PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves owner taking shots at Kevin Love.

Longhornfan1234
08-27-2014, 10:59 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11415027&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

He basically said Kevin Love's will be exposed on the Cavs. He also said Love be the 3rd option.

MonroeFAN
08-27-2014, 11:03 AM
He will be the 3rd option, and the Timberwolves have sucked forever.

With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him not be as impressive as advertised.

MonroeFAN
08-27-2014, 11:10 AM
On second thought, what an ungrateful piece of crap. The roster was a mess through out his time in Minne. The coaching had been hilariously bad, and they just landed 2 back to back first round picks BECAUSE OF HIM.

The owner should be giving him a HJ.

Clippersfan86
08-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Sounds bitter. I agree with injury prone and possibly 3rd option depending on how Blatt runs things. That doesn't mean Love won't be the 2nd best player though or a dominant player.

JustinTime
08-27-2014, 12:29 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11415027&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

He basically said Kevin Love's will be exposed on the Cavs. He also said Love be the 3rd option.

But he's speaking the truth. Love will get exposed and he is the third option.

2-ONE-5
08-27-2014, 12:42 PM
do you think Love really cares if ehs the 3rd option if he is palying for a ring while on a max deal?

KINGOFSPORTS
08-27-2014, 12:46 PM
These are the EXACT points i've been making in all the Wiggins trade threads.

I feel the title of this thread is misleading. I don't think h's taking shots, he's just telling the truth and probably told it directly to Kevin before the trade.

The Cavs have a HUGE chance of being a trainwreck. K Love isn't durable enough to make a 3+ year run to the Finals and his inability to play defense is a much bigger issue than anyone wants to admit.

Yes it's true that his offensive style and position compliments LeBron - but the other drawbacks outweigh the positive IMO.

The fact that the Cavs are going into this situation with a European coach who has NO experience dealing with people like Lebron could be an unmitigated disaster. If LeBron and Blatt disagree on something - who's going to win out? My guess is that Blatt is going to be stubborn as crap and likely end up in fights with LeBron.

The Cavs shouldn't have traded Wiggins. Wiggins was teh PERFECT compliment to LeBron because LeBron could have mentored him and developed him the right way. Wiggins could have then carried LeBron through his later years in the NBA.

Everyone overlooks Wiggins' greatest asset and thats his Defense! With Wiggins on the team, he would be guarding the other teams' best player NOT lebron. With LEbron and Kyrie doing most of the scoring - Wiggins would have been free to get open looks and develop that part of his game.

The Cavs have shown why they are one of the worst franchises in professional sports over and over and this is just another example.

The NBA RIGGED 3 of the last 5 drafts so that they get the #1 pick and they STILL find a way to mess it up.

Im still open to being proven wrong on all of this - it's just interesting to me that the Twolves owner feels the same way and knows KLove's game as good as anyone

The Twolves are in a great position going forward.

nickdymez
08-27-2014, 12:47 PM
On second thought, what an ungrateful piece of crap. The roster was a mess through out his time in Minne. The coaching had been hilariously bad, and they just landed 2 back to back first round picks BECAUSE OF HIM.

The owner should be giving him a HJ.
Lol. This

Hawkeye15
08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Taylor, you are one of the biggest reasons your own team sucks. Stop sounding bitter. You hired David Kahn, you signed off on that stupid deal, and your hires are the reason Love is leaving.

Love's reaction is awesome. A 25 year old showing more maturity than a 70 year old owner.

ManRam
08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Sour grapes.

Dude's gotta realize that saying this junk isn't gonna help him down the road one bit. Not a smart move.

beasted86
08-27-2014, 01:28 PM
do you think Love really cares if ehs the 3rd option if he is palying for a ring while on a max deal?

Exactly.

Love is set either way. He was losing miserably every year. The only place to go is up from here. Even if by some unknown stroke of bad luck the Cavs are equally terrible, he's no worse off.

KnicksFan4Years
08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Sounds bitter. I agree with injury prone and possibly 3rd option depending on how Blatt runs things. That doesn't mean Love won't be the 2nd best player though or a dominant player.

I don't agree with the owner being bitter. These are all criticisms everyone and their mother (Except LeBron's mom who might decide to date him) has had about Love. Nothing earth shattering or excessive about his comments.

Frankly they come across as very parent-like. Taylor is the Dad, Love was rebellious and now he is telling him how it's going to be on his own. I don't know how many of you actually watched Kevin Love over the past few seasons, but he has super inflated stats by playing a selfish (non-team oriented brand of basketball).

I am one that believes the Cavs made a mistake with this trade. If LeBron had signed for 4 years or something, maybe, but they only have two years of LeBron (with an opt out after 1 year) and then nada. That's a big gamble to take and trade away two #1 overall picks for a player that can also opt out at the end of the year. #CrazyinCleveland.

LeBron=LeBron
Bosh>Love
Wade>Kyrie
Supporting Miami Cast>Cleveland supporting cast (slightly)

I don't see this vast powerhouse that was created that everyone keeps talking about.

I see not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4... but many early exits in the playoffs for this bunch. Too many defensive problems to overcome and too injury prone.

Miami was always at their best with Wade and LeBron getting after it on defense and then playing the two man game in transition. Wiggins could have done that with ease.

I predict (health aside) Miami will finish with a better record than Cleveland.

Ty22Mitchell
08-27-2014, 01:35 PM
I understand there are Kevin Love haters out there, but as a 2nd or third option he should be dominating. I think this trade is similar to the trade the Lakers made for Pau Gasol. Pre-Lakers Pau and Prime Kevin both face similar questions about their toughness and ability to lead a team. Just like Pau, I expect Kevin to to be a great second banana on a championship team.

theheatles
08-27-2014, 01:41 PM
You can't coach length. Love is going to get exposed because he didn't give defensive effort for many reasons and the primary reason was to not hurt his PER by avoiding fouls. This cavs team is composed of advanced metric masterbaters and they will absolutely be exposed.

likemystylez
08-27-2014, 02:58 PM
But he's speaking the truth. Love will get exposed and he is the third option.

well if he has 2 players on his team who are better options- its unlikely that love will be exposed. he was 26 and 12 with other teams only focused on stopping him.... not sure how it would be harder to be a 3rd option.

likemystylez
08-27-2014, 02:59 PM
You can't coach length. Love is going to get exposed because he didn't give defensive effort for many reasons and the primary reason was to not hurt his PER by avoiding fouls. This cavs team is composed of advanced metric masterbaters and they will absolutely be exposed.

LOL if you think Loves lack of defensive ability could be any MORE exposed- im not sure you follow pro basketball

WSU Tony
08-27-2014, 03:43 PM

The owner of a recently traded superstar will always sound bitter. Especially with the title of this thread. Funny, though, that you call the owner bitter but agree with his two main points....

Taylor, you are one of the biggest reasons your own team sucks. Stop sounding bitter. You hired David Kahn, you signed off on that stupid deal, and your hires are the reason Love is leaving.

Love's reaction is awesome. A 25 year old showing more maturity than a 70 year old owner.

You can put a microphone in front of a 13 year old and they can sound mature for a sentence or two. Watching Love flail his arms and get into the refs face after almost every call (or no call) shows me Loves maturity. Besides, he's supposed to shoot back at Taylor in his first week in Cleveland? Love will be on his best behavior until he signs the max next year. That's the time you'll see the real Love personality.

ghettosean
08-27-2014, 04:08 PM

I feel the title of this thread is misleading. I don't think h's taking shots, he's just telling the truth and probably told it directly to Kevin before the trade.

The Cavs have a HUGE chance of being a trainwreck. K Love isn't durable enough to make a 3+ year run to the Finals and his inability to play defense is a much bigger issue than anyone wants to admit.

Yes it's true that his offensive style and position compliments LeBron - but the other drawbacks outweigh the positive IMO.

The fact that the Cavs are going into this situation with a European coach who has NO experience dealing with people like Lebron could be an unmitigated disaster. If LeBron and Blatt disagree on something - who's going to win out? My guess is that Blatt is going to be stubborn as crap and likely end up in fights with LeBron.

The Cavs shouldn't have traded Wiggins. Wiggins was teh PERFECT compliment to LeBron because LeBron could have mentored him and developed him the right way. Wiggins could have then carried LeBron through his later years in the NBA.

Everyone overlooks Wiggins' greatest asset and thats his Defense! With Wiggins on the team, he would be guarding the other teams' best player NOT lebron. With LEbron and Kyrie doing most of the scoring - Wiggins would have been free to get open looks and develop that part of his game.

The Cavs have shown why they are one of the worst franchises in professional sports over and over and this is just another example.

The NBA RIGGED 3 of the last 5 drafts so that they get the #1 pick and they STILL find a way to mess it up.

Im still open to being proven wrong on all of this - it's just interesting to me that the Twolves owner feels the same way and knows KLove's game as good as anyone

I with this...

Wiggins was too much to give up never mind Bennett and a 1st rounder just too much and this could also blow up in there face but they really didn't have a choice since Lebron is calling all the shots... If they wanted to keep him they had no choice but I agree that Wiggins would have been a great compliment to Lebron...

We'll have to see how this all plays out.

TheIlladelph16
08-27-2014, 04:41 PM

I can't believe there are still people who believe the draft is actually rigged at this point. The drawings are literally done in front of representatives from every single team and are broadcast online for anyone to watch if they would like. I can't take a single thing that a conspiracy nut has to say seriously if that's what you truly believe. There are so many overwhelming reasons why the could not and would not be rigged, most of all the insane public backlash and potential loss of billions of dollars, that I'll never understand the thought process people have with this.

T-Wolves owner should be thanking Love for being basically the only player worth watching on that dumpster fire of a roster and management team and also for bringing back the best prospect since Lebron James walked on the NBA floor (and then some). Some people never grow up it seems.

KINGOFSPORTS
08-27-2014, 05:10 PM
I can't believe there are still people who believe the draft is actually rigged at this point. The drawings are literally done in front of representatives from every single team and are broadcast online for anyone to watch if they would like. I can't take a single thing that a conspiracy nut has to say seriously if that's what you truly believe. There are so many overwhelming reasons why the could not and would not be rigged, most of all the insane public backlash and potential loss of billions of dollars, that I'll never understand the thought process people have with this.

T-Wolves owner should be thanking Love for being basically the only player worth watching on that dumpster fire of a roster and management team and also for bringing back the best prospect since Lebron James walked on the NBA floor (and then some). Some people never grow up it seems.

Give me a link to that broadcast please because I don't know of such a thing.

Thanks -King

p.s. If someone can give me the odds of the Cavs getting the #1 pick 3 of 5 years (once with the 9th best chance) then that would be nice. I believe the odds are almost statistically impossible to be left to chance.

Found it

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/cleveland-cavaliers-draft-lottery-odds

"It got us wondering what are the odds the Cavaliers could win the draft lottery four times in 12 years? We took the odds they had to win the draft each year and multiplied them together to get your answer: 0.00012, just a shade over a 1-in-10,000 chance."

KINGOFSPORTS
08-27-2014, 05:11 PM

You, Me, and the Twolves owner are the only ones that think so apparently haha

Arch Stanton
08-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Sour grapes owner, much like Gilbert when he lost LeBron. But Taylor at least acquired a very good package for Love.

Blah Blah Blah
08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
can't really blame owner for these comments, i mean he just lost his star player. Basically he did what Gilbert did for Cleveland when Lebron left. He'll get over it eventually.

KnicksorBust
08-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Really dont see the point of this. If the Twolves FO didnt screw up year after year he never would have wanted to leave in the first place.

See: OKC & Portland

beasted86
08-27-2014, 08:02 PM
can't really blame owner for these comments, i mean he just lost his star player. Basically he did what Gilbert did for Cleveland when Lebron left. He'll get over it eventually.

You can't be serious at all. This is a joke, right?

Master Mind
08-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Sounds like when Snoop signed with Master P and Suge Knight said "He used to be a star, now he's just a No Limit Soldier." Kevin Love is just a No Limit Soldier :p

BALLER R
08-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I really don't think Love is that great but whatever

JustinTime
08-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Sounds like when Snoop signed with Master P and Suge Knight said "He used to be a star, now he's just a No Limit Soldier." Kevin Love is just a No Limit Soldier :p

Suge knight got shot 6 times like a day ago and survived.

Shlumpledink
08-27-2014, 10:14 PM
He is a godsend for a team that has players that rely on the ball in their hands to be effective. You don't have to run plays for him, he can score 5-10 points on offensive rebounds and putbacks alone. He can make spot-up jumpers.

He is great for this team.

Defensive rebounds and outlet passes to two great wing players? Yes please.

Slim Tubby
08-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Taylor should shut his mouth...yet, his points are accurate. Taylor ****ed our franchise by hiring Kahn and should shoulder the blame. Flip did an amazing job getting what he did in a bad situation.

Master Mind
08-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Suge knight got shot 6 times like a day ago and survived.

Yeah crazy and ironic

Oefarmy2005
08-28-2014, 09:24 AM
I think that at this point, everyone knows that Taylor is the biggest reason the Wolves haven't made the playoffs for the last 10 years and were only contending in single season prior to that. I can't wait 'till this team gets sold to someone who with just stfu and let a good GM(pun at Mearkat) run the franchise. I don't understand how somebody so successful doesn't know how and when to zip it.

WSU Tony
08-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Well - as unwarranted as the owners comments are I see the frustration. As a small market team you have no choice but to build though a very finicky lottery system. Keep in mind AK47 oped out of a 12 million dollar contract to play for 4 million for the Nets. Signing or retaining FA is all but impossible for teams like the Wolves and Cavs. If you don't hit a very good player before the year you draft a star or hit a very good player the following two years you draft your star... your screwed. Now, don't take this the wrong way but I don't expect any Cavs fans to fully understand this philosophy. You've been not only incredibly lucky to land Lebron twice but the 4 years in between while you were building without him you scored 3 first round picks.

Think of having a star player and missing the lottery year in and year out followed by mediocre (#3 to #6 draft picks) year after year. You're unable to offer enough money to sign even a league average player. The teams have no room for error - every decision has to be right to even make the playoffs.

I don't blame his frustration after the KG thing and now the Love thing but at the end of the day he had a very good player on an upward trajectory who wanted to sign a max and Taylor didn't offer it to him. It's very hard to justify signing a max deal when the player isn't a max player.

End of the day a max deal would mean Love is still in Minnesota for the next two years while the Wolves have .500 seasons. If anything Love is released 2 years earlier and Minnesotas next rebuild starts two years earlier with Wiggins.

It will be fun to watch the Cavs this year. Admittedly I'll be a bandwagon fan but following Love to his next team makes it a little more justified, right? I'll keep telling myself that...

Hawkeye15
08-28-2014, 11:50 AM
I think that at this point, everyone knows that Taylor is the biggest reason the Wolves haven't made the playoffs for the last 10 years and were only contending in single season prior to that. I can't wait 'till this team gets sold to someone who with just stfu and let a good GM(pun at Mearkat) run the franchise. I don't understand how somebody so successful doesn't know how and when to zip it.

exactly what I was saying. As successful as you were in the business world, you are equally as stupid when it comes to running a sports team. STFU and move on. You should send LeBron the biggest christmas card ever and be thankful you didn't have to take back a crappy package for sucking at your job Taylor.

FriedTofuz
08-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I think the Timberwolves could benefit from a front office/team sale. They've not made the playoffs in quite some time and are back to rebuilding team. I think it would be good for them and hopefully their loyal fans can still have a team if the T-wolves remain in Minny. The Knicks were a washed up franchise but with the Zen Master there, I could see things working better eventually. I think the T-wolves could benefit from a similar move.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2014, 02:29 PM
I think the Timberwolves could benefit from a front office/team sale. They've not made the playoffs in quite some time and are back to rebuilding team. I think it would be good for them and hopefully their loyal fans can still have a team if the T-wolves remain in Minny. The Knicks were a washed up franchise but with the Zen Master there, I could see things working better eventually. I think the T-wolves could benefit from a similar move.

Taylor is getting old. It's only a matter of time before he sells the team.

RubberBand Man
08-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Is K Love really better than Bosh? The Cav's still need a player that can get you points in the paint.

But with that being said the T Wolves owner has no one to blame but himself that team has been terrible forever, sorry *** draft picks sorry *** coaches, how do you expect any good players to take you seriously? Hopefully they can get it together with these new guys because Wiggins and Rubio will be exciting to watch.

amak316
08-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Kevin Love led a team of nobodies to .500 in one of the most stacked conferences in NBA history. He is absolutely a top 8 player in the NBA and at this point in his career is better than Bosh, Wade, and Kyrie by a decent margin. He will be the teams second option and his defense will look miles better because Clevelands offense will be so good. When your opponent is constantly forced to take the ball out of the basket and lets the defense get set lets a lot of players with mediocre defensive reputations, especially those with KL's size, can start looking very good.

smith&wesson
08-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Twolves owner should be happy. Wiggins, Bennett, Young is better than just simply having Love.

Also, Love could have been a douche bag and just left in free agency and the Twolves could have recieved nothing for him. If anything I would be greatfull that Love gave them a years notice so that they could get something in return for him. Not many players in his position have done that for their team.

smith&wesson
08-28-2014, 03:05 PM
exactly what I was saying. As successful as you were in the business world, you are equally as stupid when it comes to running a sports team. STFU and move on. You should send LeBron the biggest christmas card ever and be thankful you didn't have to take back a crappy package for sucking at your job Taylor.

People in Taylors position are often blinded by ego.

Confusious
08-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Is being a third option even a bad thing when the two first options are LeBron James, best player in the goddamn universe, and Kyrie - a potential best PG in the league? I don't think so.

I'd argue that Kevin would be the second option, scoring wise though. The owner is just salty because he didn't want to stay in Minnesota. News flash you fruit loop dingus, nobody wants to stay in Minnesota. That sucks, but that isn't the players fault. It's your fault for not compiling a competitive team...

Yeah, it's Kevin Love's fault that the Wolves haven't been in the playoffs in 10 years. **** off. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
08-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Is being a third option even a bad thing when the two first options are LeBron James, best player in the goddamn universe, and Kyrie - a potential best PG in the league? I don't think so.

I'd argue that Kevin would be the second option, scoring wise though. The owner is just salty because he didn't want to stay in Minnesota. News flash you fruit loop dingus, nobody wants to stay in Minnesota. That sucks, but that isn't the players fault. It's your fault for not compiling a competitive team...

Yeah, it's Kevin Love's fault that the Wolves haven't been in the playoffs in 10 years. **** off. :rolleyes:

Love is a better player than Irving, for sure.

But yes, considering this thread, as most have said, Taylor needs to stfu and take some responsibility. I would rather he just say, "I am sorry to our fans that I have done a **** job of hiring the right people to make the right decisions".

prodigy
08-28-2014, 05:46 PM

Lol this. Who cares what option he is. If waiters is open he's first option lol. Its just people trying to draw up drama.

Confusious
08-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Love is a better player than Irving, for sure.

But yes, considering this thread, as most have said, Taylor needs to stfu and take some responsibility. I would rather he just say, "I am sorry to our fans that I have done a **** job of hiring the right people to make the right decisions".
The irony is that for once, he's on the right step. He made some real progress with this trade and the Wolves team looks to be young and very competitive now. I doubt they'll make the playoffs this year, but Wiggins will get a lot more growth in Minnesota, being the go-to guy. He would have never had that on a team with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. So it's really the best-case scenario for both teams.

Taylor just needs to stop insulting Love and thank him for getting him another top prospect. Now it's on him and his management to correctly elevate Wiggins' game.

USAF_AMMO
08-28-2014, 06:32 PM
The thread title is a bit overly dramatic... His comments were really not that bad, and they are just snippets of what was probably a pretty extensive interview.

I'd have to listen to the whole interview to make any judgement.

smith&wesson
08-28-2014, 06:35 PM
The owner should be happy.. Rubio, Kmartin, Wiggins, Young, Bennett, Pekovic, Dieng, Lavine, Brewer, Mo Williams, JJ Barea could possibly be the best, deepest roster the twovles have had in over a decade if not longer.

WSU Tony
08-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Twolves owner should be happy. Wiggins, Bennett, Young is better than just simply having Love.

Also, Love could have been a douche bag and just left in free agency and the Twolves could have recieved nothing for him. If anything I would be greatfull that Love gave them a years notice so that they could get something in return for him. Not many players in his position have done that for their team.

Exactly.

JustinTime
08-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Exactly.

He's not happy because he knows those guys are just going to leave the second they can anyways. Bennett already looked like he was going to cry in an interview I saw him in and he's only been there a day.

TheIlladelph16
08-28-2014, 08:02 PM
He's not happy because he knows those guys are just going to leave the second they can anyways. Bennett already looked like he was going to cry in an interview I saw him in and he's only been there a day.

You hoping beyond hope that Wiggins heads up to Toronto is a pipe dream. It will be a good 7 years before that's even a remote possibility. Consistently sh*tting on the Wolves and talking about how no one wants to play for them doesn't change that.

Chaotic98
08-28-2014, 11:06 PM
You hoping beyond hope that Wiggins heads up to Toronto is a pipe dream. It will be a good 7 years before that's even a remote possibility. Consistently sh*tting on the Wolves and talking about how no one wants to play for them doesn't change that.

Why 7 years? Love forced his way out in 6, I'm sure Wiggins can pull the same thing off.

slashsnake
08-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Why 7 years? Love forced his way out in 6, I'm sure Wiggins can pull the same thing off.

Agreed... Not sure why he has to stay 7. And no offense, but they deserve to be ***** on. 3 PG's in one draft and you wonder why its been a decade since they've made the playoffs in a league where the majority of teams get in?

Not sure if he goes to Toronto. I think the going home thing is a bit overblown though

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Is K Love really better than Bosh? The Cav's still need a player that can get you points in the paint.

But with that being said the T Wolves owner has no one to blame but himself that team has been terrible forever, sorry *** draft picks sorry *** coaches, how do you expect any good players to take you seriously? Hopefully they can get it together with these new guys because Wiggins and Rubio will be exciting to watch.

People tend to forget that Kevin Love was a pretty good low post player before he expanded to the 3pt line.

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2014, 02:10 PM

And who exactly has wanted to play in Toronto, ever? What was the last Allstar free agent they were able to sign? Toronto is not better than Minneapolis, not by any standard that matters. GTFOH

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Agreed... Not sure why he has to stay 7. And no offense, but they deserve to be ***** on. 3 PG's in one draft and you wonder why its been a decade since they've made the playoffs in a league where the majority of teams get in?

Not sure if he goes to Toronto. I think the going home thing is a bit overblown though

Sure, but if they would have taken Curry instead of Flynn, who is a PG as well by the way, they would have been geniouses. They also traded OJ Mayo for Kevin Love in the last decade. And saying "no offense" doesn't make it not offensive - I think it is. And how many small market teams that didn't have Lebron(Cleveland) did anything other than barely squeak into the playoffs and loose in the first round?

beasted86
08-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Kevin Love led a team of nobodies to .500 in one of the most stacked conferences in NBA history.

He did?

amak316
08-29-2014, 02:41 PM
He did?

sorry .488 I didn't know we had to be that exact on an internet forum. My apologies.

da ThRONe
08-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Never understood how owners can kiss players butts when they are courting them then turn around less than a week later and all of a sudden find all these flaws with players.

Confusious
08-29-2014, 02:55 PM

It is. If anybody remembers, Kevin Durant grew up a Toronto Raptors fan. Most likely because of Vince Carter, but even still... doesn't mean he's leaving OKC for Tdot.

SpeeMN
08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
I am glad people are realizing the reason the Timberwolves always mess things up. I'm looking as far back as the Stephon Marbury Re-Signing Miss and the Joe Smith illegal signing. He is no good at this Owner thing...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/27/6073775/glen-taylor-timberwolves-kevin-love-trade-blame

Hawkeye15
08-29-2014, 04:08 PM
I am glad people are realizing the reason the Timberwolves always mess things up. I'm looking as far back as the Stephon Marbury Re-Signing Miss and the Joe Smith illegal signing. He is no good at this Owner thing...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/27/6073775/glen-taylor-timberwolves-kevin-love-trade-blame

nailed it on the head

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2014, 04:39 PM

Yep, this article pretty much sums it up.

beasted86
08-29-2014, 05:49 PM
sorry .488 I didn't know we had to be that exact on an internet forum. My apologies.

Well if two games don't count, then the HEAT actually won the 2011 Finals.

Love led his teams straight to the lottery every single year he's been in the NBA. Dress it up with as much lipstick as you feel is necessary.

likemystylez
08-29-2014, 05:58 PM

Love led his teams straight to the lottery every single year he's been in the NBA. Dress it up with as much lipstick as you feel is necessary.

Getting into the playoffs is a team accomplishment, not an individual one. It isnt an individual failure either. I dont understand why fans dont understand this. Its the same casual fans who argue that kobe is better than lebron because kobe has more rings.

Spanklin
08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Wade > Kyrie
Bosh > KLove

Cle LOL

amak316
08-29-2014, 06:42 PM

lol so far out of context that we're not even in the same universe at this point. I just wrote 500 because its more aesthetically pleasing and for all intents and purposes it is true.

I know you are likely butthurt that LeBron left your team and thus would prefer to bash all LBJ's teammates and thus diminish their accomplishments, but the fact of the matter is that Love is a top player in the league regardless of his lack of TEAM accomplishments. His second best player was a often injured during his tenure point guard that has an inability to finish around the rim OR hit a jump shot. He played in the very tough west.

On to the heat, your current best player is a a slightly passed his prime version of Chris Bosh, and if we are to hold team accomplishments against him when he was a #1 option (Toronto) in his prime he was only able to take his team to 2 quick first round exits despite playing in a very soft conference, a feat Kevin Love would have easily accomplished and then some had he played in the east.

beasted86
08-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Getting into the playoffs is a team accomplishment, not an individual one. It isnt an individual failure either. I dont understand why fans dont understand this. Its the same casual fans who argue that kobe is better than lebron because kobe has more rings.

Winning championships is definitely a team effort, and to some extent winning also.

But I also feel that there are so few players on the floor that basketball is the one team sport that a truly dominant player can have a massive impact on winning, so much so that his team should be able to win most their games just with him a few okay role players and defense. Wolves have only 2 out of those 3 things, and the one they are missing a lot of blame falls squarely on Love.

Let's forget about comparing Love to future hall of fame players like Kobe and LeBron or Wade, etc... what they were able to do when at times their GM paired them with D-League type talent in the starting lineup that was shortly out of the league... which by the way, Love didn't come close to having that around him last season... Let's instead compare him to someone who I feel is in similar: Al Jefferson. He came in as the leader on a team that went 21-61 the previous year... They realistically added nobody except him and Josh McRoberts, then proceeded to become a 43-39 team. I'm sure I'll hear the onslaught of how they play in the East, maybe might hear someone shameful enough to give Steve Clifford the credit instead of Jefferson... maybe I even hear how the talent on the Bobcats was so much better than the Wolves. Point is basically without him, I still believe that's a 20-something win team and he alone makes them that much better. I also feel if you swapped Jefferson and Love on that same team, they probably head straight back to the lottery.

Overall, I think Love is just overrated. He is a good player, not a great player. Not a top 8 player.

beasted86
08-29-2014, 07:04 PM
lol so far out of context that we're not even in the same universe at this point. I just wrote 500 because its more aesthetically pleasing and for all intents and purposes it is true.

I know you are likely butthurt that LeBron left your team and thus would prefer to bash all LBJ's teammates and thus diminish their accomplishments, but the fact of the matter is that Love is a top player in the league regardless of his lack of TEAM accomplishments. His second best player was a often injured during his tenure point guard that has an inability to finish around the rim OR hit a jump shot. He played in the very tough west.

On to the heat, your current best player is a a slightly passed his prime version of Chris Bosh, and if we are to hold team accomplishments against him when he was a #1 option (Toronto) in his prime he was only able to take his team to 2 quick first round exits despite playing in a very soft conference, a feat Kevin Love would have easily accomplished and then some had he played in the east.

Nice try, but I've been a critic of Kevin Love long before he was a member of the Cavs... basically anyone who followed the Wolves knows this already.

It's probably the opposite... you're maybe a Cavs fan that now feels the need to defend Love.

smith&wesson
08-29-2014, 07:05 PM
I know what Taylor is doing. When Lebron left Dan Gilbert talked alot of smack about him and a few years later Lebron returns. Taylor is hoping if he does the same Love will come back too lol ..

smith&wesson
08-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Wade > Kyrie
Bosh > KLove

Cle LOL

bosh > Love :confused:

amak316
08-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Nice try, but I've been a critic of Kevin Love long before he was a member of the Cavs... basically anyone who followed the Wolves knows this already.

It's probably the opposite... you're maybe a Cavs fan that now feels the need to defend Love.

nope I'm completely neutral and don't have much of an opinion on KL. I don't dislike Bosh either. I am just of the opinion that no one could lead that Twolves team to the playoffs in the current west that isn't named LeBron or Durant. Leading that squad to .488 in the conference they play in makes you a pretty damn good basketball player.

Confusious
08-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Wade > Kyrie
Bosh > KLove

Cle LOL
Warriors have two good seasons for the first time since 2007 and suddenly this peasant comes out and thinks he knows ball.

Judging by nothing but the content of this post, you have a long way to go.

Clay > KLove according to your organization. GS LOL.

prodigy
08-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Wade > Kyrie
Bosh > KLove

Cle LOL

Both are strictly your opinion. I think love is better then bosh. But Irving and love are both better players for lebrons game.

likemystylez
08-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Warriors have two good seasons for the first time since 2007 and suddenly this peasant comes out and thinks he knows ball.

Judging by nothing but the content of this post, you have a long way to go.

Clay > KLove according to your organization. GS LOL.

well I dont know if you know ball considering Klay is spelt with a K not a C.

Also- I was on board with the k love deal- but the organization thought klay was worth keeping considering they already had kevin love and they werent willing to give up barnes as well.

likemystylez
08-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Winning championships is definitely a team effort, and to some extent winning also.

But I also feel that there are so few players on the floor that basketball is the one team sport that a truly dominant player can have a massive impact on winning, so much so that his team should be able to win most their games just with him a few okay role players and defense. Wolves have only 2 out of those 3 things, and the one they are missing a lot of blame falls squarely on Love.

Let's forget about comparing Love to future hall of fame players like Kobe and LeBron or Wade, etc... what they were able to do when at times their GM paired them with D-League type talent in the starting lineup that was shortly out of the league... which by the way, Love didn't come close to having that around him last season... Let's instead compare him to someone who I feel is in similar: Al Jefferson. He came in as the leader on a team that went 21-61 the previous year... They realistically added nobody except him and Josh McRoberts, then proceeded to become a 43-39 team. I'm sure I'll hear the onslaught of how they play in the East, maybe might hear someone shameful enough to give Steve Clifford the credit instead of Jefferson... maybe I even hear how the talent on the Bobcats was so much better than the Wolves. Point is basically without him, I still believe that's a 20-something win team and he alone makes them that much better. I also feel if you swapped Jefferson and Love on that same team, they probably head straight back to the lottery.

Overall, I think Love is just overrated. He is a good player, not a great player. Not a top 8 player.

If you want to see a players impact on the floor, id look at his win shares and his plus/minus. The twolves were a pretty competitive team but lost a lot of games in the last 5 minutes. In the east- the twolves have a chance at being 5th or 6th seed.

I dont think one player can carry a team in the west over the last few yrs. You need very high level role players, expierience and multiple players who can have huge games on any given night, For instance- the 8th seeded team in the west (the mavs) are just hands down better than the twolves.

Also- this thread started out as the owner taking shots at love. Id like to point out that the owner probably has the ability to have more of an impact than love on whether the team makes the playoffs (over a 6 yr stretch)

Sanjay
08-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Although Irving is a great dribbler, I would think you would pass to Love before...

Oefarmy2005
08-29-2014, 11:55 PM

You have no idea how idiotic you sound. Jefferson actually was on the wolves and took them to 17 wins annually and Love is so much better than Jefferson its not even funny. Plus saying wade did so great with a bunch of nobodies is also completely false. Not to mention that it's much harder to influence the game from the PF/C position because unlike a guard, or a pt-fwd, you don't handle the ball 80% of the time.

amak316
08-30-2014, 12:52 PM

You have no idea how idiotic you sound. Jefferson actually was on the wolves and took them to 17 wins annually and Love is so much better than Jefferson its not even funny. Plus saying wade did so great with a bunch of nobodies is also completely false. Not to mention that it's much harder to influence the game from the PF/C position because unlike a guard, or a pt-fwd, you don't handle the ball 80% of the time.

Well said, you win this thread. Funny he'd use Al Jefferson as his example without knowing his history with the wolves.

beasted86
08-30-2014, 03:27 PM

You seem to be the only idiot present. When they became a 15-17 win team was as soon as Love joined them pairing his putrid defense in the front court next to Jefferson. You really think I didn't know he played for the Wolves?

Even when pointing to what which player can do with what talent.... It's sad that Jefferson with Ryan Gomes, Rashard Mccants, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair, and Rodney Carney all playing major minutes in the rotation won 22 - 24 games, when all of those guys are out of the NBA as of last season and none of them are out due to age or injury, they just sucked. Love with Rubio, Beasley, Barea, Webster, and Pekovic won 26 games.

Jefferson had been the leader on two playoff teams so far. Every year since being traded by the Wolves his teams have won more games than Love's. Love has been the leader on multiple lottery teams. He's not even close to as good as you think.

prodigy
08-30-2014, 05:34 PM

You seem to be the only idiot present. When they became a 15-17 win team was as soon as Love joined them pairing his putrid defense in the front court next to Jefferson. You really think I didn't know he played for the Wolves?

Even when pointing to what which player can do with what talent.... It's sad that Jefferson with Ryan Gomes, Rashard Mccants, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair, and Rodney Carney all playing major minutes in the rotation won 22 - 24 games, when all of those guys are out of the NBA as of last season and none of them are out due to age or injury, they just sucked. Love with Rubio, Beasley, Barea, Webster, and Pekovic won 26 games.

Jefferson had been the leader on two playoff teams so far. Every year since being traded by the Wolves his teams have won more games than Love's. Love has been the leader on multiple lottery teams. He's not even close to as good as you think.

Umm lebrons the leader of cavs anyway. Love just needs to play his game, rebound and hit the open shots he gets.

Oefarmy2005
08-30-2014, 05:42 PM

Lol. 26 with Rubio missing half the season and a lockout year of 62 games. Obviously you have no idea about anything basketball related, so I'm not going to bother.