PDA

View Full Version : Kings trade Jason Terry to Rockets

mightybosstone
08-31-2014, 05:39 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 3 minutes ago
Yahoo Sources: Houston acquiring guard Jason Terry in trade. yhoo.it/1CgX1X7Source: Twitter

And people said the Rockets had a bad offseason. #Championship :win:

jaydubb
08-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Source: Twitter

And people said the Rockets had a bad offseason. #Championship :win:

Yupp this trade DEFINITELY makes the rockets contenders.. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't take the next 5 nba titles..

Bruno
08-31-2014, 05:42 PM
i like it for Houston.

mightybosstone
08-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Yupp this trade DEFINITELY makes the rockets contenders.. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't take the next 5 nba titles..

How could they not with the acquisition of Jason ****ing Terry?!?

mightybosstone
08-31-2014, 05:47 PM
In all seriousness, though, I like this little move for the Rockets. They needed a veteran guard who could come off the bench and hit threes and they got one. And since they took on his contract, they're supposedly getting two second rounders in the process for just giving up Gee and some other non-guaranteed contracts. It probably won't make a huge difference in the season one way or the other, but it's a decent little move to bolster the bench and it can't hurt to add more veterans.

sep11ie
08-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Let's hope he gets another trophy tat next week.

LTBaByyy
08-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Rockets so thirsty to get back at Mavs :laugh:

SportsFanatic10
08-31-2014, 05:55 PM
time for him to get a rockets tattoo lol

akesh99
08-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Nice move for the Rox. Hopefully Jet hasn't regressed too much. The added picks are a nice bonus on top of it all

flea
08-31-2014, 05:57 PM
A day late and a dollar short on Terry, but I guess he very likely will be better than Canaan/Smith. The only reason I'd say I'm less optimistic about it is that they gave up Gee - who I thought was going to be in an ideal role for him as a backup 3 and 4 on a team that moves uptempo.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-31-2014, 06:07 PM
Rockets still not even close to being title contenders. Perhaps they should look into trading for Rondo and/or Josh Smith.

Ariza's Better
08-31-2014, 06:14 PM
I don't see him sticking around long, he could teach daniels and Canaan a thing or two which would be nice. What's more interesting is DM is stockpiling picks again.

ThuglifeJ
08-31-2014, 06:21 PM
Lol Jason Terry.

Rox that petty towards mavs about Parsons still?..too bad Terry blows now will probably hurt more than help with no D and ball stopping.

Sadds The Gr8
08-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Isn't he washed up now?

Corey
08-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Terry sucks, but he's a player that needs a fire lit to perform well, and being on a contender will do that for him hopefully. At the very least, he's a savvy veteran to have around a locker room that a lot of people perceive as questionable.

lamzoka
08-31-2014, 06:44 PM
No Melo, No Bosh, Parson left. But dont worry Rockets fans Jason "The Jet" Terry is on the way.

GiantsSwaGG
08-31-2014, 06:48 PM
The Rockets should of signed Mike James, but then again the don't have the cap space to afford him

ThuglifeJ
08-31-2014, 06:50 PM
No Melo, No Bosh, Parson left. But dont worry Rockets fans Jason "The Jet" Terry is on the way.

Well they still got good bench pieces they kept in Lin and Asik

O wait...

#moreyball

DemarDerozan
08-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Terry sucks, but he's a player that needs a fire lit to perform well, and being on a contender will do that for him hopefully. At the very least, he's a savvy veteran to have around a locker room that a lot of people perceive as questionable.

A lottery contender?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2014, 07:13 PM
So Kings get unguaranteed contracts? So is this something before a bigger move for the Kings? Didn't the Kings just have another tiny trade a while back clearing up a little cap? Maybe they will eventually get Josh Smith?

DemarDerozan
08-31-2014, 07:14 PM
The Rockets are being more overhyped than CLE.
Dwight is past his prime. Harden is selfish. Ariza is okay, but not a good third option. Now they have the ghost of Jason Terry? They better hope Terrence Jones ups his game to an all-star level otherwise they don't make the playoffs. I'm not hating on this team... They just don't have a lot of talent and the west is stacked.

Terry could have easily retired or been waved with no one noticing.

DemarDerozan
08-31-2014, 07:16 PM
So Kings get unguaranteed contracts? So is this something before a bigger move for the Kings? Didn't the Kings just have another tiny trade a while back clearing up a little cap? Maybe they will eventually get Josh Smith?

Smith + pick for Stauskis/Thompson/filler seems fare.

Corey
08-31-2014, 07:21 PM
A lottery contender?

Funny.

I dont really care for Dwight or Harden, but Houston is still a contender. Say what you want about how they handled this offseason, but Ariza and Parsons were comparable last season, edge Ariza. They gave away Lin and Asik, but their production can be replaced. Beverly with another year of experience, surrounding Harden with three plus defenders, another year of development for Jones, Canaan looks like he's ready to contribute -- same with Motiejunas.

I dunno, I think they're still a top team if they play to potential.

Beverly - Terry/Canaan
Harden - Daniels/Terry
Ariza - Garcia - Gee
Jones - Adrien - Dorsey
Howard - Motiejunas

Lots of strong defenders, players with distinct roles/skills. If they fit together it could be a really good team.

ThuglifeJ
08-31-2014, 07:25 PM

A lottery contender?

Burn.

Vinylman
08-31-2014, 07:26 PM
How is his knee?

Seems like a lot to pay a guy who will be 37 when the season starts...

JLynn943
08-31-2014, 07:46 PM
I was content letting him rot on our bench and freeing up the money in the off-season, but getting non-guaranteed contracts works for me. Can't stand the guy. Glad he's not a King anymore.

tr3ymill3r
08-31-2014, 08:09 PM
trade made strictly to move picks

Cracka2HI!
08-31-2014, 08:12 PM
This is a better trade than the Clippers trade last week.

MrfadeawayJB
08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
All he needs to do is hit some shots to get pt

rockets-fan
08-31-2014, 09:07 PM
I think the bigger move is getting the 2 second round picks for morey not Terry...

I get people being ill willed towards the rockets and all with two controversial stars and the "don't talk bad about the rockets" rules, but come on guys. Are we really that immature?

Let's look at the offseason for the Rockets as a neutral point for just a second.

You can't say they got worse by missing out on Melo bosh or Lebron, cause they didn't had them to begin with, so that should stop.

Let's look at the Gains and losses for them:

Lost:

Parsons- huge loss, will be felt in Houston for a while. Good playmaker and good shooter. Fan favorite and losing him alone automatically drops the talent on the team.

However, he is not a superstar, allstar? Yes maybe, but not in Houston. He had reached his peak in Houston. He was not going to get any better playing as a third option so why is this loss being treated as if lebron was just lost? In Dallas he can actually play up to his potential, Houston doesn't lose as much as it seems to have lost, because Parsons was not going to improve here.

Lin- I can't believe people are viewing this as a loss. I HATED him when he was in the court. Made stupid turnovers...he did have his flashes tho which were exciting to watch but he is not a huge loss.

Asik- would be a huge loss, if he was playing more than 15 mpg! He rarely played here because of "injuries". He's a very wey good player but he won't be missed, because he didn't impact the team as much as he could have last year.

Gained:

Ariza- best thing about this picked is defense. The rockets badly needed it. One on one is he a better player than parsons? No way in hell IMO, but he is a good fit for this team. Great fit actually.

Terry- just a locker room addition who brought two draft picks with him, plain and simple.

Rookies- Johnson and Cannan look like they can make some noise here for the Rockets, they will easily cover what Lin did.

In all, I think the losses were replaced rather well. Parsons with Ariza and Lin with Cannan and Johnson.

The ony production we need to replace is Asik, but then again it's only 15 minutes of production.

The Rockets will be better than most of you think this year, just like last year y'all thought they would be a 6-8 seed at the most

I hope Parsons excels in Dallas and lives up to that max contract because he was my favorite player here, I just don't see him worth 7-10 games as many of y'all are predicting.

kdspurman
08-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Well, i think with his personality, he should fit right in there. Not sure what he can contribute at this point, but nothing wrong with adding an older guy for the locker room.

True Sports Fan
08-31-2014, 09:17 PM
/League

Mr.B
09-01-2014, 12:34 AM
I think the bigger move is getting the 2 second round picks for morey not Terry...

I get people being ill willed towards the rockets and all with two controversial stars and the "don't talk bad about the rockets" rules, but come on guys. Are we really that immature?

Let's look at the offseason for the Rockets as a neutral point for just a second.

You can't say they got worse by missing out on Melo bosh or Lebron, cause they didn't had them to begin with, so that should stop.

Let's look at the Gains and losses for them:

Lost:

Parsons- huge loss, will be felt in Houston for a while. Good playmaker and good shooter. Fan favorite and losing him alone automatically drops the talent on the team.

However, he is not a superstar, allstar? Yes maybe, but not in Houston. He had reached his peak in Houston. He was not going to get any better playing as a third option so why is this loss being treated as if lebron was just lost? In Dallas he can actually play up to his potential, Houston doesn't lose as much as it seems to have lost, because Parsons was not going to improve here.

Lin- I can't believe people are viewing this as a loss. I HATED him when he was in the court. Made stupid turnovers...he did have his flashes tho which were exciting to watch but he is not a huge loss.

Asik- would be a huge loss, if he was playing more than 15 mpg! He rarely played here because of "injuries". He's a very wey good player but he won't be missed, because he didn't impact the team as much as he could have last year.

Gained:

Ariza- best thing about this picked is defense. The rockets badly needed it. One on one is he a better player than parsons? No way in hell IMO, but he is a good fit for this team. Great fit actually.

Terry- just a locker room addition who brought two draft picks with him, plain and simple.

Rookies- Johnson and Cannan look like they can make some noise here for the Rockets, they will easily cover what Lin did.

In all, I think the losses were replaced rather well. Parsons with Ariza and Lin with Cannan and Johnson.

The ony production we need to replace is Asik, but then again it's only 15 minutes of production.

The Rockets will be better than most of you think this year, just like last year y'all thought they would be a 6-8 seed at the most

I hope Parsons excels in Dallas and lives up to that max contract because he was my favorite player here, I just don't see him worth 7-10 games as many of y'all are predicting.
For what its worth, coming from a Mavs fan I still think the Mavs and Rockets will be battling each for the 4th seed. All four head to head matchups during the regular season will be in the Rockets favor as the Mavs will be on the second night of a back to back in all four games they play against the Rockets. Of course that has no barring on a playoff matchup (other than home court possibly) but I think the rivalry that is starting to gain steam between these two teams.

Saddletramp
09-01-2014, 02:40 AM
It's funny, I grew up a Mavs fan in Dallas and switched to a Rockets fan a few years after I moved down here in part because of Jason Terry.

Bleh.

arlubas
09-01-2014, 04:43 AM
He's done in my eyes. Yeah he will give you some offense on some nights but nothing every other offensively talented 2-guard can't do. He was one heck of a spark plug off the bench during his prime though, no denying that.

Verbal Christ
09-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Im not sure what was worse, trading for Derek Fisher or trading for Jason Terry. Both of those guys are despised by fans in these parts. Morey now has an expiring to work with PLUS 2 second round picks. His track record in the 2nd round speaks for itself so Im confident that this signing was just a piece to something more substantial even to the point that I don't think Terry ever suits up for the Rockets.

kobe4thewinbang
09-01-2014, 12:44 PM
In all seriousness, though, I like this little move for the Rockets. They needed a veteran guard who could come off the bench and hit threes and they got one. And since they took on his contract, they're supposedly getting two second rounders in the process for just giving up Gee and some other non-guaranteed contracts. It probably won't make a huge difference in the season one way or the other, but it's a decent little move to bolster the bench and it can't hurt to add more veterans.Trouble is that Terry has been crap since being traded to Boston.

mightybosstone
09-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Trouble is that Terry has been crap since being traded to Boston.

I don't think this deal was all about Terry, though. The Rockets essentially just added two second round picks (one of them being a very high one) and a large expiring contract. Sure, Terry could revert to his Dallas days and become a solid sixth man for them. But more than anything, I think Morey just added a ton of trade assets for essentially nothing.

I hope Terry plays well and can be a a legitimate rotational player for the Rockets this season. But there's a very real possibility that this move was made with another, far bigger trade in mind and that Terry plays little to no games in a Rockets uniform.