PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will be the top 5 players after the regular season?

NOsportsFAN
08-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Pretty simple, when the 2014-15 is all said and done, who will be the top 5 players in the league?

goingfor28
08-21-2014, 08:03 PM
1 Lebron
2 Kd
3 4 5 in no particular order Blake, Steph and The Brow :shrug:

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2014, 08:17 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Chris Paul
5. Stephen Curry

FlashBolt
08-21-2014, 08:28 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Chris Paul
5. Stephen Curry

Seems like it. Might want to throw Blake and Love there at 5b,5c.

Seizabmc
08-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Lbj
Melo
Kd
Cp3
Tony p

WaDe03
08-21-2014, 09:28 PM
No order:

Wade
LeBron
Durant
CP3
Westbrook

Hawkeye15
08-21-2014, 09:31 PM
LeBron
Durant
Davis
Curry
Paul

Dade County
08-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Wade
KD
Rose
Lbj
Westbrook

Then...

Blake
Kobe
Melo

koreancabbage
08-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Lebron
Durant
Anthony Davis
Griffin
Westbrook

hugepatsfan
08-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Patrick Beverly
James Harden
Trevor Ariza
Terrence Jones
Dwight Howard

Vinny642
08-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Lmao Wade

Raps18-19 Champ
08-21-2014, 09:58 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Chris Paul
5. Kevin Love

WaDe03
08-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Lmao Wade

Who's in your top 5?

JasonJohnHorn
08-22-2014, 01:53 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Chris Paul
5. Stephen Curry

I'm pretty content with this list.... 1 and 2 may swap out with each other, and 3 and 4 may swap out with each other..... I like Steph Curry a lot.... but if one of these is off it is Curry. It depends how yougner guys like Blake and DMC develop.

Vinny642
08-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Who's in your top 5?

At the end of the season...

Lebron
KD
Davis
CP3
Curry/Blake

Wade is no where near the Top 10 anymore

slashsnake
08-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Bron.
Durant.
Davis.
Blake.
Aldridge.

jerellh528
08-23-2014, 12:44 AM
1.KD
2.Griffin
3.James
4.Paul
5.Love

MTar786
08-23-2014, 11:57 AM
1) smush
2) mad dog
3) jermaine oneal
4) jeremy lin
5) lebron
6) jason kidd

ManRam
08-23-2014, 12:41 PM
1. KD
2. LeBron
3. Curry
4. Paul
5. Love

I love Davis, but I think people are being a bit too quick to push him up here. He's still got a lot of work to do. He'll obviously continue to improve, but he wasn't close to top-5 last year and even his defense last year was at times suspect.

And Wade still won't be the best player on that team....let alone top-5.

WaDe03
08-23-2014, 12:46 PM
1. KD
2. LeBron
3. Curry
4. Paul
5. Love

I love Davis, but I think people are being a bit too quick to push him up here. He's still got a lot of work to do. He'll obviously continue to improve, but he wasn't close to top-5 last year and even his defense last year was at times suspect.

Wade will definitely be the best player on the team. Wade was second option to LeBron Bosh was always third. It's funny now that LeBron left some people suddenly think Bosh is the best player. I guess because of his contract I don't know. I guarantee Wade is the best player on the Heat and is going to have a great year.

MTar786
08-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Wade will definitely be the best player on the team. Wade was second option to LeBron Bosh was always third. It's funny now that LeBron left some people suddenly think Bosh is the best player. I guess because of his contract I don't know. I guarantee Wade is the best player on the Heat and is going to have a great year.

its too risky for miami to have the offense revolve around wade. Its too risky because of his age and injury history. thats the only reason bosh will be the number one option in miami. if wade proves to be healthy then obviously he's better than bosh.

MTar786
08-23-2014, 01:02 PM
looks to me that steph curry is super over rated in this forum

mrblisterdundee
08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Seems like it. Might want to throw Blake and Love there at 5b,5c.

When looking at offense, I include distribution in the equation. Combine points and offense from distribution, and LeBron and Paul are more valuable offensively than Blake or Love. Plus they're more valuable on the defensive end.

Dash86
08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. CP3
4. Rose
5. Harden

Vinny642
08-23-2014, 05:22 PM
1. KD
2. LeBron
3. Curry
4. Paul
5. Love

Such a misguided response... his defense was his worst aspect last season... his offense was greatly improved from his rookie season. And now he is banging 3's down, and his post game has improved.

Now back to his defense, he was still sort of underweight, and he was going against C's a lot of the time, and they were just too big for him. But this offseason, he has getting bigger in muscle and weight. Also with the acquisition of Asik, he will usually defend the opposing PFs, which should improve his defensive efficiency.

And Im not saying you are wrong in people pushing him too fast, they probably are, I know I am but I am a Pelicans fan so of course I want him in the top 5.

Clippersfan86
08-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Lebron
Durant

3, 4, 5 will be filled by Griffin, Curry, Love or Davis. Pretty much what 28 said.

ManRam
08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Such a misguided response... his defense was his worst aspect last season... his offense was greatly improved from his rookie season. And now he is banging 3's down, and his post game has improved.

Now back to his defense, he was still sort of underweight, and he was going against C's a lot of the time, and they were just too big for him. But this offseason, he has getting bigger in muscle and weight. Also with the acquisition of Asik, he will usually defend the opposing PFs, which should improve his defensive efficiency.

And Im not saying you are wrong in people pushing him too fast, they probably are, I know I am but I am a Pelicans fan so of course I want him in the top 5.

Not sure you're saying that what I said is actually misguided. You agreed with me that his defense wasn't where people assumed it was. You're talking about improvements he's made in the off-season...and until it translates in the NBA season it still qualifies as "work to do". I'm not saying he can't be a top-5 player next year, I'm just saying he wasn't close last year so I think it's a bit hasty to assume he instantly will be. I love AD. I think he'll eventually be the league's best player. I'm just not quite convinced he takes the step into top-5 player next year. That's all.

Vinny642
08-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Not sure you're saying that what I said is actually misguided. You agreed with me that his defense wasn't where people assumed it was. You're talking about improvements he's made in the off-season...and until it translates in the NBA season it still qualifies as "work to do". I'm not saying he can't be a top-5 player next year, I'm just saying he wasn't close last year so I think it's a bit hasty to assume he instantly will be. I love AD. I think he'll eventually be the league's best player. I'm just not quite convinced he takes the step into top-5 player next year. That's all.

I didnt sleep yet, so I cant really formulate a precise response. But the way I took "Even his defense was suspect", was inferring that his defense was his best aspect, and all other aspects of his game were lower, when in reality his offense was a lot better than his defense, and his offense is very underlooked and underrated.

This upcoming season will be very interesting, I've heard nothing but good things about what he has been working on, and him bulking up.
I can see why you say it would be a hasty decision to put him into the Top 5, and even I wouldn't put him there. But I know he has the tools and I hope he does end up as a Top 5 player at the end of this season.

FraziersKnicks
08-27-2014, 10:44 AM
I think there will be a clear top 7.

LeBron
KD
CP3

Then, in no particular order:

Love
Davis
Griffin
Curry

Depending on who has the better season out of those 4, they'll join the top 3 which are already locks.

Then 8-10 is a toss up between Melo, Harden and Westbrook.

If someone held a gun to my head, and asked for my personal top 10 in order, I would go:

1. LeBron
2. KD
3. CP3
4. Love
5. Griffin
6. Davis
7. Curry
8. Melo
9. Westbrook
10. Harden

valade16
08-27-2014, 11:05 AM
1. Bron
2. KD
3. Chris Paul
4. Steph Curry
5. Damian Lillard (Homer pick)

PhillyFaninLA
08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Leborn
Durant

Curry
Noah
Love

Chronz
08-27-2014, 11:46 AM
KD-Bron
AD

The rest have potential . I can see Westbrook joining the fold after an injury plagued year. Curry should have his peak seasons in the coming years, unless prioritizing Klay takes away from him (doubtful). CP3 is probably going to decline in the coming years and was no longer the clear cut best at his position but if he sustains his efficiency for yet another season, I would have him in the conversation here as well.

ghettosean
08-27-2014, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

Sanjay
08-30-2014, 02:49 AM
Assuming Rose does not get back to his best: LeBron (to regain his MVP title), Durant, Paul, Griffin, Parker.

5ass
08-30-2014, 03:17 AM
KD-Bron
AD

The rest have potential . I can see Westbrook joining the fold after an injury plagued year. Curry should have his peak seasons in the coming years, unless prioritizing Klay takes away from him (doubtful). CP3 is probably going to decline in the coming years and was no longer the clear cut best at his position but if he sustains his efficiency for yet another season, I would have him in the conversation here as well.
I think Harden will be right there with Davis, Westbrook, curry, etc. He's basically the rockets' only ball handler, Parsons and Lin are gone. The world cup should be a great experience as well.

DemarDerozan
08-30-2014, 03:55 AM
KD
Lebron
CP3
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis

Sleeper picks: Dragic, Kawhi, Bradley Beal and Blake. I expect Demar, John Wall and LMA to get MVP votes as well. Maybe Westbrook and KLove.

DemarDerozan
08-30-2014, 04:06 AM
Lmao Wade

I respect Heat fans for the first time in a while. Good on them for sticking by their team and not following the Lebronophile bandwagon to CLE.

It may be unlikely... But I hope Wade and Bosh destroy Cleveland this year.

DemarDerozan
08-30-2014, 04:09 AM
1. Bron
2. KD
3. Chris Paul
4. Steph Curry
5. Damian Lillard (Homer pick)

I can see Lillard reaching this level... LMA was top five for the first half of last season. He was even #1 on the espn chart for a couple weeks if I remember correctly.

Vinny642
08-30-2014, 04:14 AM
I respect Heat fans for the first time in a while. Good on them for sticking by their team and not following the Lebronophile bandwagon to CLE.

It may be unlikely... But I hope Wade and Bosh destroy Cleveland this year.

Thats cool and all but Wade isnt even close to top 10 level anymore

DanG
08-30-2014, 05:26 AM
in no order:

Davis
LeBron
KD
Westbrook
Griffin

I think OKC will dominate this year. The only question would be can they beat the spurs because no one in the east can beat them in a 7 game series.

Munkeysuit
08-30-2014, 06:32 AM
I am laughing at everyone placing Steph Curry so high up on their list, and I am also intrigued! could the majority of you possibly know more than I do? or is this another season of illusions? However, my list

1.Lebron
2.Durant
3.Melo (don't want it to be, but on a team with no help? he's guna put up some huge numbers)
4.CP3
5.Harden

Silent
08-30-2014, 08:58 AM
James
Durant
Davis
Noah
Curry

FlashBolt
08-30-2014, 01:13 PM
LeBron
Durant
Davis
Curry
Paul

Shammyguy3
08-30-2014, 01:59 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Paul
5. Davis

I don't expect Davis to make such an enormous jump into the top-3. I think Paul takes a baby step back in production and Curry continues to produce offensively and take a step forward defensively. Dark-horse players that I can see making it into the top-5 include Westbrook, Griffin, Howard, and Rose