PDA

View Full Version : Wolves will get Thad Young and keep Bennett

Stunner
08-22-2014, 12:00 AM
As @JerryZgoda 1st reported, Minny's Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and Heat '15 1st-rounder go to 76ers for Thad Young. Deal done Saturday.

king4day
08-22-2014, 12:06 AM
Wow the Wolves are looking really nice now. Good blend of youth and experience.

Rubio, Young, Pek
Lavine, Shabazz, Wiggins, Bennett, Dieng.

Bright bright future in Minny.

GiantsSwaGG
08-22-2014, 12:07 AM
And the Sixers tanking begins

sixer04fan
08-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Really wanted Bennett. This is blah. Mixed feelings on the trade now.

Love you, Thad! See you around my man

Chaotic98
08-22-2014, 12:09 AM

It only began now?

sep11ie
08-22-2014, 12:09 AM

You mean began. ..2 years ago.

jaydubb
08-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Always though they should keep Bennett, I think he can turn into a quality player.

Wolves are doing great this offseason. You can argue they've had the best off season outside of the Cavs and maybe mavs.

They won't do much right away but if they keep this young team together and maybe add a few more pieces they could be the thunder 2.0 in a few years.. Watch out for them, for real..

Hawkeye15
Zgoda sucks balls. I don't care about anything he reports.

Sixers fans, don't worry about this "report".

Can we all just let it play out? Not saying this may not happen, but Zgoda isn't exactly Wojowhateverthecrapyournameis

Sota4Ever
If only we had "leverage" might have been able to get lebron and durant.

Sota4Ever
08-22-2014, 12:15 AM

Can we all just let it play out? Not saying this may not happen, but Zgoda isn't exactly Wojowhateverthecrapyournameis

Woj reported it too though..

Killerjug
08-22-2014, 12:16 AM

Woj confirmed it I believe

ghettosean
08-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Amazing rebuild so far by Minny!

Lloyd Christmas
08-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Amazing rebuild so far by Minny!

For real.

ghettosean
08-22-2014, 12:39 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11391484

thechom80
08-22-2014, 12:44 AM

I take it Jerry isn't getting a Christmas card from the Hawk household??

jakub
08-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Amazing trade! Love it for my Wolves!!

True Sports Fan
08-22-2014, 01:33 AM
Nice deal for the Wolves.

Rubio - LaVine - Wiggins - Thad - Pek

I think they should commit more to tank, although they probably will be in line for a decent lotto pick

PhillyFaninLA
08-22-2014, 05:12 AM
Are those expiring contracts? Not crazy about the deal, good players but we don't need a point guard and at 27 I think Mbah a Mout may be older than we would want.

Another first rounder and I want to see Thad excel so all the best to him.

DallasTrilla23
08-22-2014, 08:06 AM
I'll laugh if they end up having a better record now than when they had Love.

king4day
08-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Nice deal for the Wolves.

Rubio - LaVine - Wiggins - Thad - Pek

I think they should commit more to tank, although they probably will be in line for a decent lotto pick

When you think about it, do they really need to tank anymore? As you mentioned, they've added Lavine, Wiggins, also Bennett. They still are developing Dieng and Shabazz. I think Flip realizes this and is getting Young to start teaching the team the mindset of winning.

That team won't make the playoffs but is probably an 8-12 pick (lotto). Depending on their growth.
This is a new league pass team for me.

nycericanguy
08-22-2014, 08:53 AM
I'll laugh if they end up having a better record now than when they had Love.

What's Love's career win %? Like 34%? I wouldn't be surprised either...

Great trade for MIN if true... giving up Bennett made no sense.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Are those expiring contracts? Not crazy about the deal, good players but we don't need a point guard and at 27 I think Mbah a Mout may be older than we would want.

all expirings and boute is here for Embiid since they are close.

sixer04fan
08-22-2014, 09:39 AM
all expirings and boute is here for Embiid since they are close.

Eh... I think that's more of a nice coincidence than a purpose for the trade. We didn't trade Thad so that Embiid could have a close friend. I really doubt that had any bearing on the players involved in the trade whatsoever

WSU Tony
08-22-2014, 09:55 AM
The Wolves are back into watching individual players rather than the team... Lots of turnovers are coming. Lots of last minute losses are coming. I couldn't be happier with Flip and the return he got - he did really well.

MN Out: Love, Shved, Moute, 1st (20's)
MN In: Wiggins, Bennett, Young

Wiggins will have ample opportunity to be "the man" on this team. For the NBA - this is probably a good thing. Nobody likes watching a high upside rookie being held down - set the kid free!

InRoseWeTrust
08-22-2014, 10:01 AM
And the Sixers tanking continues

Fixed.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Woj confirmed it I believe

then its true haha.

Flip has done as good of a job on paper as you could for a star who was leaving.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 10:05 AM

they are expiring contracts, yep. Hinkie is looking for yet another pick.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 10:08 AM
When you think about it, do they really need to tank anymore? As you mentioned, they've added Lavine, Wiggins, also Bennett. They still are developing Dieng and Shabazz. I think Flip realizes this and is getting Young to start teaching the team the mindset of winning.

That team won't make the playoffs but is probably an 8-12 pick (lotto). Depending on their growth.
This is a new league pass team for me.

We will still lose 50 games for sure. Too much youth, Pekovic misses 20 games a year, and lots of growing pains. I would guess we still end up with a top 6 pick next season, but the rebuild is theoretically much more progressed than when you usually lose your star player and you already weren't a playoff team.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 10:09 AM
The Wolves are back into watching individual players rather than the team... Lots of turnovers are coming. Lots of last minute losses are coming. I couldn't be happier with Flip and the return he got - he did really well.

MN Out: Love, Shved, Moute, 1st (20's)
MN In: Wiggins, Bennett, Young

Wiggins will have ample opportunity to be "the man" on this team. For the NBA - this is probably a good thing. Nobody likes watching a high upside rookie being held down - set the kid free!

and even Durant or LeBron had minimal to no impact in the win column their first year. Meaning, we just need to see real, honest potential out of Wiggins. The rest is up to him, his work ethic, and his IQ.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Eh... I think that's more of a nice coincidence than a purpose for the trade. We didn't trade Thad so that Embiid could have a close friend. I really doubt that had any bearing on the players involved in the trade whatsoever

of course. im sure it was prob betwen him a barea and that was the kicker to make the decision or something like that. but hey if he does play a positive role for Embiid in whatever way then its cool

RaginRondo17
08-22-2014, 10:20 AM
It only began now?

They really don't want to give up there pick to Boston, only way they keep it if they are in the lotto. In a weak East, I thought they had a good chance before the off-season started to position themselves as one of the bottom tier playoff teams. Now they are probably looking at 30 or less wins, you are correct they've been in tank mode since last year and haven't stopped.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 10:28 AM
They really don't want to give up there pick to Boston, only way they keep it if they are in the lotto. In a weak East, I thought they had a good chance before the off-season started to position themselves as one of the bottom tier playoff teams. Now they are probably looking at 30 or less wins, you are correct they've been in tank mode since last year and haven't stopped.

that pick played no part in this trade whatsover. we werent going to make the playoffs anyway and we also basically got those 2 2nds were gonna lose back in the Magic trade for Payton

Teeboy1487
08-22-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm so impress with the moves The Wolves are making. I will be shocked if they are not a playoff team in a couple of years.

WSU Tony
08-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Rubio/Mo
Martin/LaVine/Brewer
Wiggins/Shabazz/Brewer
Bennett/Young
Pekovic/Dieng

Nice combo. Maybe the Wolves have learned from the "all youth team" of a few years ago. I still don't expect many wins, though. It should be a top 5 pick next year for them.

Half court will be tough to watch.

Rubio, Brewer, and Bennett were all top 4 in steal #'s (not per game) last year. Get this team running down the floor with the ball in Rubios hand the athleticism will find a way to get the ball though the rim.

SDvikes
08-22-2014, 11:28 AM
You forgot Chase B. - I think Chase and Mo will have a lot to do with how things go. They are now veterans and can both shoot the ball. With the athletes cutting to the rim, hopefully Mo and Bud can knock down some shots.
Pek will have a better year. Should be fun to watch. Develop Lavine and Wiggins.

mightybosstone
08-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just do not get this deal at all for Philadelphia. They essentially get two expiring contracts from weak rotational players and a pick that will be (at best) in the low 20s for a guy who was probably their best player last season. Granted, Young would probably be the third or fourth best player on any decent playoff team, but he could feasibly opt into one more year after this season, and I think he's worth a lot more than this.

Hell, the Rockets were able to get a likely lottery pick for Asik despite a horrendous last season of his contract and the fact he missed half of last season. Can any Philly fans provide some insight into what the front office is doing with this deal? Or maybe I'm just overrated Thad.

mightybosstone
08-22-2014, 11:42 AM
As for Minnesota, I echo the sentiments of everyone else in that I love what they've done this offseason. They probably won't make the playoffs for a few years, but have developed a nice mix of competent veterans and talented, young prospects. If they can keep those veterans around for a few more years and Wiggins and Bennett can reach even just half of their potential, that's a playoff team in 2-3 years. I think Minnesota is going to be that young team under .500 that nobody wants to play this season.

quartz
08-22-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm high on the timberwolves! Some may say "nah your just high" lol but I think they could be that surprise team in the west. Not saying they'd make the playoffs or win "x" amount of games, but I love the way they've shaped their team. I like them and the pelicans, the west will be an all out brawl!

hugepatsfan
08-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't understand why MIN is doing this? They're not going to compete during Young's contract. I get that they cleared some log jams and added a 4 to the mix that they needed but I don't see why they gave up a pick to do so.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 12:02 PM
This trade has a chance to be the worst trade ever for the Cavs. I don't know how ****ing Kevin Love who is not going to resign gets you 2 #1 overall picks and a 1st rd draft pick absolute robery by T-wolves. T-wolves Gm should get GM of the year just look at what others got when they traded their stars in the last year of their contracts.

sixers247
08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
This trade has a chance to be the worst trade ever for the Cavs. I don't know how ****ing Kevin Love who is not going to resign gets you 2 #1 overall picks and a 1st rd draft pick absolute robery by T-wolves. T-wolves Gm should get GM of the year just look at what others got when they traded their stars in the last year of their contracts.

He is going to sign....

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't understand why MIN is doing this? They're not going to compete during Young's contract. I get that they cleared some log jams and added a 4 to the mix that they needed but I don't see why they gave up a pick to do so.

we are doing it to make sure we don't go TOO young, and we need another PF on the roster badly, we are so out of balance if we don't.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 12:04 PM
He is going to sign....

I meant for T-wolves

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Only part of T-wolves young squad I don't like is Rubio. That guy is awful they should trade him ASAP.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just do not get this deal at all for Philadelphia. They essentially get two expiring contracts from weak rotational players and a pick that will be (at best) in the low 20s for a guy who was probably their best player last season. Granted, Young would probably be the third or fourth best player on any decent playoff team, but he could feasibly opt into one more year after this season, and I think he's worth a lot more than this.

Hell, the Rockets were able to get a likely lottery pick for Asik despite a horrendous last season of his contract and the fact he missed half of last season. Can any Philly fans provide some insight into what the front office is doing with this deal? Or maybe I'm just overrated Thad.

Thad already told us he was going to opt out. were gonna blow either way so get what you think is probably the best deal available for a guy whose gonna walk

YoungOne
08-22-2014, 12:27 PM
sixers will never stop tanking

smith&wesson
08-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Rubio, Martin, Wiggins, Young, Pekovic, Bennett, Shabazz, Dieng, LaVine, Barea, Mo Williams, Brewer..

I like their team better after the love trade.

koreancabbage
08-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Rubio, Martin, Wiggins, Young, Pekovic, Bennett, Shabazz, Dieng, LaVine, Barea, Mo Williams, Brewer..

I like their team better after the love trade.

agreed. but doesn't mean they will go anywhere. I expect this team to miss the playoffs the next two to three years, esp in the West.

THE MTL
08-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Sixers roster doesn't belong in the NBA.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 12:55 PM
sure it does. our starting 5 includes the ROY, rookie 3pt leader, and best talent from last years draft. its just young but there is more talent then people realize when you add Wroten, Sims, McDaniels (voted as the best defender in this rookie class by all rookies, yes ahead of wiggins) too who all can play. too young and too inexperienced to win anything but we got a solid foundation started.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2014, 12:56 PM
That's going to be a nice, young line-up:

PG - Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barrea, Mo Williams
SG - Kevin Martin, Zach LaVine
SF - Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger
PF - Thaddeus Young, Anthony Bennett, Robbie Hummel
C - Nikola Pekovic, Gorgui Dieng

Now they just need to get rid of Martin, and eventually Pekovic, and they'll be set up nicely for rebuilding. I wonder how Bennett will figure in. I'd make him the primary back-up at both forward spots, to make sure he gets minutes as at least the team's sixth man.
That's a pretty raw but deep team.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 12:57 PM
That's going to be a nice, young line-up:

PG - Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barrea, Mo Williams
SG - Kevin Martin, Zach LaVine
SF - Thaddeus Young, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger
PF - Anthony Bennett, Robbie Hummel
C - Nikola Pekovic, Gorgui Dieng

Now they just need to get rid of Martin, and eventually Pekovic, and they'll be set up nicely for rebuilding. I personally think Young should play power forward. Bennett, even after slimming down, is still much bulkier and better to go against other power forwards. They're both 6'8"; the only advantage to Young is that he's probably got more hops at this point.

you left out Andrew Wiggins haha.

He needs to start at SF, with Young at PF. Barea will be moved as well, guarantee it.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
sure it does. our starting 5 includes the ROY, rookie 3pt leader, and best talent from last years draft. its just young but there is more talent then people realize when you add Wroten, Sims, McDaniels (voted as the best defender in this rookie class by all rookies, yes ahead of wiggins) too who all can play. too young and too inexperienced to win anything but we got a solid foundation started.

ROY in a horrible rookie year, but yes, he at least looks the part of an NBA player.

Philly will suck again, but their roster does have some young talent for sure. In 2-3 years, they could very well be a good team, but that is contingent on a lot of development.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2014, 01:01 PM
I realized before you posted my mistake. My edit includes him.
But jeez; the roster looked halfway decent even without Wiggins. I'd personally like to see Wiggins play some shooting guard, despite his ball-handling issues. Put him, Young and Bennett in the line-up and watch them go. But Bennett could be a good sixth man, backing up both forward spots and still getting good minutes.

you left out Andrew Wiggins haha.

He needs to start at SF, with Young at PF. Barea will be moved as well, guarantee it.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 01:04 PM
I realized before you posted my mistake. My edit includes him.
But jeez; the roster looked halfway decent even without Wiggins. I'd personally like to see Wiggins play some shooting guard, despite his ball-handling issues. Put him, Young and Bennett in the line-up and watch them go. But Bennett could be a good sixth man, backing up both forward spots and still getting good minutes.

Wiggins will probably start at SF, so we can have Martin at SG, and at least have one respectable 3 point shooter on the floor. Brewer will play minutes at the 3 next to Wiggins I am guessing at some point.

Wiggins will guard the opposing teams best wing every night. Remember though, Pek/Dieng will always be on the floor, and Turiaf when Pek misses his annual 20 games..

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 01:05 PM
ROY in a horrible rookie year, but yes, he at least looks the part of an NBA player.

Philly will suck again, but their roster does have some young talent for sure. In 2-3 years, they could very well be a good team, but that is contingent on a lot of development.

of course, as it does for Minny as well with Lavine and Wiggins being really raw. doesnt matter if the rook class was weak MCW had historical games and played his best against the best. Just needs to get some shooters around him to finish off that development in a yaar or two. Sixers are gonna need that wing to finish this off and the wolves prob a center like Okafor

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 01:10 PM
of course, as it does for Minny as well with Lavine and Wiggins being really raw. doesnt matter if the rook class was weak MCW had historical games and played his best against the best. Just needs to get some shooters around him to finish off that development in a yaar or two. Sixers are gonna need that wing to finish this off and the wolves prob a center like Okafor

MCW was not that good last year honestly, but it's beyond difficult to gauge a rookie that had literally no help.

I like your frontcourt future for sure. You need a wing scorer at some point, but baby steps :)

Same with my team now.

ghettosean
08-22-2014, 01:26 PM
MCW was not that good last year honestly, but it's beyond difficult to gauge a rookie that had literally no help.

I like your frontcourt future for sure. You need a wing scorer at some point, but baby steps :)

Same with my team now.

baby steps... LOL... your roster looks pretty damn solid just need development as far as I can see. You're being very modest but I'm sure your busting with joy after all these moves.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Wiggins will probably start at SF, so we can have Martin at SG, and at least have one respectable 3 point shooter on the floor. Brewer will play minutes at the 3 next to Wiggins I am guessing at some point.

Wiggins will guard the opposing teams best wing every night. Remember though, Pek/Dieng will always be on the floor, and Turiaf when Pek misses his annual 20 games..

You gotta play Martin to shop him, I guess. But one of Minnesota's top priorities should be getting rid of him to make more minutes for Wiggins, LaVine and their other young wings. Luckily Martin only makes about $6.5 million per season.
I've heard Wiggins has some ball-handling issues, but I'd really like to see him grow into a shooting guard-small forward combo role, a la Paul George. Hopefully he can learn to pass well.

sixers247
08-22-2014, 01:30 PM

Same with my team now.

Now if we could combine out bigs with your wings we would have one hell of a team lol.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 01:37 PM

Same with my team now.

MCW waas better then most think. it really does past the eye test on both ends and the way he rebounded after hitting teh wall in was really great to see. With some shooters a post prescence like Embiid hes going to be a hell of a PG. His jumper isnt that good still but he can hit the open 3 right now but with his shoulder injury i doubt its improved yet.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Now if we could combine out bigs with your wings we would have one hell of a team lol.

hah i had the same thought

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 01:45 PM
If given time I'm betting Bennett has a better year offensively than Wiggins.

smith&wesson
08-22-2014, 01:46 PM
agreed. but doesn't mean they will go anywhere. I expect this team to miss the playoffs the next two to three years, esp in the West.

not yet, the young guys need to develop..but in a couple years they could be a nice team.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 01:48 PM
If given time I'm betting Bennett has a better year offensively than Wiggins.

i dont think either has a stand out year this season. Pek and Martin are still gonig to get their touches first. Bennett just needs to show injuries affected his poor play last year and Wiggins needs to show he can D up and improve his handle

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 01:56 PM
i dont think either has a stand out year this season. Pek and Martin are still gonig to get their touches first. Bennett just needs to show injuries affected his poor play last year and Wiggins needs to show he can D up and improve his handle

Bennett's built like a tank though I could see him having a big year. He's got a way more skill than people give him credit. Wiggins is raw and I could see him struggling to score but he'll still be one of the main options so he'll probably put up points just not efficiently. I don't know why the T-wolves aren't trading Martin and Pekovic they should just go into full rebuild mode at this point.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 02:01 PM
those deals arent that easy to move

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 02:02 PM
baby steps... LOL... your roster looks pretty damn solid just need development as far as I can see. You're being very modest but I'm sure your busting with joy after all these moves.

I am very happy with what we were able to get for Love. However, in my teams history, at what point have they given their fans a reason to believe they will get this right?

At this point of my fanhood to my puppies, I never set myself up for disappointment. I am shocked Wiggins kneecap didn't fly off in a summer league game and his acl shoot out onto the court like a spring with our luck.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Shout out to the 76'rs for making the league have to implement anti-tanking rules next year!

Tony_Starks
08-22-2014, 02:04 PM
I am very happy with what we were able to get for Love. However, in my teams history, at what point have they given their fans a reason to believe they will get this right?

At this point of my fanhood to my puppies, I never set myself up for disappointment. I am shocked Wiggins kneecap didn't fly off in a summer league game and his acl shoot out onto the court like a spring with our luck.

You guys are good with Wiggins and don't sleep on Bennet. They both will play with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.....

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 02:07 PM
You gotta play Martin to shop him, I guess. But one of Minnesota's top priorities should be getting rid of him to make more minutes for Wiggins, LaVine and their other young wings. Luckily Martin only makes about $6.5 million per season.
I've heard Wiggins has some ball-handling issues, but I'd really like to see him grow into a shooting guard-small forward combo role, a la Paul George. Hopefully he can learn to pass well.

he will need to work on his handles big time to reach his potential, because that is the death of a player with that talent level in relation to his superstar potential.

LA_Raiders
08-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Wow, what a steal. Minny better take advantage of its young core group or they will be all gone.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Wow, what a steal. Minny better take advantage of its young core group or they will be all gone.

It's funny because Cleveland ended up with Lebron and Love and yet their GM accomplished it in the worst possible way imaginable.

Confusious
08-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Good job Minny. I didn't want you guys giving up Bennett. I really think Wiggins and Bennett will do good together with time. Keep that Canadian connection alive!

Can't wait for tomorrow. :)

It's funny because Cleveland ended up with Lebron and Love and yet their GM accomplished it in the worst possible way imaginable.
Oh? And how is that? Did we give up LeBron to get Love? Or did we move Irving for cap space?

"Worst possible way imaginable." You're just really dramatic.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Good job Minny. I didn't want you guys giving up Bennett. I really think Wiggins and Bennett will do good together with time. Keep that Canadian connection alive!

Can't wait for tomorrow. :)

Oh? And how is that? Did we give up LeBron to get Love? Or did we move Irving for cap space?

"Worst possible way imaginable." You're just really dramatic.

Lol talk about bandwagon you have Canada as your location and you refer to the Cavs "We". To answer your question "they" gave up two first overall picks + 1 1st rounder for an overrated PF in the the last year of his deal to a team that had no leverage.

Stunner
08-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Lol talk about bandwagon you have Canada as your location and you refer to the Cavs "We". To answer your question "they" gave up two first overall picks + 1 1st rounder for an overrated PF in the the last year of his deal to a team that had no leverage.

He was a bulls fan and left when Rose got hurt

sixers247
08-22-2014, 03:05 PM

HAHAHA he really was checking back at his posts. Credability gone.

WSU Tony
08-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Stop with the "Wolves had no leverage." They had enough leverage the Cavs didn't want to sit and hold Wiggins hostage - they made the call and got the job done. You have to be just crazy enough that the league believes you. The Wolves have made so many bad moves that when the GM said without Wiggins the trade doesn't happen, the Cavs had no choice but to respect the sentiment.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Stop with the "Wolves had no leverage." They had enough leverage the Cavs didn't want to sit and hold Wiggins hostage - they made the call and got the job done. You have to be just crazy enough that the league believes you. The Wolves have made so many bad moves that when the GM said without Wiggins the trade doesn't happen, the Cavs had no choice but to respect the sentiment.

I should correct myself they had no leverage until Queen James opened his big fat mouth. If James had shut up they would have got Love for much less.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 03:19 PM

I get being a fan of a player but when you act like a diehard of that team that's what gets to me. I like Durant and Curry but you won't see me call OKC or GS my team and I could get away with it since I have no team close to me.

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Cavs werent getting Love for anything less. They had no guarantee to sign Love as a FA next year and now they get his bird rights as well.

sixers247
08-22-2014, 03:24 PM
I get being a fan of a player but when you act like a diehard of that team that's what gets to me. I like Durant and Curry but you won't see me call OKC or GS my team and I could get away with it since I have no team close to me.

Totally agree, I love Lebron but Sixers or nothing.

Ty Fast
08-22-2014, 03:29 PM

it began along time ago lol

WITZ
08-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Agreed with that when news first broke of a Love potential deal I was 100% against including Wiggin and as time flew by thinking maybe the twolves would get antsy given the only other offer out there was Lee/Barnes. It was clear both teams wanted to get it done and the sooner the better for chemistry and familiarity with the system it was best to get add a player of Love's caliber it was better sooner rather than later in the season. We don't know what Wiggins will become so when you have the opportunity to add at top 10 player you do what needs to get deal done I was just being a greedy fan at the start thinking a deal would get done without him. And as it came down to it a lineup consisting of Kyrie-Waiters-Lbj-Love-Andy than Kyrie-Wiggins-Lbj-TT-Andy is better suited to compete.

WSU Tony
08-22-2014, 03:45 PM
We would have gotten along 35 days ago with that mentality, WITZ.

WITZ
08-22-2014, 03:58 PM
:laugh2: Well most fans ,myself included are greedy and always hoping to jip other teams in deals. But this is about as win-win a deal you can find for both teams just took some time to put the homer shades away and realize it.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 04:07 PM
I should correct myself they had no leverage until Queen James opened his big fat mouth. If James had shut up they would have got Love for much less.

do you bash every player/team equally?

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 04:19 PM
do you bash every player/team equally?

Who do I bash outside of Cleveland and maybe Miami?

MTar786
08-22-2014, 04:56 PM
i really like shved. 76ers got a good player imo

Hawkeye15
08-22-2014, 05:22 PM

no, they didn't. He will piss their fans off, trust me.

thechom80
08-22-2014, 06:17 PM

I'm sorry, I can't take your opinion seriously. :)

Confusious
08-22-2014, 06:31 PM
I "left" in 2011 because the forum got repetitive. The Chicago section thinks it's fun to pretend to be homosexuals. And if you think I "left" because of that, then you're really thick headed. I have always loved Cleveland, but because I didn't post in a section that averages 30 people when it's at its most active, on a forum? Well then, you clearly have me pegged.

I guess you missed all of my Rose is a ***** posts in the last few years, huh? But you're right, I left because of him!

So if you don't post somewhere on a forum, your credibility goes out the window? Interesting. I love food and working out. There's no forum for that though. Does that mean my credibility goes out the window for that too? ***** please.

People on forums take this thing so seriously. I don't have to defend my interests in teams with anybody, much less some dudes on a forum. :)

I watched all 82 Minnesota games last year too, but oh my god I didn't post in their forum at all, clearly this means I'm a horrible bandwagon jumping fanboy. :rolleyes: :clap:

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 06:39 PM
no, they didn't. He will piss their fans off, trust me.

i know he stunk in Minny but i liked his game in the last Olympics with Russia. he has 0 expectations here and is playing for a contract so hopefully we can see a little something from him

2-ONE-5
08-22-2014, 06:40 PM
I "left" in 2011 because the forum got repetitive. The Chicago section thinks it's fun to pretend to be homosexuals. And if you think I "left" because of that, then you're really thick headed. I have always loved Cleveland, but because I didn't post in a section that averages 30 people when it's at its most active, on a forum? Well then, you clearly have me pegged.

I guess you missed all of my Rose is a ***** posts in the last few years, huh? But you're right, I left because of him!

So if you don't post somewhere on a forum, your credibility goes out the window? Interesting. I love food and working out. There's no forum for that though. Does that mean my credibility goes out the window for that too? ***** please.

People on forums take this thing so seriously. I don't have to defend my interests in teams with anybody, much less some dudes on a forum. :)

I watched all 82 Minnesota games last year too, but oh my god I didn't post in their forum at all, clearly this means I'm a horrible bandwagon jumping fanboy. :rolleyes: :clap:

yea there is. the fitness forum is very good and informative actually

Confusious
08-22-2014, 06:44 PM
yea there is. the fitness forum is very good and informative actually
Interesting. Well, I continue to maintain the opinion and belief that you do not need to post in a forum to show your loyalty to something that you're passionate about. And if someone uses your posts in a certain forum as a means to discredit you, well then that's absolutely ********.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 06:56 PM

Did you actually? That's quite impressive if true. I can see watching them this year but why did you watch them last year they were awful.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 06:59 PM

C'mon man nobody loves Cleveland. Even people from Cleveland don't love Cleveland lol.

Stunner
08-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Lmao

5ass
08-22-2014, 07:09 PM
C'mon man nobody loves Cleveland. Even people from Cleveland don't love Cleveland lol.

LeBron does... Love at least tolerates it.

JustinTime
08-22-2014, 07:23 PM
LeBron does... Love at least tolerates it.

Lebron left to go to Miami remember and he would have stayed had they been able to put a better team together. Lebron didn't come back because he loves Cleveland he came back because it was the best opportunity for him available and the only place he could leave to without being crucified. Love said he wouldn't sign with Cleveland unless Lebron went there so he clearly loves Lebron not Cleveland.

Confusious
08-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Did you actually? That's quite impressive if true. I can see watching them this year but why did you watch them last year they were awful.
Watched most of the Cavs games too, primarily for Irving, but was intrigued by Bennett and what he would become, as well as Waiters and TT and everybody else. And the Suns. Loved how they implemented the two PGs on the floor at the same time. Thought that was so interesting and entertaining. I'm just a fan of the game.

I don't really care about if teams are awful or not. That's why I am a fan of the Bulls (or was, I think the Bulls section will revoke my fan badge :rolleyes:), because they're usually a good contender team. But it's all about entertainment. And KLove has been one of my absolute favourite players since his second season (when I started to pay attention to him).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8