PDA

View Full Version : Best landing spots for Rondo?

JasonJohnHorn
08-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Assuming that rumours are true and Boston deals Rondo before the start of the season, where is the best landing spot for him?

I'd love to see him in Sac-town with JSmoove, or in Detroit, as a Detroit fan, but I think the best spot for him would actually be Charlotte. They have a decent/young point guard they could send back in the trade (I think they could do a sign-and-trade with Walker if his contract is up this year, which I thought it was), and they could throw in Gerald Henderson since they got Lance Stephenson.

Add a pick next year and one of this year's picks, and that looks like a pretty good package. With Stephenson, Big-Al and Rondo, the Bobcats would have a nice lookin core, and MKG's developing game might make this a top four team in the conference.

Who else do you think has a package to offer that would look good? And where else would Rondo fit in?

5ass
08-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Every team already has a point guard, he won't be in very high demand. I think sactown is his best option.

GiantsSwaGG
08-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Indiana Pacers

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Market is thin for needing a pg. Jennings realized that when he was RFA previous summer. Reason why it became a easy sign and trade. Doubt Celtics get what they want for Rondo. Should of traded him like three years ago.

PacersForLife
08-31-2014, 07:11 PM
Every team already has a point guard, he won't be in very high demand. I think sactown is his best option.

Not every team, the Pacers don't really have a true pg and they've been linked to Rondo in rumors over the past few years. Not sure we have what Boston wants though.

Corey
08-31-2014, 07:22 PM
I think the Lakers are the most likely trade partner personally. Nash's expiring+Randle+something.

Captain Moroni
08-31-2014, 07:28 PM
this idea that everyone has a PG or a better PG than Rondo is ridiculous. The Lakers, Pacers, Heat, Knicks, all need an elite PG. don't fool yourself. Once Rose implodes again the Bulls will need one as well.

Corey
08-31-2014, 07:31 PM
this idea that everyone has a PG or a better PG than Rondo is ridiculous. The Lakers, Pacers, Heat, Knicks, all need an elite PG. don't fool yourself. Once Rose implodes again the Bulls will need one as well.

New York and Miami have zero to offer.

lakerfan85
08-31-2014, 07:33 PM
I think the Lakers are the most likely trade partner personally. Nash's expiring+Randle+something.

This would be a horrible trade for the Lakers..

Dade County
08-31-2014, 07:38 PM
It would have been the Pacers but with the PG injury, I don't see this happening. SacTown would have been fools gold, because the west is so tough.

Bucks:*He won't sign back
Knicks: It could work... Big market bright lights.
Houston: Could never work with him & Harden.
Dallas: Maybe
Lakers: They seem crowded at the pg position.
HEAT: lol you never know.

DillyDill
08-31-2014, 07:40 PM
I would love to have rondo whatever it takes plus his jumper has improved.

flea
08-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Who cares he sucks now and he's not going to any contender, and almost certainly not going to any playoff team.

tr3ymill3r
08-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Houston.

PurpleLynch
08-31-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure about a landing spot for Rondo...what about Detroit? Rondo for Monroe+Jerebko?
Boston take a promising center and Detroit find a good playmaker that dishes the ball a lot and penetrates,while Drummond destroys the glass. I'm not sure,because shooting would be a huge issue for Detroit,but maybe they can recreate that Bad Boys Pistons vibe defensevely,that led them to championships.

FriedTofuz
08-31-2014, 09:05 PM

That's a horrible trade for the Lakers. No way a top 7 pick in a draft this strong can be traded for Rondo.

Indeed

Houston.

What do they even have to offer?

Reasonably speaking, the Lakers could offer Houston's 1st + Nash's Expiring.

KnicksorBust
08-31-2014, 09:23 PM
Charlotte.

IndyRealist
08-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Don't rule out the Pacers, if Boston is willing to take back salary. I recall Boston promised Jared Sullinger they'd get him a center.

FriedTofuz
08-31-2014, 09:56 PM
A lot of the teams that need a PG, dont exactly have much to offer back for Rondo.

sharqstealth
08-31-2014, 10:19 PM
The best spot for him is with the Pelicans. With an emerging Anthony Davis expected to have a big year coming, he'll be dishing out lots of assists there. A Holiday & Rivers package would surely get it done.

mightybosstone
08-31-2014, 10:20 PM
What do they even have to offer?

Reasonably speaking, the Lakers could offer Houston's 1st + Nash's Expiring.

Personally, I do not want Rondo in Houston whatsoever. But if Morey wanted him, he could make a package that could feasibly rival a lot of other teams' packages. They have New Orleans' first round pick next year, Patrick Beverley, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, the Jeremy Lin trade exemption, Terry's expiring contract and a boatload of second rounders, in addition to the plethora of other young prospects on the roster.

DemarDerozan
08-31-2014, 10:24 PM
Pistons. I could see Rondo for Monroe/Jennings/picks. Celtics initially declined this, but they've lost a lot of leverage now that Rondo is asking to be traded.

SVG working with Rondo, Smoove, Drummond and a bunch of shooter. Would be a fun team to watch. Probably make a decent playoff run too.

Chacarron
08-31-2014, 10:25 PM
I hope the Lakers stay away from him.

bucketss
08-31-2014, 10:56 PM
The best spot for him is with the Pelicans. With an emerging Anthony Davis expected to have a big year coming, he'll be dishing out lots of assists there. A Holiday & Rivers package would surely get it done.

i would rather have holiday tbh.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2014, 11:21 PM
I think the Heat would be a great situation for all. They need someone to run an offense and make Bosh better. I think that could put them in the top 3 discussion in the east.

FriedTofuz
09-01-2014, 12:14 AM

Personally, I do not want Rondo in Houston whatsoever. But if Morey wanted him, he could make a package that could feasibly rival a lot of other teams' packages. They have New Orleans' first round pick next year, Patrick Beverley, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, the Jeremy Lin trade exemption, Terry's expiring contract and a boatload of second rounders, in addition to the plethora of other young prospects on the roster.

So pretty much all of what's left of the Rockets Depth for Rondo?
I dont even think he fits in houston, but sure.

FriedTofuz
09-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Lol at people thinking the heat can just get players now. Miami has no assets to get rondo.

Mave1002
09-01-2014, 01:43 AM

Agree. No way we give up T-Rex.

THe Cs should consider our expirings. Lin + Booze and we have a deal, otherwise, find another trading partner. Weve got nothing to lose.

cmellofan15
09-01-2014, 01:44 AM
any team willing to go out and get Rondo would be a good landing spot for him. my question is why would you? :shrug:

bucketss
09-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Agree. No way we give up T-Rex.

THe Cs should consider our expirings. Lin + Booze and we have a deal, otherwise, find another trading partner. Weve got nothing to lose.

lol you guys call him T-rex because his short arms right, tbh i don't see much upside with him.

bucketss
09-01-2014, 02:06 AM
so if heat get rondo does that mean they have 3 superstars, omg another unfair super team!

Crackadalic
09-01-2014, 02:28 AM
Who cares he sucks now and he's not going to any contender, and almost certainly not going to any playoff team.

He average 12/10/6 in 30 games after his acl injury. How does he suck now?

flea
09-01-2014, 02:55 AM

Shoots like a rich man's Ben Wallace from the guard position, hasn't shown much defense in a while, and is losing his athleticism. PG is a tough position, I don't think he's top 10 anymore. CP3, Curry, Lillard, Rose, Westbrook, Wall, Lawson, Conley, Walker, Parker, Irving, Dragic/Bledsoe, and Lowry are all easily better. I would take Holiday, Knight, Teague, Rubio, and probably Burke over him just strictly for the next two years too. I would say he's around guys like Collison and George Hill, and some of the better combo guards, at the moment.

So yeah, he's maybe the 15th best PG if you're really generous. With his attitude and virtual uselessness in a lot of systems I'd put him around 20th best PG. This is the guy demanding a trade and people are wondering where he'll go. Who gives a ****?

MTar786
09-01-2014, 04:23 AM
hornets, pelicans or pacers

smokey420
09-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Miami heat

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 12:33 PM
So pretty much all of what's left of the Rockets Depth for Rondo?
I dont even think he fits in houston, but sure.
I don't think they're a good fit, either, but if Houston wanted him badly enough, I think they have enough assets to get him. However, I don't think he's worth remotely what Ainge is going to want for him. Hell, I wouldn't trade Beverley for Rondo straight up right now.

any team willing to go out and get Rondo would be a good landing spot for him. my question is why would you? :shrug:
:nod:

FriedTofuz
09-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Those who are saying Miami Heat, Exactly what assets do they Heat have to get Rondo?
Napier + a 1st isnt going to cut it.
Other than that option, there's nothing the heat can offer/will offer.

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Because along with that 12/10/6, he shot .403/.289/.627 from the floor. Right now, Rondo is probably one of the least efficient offensive players in the entire league. Everything he does so well as a distributor is almost completely negated by how inefficient he is as a scorer. He's just an absolutely atrocious scorer and shooter, and when you couple that with the awful free throw shooting, it's just inexcusable for a point guard in today's NBA.

His 46.1% TS% last season was beyond awful and his. .054 WS/48 was well below league average. Basically, he's been an average to below average NBA player the last two seasons and he's getting paid like a top 10-12 PG. Plus, he's a major injury concern. There are very few contending teams in the league where he would make sense.

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Those who are saying Miami Heat, Exactly what assets do they Heat have to get Rondo?

Frankly, that should probably be enough to get Rondo based on his injury concerns the last three years and his level of play the last two seasons. But Ainge isn't stupid. He knows that if he trades Rondo right now, the best he'll get is pennies on the dollar. His best play is to wait until Rondo shows he can stay healthy and play like his prime self and then deal him at the trade deadline for far better value.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Shoots like a rich man's Ben Wallace from the guard position, hasn't shown much defense in a while, and is losing his athleticism. PG is a tough position, I don't think he's top 10 anymore. CP3, Curry, Lillard, Rose, Westbrook, Wall, Lawson, Conley, Walker, Parker, Irving, Dragic/Bledsoe, and Lowry are all easily better. I would take Holiday, Knight, Teague, Rubio, and probably Burke over him just strictly for the next two years too. I would say he's around guys like Collison and George Hill, and some of the better combo guards, at the moment.

So yeah, he's maybe the 15th best PG if you're really generous. With his attitude and virtual uselessness in a lot of systems I'd put him around 20th best PG. This is the guy demanding a trade and people are wondering where he'll go. Who gives a ****?

Funny. One of the first things I agree with you on. I'd say he's 12-15, and that is due to his horrible Ben Wallace like shooting. Thats bad considering he's a top 2 passer and defender for PG's. If he had a stroke he could be an mvp candidate. But thats why even though he is around 15 for PG's, he is a top 2 passer and defender at hi position so on a team with a bunch of shooters, he's a good fit, on a team that needs him to shoot, he can be a detriment. So with him, it truly is all about fit.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 12:49 PM

I was just saying that would be a great spot for him. Chalmers/Napier/1st/2nd...could that get them Rhondo? I have no clue on who can get who.

kobe4thewinbang
09-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Lin for Rondo? Gives Boston some scoring. Lin & Smart might be good together?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nn4kzb7

For Lakers, Rondo would basically become what Nash was supposed to be before the injury. Pass a lot, drive in, dish out to Kobe.

Ah, who knows? Rondo could help Celtics by saying where he'd like to resign.

Shammyguy3
09-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Nash and Rondo aren't comparable because Nash was able to space the floor for Kobe to go in the mid/high post. With Rondo, Kobe will see twice as many double teams as he'd have seen with Nash. And that goes for Nash's ability to score from anywhere on the court;

i only see Sacramento and maybe Indiana having interest. Can't see Phil/Fisher wanting Rondo in the triangle, and that's before factoring in the new contract he'd unfortunately demand. You can count the number of teams that Rondo would interest in on one hand, on a good day

da ThRONe
09-01-2014, 01:36 PM
i would rather have holiday tbh.

As a Pelicans fan I agree rather have Holiday. Not because he's a better player if both are healthy. It's that Jrue's a much better shooter and with so many ball handlers we need players that can be a threat off the ball. Rondo would basically cancel any chance that Gordon and Evans could give anything close to their max talent.

da ThRONe
09-01-2014, 01:44 PM
To answer the question I'd say the Kings. A team that's desperate to win sooner than later. Has a star in the making in Cousins has pieces to trade away.

I did this trade last night http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?874692-4-team-trade-LAL-BOS-SAC-DET

Crackadalic
09-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Because along with that 12/10/6, he shot .403/.289/.627 from the floor. Right now, Rondo is probably one of the least efficient offensive players in the entire league. Everything he does so well as a distributor is almost completely negated by how inefficient he is as a scorer. He's just an absolutely atrocious scorer and shooter, and when you couple that with the awful free throw shooting, it's just inexcusable for a point guard in today's NBA.

His 46.1% TS% last season was beyond awful and his. .054 WS/48 was well below league average. Basically, he's been an average to below average NBA player the last two seasons and he's getting paid like a top 10-12 PG. Plus, he's a major injury concern. There are very few contending teams in the league where he would make sense.

Well when a guy who isn't known for scoring comes back from a injury like that of course it would be pretty bad shooting wise.

He still had a .108 WS/48 in the 38 games he played before he injured himself and even this year he is actually rebounding better

His game now just required a team that can fit him that doesn't get hurt from his non shooting. Rondo is still one of the better jack of all trades point guards in the league. I do agree that his injury has hurt his stock a lot

Shammyguy3
09-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Well when a guy who isn't known for scoring comes back from a injury like that of course it would be pretty bad shooting wise.

He still had a .108 WS/48 in the 38 games he played before he injured himself and even this year he is actually rebounding better

His game now just required a team that can fit him that doesn't get hurt from his non shooting. Rondo is still one of the better jack of all trades point guards in the league. I do agree that his injury has hurt his stock a lot

Rondo's one of the worst jack of all trades point guards in the league. He's a terrible scorer, shooter (from everywhere). If you're a "jack of all trades" player, you don't need a PERFECT fit offense to be successful.

Also - Rondo's average at best defensively now. He's terribly overrated. The only things that Rondo is good at is passing and rebounding. That's not really being a jack of all trades.

flea
09-01-2014, 02:28 PM
How much longer does anyone think a 29 year old Rondo coming off an ACL injury is going to be able to get past defenders with his shooting? My money is not very long since you can comfortably play 3 steps off of him, go under all his screens, and help in the paint when he is off the ball.

nycericanguy
09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Last year I think NY would have gladly traded THJR and a 1st for him, but now, I wouldn't even do THJR for him.

He's not a good fit in the triangle but if NY really wants him, then we can just wait and sign him outright next summer. There's no need to give up any assets for him at this point considering he has said he will test FAgency.

Crackadalic
09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Rondo's one of the worst jack of all trades point guards in the league. He's a terrible scorer, shooter (from everywhere). If you're a "jack of all trades" player, you don't need a PERFECT fit offense to be successful.

Also - Rondo's average at best defensively now. He's terribly overrated. The only things that Rondo is good at is passing and rebounding. That's not really being a jack of all trades.

Do you even know what jack of all trades mean? A person with many skills but not overly outstanding at any

He's an above average rebounder for his position and his assist total will always hover around 8-9 assist. His only fault is his shooting.

I think you guys are putting to much emphasis on scoring and not enough on everything else he does.

I'm not saying he is a top 10 point guard but some of you guys are acting like he isn't even a starter anymore

Green_Monster
09-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Do you even know what jack of all trades mean? A person with many skills but not overly outstanding at any

He's an above average rebounder for his position and his assist total will always hover around 8-9 assist. His only fault is his shooting.

I think you guys are putting to much emphasis on scoring and not enough on everything else he does.

I'm not saying he is a top 10 point guard but some of you guys are acting like he isn't even a starter anymore

It seems like the only thing people look at and care about anymore is scoring. They don't care about defense, passing, rebounding, etc. It's laughable at best.

Shammyguy3
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Rondo doesn't have any offensive skills outside of passing though. So that right there debunks your notion immediately.

No, his only fault is not just his shooting. If it was just his shooting he'd be Derrick Rose healthy. The guy is routinely terrible offensively. There's more to offense than just shooting/passing as well.

He doesn't do anything. Who cares about a [+] rebounder at the PG position? His passing is nice, but his inability to score/shoot/be a threat anywhere on the floor playing off the ball hinders his team. Like flea just said, you can play off of him all game because he's no threat to do anything. He routinely gets torched defensively gambling for steals. He hits the boards too often often leaving a man open on the perimeter which kills the Celtics defense when the opposing team gets an offensive rebound. Etc etc.

He's a below average player that needs everything perfected around him to be effective. And this isn't even prime athletic Rondo anymore. And he's not cheap. There are 27+ teams in the league that would not want his services at this point in his career.

kobe4thewinbang
09-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Nash and Rondo aren't comparable because Nash was able to space the floor for Kobe to go in the mid/high post. With Rondo, Kobe will see twice as many double teams as he'd have seen with Nash. And that goes for Nash's ability to score from anywhere on the court;
I dunno. Rondo draws two defenders whenever he dazzles his way into the paint. Like Tony Parker, he can kick it out. If two other guys are guarding Kobe, someone is going to be wide open if not two. Rondo *can* make a shot, too.

I see him going to Indy for Hibbert. Both need a fresh start, and rumor has it Ainge promised Sullinger a center.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=llqt7c8
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2060182-jared-sullingers-dad-says-celtics-pledged-to-acquire-true-center-this-offseason

Shammyguy3
09-01-2014, 04:25 PM
I dunno. Rondo draws two defenders whenever he dazzles his way into the paint. Like Tony Parker, he can kick it out. If two other guys are guarding Kobe, someone is going to be wide open if not two. Rondo *can* make a shot, too.

I see him going to Indy for Hibbert. Both need a fresh start, and rumor has it Ainge promised Sullinger a center.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=llqt7c8
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2060182-jared-sullingers-dad-says-celtics-pledged-to-acquire-true-center-this-offseason

It's going to be far more difficult for Rondo to get in the paint in the first place now for 3 reasons: 1 his injuries 2 his normal aging and most important 3 defenders can lay off of him and go under screens.

Rondo's not a threat to score because he has difficulty creating space, difficulty making shots, and shies away from contact because he knows he can't make free throws anyway (free throw rate under 20% over the past 68 games). He's easy to defend. He needs a plethora of shooters around him that don't need the ball in their hands. He's just incredibly tough to build around.

You say Rondo can make a shot, but he really cannot. He doesn't space the floor, and if you want him jacking up 18 foot jumpers all day then you're going to lose because that's what teams like Chicago, Miami, San Antonio, Golden State, etc want you taking.

I can see Rondo going to Indy because they're sorta in need of a playmaker now, but that doesn't mean he'll succeed there nor does it mean Indy should make that move

kobe4thewinbang
09-01-2014, 04:40 PM
It's going to be far more difficult for Rondo to get in the paint in the first place now for 3 reasons: 1 his injuries 2 his normal aging and most important 3 defenders can lay off of him and go under screens.

Rondo's not a threat to score because he has difficulty creating space, difficulty making shots, and shies away from contact because he knows he can't make free throws anyway (free throw rate under 20% over the past 68 games). He's easy to defend. He needs a plethora of shooters around him that don't need the ball in their hands. He's just incredibly tough to build around.

You say Rondo can make a shot, but he really cannot. He doesn't space the floor, and if you want him jacking up 18 foot jumpers all day then you're going to lose because that's what teams like Chicago, Miami, San Antonio, Golden State, etc want you taking.

I can see Rondo going to Indy because they're sorta in need of a playmaker now, but that doesn't mean he'll succeed there nor does it mean Indy should make that moveI think you're selling him short. He's got skills. This was after his injury, and he is scoring as well as having people open: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xhw-5Txto

Lakers have a plethora of shooters (Kobe, Kelly, Young, etc) and I think he could easily pass the ball to Randle after speeding into the post. With the Pacers, I think he might have more trouble, but admittedly I don't know their roster very well. I imagine he could dish it out to David West or Luis Scola for a nice mid/long 2. Likely won't have Paul George for a while and if they joins Indy, it's likely for Hibbert so he can't pass to him.

Dade County
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Frankly, that should probably be enough to get Rondo based on his injury concerns the last three years and his level of play the last two seasons. But Ainge isn't stupid. He knows that if he trades Rondo right now, the best he'll get is pennies on the dollar. His best play is to wait until Rondo shows he can stay healthy and play like his prime self and then deal him at the trade deadline for far better value.

But Boston would even get less value, if they wait until the trade deadline.

Everyone GM knows that Rondo wants to test free agency, so they are going to low ball even harder if Ainge waits. Maybe if they trade him by the last week of December he can get some real value.

I think you're selling him short. He's got skills. This was after his injury, and he is scoring as well as having people open: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xhw-5Txto

Lakers have a plethora of shooters (Kobe, Kelly, Young, etc) and I think he could easily pass the ball to Randle after speeding into the post. With the Pacers, I think he might have more trouble, but admittedly I don't know their roster very well. I imagine he could dish it out to David West or Luis Scola for a nice mid/long 2. Likely won't have Paul George for a while and if they joins Indy, it's likely for Hibbert so he can't pass to him.

Kobe shoots the ball up, but he's not a shooter. I also think that Lin will really shine in L.A.

But I do believe that Rondo will re-sign back with the Lakers, if traded their.

kobe4thewinbang
09-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Kobe shoots the ball up, but he's not a shooter. I also think that Lin will really shine in L.A.

But I do believe that Rondo will re-sign back with the Lakers, if traded their.Yeah, I think Rondo would resign. I wonder how far away the Lakers are from contending again though. Kobe is not a catch and shoot guy, sure, but Rondo would definitely throw a slick pass his way when the game is on the line rather than Kobe having to fight off his guy or another defender first.

xxplayerxx23
09-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I think Boston would bite on
Larkin shump a pick + bargs for rondo + Wallace swap
Not sure id want to do that but I think that might entice them

deaner
09-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Last year I think NY would have gladly traded THJR and a 1st for him, but now, I wouldn't even do THJR for him.

He's not a good fit in the triangle but if NY really wants him, then we can just wait and sign him outright next summer. There's no need to give up any assets for him at this point considering he has said he will test FAgency.

Wait, did you learn that before or after the Melo deal?

deaner
09-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Personally, I see his destination as Sacramento. Perfect personality complement there.

PC
09-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Wait, did you learn that before or after the Melo deal?

What a poor comparison

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I think Boston would bite on
Larkin shump a pick + bargs for rondo + Wallace swap
Not sure id want to do that but I think that might entice them

I can see something along those lines happening. That's if Rondo still says no to the Kings. Other wise Kings probably front runners other wise.

bagwell368
09-03-2014, 10:05 PM

Rondo's poor shooting contains FT's (very unusual in a PG), 3PT's, 2 PT's. As a whole it's probably 12x more important than having 1 more OReb per game than the average or somewhat above average PG. Look at the Reb % of your average PG's - not a key part of the PG game.

Rondo's poor shooting means every shot he misses more than average that his team (a poor rebounding team) doesn't get the boards - is literally a turnover.

Rondo's poor shooting means teams can play the LAL D against him - I.E. slough off him and use 5 guys to cover 4 other players. It also means that his Coach can't have the motion offense he wants with triple threat type players - since Rondo is only a double threat.

Rondo's D was always over stated when he was good (gambling due to having KG behind him), but with average players (or below) behind him, he's exposed.

At his best in 2008-2010 he made it just to the edge of the top 5 PG's. Since then he was 12th, 14th, 14th, and about 27th last year (lets cut him a break).

Triple double machine? Yup when he's on National TV he racks them up - you know 11/10/11 lines on 9 FGA's and 5 FTA's. Funny thing is his percentage of them on National TV is much higher than local TV. Remember when Perkins was dealt? Rondo went into a 15 game funk. Celts were fighting for the #1 seed, that went out the window. He had two new teammates to integrate - Krstic and Green - that went out the window. Then he said he was sorry for pouting. Some leader. Ever since every year 15-20 games - his body is there but not much else. Given how many games he's lost to injury these past 4 years - that's pretty bad.

Now for the other dimensions:

Tubby Smith and Danny Ainge have both called Rondo - "uncoachable". A few years ago Smith claimed he never said it. But we have Ray and Doc - one making his disdain public, the other barely keeping it under wraps. After all Doc said Rondo didn't practice the way he wanted, or do what he wanted.

Then there is the braking team film equipment, and starting a pushing match with Cedric Maxwell, complaining about a photographer doing his job, getting tossed out of a playoff game and suspended for the next.

He's been in the league longer and is older than the average player - people keep cutting him a break because he's "young". But he's not. He's childish. He's not a leader, he's a loner, and not generally part of what goes on in the locker room.

He has one cosmic skill and for that he's talking about getting a 5 year $100M deal. - oh dear will he be sad to see it's all come home too roost.

Chavacano
09-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Lakers per Rocco.

bagwell368
09-04-2014, 06:07 AM
Lakers per Rocco.

I'll take Nash back, but the C's get the '15 pick that's only bottom 5 protected, and if the pick is higher than #15, C's get to trade #1's in '17 or beyond providing the difference is no more than 8 slots (bottom 5 protected). I.E. for example we trade pick #14 for #6 starting in '17 (and send back a 2nd round pick). This goes forward until we get a pair of matching numbers.

Getting say a #17 in '15 and a #13 for an #18 plus a 2nd in '19 to take back Nash is about what Rondo's is worth.