PDA

View Full Version : @SBNationNBA: Kevin Love will wear No. 0 with the Cavs

LTBaByyy
08-23-2014, 02:47 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/8/23/6060387/kevin-love-cleveland-cavaliers-uniform-number-0

Since 42 is retired, I thought he would go with 41 or 40.

Thoughts?

WOwolfOL
08-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Thoughts are, the Cavs retired a number?

Confusious
08-23-2014, 02:51 PM
They have retired several numbers.

And I was thinking/hoping he would take 24.

ThuglifeJ
08-23-2014, 02:53 PM

Lmao

SILVER SEAVER
08-23-2014, 02:53 PM
I thought Brad Daugherty was 43? Wasn't he the only Cav to be retired? Anyways... I love, no pun intended, when players use 0 or 00 like Parish, Delk, Montross or number like 91 for Rodman, Artest was 93 I believe and now Love with 0. It's different.

LTBaByyy
08-23-2014, 02:56 PM
He should've chose 00, and not 0. I think 0 is more for guards and wings, 00 is for post

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 02:58 PM
0. Which represents the number of rings he will win.

Bruno
08-23-2014, 03:06 PM

haha you think? all LBJ needs to do is win one with Cleveland and it will be considered a success no matter what.

ChI_ShIzzLe
08-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Lol..this was coming eventually

FraziersKnicks
08-23-2014, 03:16 PM

He'll have the same as the Clippers franchise then!

JustinTime
08-23-2014, 03:18 PM
I heard that he choose 0 in response to a reporter's question "how much defense are you going to bring to the Cavs?"

THE MTL
08-23-2014, 03:19 PM
I dnt like it. Zero is getting "played out". After Gilbert Arenas made it cool, "Agent Zero" it seems like everyone wants to hop on.

JustinTime
08-23-2014, 03:20 PM

And the Cavs franchise.

Iron24th
08-23-2014, 03:30 PM

:laugh:

Iron24th
08-23-2014, 03:32 PM
He should've chose 00, and not 0. I think 0 is more for guards and wings, 00 is for post

Maybe that's because he doesn't play the post very often

GiantsSwaGG
08-23-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to wear 99

Riodagoat
08-23-2014, 03:51 PM

Everybody playing for the Clippers should all wear 0 then.

prodigy
08-23-2014, 03:55 PM

And the Cavs franchise.

A knicks fan takes a shot at ur team so u take a shot at cavs? Lol OK...

I heard he choose zero because that's how many rings other teams will win over the next 5 years.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 03:58 PM
I heard that he choose 0 in response to a reporter's question "how much defense are you going to bring to the Cavs?"

LMAO perfect response, well played. BTW guys I was just being an *** about the 0 rings. As someone else said.. I knew that comment was coming, figured I'd throw it out there now haha.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Everybody playing for the Clippers should all wear 0 then.

And for the 13 teams including the Cavs who also haven't won a title? So nearly half the league should wear number 0! I like this idea.

Confusious
08-23-2014, 03:59 PM
And CP3. 3 being how many times he will come close to sniffing a championship, but won't be able to make it.

This game is fun, isn't it? ;)

FlashBolt
08-23-2014, 04:07 PM
And for the 13 teams including the Cavs who also haven't won a title? So nearly half the league should wear number 0! I like this idea.

You're the one who made the joke... Stop being practical.

Sota4Ever
08-23-2014, 04:08 PM
I can tell you the 0 doesn't stand for how many times he will complain to the refs every game. Also doesn't stand for how many times he will be the last man down on defense because he is to busy complaining and whining.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 04:10 PM
You're the one who made the joke... Stop being practical.

I wasn't the one who made it practical LMAO. I was the one being a smartass :).

JustinTime
08-23-2014, 04:12 PM

I heard he choose zero because that's how many rings other teams will win over the next 5 years.

Better get used to it, Cleveland has the most hated player in the league and are now under the spotlight now people will take shots and hate on the Cavs as long as Lebron is there.

JustinTime
08-23-2014, 04:14 PM
You choose 0 you're just asking to be insulted.

WITZ
08-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Thread derailed :laugh2: BlakeGriffin4MVP guys

Goose17
08-23-2014, 04:23 PM
I seriously had no idea they retired Thurmonds jersey, he only played like one season with them. Wtf is that?

FlashBolt
08-23-2014, 04:24 PM
I wasn't the one who made it practical LMAO. I was the one being a smartass :).

We'll be a smartass when you make those Clippers threads trying to garnet attention for your team, then.

diu9leilomo
08-23-2014, 04:26 PM
0 means the number of f's hes given on winning or not ;)

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 04:26 PM
We'll be a smartass when you make those Clippers threads trying to garnet attention for your team, then.

Why are we talking about minerals here?

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Thread derailed :laugh2: BlakeGriffin4MVP guys

I like how anything I say that someone disagrees with... the Clippers are bashed, then it's turned on me as if I was the one who brought them up LMAO. I didn't mention the Clippers at all, someone else did and I responded and moved on.

Bruno
08-23-2014, 04:29 PM

Rodman wanted 69 but Stern blocked him, that prude.

JustinTime
08-23-2014, 04:31 PM

Wiggins should have worn that he is Canadian after all.

WITZ
08-23-2014, 04:32 PM
I like how anything I say that someone disagrees with... the Clippers are bashed, then it's turned on me as if I was the one who brought them up LMAO. I didn't mention the Clippers at all, someone else did and I responded and moved on.

How am I clipper bashing... Blake4Mvp am I right :laugh2:
Btw who gives a **** what number he wears , than again maybe its just me who feels this way lol

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 04:33 PM
How am I clipper bashing... Blake4Mvp am I right :laugh2:
Btw who gives a **** what number he wears ,maybe its just me who feels this way.

I agree. I was just being a smartass obviously. His number is irrelevant (just like anyone else pretty much).

akagiredsuns
08-23-2014, 04:53 PM
haha you think? all LBJ needs to do is win one with Cleveland and it will be considered a success no matter what.

How is it successful when LeBron is showing he can't win a title without a super team? He has Irving and Love, along with Miller and Marion (possibly Ray Allen). If he had done it in 07 with Cavs, then that would have been memorable. Cleveland is merely the new Miami in the East now. Nothing successful about that. But hey, hopefully the Spurs will remind everyone that balance and fundamentals > Superstars any day.

SILVER SEAVER
08-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Let's just let the LBJ/Love experiment play out before saying they will win zero championships. Aren't we gonna look like the douchebags if they do indeed win in their first season together.

SILVER SEAVER
08-23-2014, 05:14 PM
I really don't think Clippers fans should be making comments about another team winning zero championships.

Bruno
08-23-2014, 05:19 PM
How is it successful when LeBron is showing he can't win a title without a super team? He has Irving and Love, along with Miller and Marion (possibly Ray Allen). If he had done it in 07 with Cavs, then that would have been memorable. Cleveland is merely the new Miami in the East now. Nothing successful about that. But hey, hopefully the Spurs will remind everyone that balance and fundamentals > Superstars any day.

well, the Spurs pulling that off is rare. it was rare when Dallas and Detroit did it too. it's the norm for big 1-2 punches and big threes to reign supreme.

i wouldn't consider it a success, but the masses and media will. if they completely ignore the fact that he was holding the reigns during the greatest beat down in finals history just because he makes the right PR move a month later, then they'll award him and praise him for bringing Cleveland basketball their first championship, no doubt.

Confusious
08-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Let's just let the LBJ/Love experiment play out before saying they will win zero championships. Aren't we gonna look like the douchebags if they do indeed win in their first season together.
No, because people will be like WELL DUR THEY WON BECAUSE THEY'RE A SUPER TEAM HUR HUR THEY'RE SO USELESS HEHEHEHE.

If I ever learned anything about sports fans, or even this site in general, it is that people cannot take being wrong, so they like to pretend like they see everything coming.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 05:26 PM
No, because people will be like WELL DUR THEY WON BECAUSE THEY'RE A SUPER TEAM HUR HUR THEY'RE SO USELESS HEHEHEHE.

If I ever learned anything about sports fans, or even this site in general, it is that people cannot take being wrong, so they like to pretend like they see everything coming.

I'm down for a lengthy avatar+sig bet with anyone on this forum that the Cavs WILL NOT win the title this year. We can even make the best for a full season, I don't care. Any takers?

THE MTL
08-23-2014, 05:35 PM

I think Kevin Love is the PERFECT power forward in the league for Lebron. Chris Bosh isnt as "good" as a "stretch four" as Love is. This expert is a good thing.

Confusious
08-23-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm down for a lengthy avatar+sig bet with anyone on this forum that the Cavs WILL NOT win the title this year. We can even make the best for a full season, I don't care. Any takers?
An avatar/sig bet. Well, why don't we offer up our first born children while we're at it.

You can find some child to participate in your silly shenanigans all you want. Whether the Cavs win the title this year or not is not my focal point right now. For the first time in 5 years, they're heading to the playoffs. And they have a REALLY exciting lineup. That is _ALL_ I care about right now. We'll see how their chemistry develops before I truly feel comfortable being a snug **** and shamelessly plugging that they're Finals bound for ten straight years.

bucketss
08-23-2014, 06:48 PM

and jordan had pippen/rodman, bird had parish/mchale , magic had kareem/worthy whats your point?

Confusious
08-23-2014, 06:57 PM
and jordan had pippen/rodman, bird had parish/mchale , magic had kareem/worthy whats your point?
And Kobe had Shaq/prime Gasol. Garnett had Allen, Pierce and Rondo.
You need help to win more often than not, and there's nothing wrong with that. Basketball is a team sport. Just because Miami invented the term "Super Team" doesn't mean that was the first time it came to fruition. It's as if the rest of the NBA world needed a word to dismiss everything that they would achieve. So they coined together that derogatory name to discredit their championship wins. Which is stupid, because at the end of the day, they made four finals Appearances in four years, and won two titles. That is a huge success, "SUPER TEAM" or no.

It's just super mainstream to blame LeBron because he's "not good enough" to do it by himself. Which is a silly way to look at it. How about looking at it from this perspective: LeBron is the most powerful player in any sport. No other sport in the world is dominated so strongly based on where one players destination is. Players hold off from signing multi-million dollar contracts because they want to see where James is going. And are always hopeful to be apart of that. Who wouldn't want to play with him? That is the definition of greatness. Not this peasantry ******** talk of how he "NEEDS" help.

Look. I get it. Cleveland is a super team. But they didn't just throw Varejao and reserves to get Kevin Love. (Look at what Miami had to surrender to get Wade/James/Bosh together.) They gave up the last two first overall pick players, and a future first. Cleveland gave up way more than the Clippers gave to acquire Chris Paul.

Just something to think about...

Purch
08-23-2014, 07:11 PM
And CP3. 3 being how many times he will come close to sniffing a championship, but won't be able to make it.

This game is fun, isn't it? ;)

You give Cp3 way to much credit. He's the conference finals virgin for a reason

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 08:37 PM
An avatar/sig bet. Well, why don't we offer up our first born children while we're at it.

You can find some child to participate in your silly shenanigans all you want. Whether the Cavs win the title this year or not is not my focal point right now. For the first time in 5 years, they're heading to the playoffs. And they have a REALLY exciting lineup. That is _ALL_ I care about right now. We'll see how their chemistry develops before I truly feel comfortable being a snug **** and shamelessly plugging that they're Finals bound for ten straight years.

Child? It's a competitive, fun way to hold each other accountable for bold stances.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 08:38 PM
You give Cp3 way to much credit. He's the conference finals virgin for a reason

Well last year everybody with a brain knows CP3 SHOULD have been in the WCF if not for the most atrociously reffed series in probably 5+ years of NBA basketball.

Purch
08-23-2014, 08:58 PM
BRB, going back to watch the turnovers and dumb decisions committed by Chris Paul that cost the clippers the series.

RubberBand Man
08-23-2014, 09:09 PM

Hahahahaha

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 09:09 PM
BRB, going back to watch the turnovers and dumb decisions committed by Chris Paul that cost the clippers the series.

So you think it was just one game LOL? You must not of watched the series, or even that game very well. Chris Paul had 3 turnovers late that game. One was 100 percent his fault, two were INTENTIONAL fouls by OKC that went uncalled right in front of refs. The last play of the game his arm was flat out YANKED, which caused him to lose it. The time before that Westbrook nearly tackled him and it wasn't called. Sure he was dumb to jump in the air to pass, but it was a CLEAR foul nonetheless. Even then... I could let those go if they didn't call the foul on 3 by Westbrook where he pulled up from 30 feet and CP3 at absolute most grazed his elbow. Since when do refs reward those 3's with 7 seconds left in games with pretty much 0 contact, from 30 feet away?

Purch
08-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Lol of course I expected the biggest homer in ISH history to claim the clippers lost that series not because of their inability to execute in the clutch, but 100% because of the refs

krazylegz
08-23-2014, 10:43 PM
http://basketballbicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Cleveland_Cavaliers_retired_jerseys_in_2009.jpg

for yall who just started watching the nba and dont know much about nba history

bucketss
08-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Lol of course I expected the biggest homer in ISH history to claim the clippers lost that series not because of their inability to execute in the clutch, but 100% because of the refs

not 100% but they still got screwed.

asandhu23
08-23-2014, 10:48 PM
I thought Brad Daugherty was 43? Wasn't he the only Cav to be retired? Anyways... I love, no pun intended, when players use 0 or 00 like Parish, Delk, Montross or number like 91 for Rodman, Artest was 93 I believe and now Love with 0. It's different.

No. 42 was retired for Nate Thurmond.

asandhu23
08-23-2014, 10:50 PM

George Mikan, bro.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 11:04 PM
not 100% but they still got screwed.

Yea. It was the biggest reason, but obviously Clippers screwed up too. They no doubt outplayed OKC for most of the series though.

Vee-Rex
08-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Better get used to it, Cleveland has the most hated player in the league and are now under the spotlight now people will take shots and hate on the Cavs as long as Lebron is there.

I'm seeing that. Cavs win a ring I'm trolling hard. PSD deserves to be trolled, so many haters.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm seeing that. Cavs win a ring I'm trolling hard. PSD deserves to be trolled, so many haters.

I think the word "hater" is used way too loosely. The people like myself are annoyed because they are being declared champs/favorites essentially without playing a single game yet. Nobody said they aren't extremely talented or won't be a contender. What I personally take exception with is all the talk about how they are going to breeze to the title (not saying you said this, but that's how many are talking).

Vee-Rex
08-23-2014, 11:46 PM
It's gonna take some time to gel, and hopefully we can do it at all. I think the Bulls and Wizards (they're only going to get better) will be extremely tough. I nearly forgot how incredible of a player Rose is, so if he's healthy the Bulls will be nasty. There's probably about 4-6 teams in the West that would give us real problems.

But yeah as you said, anyone even implying that it'll be easy or that we'll definitely win a ring don't know anything about basketball. I'm just glad we can be considered contenders at this moment.

JustinTime
08-24-2014, 12:04 AM
I think the word "hater" is used way too loosely. The people like myself are annoyed because they are being declared champs/favorites essentially without playing a single game yet. Nobody said they aren't extremely talented or won't be a contender. What I personally take exception with is all the talk about how they are going to breeze to the title (not saying you said this, but that's how many are talking).

People like me are just annoyed because we think Lebron and the way he chases rings is horrible for the NBA.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 03:47 AM
People like me are just annoyed because we think Lebron and the way he chases rings is horrible for the NBA.

I was on board with Lebron to Cleveland though. I think it's good for the league personally and was a happy story. When I turned on him a bit was when he started recruiting Kevin Love and trying to play puppet master behind the scenes like he did for Miami. It's like he needs this huge security blanket of other stars now to be himself and be content.

Goose17
08-24-2014, 04:12 AM

Yep^

prodigy
08-24-2014, 08:33 AM

I mean I been here before. Ur just a coward though. dudes a Knicks fan why would he care how many rings cavs have lol.

VikesTwinsWolve
08-24-2014, 10:12 AM
I really don't think Clippers fans should be making comments about another team winning zero championships.

This

VikesTwinsWolve
08-24-2014, 10:18 AM
This post pretty much sums up what most people think about you. You start 150 threads to compare a Clippers strength, then declare the clips paper champs. Kinda ironic that YOU get tired of hearing it. lol

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 01:36 PM
This post pretty much sums up what most people think about you. You start 150 threads to compare a Clippers strength, then declare the clips paper champs. Kinda ironic that YOU get tired of hearing it. lol

It's a sad thing to see when posters are so angry/obsessed with a specific person that they follow them thread to thread to attack them. Goose and yourself are doing nothing but proving that I'm inside of your heads. Keep going though, it's entertaining for the rest of the forum probably. Just know that when you constantly cry about a poster and provide zero evidence for your claims, you look like an idiot.

Never once did I say the Clippers will win the title. Go on my username and you'll see that for every Clippers thread I start, I start 10 NON Clippers related threads. If you want to keep exposing yourself as an obsessed stalker with zero basketball knowledge, I'll let you continue.

FlashBolt
08-24-2014, 02:08 PM

I'm sorry but who cares if they are being declared favorites? Sounds like you're letting them getting inside your head. Stop being a silly troll and stop arguing when you clearly are defeated. You make fun of Cavs for not "winning" anything but your Clippers squad has choked the past two seasons. Granted, they were robbed towards OKC but you guys had the same exact advantage towards GSW.

Goose17
08-24-2014, 02:13 PM
It's a sad thing to see when posters are so angry/obsessed with a specific person that they follow them thread to thread to attack them. Goose and yourself are doing nothing but proving that I'm inside of your heads. Keep going though, it's entertaining for the rest of the forum probably. Just know that when you constantly cry about a poster and provide zero evidence for your claims, you look like an idiot.

Never once did I say the Clippers will win the title. Go on my username and you'll see that for every Clippers thread I start, I start 10 NON Clippers related threads. If you want to keep exposing yourself as an obsessed stalker with zero basketball knowledge, I'll let you continue.

Lol how the hell do I follow you around? It's the off season there's not a lot of topics, if I post in ten topics today I bet you've posted in most of them. You're paranoid bro, put the weed down. Nobody is following you.

And I've never said anything about you as a poster other than calling you a homer which you are (as am I).

Goose17
08-24-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry but who cares if they are being declared favorites? Sounds like you're letting them getting inside your head. Stop being a silly troll and stop arguing when you clearly are defeated. You make fun of Cavs for not "winning" anything but your Clippers squad has choked the past two seasons. Granted, they were robbed towards OKC but you guys had the same exact advantage towards GSW.

Ohhhhhh... snap.

:laugh:

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 02:23 PM

Can't be defeated if there wasn't any sort of argument or fight to begin with. More like people firing off baseless statements and me correcting them. Nobody I'm talking to in here has giving any premises for what they say (including you). Just a bunch of talk with no supporting evidence/facts. Glad you showed up to join in though, you're one of my stalkers/harassers and it's good to have you all on the same page. I didn't make fun of the Cavs for one second. I made a Kevin Love joke and admitted it was a joke, because I knew someone else would say it. Wasn't my true feelings, nor sincere. You do have a history of pulling things out of your *** and cherry picking though, so not surprised.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Lol how the hell do I follow you around? It's the off season there's not a lot of topics, if I post in ten topics today I bet you've posted in most of them. You're paranoid bro, put the weed down. Nobody is following you.

And I've never said anything about you as a poster other than calling you a homer which you are (as am I).

:rolleyes:

Goose17
08-24-2014, 02:30 PM
:rolleyes:

Great response. People sometimes resort to posts like that when they know they're wrong and don't know what else to say.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Great response. People sometimes resort to posts like that when they know they're wrong and don't know what else to say.

You've proven time and time again that you lack the reasoning capability necessary to have this discussion. You being in the same topics as myself has nothing to do with your effort to go out of your way to bait me. You denying this and claiming that all you ever did was think I was a fellow "homer" is a joke. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm offended. Just saying let's keep it real here and not play games. Since last season you seem to have an issue with me and instead of being productive in discussion, you use it to disrupt and make it personal every chance you get.

If your only gripe is that I'm like you (a homer in your own words), then what's the problem? Seems like a dumb reason to criticize.

Goose17
08-24-2014, 02:47 PM
You've proven time and time again that you lack the reasoning capability necessary to have this discussion. You being in the same topics as myself has nothing to do with your effort to go out of your way to bait me. You denying this and claiming that all you ever did was think I was a fellow "homer" is a joke. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm offended. Just saying let's keep it real here and not play games. Since last season you seem to have an issue with me and instead of being productive in discussion, you use it to disrupt and make it personal every chance you get.

If your only gripe is that I'm like you (a homer in your own words), then what's the problem? Seems like a dumb reason to criticize.

Lol i dont follow you around or go out of my way to bait you. We're homer fans of rival teams who post a lot on a sports forum that as a whole is becoming less active by the day. We're bound to bump heads. What else do you expect?

And it was YOU who had the problem with ME last year. But hey, that was then and this is now, you're still a Clippers homer and I'm still a Warriors homer.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Lol i dont follow you around or go out of my way to bait you. We're homer fans of rival teams who post a lot on a sports forum that as a whole is becoming less active by the day. We're bound to bump heads. What else do you expect?

And it was YOU who had the problem with ME last year. But hey, that was then and this is now, you're still a Clippers homer and I'm still a Warriors homer.

I can say with 100 percent honesty and sincerity that I have no personal issue with you or anyone else here. I really do not have any issue with you Goose. If Clippers/Warriors games are going on, no doubt we may have words. Just clearing the air now, anything I argue with you or anyone else isn't personal. I'm sure you're a good guy.

I understand your point though that given rival teams and both being high volume posters, conflict is going to happen here and there probably.

Goose17
08-24-2014, 02:57 PM
I can say with 100 percent honesty and sincerity that I have no personal issue with you or anyone else here. I really do not have any issue with you Goose. If Clippers/Warriors games are going on, no doubt we may have words. Just clearing the air now, anything I argue with you or anyone else isn't personal. I'm sure you're a good guy.

I understand your point though that given rival teams and both being high volume posters, conflict is going to happen here and there probably.

I don't have anything personal against you either. I just can't stand your team.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2014, 03:09 PM
I don't have anything personal against you either. I just can't stand your team.

Well on that we can agree :cheers:. That's the whole point of a rivalry right? It's become arguably the best rivalry in the NBA and I love it! Just remember that even 5 years ago both of the teams were lotto teams and had no rivals haha. Now both are competing to be premier teams in the west for years to come in the same division.

IDunknown
08-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Some players wear 0 to represent the letters O or D.

JustinTime
08-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Some players wear 0 to represent the letters O or D.

And others wear it to show the world what they intend to bring on the defensive end.

Goose17
08-25-2014, 11:24 AM
And others wear it to show the world what they intend to bring on the defensive end.

Bagels?

Confusious
08-25-2014, 02:19 PM

Bagels?
Russell Westbrook wants the world to know he loves bagels? Makes sense.

JustinTime
08-25-2014, 02:56 PM

Russell wears a 0 because it was his basketball IQ test score.

FlashBolt
08-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry but unless the number 0 means you suck, this thread is meaningless.

ChicagoFan4Eva
08-25-2014, 07:42 PM
0 as zero chance to be found on defense :laugh:

Goose17
08-26-2014, 07:59 AM

I figured for him it was donuts, he seems like he's always on either a sugar rush or a sugar slump.