PDA

View Full Version : Marion commits to join Cavs

MrfadeawayJB
08-17-2014, 10:44 AM
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Shawn Marion has committed this weekend to sign with the Cavaliers

@ESPNSteinLine: Cavs can only offer minimum deal to Shawn Marion but sources say chance to play with LeBron and play for a title trumped all other offers

MrfadeawayJB
08-17-2014, 10:46 AM
IMO his easiest road to a potential finals appearance. Any FA with title aspirations should stay away from the western conference

Cal827
08-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Well, now Cleveland is stacked lol

Still think they need a little inside help though, but now I can believe people who want to put them over the Bulls

Romo2Bryant
08-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Not everyday you get to play with LeBron. Smart move.

VikesTwinsWolve
08-17-2014, 10:57 AM
How dare he not sign with Clippersfan86's beloved team! He did say everyone the clips are after always sign...haha

ManRam
08-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Kyrie - Waiters - James - Love - Varejao starting is obviously solid. Dellavedova, Miller, Jones, Marion, Thompson and Hayward now mark some really solid depth. Still gotta get something better behind Varejao, but aside from that it's a pretty damn good team now. LeBron for executive of the year!

Getting Ray Ray still would help a ton. Miller probably is best of at the 3, and James Jones still shouldn't be getting big back up minutes in this league.

ManRam
08-17-2014, 11:04 AM
I guess it is worth noting that Marion was pretty bad last year; by far his worst season ever. Still, as an 8th man or whatever he'll be it's obviously a nice move. And his three point shooting was the best it's been since the early 2000s, which obviously matters a good deal. I won't speak on his defense, but I'd imagine it's probably middle of the pack these days.

MonroeFAN
08-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Good, go win a championship.

Arch Stanton
08-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Well, now Cleveland is stacked lol

Still think they need a little inside help though, but now I can believe people who want to put them over the Bulls

I can't believe you think they can't beat the Bulls?!?!?!

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 11:25 AM
This is easily the best fit for him. I know he wanted to start and would have liked more money but playing for a contender was higher on his priority list. As a Mavs fan I'm actually sorry to see him go. During his time in Dallas he became one of my favorite all time Mavs. I wish him a ton of success (except when playing the Mavs of course) and hope he makes it back to the Finals. Would love to see a Mavs/Cavs NBA Finals.

Raidaz4Life
08-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Players don't have pride anymore. Its pretty sad

kingkenny01
08-17-2014, 11:36 AM
I think he is still good on D not a 100% sure though, but that's what the cavs need

ManRam
08-17-2014, 11:36 AM

Elaborate. What "pride" should a 36 year-old Marion be showing? Sign with a ****** team just for the **** of it?

Come on now. Malone did it. Payton did it. Shaq's done it. Nash tried it. Finley tried it. Lewis, Battier, Miller, etc. Kevin Willis did it. Mitch Richmond did it. T-Mac tried. Chuck tried. Penny Hardaway tried like hell to get on the 2010 Heat.

And so on and so on.

Criticizing a 36 year old for going to help a great team is as :yawn: as it gets.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 11:41 AM
How dare he not sign with Clippersfan86's beloved team! He did say everyone the clips are after always sign...haha

Bro, let go of whatever personal vendetta you have. It's bad for your health. I never said "Everyone the Clippers are after always sign". I merely said... they get most of the free agents they pursue in recent years and it's true. The team has only lost out on probably 3-4 guys they were competing for. JR Smith, Marion and I'm forgetting the others. For example last year Granger/Davis both had multiple suitors... Clippers got both in the same week midseason.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Elaborate. What "pride" should a 36 year-old Marion be showing? Sign with a ****** team just for the **** of it?

Come on now. Malone did it. Payton did it. Shaq's done it. Nash tried it. Finley tried it. Lewis, Battier, Miller, etc. Kevin Willis did it. Mitch Richmond did it. T-Mac tried. Penny Hardaway tried like hell to get on the 2010 Heat.

And so on and so on.

Criticizing a 36 year old for going to help a great team is as :yawn: as it gets.

I don't quite agree. For example with Clippers he'd have a bigger role and at least a puncher's chance at the title as well. But at least he wouldn't be riding the coat-tails of one of the best players ever as his back up. It seems a bit desperate.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 11:44 AM

Come on now. Malone did it. Payton did it. Shaq's done it. Nash tried it. Finley tried it. Lewis, Battier, Miller, etc. Kevin Willis did it. Mitch Richmond did it. T-Mac tried. Chuck tried. Penny Hardaway tried like hell to get on the 2010 Heat.

And so on and so on.

Finley actually did do it. He won a title with the Spurs.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Marion only has the 2011 ring with the Mavs correct? Obviously Phoenix/Toronto etc didn't win it. He's jumped around a lot, I'm forgetting.

Arch Stanton
I don't quite agree. For example with Clippers he'd have a bigger role and at least a puncher's chance at the title as well. But at least he wouldn't be riding the coat-tails of one of the best players ever as his back up. It seems a bit desperate.

So he'd have a better chance to win with the Clippers, but since he's joining the Cavs he's desperate and riding LeBron?

The Hate is Real with Clippersfan86!

ManRam

He prioritized a better shot at winning over a few more minutes and a little more money. It's priorities, and countless players have sacrificed money and PT late in their careers. It's a non-story.

I just don't get why it lacks "pride". I'd love to hear why this is some cowardly act or something. What's the more "prideful" alternative?

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 11:50 AM
So he'd have a better chance to win with the Clippers, but since he's joining the Cavs he's desperate and riding LeBron?

The Hate is Real with Clippersfan86!

No hate, just answering to a post. I never said he'd have a "better" shot with the Clippers. Just that he'd have a shot as well, along with a bigger role. So if you're CHOOSING to be a back up to someone who plays 40 minutes a game... it may come off as desperate.

MonroeFAN
08-17-2014, 11:50 AM

The Clippers suck and no one cares anymore.

/green font

Sandman
08-17-2014, 11:51 AM

And so on and so on.

+ half the guys you mentioned proved that winning a ring is hard regardless, because they still dont have one

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 11:52 AM
He prioritized a better shot at winning over a few more minutes and a little more money. It's priorities, and countless players have sacrificed money and PT late in their careers. It's a non-story.

I just don't get why it lacks "pride". I'd love to hear why this is some cowardly act or something. What's the more "prideful" alternative?

Well in Lebron's era in general and with his teams... we've seen players flock for minimum deals for an almost guaranteed title in the east where the conference sucked balls (outside of the Magic years ago and Pacers recently). It's not a moral issue, nor is it a big deal.. just seems a bit cheap from a competitive sports standpoint.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I think he is still good on D not a 100% sure though, but that's what the cavs need
Marion is still an elite defender. He's a horrible shooter but can still very effectively guard everyone from PG's to PF's. He's also great for the locker room. Another thing he still does extremely well is follow his own shot. He shoots (and misses) a lot of running hook shots and runners and is extremely quick at getting his own rebound and getting put backs. Even coming off the bench I would expect him to average about 15 and 7 this year while also locking down the opposing teams best offensive player.

IndyRealist
08-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Well in Lebron's era in general and with his teams... we've seen players flock for minimum deals for an almost guaranteed title in the east where the conference sucked balls (outside of the Magic years ago and Pacers recently). It's not a moral issue, nor is it a big deal.. just seems a bit cheap from a competitive sports standpoint.
But if he joined the Clippers it'd be a prudent decision? :eyebrow:

Arch Stanton
08-17-2014, 11:56 AM
No hate, just answering to a post. I never said he'd have a "better" shot with the Clippers. Just that he'd have a shot as well, along with a bigger role. So if you're CHOOSING to be a back up to someone who plays 40 minutes a game... it may come off as desperate.

Okay, gotcha! Anyways LeBrons not playing 40 minutes a game and I think his role will be important for the Cavs. Blatt will probably run multiple line ups and one could include Marion at the 3 with LeBron at the 4. So this could be just as important to the Cavs as the Clips.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Marion is still an elite defender. He's a horrible shooter but can still very effectively guard everyone from PG's to PF's. He's also great for the locker room. Another thing he still does extremely well is follow his own shot. He shoots (and misses) a lot of running hook shots and runners and is extremely quick at getting his own rebound and getting put backs. Even coming off the bench I would expect him to average about 15 and 7 this year while also locking down the opposing teams best offensive player.

I believe you on everything besides the scoring. Last year he averaged like 10.5 ppg on a team that only had two big scorers (Dirk/Ellis), not sure why he wouldn't of put up 15 ppg last year as starter if he can do that as Lebron's back up.

Raidaz4Life
08-17-2014, 11:57 AM

And so on and so on.

Damn dude, chill. Some players its different. Payton, Malone, Chuck were key pieces to the team. I have always looked down on Shaq for doing it so its not like I am particularly bias.

My point is he had offers from contenders to actually start and potentially make an impact and he turned them down to ride the pine behind Lebron and Love. Thats where my issue was. If his only options were ride the bench for the Cavs or start for the Hornets then okay sure I'd get it, but he could have been a key piece to a Clippers or Pacers team but chose to be a body to fill out a roster over in Cleveland. Thats why I said he has no pride. I am critical of any former great player that takes that road. With Penny it was particularly pathetic btw.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Okay, gotcha! Anyways LeBrons not playing 40 minutes a game and I think his role will be important for the Cavs. Blatt will probably run multiple line ups and one could include Marion at the 3 with LeBron at the 4. So this could be just as important to the Cavs as the Clips.

Cavs need bench pieces. They did the smart thing here, never questioned that.

ManRam
08-17-2014, 12:01 PM

I'd debate that. Unless you have a loose definition for "elite". At the position there are probably 10 better defenders right now. His defense, at least numerically, has dipped quite a bit lately. But he's still solid and the team still needs defensive help so he will surely help.

His ability to play multiple positions will help. His shooting actually was much better last year than most of his career which is big on a LeBron-led team. I mean, as a 5th best player on a team he's really far from special, but as a 7th or 8th guy on the veteran's minimum it's a great addition.

ThuglifeJ
08-17-2014, 12:02 PM

I agree. Riding coattails means and does absolutely nothing for you or your legacy imo. If anything it just looks lame and desperate.

Having an actual role of some sort means a lot more.

Sorry to keep talking about Vince but i'll use him as a great example.. I'd much rather see him stay in Dallas or do what he did joining the Grizzlies and have some meaning on his team than just join the Cavs/Heat past years and just sit in the corners 10 minutes a game.

Even if it means winning a championship is greater in Cleveland than Memph/Dal, it doesn't matter. Who cares if you win a championship without having any significance on the team?

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 12:02 PM
I believe you on everything besides the scoring. Last year he averaged like 10.5 ppg on a team that only had two big scorers (Dirk/Ellis), not sure why he wouldn't of put up 15 ppg last year as starter if he can do that as Lebron's back up.
Yea I may have been a little generous with the points but 10 and 7 is still very good while coming off the bench.

DR_1
08-17-2014, 12:08 PM

I don't like the way the Cavs pulled this off either but Marion is hardly the first to do this. Plus it's not like he signed with a career rival.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 12:09 PM
I agree. Riding coattails means and does absolutely nothing for you or your legacy imo. If anything it just looks lame and desperate.

Sorry to keep talking about Vince but i'll use him as a great example.. I'd much rather see him stay in Dallas or do what he did joining the Grizzlies and have some meaning on his team than just join the Cavs/Heat past years and just sit in the corners 10 minutes a game.

Even if it means winning a championship is greater in Cleveland than Memph/Dal, it doesn't matter. Who cares if you win a championship without having any significance on the team?

Yea, kind of how I feel. But I also admit it's from a competitive/selfish fan perspective. As I said I know logic isn't really applicable here. Nor is the issue a moral one. Marion isn't a lesser person because of who he does or doesn't sign with obviously.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 12:10 PM
I'd debate that. Unless you have a loose definition for "elite". At the position there are probably 10 better defenders right now. His defense, at least numerically, has dipped quite a bit lately. But he's still solid and the team still needs defensive help so he will surely help.

His ability to play multiple positions will help. His shooting actually was much better last year than most of his career which is big on a LeBron-led team. I mean, as a 5th best player on a team he's really far from special, but as a 7th or 8th guy on the veteran's minimum it's a great addition.
Numbers definitely don't tell the story. You have to actually watch him play. The numbers and stats may say he was a worse defender and better shooter last year but anyone that watched the Mavs play last year will tell you that wasn't the case at all. The only thing I will not miss about Shawn Marion is seeing him wide open for 3 and cringing at the site of him shooting an airball or seeing him hit the top of the backboard. Seriously he is a HORRIBLE shooter. Every time the Mavs played a team with a small quick PG Marion was all over him. He always guarded the opposing teams best offensive player and 9 out of 10 times did a great job at it.

ManRam
08-17-2014, 12:11 PM
In the end, it comes down to doing what makes them happiest. I doubt Shawn Marion is overly-worried about his legacy. That stuff doesn't need to matter. If playing a little less on a great team and potentially winning a ring makes him the happiest who the hell cares? That's the right move for him if he decides it and he's earned that choice. Actually, you don't even need to "earn" that right. It's called "free" agency for a reason. This "pride" and legacy talk is probably meaningless. They don't have to satiate the general public's desire. Go where you'll be happiest and what's best for you. You're 36 and your career is winding down. Who the hell cares? And what makes players happiest varies. Everyone is motivated by different things, and as outsiders it's just silly to get upset. It's all just frivolous criticism probably stemming from petty places. It's their career: go wherever makes you happiest.

Raidaz4Life
08-17-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't like the way the Cavs pulled this off either but Marion is hardly the first to do this. Plus it's not like he signed with a career rival.

I'm not suggesting he is the first. It was just a blatantly obvious case when he was sought after by plenty of strong teams that could find far more use out of him.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 12:15 PM
In the end, it comes down to doing what makes them happiest. I doubt Shawn Marion is overly-worried about his legacy. That stuff doesn't need to matter. If playing a little less on a great team and potentially winning a ring makes him the happiest who the hell cares? That's the right move for him if he decides it and he's earned that choice. Actually, you don't even need to "earn" that right. It's called "free" agency for a reason. This "pride" and legacy talk is probably meaningless. They don't have to satiate the general public's desire. Go where you'll be happiest and what's best for you. You're 36 and your career is winding down. Who the hell cares? And what makes players happiest varies. Everyone is motivated by different things, and as outsiders it's just silly to get upset. It's all just frivolous criticism probably stemming from petty places. It's their career: go wherever makes you happiest.

I agree that a player has the right to choose where to play and should be allowed to seek happiness. I don't know if Marion will be as happy as he thinks though when he's the backup to two superstars in Lebron/Love, but only time will tell.

DR_1
08-17-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm not suggesting he is the first. It was just a blatantly obvious case when he was sought after by plenty of strong teams that could find far more use out of him.

Ya if I were him I would have gone to the Bulls or Clippers where he can contribute more AND compete.

ManRam
08-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Numbers definitely don't tell the story. You have to actually watch him play. The numbers and stats may say he was a worse defender and better shooter last year but anyone that watched the Mavs play last year will tell you that wasn't the case at all. The only thing I will not miss about Shawn Marion is seeing him wide open for 3 and cringing at the site of him shooting an airball or seeing him hit the top of the backboard. Seriously he is a HORRIBLE shooter. Every time the Mavs played a team with a small quick PG Marion was all over him. He always guarded the opposing teams best offensive player and 9 out of 10 times did a great job at it.

Defense is hard to quantitate, for sure. It's hard to evaluate, especially wings, regardless of how you go about it, especially statistically. I do think some of these more advanced +/- stats really do a better job than most any tool we've had before, but I would never push them as gospel.

Three point shooting is not hard to quantitate. I don't think the numbers really lie. His volume was up as was his percentage. That's pretty cut and dry.

I did say earlier I won't really speak on his defense because I didn't watch much of him, and I should have stuck by it...but still, I'd imagine Ariza, Iggy, LeBron, George, Leonard, Green, Crash, MKG, Deng etc. were all better defensively at the position. My best friend is a Mavs fan and is convinced that Crowder ran laps around Marion defensively.

He's a very good defender still and he's a great defensive fit on Cleveland, but he's not what he once was. At least I think. But again, I admit that I'm no authority.

Arch Stanton
08-17-2014, 12:18 PM

Haha those chest pass 3s are pretty ugly to watch, but surprisingly more effective than you'd expect.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I have a question for everyone that is bagging on the Cavs and Marion. Is every player that signs to play with Labron "taking the easy road" or "riding coat tails"? Are the Cavs suppose to sign a bunch of scrubs just because they have Labron? Is Labron suppose to win all by himself?

You guys are making it sound as if Marion is still in his 20's and is doing what Bosh did when he followed Labron to Miami. Marion is 37 years old and is towards the end of his career. If he was just entering his prime I would agree but he wants to win 1 more ring before ending his career. NBA history is full of all to e greats that did the exact same thing.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 12:20 PM
I admit I didn't watch the Mavs as much the last year... is it true that Marion would regularly go into chuck mode on offense? I saw a Mavs fan say recently that he could become a bit of a black hole on offense here and there. Correct me if wrong.

ManRam
08-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Marion's services are still really needed in Cleveland. Maybe not like they would be in Indy, but they need that defensive help. He'll get minutes and he'll play a big role. And who are we to say he made the wrong decision just because as outsiders we think we might do something different? He's 36. He's always logged big minutes. Maybe he is willing to fill a more specific need on a great team? Nothing wrong with that. Maybe he just really is interested in playing with LeBron, a guy who he's played with a bit before internationally? Nothing wrong with that.

In the end, I just think it's silly to criticize a guy for going somewhere in free agency just because it's not what you wanted him to do...or not what you would have done. I'm sure there are a lot of other factors that went into this decision that not a single one of us could be aware of. And even if it was as simple as him favoring a better shot at winning over a few more minutes a game, why is that wrong? We bash players all the time for being greedy and just being all about the money, right? Seems like everyone likes to have it both ways in that regard. A coward with no pride if you take less money...a greedy/selfish player if you just chase dollars.

Everyone's motivated by different things. He's earned the right to make whatever decision he thinks is best for him.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 12:35 PM
I admit I didn't watch the Mavs as much the last year... is it true that Marion would regularly go into chuck mode on offense? I saw a Mavs fan say recently that he could become a bit of a black hole on offense here and there. Correct me if wrong.
He wasn't a black hole on offense at all. He was very good at swinging the ball and keeping the ball moving. His shot shot selection was actually pretty good too the last few years. His problem is that he's just a really bad shooter. I know his percentage may have been up from behind the arc but he's really bad at shooting. Also when driving the lane or shooting runners he tends to shoot the ball too hard. He's extremely quick though at getting his own rebound and beating guys off the floor. He gets tons of put backs. You just don't want him shooting a wide open 3.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Marion's services are still really needed in Cleveland. Maybe not like they would be in Indy, but they need that defensive help. He'll get minutes and he'll play a big role. And who are we to say he made the wrong decision just because as outsiders we think we might do something different? He's 36. He's always logged big minutes. Maybe he is willing to fill a more specific need on a great team? Nothing wrong with that. Maybe he just really is interested in playing with LeBron, a guy who he's played with a bit before internationally? Nothing wrong with that.

In the end, I just think it's silly to criticize a guy for going somewhere in free agency just because it's not what you wanted him to do...or not what you would have done. I'm sure there are a lot of other factors that went into this decision that not a single one of us could be aware of. And even if it was as simple as him favoring a better shot at winning over a few more minutes a game, why is that wrong? We bash players all the time for being greedy and just being all about the money, right? Seems like everyone likes to have it both ways in that regard. A coward with no pride if you take less money...a greedy/selfish player if you just chase dollars.

Everyone's motivated by different things. He's earned the right to make whatever decision he thinks is best for him.
Not to mention that every was praising Vince Carter for excepting a lesser role to extend his career. Yet now that Marion is doing the exact same thing he's "riding coat tails"?

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Not to mention that every was praising Vince Carter for excepting a lesser role to extend his career. Yet now that Marion is doing the exact same thing he's "riding coat tails"?

The situations are different. Carter went from 40 minute a game superstar to 6th man who still played 30 mpg. Marion is going from starter who played like 34 minutes a game, to probably playing 15 a game backing up Lebron or Love. I suppose we'll see how creative Blatt gets. Maybe he promised Marion 30 minutes because he will be backing up 3 positions.. and we just don't know it. In that scenario, Marion has nothing to lose.

MarcCrawford
08-17-2014, 12:45 PM
If you take the most money: selfish
If you take a pay cut to win: desperate

People are funny.

Folks saying a championship doesn't mean anything as a backup or role player are completely wrong

Chaotic98
08-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I agree that a player has the right to choose where to play and should be allowed to seek happiness. I don't know if Marion will be as happy as he thinks though when he's the backup to two superstars in Lebron/Love, but only time will tell.

People are also assuming he wants a larger role. He is turning 37 and the way he played in the Spurs series, he looked like he was gassed at the end. At this point in time he might realize that what is best for his body and success to win a championship is not to play 20 mins+ a game in LA, but to play 10+ in Cleveland.

As a fan of the game, who here would turn down an opportunity to play with the current greatest player of the game and a top 5 when it is all said and done? If I got a call from LBJ to come play with him at the end of my career I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 12:50 PM
The situations are different. Carter went from 40 minute a game superstar to 6th man who still played 30 mpg. Marion is going from starter who played like 34 minutes a game, to probably playing 15 a game backing up Lebron or Love. I suppose we'll see how creative Blatt gets. Maybe he promised Marion 30 minutes because he will be backing up 3 positions.. and we just don't know it. In that scenario, Marion has nothing to lose.
Trust me Marion will be playing more than 15 minutes a game. He will be Labron's primary backup and will get minutes behind Love but you will also see lineups when they go small and all three (Labron, Marion, and Love) will all be on the court together. Marion's minutes should be closer to 25-30 a game. The ONLY difference between Marion's and Carter's situation is that Marion will be playing with Labron.

Chronz
08-17-2014, 12:54 PM
You guys don't know where Marion would be more effective so how can you say a team could get more use of him. What if being a backup is actually better for him at this point?

It's funny to see Laker fans complain when so many aging guys joined their squads late in their careers in the cheap.

todu82
08-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Decent bench guy for sure, good pickup for Cleveland.

Romo2Bryant
08-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Clippersfan86, someone retweeted one of your tweets ... and got me thinking is this you? @Clippersfan1986

Clippersfan86 has been revealed!

emman03
08-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Heat - cavs
lbj - lbj
wade - kyrie
bosh - love
birdman - varejao
allen - waiters
lewis - thompson
miller - miller
jones - jones

now the new addition
shane battier - marion

marion is a great addition for the cavs he can be thier battier off the bench

they making a heat 10-14 but they are younger than the former heat team they got the formula

WITZ
08-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Marion's defense should help soften the blow of what Wiggins would have brought to the table.

Arch Stanton
08-17-2014, 01:10 PM
I could actually see Marion potentially starting at SG with Waiters coming off the bench as that combo guard. So thus Marion would be starting.

KnicksorBust
08-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Who cares? The player that's who. Remember Gary Payton in Miami? He didn't start any playoff games for them. He averaged about 5ppg. Probably didn't do much for his legacy... but take a look at this picture:

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/71252302-1544976.jpg

Tell me that moment doesn't matter for Payton.

How do you know?

Ya if I were him I would have gone to the Bulls or Clippers where he can contribute more AND compete.

I'm so impressed that you all know how many minutes he would have gotten on each of these teams and can guarantee he has the smallest role in Cleveland. ManRam is right. The idea that people are attacking his decision under the assumption that he is "giving up" an extra what 5 mpg to join a better team is just absurd.

Great move Shawn Marion. I still think you're an idiot for what happened in Phoenix but THIS DECISION was a pretty good one.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Its amazing seeing so many Lakers fans bash the Cavs for stacking the deck when they've done it throughout Kobe's whole career until recently.

The main complaint about the Cavs is lack of defenders, and now when they sign one ppl are mad?

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Its amazing seeing so many Lakers fans bash the Cavs for stacking the deck when they've done it throughout Kobe's whole career until recently.

The main complaint about the Cavs is lack of defenders, and now when they sign one ppl are mad?

Really?lebron played with 2 prime all stars in miami and now is about to play with two others in cleveland and all four are top 10-15 players in the league.

Did kobe play with players like this? No sir

Stop hating

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Really?lebron played with 2 prime all stars in miami and now is about to play with two others in cleveland and all four are top 10-15 players in the league.

Stop hating
Shaq and Pau?

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 01:33 PM

Stop hating

Kobe played with a top 7 player all time and the late 00 laker teams with gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest weren't stacked?

I swear ppl only hype love when it's convenient to them. Because I saw a ton of Lakers fans saying that love wasn't a top 10 player in that thread. I'd bet that if prime love and prime Pau were available, 95% of laker fans would argue in favour of Pau which kills your argument.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 01:35 PM

Stop hating
And before Bynum turned into a bum there were about 2 or 3 years there where he was considered the 2nd best young big man in the NBA.

Mr. Baller
08-17-2014, 01:37 PM

Why would he go to the Bulls when he would have a similar role on the Cavs?

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Shaq and Pau?

Shaq was already there when kobe became a Laker, and Pau was the only prime all star (with dwight) to be brought to help kobe, kobe never built a superteam by himself dude

beasted86
08-17-2014, 01:39 PM
This is a great pickup for the Cavs. He does pretty much what Tristan Thompson does, but is a way better defender. I expect him to take a lot of his minutes, so he will definitely have a role on this team.

Though with this addition, it does look like they will simply not play a Center on the team, similar to the HEAT. Varejao isn't really a traditional Center, and between Varejao, Love, Thompson, and Marion, that pretty much eliminates Haywood from the regular rotation.

I still think rim protection will be an issue, even though the rebounding and size is better than Miami.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Kobe played with a top 7 player all time and the late 00 laker teams with gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest weren't stacked?

I swear ppl only hype love when it's convenient to them. Because I saw a ton of Lakers fans saying that love wasn't a top 10 player in that thread. I'd bet that if prime love and prime Pau were available, 95% of laker fans would argue in favour of Pau which kills your argument.

Bynum, odom, artest were not prime all stars when they played for the lakers, face it

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Shaq was already there when kobe became a Laker, and Pau was the only prime all star (with dwight) to be brought to help kobe, kobe never built a superteam by himself dude
You didn't say that though. You said did Kobe ever play with a top player. And the answer is yes he did. He played with several top players including arguably the best big man of all time. When Pau went to the Lakers he was a top 5 PF. The Lakers even tried to stack the team with Malone and Payton. It didn't work but they tried. At the time everyone thought it was a lock that they would win a title.

bleedprple&gold
08-17-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't know why people are acting like Marion is taking such a small role by choosing the Cavs. He is going to get LOTS of minutes. Cavs have no other good perimeter defenders on that team besides Lebron and Lebron can't be expected to do everything so he will play a lot. He can definitely play next to Lebron and Love in some small ball lineups and I expect to see that a lot this year.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 01:46 PM
You didn't say that though. You said did Kobe ever play with a top player. And the answer is yes he did. He played with several top players including arguably the best big man of all time. When Pau went to the Lakers he was a top 5 PF. The Lakers even tried to stack the team with Malone and Payton. It didn't work but they tried. At the time everyone thought it was a lock that they would win a title.

Once again you don't get it, malone and payton were almost retired (malone retired the offseason after)

So kobe played with only two top players in 18 years while lebron already played with four and counting in 11 years

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Once again you don't get it, malone and payton were almost retired (malone retired the offseason after)

So kobe played with only two top players in 18 years while lebron already played with four and counting in 11 years
Marion will be 37 in November. You're acting like he's in his 20's and just now entering his prime. He's about the same age Payton was when he joined the Lakers.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Marion will be 37 in November. You're acting like he's in his 20's and just now entering his career. He's about the same age Payton was when he joined the Lakers.

WTF are you talking about? I don't care about marion

I'm talking about love and irving

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 01:52 PM
WTF are you talking about? I don't care about marion

I'm talking about love and irving
This whole topic is talking about Marion. WTF are you talking about? Stay on topic.

Clippersfan86
08-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Clippersfan86, someone retweeted one of your tweets ... and got me thinking is this you? @Clippersfan1986

Clippersfan86 has been revealed!

Yea man, that's me.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 01:57 PM
This whole topic is talking about Marion. WTF are you talking about? Stay on topic.

First, I didn't even talk to you, I answered a post from a guy who said kobe played with a ton of stacked lakers teams which obviously is wrong.

So, if you don't follow what's going on in the thread stay out of it

JordansBulls
08-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Marion likes locking up Lebron soo much that he decided to join him. He will get that thrill in practice now. Marion did this so as to make it tougher for Cleveland management to decide who will start at SF between he and Lebron.

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 02:01 PM
First, I didn't even talk to you, I answered a post from a guy who said kobe played with a ton of stacked lakers teams which obviously is wrong.

So, if you don't follow what's going on in the thread stay out of it
Dude your crazy if you think Kobe didn't play on stacked teams. That's why I pointed out Shaq, Pau, Payton, Malone, Howard, Bynum, and Arrest. The Lakers are the kings of trying to stack teams, always have been. Does that mean Kobe is not one of the all time greats? No it doesn't. But don't try to convince people that Lakers never stacked teams because they have ALWAYS done that.

JustinTime
08-17-2014, 02:03 PM

If the Cavs get Ray Allen I might have to change my stance on them. Lebron gets all the credit for that championship 2 years ago but lets not kid ourselves no Allen no championship.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Dude your crazy if you think Kobe didn't play on stacked teams. That's why I pointed out Shaq, Pau, Payton, Malone, Howard, Bynum, and Arrest. The Lakers are the kings of trying to stack teams, always have been. Does that mean Kobe is not one of the all time greats? No it doesn't. But don't try to convince people that Lakers never stacked teams because they have ALWAYS done that.

The only ones who were primes top players were shaq and pau, dwight was coming from a major injury during his one year rental

So I repeat, kobe never played with two primes top players at a time

If you still don't get it, I can't help you

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Bynum, odom, artest were not prime all stars when they played for the lakers, face it
Odom was the best 6th man in the league and Bynum was a top 5 C.

Answer this. Who are you taking in their prime? Pau or love?

PacersForLife
08-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Good for him, can't blame him for wanting another ship at his age.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Im just going to assume if Cavs dont make finals or win it all that Blatt will be fired...Cleveland goes through coaches like they are nothing.

Captain Moroni
08-17-2014, 02:47 PM
This Cavs team has the potential to be better than the heat. Scary.
They will win the East.

HeatFan
08-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Im just going to assume if Cavs dont make finals or win it all that Blatt will be fired...Cleveland goes through coaches like they are nothing.

Funny. Seriously, I think that sometimes these free agents with tons of years in the league are bigger signings on paper that what they really are on the court. Marion has been very good but he is very old, like many other of the free agent signings that the Cavs are making. When the Lakers got stacked with Payton and Malone, that team was fairly old and got killed by a faster and more chemistry driven Pistons in the Finals. Miami didn't do much to get younger and then got killed by a quick and more chemistry driven Spurs. Although I think the Cavs will have a very good season, they will soon find out that winning will be much harder if they keep signing aged veterans looking for a ring. Granted that the Cavs do have a few young players that are better than Miami's young players were last year, age is still a big issue. Lets see what happens.

Hope Miami can bounce back and have enough chemistry with their new look to make it at least competitive against the Cavs. I also hope they don't boo Lebron in Christmas. I was hurt at the beginning but at least we had a few good years, starting with the first news of Lebron taking his talents to south beach in 2010.

Vinylman
08-17-2014, 02:53 PM
You guys don't know where Marion would be more effective so how can you say a team could get more use of him. What if being a backup is actually better for him at this point?

It's funny to see Laker fans complain when so many aging guys joined their squads late in their careers in the cheap.

who were those guys that did that other than malone? If you are comparing guys who went to the Lakers for less than their market value vs the guys who have gone to lebron's teams that is definitely laughable...

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Odom was the best 6th man in the league and Bynum was a top 5 C.

Answer this. Who are you taking in their prime? Pau or love?

A best 6th man will never equal a top 10 player in his prime and bynum was a top 5 C only one season in his career and just because the C position is a joke in this league.

I'd take pau because of his bball IQ

DoMeFavors
08-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Funny. Seriously, I think that sometimes these free agents with tons of years in the league are bigger signings on paper that what they really are on the court. Marion has been very good but he is very old, like many other of the free agent signings that the Cavs are making. When the Lakers got stacked with Payton and Malone, that team was fairly old and got killed by a faster and more chemistry driven Pistons in the Finals. Miami didn't do much to get younger and then got killed by a quick and more chemistry driven Spurs. Although I think the Cavs will have a very good season, they will soon find out that winning will be much harder if they keep signing aged veterans looking for a ring. Granted that the Cavs do have a few young players that are better than Miami's young players were last year, age is still a big issue. Lets see what happens.

Hope Miami can bounce back and have enough chemistry with their new look to make it at least competitive against the Cavs. I also hope they don't boo Lebron in Christmas. I was hurt at the beginning but at least we had a few good years, starting with the first news of Lebron taking his talents to south beach in 2010.

Well, a big reason the 2004 Lakers failed is because they had maybe the most turmoil ever in a lockeroom the two top players hated each other.

HeatFan
08-17-2014, 02:58 PM
A best 6th man will never equal a top 10 player in his prime and bynum was a top 5 C only one season in his career and just because the C position is a joke in this league.

I agree with you about taking Pau. But that supports the notion that Kobe had a better star in Pau than Lebron will have now in Love. BTW, Pau, based on what I've read about Love (don't know to much about him), was a much better defensive player, which is always a big factor in championship teams.

HeatFan
08-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Well, a big reason the 2004 Lakers failed is because they had maybe the most turmoil ever in a lockeroom the two top players hated each other.

I hear you clearly. But that finals series wasn't even close. With the talent the Lakers had, even considering the chemistry issue, should have been much closer. Although chemistry is important, and one of the factors I pointed out to begin with, Detroit was clearly a much better team in that series. I also think that Rasheed Wallace was a bit underrated in his career. He was really a difference maker on both ends of the court and it showed in those finals.

SILVER SEAVER
08-17-2014, 03:11 PM
What a shocker......:rolleyes:

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 03:18 PM
I agree with you about taking Pau. But that supports the notion that Kobe had a better star in Pau than Lebron will have now in Love. BTW, Pau, based on what I've read about Love (don't know to much about him), was a much better defensive player, which is always a big factor in championship teams.

Yes but kobe never had pau and a top PG like irving at the same time

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Yea none of these signing guarantee Cleveland anything. A lot of fans seem to be scared of stacked teams or think its unfair but the Spurs and Mavs proved that even stacked teams can be beat. Cleveland is still going to have to earn it.

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Miami Heat fans have no right to complain about this at all.

Cleveland fans who are pumped are still huge hypocrites. This is everything you hated in 2010. You are just on the receiving end this time. Pathetic.

The Cleveland Heat 2.0 will probably win the East and make basketball boring and predictable for several more years. :yawn:

Hardaway Here
08-17-2014, 03:29 PM

Cleveland fans who are pumped are still huge hypocrites. This is everything you hated in 2010. You are just on the receiving end this time. Pathetic.

The Cleveland Heat 2.0 will probably win the East and make basketball boring and predictable for several more years. :yawn:

I don't see many HEAT fans complaining. He helped bring us 2 more championships and it's not like the heat just fell off a cliff because he is gone. We can still compete whether or not it's for a championship only time will tell. I'm just ready for the season.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 03:31 PM

Loool exactly so your LeBron argument goes out the window

SILVER SEAVER
08-17-2014, 03:57 PM

I know they should just print the Cavs Finals tickets in advance versus Western Conference opponent. I'm loving this now because now LeBron has all the pressure on him to win immediately next season.

bucketss
08-17-2014, 04:03 PM

firstly this nothing like 2010, it wasn't that they teamed up it was how they did it.
secondly you say basketball became boring, but why do so many still tune in? i mean the ratings were of the charts in 2013 finals.

SILVER SEAVER
08-17-2014, 04:03 PM
I will laugh my *** off if the league blocks the Love trade. The league blocked Paul from going to the Lakers. Maybe it's why LeBron is saying a lot can happen between then and when the Wiggins/Love deal could go down. I mean let's face it....they were tampering with him.

flea
08-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Well Lebron has his Battier now - a guy who can handle defensive duties that he can't.

SILVER SEAVER
08-17-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't see any Heat fans complaining. They did come away with two championships and four Finals appearances from it.

SILVER SEAVER
08-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Well Lebron has his Battier now - a guy who can handle defensive duties that he can't.

Yeah but he has no Wade to bail his *** out when he comes up small.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Loool exactly so your LeBron argument goes out the window

It seems you can't read correctly, I posted multiples times in this thread that my point is that kobe never had pau and a top PG like irving at the same time.

bucketss
08-17-2014, 04:11 PM

Stop hating

shaq > both irving/love

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 04:12 PM
It seems you can't read correctly, I posted multiples times in this thread that my point is that kobe never had pau and a top PG like irving at the same time.
I can read fine. Your logic is just stupid. Who gives a **** what position kobes never had? Lebrons never had a top C....so what?

To act like Kobe hasn't had loaded teams is dumb as hell

If Shaq > wade and Pau > love then how the hell can you blame say LeBron has loaded teams and Kobe doesn't? Both of kobes sidekicks are better plus Kobe had had the deeper teams.

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 04:14 PM
firstly this nothing like 2010, it wasn't that they teamed up it was how they did it.
secondly you say basketball became boring, but why do so many still tune in? i mean the ratings were of the charts in 2013 finals.

The ratings go up after Lebron loses. People tune in to see him lose. That's why.

Same thing as 2010. They had one player on contract (Irving / Wade). Brought in one free agent (Lebron) who then conspired and pushed to get one All Star powerforward (Bosh / Love). Then start signing big name bench / role players at cheap prices.

How in the World is this not similar to 2010?

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Heat - cavs
lbj - lbj
wade - kyrie
bosh - love
birdman - varejao
allen - waiters
lewis - thompson
miller - miller
jones - jones

now the new addition
shane battier - marion

they making a heat 10-14 but they are younger than the former heat team they got the formula

There we go. You saved me the time. Thanks.

The Cleveland Heat 2.0

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 04:23 PM
I can read fine. Your logic is just stupid. Who gives a **** what position kobes never had? Lebrons never had a top C....so what?

To act like Kobe hasn't had loaded teams is dumb as hell

If Shaq > wade and Pau > love then how the hell can you blame say LeBron has loaded teams and Kobe doesn't? Both of kobes sidekicks are better plus Kobe had had the deeper teams.

"Shaq > wade and Pau > love"???

What's that? Your new stupid argument?

Kobe never had two top 10 players on his team at the same time, deal with it

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 04:26 PM
"Shaq > wade and Pau > love"???

What's that? Your new stupid argument?

Kobe never had two top 10 players on his team at the same time, deal with it

No, it's actually the opinion you stated. Everyone knows shaq is better than wade and you just ****ing told me that Pau is better than love. Lmao are you dense?

LeBron never had a top 7 player all time and the greatest coach in history with loaded teams. Deal with it.

Captain Moroni
08-17-2014, 04:26 PM
great signing with more to come

Captain Moroni
08-17-2014, 04:28 PM
No, it's actually the opinion you stated. Everyone knows shaq is better than wade and you just ****ing told me that Pau is better than love. Lmao are you dense?

LeBron never had a top 7 player all time and the greatest coach in history with loaded teams. Deal with it.

Both players were surrounded with stacked teams.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Both players were surrounded with stacked teams.
No doubt. I just hate when laker fans say LeBron stacks the deck and act like Kobe dragged Scrubs to 5 rings.

LeBron definitely has had stacked teams too.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 04:29 PM
The ratings go up after Lebron loses. People tune in to see him lose. That's why.

Same thing as 2010. They had one player on contract (Irving / Wade). Brought in one free agent (Lebron) who then conspired and pushed to get one All Star powerforward (Bosh / Love). Then start signing big name bench / role players at cheap prices.

You're losing your time talking to him, this guy is a lebronphile

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 04:34 PM

Once again you're lying, I never said pau is better than love, I said he has better bball IQ imo.

Nice try though

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Once again you're lying, I never said pau is better than love, I said he has better bball IQ imo.

Nice try though
Lol so you'd prefer the worse player on your team? I knew u would spin it in a way to make it seem like kobes teammates are worse :laugh2:

Delusional...

prodigy
08-17-2014, 04:42 PM
I guess it is worth noting that Marion was pretty bad last year; by far his worst season ever. Still, as an 8th man or whatever he'll be it's obviously a nice move. And his three point shooting was the best it's been since the early 2000s, which obviously matters a good deal. I won't speak on his defense, but I'd imagine it's probably middle of the pack these days.

10-6 48% shooting and good defender lol I'll take it.

FraziersKnicks
08-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Jesus christ is this really an argument?!

Kobe had the #1 player in the NBA on his team and a top 5 player in NBA history in his prime. A player who's prime was possibly the most dominant EVER.

Prime Shaq >>> Prime Wade/Bosh or prime Love/Irving.

/end of argument.

MonroeFAN
08-17-2014, 04:48 PM
I honestly can't even believe that's an argument.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Having the better bball IQ doesn't mean he's better, it just means he has better vision and as a sidekicks, it's a better situation.

You can't post without lying, probably hard to respond without argument.

prodigy
08-17-2014, 04:52 PM

Irving, waiters, Thompson, love, Della are 25 or younger. I think the older vets of Marion, miller and Allen will be great for the younger guys. Can't see age being a negative.

BranWingss
08-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Beauty throw there. Gives the team some sort of chance

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Having the better bball IQ doesn't mean he's better, it just means he has better vision and as a sidekicks, it's a better situation.

You can't post without lying, probably hard to respond without argument.
Laughable. Spin it anyway you want it...you are just saying that to make me think you think Love is better. You obviously think gasol is better. Don't lie. I saw the amount of laker fans bashing love in the top 10 thread.

I'll ask you this then. If the 2000 Lakers and 2012 Heat played in a 7 game series, who wins?

Arch Stanton
08-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I know they should just print the Cavs Finals tickets in advance versus Western Conference opponent. I'm loving this now because now LeBron has all the pressure on him to win immediately next season.

I think the Bulls could win the East also. I just don't it's assumed that they will is all I'm saying.

kingsdelez24
08-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Come on now. Malone did it. Payton did it. Shaq's done it. Nash tried it. Finley tried it. Lewis, Battier, Miller, etc. Kevin Willis did it. Mitch Richmond did it. T-Mac tried. Penny Hardaway tried like hell to get on the 2010 Heat.

And so on and so on.

At age 36 I doubt he's looking for a starting role. Its every veterans dream to play on a contender to ride out their days

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 05:23 PM
I think the Bulls could win the East also. I just don't it's assumed that they will is all I'm saying.
The East better watch out for Washington too. They have a really deep squad.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Laughable. Spin it anyway you want it...you are just saying that to make me think you think Love is better. You obviously think gasol is better. Don't lie. I saw the amount of laker fans bashing love in the top 10 thread.

I'll ask you this then. If the 2000 Lakers and 2012 Heat played in a 7 game series, who wins?

Your questions are as stupid as your arguments

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Your questions are as stupid as your arguments
Yup...duck them because you know what your answers gonna be :laugh2:

It's ok to be wrong...which you are in this case.

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 05:37 PM
What is the justification for the Cleveland fans that hated the Heat with a passion but now love the Cavs? I know it is "your" team, but it is the exact same thing that you (and the Cavs owner) have complained about and hated for 4 straight years.

I just don't get it.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Yup...duck them because you know what your answers gonna be :laugh2:

It's ok to be wrong...which you are in this case.

Lol when you are wrong and have no argument you're asking a stupid question, count how many stupid questions you asked in this thread and you'll know how many times you were wrong.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Lol when you are wrong and have no argument you're asking a stupid question, count how many stupid questions you asked in this thread and you'll know how many times you were wrong.
I asked 2...

If you preferred Pau over love, which you said yes but tried to spin it in a way to seem like you thought Love was better.

And if you thought the 00 Lakers were better than 13 Heat, which you ducked.

Obviously you know the answers but spun and ducked the answers because you know damn well prime Lakers are better than prime heat.

Don't see how those are dumb questions. You know Kobe has had great teammates too...period. Maybe you're some teenager that just started watching basketball 5 years ago

WITZ
08-17-2014, 05:48 PM
What is the justification for the Cleveland fans that hated the Heat with a passion but now love the Cavs? I know it is "your" team, but it is the exact same thing that you (and the Cavs owner) have complained about and hated for 4 straight years.

I just don't get it.

Don't remember the cavs clearing all their cap space because the 3 amigos wanted to play together and had decided they were going to Miami. Don't remember the heat having to trade one of the best prospects in recent memory to acquire one of their allstars. The only similarity between how these went down was that Wade/Irving were both drafted to their respected teams. Yes similar rosters but built in a different way aside from older vets wanting to ring chase.

PurpleLynch
08-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Good move for Cleveland. If they can snatch another C they might be ready for that championship run.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 05:50 PM
I asked 2...

If you preferred Pau over love, which you said yes but tried to spin it in a way to seem like you thought Love was better.

And if you thought the 00 Lakers were better than 13 Heat, which you ducked.

Obviously you know the answers but spun and ducked the answers because you know damn well prime Lakers are better than prime heat.

Don't see how those are dumb questions. You know Kobe has had great teammates too...period. Maybe you're some teenager that just started watching basketball 5 years ago

Asking stupid questions instead of argumenting looks like more of a teenager habit

bucketss
08-17-2014, 05:52 PM

so they still tune in, if its boring than why would anyone watch? were you not entertained?

also other than the fact there wasn't a hour long decision episode where lebron dumps his home team on national tv, theres some differences.

1. cavs traded two past 1# picks(wiggins,bennet) for love,plus a first rounder,unlike in 2010 where toronto/cleveland only got draft picks. the cavs were also btw looking to add love before lebron came, but love didn't have a desire to resign with them at that time.

2. no one is taking paycuts, irving signed a max contract, and lebron is going to sign for the max, plus love will also sign for whatever he is worth.

how can anyone compare it to 2010?

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Don't remember the cavs clearing all their cap space because the 3 amigos wanted to play together and had decided they were going to Miami. Don't remember the heat having to trade one of the best prospects in recent memory to acquire one of their allstars. The only similarity between how these went down was that Wade/Irving were both drafted to their respected teams. Yes similar rosters but built in a different way aside from older vets wanting to ring chase.

It is the exact same thing. Paint it anyway you like, but they built a super team that you Cav fans have been complaining about forever.

Hypocrites.

Great team though. I have the Cleveland Heat winning the East. Making the East playoffs boring yet again. 5 years in a row...

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Asking stupid questions instead of argumenting looks like more of a teenager habit
Ducking them makes it look like I trumped you so you resort to calling them stupid.

You reply to me calling me a hater when I wasn't even talking to you and when I wanna compare the players LeBron and Kobe played with you duck the argument lol. Go to bed boy.

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 05:56 PM
so they still tune in, if its boring than why would anyone watch? were you not entertained?

also other than the fact there wasn't a hour long decision episode where lebron dumps his home team on national tv, theres some differences.

1. cavs traded two past 1# picks(wiggins,bennet) for love,plus a first rounder,unlike in 2010 where toronto/cleveland only got draft picks. the cavs were also btw looking to add love before lebron came, but love didn't have a desire to resign with them at that time.

2. no one is taking paycuts, irving signed a max contract, and lebron is going to sign for the max, plus love will also sign for whatever he is worth.

how can anyone compare it to 2010?

The East playoffs were not entertaining at all. No, I wasn't.

Cavs traded 2 #1 overall picks because they got 3 in 4 years and could afford it (to make cap room and to make the trade work similar to cutting salary to make Bosh work). Bulls have gotten two #1 overall picks in 50 years FYI.

They added Love, the Heat added Bosh. They added Lebron, the Heat added Lebron.

Marion is taking a paycut.

Facts bud. Same thing.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Ducking them makes it look like I trumped you so you resort to calling them stupid.

You reply to me calling me a hater when I wasn't even talking to you and when I wanna compare the players LeBron and Kobe played with you duck the argument lol. Go to bed boy.

Talk about ducking when after like 10 replies you still didn't admit that kobe never played with two top 10 players on the same team at the same time.

Not smart isn't it?

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Talk about ducking when after like 10 replies you still didn't admit that kobe never played with two top 10 players on the same team at the same time.

Not smart isn't it?

And Miami suffered with lack of depth because of that. Like I said, Bynum, Artest (excluding his last year in LA), and Odom were 10x better than anyone else on the Miami roster besides the big 3. Lakers had way more weapons. Plus I don't know how the hell you come up with the opinion of bosh being a top 10 player. He was 15-20 at best and wasn't even used correctly on offense.

Playing with a top 7 player all time, the greatest coach and deep teams make up for the fact that Kobe never played with 2 stars at the same time.

Both guys played with stacked teams, and it's stupid to assume that isn't the case.

FraziersKnicks
08-17-2014, 06:13 PM
LeBron's never played with two top 10 players at the same time. Chris Bosh has never been a top 10 player in the NBA. Stop with the garbage.

numba1CHANGsta
08-17-2014, 06:18 PM
R.i.p nba 1946-2010

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 06:20 PM
And Miami suffered with lack of depth because of that. Like I said, Bynum, Artest (excluding his last year in LA), and Odom were 10x better than anyone else on the Miami roster besides the big 3. Lakers had way more weapons. Plus I don't know how the hell you come up with the opinion of bosh being a top 10 player. He was 15-20 at best and wasn't even used correctly on offense.

Playing with a top 7 player all time, the greatest coach and deep teams make up for the fact that Kobe never played with 2 stars at the same time.

Both guys played with stacked teams, and it's stupid to assume that isn't the case.

Deep teams loool

Beside kobe, pau, odom and bynum (when he was not injured) name those great players who you consider made LA a deep team, I think I will enjoy this

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-17-2014, 06:45 PM

They're getting better, but they're not on the level of Cleveland and Chicago yet.

ManRam
08-17-2014, 06:55 PM
LeBron's never played with two top 10 players at the same time. Chris Bosh has never been a top 10 player in the NBA. Stop with the garbage.

Wade made a second-team All-NBA and 2 third-teams. Bosh didn't make a single one in Miami. I think that pretty much ends the argument.

I do think Bosh is better than he was perceived, but top-10 is a reach. And for Wade it was a bulk of the time too, especially considering time missed.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Deep teams loool

Beside kobe, pau, odom and bynum (when he was not injured) name those great players who you consider made LA a deep team, I think I will enjoy this

Those 4 are who I'm talking about when I say deep. That is 4 dangerous offensive players which is far from what any normal team has. Comparing Fisher/Shannon/Vujacic to Chalmers/Cole/Miller is dumb and pointless.

Those 4 u just named are all way above average players and were used perfectly in a great system.

The Miami big 3 are all great players too but bosh was incorrectly used and everyone knows he's no way in hell a top 10 player. LeBron and wade were great but their styles clashed somewhat and they never got 100% out of each other at the same time. LeBron stepped up and wade stepped back.

I expected Way more out of Miami even tho I hated them, but it didn't happen.

FlashBolt
08-17-2014, 07:14 PM
All these people crying about James having help is funny. Idk about you but I'd rather have a prime Shaq, don't you think?

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Those 4 are who I'm talking about when I say deep. That is 4 dangerous offensive players which is far from what any normal team has. Comparing Fisher/Shannon/Vujacic to Chalmers/Cole/Miller is dumb and pointless.

Those 4 u just named are all way above average players and were used perfectly in a great system.

The Miami big 3 are all great players too but bosh was incorrectly used and everyone knows he's no way in hell a top 10 player. LeBron and wade were great but their styles clashed somewhat and they never got 100% out of each other at the same time. LeBron stepped up and wade stepped back.

I expected Way more out of Miami even tho I hated them, but it didn't happen.

These are some variables which can be used in both ways, bynum was injured most of the time in his Lakers tenure, he didn't even play in 08 playoffs, played 15-20 min in both 09 and 10 championships runs on one leg, so does he even count on your deep roster if we consider the variables?

Mr.B
08-17-2014, 07:41 PM
They're getting better, but they're not on the level of Cleveland and Chicago yet.
They may not be quite ready for a title run yet but I wouldn't want to play them in the first or second round. I have a feeling that they will win a series that they're not suppose to this year.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2014, 07:48 PM
These are some variables which can be used in both ways, bynum was injured most of the time in his Lakers tenure, he didn't even play in 08 playoffs, played 15-20 min in both 09 and 10 championships runs on one leg, so does he even count on your deep roster if we consider the variables?
Fine, but does a hobbled wade the last 2 years somewhat even that out? Because he was atrocious at times during the playoffs.

And didn't Bynum only miss 1 playoff run? (the loss to the Celtics)

mngopher35
08-17-2014, 07:57 PM
When you play next to prime shaq for 8 years then have a top 3ish front court (Bynum, Gasol, Odom) for another 4-5 years you had a ton of help. Prime Shaq alone probably wins Kobe the argument since Lebron has currently spent a total of 4 years with that kind of support. Either way if you think Lebron's teams are somehow better those LA teams definitely were still stacked. Some laker fans though...

On topic Marion is a solid depth signing especially considering defense. I think they are the most likely to get ray ray too, so should have decent depth (just missing a C).

bucketss
08-17-2014, 08:07 PM
The East playoffs were not entertaining at all. No, I wasn't.

Cavs traded 2 #1 overall picks because they got 3 in 4 years and could afford it (to make cap room and to make the trade work similar to cutting salary to make Bosh work). Bulls have gotten two #1 overall picks in 50 years FYI.

They added Love, the Heat added Bosh. They added Lebron, the Heat added Lebron.

Marion is taking a paycut.

Facts bud. Same thing.

haha you didn't disprove a thing, fact on the floor is cavs traded REAL assets to get love, while the heat saved cap space for many years so they can sign all those guys, and got them all DISCOUNTED.

this years east was boring only because of the pacers meltdown, remember this is the same pacers that took them to game 7 in 2013 and and put a scare in them in 2012. miami also faced in exciting series vs the celtics in 2012 where lebron scored 45 to save the team from elimination.

you were not entertained because it pains you to see lebron have any sort of success , but you were still probably glued to the tv,

Bostonjorge
08-17-2014, 08:17 PM
This got off topic quick so let me add to this quick.

1. Lebron first year in Miami he had top 3 player in wade and top 10 in bosh. In the east James had top 2 in wade and top 4 in bosh. Can't think of any one who ever had that much help.

2. Kobe had super prime shaq. Kobe's first 3 years as a starter with shaq kobe won 3 titles did not fail at all. After that shaq was not prime shaq and did not want to let go of the team. A team can't win that way like we all seen before an after. If we count those years for kobe then why not count the years James had shaq?

3. James now has three #1, #3 and #4 pick players in the past 4 years. Again can't think of a player who's ever had that. Crazy thing his team is only starting to get more and more stacked.

Iron24th
08-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Fine, but does a hobbled wade the last 2 years somewhat even that out? Because he was atrocious at times during the playoffs.

And didn't Bynum only miss 1 playoff run? (the loss to the Celtics)

Wade was really bad this year, he still was more than decent last year.

Bynum missed one whole playoffs runs but then played only one half of the season and was injured in every playoffs runs then, he played but barely 15 min in the finals the year after.

bucketss
08-17-2014, 08:39 PM
This got off topic quick so let me add to this quick.

1. Lebron first year in Miami he had top 3 player in wade and top 10 in bosh. In the east James had top 2 in wade and top 4 in bosh. Can't think of any one who ever had that much help.

shaq > wade/bosh

2. Kobe had super prime shaq. Kobe's first 3 years as a starter with shaq kobe won 3 titles did not fail at all. After that shaq was not prime shaq and did not want to let go of the team. A team can't win that way like we all seen before an after. If we count those years for kobe then why not count the years James had shaq?

how about the part when kobe tried to forcefully take the team away and it resulted in him laying bricks in the 2004 finals?

3. James now has three #1, #3 and #4 pick players in the past 4 years. Again can't think of a player who's ever had that. Crazy thing his team is only starting to get more and more stacked.

shaq/pau combined with the depth > >> lebrons teams. draft order doesn't matter btw busts have been picked that high before. but i guess presenting your argument this way makes it look like you made a solid point, nice try.

Confusious
08-17-2014, 08:42 PM
We really needed a guy that can play defense, so I'm really happy with this.

Cavalife
08-17-2014, 08:48 PM
For minimum salary I am ecstatic!

mngopher35
08-17-2014, 08:49 PM
We really needed a guy that can play defense, so I'm really happy with this.

Agreed, and it only helps that he is a versatile player (giving even more lineup flexibility).

Any idea on the plans/hopes for getting a C? I saw a rumor a while ago that you were using picks to try but not sure if true. I know Haywood turns into a big expiring so is the plan just play him there this year (unless something comes up mid season) and trade next year?

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 09:08 PM
I love the Cavs fans who are so excited about this. If Marion would have taken the minimum to play with the Heat, they would be livid etc. Hypocritical. I thought you guys hated super teams.... blah blah.

haha you didn't disprove a thing, fact on the floor is cavs traded REAL assets to get love, while the heat saved cap space for many years so they can sign all those guys, and got them all DISCOUNTED.

this years east was boring only because of the pacers meltdown, remember this is the same pacers that took them to game 7 in 2013 and and put a scare in them in 2012. miami also faced in exciting series vs the celtics in 2012 where lebron scored 45 to save the team from elimination.

you were not entertained because it pains you to see lebron have any sort of success , but you were still probably glued to the tv,

I would love to have seen Lebron have success when he was originally with Cleveland. I didn't mind him at all. Now, him and his super teams have ruined basketball.

Whether you release guys (a 2nd overall pick) or trade them to make cap space for a big 3, it is still superstars making plans to team up. It is the same thing.

And no, once the Bulls were eliminated, I did not watch a single playoff game of the Eastern conference.

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 09:18 PM
You're losing your time talking to him, this guy is a lebronphile

Should have taken your advice. Took me a little bit, but I can learn.

ClevelandSpider
08-17-2014, 09:21 PM
I love the Cavs fans who are so excited about this. If Marion would have taken the minimum to play with the Heat, they would be livid etc. Hypocritical. I thought you guys hated super teams.... blah blah.

I would love to have seen Lebron have success when he was originally with Cleveland. I didn't mind him at all. Now, him and his super teams have ruined basketball.

Whether you release guys (a 2nd overall pick) or trade them to make cap space for a big 3, it is still superstars making plans to team up. It is the same thing.

And no, once the Bulls were eliminated, I did not watch a single playoff game of the Eastern conference.

The first bolded part is just pure trolling, a mix of jealousy and pouting...you know you look like a fool when you generalize an entire fan base based on the actions of a few morons right?

The second bolded point just voided your entire opinion on basketball, you admitted that you're a Bulls fan not a basketball fan, you admitted that you only care about the Bulls and only watch the Bulls, so how can you expect anyone to listen to your ignorant analysis on anything outside Chicago? Move along...

jmartin80
08-17-2014, 09:24 PM
The first bolded part is just pure trolling, a mix of jealousy and pouting...you know you look like a fool when you generalize an entire fan base based on the actions of a few morons right?

The second bolded point just voided your entire opinion on basketball, you admitted that you're a Bulls fan not a basketball fan, you admitted that you only care about the Bulls and only watch the Bulls, so how can you expect anyone to listen to your ignorant analysis on anything outside Chicago? Move along...

You are right that i generalized a whole fan base... I guess there are a ton of Cavs fans who were okay with the way Lebron left and formed his super team. My bad.

Incorrect on the second part. I didn't watch any predictable boring basketball in the Eastern Conference. There is an entire different Conference. Read again. I like your ignorant analysis of my post based on your inability to read comprehensively.

What is wrong with me not wanting to watch boring basketball that is 100% predictable?

Congrats on the Cleveland Heat though. You guys are easy favorites in the East.

vangrumpy
08-17-2014, 09:27 PM
If he can still defend, he'll get minutes. In my opinion, right now the major needs are defense and shooting. It would be nice if they added a shotblocker. Why wouldn't a player pick the best situation? Because his job is to please PSD forum members. I'm going to pick an uglier wife, cheaper car or lesser house because some people might criticize my decision. Winning is a great feeling. This is probably his last chance. I think Ray Allen should sign with the Cavs....he might have another series changing shot in his tank. Is Blatt going to use a sped up style or more of a slow half court system?

NBA_Starter
08-17-2014, 09:39 PM
The Cavs are coming together nicely!

vangrumpy
08-17-2014, 11:13 PM
I want the NBA season to start already....can't wait to see how this puppy turns out.

Is there any big man out there to provide defense and rebounding that the Cavs can get?

Hawkize31
08-17-2014, 11:45 PM

So joining a team with great players and a good shot at a deep playoff run is desperate if its the Cavs...
But joining a team with great players and a good shot at a deep playoff run is noble if its the Clippers.

#nohomer

Confusious
08-17-2014, 11:48 PM
You are right that i generalized a whole fan base... I guess there are a ton of Cavs fans who were okay with the way Lebron left and formed his super team. My bad.

Incorrect on the second part. I didn't watch any predictable boring basketball in the Eastern Conference. There is an entire different Conference. Read again. I like your ignorant analysis of my post based on your inability to read comprehensively.

What is wrong with me not wanting to watch boring basketball that is 100% predictable?

Because Cleveland is coping the Miami Heat even though guys were itching to play with LeBron in Cleveland before he went to Miami. Uh huh. Of course.

MrfadeawayJB
08-18-2014, 12:10 AM
So how soon will Ray Allen sign with the cavs?

Chronz
08-18-2014, 02:15 AM
who were those guys that did that other than malone? If you are comparing guys who went to the Lakers for less than their market value vs the guys who have gone to lebron's teams that is definitely laughable...

Not too sure how free agency worked in the 80's but the Lakers always seemed to get pivotal pieces like McAdoo and Thompson for nothing. Not sure if they forced their way to LA or if the Lakers were just that damn good with trading. But Karl Malone and GP were pretty big gets now that you mention it. Before them, guys like Horry helped give them the role players they needed. Horry was another guy I remember not wanting the pressure of being a primary option, opting instead to hit big shots for legendary teams.

Iron24th
08-18-2014, 03:47 AM
So joining a team with great players and a good shot at a deep playoff run is desperate if its the Cavs...
But joining a team with great players and a good shot at a deep playoff run is noble if its the Clippers.

#nohomer

He could have been a starter in LAC, not in cleveland, period.

basketfan4life
08-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Don't worry guys, when the cavs get eliminated in the playoffs, marion and miller will be washed up, Kyrie and Kevin will be inefficient chuckers who don't know how to play defence, Varejao will be constantly injured, Dion will be fat and LeBron will move up 3-4 spots on PSD all-time list.

It is what it is.

Vee-Rex
08-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Don't worry guys, when the cavs get eliminated in the playoffs, marion and miller will be washed up, Kyrie and Kevin will be inefficient chuckers who don't know how to play defence, Varejao will be constantly injured, Dion will be fat and LeBron will move up 3-4 spots on PSD all-time list.

It is what it is.

It's cool. Just three months ago Cavs fans were hoping the likes of Noah Vonleh and Julius Randle migh fall to them in the draft. Then the lottery came and we were guaranteed Wiggins/Parker or Embiid. Then free agency came and LBJ took his talents back to Cleveland. Then trade rumors broke loose and it's looking like we'll add Kevin Love to form a big three.

So you see, if we don't win a ring, if we don't make the finals, we're still gonna end up a helluva lot better than if we didn't get super lucky in the lottery and if Lebron decided to stay in Miami.

Should we win a ring, I and other Cavs fans could troll and act as immature as the Heat fans had done, but speaking for myself, I won't do that. Haters like you would make it tempting, though.

I'm just looking forward to a terrific season and if we get eliminated by the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers/Bulls or whoever else I'm cool with it. It'll be exciting for sure, and that's something I couldn't have said three months ago about the Cavaliers.

basketfan4life
08-18-2014, 09:39 AM
It's cool. Just three months ago Cavs fans were hoping the likes of Noah Vonleh and Julius Randle migh fall to them in the draft. Then the lottery came and we were guaranteed Wiggins/Parker or Embiid. Then free agency came and LBJ took his talents back to Cleveland. Then trade rumors broke loose and it's looking like we'll add Kevin Love to form a big three.

So you see, if we don't win a ring, if we don't make the finals, we're still gonna end up a helluva lot better than if we didn't get super lucky in the lottery and if Lebron decided to stay in Miami.

Should we win a ring, I and other Cavs fans could troll and act as immature as the Heat fans had done, but speaking for myself, I won't do that. Haters like you would make it tempting, though.

I'm just looking forward to a terrific season and if we get eliminated by the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers/Bulls or whoever else I'm cool with it. It'll be exciting for sure, and that's something I couldn't have said three months ago about the Cavaliers.
First of all, i definetly am not a hater. I think LBJ is the best in the business and i praised him for this numerous times. I just don't think cavs can win it all in the first season and have a problem with people who whenever lbj lead teams fail blame everybody and praise LeBron. The others are Cavs players too, you know. If you are going to be loyal no matter what, be loyal to all of them.

Schulte212
08-18-2014, 09:48 AM

Well said. But for what it is worth, those that believe the Cavs are not the obvious favorites to win the East are kidding themselves. Enjoy the season!

Schulte212
08-18-2014, 09:49 AM

It is what it is.

No dude. You're definitely a hater.

basketfan4life
08-18-2014, 10:11 AM
No dude. You're definitely a hater.

I think you are hating from people who don't worship lbj no matter what he does.

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Heat - cavs
lbj - lbj
wade - kyrie
bosh - love
birdman - varejao
allen - waiters
lewis - thompson
miller - miller
jones - jones

now the new addition
shane battier - marion

Because Cleveland is coping the Miami Heat even though guys were itching to play with LeBron in Cleveland before he went to Miami. Uh huh. Of course.

How are they not copying the Heat? Say what you want Cavs fans, but this team is the Cleveland Heat 2.0. Just a different city. And the entire NBA is worse off.

Vinylman
08-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Not too sure how free agency worked in the 80's but the Lakers always seemed to get pivotal pieces like McAdoo and Thompson for nothing. Not sure if they forced their way to LA or if the Lakers were just that damn good with trading. But Karl Malone and GP were pretty big gets now that you mention it. Before them, guys like Horry helped give them the role players they needed. Horry was another guy I remember not wanting the pressure of being a primary option, opting instead to hit big shots for legendary teams.

McAdoo was a hold out with the nets who didn't want to pay him and they traded him to the Lakers around Christmas time when both kupchak and kareem were hurt. Thompson was traded at the deadline for frank brickowski and gdunmundson and a first. Malone I agree with... Payton took the MLE which was basically his value at the time... Horry was traded to the lakers for Ceballos ( I think him and ainge got in a fight or something in Phoenix)

Lakers have never really hit gold with an under market value vet except for Malone.

At the end of the day I couldn't care less that players are being Lebron's *****es by playing for less. It is what the nba wants because it makes them the most money. However, players leaving millions on the table is na´ve and could potentially backfire on them when they retire.

Goose17
08-18-2014, 10:54 AM

Yeah Lebrons super teams ruined basketball Lebron-Irving-Love and Lebron-Wade-Bosh it's awful.

Its not like the good old days of Jordan-Pippen-Rodman.

Oh... wait.

Oh and the fact that you didn't watch any basketball after the Bulls were eliminated only goes to show you're a homer bulls fan not a basketball fan.

Confusious
08-18-2014, 11:03 AM
He could have been a starter in LAC, not in cleveland, period.
And clearly if that was a factor to him, he would have gone to the Clippers, period.

How are they not copying the Heat? Say what you want Cavs fans, but this team is the Cleveland Heat 2.0. Just a different city. And the entire NBA is worse off.
Who wouldn't want to play on a team with LeBron still in his prime, Kevin Love just ENTERING his prime, and Irving who is still in his growth stage? That's something that Miami could NEVER boast. I guess everything that Cleveland and the rest of the dudes do for the entirety of LeBron's career will be simply copying Miami, so they shouldn't bother, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, how small minded some people are.

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah Lebrons super teams ruined basketball Lebron-Irving-Love and Lebron-Wade-Bosh it's awful.

Oh... wait.

Oh and the fact that you didn't watch any basketball after the Bulls were eliminated only goes to show you're a homer bulls fan not a basketball fan.

I don't understand why some people can not read... I didn't watch any of the EASTERN CONFERENCE Playoffs because they were very boring and predictable. There is a different conference.

And yes, in my opinion Lebron's Super Teams have ruined the East. He is so afraid of competition he continues to join them and no go against them.

And clearly if that was a factor to him, he would have gone to the Clippers, period.

Who wouldn't want to play on a team with LeBron still in his prime, Kevin Love just ENTERING his prime, and Irving who is still in his growth stage? That's something that Miami could NEVER boast. I guess everything that Cleveland and the rest of the dudes do for the entirety of LeBron's career will be simply copying Miami, so they shouldn't bother, right? :rolleyes:

How small minded some fans are. The same fans who hated the Lebron and Heat for doing the exact same thing Cleveland is are now boasting and banging on their chests. :rolleyes:

Confusious
08-18-2014, 11:32 AM
How small minded some fans are. The same fans who hated the Lebron and Heat for doing the exact same thing Cleveland is are now boasting and banging on their chests. :rolleyes:
I like the implication. Since you're saying that to me, I'd like for you to find where I said that. Since you're the one putting words in my mouth and calling me small minded. Have fun going through 6,000 posts.

I'll save several hours of tedious work for you and say that I always maintained the thought that LeBron going to Miami made sense for him at the time. Initially, yes, I was annoyed that he left Cleveland the way that he did, but I wasn't hating on him for what was a great business decision. So... got anything else to say? Or was that your big trump card? :rolleyes:

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 12:07 PM
I like the implication. Since you're saying that to me, I'd like for you to find where I said that. Since you're the one putting words in my mouth and calling me small minded. Have fun going through 6,000 posts.

I'll save several hours of tedious work for you and say that I always maintained the thought that LeBron going to Miami made sense for him at the time. Initially, yes, I was annoyed that he left Cleveland the way that he did, but I wasn't hating on him for what was a great business decision. So... got anything else to say? Or was that your big trump card? :rolleyes:

Nope. I have nothing else to say and don't really find this debate worth my time reading through all your previous posts (especially after reading some of your latest).

It is just ironic how every single Cav fan I knew in real life and a large majority of the posters on sports forums Hated Lebron for how he left and hated the Heat. Even the Cavs owner was outspoken against "super teams". NOW.... Out of the woodwork comes all these Cavs fans who weren't really that mad at him.

Say what you will, but I don't believe you. Shouldn't bother you at all as my opinion means nothing, but Cleveland fans remain the biggest hypocrites in all of sports.

bucketss
08-18-2014, 12:19 PM

It is what it is.

considering marions age thats possible, considering verajao history its possible he might get injured contantly, but we all know the lebron haters will blame it all on lebron i can see it now:

"lebron makes his team mates injured because he doesn't help them do pre game stretches"

" its lebrons fault dion is fat, hes alway taking him out for dinner"

"its lebron fault marion is declining because umm wait let me look for a reason that makes sense"

Goose17
08-18-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't understand why some people can not read... I didn't watch any of the EASTERN CONFERENCE Playoffs because they were very boring and predictable. There is a different conference.

And yes, in my opinion Lebron's Super Teams have ruined the East. He is so afraid of competition he continues to join them and no go against them.

Weren't Chicago chasing love to form a Rose-Noah-Love super team? Oh no wait they were also chasing Melo.

I bet super teams wouldn't be "ruining the league" if your team was one of them.

Super teams existed before Lebron was in the league, he'll they existed before he was born. If your team can't compete don't start pointing fingers. It's up to everyone else to get better not wait for the top team to get worse. Pathetic mindset.

The worst thing about the NBA now is the fans. The majority are a bunch of whining little pansies.

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Weren't Chicago chasing love to form a Rose-Noah-Love super team? Oh no wait they were also chasing Melo.

I bet super teams wouldn't be "ruining the league" if your team was one of them.

Super teams existed before Lebron was in the league, he'll they existed before he was born. If your team can't compete don't start pointing fingers. It's up to everyone else to get better not wait for the top team to get worse. Pathetic mindset.

The worst thing about the NBA now is the fans. The majority are a bunch of whining little pansies.

I just want to be entertained. I have said it multiple times... The more "super teams" there are, the less entertaining it is. If my team was a "Super Team", I would watch them but not deny any of the points that I have made if they were made by someone else. I don't understand why Lebron fans and why Cleveland fans don't just admit it and say "Yup, that happened. Now we are going to win." The incessant defense and advocating for players who are blatantly manipulating the game etc. is what is pathetic. Just admit it and enjoy.

I actually don't think it is the fans that are the worst, but the current league play. The constant flopping, limited defense and all stars getting the calls and players teaming up to have easy roads to the finals. That is what is the worst for the NBA. A lot of the fans are annoying, but they all can't be a bunch strong, non whining awesome fans like I am sure you are. :)

Confusious
08-18-2014, 01:20 PM

Everything you say is one thousand percent true.

Chicago fans would be elated if they had Kevin Love, LeBron James (but he rejected them both times he was a free agent, oh the feels) or Anthony.

If a team is legit, they can beat a super team. The Spurs proved that. And many teams have done it before them. But these weak minded fanboys love to use it as an excuse when that team crushes theirs into dust.

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 01:27 PM
So I have so far been called ignorant, a whiny pansy, and a fanboy for disagreeing with people. I was so excited about the Heat fans leaving so the forum would get better...

Now Enter the Cavs fans. :sigh:

Miami Heat to the Cleveland Heat 2.0 transformation is now complete.

Go on with your defensive responses.

Confusious
08-18-2014, 01:40 PM
So I have so far been called ignorant, a whiny pansy, and a fanboy for disagreeing with people. I was so excited about the Heat fans leaving so the forum would get better...

And how long were the Chicago Bulls relevant? Hmm? When is the last time the Bulls have been in the Finals? Pretty sure the Cavs were in the Finals less than 10 years ago. How about the Bulls? No? Not since some guy named MJ was around? Oh, okay. The late 90's Bulls team was a Super Team, btw. MJ, Pippen, Rodman. That's not a super team? Oh, but surely they copied the Miami Heat too. Let's call them the Chicago Heat while we're at it.

Hey, I also see you're a Blackhawks fan. A team that has only recently started to dominate. Why is that, I wonder? Because they sucked for over 10 years, and got a ton of lottery picks and got lucky when they drafted Toews and Kane. You're really a poor excuse for a fan. You call Cleveland fans hypocrites, but Chicago fanboys are the most spoiled fans in the world. To borrow a fairly ridiculous statement that you said.

I thought you were done with this debate anyways? If I ever learned anything about Chicago sports fans, it's that they are incredibly sensitive...

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 01:44 PM
I just want to be entertained. I have said it multiple times... The more "super teams" there are, the less entertaining it is. If my team was a "Super Team", I would watch them but not deny any of the points that I have made if they were made by someone else. I don't understand why Lebron fans and why Cleveland fans don't just admit it and say "Yup, that happened. Now we are going to win." The incessant defense and advocating for players who are blatantly manipulating the game etc. is what is pathetic. Just admit it and enjoy.

I actually don't think it is the fans that are the worst, but the current league play. The constant flopping, limited defense and all stars getting the calls and players teaming up to have easy roads to the finals. That is what is the worst for the NBA. A lot of the fans are annoying, but they all can't be a bunch strong, non whining awesome fans like I am sure you are. :)

You seem sensitive as I really don't care. Why are you ignoring this post?

Arch Stanton

So what you're essentially saying is that you like to engage in name calling.

bucketss

you're much worse than them, you do realize that right?

jmartin80
08-18-2014, 01:45 PM
And how long were the Chicago Bulls relevant? Hmm? When is the last time the Bulls have been in the Finals? Pretty sure the Cavs were in the Finals less than 10 years ago. How about the Bulls? No? Not since some guy named MJ was around? Oh, okay. The late 90's Bulls team was a Super Team, btw. MJ, Pippen, Rodman. That's not a super team? Oh, but surely they copied the Miami Heat too. Let's call them the Chicago Heat while we're at it.

Hey, I also see you're a Blackhawks fan. A team that has only recently started to dominate. Why is that, I wonder? Because they sucked for over 10 years, and got a ton of lottery picks and got lucky when they drafted Toews and Kane. You're really a poor excuse for a fan. You call Cleveland fans hypocrites, but Chicago fanboys are the most spoiled fans in the world. To borrow a fairly ridiculous statement that you said.

I thought you were done with this debate anyways? If I ever learned anything about Chicago sports fans, it's that they are incredibly sensitive...

Calling me sensitive is hilarious. Look at your last response which is exactly what I would expect from you. Way to prove all my points for me.

WITZ
08-18-2014, 01:58 PM

"Say what you will, but I don't believe you." Can't believe it was old *** Marion of all people that set off all this complaining don't remember this much *****ing going on in the Love thread :laugh2: . And like Goose brought up Jordan-Pippen -Rodman and you decided to skip over for obvious reasons lol i'm damn positive you weren't sitting there thinking damn the bulls really ruined the nba with this super team.

prodigy
08-18-2014, 02:23 PM

1. As a cavs fan yes I hated how lebron left. I think most basketball fans in general did. But let's get real he's the best player in the world and has apologized many times. Should I hold a grudge and tell him no thanks? Common now. Lifes to short to spend it hating.

2. I'm not a fan of super teams unless you build it threw the draft. Then that's great scouting and drafting by your team. Irving, lebron, waiters, Thompson etc... all drafted by cavs. Love would be the only one not and we are giving up 3 firsts for him (Wiggins, Bennett, pick). Heat gave up 2nd rounds and cap relief for lebron and bosh im against that crap.

3. As far as the ''Cleveland heat'' comment. Miller and Jones are not the heat lol.

prodigy
08-18-2014, 02:36 PM

Oh... wait.

Well love is in the west and on a bad team so not sure lebron would ever go against him and Irving is on the cavs which is lebrons team to begin with. When he joined wade and bosh you had a better argument, not so Much now though. If anything he made the heat better. The heat still have a solid team, cavs are good again, bulls, wiz, hornets I'm excited for all these teams and others.

vangrumpy
08-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Because Stars should sit around and think what is the least amount of talent I can surround myself with to show how great I am. Let me make this harder on myself. If you can build a dream team on your very own team go ahead. Seeing how good that Spurs team was, they're going to need to build super teams. I had only wished that the timing was such that Wiggins was in his 3rd year so we could have seen a Wiggins/Lebron pairing. Just because a certain script was written a long time ago doesn't mean that Lebron can't flip the script and change how he wants to go. Go recruit more stars and lets watch all these super teams duke it out. The Spurs do not have that super team per se, but every player 1-10 is a pretty darn amazing player.

Cal827
08-18-2014, 08:39 PM

Cocaine's one hell of a drug :D

I don't know man, I just have problems going against Gasol/Noah. I know you guys will have Love in a little bit, but I think his numbers are going to come down a bit (not as much as Bosh's did when he joined LBJ as Love has a 3pt game), and I'm not sure if he'll be able to improve his defensive game in such a little bit. I know he's older, but Gasol can still cause problems (especially since he'll likely be the 2 or 3 option on a team with multiple good passers including himself. Varajao is good defensively, but with two interior guys who can find the open guy, it's gonna make it real hard to double team in the paint. I do think Cleveland will eventually jump the Bulls, but I'm just not entirely convinced that it'll happen in one season.

Also, :cheers: to you. You stayed by your team through the bad (which unfortunately, isn't as common as it used to be). I'm sure you're gonna enjoy the next few years :laugh:

Confusious
08-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Calling someone a fruitloop dingus is an insult now? Lmao.

Cal827
08-18-2014, 10:18 PM

Really now, well I sure as hell don't hope the Mods find what I just posted in another thread or.... well it was nice talking to you people lol

koreancabbage
08-18-2014, 11:22 PM
He'll play the Battier role on this team.

aging veteran ready to play some 3 and D.

Ariza's Better
08-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Really good pick-up. Only team I can see coming close to this cavs team in the east is the bulls, but even that solely on the health of Rose. Cavs going to be tough to beat.

koreancabbage
08-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Really good pick-up. Only team I can see coming close to this cavs team in the east is the bulls, but even that solely on the health of Rose. Cavs going to be tough to beat.

yup, I think all can see its going to be Bulls/Cavs. Who's gonna win their division is a coin toss.

prodigy
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM

I love it lol.

JLeBeau76
08-19-2014, 01:53 AM
After bulk reading to catch up with this post I can clearly see that some people just love arguing about anything.

I also feel the need to defend my fellow Cavs fans. Were we irate when LeBron left? Yes, but I think the majority of us were that way more for the fact of how he blindsided us and did it on national tv.

How he left the heat was in no way comparable.

As for us being happy he is back. Well, its called being an adult and moving on. We are Cavaliers fans and LBJ is still the best in the game...why wouldn't we be ecstatic?

Welcome to the team Marion, we're glad to have you.

SILVER SEAVER
08-19-2014, 03:13 AM

Exactly. Being a Bulls fan I am not worried about the Cavs right now because I haven't even seen them play a game yet but considering Washington knocked them out in five last season I think the focus should be on keeping up with Washington because they really have something positive going on there. If Washington won the east I wouldn't be totally shocked.

SILVER SEAVER
08-19-2014, 03:16 AM
After bulk reading to catch up with this post I can clearly see that some people just love arguing about anything.

I also feel the need to defend my fellow Cavs fans. Were we irate when LeBron left? Yes, but I think the majority of us were that way more for the fact of how he blindsided us and did it on national tv.

How he left the heat was in no way comparable.

As for us being happy he is back. Well, its called being an adult and moving on. We are Cavaliers fans and LBJ is still the best in the game...why wouldn't we be ecstatic?

Welcome to the team Marion, we're glad to have you.

Now if all Cavs fans expressed their thoughts like you there wouldn't be all this hate going on for them.

Chrisclover
08-19-2014, 03:50 AM
The chance to get a ring trumps the bad reputation of being a lap dog. It's probably despicable to strive to play alongside LBJ in the eyes of the lebron haters. The NBA poster boy LBJ is getting too much help, which is unfair to other great players.
In this case, I just dont get it. A guy like Marion is not high on the all-time list so why bother sacrificing money to increase his spot? He is just a solid player and he has already got a ring in 2011. Getting a second ring will not make fans more impressed.
The only reason is can come up with is that he misses the spotlight he used to have in the Suns. Now, in the twilight of his career, he wants to walk away with a slight attention.

Chrisclover
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
looks like scribbling to me.
can someone translate it for me ?

HeatFan
08-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Because Stars should sit around and think what is the least amount of talent I can surround myself with to show how great I am. Let me make this harder on myself. If you can build a dream team on your very own team go ahead. Seeing how good that Spurs team was, they're going to need to build super teams. I had only wished that the timing was such that Wiggins was in his 3rd year so we could have seen a Wiggins/Lebron pairing. Just because a certain script was written a long time ago doesn't mean that Lebron can't flip the script and change how he wants to go. Go recruit more stars and lets watch all these super teams duke it out. The Spurs do not have that super team per se, but every player 1-10 is a pretty darn amazing player.

I agree. People use others as a "standard" when in reality you are free to do as you choose, as long as it's legal. Today's NBA is not like decades ago. An average player you never hear of can be an incredible athlete and good enough player to challenge. Competition is harder nowadays and that goes for all sports. Just look at how much the international community has caught up with U.S. born NBA players.