PDA

View Full Version : Jared Dudley traded to the Bucks

kylem4711
08-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Later dudley, you will not be missed.

2-ONE-5
ummm why would the Bucks do this and who/what was it for?

jaydubb
Bucks lookin good.. Watch out nba

jaydubb
08-26-2014, 03:03 PM
:laugh2:

Htownballa1622
08-26-2014, 03:09 PM
For Carlos Delfino and Raduljica.

Clippers also send future 1st round pick.

Sheds salary for Clips.

phantasyyy
08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
bucks for 2015 championship!

nycericanguy
08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
odd trade for LA... they are looking thin at SF now... and Dudley's contract only had 1 more season after this and it was a player option for 4.2m.

Giving up a future 1st and unloading a valuable player for what exactly?

Vinylman
08-26-2014, 03:14 PM
smart move by the clipps.. Dudley is basically a vet min performer... unloading that contract is way more important to their cap situation...

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 03:20 PM
odd trade for LA... they are looking thin at SF now... and Dudley's contract only had 1 more season after this and it was a player option for 4.2m.

Giving up a future 1st and unloading a valuable player for what exactly?

If Delfino can come back healthy and be the guy he was for Houston in 2012-13, then this could actually help the Clippers out in a big way. Delfino is a really solid 3 and D guy who could fit the Clippers needs like a glove.

KnicksorBust
08-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Delfino the missing piece for LAC title hopes?

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 03:23 PM
It's worth noting that the Rockets have also had several discussions with the Bucks about a possible sign and trade revolving Ramon Sessions. I keep waiting for that deal to get announced, but I think that addition would be a really big help to the Rockets back court depth after losing Lin. Hopefully that trade will be announced soon as well.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Delfino is a nice piece. This sucks.

Seems premature though.

nycericanguy
08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
If Delfino can come back healthy and be the guy he was for Houston in 2012-13, then this could actually help the Clippers out in a big way. Delfino is a really solid 3 and D guy who could fit the Clippers needs like a glove.

Isn't Delfino out for the year though? And then he's a FA...

So it seems like strictly a salary dump.

Htownballa1622
08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
I read somewhere Delfino wasn't touching the floor this year.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 03:28 PM
It's worth noting that the Rockets have also had several discussions with the Bucks about a possible sign and trade revolving Ramon Sessions. I keep waiting for that deal to get announced, but I think that addition would be a really big help to the Rockets back court depth after losing Lin. Hopefully that trade will be announced soon as well.

I really wanted the Dubs to go after Sessions this offseason. What are you supposed to be sending?

Goose17
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM

Is this still due to that same foot injury?

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Carlos Delfino (foot) will not play at FIBA this summer.
He was at Las Vegas Summer League and it appeared that he didn't have anything wrong with him while walking, but there's obviously a big difference from walking and playing ball. Delfino should be ready to start the season after missing all of 2013-14. Via Rotoworld.com

If he's healthy and he plays, that could be a big signing for LA. If he's not or he's not the same guy, this will be a bit of a head scratcher by the end of the year.

Htownballa1622
08-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Is this still due to that same foot injury?

Not too sure. It was Woj that said it via twitter.

Chronz
08-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Not seeing the point of this, was actually hoping Dudley could bounce back at least alil bit. Heard hes gotten in better shape.

5ass
08-26-2014, 03:53 PM
A 1st for delfino?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-26-2014, 03:54 PM
For Carlos Delfino and Raduljica.

Clippers also send future 1st round pick.

Sheds salary for Clips.

Actually Clippers take on salary according to hoopshype. I think they have it wrong though. Raduljica might be unguaranteed or only partial.

Jared Dudley $4,250,000 $4,250,000

Miroslav Raduljica $1,500,000 $1,567,500 $1,959,375

Carlos Delfino $3,250,000 $3,250,000

Never mind Delfino final year on deal is a team option.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Not seeing the point of this, was actually hoping Dudley could bounce back at least alil bit. Heard hes gotten in better shape.

I'm with you. I think this is a lateral/pointless trade. Sure if Delfino is 100 percent it may be a marginal upgrade, but not really worth it. Dudley lost nearly 20 lbs this summer and his contract isn't even that bad. Basically we traded Bledsoe for Redick now. Not to mention the team now has only 1 healthy/active SF on the roster now with Barnes. Unless this is part 1 of a 2 part trade, I don't like it one bit. Doc as a GM/President has been mediocre for the most part, at least when it comes to roster stuff.

Chronz
08-26-2014, 04:23 PM
A 1st for delfino?

The squads exchanged picks, for a contender like LA, an early 2nd rounder is of more value than the more expensive first rounder. Milwaukee just wants talent tho.

goingfor28
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Ya I thought he was out for the season too

Ariza's Better
08-26-2014, 04:32 PM
Isn't Delfino out for the year though? And then he's a FA...

So it seems like strictly a salary dump.

He is only out for part of this season. So if he stays healthy he will play this season.

I like this move for the clips. If Delfino can be a x-factor like he was at the rockets, he will add another dimension to them. Hopefully he can still do stuff like this:
http://youtu.be/CbW3aAeUFiA

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 04:35 PM
He is only out for part of this season. So if he stays healthy he will play this season.

I like this move for the clips. If Delfino can be a x-factor like he was at the rockets, he will add another dimension to them. Hopefully he can still do stuff like this:
http://youtu.be/CbW3aAeUFiA

Everyone knows he could play. If he was on a 3 year deal and healthy I'd be happy as fu**. But to be a 1 year rental who may not even touch the floor? Idiotic trade if that's the case.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Jared Dudley:

"I just wanna thank the clippers organization for everything.. It was a privilege to play for them.. I only wish I could of been 100%.. I wish them nothing but luck"

Two things.

1. This kind of bums me out. Dude was injured/out of shape all year (partially his fault no doubt) and is traded for basically a small cap dump when he very well may of bounced back. If he goes on to be return to quality player in Milwaukee after one down year, I'm gonna be really pissed off.

2. How times have changed to hear a player say "It was a privilege to play for them (Clippers".

jay87shot
08-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know how protected the 1st is, lottery top 20? Not that the Clips will likely be inside the top 20.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Also people keep saying this Radu guy is a very nice backup center/defensive stopper.. but even so... Hawes is going to eat up 100 percent of backup center minutes, so it's worthless.

5ass
08-26-2014, 05:04 PM
The squads exchanged picks, for a contender like LA, an early 2nd rounder is of more value than the more expensive first rounder. Milwaukee just wants talent tho.

That's not too bad. Sterling ****ed up when he vetoed the Bledsoe for afflalo trade. The deal made too much sense.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 05:07 PM
That's not too bad. Sterling ****ed up when he vetoed the Bledsoe for afflalo trade. The deal made too much sense.

One of the things in our history I will never forget. Afflalo is PERFECT for us. I mean don't get me wrong, Redick has been a dream fit when healthy.. but the team badly lacks in guys who can defend SF's, so Affalo fits a bigger need. Sterling also caused us to lose Neil Olshey who went and built a contender in Portland in literally ONE summer.

JasonJohnHorn
08-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Is there even a point to having a season this year? Now that the Bucks have Dud.... it seems like the got the chip wrapped up.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-26-2014, 05:14 PM

That second rounder wasn't "confirmed" which second rounder Bucks or Clippers. Bucks do own the Clippers second rounder in 2015 draft from the sign and trade deal of Redick. Clippers just might be keeping there very own second rounder and giving up lotto protect first instead. 2017 is a long ways away.

beasted86
08-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Seems like a useless trade on both sides.

Chronz
08-26-2014, 05:35 PM

Usually Im the type to say youd rather have a dime over 2 nickels, but I was just sold that Reddick+Dudley were worth more than just the 10 cents they add up to. I knew no matter what the trade was, the Clips were going to lose out on talent, so since we weren't getting equal value anyways, may as well shore up 2 positions of need instead of solidifying 1.

Magic would have loved that trade tho.

5ass
08-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Usually Im the type to say youd rather have a dime over 2 nickels, but I was just sold that Reddick+Dudley were worth more than just the 10 cents they add up to. I knew no matter what the trade was, the Clips were going to lose out on talent, so since we weren't getting equal value anyways, may as well shore up 2 positions of need instead of solidifying 1.

Magic would have loved that trade tho.

Theres always the FA and the draft. I would take afflalo and a combination of one dimensional players (acquired through vet minimum, 2nd round picks, and d-league like troy Daniels) over redick and Dudley.
Oladipo and Bledsoe would've been incredible to watch, but I like Fournier, and we got ourselves a real PG in Payton.

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Delfino is a good defender, shooter, and rebounder, pretty good move for the clips
The reason why the clippers arent over the top however, isnt the bench depth, but rather, lack of star power.
It's literally just Paul and Griffin, the team needs at least 3 star players to win, that's how the NBA is nowadays

14-Leanard, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili
13- lebron bosh wade
12- lebron bosh wade
11- Dirk, Kidd, Chandler Caron, Terry
10- Kobe, Gasol Bynum Odom, Artest
9- Kobe Gasol Bynum Odom
8- Pierce Garnet Allen

my point is, although the clippers have two quality players, they need a third player. Crawford isnt going to cut it as the 3rd best scorer on this team. Clippers should try to package some of their depth for a 3rd option, otherwise, I dont see them ever winning a championship with just paul and Griffin.

Cracka2HI!
08-26-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm not on board with this either. I guess it could be a huge succss if we get the Delfino of a couple years ago. I also agree that Doc hasn't been great as GM. The Bledsoe trade is a disaster. I wrote when it happened it was possibly the type of trade that will cost the team any chance at a Title. The team HAD to get more than Reddick for Bledsoe. Hell Reddick should have been signed to the MLE. Afflalo and Reddick should be the starting wings rather than the parts the team is trying to make fit.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Delfino is a good defender, shooter, and rebounder, pretty good move for the clips
The reason why the clippers arent over the top however, isnt the bench depth, but rather, lack of star power.
It's literally just Paul and Griffin, the team needs at least 3 star players to win, that's how the NBA is nowadays

14-Leanard, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili
13- lebron bosh wade
12- lebron bosh wade
11- Dirk, Kidd, Chandler Caron, Terry
10- Kobe, Gasol Bynum Odom, Artest
9- Kobe Gasol Bynum Odom
8- Pierce Garnet Allen

my point is, although the clippers have two quality players, they need a third player. Crawford isnt going to cut it as the 3rd best scorer on this team. Clippers should try to package some of their depth for a 3rd option, otherwise, I dont see them ever winning a championship with just paul and Griffin.

DeAndre Jordan is one of the most productive 3rd best pieces in the NBA. His WS/48 for example is nearly .200. Which is nearly superstar level. 10/13.5/2.5/1 is nothing to play with as a 3rd option, especially with his D+efficiency. He's basically not far behind prime Tyson Chandler at this point and Tyson was the SECOND best player on the 2011 Mavs awesome championship roster.

If you're saying that Crawford being a near 20 ppg scorer isn't good enough as a 3rd scorer, you'll have to explain where you're getting these "facts". The Clippers were the number 1 offense in the league last year. They had no problem scoring on anyone. Their problem was defense late in games and rebounding.

bleedprple&gold
08-26-2014, 07:27 PM
I guarantee the Clips will regret this trade come 2017 when they are coughing up that 1st rounder. Dumping the extra year of his $4 mil salary was not worth giving up a 1st rounder for and how often do we see the team that gave up the 1st rounder in the salary dump wish they could take that trade back years later? It never fails. I know this pick is protected but I'm sure Clippers fans are not quick to forget how they gave up that pick that became Kyrie Irving just so they could dump Baron Davis' salary. Some teams will never learn...

smith&wesson
08-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Delfino might be a good fit for the clippers.

akesh99
08-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Aren't they waiving Delfino using the stretch provision?

EDIT: ya according to hoopshype they will most likely use the stretch provision on Delfino freeing up about 1 mil in salary under the hard cap. Apparently they met with Chris Douglas Roberts and Epke Udoh today.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 08:45 PM
I love CDR for D and athleticism. If we get him I'll be happy.

bleedprple&gold
08-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Aren't they waiving Delfino using the stretch provision?

EDIT: ya according to hoopshype they will most likely use the stretch provision on Delfino freeing up about 1 mil in salary under the hard cap. Apparently they met with Chris Douglas Roberts and Epke Udoh today.

Yea but freeing about 1 mil does nothing. They can already offer that with the vets min. Unless they are trying to avoid the luxury tax (is Ballmer going cheap now after vastly overpaying for the team?)

akesh99
08-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Yea but freeing about 1 mil does nothing. They can already offer that with the vets min. Unless they are trying to avoid the luxury tax (is Ballmer going cheap now after vastly overpaying for the team?)

Based on what I read it looks like they're trying to fit another guy in under the hard cap, not the lux tax.

Cracka2HI!
08-26-2014, 10:47 PM
I guarantee the Clips will regret this trade come 2017 when they are coughing up that 1st rounder. Dumping the extra year of his $4 mil salary was not worth giving up a 1st rounder for and how often do we see the team that gave up the 1st rounder in the salary dump wish they could take that trade back years later? It never fails. I know this pick is protected but I'm sure Clippers fans are not quick to forget how they gave up that pick that became Kyrie Irving just so they could dump Baron Davis' salary. Some teams will never learn...

I would still do that trade. There is no CP3 without that trade. I know it's easy to rip the Clippers for that deal but they dealt a 1.7% chance at the 1st pick, not the 1st. I was fine with it at the time and still am today. That said to compare this small move to that is laughable. There is almost a 0% chance the 2017 pick will be a lotto. That was also a totally different regime. I would be more worried about the moves made by the other LA team if I were you.

I'm really not liking hearing we will use the stretch on this. I will always defend my team but this seems like a very bad and unnecessary move.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Funny thing about this trade is Clippers did it for next year when Delfino and Raduljica have team options to be waived. Well remember the old three team trade with Bucks, Clippers, Suns? Dudley thought he was traded to the Bucks and was quoted from ESPN while chatting with Steve Nash. Said I don't wanna crap on any teams but don't want to play in Milwaukee. So Bucks might be lucky and he opts out of his player option following season. Where if he was still in LA most likely would of stayed on that final year. So win win for Milwaukee.

Chronz
08-27-2014, 12:04 PM
More details coming out on this trade, its looking like a downright moronic trade right now. Not sure what the motives are.

Clippersfan86
08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
More details coming out on this trade, its looking like a downright moronic trade right now. Not sure what the motives are.

Remember when I ripped Doc for being promoted to President? Just because he was good through the Sterling crisis, doesn't mean he needed more power. What did he do with it? He hired his assistant coach with ZERO experience in FO to be his right hand man and demoted the only experienced FO guy we had in Gary Sacks for a SECOND time in two years. Mind you Sacks was runner up GM of the year two offseasons ago.

Shady66
08-27-2014, 01:34 PM
What was wrong with dudley this year clips fans? Injuries and being out of shape? In phoenix every year he got more trim and kept expanding his game. Just seems weird to me. I still like the junk yard dog and hope he sees success

Clippersfan86
08-27-2014, 01:45 PM
What was wrong with dudley this year clips fans? Injuries and being out of shape? In phoenix every year he got more trim and kept expanding his game. Just seems weird to me. I still like the junk yard dog and hope he sees success

Came into training camp severely overweight/out of shape. Which contributed to issues like knee swelling etc all season long.

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2014, 04:14 PM

Remember when I ripped Doc for being promoted to President? Just because he was good through the Sterling crisis, doesn't mean he needed more power. What did he do with it? He hired his assistant coach with ZERO experience in FO to be his right hand man and demoted the only experienced FO guy we had in Gary Sacks for a SECOND time in two years. Mind you Sacks was runner up GM of the year two offseasons ago.

This trade really sucks almost anyway you look at it. If Delfino was healthy I guess it would have been passable. Using the stretch only makes matters worse. If you're worried about the tax next year just not picking up Delfino's option would be the better way to go. He also gives us a tradable contract if we keep it. I'm really confused here. Most of all, we've heard so much about Ballmer's "deep pockets" but this move stinks of Sterling more than any move Sterling himself made in years.

Futher more, I fully expect better from Dudley this year. The only thing I can think of is the team is trying to get under the tax this year. They were in the tax last year so if they can avoid it this year they would reset and not be repeats offenders. That would help when DJ becomes a FA but was giving up a #1 really the best way to get there?

Cracka2HI!
08-28-2014, 01:40 AM
It took me a while to wrap my head around this but I finally read an article that spelled it out simple enough for even me to understand. Doc basically traded a future first for 3 vet minimum players. Apparently since the Clippers used the MLE they couldn't go above $80.8 million for any reason this season. They only had room left for 1 contract. After they stretch Delfino they will have room for 3 minimum players to fill out the roster. I'm literally sick writing this. It also means the team can't trade a 1st until 2019 since they traded one for Doc and will be hit with a $1 million cap hit the next 2 years for Delfino. I hated the trade all the way but I could have never imagined it would be this bad. This is exactly why you don't wan't coaches handling player personnel.