PDA

View Full Version : Who's in a better position moving forward: Wiggins vs Parker

Shammyguy3
08-24-2014, 12:35 PM
With the Wiggins to MIN trade being official, and with the Wiggins vs Parker debate being a popular ticket item dating back to a year ago, I wanted to ask the masses who they thought was in a better position moving forward for the next 7ish years with their respective teams. (Better position for the player mostly, not for their respective teams).

Wiggins is now in Minnesota, he has a few young players next to him that are locked in long-term (Bennett, Lavine, Dieng) along with Rubio who's future is up in the air. Minnesota's in the western conference and has Flip Saunders currently as their coach (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Parker is in Milwaukee and the weaker eastern conference, he has a few young players himself next to him in Antetokounmpo and Henson. Milwaukee just fired their old HC Drew in order to come to terms with Jason Kidd.

So, who does everyone think is in a better position? Why? Is that a question that really should be split into two parts, better position this upcoming season and then better position 5+ years from now? Is there any other particular variable that hasn't been mentioned yet that tips the scale towards one player or the other?

GREATNESS ONE
08-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Wiggins has a better opportunity to succeed with a new young roster around him.

Good for Wolves fans.

PhillyFaninLA
08-24-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't trust either organization so its hard to say.

I am only saying Parker for one reason. Parker is a lot more NBA ready than Wiggins and Wiggins is on a team that doesn't do a good job developing young players.

KnicksFan4Years
08-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Parker has the better opportunity. Kidd is a good, fresh basketball mind. Parker has some talent around him that was missing an offensive focus last season. Greek Freak and Parker will make a damned good combination for a long time to come.

PurpleLynch
08-24-2014, 02:06 PM
I think Parker has the better shot.
-Kidd is a young and fresh coach;he managed also to put a decent team to make a small run into the playoffs:1st rookie coach to make that,lost in the 2nd round against the best team in the East,Garnett+Pierce+Williams had the worst season of their career,Lopez was injured,Terry was useless and the team in general was falling off. Ah,I almost forgot,Billy King was the gm he had to work with.
-Parker is more Nba ready than Wiggins and he showed it.
-Milwaukee got some good pieces in these years,like Giannis,Henson,Middleton,Knight,Wolters and Sanders(if they can keep him on track). I don't know what they could become,but I have a good feeling about it. I personally dislike Ilyasova,but I think that he could be a role player someday,so I would keep him too for the bench or as piece for a potential trade.
-Milwaukee is in the weaker conference right now,but not as weak as last year imo.

Knight/Wolters/Marshall
Mayo/Delfino
Parker/Giannis(could split their minutes at sf)
Giannis/Middleton/Ilyasova
Henson/Sanders/Pachulia

Coach:Kidd.

Not this upcoming season,but next one they could take the 8th seed in the East if they mesh well together and add some more players.

2-ONE-5
08-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Parker. Hes going to be the #1 option or at least should be on the Bucks while Wiggins is on a team thats still trying to compete for some reason and will make sure to get guys like Pek and Martin their touches in order to do that.

FlashBolt
08-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Parker is going to be a star. Top 10 player in 3-4 years.

JasonJohnHorn
08-24-2014, 04:20 PM
I haven't seen much from either franchise to suggest that they are going to be knocking the ball out of the park, but that said....

The T-Wolves have two solid bigs in Pek Dieng. They look good. The T-Wolves still have a great shooting guard in Kevin Martin who they can package in a trade for a point guard. They have Bennett, who might be able to play either forward spot, and Wiggins who can play SF or SG. They got pieces to trade with, and two first rounders this year.

PG: ?????
SG: Martin/LaVine
SF: Wiggins/Budinger/Bennett
PF: Young/Bennett
C: Pek/Dieng

Pek could maybe move to power forward, or Martin could be packed up with Young and shipped out for Power. And Budinger can be packed up with Rubio and shipped out for a point guard. They got tradale assets and a great line-up at SG, SF and C. That is a HUGE start.

I think they have the makings of a great roster is Wigging, LAvine and Bennet can all reach their potential with Pek and Deing.

JustinTime
08-24-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm going to say Wiggins because Parker was a lot worse in SL than people built him up to be. Everyone said he's NBA ready but he was really struggling to get his shot off and defend.

2-ONE-5
08-24-2014, 05:52 PM
of course you think that you are a massive Canadian homer

JustinTime
08-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Wiggins is raw too but I think it'll be easier for him since he has Rubio feeding him.

JustinTime
08-24-2014, 06:01 PM

Jabari that you? Why you get so defensive are you related or something.

todu82
08-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Wiggins.

Laker Legend42
08-24-2014, 08:44 PM
At this point I think wiggins is in a better position. Minnesota could be on a winning fast track. They made out really well in this deal. This trade puts a huge chip on the shoulders of wiggins and Bennett. This is when a player is at his most dangerous,when they feel they have everything to prove.

Shammyguy3
08-25-2014, 12:20 AM
I think Wiggins feel like he does have more to prove than Jabari. I'm torn between the two because I think it's a tough question to answer. Wiggins has the higher ceiling, but Parker's more NBA ready. With that said, I think Jabari's in the perfect position for himself: on a team that sorely lacks a perimeter scorer and playmaker. Parker can thrive in that role. On the other hand, I think Wiggins is on a team that won't depend on him scoring 20 points a night to be competitive (thanks to Martin & Pekovic). Wiggins won't have to carry an offense with Rubio hopefully having a bounce back season.

So i can't really say I've decided myself yet. Still debating it

MrfadeawayJB
08-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Wiggins for now, but in a year or two I like the bucks young talent much better

JPS
08-25-2014, 02:33 AM

This coming from coach K's jock strap.

JPS
08-25-2014, 02:34 AM
Wiggins. Better players always make better situations.

MonroeFAN
08-25-2014, 07:53 AM
Wiggins, joins a team with talent that has already shown its promise. Milwaukee has better potential perhaps, I tend to go for the real thing.

FOBolous
08-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Wiggins has his own team playing next to a PG that will help set him up for success.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-25-2014, 08:38 AM
I think Parker has the better shot.
-Kidd is a young and fresh coach;he managed also to put a decent team to make a small run into the playoffs:1st rookie coach to make that,lost in the 2nd round against the best team in the East,Garnett+Pierce+Williams had the worst season of their career,Lopez was injured,Terry was useless and the team in general was falling off. Ah,I almost forgot,Billy King was the gm he had to work with.
-Parker is more Nba ready than Wiggins and he showed it.
-Milwaukee got some good pieces in these years,like Giannis,Henson,Middleton,Knight,Wolters and Sanders(if they can keep him on track). I don't know what they could become,but I have a good feeling about it. I personally dislike Ilyasova,but I think that he could be a role player someday,so I would keep him too for the bench or as piece for a potential trade.
-Milwaukee is in the weaker conference right now,but not as weak as last year imo.

Knight/Wolters/Marshall
Mayo/Delfino
Parker/Giannis(could split their minutes at sf)
Giannis/Middleton/Ilyasova
Henson/Sanders/Pachulia

Coach:Kidd.

Not this upcoming season,but next one they could take the 8th seed in the East if they mesh well together and add some more players. Mayo wont be starting. Most likely any playing time he gets is to be showcased for trade. Kidd wants Knight at sg. Giannis was playing some pg in summer league. Crazy seeing a 6'11" pg whizzing right by Exum and dunked on Gobert. Its on youtube. Kidd wants big line up of Giannis at pg on offense and playing sg in defense. So its Giannis,Knight,Parker,Ersan,Sanders.

Giannis,Knight,Wolters,Marshall,Bayless
Knight,Giannis,Mayo,Bayless,Inglis,Wright
Parker,Giannis,Middleton,Delfino,Inglis,Wright
Ersan,Parker,Henson,Giannis,Inglis,O'Bryant
Sanders,Henson,Zaza,Raduljinca,O'Bryant

Iron24th
08-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Parker has already the pressure on him for to be the number one option and perform while wiggins is on a promising young roster and could have some time to develop imo

2-ONE-5
08-25-2014, 08:56 AM
This coming from coach K's jock strap.

lol bcuz i liked Parker over wiggins and think Hood is gonna be a good player and you disagree.

the person i responded to doesnt shut up about Canadian players.

ThuglifeJ
08-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Idk

2-ONE-5
08-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Mayo wont be starting. Most likely any playing time he gets is to be showcased for trade. Kidd wants Knight at sg. Giannis was playing some pg in summer league. Crazy seeing a 6'11" pg whizzing right by Exum and dunked on Gobert. Its on youtube. Kidd wants big line up of Giannis at pg on offense and playing sg in defense. So its Giannis,Knight,Parker,Ersan,Sanders.

there is no way Giannis is starting at point guard.

JustinTime
08-25-2014, 10:38 AM
lol bcuz i liked Parker over wiggins and think Hood is gonna be a good player and you disagree.

the person i responded to doesnt shut up about Canadian players.

Talking about Bennett and Wiggins while they are rumored to be traded is kind of common isn't it doesn't make me some huge homer. I do like like Bennett though because he's kind of an underdog and they are always fun to cheer for.

WSU Tony
08-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Wiggins for now, but in a year or two I like the bucks young talent much better

I'm the opposite. Parker this year and Wiggins most years after. Parker is going to beat up on Wiggins in the scoring department this year but Wiggins will pass him the year after.

Maybe the question shouldn't be about Wiggins/Parker and it should be which of these teams has better young talent. As a Wolves fan who knows very little about the Bucks (and after reviewing your roster) I'd have to say the Wolves have better young talent.

2-ONE-5
08-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Talking about Bennett and Wiggins while they are rumored to be traded is kind of common isn't it doesn't make me some huge homer. I do like like Bennett though because he's kind of an underdog and they are always fun to cheer for.

right bcuz u never compared Thompson to Love or went on some rant about Vancuever being the best city in NA

JustinTime
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
right bcuz u never compared Thompson to Love or went on some rant about Vancuever being the best city in NA

You took that Thompson comparison the wrong way it was meant to insult Love because Thompson is an awful defender like Love.

Vancouver is the best city in NA according to pretty much every ranking that comes out of course I'm just stating the facts. Look here is another ranking for most livable cities from 6 days ago again rates Vancouver as the best. If this was Philadelphia I bet you would be talking about it like I do about Vancouver.

WSU Tony
08-25-2014, 12:31 PM
"I'm just stating the facts." haha.

If a poll found Blue was the most popular color would it then be considered the "Best" color and you'd be stating a fact? Does the best musician sell the most albums?

JustinTime
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
"I'm just stating the facts." haha.

If a poll found Blue was the most popular color would it then be considered the "Best" color and you'd be stating a fact? Does the best musician sell the most albums?

I have heard the whole art and commerce argument before and this is nothing like that. These livability rankings are based on things like education, infrastructure, healthcare, etc it's a formula based on city statistics. The argument is not something subjective like what sounds better to your ear it's this number is higher than that number based on these statistics. Here's that link I forgot to add http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/08/daily-chart-13

2-ONE-5
08-25-2014, 01:41 PM
no one cares! let it go, seriously. i just used it as a homer example and you are just proving me right. no one cares nor are they here to talk about such a subjective topic

JustinTime
08-25-2014, 02:04 PM
no one cares! let it go, seriously. i just used it as a homer example and you are just proving me right. no one cares nor are they here to talk about such a subjective topic

Most people like their hometowns that's why they live there so it's a dumb example.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 06:32 AM
I feel Parker is in the better situation personally.

PurpleLynch
08-26-2014, 06:47 AM
Mayo wont be starting. Most likely any playing time he gets is to be showcased for trade. Kidd wants Knight at sg. Giannis was playing some pg in summer league. Crazy seeing a 6'11" pg whizzing right by Exum and dunked on Gobert. Its on youtube. Kidd wants big line up of Giannis at pg on offense and playing sg in defense. So its Giannis,Knight,Parker,Ersan,Sanders.

Seems interesting,but I think Giannis is still too raw to take point guard duties next year,I'd rather have him playing in the frontcourt for now,maybe just playing little minutes as pg.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 06:51 AM
Giannis at the point? I'm not so sure about that, from what I've seen he's better suited on the wing, no?

Then again what do they have to lose? They're not making the playoffs, may as well develop the talent they have and try some new things.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-26-2014, 06:54 AM
Kidd already said he wants Knight at sg. That's the spot Giannis played last season besides sf. Kidd thinks with Giannis great handle he can manage pg. Giannis said he's up for it. Showed he can in summer league. Maybe even play some point forward as well cause Giannis can play multiple positions. Also Kidd likes Ersan and wants a big line up. So he pegged Parker at sf for now. The big line up been posted in multiple articles since Kidd arrival to Milwaukee. So I figure Giannis at pg on offense then on defense he slides over to sg. Then if Parker sits down then Giannis slides over to sf or if Ersan sits then Parker goes to pf then Giannis at sf.

Goose17
08-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Kidd already said he wants Knight at sg. That's the spot Giannis played last season besides sf. Kidd thinks with Giannis great handle he can manage pg. Giannis said he's up for it. Showed he can in summer league. Maybe even play some point forward as well cause Giannis can play multiple positions. Also Kidd likes Ersan and wants a big line up. So he pegged Parker at sf for now. The big line up been posted in multiple articles since Kidd arrival to Milwaukee. So I figure Giannis at pg on offense then on defense he slides over to sg. Then if Parker sits down then Giannis slides over to sf or if Ersan sits then Parker goes to pf then Giannis at sf.

It will be fun to watch.

Here's hoping Ilyasova finds his shot, he was awful last season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Bucks cant be any worse then last season. Also Bucks had most overtime games played and most injuries right away. The old owner Herb Kohl planned on playoffs by trading for Butler and Ridnour and signing Delfino and Zaza and Neal. Then sign and trade of Jennings for Knight and Middleton. On paper it looked like 8th seed or bust. But if it wasn't for all them injuries we probably never got to see Giannis play other wise.

PurpleLynch
08-26-2014, 07:41 AM
Giannis at the point? I'm not so sure about that, from what I've seen he's better suited on the wing, no?

Then again what do they have to lose? They're not making the playoffs, may as well develop the talent they have and try some new things.

Yes,I share your opinion,he's better suited at small forward,his ballhandling skills and court vision aren't there yet to be a point guard imo. But at sf/pf he should be a monster and with time he will also be able to carry the ball more.

PurpleLynch
08-26-2014, 07:44 AM

Can you post a link? I can't find any Kidd's interview about that.

WSU Tony
08-26-2014, 10:03 AM
I have heard the whole art and commerce argument before and this is nothing like that. These livability rankings are based on things like education, infrastructure, healthcare, etc it's a formula based on city statistics. The argument is not something subjective like what sounds better to your ear it's this number is higher than that number based on these statistics. Here's that link I forgot to add http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/08/daily-chart-13

My Grandma is 90 and can't deal with snow. She also prefers dry heat for her arthritis. This, much like art, is a subjective topic.

JustinTime
08-26-2014, 11:49 AM
My Grandma is 90 and can't deal with snow. She also prefers dry heat for her arthritis. This, much like art, is a subjective topic.

It rarely snows here and is warmer than all of the big Us cities in the North East like NY, Boston. Go look up Vancouver's monthly weather averages we never go below freezing so snow rarely happens.

2-ONE-5
08-26-2014, 12:18 PM
No one cares!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Can you post a link? I can't find any Kidd's interview about that.

Link of Giannis at pg or Kidd liking Ersan?

No. 4: Kidd may let Antetokounmpo play some point guard next season — If you were to make a list of things to be excited about last season for the Milwaukee Bucks, you wouldn’t need a big sheet of paper to do so. But perhaps foremost on that list would be Giannis Antetokounmpo‘s development and the all-around skills he flashed in his rookie season. With new coach Jason Kidd at the helm this season, he might let Antetokounmpo take on some minutes at point guard in 2014-15, as he told our own Scott Howard-Cooper:

Milwaukee is serious about this for the regular season, maybe even as the starter at the point. Antetokounmpo is serious about this.

Antetokounmpo at point guard and Knight at shooting guard would be a strain because neither have great range, but would work because Knight could defend the point guards and Antetokounmpo the bigger opponent in the backcourt. Then it could be Parker, Ersan Ilyasova and Larry Sanders in the front court.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/16/morning-shootaround-july-16/#hornets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YrqzwFBkA
Its only summer league but Giannis playing pg versus the Jazz's Exum. He sprints right by Exum and dunks over Gobert. But like I said its only summer league.

It did not take long for Milwaukee Bucks coach Jason Kidd to get to the point.

Giannis Antetokounmpo, the 6-foot-11 athlete dubbed the "Greek Freak," is being given an extended audition at the point guard spot during the NBA Summer League.

The 19-year-old Antetokounmpo, who enters his second NBA season this fall, clearly is relishing the chance to have the ball in his hands.

"I did it like two years ago in Europe but last year I didn't do it at all," Antetokounmpo said of his rookie season in Milwaukee.

"As time goes on I feel more comfortable."

"If you have Giannis, Knight, (Jabari) Parker, (Ersan) Ilyasova and (Larry) Sanders, it's a pretty big team," Kidd said. "Most people would say Knight is the point guard.

"But if you have Giannis with the ball directing traffic, he would be the point guard, or the shooting guard, or the 3 or the 4."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/giannis-antetokounmpo-getting-his-shot-at-point-guard-b99311558z1-267203021.html

mrblisterdundee
08-28-2014, 06:25 PM
I think Wiggins has a better opportunity, because he has a clearer role on the team. Parker and Antetokounmpo overlap a bit too much, in my opinion. I don't think Antetokounmpo should play shooting guard. It's a role being forced on him because of Parker's presence. Both of them should play small forward; one of them isn't going to be playing in Milwaukee any longer than their rookie contract.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-29-2014, 07:28 AM
I think Wiggins has a better opportunity, because he has a clearer role on the team. Parker and Antetokounmpo overlap a bit too much, in my opinion. I don't think Antetokounmpo should play shooting guard. It's a role being forced on him because of Parker's presence. Both of them should play small forward; one of them isn't going to be playing in Milwaukee any longer than their rookie contract.

Any longer then their rookie contract? As in a trade? We have bird rights and can match all offers sheets to RFA unless they leave money on the table and take QO like Monroe. Quick fix is showcase Ersan since his ankle should be 100% finally. Deal him. Then have Parker at pf. Case solved. But still Giannis played sg/sf last season. This season he might get some pg as well. So there's minutes for Parker. There's plenty of team that want Ersan yet. We lost one trading partner for a year as in theNets. Since we acquired Kidd. Cant trade with them for this season. They wanted Ersan like last four seasons. Rocket would be next in line. They wanted Ersan last two seasons. They tried to pawn Asik onto us for Ersan last Fall.

http://sportige.com/nba-rumors-houston-rockets-interested-in-trade-for-ersan-ilyasova-02-16-2014/
Then Marc Stein reported...

Marc Stein from ESPN wrote on Twitter last week that it was likely that Ilyasova would stay with the Bucks after being shopped and he listed the Hawks, Hornets and Magic as interested parties.

But I believe Magic would be out since they signed Frye now. Hornets don't have much I'd want. Hawks maybe if its Ersan for Teague. Maybe we toss in a second rounder or two to up the ante. Not sure Hawks bite though. Bucks were the team that gave offer sheet to Teague and Hawks matched. Last season seems like fans soured on Teague a little and wanted to see more of Schroeder.

Then Alex Kennedy suggests Ersan to Warriors since they could use a stretch four as well as the Rockets. But that was just a suggestion and not real interests from Warriors.

http://fansided.com/2014/08/06/golden-state-warriors-rumors-ersan-ilyasova-trade-target/#!bMdbC7

Also another team that had interests for a long time like the Nets is Pacers Larry Bird has a thing for Ersan. He wanted way before they signed West. To lazy to look for the link on this one. Probably over four years old.

2-ONE-5
08-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Parker and Giannis have completley different games they will not impact eachother negatively where one would need to be moved elsewhere down the line.

Ersan for Teague would be an interesting deal but not sure if ATL would pull the trigger with Horford and Milsap at the 4 and 5 already. Plus they would also have to be confident in Schroder (spelling?) to take over which is doubtful.

mrblisterdundee
08-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Parker and Giannis have completley different games they will not impact eachother negatively where one would need to be moved elsewhere down the line.

Ersan for Teague would be an interesting deal but not sure if ATL would pull the trigger with Horford and Milsap at the 4 and 5 already. Plus they would also have to be confident in Schroder (spelling?) to take over which is doubtful.

Plus Ersan is nowhere near as valuable as Teague.

2-ONE-5
08-29-2014, 09:06 AM
agreed. especially after last season.

taking on Dennis Schroeder and maybe a pick for Ersan might be a good deal for both teams.

WSU Tony
08-29-2014, 09:45 AM
It rarely snows here and is warmer than all of the big Us cities in the North East like NY, Boston. Go look up Vancouver's monthly weather averages we never go below freezing so snow rarely happens.

I still don't see how the lack of dry heat (see Phoenix, AZ) helps grandma.

Seriously, though, you're impossible. I've never seen someone take such trivial "preference" based topics and turn them into a right vs wrong type thing.

People having strong opinions on trivial topics bug me. I think they need more to worry about....

Sanjay
08-30-2014, 02:36 AM
Wiggins is raw too but I think it'll be easier for him since he has Rubio feeding him.

Both will have to be the number one guy on their teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Both are in a pretty good position. Jabari probably has more opportunity to do things ATM since the Bucks have no scorer on the team and he's doing it against weaker competition so he can develop some of his weaker games.

Wiggins can possibly excel with a Rubio fastbreak but he's going to have trouble scoring against the Western conference. There are good wing players in that division who he'll be guarding as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-30-2014, 03:12 PM
I could see Rockets trading for Ersan. Rockets still have the Lin TPE. Fits perfectly. If Bucks just wanted to dump Ersan for a couple second rounder's or a very late first a few years down the road I can see it happening. They wanted Ersan last couple seasons. But maybe Morey bummed out we didn't do the Sessions sign and trade? So then he probably wont. As for the Hawks they could go with 3 pf line up for a bit here and there. Cause I thought Millsap was already play some sf as well?

Unless Bucks get back into talks with the Suns about Bledsoe. Then who knows. Bucks got the first rounder from Clippers besides we have tons of second rounder's yet. Plus tons of young assets. But since it seems Bledsoe wants a sign and trade for 5/ $80M. Doubt Suns keep him. Plus I believe Suns only gave up Dudley and a couple second rounder's for Bledsoe. Then Bledsoe getting injured and wanting 5/ $80M not sure the Suns asking price will be that large if the trade talks and no contract happens till October Suns will cave.

JustinTime
08-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Both are in a pretty good position. Jabari probably has more opportunity to do things ATM since the Bucks have no scorer on the team and he's doing it against weaker competition so he can develop some of his weaker games.

Wiggins can possibly excel with a Rubio fastbreak but he's going to have trouble scoring against the Western conference. There are good wing players in that division who he'll be guarding as well.

Actually Bucks have a lot of guys who can score Knight,Ilyasova, Mayo, and Henson all averaged 10 or more a night. Antetokounmpo probably has the most potential of any prospect on the Bucks and was the Bucks best player in Summer League so I don't know if Jabari's situation is any better.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Actually Bucks have a lot of guys who can score Knight,Ilyasova, Mayo, and Henson all averaged 10 or more a night. Antetokounmpo probably has the most potential of any prospect on the Bucks and was the Bucks best player in Summer League so I don't know if Jabari's situation is any better.

I wouldn't consider any of those guys a real threat at scoring is what I meant.

JustinTime
08-30-2014, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't consider any of those guys a real threat at scoring is what I meant.

If those guys aren't than who would be on the T-wolves because Knight did average 18 pts last season for the Bucks.

mngopher35
08-30-2014, 05:41 PM
If those guys aren't than who would be on the T-wolves because Knight did average 18 pts last season for the Bucks.

Pek and Martin had better efficiency than any of those players and Pek averaged about 18 while Martin averaged 19. These two are vets who have been known as offensive players/starters in their career, Milwaukee doesn't have that. Thad young also averaged over 17ppg if I remember right.

So in our starting 5 we could have 3 15+ppg type vets, a great distributing pg, and Wiggins. Thats is pretty solid offense surrounding Wiggins, something that Milwaukee doesn't really have. Not to say they look worse for the future or that it will be worse for eithers development. There is just more offensive help right now in MN for Wiggins than in Milwakee for Parker.

Parker's skill set should have him more prepared to be a #1 option right away anyways though. It will be just fine for both teams/players, I actually like the youth and up coming talent on both teams.

JustinTime
08-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Pek and Martin had better efficiency than any of those players and Pek averaged about 18 while Martin averaged 19. These two are vets who have been known as offensive players/starters in their career, Milwaukee doesn't have that. Thad young also averaged over 17ppg if I remember right.

So in our starting 5 we could have 3 15+ppg type vets, a great distributing pg, and Wiggins. Thats is pretty solid offense surrounding Wiggins, something that Milwaukee doesn't really have. Not to say they look worse for the future or that it will be worse for eithers development. There is just more offensive help right now in MN for Wiggins than in Milwakee for Parker.

Parker's skill set should have him more prepared to be a #1 option right away anyways though. It will be just fine for both teams/players, I actually like the youth and up coming talent on both teams.

There are a lot more options this year so I think those vets could see a reduced role. I imagine Wiggins and Lavine are going to get a lot of shots on that team so Martin will have a reduced role this year. I don't know what Bennett will be playing 3/4 but he's another guy which could end up a lot better than people think. Anyways outside of Pekovic I don't see the vets having as much of an impact this year unless the T-wolves are planning to make Wiggins, Lavine and Bennett all bench players. Another thing all those guys were playing with a "so-called" superstar last year, this year they won't have a guy averaging 26 and 12 to make their lives easier.

mngopher35
08-30-2014, 07:07 PM
There are a lot more options this year so I think those vets could see a reduced role. I imagine Wiggins and Lavine are going to get a lot of shots on that team so Martin will have a reduced role this year. I don't know what Bennett will be playing 3/4 but he's another guy which could end up a lot better than people think. Anyways outside of Pekovic I don't see the vets having as much of an impact this year unless the T-wolves are planning to make Wiggins, Lavine and Bennett all bench players. Another thing all those guys were playing with a "so-called" superstar last year, this year they won't have a guy averaging 26 and 12 to make their lives easier.

If this is true that means our young guys are playing great so I'm fine with that. Either way we have more proven scorers on our team right now than Milwaukee. That means that Jabari will likely shoulder more responsibility than Wiggins either way as well if all of our young guys like Lavine and Bennett contribute . So that guy was right in what he was saying about Jabari having more opportunity at taking the scoring load. We have some proven scorers, a distributor, and other young talent to help in that department every night and take touches away. Parker could be the go to guy/main focus immediately if knight was last year.

Also your point about Love helping them is true efficiency wise but it gives them less opportunities if he is going for 26 each night (who did knighthave to defer to?). That is the exact same type of context you ignored when pointing out Knight's 18 ppg. He was on like the 4th worst offensive team and shouldered the most shots (by like 5 per game), of course he is going to score some points. The exact same thing happened to Thad which is why he scored 17ppg.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-31-2014, 03:14 AM

I don't believe in Knight as a consistent real threat scorer at the moment. That could easily be just a 1 season thing.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I think they are in an equal position to succeed. Both are on teams that are bad and searching for there respective identities. Both will have more than enough chance to find there notch in the league. As far as who will be better, Parker is more polished now, but Wiggins is the superior athlete. I think playing with Rubio will really help wiggins. Rubio can and will get him the ball and make the game easier for him. I think Kid will be a great influence on Parker. Like I said they are both in equally great situations to succeed. I'm gonna say that Parker end up being better. I hope I'm wrong though.

smokey420
09-01-2014, 06:27 AM
wiggins by miles