PDA

View Full Version : Which team will surprise many during the upcoming season?

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Last year, no one expected Phoneix to be any where near 48 wins or competing for the playoffs. No one expected the east to be historically bad.
No one thought the Lakers would've disappointed when they traded for howard + signed nash (back in 2013)

Every year, there just seems to be surprises, that one team that everyone sleeps on. Even at the beginning of the season, it was unclear if the sixers were tanking with the 3-0 start.

Which team(s) will surprise us?

goingfor28
08-25-2014, 01:02 AM
West: I could see Dallas finishing 4th behind SA, LAC, OKC
East: I don't know. Chicago and Cleveland will obviously be the top 2. I think Charlotte could finish 3rd.

jaydubb
08-25-2014, 01:04 AM
^^^

I was gonna say Charlotte too

Dade County
08-25-2014, 01:36 AM
The HEAT...

People think I am playing around, when I say NBA = Entertainment, and say things like, players are con-artist and they take orders.

The HEAT record (if they can stay somewhat healthy) will show some people (if they take the time to re-watch some of the HEAT loses last year), that the HEAT could have had a way better record last year and the years before.

Now that Lbj went back to Cleveland, I don't think the league will be interfering with the HEAT anymore (I could be wrong... They might wont Lbj to save face).

JEDean89
08-25-2014, 01:56 AM
^^^ get over it dude. the heat will be a mediocre team at best next year. I'm thinking the Pelicans, Nuggets, and Nets will all be pretty good.

Dade County
08-25-2014, 02:05 AM
^^^ get over it dude. the heat will be a mediocre team at best next year. I'm thinking the Pelicans, Nuggets, and Nets will all be pretty good.

If you are using a key board, do you actually realize, when you type "^", followed up by two more, you are tying, you know. lol

Also, why even bother to single me out... I believe that the HEAT are going to smash most teams next year, so what. At least I stated why.

Sadds The Gr8
08-25-2014, 02:11 AM
N.o.p.

flea
08-25-2014, 02:16 AM
I think the Heat could be pretty good. They've still got their defensive core intact and Bosh is still a top tier big man. I could see them winning 50 games in the East easily.

PacersForLife
08-25-2014, 02:21 AM
I'll say New Orleans, Anthony Davis should grow as a player after being one of the main guys on the USA squad.

JEDean89
08-25-2014, 02:25 AM
If you are using a key board, do you actually realize, when you type "^", followed up by two more, you are tying, you know. lol

Also, why even bother to single me out... I believe that the HEAT are going to smash most teams next year, so what. At least I stated why.

i don't know what you are trying to say in your first statement but to think that losing LBJ and gaining Deng is gonna only equate to a few game drop then you are crazy. LBJ was your highest scorer and assister. Who is running the offense for this team next year? Right now you are relying on Wade, Cole and Napier to provide all of your playmaking. LBJ was good for some 40 points a night between his points and assists, Deng will give you maybe 20.

I think Miami is in decent shape for the future, but for this season, no C, do big man depth, no wing depth of any calibre, no PG's or guard depth. Next year, when you guys get a real offseason I think you guys can land a PG or C and can get back into contention. Right now you are counting on these guys to win 50+ wins when the entire conference got better except your team (and 76ers), the entire west got better, there just aren't that many 50 win seasons to be had.

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 02:35 AM
Hornets, Pelicans, Heat, these come to mind.

Dade County
08-25-2014, 02:58 AM
i don't know what you are trying to say in your first statement

I am trying to say is that sometime people don't notice whats right in front of them... When you hold down the shift bar a click 6, you create this ^. What I was saying is that do you even notice that you are typing 66^.

lol

but to think that losing LBJ and gaining Deng is gonna only equate to a few game drop then you are crazy. LBJ was your highest scorer and assister. Who is running the offense for this team next year? Right now you are relying on Wade, Cole and Napier to provide all of your playmaking. LBJ was good for some 40 points a night between his points and assists, Deng will give you maybe 20.

It has nothing to do with Lbj or the HEAT getting deng.

re read my post, I am telling you that I believe that the HEAT was controlled by the league, so things didn't get out of hand. Like Miami destroying teams every night and breaking all kinds of records.

What we say these past 4yrs, was a controlled organization by the league. Before you put in your two cents, I just asked you actually watch some past games and compare them to when the HEAT actually played hard and won convincingly (the media calls it, the HEAT have another level they can go to).

I think Miami is in decent shape for the future, but for this season, no C, do big man depth, no wing depth of any calibre, no PG's or guard depth. Next year, when you guys get a real offseason I think you guys can land a PG or C and can get back into contention. Right now you are counting on these guys to win 50+ wins when the entire conference got better except your team (and 76ers), the entire west got better, there just aren't that many 50 win seasons to be had.

The bulls got rose back (lets see for how long), The Cav's are stacked & i really don't see anyone else being a real contending threat. Don't get me wrong, I don't see the HEAT right now as a true contender, to me those teams are OKC, Spurs, Cav's; then I can go into the 2nd tier contenders, Bulls, Clippers...etc.

long story short, I am not afraid of teams like the Wiz, Raps, Hornets, Nets, even though those teams are somewhat good.

Clippersfan86
08-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Hornets, Pelicans, Pistons, Magic are my breakout teams. Heat will be better than expected probably too.

Iron24th
08-25-2014, 04:42 AM
I don't get the fascination with the pelicans...I think they'll disappoint again

Hornets could be very good and I think minny will surprise some people, not playoffs bound but way better than bottom three team

LTBaByyy
08-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Don't be surprised if my Mavs get 3rd seed

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-25-2014, 07:58 AM
I'll say New Orleans, Anthony Davis should grow as a player after being one of the main guys on the USA squad.

I agree. I think a lot of posters over looking the Pelicans. Also they added Asik. Besides Davis is only getting better.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-25-2014, 08:10 AM

Hard to say. How much longer can Dirk be a one man team? I think Knicks won that trade. Calderon and the rest is a improvement while you get over paid injury prone Chandler. He isn't the same guy you had before. Also Felton should of been out of the league three years ago. Also lost Vince Carter and Dalembert. Richard Jefferson should of retired as well. Last time he was decent was with the Nets. That was a long time ago. Parsons was alright but way over paid. I think Mavs are pretty much a 3 man team in Dirk, Ellis, Parsons. Not sure if the rest of the supporting cast can lift them. West is very strong. In the east Mavs be a shoe in for playoffs. But out west is no cake walk.

FOBolous
08-25-2014, 08:11 AM
The Heat. Bosh can still be a 20/10 player. He's not plagued by any health issues nor is he at an age where he's declining yet...the reason why he wasn't a 20/10 player during the Lebron era because he was limited by his role and touches. Wade, though old and declining, is still one of the better SGs in the league. With how weak the Eastern Conference is, a resurgent Bosh and a steady Wade should be enough to compete.

PurpleLynch
08-25-2014, 08:14 AM
Bucks won't make playoffs this upcoming season imo,but they will be what the Suns were in the West last year.
Dallas will be better than last year.

2-ONE-5
08-25-2014, 09:02 AM
New Orleans makes the playoffs. they didnt get Anderson, Davis and Holiday on the court much at all last year and now they are all healthy and have added Asik who should be a big defensive boost. I think they grab the 7 or 8 seed and make a first round series very interesting

cdnsportsfan
08-25-2014, 10:09 AM
For teams that could legitimately surprise, I say that would be Detroit in the East and New Orleans in the West.

Odds are that the Pistons miss the playoffs once again, but with SVG in town if anyone can take this team to the 8 seed it would probably be him(it wouldn't be anything better than the 8 seed though). In the East it likely won't take a winning record to get the 8 seed yet again, even with an improved conference. It would be a genuine surprise if it were the Pistons but I feel of any of the teams currently out of contention, they'd be the one who could make the leap.

Health will obviously be a big factor here, but if they stay healthy the Pelicans will be the Suns of this coming season. There's been so many positive things said about Anthony Davis this offseason, if he is finally coming into his own I see the core around him as more than good enough to make a very serious push for the playoffs - even in the ultra-competitive West.

jericho
08-25-2014, 12:35 PM
I hate the heat but i think people are sleeping on them. Yeah they lost LBJ but they still have Bosh and Wade. We all know that Wade is declining but he is still better than most of the SG even at this stage of his career and Bosh should come back to his 20 & 10 days. Also the addition of McRoberts, Deng and Granger are good ones. I hate the heat and i want them to suck just to see were the real heat fans are at but in reality i think they are gonna be a 3rd or 4th place on the eastern conference. This is just me putting my hate aside.

I like the Hornets but i think some people are overrating them. I like Stephenson but i think next season is the season when they are really gonna make some noise. The departure of McRoberts its gonna hurt them a lil bit. I know Noah Vonle (or wtvr his name is) is gonna be better than him but hi is still a rookie. I see them as a 6th or 7th seed and building some good chemistry for next season.

archdevil84
08-25-2014, 12:58 PM
damn it hornets and pelicans are so distracting. i keep thinking that the hornets are the pelicans. why coudnt they have just left it like the pelicans to be the hornets and the hornets to be the bobcats

akia83
08-25-2014, 01:18 PM
East: Bucks
West: none

Clippersfan86
08-25-2014, 01:23 PM

Over which of the top 3 teams?

JasonJohnHorn
08-25-2014, 01:24 PM
I think the Heat will be surprisingly good this year.

I'd say Charlotte, but I think people are expecting them to improve since they made the post season this year, and are adding two first-round picks and Lance.

I also think the Thunder might be surprisingly average this year. Other teams are getting better, and Thunder haven't really done anything to improve. The Warriors, Trailbalzeers and Pelicans all have a young core that is improving, and the Kings will likely be better as well, but unless the Thunder see drastic improvement out of Adams, they really haven't added anybody to make them better.

The Clippers have seen improvement out of DJ and Griffin, and I expect them both to grow as players this year as well, and the Spurs should be as steady as ever.

The Thunder still have a great roster with some talent, and Lamb and Adam may develop, but it looks like the Thunder might stagnant this year.

Captain Moroni
08-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Knicks will surprise everyone.

Captain Moroni
08-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Heat will be in the 6-8 range

koreancabbage
08-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Knicks will surprise everyone.

lol after that huge argument of whether the Knicks or the Raptors will finish first in their division.

I would believe will finish in the 6-8 range as well. just no diss. just all the factors of a new coach, new players, new system can surely slow them down at the beginning of the season.

I just want to see how fast Melo gets pissed off at Calderon for holding onto the ball too much.

Confusious
08-25-2014, 02:15 PM
West: I could see Dallas finishing 4th behind SA, LAC, OKC
East: I don't know. Chicago and Cleveland will obviously be the top 2. I think Charlotte could finish 3rd.
Lance isn't going to propel them to third. I see Toronto third, in all honesty. And I never thought I'd think that.

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 02:51 PM
knicks yo, just watch their podcast, the east is wide open, why not them? Melo is a top 3 player in the NBA.
Phil Jackson is magical, like I've been saying.

jericho
08-25-2014, 03:07 PM
knicks yo, just watch their podcast, the east is wide open, why not them? Melo is a top 3 player in the NBA.
Phil Jackson is magical, like I've been saying.

I know some of my fellow knicks fans are delusional but dude you need to stop trolling. First few days was fun but it got old.

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 03:09 PM
I know some of my fellow knicks fans are delusional but dude you need to stop trolling. First few days was fun but it got old.

Sorry I just read something in this other thread that was annoying to read. How THJR was a better shooter than Ross and the statistics support that ross is better, but knick fans will just quote me, fail to rebuttle, and just call me a knick hater. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?873656-Can-the-Knicks-turn-it-around-and-return-to-54-wins-like-during-12-13/page25

5ass
08-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Pistons. I believe they'll be top 5 on defense.

jericho
08-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Sorry I just read something in this other thread that was annoying to read. How THJR was a better shooter than Ross and the statistics support that ross is better, but knick fans will just quote me, fail to rebuttle, and just call me a knick hater. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?873656-Can-the-Knicks-turn-it-around-and-return-to-54-wins-like-during-12-13/page25

Oh i know most of us are extremely homers and believe we will over achieve. Some really want to see the starting line up to be:

PG Calderon
SG Smith
SF Melo
PF Bargs
C Stat

While it can be good offensively on defense it would be the worst starting 5 in the league and they don't want to see that. Plus i'm also on the side that believe that any Melo lead team will not win a championship. He is just a one dimensional chucker that doesn't get any of the blame in NY because he scores a lot. But anyways dude all you have to do is ignore us the trolling that your doing is just gonna get you unwanted attention. You know how we are we are hard headed and one of the most active fan bases on psd so you will get a lot of people attacking you for it. Just a friendly advice

PacersForLife
08-25-2014, 03:43 PM
I think the Bucks could sneak into the playoffs if they can stay healthy and out of trouble (Larry Sanders), I don't know if they necessarily want to be good yet though.

Lance isn't going to propel them to third.

I agree with this, I think Charlotte will be improved and could be somewhere around the 5th seed. I just don't see Lance as a guy that takes a team from a low playoff seed to top 3 or anything like that, but we'll see. It also doesn't help that they lost McRoberts, he was a good fit with that team.

nycericanguy
08-25-2014, 03:45 PM

who cares ? i've never seen a poster get so easily upset by what others post...lol.

There isn't enough of a sample size to say THJR or Ross is the better shooter... THJR shot it better than Ross his rookie year, and last year Ross shot it a bit better... at the end of the day... who cares?... You're talking a 1% difference for their career... so if someone says either has the better shot, then fine.

dalton749
08-25-2014, 03:47 PM
raptors will be in the running for the 1 seed, people will finally take them seriously

cssdmark
08-25-2014, 04:18 PM
The HEAT...

People think I am playing around, when I say NBA = Entertainment, and say things like, players are con-artist and they take orders.

The HEAT record (if they can stay somewhat healthy) will show some people (if they take the time to re-watch some of the HEAT loses last year), that the HEAT could have had a way better record last year and the years before.

Now that Lbj went back to Cleveland, I don't think the league will be interfering with the HEAT anymore (I could be wrong... They might wont Lbj to save face).. I agree with you regards the league interfering but they interfered with the Knicks. Now that Phil is there It should not happen and the a Knicks will be the three seed. I hate when the league does that crap.

R. Johnson#3
08-25-2014, 04:35 PM
The Heat will surprise a lot of people. Everyone expects them to be a borderline playoff team. It's like people don't realize that Chris Bosh is a pretty damn good 2nd option. If Wade stays healthy then they take 4th in the East.

R. Johnson#3
08-25-2014, 04:38 PM
raptors will be in the running for the 1 seed, people will finally take them seriously

I don't see us taking the 1st seed but I see us taking the division again.

TheNumber37
08-25-2014, 05:18 PM
As always the Knicks. Who are much better than they seem on paper

Jarvo
08-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Hornets
Pelicans
Blazers (Top 3-4 team in West)
Nuggets
Heat
Magic (Fun young team to watch)

InRoseWeTrust
08-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Pelicans are the first team that come to my mind. Getting Asik will allow them to let AD roam/help for blocks, and Jrue should be back. They'd be playoff locks in the East.

Seizabmc
08-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I think the nyk will surprise many.

The reason being that people are really under estimating what Phil Jackson will bring to the table.

The Knicks will be a top four team in the east and winners of the Atlantic division.

Besides my Knicks, I'll have to say Detroit, I think now that the pacers will be hurting this season, the positions might be in position to squeek into the post season.

And out west, I think if Kobe comes back strong, then the Lakers will surprise most.

I also think the raptors are going to surprise a lot of people with how poorly they will play this season.

And the wizards are going to be a scary team.

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Oh i know most of us are extremely homers and believe we will over achieve. Some really want to see the starting line up to be:

PG Calderon
SG Smith
SF Melo
PF Bargs
C Stat

While it can be good offensively on defense it would be the worst starting 5 in the league and they don't want to see that. Plus i'm also on the side that believe that any Melo lead team will not win a championship. He is just a one dimensional chucker that doesn't get any of the blame in NY because he scores a lot. But anyways dude all you have to do is ignore us the trolling that your doing is just gonna get you unwanted attention. You know how we are we are hard headed and one of the most active fan bases on psd so you will get a lot of people attacking you for it. Just a friendly advice

I appreciate you acknowledging that, you're right, I shoudlnt even bother especially with how active the fanbase is. No point activing posting with those who may be hard-headed either, and thanks again for the gesture.

I think the nyk will surprise many.

The reason being that people are really under estimating what Phil Jackson will bring to the table.

The Knicks will be a top four team in the east and winners of the Atlantic division.

Besides my Knicks, I'll have to say Detroit, I think now that the pacers will be hurting this season, the positions might be in position to squeek into the post season.

And out west, I think if Kobe comes back strong, then the Lakers will surprise most.

I also think the raptors are going to surprise a lot of people with how poorly they will play this season.

And the wizards are going to be a scary team.

I dont understand why the raptors would drop off so much, and the wizards will be scary??
The wizards and raptors barely made moves, but although the raptors remained the same, they improved their bench and defense. Washington lost Ariza, their best defender, and gained pierce at 38. I dont see how washington will be great. I dont thin NY will jump all the way the 4th with their defense.

Purple Monkey
08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
with an elite big man, a top tier SF, and improved deep shooting, if they pick up a defensive 4, and their move for a non-ball dominate point pans out. the Sacramento Kings are going to surprise people. cousins and gay both coming off team USA squad will be ready for action. eric moreland (summer league championship team standout) may just be the defensive 4 they are lacking. and the players all seem to be buying in to coach malone's system. a full year removed from looming relocation talks and crappy owners as well. watch out.

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 10:21 PM
When the kings get rondo in 2015, I see the kings making some noise.

east fb knicks
08-25-2014, 10:35 PM

:laugh::shush::laugh:

but knicks fans are delusional:pity:

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 10:40 PM

well it isnt all fans lol. But yeah, I agree it's delusional since chicago and cleveland are without a doubt, the top teams in the EAST atm.

east fb knicks
08-25-2014, 10:45 PM
well it isnt all fans lol. But yeah, I agree it's delusional since chicago and cleveland are without a doubt, the top teams in the EAST atm.

and the nets knicks:D hornets heat hawks are also better too just saying:shrug:

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM
and the nets knicks:D hornets heat hawks are also better too just saying:shrug:

I wouldnt say the nets and knicks are better, they should be the lower end of the 8th seed.
Hornets and heat do have the potential to finish higher than the raptors. As for Atlanta, it's possible, harford, teague and milsap is a nice cored, but I think the raptors youth is only getting better and better.

mightybosstone
08-25-2014, 10:50 PM

I will be.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Mavs will be really good this year

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I think the mavs will pass the clippers. Rick Carlise is an underrated coach.

FriedTofuz
08-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Nelson/Harris
Ellis
Parsons
Dirk
Chandler

Pretty damn good if you asked me. Dirk took a huge paycut.

east fb knicks
08-25-2014, 11:24 PM
I wouldnt say the nets and knicks are better, they should be the lower end of the 8th seed.
Hornets and heat do have the potential to finish higher than the raptors. As for Atlanta, it's possible, harford, teague and milsap is a nice cored, but I think the raptors youth is only getting better and better.

lmao bro like I've been telling your for weeks now the raptors don't have any good bigs except Jonas that's it

Vinny642
08-25-2014, 11:42 PM
I like the Mavs, dont really see them as a surprise though, I am expecting them to do really good.

I know homer, but the Pels are looking pretty f'ing nice.

And the Hornets should improve. Or even the Magic.

Also Minny wont be a playoff contender this season but the youth on that team, and the potential, MY GOD!

Corey
08-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Bucks won't make playoffs this upcoming season imo,but they will be what the Suns were in the West last year.
Well the Suns won 48 games..

lamzoka
08-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Dallas will be better than last year.

No freaking way, they will be one of the top 3 worst team in the league

dalton749
08-26-2014, 12:41 AM

since they have had their current roster, they have been the best team in the east
another year of getting better shouldnt change that until chicago and miami can get the kinks sorted out

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Mavs will be really good this year
I think the Mavs season will ultimately depend on which Tyson Chandler plays for them this season. If it's the peak Mavs/Knicks Tyson Chandler that's playing at an All-Defensive level and is playing freakishly efficient 10/10 basketball for 32-33 minutes per game for 70+ games, then Dallas could be really, really good. If it's the less efficient, less imposing defensive guy who missed 25+ games last year, then I don't see the Mavs being any better than last season.

dalton749
08-26-2014, 12:47 AM
lmao bro like I've been telling your for weeks now the raptors don't have any good bigs except Jonas that's it

and we've been telling you for weeks, your wrong
amir johnson is better than any big on the knicks, unless amare can be completely healthy

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 12:48 AM
I think the mavs will pass the clippers. Rick Carlise is an underrated coach.

Lol.

Paul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Felton/Nelson/Harris
Redick>Ellis
Barnes<<Parsons
Griffin>>>Dirk
DJ>>Chandler of last year. If he somehow bounces back to level of 2 years ago, he has a slight edge.

Carlisle may be underrated but Doc is a top tier coach as well.

Iron24th
08-26-2014, 12:52 AM
I think the Mavs season will ultimately depend on which Tyson Chandler plays for them this season. If it's the peak Mavs/Knicks Tyson Chandler that's playing at an All-Defensive level and is playing freakishly efficient 10/10 basketball for 32-33 minutes per game for 70+ games, then Dallas could be really, really good. If it's the less efficient, less imposing defensive guy who missed 25+ games last year, then I don't see the Mavs being any better than last season.

Houston fans feeling insecure talking about mavs

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Lol.

Redick>Ellis
Barnes<<Parsons
Griffin>>>Dirk
DJ>>Chandler of last year. If he somehow bounces back to level of 2 years ago, he has a slight edge.

While I agree with you that the Clippers are a better basketball team, I think you've really dumbed down the matchup. Basketball doesn't really work that way. Also, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the players. You're insinuating that Griffin is substantially better than Dirk, which simply isn't true. Also, you're stating that Reddick is better than Ellis, which I don't agree with (and that's coming from someone who has always disliked Ellis' game).

east fb knicks
08-26-2014, 01:39 AM
and we've been telling you for weeks, your wrong
amir johnson is better than any big on the knicks, unless amare can be completely healthy

but he is healthy lmao he's actually the in the best shape health wise since he's been on this team he finished the year great last year and was a big part of the reason we finished 16 6 and that's also why I say the knicks are the best team in that division we finally are going to see amare and melo healthy for the first time since they been here a healthy amare is a scary thing for the raptors amare always kills Johnson now add melo who is already a beast

you guys couldn't even stop joe lmao amare melo and finally a PURE PG in jc who is the
perfect fit for our system but even better he's a perfect fit for amare and melo to finally work

not only do we win our division but we are going to surprise a lot of people im low balling it at 45 wins understanding we need to learn the system and build chemistry but I think we have some fast learners and d fish is going to be the black phil Jackson jk maybe not him but he's going to do a great job

east fb knicks
08-26-2014, 01:45 AM
Lol.

Redick>Ellis
Barnes<<Parsons
Griffin>>>Dirk

the only major advantage is cp3 but parsons is also a major advantage over barnes I'd give dirk a slight advantage and the mavs have a better bench

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Griffen is not better than Dirk. Did people forget Dirk is a Hall of Famer, Griffin isnt there yet.
The major advantage the clipps have is CP3, undeniable talent, much better PG. As for Reddick being better than Ellis, I'd disagree, Ells was huge for the mavs this year. Parsons is easily better than barnes. DeAndre Jordan is better than Chandler, yup, but are good defensive players but yes the nod should be given to deAndre. The mavs do however, have a better bench than the clipps. I think it could be possible for the mavs to be the 3rd seed, but seeing as tthe clippers are proven so far, theyre most likely to remain at their top 3 seed.

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 02:24 AM
EastFB Knicks.
IF amare is healthy, like All Star healthy, then okay, then I could see The knicks being a top 4 seed.
Problem is, Amare hasnt been healthy in YEARS. I dont see why he'd magically become healthy, and regardless, he has had injuries and is older and regressed. I wouldnt expect him to be healthy all star that was on the suns.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 02:26 AM
While I agree with you that the Clippers are a better basketball team, I think you've really dumbed down the matchup. Basketball doesn't really work that way. Also, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the players. You're insinuating that Griffin is substantially better than Dirk, which simply isn't true. Also, you're stating that Reddick is better than Ellis, which I don't agree with (and that's coming from someone who has always disliked Ellis' game).

Look at the metrics of Redick vs Ellis, you may be surprised. Also Griffin isn't substantially better, but he's clearly surpassed Dirk and is the superior player.

Vinny642
08-26-2014, 02:27 AM
Griffen is not better than Dirk. Did people forget Dirk is a Hall of Famer, Griffin isnt there yet.
The major advantage the clipps have is CP3, undeniable talent, much better PG. As for Reddick being better than Ellis, I'd disagree, Ells was huge for the mavs this year. Parsons is easily better than barnes. DeAndre Jordan is better than Chandler, yup, but are good defensive players but yes the nod should be given to deAndre. The mavs do however, have a better bench than the clipps. I think it could be possible for the mavs to be the 3rd seed, but seeing as tthe clippers are proven so far, theyre most likely to remain at their top 3 seed.

I hate the Clips and Blake but come on now... Just because Dirk is a HoFer doesnt mean that Blake isnt better than he is right now. Dirk deserves all the respect he gets but still, if I had to pick either or for the next season I would take Blake.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 02:29 AM

I'm sorry but Dirk's career means jackshit in a H2H comparison for RIGHT NOW. Griffin was clearly the superior player last year. Did I say he's as great as Dirk's career? No. Also how is the Mavs bench better?

Crawford (won 6th man last year in arguably a career year), Hawes (13/8 last year), Farmar (10/5/3 last year), Dudley (has lost 20 lbs, may bounce back), Baby Davis, Bullock

is superior to

Felton, Harris, Crowder, Wright, Ledo, Jefferson, Johnson, Aminu. It's really not even that close.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Honestly the west is a cluster ****. Mo idea what is going to happen.

I like Orlando and Detroit for dark horse 8th seeds out East though lol. Very dark horse.

I think Brooklyn will surprise us with how terrible they are. I think/hope the Hornets and the Raptors will surprise some people (the latter through consistency, top 4 team for the next couple of years at least)

2-ONE-5
08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Dirk vs Griffin is really close after the season Griffin just had but with the game on the line which one are you giving the ball to? its Dirk 10 times out of 10.

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Look at the metrics of Redick vs Ellis, you may be surprised. Also Griffin isn't substantially better, but he's clearly surpassed Dirk and is the superior player.

Redick is the better shooter and the more efficient scorer, but Ellis does more on the basketball court and is a far more versatile offensive player. Also, I can actually trust Ellis to be healthy for a full season, whereas Redick has only played in 65+ games twice in two of his seven non-lockout-shortened seasons.

As for Dirk and Griffin, I'm not debating which guy is the better player. It's Grififn at this point in their careers. But it's not as significant as you're making it seem. They averaged nearly identical advanced stats last season. And while I give Blake the edge in terms of rebounding and passing, Dirk is still clearly the more skilled and versatile scorer. At some point, Griffin will be a far better player than Dirk, but that point was not last season.

mightybosstone
08-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Houston fans feeling insecure talking about mavs

Huh? Since when is me stating my honest opinion about a basketball team the same thing as me being insecure? I guess I'm insecure about every team in the league when I provide my opinion on what I think it will take for them to be successful.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 12:31 PM
The Ellis vs Redick comparison seems pointless to me. I mean Redick made some huge improvements defensively that very few give credit for. Meanwhile Ellis gets overrated because he gets a bunch of steals despite the fact he gets them from shooting the gap constantly and only has his *** covered when there's a good defensive big at the rim to tidy up his mistakes.

Redick is clearly the better shooter.
Ellis is clearly the better athlete.

Ellis clearly has an attitude problem, always has.
Redick is clearly a team player in the true sense.

I would take Redick, he's not prone to ball hogging, knows his role and embraces it. Ellis is overrated, flashy and fun to watch but can be streaky and is trash defensively.

Again though it seems like a pointless comparison. That match up thing ClipsFan did isn't exactly how games work lol.

Vinylman
08-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Step forward - Pelicans
Step back - Rockets

Goose17
08-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Step forward - Pelicans
Step back - Rockets

If we're 30 feet apart and I take one step back while you take one step forward, does that put you ahead of me? I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Phenomenonsense
08-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Depending on van gundy, the Pistons could be dramatically better.

Vinylman
08-26-2014, 03:37 PM
If we're 30 feet apart and I take one step back while you take one step forward, does that put you ahead of me? I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

the question is who would be the surprises...

Pelicans will be better ... Rockets will be worse than expected

I apologize for using an old saying ... I forget how young some people on PSD are.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 03:48 PM
the question is who would be the surprises...

Pelicans will be better ... Rockets will be worse than expected

I apologize for using an old saying ... I forget how young some people on PSD are.

My bad I thought you were making a dig at Houston or saying Pelicans were going to be significantly better or something. Due to posts prior to yours.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Redick is the better shooter and the more efficient scorer, but Ellis does more on the basketball court and is a far more versatile offensive player. Also, I can actually trust Ellis to be healthy for a full season, whereas Redick has only played in 65+ games twice in two of his seven non-lockout-shortened seasons.

As for Dirk and Griffin, I'm not debating which guy is the better player. It's Grififn at this point in their careers. But it's not as significant as you're making it seem. They averaged nearly identical advanced stats last season. And while I give Blake the edge in terms of rebounding and passing, Dirk is still clearly the more skilled and versatile scorer. At some point, Griffin will be a far better player than Dirk, but that point was not last season.

Which I never said. "Far better" is pretty strong language and would be exaggerating. I said "clearly", simply meaning that most people would admit Blake was better last season. Ellis pumps out more volume because of his MUCH MUCH larger usage, possessions etc. Redick managed to be nearly as productive (raw) in far less minutes, with far less shots and touches and superior when it comes to metrics by a long shot.

JustinTime
08-26-2014, 05:16 PM
The Cavs, I think they'll be surprisingly bad.

Vinylman
08-26-2014, 05:27 PM
My bad I thought you were making a dig at Houston or saying Pelicans were going to be significantly better or something. Due to posts prior to yours.

nah... Houston will have problems because guys like howard and harden don't do well with adversity... of course some of that can be offset if the young guys develop but i don't really see it happening

Anyway, I am sure someone will be asking for McHales head by Christmas

j-bay
08-26-2014, 05:44 PM
The Wizards. We will be 3rd seed. Many people here think the Hornets and Heat will be 3. Nah. The Hornets are good but at best they are 5. Stephenson pushes them past the 7-8. The Heat they are a 4-6 seed.

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 06:49 PM
No way the wizards are at the 3rd seed. Their roaster is nearly the same and downgraded defensively, they're not a better team than last season.

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Just because washington played better as the season was drawing near, doesnt mean they're going to skyrocket to a 3rd seed. You have to remember howe well the hornets were playing as well, the hornets added much more significant upgrades to their team than both toronto and washington. They added a 15/5/5 player + a PF projected to be top 4, along with a healthy al jeff to their already existing team, that team wil lbe much better than the wizards.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Wade is gonna lead the Heat to be a top 3 seed imo, that's if he can stay healthy of course.

He's easily still among the elite-caliber type players.

SPURSFAN1
08-26-2014, 07:04 PM
I would take Dirk over Blake. Blake and Dwight are about equal to me. I would take Blake just because he ain't an idiot off the court.

Jamiecballer
08-26-2014, 07:22 PM
You could make a strong case the Knicks have zero. They don't have a single big that isn't atrocious on one end or the other.

JustinTime
08-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Just because washington played better as the season was drawing near, doesnt mean they're going to skyrocket to a 3rd seed. You have to remember howe well the hornets were playing as well, the hornets added much more significant upgrades to their team than both toronto and washington. They added a 15/5/5 player + a PF projected to be top 4, along with a healthy al jeff to their already existing team, that team wil lbe much better than the wizards.

They lost McRoberts though he was 10/6/5 per 36 minutes.

j-bay
08-26-2014, 07:25 PM
No way the wizards are at the 3rd seed. Their roaster is nearly the same and downgraded defensively, they're not a better team than last season.

They may have downgraded but Ariza for 4 years wasn't worth 32 mil. Pierce is not the same guy we know that. However Pierce won't have the pressure he had with the Nets. The Wizards are relying on Wall and Beal, just like the Raptors are relying on Lowry and DD. As for the Hornets and Heat, I like the Hornets. I think they have something good going. But I would like to see a little development from the younger guys before I decide. Another thing I would like to see is how Stephenson does as a leader. Stephenson didn't have to worry about being a leader in Indiana. As for Miami, I think D-Wade will be good, but injury will still hold him back. As for Bosh, lets see if he can step up.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 07:28 PM
I would take Dirk over Blake. Blake and Dwight are about equal to me. I would take Blake just because he ain't an idiot off the court.

You can take whoever YOU want, doesn't change who was the better or more productive player last season.

SPURSFAN1
08-26-2014, 07:41 PM
You can take whoever YOU want, doesn't change who was the better or more productive player last season.

I'd take a season vet and champion over a second round bust. High IQ players are rare in today's NBA. They don't need to be athletic to have a high impact on a game. Sure, he had a down year, but which player doesn't. I'd take Dirk for the 2014/2015 season no doubt.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 08:40 PM
I'd take a season vet and champion over a second round bust. High IQ players are rare in today's NBA. They don't need to be athletic to have a high impact on a game. Sure, he had a down year, but which player doesn't. I'd take Dirk for the 2014/2015 season no doubt.

Dirk didn't have a down year, he's on the decline. Still a star/franchise player... But Blake was better and it has nothing to do with athleticism. It has to do with being a better rebounder, passer, defender and scorer.

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 08:42 PM
They may have downgraded but Ariza for 4 years wasn't worth 32 mil. Pierce is not the same guy we know that. However Pierce won't have the pressure he had with the Nets. The Wizards are relying on Wall and Beal, just like the Raptors are relying on Lowry and DD. As for the Hornets and Heat, I like the Hornets. I think they have something good going. But I would like to see a little development from the younger guys before I decide. Another thing I would like to see is how Stephenson does as a leader. Stephenson didn't have to worry about being a leader in Indiana. As for Miami, I think D-Wade will be good, but injury will still hold him back. As for Bosh, lets see if he can step up.

I stopped reading after there. The Raptors have more than just Lowry and DD, Both Ross and JV are 2nd year players, Ross just came off a season where he had a career high of 51 pts, JV had beasted in the playoffs and has already gotten both stronger and faster. The raptors have much more youth, and development to look forward to. I see Beal getting bettter but he will not be an allstar next year. LOwry has a better chance than Beal at making the team. I dont think the raptors will be that good, but since the Atlantic is soooo weak, they should be the 4th seed at worst. Stephenson isnt going to have to worry about being a leader in Charolette.Walker is a leader, he's a winner and an NCAA champion, Dont worry about leadership from stephenson. He wont have to continue it.

FriedTofuz
08-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Heat or Hornets will be the 3rd seed, Im leaning towards the Hornets at this point since I dont know what kind of health issues D-wade will have this time.

Cleveland
Chicago
Charolette
Toronto
Miami
Washington
Atlanta
(NY or BKN)

SPURSFAN1
08-26-2014, 08:50 PM
Dirk didn't have a down year, he's on the decline. Still a star/franchise player... But Blake was better and it has nothing to do with athleticism. It has to do with being a better rebounder, passer, defender and scorer.

People were putting the coffin on the spurs in 2009/2010 with TD playing subpar. Then they lost again in the first round the next year. Guess what followed next? 3 Absolute stellar years and winning a championship. Allnba first team. Who's to say Dirk can't go back to being old dirk?

2-ONE-5
08-26-2014, 09:38 PM

dirk didnt have a down year he was great.

2-ONE-5
08-26-2014, 09:39 PM

who you giving the ball to in crunch time dirk or blake?

SPURSFAN1
08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
dirk didnt have a down year he was great.

In the playoffs he did. I could careless about regular season stats.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 10:32 PM
who you giving the ball to in crunch time dirk or blake?

How is that a fair comparison? Dirk is a shooting big who plays more like a giant guard. Never denied he's more clutch or can score in more ways. Doesn't make him a better player. Not to mention Dirk is a seasoned vet, Blake is a young star still likely far from his peak.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Spurs Dirk is still a top tier player, what is there to go back to? The guy is aging and declining. Just because Duncan's still a great player doesn't mean he's in his prime. Who cares what people think about them being finished etc. That's irrelevant because nobody here is bagging on Dirk. He's still awesome.

SPURSFAN1
08-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Spurs Dirk is still a top tier player, what is there to go back to? The guy is aging and declining. Just because Duncan's still a great player doesn't mean he's in his prime. Who cares what people think about them being finished etc. That's irrelevant because nobody here is bagging on Dirk. He's still awesome.

I wasn't talking about primes.

MrfadeawayJB
08-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Is it possible all the teams in the southwest division make the playoffs?

Spurs
Rockets
Mavs
Grizz
Pelicans

I think Dallas and New Orleans improve, while the rockets take a step back. The grizz record should improve with a healthy Gasol, and the spurs are reigning champs.

benzni
08-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Wizards make ECF and possibly win the series
Pelicans make the playoffs. Surprised to see this many people picking them too. I think they are a deep and talented team. Crazy good frontcourt

FriedTofuz
08-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Pelicans make the playoffs. Surprised to see this many people picking them too. I think they are a deep and talented team. Crazy good frontcourt

jesus

FriedTofuz
08-27-2014, 01:02 AM
To be honest, If I wanted to win a championship ASAP and sacrifice the future ( kind of like the nets did)
I would take Dirk over Griffin-- strictly in terms of who would get a championship quicker. But In the general way of speaking, why would you want a 30 something year old when you have young and developing griffin.

east fb knicks
08-27-2014, 01:14 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the wiz in the finals they are the 3rd best team in the east imo

Clippersfan86
08-27-2014, 01:16 AM
To be honest, If I wanted to win a championship ASAP and sacrifice the future ( kind of like the nets did)
I would take Dirk over Griffin-- strictly in terms of who would get a championship quicker. But In the general way of speaking, why would you want a 30 something year old when you have young and developing griffin.

I'd agree for the simple fact that Dirk is one of the best playoff performers in NBA history. For a playoff series I'd still prefer Dirk as the go to. But on a nightly basis, Griffin is a more consistent contributor at this point.

FriedTofuz
08-27-2014, 01:19 AM
I dont understand people's infatuation with the wizards. where were yall before they beat the bulls? :laugh2:
I'd still argue that both The Hornets, Heat and Raptors are better than them.

FriedTofuz
08-27-2014, 01:21 AM
If Toronto played Washington in the playoffs, and beat them in a series, would yall be on washington's bandwagon ? I dont think so. The raptors matched up very well against the wizards, they barely grinded out a triple-OT game against the raptors who had nearly all their productive players fouled out. If it wasnt for the nets tanking, Washington would've gotten taken care of in 6 by Toronto. Then I'd see zero of these " Washington is the 3rd seed" comments. Smh. Washington has beal and wall, but a lot of other teams in the nba have better, just saying.

Vinny642
08-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Anthony Davis man.... smh

dalton749
08-27-2014, 02:41 AM
If Toronto played Washington in the playoffs, and beat them in a series, would yall be on washington's bandwagon ? I dont think so. The raptors matched up very well against the wizards, they barely grinded out a triple-OT game against the raptors who had nearly all their productive players fouled out. If it wasnt for the nets tanking, Washington would've gotten taken care of in 6 by Toronto. Then I'd see zero of these " Washington is the 3rd seed" comments. Smh. Washington has beal and wall, but a lot of other teams in the nba have better, just saying.

i like this
chicago was riding a success story that wasnt possible in the playoffs, yea noah and thibs were great for them in the regular season, but that team was not winning a full playoff series against anybody.
indiana was absolute trash yet still managed to beat washington.
if toronto or brooklyn played any of those teams they would have came out on top.

torocan
08-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Pelicans in the West. Detroit in the East. Both those teams are flying under the radar right now and have potential to surprise.

todu82
08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Minnesota.

KnicksorBust
08-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Washington is now overrated. No guarantee they even make 2nd round.

I could see the Bobcats finally doing some damage.

Oefarmy2005
08-28-2014, 09:28 AM
I think my Wolves have a chance to be better than people think if Wiggins plays well early. Otherwise, I'd go with either NOP or the Wizards - I think both are primed to take a huge leap.

Knicks Boogie
08-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Knicks will win the Atlantic and be at least the 3rd seed and here is why:

JC........Larkin.......Pablo
Jr.........Timmy......Shump
Melo...Shump......Early
Bargs..J.Smith......Acy
Amare..Dally........Aldridge

Coaching staff and GM combine for around 18 championships
Rambis and company will help Fisher implement the triangle offense and sub out players not defending during games.

Amare is a nightmare for any center (see almost MVP year in 2010 at center for Knicks) and is stronger than Bargs.
Suns best years when they eliminated the Phil Jackson coached Lakers, Amare was at center with a PG similar to Calderón in Nash. Phil even said he likes Stat at center.

Bargs is a better one on one defender out to the perimeter to guard the modern day shooting, slashing PFs like Love, LA, Milsap, Ibaka. Plus Bargs skill set on offense is better served at PF while Amare controls the paint.

Melo is an underrated defender and Shump/Early off the bench behind him makes for a good combination of offense/defense at the wing.

Jr/Timmy/Shump..... if one is not keeping up on D, they have the luxury to sub in someone who will. Very deep at SG.

Calderon is as good as Nash was on D and almost as crafty as he was on offense/floor vision. Larkin/Pablo are very good defenders and shoot a high percentage from the field. Larkin even brings a good mix of speed and driving to the rim that JC/Pablo don't. Good PG rotation.

Bottom line.... if you're not playing D to Fishers standards, he will pull you because the Knicks are deep enough to have another guy who is starter material coming off the bench.

That will make this otherwise weak defensive starting lineup play harder on D.

With that starting linup, it will be hard for other teams to keep up anyway.

Name other team in the NBA that has a better offensive lineup than JC, Jr, Melo, Bargs, Amare other than Cleveland?

Every player in that lineup is capable of giving you 20+ on any given night and the Triangle will only make them even harder to defend!

2-ONE-5
08-28-2014, 02:39 PM
^pure comedy

SPURSFAN1
08-28-2014, 02:42 PM

Melo...Shump......Early
Bargs..J.Smith......Acy

Rambis and company will help Fisher implement the triangle offense and sub out players not defending during games.

Amare is a nightmare for any center (see almost MVP year in 2010 at center for Knicks) and is stronger than Bargs.
Suns best years when they eliminated the Phil Jackson coached Lakers, Amare was at center with a PG similar to Calderón in Nash. Phil even said he likes Stat at center.

Bargs is a better one on one defender out to the perimeter to guard the modern day shooting, slashing PFs like Love, LA, Milsap, Ibaka. Plus Bargs skill set on offense is better served at PF while Amare controls the paint.

Melo is an underrated defender and Shump/Early off the bench behind him makes for a good combination of offense/defense at the wing.

Jr/Timmy/Shump..... if one is not keeping up on D, they have the luxury to sub in someone who will. Very deep at SG.

Calderon is as good as Nash was on D and almost as crafty as he was on offense/floor vision. Larkin/Pablo are very good defenders and shoot a high percentage from the field. Larkin even brings a good mix of speed and driving to the rim that JC/Pablo don't. Good PG rotation.

Bottom line.... if you're not playing D to Fishers standards, he will pull you because the Knicks are deep enough to have another guy who is starter material coming off the bench.

Name other team in the NBA that has a better offensive lineup than JC, Jr, Melo, Bargs, Amare other than Cleveland?

Every player in that lineup is capable of giving you 20+ on any given night and the Triangle will only make them even harder to defend!

Why do people name the whole roster as if too say their is "lots" of talent there. The knicks don't.

smith&wesson
08-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Hornets.

Jamiecballer
08-28-2014, 04:09 PM

Melo...Shump......Early
Bargs..J.Smith......Acy

is there some kind of disease that renders someone completely incapable of seeing anything but the positives parts of a players game while completely ignoring the whole?

that team looks very poor on paper. you don't have a single good two way player in that starting 5.

Rockice_8
08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm shocked by how many people think the Heat will be good. I had them out of the playoffs prior to the George injury now with INDY probably slipping out they'll find their way back in as a 7th-8th seed at best.

McRoberts and Granger are not good additions. Granger is at best a 10th man at this point and McRoberts is decent but is more of a bench player than a good starter. CHAR, TOR, WAS, BK, ATL are probably all better.

Wade is not going to be able to hold up considering they'll need him to be the primary perimeter ball handler rather than coast along as he's been doing with Lebron. Nobody else can consistently break down the defense outside of him so a lot is riding on him to shoulder the load. That is asking a lot out of him.

SportsFanatic10
08-29-2014, 09:58 AM
i think denver will have a much better season and maybe surprise some people, with gallinari and mcgee back and with afflalo now. in the east i'll say atlanta, they really have an underrated roster and horford will be back from injury too.

Knicks Boogie
08-29-2014, 10:20 AM
What's comedy is that people rate the Bulls so high and think Glass Joe Rose is taking them higher than Wade can take the Heat who have been in the finals the last 4 years straight. L.Deng is still a good SF to put next to Wade and Bosh.

What is also comedy is that no one seems to remember that the Knicks just won 54 games over the Bulls and were 2nd in the East in 2013.

People say the Knicks don't have 2 way players but Dunlevy, McBuckets, A.Brooks and Rose if he is healthy are their only scorers.

The Spurs just proved that a great offensive system can defeat a great defense. Spurs defense is not that good but their offensive system steamrolls even the best defenses.

With players like Melo, Jr, Amare, Bargs, Timmy all who can and have put up 20+ on any given game and defenders like Dalembert, Shumpert, Prigioni, Acy, Larkin, Early, Jason Smith and Cole Aldridge the Knicks have a good mix.

I'm keeping all the na sayer post until after the season then I'm calling you out for doubting what Phil has put in place.

No bandwagon Knicks fans..... I'm watching and I'm calling you out.

SportsFanatic10
08-29-2014, 11:03 AM
What's comedy is that people rate the Bulls so high and think Glass Joe Rose is taking them higher than Wade can take the Heat who have been in the finals the last 4 years straight. L.Deng is still a good SF to put next to Wade and Bosh.

What is also comedy is that no one seems to remember that the Knicks just won 54 games over the Bulls and were 2nd in the East in 2013.

People say the Knicks don't have 2 way players but Dunlevy, McBuckets, A.Brooks and Rose if he is healthy are their only scorers.

The Spurs just proved that a great offensive system can defeat a great defense. Spurs defense is not that good but their offensive system steamrolls even the best defenses.

With players like Melo, Jr, Amare, Bargs, Timmy all who can and have put up 20+ on any given game and defenders like Dalembert, Shumpert, Prigioni, Acy, Larkin, Early, Jason Smith and Cole Aldridge the Knicks have a good mix.

I'm keeping all the na sayer post until after the season then I'm calling you out for doubting what Phil has put in place.

No bandwagon Knicks fans..... I'm watching and I'm calling you out.

fully agree with this...people can't assume rose will make it all the way back to his old self. sure he's rusty but he looks brutal for team usa right now. he's lost his confidence in his legs and some of his aggression because of it. everyone thinks wade's so broken down but i think he'll have the better season between the two.

2-ONE-5
08-29-2014, 11:14 AM
easy to have good numbers on paper when you only play 50-60 games like Wade will

SportsFanatic10
08-29-2014, 11:18 AM
easy to have good numbers on paper when you only play 50-60 games like Wade will

who's to say rose will play more than that...and my guess for wade is min 65 but we'll see it's all guess work. you're talking like it's an absolute. and it's not so easy breaks or not when he's playing on a knee that's constantly grinding bone on bone, but it's gonna be fun to see how it plays out.

Knicks Boogie
08-29-2014, 12:02 PM
If I had to sign one on my team it would be Wade over Rose at this point. Wade is still only 31 and knows his body, knows how to turn it on and off and is a much better defender and rebounder and shot blocker and 3 time champ / hall of famer

D Rose is none of that and never will be.

Nash has 2 or 3 MVPs but will never win a ring so please don't mention MVP.

Knicks Boogie
08-29-2014, 12:02 PM
2013.. 54 win season vs 2014-15 team

54 win Knicks season 2013 lineup:

Starters were:

Felton............................................ PG
39 year old J.Kidd..........................SG
Shumpert off knee surgery...........SF
Melo(scoring champ)....................PF
Chandler.........................................C

Jr Smith 6th man of the year.

Bench... Novak(now with the Raptors and never even sees the court), Prigioni,
38 year old Rasheed Wallace("Ball Don't Lie"), 36 year old Kenyon Martin, 39 year old Kurt Thomas, James White, Amare and Copeland.*

2013-14 Chandler broke his leg at the beginning of the season, Felton broke his hand, Shumpert, Jr and Amare all had knee surgery over the 2013 summer. Bargs fractured his elbow but was playing much better than Novak played for the Raptors. Rookie Timmy Hardaway and young big Cole Aldridge had to play big minutes in Woodsons iso system. When everyone returned healthy the Knicks finished 16-6 with Hawks getting in playoffs over them by half game, 2-2 against the Raptors and Bulls for the season. 3-1 against Nets.

2014-15 Starters
Calderón. .........................PG
Jr.Smith............................SG
Melo..................................SF
Bargnani. ..........................PF
Amare. ..............................C

Much better coaching staff / triangle system which has won 11 championships lately and GM Phil Jackson (enough said)

Everyone coming into camp healthy

upgrade at pg

Deep at SG

Melo in the best shape of his life

A better shot blocking corp of bigs*

Amare healthy and in a contract year

more shooters in the rotation than the 54 win season team

More depth and youth than the 54 win season with Timmy(O), Acy(D), Larkin(2way), Jason Smith(2way), Dalembert (D), Early (2way), Outlaw(2way) and Prigioni (2way)

Don't tell me this is not a better team than the 54 win team....its not even close!

Silent
08-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Hornets And Pelicans

2-ONE-5
08-29-2014, 12:26 PM
2013.. 54 win season vs 2014-15 team

54 win Knicks season 2013 lineup:

Starters were:

Felton............................................ PG
39 year old J.Kidd..........................SG
Shumpert off knee surgery...........SF
Melo(scoring champ)....................PF
Chandler.........................................C

Jr Smith 6th man of the year.

Bench... Novak(now with the Raptors and never even sees the court), Prigioni,
38 year old Rasheed Wallace("Ball Don't Lie"), 36 year old Kenyon Martin, 39 year old Kurt Thomas, James White, Amare and Copeland.*

2013-14 Chandler broke his leg at the beginning of the season, Felton broke his hand, Shumpert, Jr and Amare all had knee surgery over the 2013 summer. Bargs fractured his elbow but was playing much better than Novak played for the Raptors. Rookie Timmy Hardaway and young big Cole Aldridge had to play big minutes in Woodsons iso system. When everyone returned healthy the Knicks finished 16-6 with Hawks getting in playoffs over them by half game, 2-2 against the Raptors and Bulls for the season. 3-1 against Nets.

2014-15 Starters
Calderón. .........................PG
Jr.Smith............................SG
Melo..................................SF
Bargnani. ..........................PF
Amare. ..............................C

Much better coaching staff / triangle system which has won 11 championships lately and GM Phil Jackson (enough said)

Everyone coming into camp healthy

upgrade at pg

Deep at SG

Melo in the best shape of his life

A better shot blocking corp of bigs*

Amare healthy and in a contract year

more shooters in the rotation than the 54 win season team

More depth and youth than the 54 win season with Timmy(O), Acy(D), Larkin(2way), Jason Smith(2way), Dalembert (D), Early (2way), Outlaw(2way) and Prigioni (2way)

Don't tell me this is not a better team than the 54 win team....its not even close!

lol seriously homer give it a break. you made this same exact post in one of the other threads. we get it you think the knicks are good so enjoy that thought will it lasts bcuz it wont be for much longer

Sanjay
08-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Hornets could make a run in the East playoffs if Jefferson is healthy.

DemarDerozan
08-30-2014, 04:11 AM
Hornets, Pelicans, Suns, or Pistons.

Munkeysuit
08-30-2014, 06:34 AM
I want to say the Toronto Raptors or Denver Nuggets, but I think ultimately it will be the Utah Jazz

Knicks Boogie
08-30-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm no more of a Knicks homer than all these Bulls fans talking about their the best team in the East based on the return of D.Rose who hasn't played in 2 years and is looking like he could snap his knee any day now. Bulls fans hype McBuckets who hasn't played a single game in the real NBA yet Timmy Hardaway just dropped 23 on the Bulls in a Knicks win just last season as a rookie.

No more of a Homer than Raptors fans who think that Lowry will perform like he did last season again. He is very inconsistent and did the same thing in his contract year at Houston. Raptors like the Bulls don't have the depth that the Knicks have nor the coaching staff and lets not down play the guidance of Phil *#$*fu*#$%* Jackson.

Believe what you want but I've been a Knicks fan since they won a chip last 1973 and watched how Phil built those chip teams around MJ in 90s.

Raptors have NO chips and Bulls haven't had any in 20 years.

dalton749
08-30-2014, 12:19 PM
This guy is hilarious. Especially with this depth crap. Toronto has one of the best benches in the league, the Knicks have a bunch of guys who would be in suits every night on most other nba teams

Jamiecballer
08-30-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm no more of a Knicks homer than all these Bulls fans talking about their the best team in the East based on the return of D.Rose who hasn't played in 2 years and is looking like he could snap his knee any day now. Bulls fans hype McBuckets who hasn't played a single game in the real NBA yet Timmy Hardaway just dropped 23 on the Bulls in a Knicks win just last season as a rookie.

No more of a Homer than Raptors fans who think that Lowry will perform like he did last season again. He is very inconsistent and did the same thing in his contract year at Houston. Raptors like the Bulls don't have the depth that the Knicks have nor the coaching staff and lets not down play the guidance of Phil *#$*fu*#$%* Jackson.

Believe what you want but I've been a Knicks fan since they won a chip last 1973 and watched how Phil built those chip teams around MJ in 90s.

Raptors have NO chips and Bulls haven't had any in 20 years.
The difference if you haven't noticed is that there seems to consensus that Chicago is one of the top 2-3 teams in the East and the Raptors top 5 or so.

So explain to us again how these other fans are being homers when most agree with them. The only person making outlandish claims is you. A whole bunch of half players does not make a whole.

JustinTime
08-30-2014, 02:41 PM
I think my Wolves have a chance to be better than people think if Wiggins plays well early. Otherwise, I'd go with either NOP or the Wizards - I think both are primed to take a huge leap.

Call me crazy but I think Anthony Bennett getting back on track is almost more important than Wiggins or Lavine playing above expectations. Anthony Bennett is a unique player who can cause a lot of match up problems if he turns it around. He's 6'8 and built with a 7'2 wingspan and a pretty good vertical. There are not a lot of guys like that who can shoot and post in the NBA.

Confusious
08-30-2014, 02:58 PM
fully agree with this...people can't assume rose will make it all the way back to his old self. sure he's rusty but he looks brutal for team usa right now. he's lost his confidence in his legs and some of his aggression because of it. everyone thinks wade's so broken down but i think he'll have the better season between the two.
The Bulls still make the playoffs without their #1 superstar year after year. That is why people love the Bulls. They have pure tenacity and will. And that comes moreso from their true leader, JoNo. Not Rose. They're better off trading Rose for a package featuring but not limited to Goran Dragic. But that's just my opinion.

Clearly they'll never do it, and it'll be a mistake.

Call me crazy but I think Anthony Bennett getting back on track is almost more important than Wiggins or Lavine playing above expectations. Anthony Bennett is a unique player who can cause a lot of match up problems if he turns it around. He's 6'8 and built with a 7'2 wingspan and a pretty good vertical. There are not a lot of guys like that who can shoot and post in the NBA.
If the summer league camp is ANY indicator, it seems like he looks like the player that the Cavaliers drafted him to be. The jury is still very out on it, but I hope he turns it around and becomes elite alongside Wiggins. I genuinely hope he does.

If the Wolves are better than we all expect them to be, I can only surmise that Wiggins and Bennett will be the huge difference makers. Young will be good for them too.

flea
08-30-2014, 03:08 PM
The Bulls still make the playoffs without their #1 superstar year after year. That is why people love the Bulls. They have pure tenacity and will. And that comes moreso from their true leader, JoNo. Not Rose. They're better off trading Rose for a package featuring but not limited to Goran Dragic. But that's just my opinion.

Why on earth would the Suns trade an efficient scoring guard in his prime for an athlete with bad knees? You could make the argument that Dragic had as good of a season last year as Rose did in his MVP season despite a 7% lower USG% - especially when you take into account the conference, the offensive ratings of each team, and how it was the defense (1st in league) that truly led the way for that Bulls team.

JustinTime
08-30-2014, 03:12 PM

If the summer league camp is ANY indicator, it seems like he looks like the player that the Cavaliers drafted him to be. The jury is still very out on it, but I hope he turns it around and becomes elite alongside Wiggins. I genuinely hope he does.

If the Wolves are better than we all expect them to be, I can only surmise that Wiggins and Bennett will be the huge difference makers. Young will be good for them too.

Lavine looks like a steal too although I can see him being an attitude problem down the line. Young, Wiggins, and Bennett all seem pretty likeable though.

Cal827
08-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Lol, I don't think the OP intended to troll with this one, but I guess some others look at it as such :facepalm:

Anyways, I think a team that might surprise are the Pistons. They have good pieces, just lacking the proper coaching schemes to use them properly. SVG I think will really speed up Drummond's development, and could also work well with Monroe (assuming he's still there at the start). If he holds Josh/Jennings accountable for when they are struggling, then that team could quite possibly make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

Shammyguy3
08-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Atlanta could flirt with HCA in the East; I think if healthy they'll be a better team than CHA and pending on how many games Wade plays, the Hawks may end up winning more games than the Heat

Knicks Boogie
08-30-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree, Pistons are better than people think and with PG out definitely better than the Pacers who might be the worst team in the East now after giving away Granger and Lance and losing PG.

East.....
Cavs
Knicks
Heat
Wizards
Hornets
Bulls (could drop if Rose keeps playing the way he has been playing with US team or out every other game)
Raptors
Pistons/Nets

I think the Pistons and the Nets will battle for the last playoff slot. My money is on Pistons. SVG is a good coach.

West....
Clippers
Thunder
Spurs
Blazers
GS
NO
Memphis
Dallas/Twolves(Dangerous young team)

We will see.... I can't wait!

Confusious
08-30-2014, 03:49 PM
I agree, Pistons are better than people think and with PG out definitely better than the Pacers who might be the worst team in the East now after giving away Granger and Lance and losing PG.

East.....
Cavs
Knicks
Heat
Wizards
Hornets
Bulls (could drop if Rose keeps playing the way he has been playing with US team or out every other game)
Raptors
Pistons/Nets

I think the Pistons and the Nets will battle for the last playoff slot. My money is on Pistons. SVG is a good coach.

West....
Clippers
Thunder
Spurs
Blazers
GS
NO
Memphis

LOL. The homerism is through the roof, jesus. You'd be lucky getting a playoff spot, boy. Getting the #2 seed is absolutely, irrevocably DELUSIONAL.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Atlanta could flirt with HCA in the East; I think if healthy they'll be a better team than CHA and pending on how many games Wade plays, the Hawks may end up winning more games than the Heat

Way to be objective!

IversonIsKrazy
08-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Nuggets.

FriedTofuz
08-30-2014, 05:10 PM

PG Calderon
SG Smith
SF Melo
PF Bargs
C Stat

That's probably an understatement.

Lol, I don't think the OP intended to troll with this one, but I guess some others look at it as such :facepalm:

Anyways, I think a team that might surprise are the Pistons. They have good pieces, just lacking the proper coaching schemes to use them properly. SVG I think will really speed up Drummond's development, and could also work well with Monroe (assuming he's still there at the start). If he holds Josh/Jennings accountable for when they are struggling, then that team could quite possibly make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

You need to give these accusations a rest, I dont need to see you comments about these things, I was never trolling with any thread that I created. Instead of trying to overanalyze my posts, go do something better with your life, I'm really not worth it. :laugh2:

East.....
Cavs
Knicks
Heat
Wizards
Hornets
Raptors
Pistons/Nets

West....
Clippers
Thunder
Spurs
Blazers
GS
NO
Memphis

This is why no one can take the Knicks Fanbase Seriously. They're lucky to make the playoffs, if they do make it, it'll be the 8th seed.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the Knicks got worse since last year?

flea
08-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the Knicks got worse since last year?

Nah everyone but Knicks fans pretty much think that. The problem is that this thread is full of Knicks fans who think Cleanthony Early is the next Kevin Love, Hardaway Jr. the next Reggie Miller, and Jose Calderon is a prime Jason Kidd.

FriedTofuz
08-31-2014, 03:21 AM
nah everyone but knicks fans pretty much think that. The problem is that this thread is full of knicks fans who think cleanthony early is the next kevin love, hardaway jr. The next reggie miller, and jose calderon is a prime jason kidd.

lolol. +1

IgglesFanInCO
08-31-2014, 05:28 AM
Nuggets are only slept on because their entire team was injured last year so everyone thinks they are a lot worse than they are, they will be in the playoffs as a darkhorse

Purple Monkey
08-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Kings!!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2014, 11:07 AM
"If" Bucks get a sign and trade for Bledsoe. There's a [chance] we could end up 8th seed in "weak" east. :cheers: Even though new owners said the rebuild project could be a 3-5 years plan.

theheatles
08-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Heat because they are going to win the championship and then Bron will be 2 down to Wade.

FriedTofuz
09-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Heat because they are going to win the championship and then Bron will be 2 down to Wade.

With wade and Bosh, the heat can be a top 3 team but that depends ( heavily) on the health of DWADE and his knees.

Knicks Boogie
09-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Wade and Bosh are a number 3 team but the Knicks barely make the playoffs huh?

Did all 4 of the total Raptors fans just start watching NBA basketball last season or what?

I Bet you think Rose will be MVP again this year too...... SMH

Knicks Boogie
09-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Quit reading Chad Ford..... Please