PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Tournament : Elite 8

Chronz
08-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Continuing the theme, these are the victors of R.1.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?874100-Which-Team-wins-an-All-Time-Tournament-1st-Round

There were a few surprises, the 96 Bulls unanimous victory over their younger selves, not quite sure what to make of that one. Everyone voted in favor of the 87 Lakers defeating the 01 Bucks, I can only hope you guys at least saw it going 7 games because those 2 squads are eerily similar. That was the only "underdog" to win but the Rockets-Lakers series was close to an upset.

I was the tie breaker in 2 series (13.Heat vs 72 Lakers & 67 Sixers vs 65 Celtics). Anyways, heres R.2

1. 96/97 Bulls (MJ-Pippen-Rodman)

VS

8. 83 Sixers (Moses-Cheeks-Julius)

2. 72 Lakers (Wilt-West-Goodrich)

VS

7. 08 Celtics (KG-Pierce-Allen)

3. 67 Sixers (Wilt-Walker-Greer)

VS

11. 87 Lakers (Magic-Worthy-KAJ)

4. 86 Celtics (Bird-McHale-Parish)

VS

5. 01 Lakers (Shaq-Kobe-Fisher)

Chronz
08-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Quite a few intriguing matchups, we got 2 Philly teams with dominant centers going up against 2 iconic teams that struggled defending them (87Lakers/96Bulls).

The Celtics-Lakers face off twice this go around. 08 Celtics defeated the 09 Lakers in the previous round and now have to face the team that Phil Jackson himself doesn't know if his Bulls could have beaten. The best Celtics team ever constructed (86 Celtics) faces off against the best team of the 2K era (IMO).

Kaner
08-26-2014, 05:31 PM
96 Bulls
08 Celtics
67 76ers
01 Lakers

JasonJohnHorn
08-26-2014, 06:17 PM

VS

That is tought! MG v Dr. J? Great match-up! Though it'd likely be Pippen vs. Dr. J
Malone would go to town on Longley. I love Malone but I gotta go with the Bull here.

VS

This is really tough. Inter-generational? I gotta go with the Lakers. Several double-digit rebounders, Wilt with a crazy-high FG%, West and Goodrich.... I see the Celtics getting beat up on the glass pretty bad.

VS

Gotta go with the Lakers here. Wilt wins the match-up at C, but everything else goes the Lakers way. I mean, Magic is bigger than their SF.... and SG... and PG.

VS

5. 01 Lakers (Shaq-Kobe-Fisher)[/QUOTE]

I see Shaq having his way, but I see the Celtics giving Kobe a hard time, and since Shaq can really step out to defend opposing centers, I see the fact that Parish and McHale are both comfortable taking jumpers as a BIG problem for Shaq on defense.

I think Dennis Johnson would obviously be guarding Kobe, and his D was good enough to slow Kobe down. Ainge would get eaten up by Kobe on defense, but Kobe would have to stay on him, so he'd spread the floor for the rest of the team, and the Lakers just don't have anybody coming off the bench to handle Walton.

I'd gotta go with the Celtics here.

GREATNESS ONE
08-26-2014, 07:17 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?874100-Which-Team-wins-an-All-Time-Tournament-1st-Round

There were a few surprises, the 96 Bulls unanimous victory over their younger selves, not quite sure what to make of that one. Everyone voted in favor of the 87 Lakers defeating the 01 Bucks, I can only hope you guys at least saw it going 7 games because those 2 squads are eerily similar. That was the only "underdog" to win but the Rockets-Lakers series was close to an upset.

I was the tie breaker in 2 series (13.Heat vs 72 Lakers & 67 Sixers vs 65 Celtics). Anyways, heres R.2

VS

I wish, I could watch this series.

This would be an all time great series but the edge in a 7 game series would go to MJ/Pip/Rod

Bulls 7.

VS

Wilt.

Lakers in 6.

VS

Magic/Worthy would be too much and KJ/Wilt would be a great finals matchup!

Lakers 5.

VS

5. 01 Lakers (Shaq-Kobe-Fisher)

Shaq would eat them alive. Kobe would do work but Shaq wouldn't be stopped.

Lakers 6.

NYKalltheway
08-26-2014, 08:18 PM
1. unfair.. this should have been the final. Gotta give it to Bulls 1996

2. 72 Lakers

3. 87 Lakers

4. 86 Celtics while Shaq averages 35ppg :p

flea
08-26-2014, 08:23 PM

KnicksorBust
08-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Sixers are going to get hardcore underrated here... moses would wreak havoc and they have defenders to throw at Mj.... (says the guy who is still going to vote 96 bulls)

Bulls
Celtics
Lakers
Lakers

KnicksorBust
08-27-2014, 09:54 AM

The '01 Bucks got hosed. I mean you're talking Cassell, Tim Thomas, Ray-Ray, and the BIG DOG GLENN ROBINSON himself. Get out da brooms !

Jetsguy
08-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Bulls
Celtics
Lakers
Lakers