PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns Make Late Bledsoe for Love Offer

Nikeman
08-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Very interesting developing story here.

The Suns are pushing for a Bledsoe S&T for Kevin Love. Not sure what Minnesota thinks, but Phoenix also has young pieces to offer as well which could be very intriguing for Minnesota such as the Morris twins.

Dragic, Gerald Green, Love, Plumlee would be a hell of a core too, and Phoenix would still have room to easily add another max contract.

With all the talk that Kevin Love decides where he goes, that is not the case at all. If this trade were to happen, Cleveland could NOT sign Love as a free agent next season, no chance.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11394176/phoenix-suns-offer-eric-bledsoe-minnesota-timberwolves-kevin-love-deal

sixers247
08-22-2014, 04:32 PM
:yawn:

Soruce? doesn't matter won't heppen.

Nikeman
08-22-2014, 04:35 PM
:yawn:

Soruce? doesn't matter won't heppen.

Just posted link.

At the minimum, Minnesota may use this last minute against Cleveland to get more.

jaydubb
08-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Dragic and/or green would have to be in the trade I would think. They got draft picks but minnesota also got an offer of Bennett and wiggins and first, hard to beat that pile..

sixers247
08-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Just posted link.

At the minimum, Minnesota may use this last minute against Cleveland to get more.

That would be dumb for Minnesota, they are already getting a better deal to then ask for more would be crazy. What if Cleveland goes **** it and pulls back Wiggins, Bennett and the first. Bledsoe and the twins aren't that appealing to me.

nickdymez
08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
I don't know man. Bledsoe is established. But injury prone. So is love. Minnesota should consider it at least.

Nikeman
08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
That would be dumb for Minnesota, they are already getting a better deal to then ask for more would be crazy. What if Cleveland goes **** it and pulls back Wiggins, Bennett and the first. Bledsoe and the twins aren't that appealing to me.

Personally, I don't think Wiggins is worth all that hype. Wiggins is ALL potential. I watched him at Kansas and he is an ATHLETE, not an NBA player. Sure he may develop into one in the future, but he also may not, its potential not proven talent. Bledsoe is a 23 year old, proven 2 way high caliber PG who has much more room to grow as well.

If Phoenix throws in some other pieces such as the Morris twins, I would take Bledsoe and twins but that is just me. Bennett to me is not worth anything if anyone watched last year.

Bledsoe/Morris Twins>>Wiggins/Bennett

WITZ
08-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Still gotta believe Wiggins on the rookie contract is more valuable than Bledsoe on the max if he gets his way.

mngopher35
08-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Rather take the Cavs deal quite easily than pay Bledsoe the max.

Nikeman
08-22-2014, 04:46 PM
The other thing nobody is mentioning is that Phoenix has 25-30+ million in cap space I believe. They could easily take back Martin's contract. Not sure how valuable that would be to Flip Saunders though.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Minnesota should turn this into a 4 team trade and send Rubio and Martin to the Suns for Bledsoe and whatever else to even it out.

smith&wesson
08-22-2014, 05:03 PM
1. why would minni send love to the same conference.
2. does phx really think that bledsoe will agree to a s&t to minni :confused:
3. bledsoe is not enough... they will have to add more pieces. Wiggins, Young, Bennett will be hard to beat.

Bledsoe will never agree to this. so its not gonna happen.

smith&wesson
08-22-2014, 05:05 PM
The other thing nobody is mentioning is that Phoenix has 25-30+ million in cap space I believe. They could easily take back Martin's contract. Not sure how valuable that would be to Flip Saunders though.

yeah because that trumps playing with lebron lol... in order for this to work, Love has to commit to phx and bledsoe has to agree to s&t to minni..

neither player are going to agree to those terms. theres no way.

bucketss
08-22-2014, 05:12 PM
didn't the wolves get green back in the day when they traded garnett lol, 7 years later it would be funny to find green back in minny in exchange for another minny pf.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I will take Wiggins on a rookie deal, and a cheap Bennett/2 years of Thad all day over maxing out Bledsoe.

Arch Stanton
08-22-2014, 05:22 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Suns offered Eric Bledsoe to the T-Wolves for Kevin Love. Minnesota declined. (ESPN)

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Wonder if Wolves could still get a Bledsoe deal done centered around Rubio?

bucketss
08-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Wonder if Wolves could still get a Bledsoe deal done centered around Rubio?

rubio is trash, maybe later in the season if he ends up improving his value.

Confusious
08-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Wouldn't be a bad choice if they weren't already getting Wiggins, and had LaVine/Rubio.
And one day before the trade with Cleveland becomes official? Talk about dumb. Should've made the push a month ago...

Arch Stanton
08-22-2014, 06:31 PM
@KeithBritton86: According to @ESPNSteinLine, Kevin Love to #Cavs deal likely to be finalized sometime between noon-3p ET time frame on Saturday.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 07:02 PM
rubio is trash, maybe later in the season if he ends up improving his value.

I watched him get owned on both ends of the floor by Cory Joseph in a Canada vs Spain Exhibition earlier Rubio almost cost Spain the game and Canada only sent their bench to play. I think Rubio needs to get resigned soon too so swapping him and maybe Martin for Bledsoe would make sense in a way.

MassoDio
08-22-2014, 07:38 PM
I watched him get owned on both ends of the floor by Cory Joseph in a Canada vs Spain Exhibition earlier Rubio almost cost Spain the game and Canada only sent their bench to play. I think Rubio needs to get resigned soon too so swapping him and maybe Martin for Bledsoe would make sense in a way.

It would make a ton of sense for Minnesota....makes absolutely ZERO sense for the Suns.

The Suns just drafted Tyler Enis, and signed Isaiah Thomas, in anticipation of the possibility of losing Bledsoe. There is no chance the Suns would trade for Rubio. None.

mike_noodles
08-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Minnesota would be stupid to not take Wiggins.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 08:39 PM
It would make a ton of sense for Minnesota....makes absolutely ZERO sense for the Suns.

The Suns just drafted Tyler Enis, and signed Isaiah Thomas, in anticipation of the possibility of losing Bledsoe. There is no chance the Suns would trade for Rubio. None.

The Suns don't have a pure PG worthy of starting yet and Ennis is too young. I don't know what the Suns are doing because they tried to resign Bledsoe too. Isiah Thomas, Dragic, and Bledsoe are all combo guards.. The Thomas trade was just dumb why would they want a 5'9 combo guard? I could see them making Dragic a shooting guard and starting Isiah Thomas at the point but really they should probably trade Thomas and Bledsoe.

king4day
08-23-2014, 01:06 PM
The Suns don't have a pure PG worthy of starting yet and Ennis is too young. I don't know what the Suns are doing because they tried to resign Bledsoe too. Isiah Thomas, Dragic, and Bledsoe are all combo guards.. The Thomas trade was just dumb why would they want a 5'9 combo guard? I could see them making Dragic a shooting guard and starting Isiah Thomas at the point but really they should probably trade Thomas and Bledsoe.

Like JR Smith was for Denver and Crawford is for the Clips. A scoring guard off the bench.