PDA

View Full Version : Harden's spectacular defense in international play

blahblahyoutoo
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/01/james-harden-with-more-bad-defense-in-usas-win-over-turkey-video/

jaydubb
09-01-2014, 02:54 PM
I've seen him do worse

ThuglifeJ
09-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Gotta be hard to be a Harden supporter when you see things like this...and the score of the game

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Edit: Nvm....have your circle jerk hate fest.

valade16
09-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Edit: Nvm....have your circle jerk hate fest.

What is your disagreement? Do you not think Harden is that bad at defense?

I imagine part of the Rockets 'hate' you perceive on here is because Rockets fans deny things like Harden being atrocious on defense.

moonman1224
09-01-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't remember harden being this bad defensively back in okc

BoSox47
09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
He has to be one of the worst defenders in the league, not sure how you lose your man like that.

bleedprple&gold
09-01-2014, 03:30 PM

Yea I think when he actually tries he is a capable defender. He had more help offensively in OKC so I think he would put forth more effort on the defensive end whereas now he tries to conserve all his energy for offense and hope Howard can cover his defensive mistakes.

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM
What is your disagreement? Do you not think Harden is that bad at defense?

I imagine part of the Rockets 'hate' you perceive on here is because Rockets fans deny things like Harden being atrocious on defense.

My disagreement is pointing out ONE play and making a thread about it when he's actually been playing better defensively. He's blocked shots and gotten steals that requires good team defense.

That play was horrible and it highlights everything wrong with his defense but starting a thread over it just to have the same ppl come say the same **** that was in the other thread is pointless. This could have been moved I to the other thread but it's just another place for ppl to start the jerking fest.

0nekhmer
09-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I blame the coaches just as much as him. As a raptors fan, prior to signing HC Dwane Casey, demar was a terrible defender, who was never benched for his defense. The thing is, if you're so good on offense, you should be able to anticipate your opponents decisions and use that offensive IQ on defense.. Just a matter of trying and playing hard, which harden lacks. Guys like him won't have a long career of success

Greg.
09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Kyrie did a pretty good job there too

houstonfan
09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
James Harden is a very bad defensive player, probably the worst of anyone that is considered a "star" player. Everyone knows this.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
His inability to play d is super overblown. His attention span on the defensive end is the only problem. He plays some of the best man defense on Lebron...same with Melo. Any good scorer who heavily relies on athletic ability to score can play solid defense. Wanting to do it, or caring enough to do it, or taking pride in it is the roadblock.

MonroeFAN
09-01-2014, 03:47 PM
My disagreement is pointing out ONE play and making a thread about it when he's actually been playing better defensively. He's blocked shots and gotten steals that requires good team defense.

That play was horrible and it highlights everything wrong with his defense but starting a thread over it just to have the same ppl come say the same **** that was in the other thread is pointless. This could have been moved I to the other thread but it's just another place for ppl to start the jerking fest.

Agreed, not a big Houston guy, but even I can admit this topic is uncalled for.

MrfadeawayJB
09-01-2014, 03:49 PM
NBA has several one way players in it. If you can carry the load on offense, nobody cares about your lack of D

JEDean89
09-01-2014, 03:55 PM
except he isn't carrying the load on offense and is a liability on defense. he's getting a bunch of assists but honestly the guy has got to realize there is a camera on him at all times, if he isn't gonna play defense he's gonna get called out on it.

WITZ
09-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Best player in the league :laugh:

kobe4thewinbang
09-01-2014, 04:03 PM
James, this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3FsMQd23w

:D

Rockets fans, even y'all gotta admit Harden is one lazy *** woman on defense.

JEDean89
09-01-2014, 04:09 PM
i've also read countless anti lebron, melo, kobe etc... threads saying nothing but negative things about them and have never understood why james harden talking the talk and not walking the walk deserves so much defense. i get that rockets fans are dealing with a lot between dwight and harden but you don't see any protection against other fanbases.

beasted86
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM

The amount of crying that you and your fellow Rockets fans do has been atrocious... almost as atrocious as Harden's defense.

Man up! Stop crying in every thread about people "hating" the Rockets. HEAT "followers" on their worst day didn't cry as much as you guys do to administrators, and the comments and threads were double fold.

Harden's effort is despicable on defense especially the last two years. He's shown no increase in effort regardless of the stage, whether regular season, playoffs or FIBA.

Bruno
09-01-2014, 04:43 PM
he had a decent defensive game. but he will have these moments, it happens.

ThuglifeJ
09-01-2014, 04:46 PM

The amount of crying that you and your fellow Rockets fans do has been atrocious... almost as atrocious as Harden's defense.

Man up! Stop crying in every thread about people "hating" the Rockets. HEAT "followers" on their worst day didn't cry as much as you guys do to administrators, and the comments and threads were double fold.

Harden's effort is despicable on defense especially the last two years. He's shown no increase in effort regardless of the stage, whether regular season, playoffs or FIBA.

Word. You guys handled the finals losses and especially recent blowout loss to Spurs better than rockets fans do with Harden and Morey critics...

Verbal Christ
09-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Who the **** is crying? **** is such a non issue its crazy. Repost or name off any ROX fan that called for immunity or protection against the rest of the board. All that made up horseshit about HOU fans not having legs to stand on when defending their star players is *****made. Maybe the Mods are just as tired as many other fans when the same click of 'bros' starts and posts the same hating *** ****. Novel idea huh?

ON TOPIC: One play. His defense has been much improved, even though his 3 point shot is broken right now. He is leading that team and a lot of people are just mad. The usual.

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Crying? There's a difference between that and just letting the same circle jerk start. Idk if you would know but I defended Lebron the same way all these years.

Just because u didn't speak up is your deal. I speak up because I can. Defending the heat is irrelevant to this topic at hand. There were ppl like myself that defended the heat as well. Get your head outta your *** and you'd see that.

Just Because the heat are irrelevant doesn't mean you need to come in hear trying to excuse the hate because you didn't defend it when the heat were relevant.

ThuglifeJ
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Improved defense??

So from like the clear cut worst defender in the league by a landslide to just a smaller landslide?

That's cute.

lamzoka
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM
James Harden is a hell of an offensive player, but dude gotta be the worst defensive player in the league.

His defensive iq have to be on a single digit type of ****.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 05:12 PM

This is true though. You never heard Heat/Cavs/Laker fans running to mods and asking threads to be closed because there is to much negativity. You should not care that much.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Who the **** is crying? **** is such a non issue its crazy. Repost or name off any ROX fan that called for immunity or protection against the rest of the board. All that made up horseshit about HOU fans not having legs to stand on when defending their star players is *****made. Maybe the Mods are just as tired as many other fans when the same click of 'bros' starts and posts the same hating *** ****. Novel idea huh?

ON TOPIC: One play. His defense has been much improved, even though his 3 point shot is broken right now. He is leading that team and a lot of people are just mad. The usual.

I thought a grip of Houston threads got all closed at the same time at the request of salty rocket fans who were mad at the threads. Now if Im wrong about that then my bad, but if that did happen, I don't really care about the content, if you don't like a thread, don't go in it, don't stop other people from having fun in a room you don't have to enter.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Crying? There's a difference between that and just letting the same circle jerk start. Idk if you would know but I defended Lebron the same way all these years.

Just because u didn't speak up is your deal. I speak up because I can. Defending the heat is irrelevant to this topic at hand. There were ppl like myself that defended the heat as well. Get your head outta your *** and you'd see that.

Just Because the heat are irrelevant doesn't mean you need to come in hear trying to excuse the hate because you didn't defend it when the heat were relevant.

Hey, I feel ya, and no doubt it is a circle jerk, but at the same time, I just feel its weak to go as far as to report people/threads to moderators. But yeah, they did the same thing with the Heat, and Lebron so I know what your saying. I would just rather defend with my own words, or not even join the debate. Its tattle tailing and Im not into that.

Confusious
09-01-2014, 05:22 PM

One play huh?
Video evidence says you're a dumbass. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao)

"Jerking fest". You must really be sensitive to think of a thread like this as jerking.

Shlumpledink
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
This is why he considers himself the all around best player in the game. Offensively he isn't, but it is plays like this that put him a cut above the rest.

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Hey, I feel ya, and no doubt it is a circle jerk, but at the same time, I just feel its weak to go as far as to report people/threads to moderators. But yeah, they did the same thing with the Heat, and Lebron so I know what your saying. I would just rather defend with my own words, or not even join the debate. Its tattle tailing and Im not into that.
I feel ya. I didn't report anyone I just come to defend.

One play huh?
Video evidence says you're a dumbass. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao)

"Jerking fest". You must really be sensitive to think of a thread like this as jerking.

Are YOU slow? That vid already warranted it's own thread last year. One play was the play that started THIS THREAD.

Can u read or did u not manage to learn that in the 4 years you haven't posted in the main forum until Lebron came home?

Confusious
09-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Are YOU slow? That vid already warranted it's own thread last year. One play was the play that started THIS THREAD.

Can u read or did u not manage to learn that in the 4 years you haven't posted in the main forum until Lebron came home?
I guess you're too stupid to realize that it isn't one play that makes him a defensive mess. You're probably right, everybody except Houston fans are wrong. Harden is a defensive master mind. Makes Rodman and Pippen look like Carmelo Anthony.

Are you really this much of a mental midget?

Ariza's Better
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM
I guess you're too stupid to realize that it isn't one play that makes him a defensive mess. You're probably right, everybody except Houston fans are wrong. Harden is a defensive master mind. Makes Rodman and Pippen look like Carmelo Anthony.

Man your slow.

mngopher35
09-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Out of curiosity, did you watch the game yesterday?

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 06:21 PM

Ah, so you lack reading comprehension.;) Let me break it down.

I said in my earlier post that "that play was horrible and it highlights everything wrong with his defense." I never claimed he was a great defender.

What I said is that WE HAVE HAD this thread already and this ONE play didn't warrant another thread.

Maybe you were still in hiding so you didn't catch the first thread but THAT was my point.

PurpleLynch
09-01-2014, 06:21 PM
I don't understand him honestly. He has all the tools to be a decent defender. He just seems soooo lazy. 1-on-1 he was a capable defender in Okc as far as I remember. Right now he's always lost,never tries to break a play,no hustle,nothing. He's like "I got Howard in the paint,I don't even have to worry about defense"

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Man your slow.

*you're

But I agree ;) Just thought i'd point this out b4 he tried turning this into a grammar lesson. :cheers:

Iron24th
09-01-2014, 06:33 PM
What is shocking sometimes is how he's not interested to play defense, we all played ball and how the hell can you let/watch a guy pass you like that without even throwing an arm at him?!?!

PowerHouse
09-01-2014, 06:35 PM

He was still trying to get a max contract back then.

tredigs
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Ah, so you lack reading comprehension.;) Let me break it down.

I said in my earlier post that "that play was horrible and it highlights everything wrong with his defense." I never claimed he was a great defender.

What I said is that WE HAVE HAD this thread already and this ONE play didn't warrant another thread.

Maybe you were still in hiding so you didn't catch the first thread but THAT was my point.
Out of curiosity, did they have it before or after he proclaimed himself the best overall player in the world?

The late 3rd quarter tying three by Turkey on our National team does not exactly help his cause here.

So long as he proclaims himself the best of the best (while - although an elite player - being the best at no facet of the game other than the ability to draw fouls in the paint with the entertainment-killing forearm extension drive), he's going to be put on blast. Rockets fans, your best course of action is to join in on the collective facepalm (I know I sure as fk would if I was a Houston fan looking for titles), or get swept up in it. It won't change until Harden does.

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Out of curiosity, did they have it before or after he proclaimed himself the best overall player in the world?

The late 3rd quarter tying three by Turkey on our National team does not exactly help his cause here.

So long as he proclaims himself the best of the best (while -although an elite player - being the best at no facet of the game other than the ability to draw fouls in the paint with the entertainment-killing forearm extension drive), he's going to be put on blast. Rockets fans, your best course of action is to join in on the collective facepalm (I know I sure as fk would if I was a Houston fan looking for titles), or get swept up in it. It won't change until Harden does.

Does that matter? It doesn't change the fact we've had this thread and NO ONE took him seriously as the best player in the world.

No I won't join in. I already know he's a lazy defender that has TERRIBLE mental lapses. Why should I let it be known every time?

Should we make a thread every time Curry does his silly over the head hook pass that gets picked off? Would you participate in THAT thread. Neither would I because it's DUMB to keep making threads over negative things that players do with frequency.

Harden is good to lose his defender about once or twice per game.

DallasTrilla23
09-01-2014, 06:46 PM

They use to put him on Kobe when OKC faced the lakers.

tredigs
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Does that matter? It doesn't change the fact we've had this thread and NO ONE took him seriously as the best player in the world.

No I won't join in. I already know he's a lazy defender that has TERRIBLE mental lapses. Why should I let it be known every time?

Should we make a thread every time Curry does his silly over the head hook pass that gets picked off? Would you participate in THAT thread. Neither would I because it's DUMB to keep making threads over negative things that players do with frequency.

Harden is good to lose his defender about once or twice per game.

You don't have to participate, but being hilariously defensive (at least someone is amirite?) and clearly taking offense to it is not going to help.

And yes, Harden calling himself the best all around player in the game does indeed matter (the fact that everyone squarely laughed at him is beside the point, he said it and means it, and is elite enough offensively that people will at least watch him closer as a result). He put the bulls-eye there, and to do this same **** for Team USA at a point where we're actually in a situation where we can lose to Turkey in the 2nd game of the tournament? Ridiculous.

It's not a thread about him being a "bad defender". As people have stated, his ability is fully there and he's even trying to showcase it more often now apparently - it's a thread about him being a lazy p.o.s. on defense - which personally I LOVE as he plays for Houston, but not when it translates to our National team. He just needs to talk less and try more, period.

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM
You don't have to participate, but being hilariously defensive (at least someone is amirite?) and clearly taking offense to it is not going to help.

And yes, Harden calling himself the best all around player in the game does indeed matter (the fact that everyone squarely laughed at him is beside the point, he said it and means it, and is elite enough offensively that people will at least watch him closer as a result). He put the bulls-eye there, and to do this same **** for Team USA at a point where we're actually in a situation where we can lose to Turkey in the 2nd game of the tournament? Ridiculous.

It's not a thread about him being a "bad defender". As people have stated, his ability is fully there and he's even trying to showcase it more often now apparently - it's a thread about him being a lazy p.o.s. on defense - which personally I LOVE as he plays for Houston, but not when it translates to our National team. He just needs to talk less and try more, period.

Being defensive would imply that I don't think he's a bad defender or lazy. I think he is a bad defender because he's lazy. My point was WE HAVE HAD THIS THREAD BEFORE. idk if you can comprehend that part of it.

And don't worry about him being a lazy defender as it pertains to Houston, because it hasn't really helped your team to have too much success against us lately.

archdevil84
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM
james harden sucks on defense. and on offense too.

tredigs
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Being defensive would imply that I don't think he's a bad defender or lazy. I think he is a bad defender because he's lazy. My point was WE HAVE HAD THIS THREAD BEFORE. idk if you can comprehend that part of it.

And don't worry about him being a lazy defender as it pertains to Houston, because it hasn't really helped your team to have too much success against us lately.

Haha well no - being defensive would be doing exactly what you're doing; making trite troll attempts about irrelevant topics and generally coming off as a whiny kid.

Excuse PSD if they don't scour the backlogs of threads here to keep in accordance with your gentle sports-attached ego. The ''best overall player in the world'' looking like a high butterfly watcher in crucial moments for Team USA's National team in the World's will draw some attention, sorry to be the one to spell this out for you.

koreancabbage
09-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Klay Thompson, Harden, Irving, Rose were terrible in that game.

Htownballa1622
09-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Haha well no - being defensive would be doing exactly what you're doing; making trite troll attempts about irrelevant topics and generally coming off as a whiny kid.

Excuse PSD if they don't scour the backlogs of threads here to keep in accordance with your gentle sports-attached ego. The ''best overall player in the world'' looking like a high butterfly watcher in crucial moments for Team USA's National team in the World's will draw some attention, sorry to be the one to spell this out for you.

Haha. I responded to your jab with one of my own and I'm defensive now? Haha. I'm straight.

It really doesn't affect me like you think. I just have an account and have the freedom to call out the bs so I do.

I've stated james is a bad defender. I've said he's lazy. You try to be petty by bringing up the best player in the world topic and I just shake it off.

Excuse me if I will tell a troll something or call out where there's a hate fest brewing.

Dude above said james is terrible on offense. I don't respond cuz he's a terrible poster but it's those kinds of things that are said in a thread motivated by hatred.

I've defended Lebron, westbrook, etc. About things like this too but because I'm a rox fan and this is harden then I'm crying...cool. Moving on.

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 09:14 PM
That was one play. Does every single poor defensive play by a single player deserve its own thread? I think not. Someone close this **** down...

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Based on what? What barometer are using to judge a player's offensive abilities that could possibly portray Harden as a terrible offensive player? You're just spewing nonsensical, blind hatred at a player you don't like with no evidence whatsoever to back up your weak *** take. Pathetic.

D-Leethal
09-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Damn you Houston fans are a whiny bunch. Maybe we should re-sticky the "Don't pick on Houston Rockets players thread" again.

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Damn you Houston fans are a whiny bunch. Maybe we should re-sticky the "Don't pick on Houston Rockets players thread" again.

I'm sorry. Do you see any other threads that are based entirely on a single player's lack of defense on a single play? No. Then quit acting like there's no justification for why a thread like this might piss us off. If I had picked a video of a single poor Carmelo Anthony defensive effort from Youtube and made a thread for it with the tagline "Look how ****** Carmelo is on defense!" I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy about it.

tredigs
09-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Lmao -- you guys act like this is some PSD-Hate effect. This was a linked article from NBC Sports bud, not PSD. I was laughing at my TV watching it during the game myself and was 100% positive I was going to see it on my twitter feed from Strauss or somebody else on ESPN later that day (I did). The best part is that it showcased the pathetic nature of Kyrie's D at the same time - just not as blatantly.

We have threads on potential CDR signings right now in the basketball forum, don't act surprised when mindblowingly (and repetitive) plays like this of our marquee players in big moments for Team USA are put on blast.

That said, we should have a FIBA thread in here (literally nobody visits its subforum) and we can just discuss all things related to it there.

Can you imagine if it was Kobe or Lebron who did this? Twitter would shut down.

tredigs
09-01-2014, 10:06 PM
And honestly, the fact that it's for Team USA makes it fully justifiable for people to call out complete apathy on the court. He has no business representing the country with **** like that.

FlashBolt
09-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Why do Houston fans think we're targeted them? I mean you do realize it's your team that actually commits these silly acts. And don't get me started with this one play thing.. he's notorious along with Wade for these lazy defensive lapses in which they seem to not care about anything except shooting the ball. From derailing teammates, belittling every single one of them, calling themselves the best player, calling themselves the best duo in NBA, and not to mention Harden is a choke in the playoffs. I'm not giving them passes and you shouldn't too. You know Harden plays crappy defense - so defending him is pretty much pointless. One play? I bet we would have a movie by the time the tournament is finished. So much for the "best player". It's funny because he's arguably the 1st option on this 2014 team but if KD, James, CP3, Wade, Kobe, Carmelo, and others were part of this tournament, Harden would be coming out the bench as the 8th option. He should take this time to distinguish himself as an elite player.. Something Anthony Davis is doing.

That video is when USA was up 3. And not to mention he is representing USA. Does this guy really care? How do you have that kind of mental lapse and forget who's in front of you. If I was coach K, I would make Harden defend all game and not let him touch the ball at all. Let's see how useful he is when he's not controlling the ball.

ThuglifeJ
09-01-2014, 10:14 PM

Based on what? What barometer are using to judge a player's offensive abilities that could possibly portray Harden as a terrible offensive player? You're just spewing nonsensical, blind hatred at a player you don't like with no evidence whatsoever to back up your weak *** take. Pathetic.

Shooting below 38% in the playoffs...

Holding the ball in triple threat position for 20 of the 24 second shot clock just to force up a shot or make his teammate force up a shot...

The fact getting to the line (in cheap scam artist ways) is his best facet of his offensive game...

ThuglifeJ
09-01-2014, 10:29 PM
And honestly, the fact that it's for Team USA makes it fully justifiable for people to call out complete apathy on the court. He has no business representing the country with **** like that.

Thank youu

phi2134
09-01-2014, 10:46 PM

Superstars dont even take one play off, dude sucks royally at being a leader and giving it his all

SlimKid
09-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Uh oh.. A supposed Rockets hate thread, everyone's banned :p

TheIlladelph16
09-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Oh look the 100th topic on the same damn subject this summer. I mean, we know Harden is a poor defender at this point. Is this what goes for thread worthy around here now? I don't even like the Rockets, but this bashing is massively repetitive. Now that the Heat have broken up, the cool thing to do is bash Kevin Love or anyone affiliated with the Rockets.

Same **** different day here apparently.

mightybosstone
09-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Lmao -- you guys act like this is some PSD-Hate effect. This was a linked article from NBC Sports bud, not PSD. I was laughing at my TV watching it during the game myself and was 100% positive I was going to see it on my twitter feed from Strauss or somebody else on ESPN later that day (I did). The best part is that it showcased the pathetic nature of Kyrie's D at the same time - just not as blatantly.
Except this thread didn't once mention Kyrie's defense did it? In fact, if it had just been Kyrie, this **** wouldn't have been a thread at all.

We have threads on potential CDR signings right now in the basketball forum, don't act surprised when mindblowingly (and repetitive) plays like this of our marquee players in big moments for Team USA are put on blast.
But it was one play. One play. Against Turkey. When he does this in the championship game against Spain, then we can have a thread on the front page of the NBA forum calling the guy out and it could be justified. This isn't that time.

Can you imagine if it was Kobe or Lebron who did this? Twitter would shut down.
I'll be honest, I don't know that if Kobe or Lebron did this that it would have been a story. Because in their primes in international competition, those guys were great defenders and they would have been forgiven by a single lapse in judgment on the defensive end against an early round opponent like Turkey. I think analysts and media outlets are just looking for Harden to do it, and it makes him an easy target.

I'm sorry, but that's horseshit. The guy could have bailed like so many other superstars bailed this summer instead of participating. Hell, look at how Durant handled the situation after George's injury. There's no Durant. There's no Lebron. There's no Wade or Kobe or Dwight or Melo. Harden has stepped up and played extremely well thus far for this international team, so I think it's pretty insulting to say that because he had a mental lapse on one play that he doesn't deserve to represent the country.

Also, I want you to do me a favor. I want you to go back and watch the last two games against Finland and Turkey. Watch every single play on the defensive side of the ball. If you can honestly tell me that Harden was the only player who made a mistake on defense or looked apathetic on a single play then I'll shut up and won't post again in this thread.

DallasTrilla23
09-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Superstars dont even take one play off, dude sucks royally at being a leader and giving it his all

You kiddin' me bruh? That's not true, I've seen Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Dirk etc.. all take plays off.

Tumstock
09-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Except this thread didn't once mention Kyrie's defense did it? In fact, if it had just been Kyrie, this **** wouldn't have been a thread at all.

But it was one play. One play. Against Turkey. When he does this in the championship game against Spain, then we can have a thread on the front page of the NBA forum calling the guy out and it could be justified. This isn't that time.

I'll be honest, I don't know that if Kobe or Lebron did this that it would have been a story. Because in their primes in international competition, those guys were great defenders and they would have been forgiven by a single lapse in judgment on the defensive end against an early round opponent like Turkey. I think analysts and media outlets are just looking for Harden to do it, and it makes him an easy target.

I'm sorry, but that's horseshit. The guy could have bailed like so many other superstars bailed this summer instead of participating. Hell, look at how Durant handled the situation after George's injury. There's no Durant. There's no Lebron. There's no Wade or Kobe or Dwight or Melo. Harden has stepped up and played extremely well thus far for this international team, so I think it's pretty insulting to say that because he had a mental lapse on one play that he doesn't deserve to represent the country.

Also, I want you to do me a favor. I want you to go back and watch the last two games against Finland and Turkey. Watch every single play on the defensive side of the ball. If you can honestly tell me that Harden was the only player who made a mistake on defense or looked apathetic on a single play then I'll shut up and won't post again in this thread.

TL;dr rockers suck

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Terrible close out by Kyrie too, but at least he tried..Harden doesn't even move an arm.. so obnoxious.

AND IT'S NOT JUST PSD

Here's the comments at the bottom of this video...

I canít stand James Harden. He knows that his team needs him to be a good defender, he knows he can play defense, but he simply refuses to do it. He is actually choosing to do something that he knows will hurt his team. How can anybody on the Rockets respect him? Howard is a clown and Harden is a fraud.

99+ 10-

Wow!! Just wow!!

20+ 0-

00maltliquor - Sep 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Thatís nothing new, he does it all season long in the NBA.

Heís James Haren now. Lost the right to keep the ďdĒ in his name.

50+ 0-

Consistency and effort are the hallmarks of a good defensive player. Harden gambles for steals to add to his stat line thatís about it.

23+ 1-

Between this crap and the attitude he has towards his teammates, harden is setting himself apart as one of the leagues elite d-bags. Which is quite an accomplishment.

34+ 3-

Literally left him wide open didnít even bother, simple defensive play to slide to the corner and not loose your guy this is elementary, if that was my Coach he would have sat me down.

14+ 0-

On NBCsports.com.

but yea..it's just PSD hate..just PSD

beasted86
09-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Still see the tears falling from obnoxious Rockets fans.

This is an article with a video about Harden. The OP didn't take a random clip and then create a thread about it. He took an article he found interesting and posted it for commentary. You guys seriously just don't get it. You think everyone is out on some agenda to hate the Rockets... what for? Why should anyone care enough about the Rockets to hate them? I keep hearing that you guys think other team's fans are salty... for what? Lakers fans jealous? Warriors fans jealous? Over WHAT???!! I don't even know what secret society of hate you guys think is even going on.

0nekhmer
09-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Nobody hates the Houston Rockets TEAM, I personally dislike Harden and Dwight only on that team. If they were on the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls I'd still dislike them. No need to defend your star players, rockets fans.

Ariza's Better
09-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Can't we all get along like we used when I first joined the website? I wish I could bake a metaphorical cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would metaphorically eat it and be happy.

Hotone1401
09-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Nobody hates the Houston Rockets TEAM, I personally dislike Harden and Dwight only on that team. If they were on the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls I'd still dislike them. No need to defend your star players, rockets fans.

I totally agree. I really can't see any reason for anybody hating the Rockets, although their defensive fans are a bit annoying at this point.

I actually like all of the Rockets players outside of Dwight. My only gripe with Harden is his lack of effort on defense and the absurd amount of calls he gets on offense.

Chavacano
09-02-2014, 05:12 AM
At least Harden's consistent... :shrug:

Redrum187
09-02-2014, 07:32 AM
The Houston Rocket fans play astronomically better defense than James Harden.

sep11ie
09-02-2014, 08:01 AM
That's almost as bad as Wade's D in the finals.

effen5
09-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm surprised thibs hasn't had a heart attack yet. I thought I saw poor defense with boozer...Harden takes it to a whole new level.

PhillySportFan
09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
There's not much to argue, obviously he has the ability to play defense but that means nothing if he doesn't try to. Just another example of why Americans get a bad rap, laziness, making millions, makes a choice to play in that tourney and still doesn't have the heart to really show up. KD said, I'm not coming it's not worth it, that's fine. If he did decide to play he would of played the game how it suppose to be played, playing both ends.

Saddletramp
09-02-2014, 10:50 AM
There's not much to argue, obviously he has the ability to play defense but that means nothing if he doesn't try to. Just another example of why Americans get a bad rap, laziness, making millions, makes a choice to play in that tourney and still doesn't have the heart to really show up. KD said, I'm not coming it's not worth it, that's fine. If he did decide to play he would of played the game how it suppose to be played, playing both ends.

It's funny, because nobody is. Not one Rockets fan has defended Harden and said he doesn't play crappy defense. Does he always play crappy defense? No. But he plays enough of it to not *ahem* defend his defense.

Rockets fans are just saying "Get over it" and that somehow equates to defending Harden's defense. Everyone just needs to calm down and worry about themselves and the team they prefer at this point.

And I don't know who contacted the mods about all of the bait and troll threads (if anybody did), but that's not something I'd do. I kind of miss them as I got to see who the idiot butthurt posters are.

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2014, 11:20 AM
The Houston Rocket fans play astronomically better defense than James Harden.

++++111111111111111

"The 2 all-team defense votes say otherwise..."
-Rox fans

Saddletramp
09-02-2014, 02:52 PM
++++111111111111111

"The 2 all-team defense votes say otherwise..."
-Rox fans

We didn't say that, troll. Man, you're a terrible poster.

Tony_Starks
09-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Leave Haren alone man, he can't help it. It's like picking on the weirdo kid in school, enough is enough....

beasted86
09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Leave Haren alone man, he can't help it. It's like picking on the weirdo kid in school, enough is enough....

I see what you did there.

blahblahyoutoo
09-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh look the 100th topic on the same damn subject this summer. I mean, we know Harden is a poor defender at this point. Is this what goes for thread worthy around here now? I don't even like the Rockets, but this bashing is massively repetitive. Now that the Heat have broken up, the cool thing to do is bash Kevin Love or anyone affiliated with the Rockets.

Same **** different day here apparently.

it's the off season, nothing else is happening.
so it's not threadworthy in PSD, but is article worthy for an online publication whose readership dwarfs PSD.

Lakers + Giants
09-02-2014, 09:10 PM
When lakers faced OKC in the playoffs the first time I remember Harden guarding kobe pretty good. IDK what the hell happened, cuz I actually think he could be a good defender if he tried. I feel like he's just too lazy or disinterested on that end. He's become too focused on offense. Sure he's a fantastic offensive player, but sacrificing a little on the offensive end and improving on defense would make him and the rockets way better.

tredigs
09-03-2014, 02:23 AM
When lakers faced OKC in the playoffs the first time I remember Harden guarding kobe pretty good. IDK what the hell happened, cuz I actually think he could be a good defender if he tried. I feel like he's just too lazy or disinterested on that end. He's become too focused on offense. Sure he's a fantastic offensive player, but sacrificing a little on the offensive end and improving on defense would make him and the rockets way better.
...sacrificing a little *eX on the week*end and...

basketfan4life
09-03-2014, 02:37 AM

This is much better for you than. It's absolutely hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKavKEKX2Q

Htownballa1622
09-03-2014, 08:47 AM

Yeah, and I mentioned we had that thread already.

valade16
09-03-2014, 09:07 AM
The perplexing thing to me is how Rocket's fans are not the most pissed about Harden's terrible D? It's like they are perfectly OK with him being the laziest defender in the NBA.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
The perplexing thing to me is how Rocket's fans are not the most pissed about Harden's terrible D? It's like they are perfectly OK with him being the laziest defender in the NBA.

What are you basing this off of? Plenty of Rox fans have been pissed about it. What are we to do?

What's more annoying is having it brought up every couple weeks in new threads when we've had it brought up already.

I don't see why other posters don't understand that. It's not that difficult to grasp.

ThuglifeJ
09-03-2014, 11:34 AM

Haha. My thoughts exactly. Which is why they get flack.. They're blindly having his back as the worst defender in the NBA and justifying/defending it somehow..

Like how can u do that when its your team he's being lazy and not putting effort towards..

What a p.o.s. player and immature fanbase.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Haha. My thoughts exactly. Which is why they get flack.. They're blindly having his back as the worst defender in the NBA and justifying/defending it somehow..

Like how can u do that when its your team he's being lazy and not putting effort towards..

:facepalm: i find your lack of intelligence amazing.

Tony_Starks
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM

SOME Rockets fans have become some of the most sensitive fans in the world. All the legit criticism of players like Dwight, Lin, and Harden BEFORE they were Rockets are now taken as the most slanderous hurtful out of line comments ever. Where was all this defensive outrage before they put on a Houston jersey...

ThuglifeJ
09-03-2014, 12:15 PM

:facepalm: i find your lack of intelligence amazing.

? Its true. All of it.

But great response. Oh so intelligent one..

Stinkyoutsider
09-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I agree with some of the posts. Skill-wise, I think Harden could play solid defense. I've seen him reach and force a few loose balls during the World Cup this year. Didn't think he was capable of doing it to be honest.

In Houston, I think he's starting to feel the pressure that goes along with being a star player. Harden has it in his mind that he has to carry the Rockets offensively. Maybe he's trying to be smart and save his energy but I think he can be much better on the defensive end and can be smart and rely on teammates to help on the offensive end a little.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2014, 12:34 PM
? Its true. All of it.

But great response. Oh so intelligent one..

But it's not true at all. We all have said he plays terrible defense at times.

No one has defended him at all.

I said we already had this thread.

Get it?

TheIlladelph16
09-03-2014, 01:14 PM
it's the off season, nothing else is happening.
so it's not threadworthy in PSD, but is article worthy for an online publication whose readership dwarfs PSD.

It's not article or thread-worthy (for the publication or PSD) in the sense that it really means anything beyond "Look at this bad defensive play." Instead the article and thread become, "Look at this bad defensive play... Let's extrapolate this and make conclusions about something we already know." There's no real analysis here is my point. This is just modern journalism continuing to turn to complete crap.

This was posted here to flame Rockets fans who have talked about Harden improving upon his frankly terrible defense and sure enough the usual suspects showed up to participate. It's like reading a Yahoo article comment section in these topics.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2014, 01:30 PM
It's not article or thread-worthy (for the publication or PSD) in the sense that it really means anything beyond "Look at this bad defensive play." Instead the article and thread become, "Look at this bad defensive play... Let's extrapolate this and make conclusions about something we already know." There's no real analysis here is my point. This is just modern journalism continuing to turn to complete crap.

This was posted here to flame Rockets fans who have talked about Harden improving upon his frankly terrible defense and sure enough the usual suspects showed up to participate. It's like reading a Yahoo article comment section in these topics.

Exactly :clap:

mngopher35
09-03-2014, 02:16 PM

Pretty much how I feel as well. We all know that Harden has a large tendancy to stop watching and lose his guy and/or show little effort at times on that end. To be honest watching the game in question (and others from USA) I was thinking Harden is doing better on that end overall, probably call him average out there. He had another missed assignment I saw too but everyone will screw up on that end during a game and he had a couple steals I believe to help make up for it.

Basically all of the bashing is based off the past (like the videos being posted) and we have already had thread(s) for that. People aren't commenting on his overall defense on team USA at all really even though that is what the play is from. Just seems like a way to bring it all up again to do/say the exact same things. Not a huge deal since it is off season but you should understand rockets fans not wanting the same thing again.

blahblahyoutoo
09-03-2014, 10:54 PM

when you leave your man like that over and over and over again, there can only be one explanation. harden has gone full re ****.

blahblahyoutoo
09-03-2014, 10:56 PM

if threads can be made when someone makes a monstrous dunk, i don't see why the same can't be done when someone gets embarrassed on defense.
what's the difference?

Crackadalic
09-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Harden in a way is like Amare. There are times HE plays good solid D and shocks the hell out of me. Then most of the time he lays a red carpet next to him.

Just bad defensive awareness. Harden is just really bad but when engage he can play D

mjt20mik
09-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Harden in a way is like Amare. There are times HE plays good solid D and shocks the hell out of me. Then most of the time he lays a red carpet next to him.

Just bad defensive awareness. Harden is just really bad but when engage he can play D

This.

TheIlladelph16
09-03-2014, 11:46 PM
if threads can be made when someone makes a monstrous dunk, i don't see why the same can't be done when someone gets embarrassed on defense.
what's the difference?

They're both example of **** threads. This is basically the only forum on this website that continuously makes threads like that. There's a gameday thread for exactly what your referring to. Having multiple topics per week on how James Harden's defense sucks is repetitive and frankly pointless other than to make the same point over and over. Multiple threads to **** on Kobe, Lebron, Harden, Love, etc. every week really brings down the quality of the entire forum.

I don't even see Rockets fans arguing with the fact that his defense is bad, merely that it's improved from what it was. One play where he has a defensive lapse isn't proof that he has made no progress.

hugepatsfan
09-04-2014, 12:22 AM
God, no one really cares about HOU that much. Harden's defense is so pitiful at times that it's genuinely entertaining to watch. It actually makes me laugh and smile to watch him act like a matador out there. I'm equally as impressed by extreme ineptness as I am skill in sports, to be honest.

JustinTime
09-04-2014, 12:39 AM
if fans appreciated defense like they do offense this guy wouldn't even be considered a superstar.

bgdreton
09-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Houston fans you do realize if you don't respond or just agree with these Harden trolls eventually these threads with go away. They are only continuing to post because they are getting a rise out of you. If I were you guys I wouldn't post or just agree and say yes harden is the worse defender in the league anything else? At this point so many threads have opened up about it you are never going to change that persons mind, they are trolls thats the point. Also really who cares, he is who he is it just goes to show how much of a monster he is offensively to still be rated number 1 sg. I can agree these threads are boring as we been over them 1000 times. let's move on..

ThuglifeJ
09-04-2014, 01:53 AM
^ Hey look! A whiny cry baby!

I guess not understanding why some people can't comprehend low level English is now considered being a "whiny cry baby". Nice one?

What are you talking about? He stated his opinion on the thread. You responded in a whiny defensive matter, per usual.

Someone not liking a player, like Harden, or who disagrees with your opinion..

IS NOT A TROLL

COMPRENDE??

Shady66
09-04-2014, 09:59 AM
I can't believe how butthurt some people get

Shady66
09-04-2014, 10:00 AM
What are you talking about? He stated his opinion on the thread. You responded in a whiny defensive matter, per usual.

Someone not liking a player, like Harden, or who disagrees with your opinion..

IS NOT A TROLL

COMPRENDE??
Theirs no point trying to reason it will just hurt your head.

valade16
09-04-2014, 10:25 AM

So in your opinion if a fanbase makes a claim (such as Harden is improving on defense) that cannot be refuted? What are people supposed to do if Rockets fans are wrong about that fact, say nothing?

TheIlladelph16
09-04-2014, 10:40 AM
So in your opinion if a fanbase makes a claim (such as Harden is improving on defense) that cannot be refuted? What are people supposed to do if Rockets fans are wrong about that fact, say nothing?

One play is not proof of anything and you know that. If there was any kind of reasoned discussion going on then I would be inclined to agree with you, but there isn't.

Please take a look at the stuff that's being thrown around in this thread and the countless other threads on the same topic. I don't understand how you can't see a lot of this as trolling and/or baiting. In my experience here. you're better than this, which is not something I can say about a lot of posters in this thread.

valade16
09-04-2014, 11:03 AM
One play is not proof of anything and you know that. If there was any kind of reasoned discussion going on then I would be inclined to agree with you, but there isn't.

Please take a look at the stuff that's being thrown around in this thread and the countless other threads on the same topic. I don't understand how you can't see a lot of this as trolling and/or baiting. In my experience here. you're better than this, which is not something I can say about a lot of posters in this thread.

I'm sure there is a lot of baiting. Honestly, Rockets fans should have seen this coming when they signed Dwight, it comes with being a superstar who's not perfect. It sucks to be Rockets fans but at the same time, they have Dwight and Harden, it doesn't suck that bad...