PDA

View Full Version : Rondo asked to be traded

WaDe03
08-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Rajon Rondo has asked the Celtics to trade him and has also told the kings if he is traded to Sacramento he will not resign.

Where do you think he lands and for who?

jaydubb
08-31-2014, 12:52 PM
****.. Now Rocco is gonna start making "rondo to LA" threads.. :down:

Confusious
08-31-2014, 12:54 PM
I hope he rots in Boston. It was his destiny.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2014, 12:55 PM
I thought Rondo not re-signing with Kings was before the Kings traded for Rondo's friend Rudy Gay? Also Josh Smith is friends with Rondo. Reason why Kings mild interests in Josh Smith as well. Even though bad contract, Pistons probably be happy to dump Smith fast pennies on the dollar.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-31-2014, 01:15 PM
I thought Rondo not re-signing with Kings was before the Kings traded for Rondo's friend Rudy Gay? Also Josh Smith is friends with Rondo. Reason why Kings mild interests in Josh Smith as well. Even though bad contract, Pistons probably be happy to dump Smith fast pennies on the dollar.

I don't think he's friends with Gay, but I could see him re-signing with Sacto if they had Smith there.

Dade County
08-31-2014, 01:16 PM
I think Rondo needs to prove that he is still the same player, before anyone tries to trade for him.

True Sports Fan
08-31-2014, 01:31 PM

If any of the rumors had any weight to them, Kings were offering expirings and Jason Thompson for Smoove but they turned it down

beasted86
08-31-2014, 01:38 PM
I can't say there is one team in the league that is a good fit for Rondo.

They either don't have enough shooters or they have a PG that's already better than Rondo.

Mr.B
08-31-2014, 01:45 PM
He'll end up in Dallas

beasted86
08-31-2014, 01:56 PM
He'll end up in Dallas

I think he'll make Ellis regress badly. He's terrible when he's forced to shoot 3s.

Mr.B
08-31-2014, 02:00 PM
I think he'll make Ellis regress badly. He's terrible when he's forced to shoot 3s.
Yea I don't really think he'll end up in Dallas I just wanted to get a rise out of people. And you're right his inability to hit open 3's is why he won't end up in Dallas.

THE MTL
08-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Finally! Who are the Celtics trying to kid. Drafting Marcus Smart who is the same type of pg that rondo is. Knowing the Cs they will trade rondo for like 3 draft picks. Celtics are full time draft pick whores lol

Jarvo
08-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Knicks?
Bucks with Parker
Lakers
I dont know who The Pacers have to offer but hey try and see

Ty Fast
08-31-2014, 02:34 PM
lakers for randall and nash

Iron24th
08-31-2014, 02:44 PM
lakers for randall and nash

Never

IversonIsKrazy
08-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Pacers? Knicks? Mavs? Kings? Not too sure abt this one

colinskik
08-31-2014, 03:06 PM
i wonder what Ainge really wants for him. he has to temper his expectations cause it doesn't seem there are a lot of realistic options out there.

bucketss
08-31-2014, 03:06 PM
LMAO all the Celtic players leaving, and ray allen was the disloyal one?

xxplayerxx23
08-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Knicks?
Bucks with Parker
Lakers
I dont know who The Pacers have to offer but hey try and see

Bucks? I think you mean to play with Parker right?

bucketss
08-31-2014, 03:09 PM
okc? move westbrook to sg.

FlashBolt
08-31-2014, 03:17 PM

We won't even have the cap space unless we get rid of Perkins.. and we know that isn't going to happen. OKC will be able to get a legitimate center next season when we get this fat piece of blubber out of the way. He's the reason we don't have a damn ring yet..

FraziersKnicks
I actually think the Knicks would be a good fit for him. Maybe Shump and Stoudemire's expiring contract for Rondo and Gerald Wallace. The C's get an athletic, young wing who Danny Ainge has apparently always liked and shed Wallace's contract whilst getting $23m coming off the books when STAT expires. The Knicks get an All-Star calibre PG to run the triangle and play alongside Melo.

The C's can't expect a huge haul for him considering he's expiring and has come off some injury plagued seasons.

smith&wesson
if he is watching Gay, and Cousins on team USA, he may want to retract that statement made to the kings and just sign there... where else is he gonna go, Detroit maybe ? I see those as his two most probable options.

rondo and kobe would be good too ?

kobe4thewinbang
08-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Source? He didn't want to resign with Kings earlier, either.
His trade value is at its lowest ever due to the injury. Ainge should wait.

Bruno
08-31-2014, 03:40 PM
LMAO all the Celtic players leaving, and ray allen was the disloyal one?
uh yeah, he's the one who broke up the core. different circumstances when Pierce and KG left and absolutely different circumstances today with rondo.

you think OKC is going to pay for Rondo when they weren't willing to give James Harden the additional five million he wanted in 2012? Presti has shown he won't go into the luxury.

kobe4thewinbang
08-31-2014, 03:57 PM
uh yeah, he's the one who broke up the core. different circumstances when Pierce and KG left and absolutely different circumstances today with rondo.

you think OKC is going to pay for Rondo when they weren't willing to give James Harden the additional five million he wanted in 2012? Presti has shown he won't go into the luxury.LOL @ Rondo passing to the black hole known as Russell Westbrook in the first place. Westbrook + Rondo would be worse than Dragic + Bledsoe because Rondo can't shoot and frankly neither can Westbrook most of the time.

Maybe a Bledsoe for Rondo swap?

SportsFanatic10
08-31-2014, 03:58 PM

meh...sure different circumstances, but i don't think allen can be blamed for leaving. the celtics had him in trade talks and were going to push him to the bench behind bradley. also rivers wasn't using him the way he wanted to be used. and he never got traded or demanded a trade, he left as a free agent.

lamzoka
08-31-2014, 04:01 PM

you think OKC is going to pay for Rondo when they weren't willing to give James Harden the additional five million he wanted in 2012? Presti has shown he won't go into the luxury.

He needs to reconsider this, and show KD he will do whatever it takes to get him a ring before he walks in 2016

Bruno
08-31-2014, 04:14 PM
meh...sure different circumstances, but i don't think allen can be blamed for leaving. the celtics had him in trade talks and were going to push him to the bench behind bradley. also rivers wasn't using him the way he wanted to be used. and he never got traded or demanded a trade, he left as a free agent.

he went to the team that the Celtics pushed to seven just weeks before. for a core that had won a championship together and come together for a common goal, it was a knife in the back.

but yeah, it was within his right. same thing with Pau.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
Buck old owner would of jump on this even if Rondo wouldn't stay. Was the same old owner that agreed on Ray Allen for washed up Gary Payton and Desmond Mason. But our new owners said its a 3-5 year rebuild plan. Bucks were rumored a while back interested in Bledsoe. But with summer league over with. Kidd probably start 6'11" Giannis at pg.

Cause Kidd wants Knight at sg and Ersan at pf. So that leaves Parker at sf and back up pf and Sanders at center then Giannis playing pg first and back up minutes sg/sf. I don't see the Bucks trading for Rondo at all. I could be wrong but don't see the fit. Also doubt we part with any young assets. Maybe part with the 2017 Clippers pick. But were not gonna break the bank. Rather the Bucks tank one more time and get Mudiay.

Bruno
He needs to reconsider this, and show KD he will do whatever it takes to get him a ring before he walks in 2016
he's late.

Bruno
08-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Buck old owner would of jump on this even if Rondo wouldn't stay. Was the same old owner that agreed on Ray Allen for washed up Gary Payton and Desmond Mason. But our new owners said its a 3-5 year rebuild plan. Bucks were rumored a while back interested in Bledsoe. But with summer league over with. Kidd probably start 6'11" Giannis at pg.

Cause Kidd wants Knight at sg and Ersan at pf. So that leaves Parker at sf and back up pf and Sanders at center then Giannis playing pg first and back up minutes sg/sf. I don't see the Bucks trading for Rondo at all. I could be wrong but don't see the fit. Also doubt we part with any young assets. Maybe part with the 2017 Clippers pick. But were not gonna break the bank. Rather the Bucks tank one more time and get Mudiay.
god bless the bucks. love them.

SportsFanatic10
08-31-2014, 04:21 PM
he went to the team that the Celtics pushed to seven just weeks before. for a core that had won a championship together and come together for a common goal, it was a knife in the back.

but yeah, it was within his right. same thing with Pau.

true but i don't think the team he chooses to sign with matters, just the fact that he left. him and rondo didn't like eachother as well, so rondo was also part of the reason ray left.

SportsFanatic10
08-31-2014, 04:22 PM
he's late.

yep, okc needs to step up for durant and soon. they've always had a good team around him, but they've mismanaged it at times and don't seem to add to it ever when the chances are there.

Jarvo
08-31-2014, 05:46 PM
Bucks? I think you mean to play with Parker right?

Yep.

TheTreys
08-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Maybe Rondo to Indiana if it's a 3 way trade

Pelicans: get Marcus Thornton, Gerald Wallace & C.J.Watson
Celtics: get Eric Gordon, Roy Hibbert, Chris Copeland, & a 1st(IND)
Pacers: get Rajon Rondo, Tyler Zeller, Keith Bogans, & Jimmer Fredette

SportsFanatic10
08-31-2014, 05:52 PM
i think rondo to the knicks makes alot of sense. it's time melo got some legit help there and they already have plenty of shooters so his lack of 3pt shooting won't hurt them too badly, and with him running the offense and playing solid defense it'd be good imo...i don't know what they could trade though. maybe amare's expiring and some sort of combination of picks/players could work? i'm just spitballing here, i don't know if it could make sense for boston but i think it would for new york. although i guess he's not exactly ideal for the triangle offense...

celtics 34
08-31-2014, 06:04 PM

Would rather keep Zeller than hibbert

TheNumber37
08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Bledsoe sign and trade

Corey
08-31-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't think he's friends with Gay, but I could see him re-signing with Sacto if they had Smith there.

He's good friends with Gay, and he's tried to lure him to Boston multiple times. Gay always shows for Rondo's charity games too. Gay and Smith are two of Rondo's close NBA friends along with Perk.

bleedprple&gold
08-31-2014, 06:49 PM

Giannis at PG? WTF?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2014, 07:10 PM

Pelicans get robbed badly.

FriedTofuz
08-31-2014, 08:51 PM
Lol he's going to the knicks for sure, Shumpert + a 1st in 2017

FriedTofuz
08-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Athletes need to be more professional than this. just because your team is rebuilding doesn't mean you can demand to be traded. Your job is a professional NBA player, act like one.

bleedprple&gold
09-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Athletes need to be more professional than this. just because your team is rebuilding doesn't mean you can demand to be traded. Your job is a professional NBA player, act like one.

It wasn't a demand. I think it's more professional what he's doing. He's going to be a free agent and leave anyway so he's letting the team know so they can get something for him. Absolutely zero problem with this. Was CP3 unprofessional? Was Howard unprofessional? Was Melo unprofessional? Was Love unprofessional? There's a reason it's called FREE agency because you are FREE to choose to go elsewhere. It's more unprofessional to do what Lebron did and just leave with no warning.

FlashBolt
09-01-2014, 12:53 AM
It wasn't a demand. I think it's more professional what he's doing. He's going to be a free agent and leave anyway so he's letting the team know so they can get something for him. Absolutely zero problem with this. Was CP3 unprofessional? Was Howard unprofessional? Was Melo unprofessional? Was Love unprofessional? There's a reason it's called FREE agency because you are FREE to choose to go elsewhere. It's more unprofessional to do what Lebron did and just leave with no warning.

Why should he leave a warning? Do franchises leave a warning and tell you they are shipping you out? LeBron owed nothing to that franchise. As you said, FREE agency, they are FREE to choose to go elsewhere. So why abandon this logic because you hate a certain player? Actually, Melo was unprofessional because he literally forced his way out. Love did the right thing by Wolves standards but he's not obligated to do any of that. He plays his contract and it's the franchise's job to get the proper help for their franchise player.

Trading PG's is always a tricky situation in the current league. There are just way too many good PG's out there to justify trading for Rondo.

KG2TB
09-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Does anyone actually think if LeBron told Cleveland he was going to leave that they would have traded him? You don't trade the best player in the league. Especially since they had the best record in the league at that time and LeBron being a home town (Akron, Cleveland, whatever) player.

bleedprple&gold
09-01-2014, 03:29 AM

Why should he leave a warning? Do franchises leave a warning and tell you they are shipping you out? LeBron owed nothing to that franchise. As you said, FREE agency, they are FREE to choose to go elsewhere. So why abandon this logic because you hate a certain player? Actually, Melo was unprofessional because he literally forced his way out. Love did the right thing by Wolves standards but he's not obligated to do any of that. He plays his contract and it's the franchise's job to get the proper help for their franchise player.

Trading PG's is always a tricky situation in the current league. There are just way too many good PG's out there to justify trading for Rondo.

Your right he didn't have to leave a warning and he doesn't owe it to the franchise to leave a warning but I was just saying it's MORE professional to tell the team your leaving ahead of time instead of just leaving. And who said anything about hating a player? I don't hate any of the players in that list except maybe Howard because of the very reason we have been talking about, he left the Lakers and we got nothing for him. Also I really don't see any difference between how Melo and Love handled their respective situations. Both asked to be traded to specific destinations and both got their wish.

bleedprple&gold
09-01-2014, 03:30 AM
Does anyone actually think if LeBron told Cleveland he was going to leave that they would have traded him? You don't trade the best player in the league. Especially since they had the best record in the league at that time and LeBron being a home town (Akron, Cleveland, whatever) player.

Yes if they know he's leaving for sure why would they not try to get back something for him instead of nothing?

seikou8
09-01-2014, 04:25 AM
he is knicksbound just wait on it

Sactown
09-01-2014, 04:39 AM

He didn't demand to be traded he said he won't resign... And why would he, he's been rumored in trades for like 3-4 years, and with Danny Aigne slinging players faster than Ryan Gossling slings dick I would try to move away too.

arlubas
09-01-2014, 04:49 AM
I think Rondo needs to prove that he is still the same player, before anyone tries to trade for him.
While I agree with you to the fullest I'm sure there are GMs out there that would definitely roll the dice on him based on his previous accomplishments alone so he does have a point in coming out public with this.

marj987
09-01-2014, 05:49 AM
Sign and trade Bledsoe to Celtics Rondo to Suns

smokey420
09-01-2014, 06:25 AM
boston with a BIG L

bucc4life
09-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Would love Rondo on my Wolves.. Ship Rubio right outta here :D

quade36
09-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Shocking, class act as always. He is probably going to whoever will pay him the most and still has potential to be a winning team

todu82
09-01-2014, 10:49 AM
No surprise to see this, really. Think he'll end up with the Knicks or Suns.

bleedprple&gold
09-01-2014, 11:56 AM
While I agree with you to the fullest I'm sure there are GMs out there that would definitely roll the dice on him based on his previous accomplishments alone so he does have a point in coming out public with this.

I agree. Also the fact that he's a question mark means that teams don't have to give up as much for him as they would if they know he's fully healthy.

KG2TB
09-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Yes if they know he's leaving for sure why would they not try to get back something for him instead of nothing?

Because you try to talk him out of it and there would only be a limited amount of teams he would go to. Probably only Miami. Whatever team they traded him to wouldn't get his guarantee he would re-sign. You hope that he changes his mind and doesn't leave and sell him on the fact that they had the best record in the league and he's an icon in Cleveland and whatever else you have to do. If I were a GM, there would be no way I traded LeBron, especially if there were only 1 or 2 teams he wanted to go to. Miami wouldn't trade Wade and really, Bron never wanted to be traded in the first place. Bron and Bosh going to Miami was mapped out for who knows how long.