what Pau Gasol is doing in the Fiba games?

jimm120
09-03-2014, 08:06 PM
these fiba games mean nothing in terms of Rose being done. he hasnt played much basketball the last two years and is trying to shake the rust. as long as the explosiveness is there he will be fine after a few weeks of the season

this topic is about how long it'll take him to "get back".

its either:

How long till he gets back to mvp level
how long till he gets back to allstar level
He'll be productive
He'll be a player that isn't effective anymore.

effen5
09-03-2014, 08:09 PM
this topic is about how long it'll take him to "get back".

its either:

How long till he gets back to mvp level
how long till he gets back to allstar level
He'll be productive
He'll be a player that isn't effective anymore.

Thread title says different.

effen5
09-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm glad he is getting the rust out of the way now...and not during the season.

bbcmillionaire
09-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Lol nothing to see here folks just a bitter knick fan who's upset with the bulls for some reason....

bbcmillionaire
09-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Lmao all the things you've said should be negated with the assumption you have of DERRICK rose name being misspelled by his parents and you have the correct way because it "sounds correct to you. Whale pic up a fone n kall derecks agent cuz his ball playing daze are dun. P.s. Don't correct me because it "sounded right to me"

KG2TB
09-03-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm curious...who did the Bulls lose this off season that is a big loss? Are you watching what Pau Gasol is doing in the Fiba games?

I'm curious too. Unless he's referring to losing DJ Augustin. But we added Aaron Brooks and well...Derrick Rose. Not to mention Mirotic and McDermott.

As for the question....I don't think we'll see a comfortable, consistent Rose until about the half way mark, maybe a little longer. I expect to see glimpses of great things but also a lot of uncharacteristic plays and bad games. As the season goes on, I expect him to gradually improve and by the time the playoffs come around I think he'll be playing at an all-star level.

Gaucho_KL75
09-03-2014, 10:08 PM

my viewpoint.

Lost some key players? What the hell are you talking about?

Lost: Carlos Boozer, DJ Augustine

Added: Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Doug McDermott, Aaron Brooks

Shmontaine
09-03-2014, 11:00 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2166219-chicago-bulls-not-cleveland-cavs-are-eastern-conference-favorites

"But—and this is the shocking part—the 59-win projection doesn’t even account for Rose’s return. It presumes he gives Chicago the exact same thing he contributed last year.

The 48 wins the Bulls achieved in 2013-14 only include Rose’s 10 poorly played games. Considering he contributed minus-.2 win shares over them, it’s hard to believe he can give even less this year. No adjustment has been made for his return, yet.

In other words, the Bulls could push 60, even without Rose, per SCHOENE projections. "

bearadonisdna
09-03-2014, 11:00 PM
seriously?

Then you shouldnt have wasted your time making this thread.

And this quote from u
"I made the thread because the bulls lost a lot this offseason (upgraded Gasol from Boozer, but lost some key players) and yet I saw people penciling them in at 55 wins or even 61 wins...which is too much."

Shows your really not in tune with the Bulls.

bearadonisdna
09-03-2014, 11:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2166219-chicago-bulls-not-cleveland-cavs-are-eastern-conference-favorites

"But—and this is the shocking part—the 59-win projection doesn’t even account for Rose’s return. It presumes he gives Chicago the exact same thing he contributed last year.

The 48 wins the Bulls achieved in 2013-14 only include Rose’s 10 poorly played games. Considering he contributed minus-.2 win shares over them, it’s hard to believe he can give even less this year. No adjustment has been made for his return, yet.

In other words, the Bulls could push 60, even without Rose, per SCHOENE projections. "

Yeah that dude kinda dug his hole in whats really a 2 team conference nowadays.
And if some internet poster thinks he is done they need to tell ESPN who listed him as a top 3 MVP candidate after his impressive campe and a scrimmage or two.

bearadonisdna
09-03-2014, 11:11 PM
But honestly bull fans if you dont want knick fans to rag on your precious then u should keep them out of ur sights as well. Most of know that there is a heavy NY influence on this board.

Shmontaine
09-03-2014, 11:21 PM
The more reps drose gets the better. I couldn't care less about his stats, to be honest. I think his role in fiba is perfect so far.

quade36
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM

No no. They did lose players. They lost Eric Murphy, Nazi Mohommad, Tornike, the goat Mike James, and of course, their biggest loss, Jimmer!!!! They surely can't replace those guys.

Confusious
09-04-2014, 12:04 AM
I never wanted to believe it, but those people who said Rose is basically Stephon Marbury were 1000% CORRECT. :laugh:

When did they add Derrick Rose? He's just gonna go down again eventually.

killbumdeluxe13
09-04-2014, 12:40 AM
The shooting percentage is the most troubling aspect. I don't think he necessarily cares all that much about the FIBA championship as much as he does about getting back into real NBA action. He might be overly tentative during these games with the season so close. Lack of production against inferior competition does raise a red flag, but I'm not ready to say he can't reach All Star potential without seeing a decent sample of NBA games. I feel like its more mental than anything. Remember, Westbrook has had his fair share of injury concerns and has still been able to come back and be the same player, possibly better. Rose hasn't played in two years, he still has to get back in the flow of things. Definite concern however.

Sanjay
09-04-2014, 12:49 AM
He basically has not played in two years...

clehmun
09-04-2014, 07:26 AM
It'll take him till All-Star break i think. He'll be back to where he was before, but with the improvement of LBJ, Durant, Griffin and A.Davis... I don't know if he'll ever be MVP again.

He'll eventually be a top 10 player again.

Moses Malone
09-04-2014, 07:40 AM
He can be a good contributor like George Hill.

bearadonisdna
09-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Through the four games, Team USA is +81 in 70 minutes with Rose on the court, compared to +69 in 94 minutes with Irving on the court.

bearadonisdna
09-04-2014, 10:46 AM
I never wanted to believe it, but those people who said Rose is basically Stephon Marbury were 1000% CORRECT. :laugh:

When did marbury ever get all team all nba? And your avatar love hasnt been the epitome of health in his career either.

colinskik
09-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Rose had a really nice pass in yesterday's game and a really ugly shot. That's the extent of what I remember seeing from him.

His shot looks more broken then it was when he first came into the league. He's gotta work out the kinks.

He's looking pretty good in terms of quickness and movement. He does seems to be a bit complacent, which may be a product of the team's construction, but I find myself losing him on the court a lot.

I'm not going to put too much stock into the +/- numbers because the US always has at least one quarter where they completely blow out the other team and it's not because Coach K put the right mix of players on the court. It's because the opposition eventually gets worn down no matter which US players are out there.

Overall he's been the least impressive guard on the team IMO. Him and Klay are leaving a lot to be desired. Looking forward to see how Rose continues to progress before making a blanket statement about his future.

toovey107
09-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Weren't you a Bulls fan like a year or two ago?

Interesting.

jimm120
09-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Then you shouldnt have wasted your time making this thread.

And this quote from u
"I made the thread because the bulls lost a lot this offseason (upgraded Gasol from Boozer, but lost some key players) and yet I saw people penciling them in at 55 wins or even 61 wins...which is too much."

Shows your really not in tune with the Bulls.

Shouldn't have made the thread because I didn't know how to spell Derek the way his momma spelled it? wow.

Look, stop grasping at straws. I'm a Knicks fan, but I'm objective. I simply think that Chicago is being overrated. But the point really isn't that. Its more like Rose is not what people are dreaming he'll be.

That said, I DO think he'll get back to allstar levels...just not this year and maybe not even consistently at allstar levels. I believe he'll one day (1 - 3 years from now) end up playing at an allstar level but then get some other injury and lose it.

jimm120
09-04-2014, 08:16 PM
It'll take him till All-Star break i think. He'll be back to where he was before, but with the improvement of LBJ, Durant, Griffin and A.Davis... I don't know if he'll ever be MVP again.

He'll eventually be a top 10 player again.

I really don't think he'll be a top 10 player anymore (eg. mvp like). I can see him being an allstar type player after a season at least...but even then, I don't expect him to sustain it.

effen5
09-04-2014, 08:42 PM
How are the bulls overrated??? We were severely undermanned last year and won 6 games less than you beloved knicks of 2 years ago.

FlashBolt
09-04-2014, 11:19 PM
You want a persons whole career to be over, something they worked toward for 20 some years because that players brother made a stupid remark.

rethink your priorities if this league means that much to you

So you find nothing wrong that he probably told his brother he didn't have enough help and the fact that he went out partying while his team battled a brutal game against Brooklyn in the playoffs? That's your star player there. If Durant was doing what he did or James was doing what Rose is doing, we'd be all over them criticizing them. What would the media do if James took 2 years off, shot 20% from the field, and ran around reporters telling them 1) Bulls are better than Cavs and 2) He's the best player in the game...

D_Rose1118
09-05-2014, 02:12 AM
So you find nothing wrong that he probably told his brother he didn't have enough help and the fact that he went out partying while his team battled a brutal game against Brooklyn in the playoffs? That's your star player there. If Durant was doing what he did or James was doing what Rose is doing, we'd be all over them criticizing them. What would the media do if James took 2 years off, shot 20% from the field, and ran around reporters telling them 1) Bulls are better than Cavs and 2) He's the best player in the game...

So he can lose his whole career because he "probably" told his brother to say that.
The guy busting his butt in the gym everyday recovering from a major ligament tear and taking HIS time cause it's HIS knee can lose his career.

Okay.

FlashBolt
09-05-2014, 03:36 AM
So he can lose his whole career because he "probably" told his brother to say that.
The guy busting his butt in the gym everyday recovering from a major ligament tear and taking HIS time cause it's HIS knee can lose his career.

Okay.

The guy who went to a club when his team lost to Brooklyn game 6 NBA playoffs.. You support this clown? Taking a huge part of your salary cap and taking his time like he's on vacation? I value players like Kobe who if the doctor told him it would take 1 year to rehabilitate, he would have made it his mission to come back in 6 months. Rose took his time, took the money, and thinks he's the best player in NBA.. Dude is straight-up a joke.

Confusious
09-05-2014, 03:51 AM
When did marbury ever get all team all nba? And your avatar love hasnt been the epitome of health in his career either.
Marbury used to be a highly talented player. And then he regressed horribly.
And say whatever you want about Love. Situations weren't even the same. But even still, he didn't set out of the league for two years. You fail to prove any point with either statement.

SanPitte
09-05-2014, 04:33 AM
He might make the all-star team only because a lot of people will vote for him for a couple of years

D_Rose1118
09-05-2014, 09:35 AM
The guy who went to a club when his team lost to Brooklyn game 6 NBA playoffs.. You support this clown? Taking a huge part of your salary cap and taking his time like he's on vacation? I value players like Kobe who if the doctor told him it would take 1 year to rehabilitate, he would have made it his mission to come back in 6 months. Rose took his time, took the money, and thinks he's the best player in NBA.. Dude is straight-up a joke.

Yeah D rose is the straight up joke In this one forsure

Can't even argue with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. I realized I remember what is driving this d rose hate from you.