PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NBA Mock Playoffs 3rd Round: (1) Houston Rockets vs (2) OKC Thunder

roshan3ai
08-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site took the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Rockets have home court advantage.

Houston Rockets Depth Chart:
PG: Patrick Beverly / Norris Cole / Isaiah Cannan
SG: Dwyane Wade / Mike Dunleavy / Troy Daniels
SF: LeBron James / Mike Dunleavy /Omri Casspi
PF: Kris Humphries / Nick Collison / Robert Covington
C: Dwight Howard / Nick Collison Donatas Motiejunas

Oklahoma City Thunder Depth Chart:
PG: Jrue Holliday/Mo Williams
SG: Monta Ellis/Rodney Stuckey/Evan Fournier/Carrick Felix
SF: Kevin Durant/Richard Jefferson/Tony Mitchell
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Reggie Evans
C: Omer Asik/Pero Antic/Vitor Faverani

TrueFan420
08-20-2014, 12:55 AM
OKC... Far better balanced and depth.

Houston messed up big time by not getting shooters to play with LBJ

Mr.Nate30
08-20-2014, 12:59 AM
Just moved into my dorm today. but have a couple questions for H-Town.

Can Wade keep up with Ellis and his speed?

How do you plan on stopping LMA?

What's you're offensive scheme with a lack of perimeter shooters in starting line up

Mr.Nate30
08-20-2014, 12:02 PM
bump

dalton749
08-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Okc because Houston can't shoot a basketball. They're not getting 70% of their points in the paint

mightybosstone
08-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm leaning toward OKC, but I want to see some actual debate. Also, (for the third time) I still don't understand why Houston wouldn't go with Dunleavy instead of Humphries in that starting lineup considering how well Lebron plays with shooters around him. I'd like to see a Houston GM actually address a single point at some point in these playoffs.

Corey
08-20-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd like to see a Houston GM actually address a single point at some point in these playoffs.

Dad has an incurable lung disease, has been in the hospital since friday because of lyme disease, had a spinal tap, possible permanent nerve damage.

I really dont have time for writeups and defending a team right now.

Sorry.

mightybosstone
08-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Dad has an incurable lung disease, has been in the hospital since friday because of lyme disease, had a spinal tap, possible permanent nerve damage.

I really dont have time for writeups and defending a team right now.

Sorry.

I'm sorry to hear that. It wasn't mean to be a personal attack, and I hope your father gets well as soon as possible. But I was under the impression that you had a co-GM. When I've had real life issues to deal with in the past, I just had my co handle stuff like this until I had free time again.

Corey
08-20-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. It wasn't mean to be a personal attack, and I hope your father gets well as soon as possible. But I was under the impression that you had a co-GM. When I've had real life issues to deal with in the past, I just had my co handle stuff like this until I had free time again.

Oh I know, ive just been modding from my phone the past week or two I really havent had time.

I knew you weren't attacking me, I probably sounded catty, my patience is just really low right now :(

Mr.Nate30
08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Damn Corey sorry to hear about your father hope he gets well soon. Congrats on making it this far. May the best team win.

Mr.Nate30
08-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Bump

Mr.Nate30
08-21-2014, 02:17 PM
10 hours to vote.

KnicksorBust
08-21-2014, 04:35 PM
OKC. Is this the team that breaks the Kevin Durant curse?? :)

Mr.Nate30
08-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't that be something if me and Westy broke the KD curse :laugh:

Westbrook36
08-21-2014, 05:07 PM
OKC. Is this the team that breaks the Kevin Durant curse?? :)

Hope so :jumpy: