PDA

View Full Version : Which teams are underrated and overrated for the upcoming season?

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Overrated: Wizards
underrated: Hornets

Personally, I think the Charlotte Hornets are a team that a lot of people are sleeping on. They're a helluva good defensive team, and hopefully with big al being healthy and the addition for Stephenson and continued development of Walker, that team can make some noise. I noticed a lot of folks putting them very low in mock standings and I didnt understand why.
In addition to Stephenson, they also got Noah Vonleh, who I thought would've been a top 5 pick, slipping all the way to 9th. I think Exum and Aaron Gordon Went way too high.

As for overrated, I Hope this topic wont create too much of a negative discussion, but I think the Washington Wizards are a tad overrated from mocks posted by others and ESPN. Washington is a young team and they have some solids vets and a well rounded starting 5. However, I think although they were underrated against the bulls in the playoffs and came off of their winning series, that they shouldnt be regarded as a top 4 team. I'm not saying they arent a good team, I just feel like a lot of other teams have and will improve during this offseason. Atlanta will get back Horford, charlotte got better, and NJ will even get back LOpez.

A lot of people fail to consider how other teams improved and only look at their team's additions/subtractions. The mentality that " Oh hey, our team won 45 games last year, and we got an all star team in the offseason. Therefore, we will win more than 45 games and be a higher seed"

That is the continued Logic that I've been seeing ,and I hope others will consider that although your team has improved, other teams have as well, so you really do have to consider that when making predictions. I think Washington has made salary cap decision moves and downgraded defensively and at this point, I would take Ariza's numbers over Paul Pierce, regardless of how clutch paul pierce has been over his career.

bucketss
08-14-2014, 03:28 PM
overrated: chicago

underrated: rockets

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I'd also like to add, I think the Heat are still underrated. Although Bosh and wade have degressed, they're still well established all-nba type players, and if health remains good, there's no reason why they wouldnt be a top 4 in the east team

Captain Moroni
08-14-2014, 03:32 PM
I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.
Everyone on the planet is kicking the Knicks to the curb......I see them as a 4-5 seed. Phil Jackson is a mastermind. Sometimes the pieces don't look like they fit until he puts it together.
Washington is a very hungry young talented bunch with some smart vet additions.

This years over rated teams? Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Miami.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 03:34 PM
I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.
Everyone on the planet is kicking the Knicks to the curb......I see them as a 4-5 seed. Phil Jackson is a mastermind. Sometimes the pieces don't look like they fit until he puts it together.

I have a hard time seeing New york being that high because they just lost their only good defensive player and downgraded. They have a PG who can run plays and is a great floor general, but he really does suck defensively.I trust that the knicks will have better late-game execution because of the coaching staff and management like fisher being there instead of woody, but I dont think the knicks will be that high in the eastern conference, other teams have improved more than the knicks have.

Why are brooklyn and atlanta overrated?

Captain Moroni
08-14-2014, 03:36 PM
I'd also like to add, I think the Heat are still underrated. Although Bosh and wade have degressed, they're still well established all-nba type players, and if health remains good, there's no reason why they wouldnt be a top 4 in the east team

Here is my issue with the Heat...

When you lose the best player on the planet everyone gets moved up a notch. Elite defenders are now guarding Wade instead. Recipe for disaster. Wade can't carry this team and all Bosh ever was, was a safety valve. Now he is option 1 or 2. Not the best plan.

JWO35
08-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Over- Cleveland Cavaliers
Under- New York Knickerbockers

Captain Moroni
08-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I have a hard time seeing New york being that high because they just lost their only good defensive player and downgraded. They have a PG who can run plays and is a great floor general, but he really does suck defensively.I trust that the knicks will have better late-game execution because of the coaching staff and management like fisher being there instead of woody, but I dont think the knicks will be that high in the eastern conference, other teams have improved more than the knicks have.

Why are brooklyn and atlanta overrated?

everything that could go wrong went wrong last year. Chandler was awful. Amare was used wrong, Bargs was used wrong, Melo was over used.
if we lost 15 games in the last 20 seconds, it was because EVERY time the play was give it to Melo get out of the way. We lost every one of those games it seemed. Not the case anymore. The triangle will change the entire offensive scheme. Bargs is actually the perfect Gasol fit in this system. Last year he was a spot up 3 pt shooter ala Steve Novak. wrong role.

Calderon over Felton isnt even close and Larkin gives us something we havent had in years....a quick defensive minded PG with the ability to penetrate.

Amare could be a huge weapon. (if healthy)

believe it or not, defense can be taught and learned. just like you can work on your jumper, you can work on being a better defender. Pjax is all about that.

Brooklyn without Pierce, an an obviously aging Garnett is not who they appear to be.

Atlanta has to show something before people can give them props.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
everything that could go wrong went wrong last year. Chandler was awful. Amare was used wrong, Bargs was used wrong, Melo was over used.
if we lost 15 games in the last 20 seconds, it was because EVERY time the play was give it to Melo get out of the way. We lost every one of those games it seemed. Not the case anymore. The triangle will change the entire offensive scheme. Bargs is actually the perfect Gasol fit in this system. Last year he was a spot up 3 pt shooter ala Steve Novak. wrong role.

Calderon over Felton isnt even close and Larkin gives us something we havent had in years....a quick defensive minded PG with the ability to penetrate.

believe it or not, defense can be taught and learned. just like you can work on your jumper, you can work on being a better defender. Pjax is all about that.

Brooklyn without Pierce, an an obviously aging Garnett is not who they appear to be.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt since you're obviously keen on the knicks struggles last season. I think with a better offensive system, the knicks should win more games instead of choking. But regardless, Melo is one of the better closers in the game, to give him the ball and Get out of the way, is probably not a bad play? (Yes Seriously LOL) I think the knicks can and will improve, but there are just way too many teams in the east who on paper seem better than the knicks and I feel like there is no anchor defensively on this team anymore. Chandler was guarding everyone and Shump has been a huge disappointment. I think the knicks have a possibility of making the playoffs as an 8th or 7th seed at best. To say top 4 is probably not that realistic, you know? considering the knicks won 37 games last season.

lilchuckdoubles
08-14-2014, 03:57 PM
dallas(only team to give the spurs trouble last year) and charlotte I feel are very underrated. how come no one is talking about those guys?

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 03:58 PM
And like always, the spurs are always underrated because everyone thinks they're too old and cant play, when they're the only team that actually plays completely like a team and have a big 4, it isnt even a big 3 anymore.

phantasyyy
08-14-2014, 04:03 PM

That can be true, but if your planning on trotting out line ups consisting of calderderon, smith, bargs, and amare then your just asking to be scored on lmao.

Not even thibs could turn them into a solid-if that defensive players.

2-ONE-5
08-14-2014, 04:05 PM
i think Wiz are rated fine and they will be a borderline contender. only Knicks fans think they are a top 5 team let alone a playoff team its pretty funny especially when they act like they wont let up 115ppg and that Phils is on the sidelines coaching.

the only underrated team i think there is in the East is the Hornets. not gonna pick an overrated bcuz only the heat and ny fan bases overrate their team which is to be expected.

FriedTofuz
I think the knicks just have way too many bad defenders on a team and even lost their best defender this off-season. Yes team defense can be taught, but it's very hard to hide so many bad defenders on a team like that. They're not going to be good defensively.

mightybosstone
Everyone seems to be focused on the Western Conference, but I'll stay in the Western Conference with my picks while trying to avoid inevitable hatred for any potential homer selections.

Overrated: Portland

Yeah, I get that they beat the Rockets last year, but they sort of fell apart in the second half of the season and they weren't remotely the same team in that San Antonio series. I think the Blazers are that team that can play really, really well for stretches, but they aren't good enough defensively to be taken seriously as contenders. I think they'll finish as a 7 or 8 seed and get bounced in the first round.

Underrated: Memphis

They get back a healthy Marc Gasol and they add Vince Carter to a team that was actually a little better last season. They proved against OKC that they can hang with anybody in a seven-game series. And if that core can stay healthy together all season long, I think that team wins 55 games and cracks the top 4-5 seeds in the West.

phantasyyy
08-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Underrated: Grizzlies - I think the addition of Carter and his playmaking/outside shooting will be a crucial piece this year, nobody wants to play them, yet they don't get their credit.

Overrated: OKC - I just don't think they have what it takes to reach the conference finals/finals, and we'll finally see a big trade breaking up the big three of westy/kd/ibaka

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd put the bobcats over the raptors and wizards and heat to be honest.

Walker
Stephenson
MKG
Vonleh
Big Al

that lineup is better than Toronto's and Washington's.
The reason im not too certain about this however, is because Toronto was a top 10 defensive and offensive team in the league, and their record is distorted because of the 6-12 start with rudy gay. I think if the bobcats play as well as they look on paper, they're a top 3 team in the east.

phantasyyy
08-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I'd put the bobcats over the raptors and wizards and heat to be honest.

Walker
Stephenson
MKG
Vonleh
Big Al

that lineup is better than Toronto's and Washington's.
The reason im not too certain about this however, is because Toronto was a top 10 defensive and offensive team in the league, and their record is distorted because of the 6-12 start with rudy gay. I think if the bobcats play as well as they look on paper, they're a top 3 team in the east.

Yeah being a Toronto fan, I'd put the bobcats over them as well, they're a really good defensive team, and Big Al absolutely destroys us everytime... but I don't think vonleh is going to start they need a defensive big beside Big Al imo.

Goose17
08-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Underrated; Memphis and Phoenix.

Overrated: Knicks and Dallas. Knicks are not a playoff team unless it's bottom seeding. People on here think Dallas will be top 5. They're crazy... or I am.

phantasyyy
08-14-2014, 04:21 PM

Overrated: Knicks and Dallas. Knicks are not a playoff team unless it's bottom seeding. People on here think Dallas will be top 5. They're crazy... or I am.

Curious to why you think phx is underrated? -> they have so many pgs and wings and no legitmate bigs.

beasted86
08-14-2014, 04:29 PM
The Knicks can win this award every year as evidenced by the poster above who thinks they are a 4th seed with all around defensive downgrades. Crazy as it sounds, Lakers fans are even more rational even with their impatience with rebuilding in general.

My picks though are the Hawks and Nuggets for underrated. Hawks will get their best player back, and Nuggets should get Gallo back. I also really am impressed by their rookie Gary Harris, and the Affallo pickup is great.

And overrated is the Bulls and Rockets. Bulls are still reliant on Rose being all-star caliber and not just a good PG. If he has a Jeff Teague type season, forget all their supposed hype of coming out of the East or being a top 2 seed. I am not convinced with Gasol being much of any upgrade over Boozer. The Rockets because (lfol).

beasted86
08-14-2014, 04:32 PM
BTW, which is this Bobcats team you guys are mentioning?

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 04:36 PM

this and it's not from a knicks fan so you can't say we are being biased

the knicks have melo dude has only missed the playoffs once and even last year we were 1 game away from making it

72 Wins
08-14-2014, 04:39 PM
No way are the Bulls overrated as #2 in the east. In fact, I think they should be #1 so I'll say they are under rated. I know their is alot contingent on Rose, but for the purpose of this thread, I have to assume Rose will be there for the entire season.

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 04:41 PM
No way are the Bulls overrated as #2 in the east. In fact, I think they should be #1 so I'll say they are under rated. I know their is alot contingent on Rose, but for the purpose of this thread, I have to assume Rose will be there for the entire season.

the east sucks at the top end this year with a healthy rose pau and noah the bulls are easily the 1 seed the playoffs are a different story

colinskik
08-14-2014, 04:42 PM
i think Wiz are rated fine and they will be a borderline contender. only Knicks fans think they are a top 5 team let alone a playoff team its pretty funny especially when they act like they wont let up 115ppg and that Phils is on the sidelines coaching.

the only underrated team i think there is in the East is the Hornets. not gonna pick an overrated bcuz only the heat and ny fan bases overrate their team which is to be expected.

I don't want to turn this into a Knicks thread, but I just want to try and convey the general sentiment from most Knicks fans. REalistically, we're fighting for one of the last playoff spots -- 6 - 8 seed.

I think the best way to estimate the Knicks' record this year is to take the average of last year and the year before. Last year they underachieved and the year before they overachieved. With a defined system in place they are almost guaranteed to improve upon last year's record.

Anyway, to the point of this thread:
Overrated: Wiz
Underrated: Hornets

72 Wins
08-14-2014, 04:43 PM
I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right.

Considering they lost their best player and traded away another significant piece (Deng), you thought they were over rated last year? What more did you expect with that squad?

beasted86
08-14-2014, 04:48 PM
And why on Earth would someone assume a player that essentially missed 2 straight seasons due to injury will play the entire season? Furthermore will resume play at an elite level?

Having a DJ Augustine caliber replacement does not make them a #2 seed. Everything is reliant on Rose playing good enough that he should earn all-star starter, and based on probability, nobody should be expecting that at this point. Hoping is one thing, expecting is another.

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 04:52 PM
And why on Earth would someone assume a player that essentially missed 2 straight seasons due to injury will play the entire season? Furthermore will resume play at an elite level?

Having a DJ Augustine caliber replacement does not make them a #2 seed. Everything is reliant on Rose playing good enough that he should earn all-star starter, and based on probability, nobody should be expecting that at this point. Hoping is one thing, expecting is another.

agustine left the bulls if rose goes down their screwed

but I find it ironic your talking about rose when wades knees are also shot the heat are a 7th 8th seed imo

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 05:02 PM
espn has the cavs winning 56 games:facepalm:

72 Wins
08-14-2014, 05:09 PM

I have faith he'll be fine. The two injuries he had were kinda freak accidents. If Rose had some sort of degenerative type issue, then I would be less positive. I'm making my prediction based on Rose being healthy.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 05:10 PM
I agree with what's being said by the knicks, I think that they will bounce back, but like one realistic knick fan said, possible 8-6th, but those saying top 4 team in the east, you're probably a bit on the homer end?

Goose17
08-14-2014, 05:13 PM
espn has the cavs winning 56 games:facepalm:

They also have Dallas as the 5th seed, Houston as the 8th, Warriors as the 7th.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 05:30 PM
TO all knick fans thinking that you're underrated:

Yes you won 54 games the other season ago.
But since that team, Chicago, Cleveland, Washington, Toronto, Atlanta, and even Brooklyn had all gotten better in that time. Knicks are currently an even worse defensive team than last year, you lost chandler, the defense will be even lower defensively.

DOnt get me wrong, the knicks will improve, but not to the extent where they're contender status, they're far from it.

mseds99
08-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Overrated:
Portland (will miss playoffs)

Wash (6 or 7 seed), good but slightly overhyped

Rockets, their roster is worse than last year, and that may miss playoffs in the west

Phx - Overachieved last season and will not win 49 games again, but I like them and hope I am wrong on this

Lakers - That team is terrible (minus Kobe who is a question mark), I predict they will be in the bottom 2 in the west, maybe last. Heard they are thinking of playing Boozer at the 3, which might be the worst defensive idea in history. They will be dead last in team defense.

Tor - Same as Phx.

Underrated:

New Orleans - will push Rockets or Blazers out of PO's.

Milwaukee - I think they may come close to 30 wins, if Sanders gets his stuff together.

Detroit - If for no other reason a better defensive coaching, better play from Drummond and Josh Smith being benched if he takes 3's (we hope...please SVG!). I see them as the 7 or 8 seed.

Griz - Good arguments from people earlier.

beasted86
08-14-2014, 05:57 PM
agustine left the bulls if rose goes down their screwed

but I find it ironic your talking about rose when wades knees are also shot the heat are a 7th 8th seed imo
I don't understand the irony.

Wade played 91 and 74 games the past two regular and playoff seasons.

Rose played a combined 10 games the past two regular and playoff seasons.

One guy's team fans expect him to miss some games... The other guy's team fans expect him to play all games.

So please help me understand what you find ironic.

And I know Augustine left. I was suggesting if Rose played like Augustine did, with similar impact, then that doesn't help them nor move the needle to making them the favorites. I honestly personally believe he will have a good season but not elite... like I said earlier I expect Jeff Teague type stats.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 06:15 PM
knicks are overrated by knick fans. They still think the east is as bad as when they won 54 games. They keep constantly keep holding onto that and they're just going to be disappointed.

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 06:15 PM
They also have Dallas as the 5th seed, Houston as the 8th, Warriors as the 7th.

dallas is fine

the rockets lost their bench their fine

the dubs have a new coach but i'd take the dubs at 4 over the blazers

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 06:18 PM
knicks are overrated by knick fans. They still think the east is as bad as when they won 54 games. They keep constantly keep holding onto that and they're just going to be disappointed.

45 games wins the division this year bro is it out of this world to think we can't win 45 games:speechless:

if you think the raps are winning more than 45 games your delusional they have the same exact team as last year they were just lucky nobody got hurt

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 06:20 PM
I don't understand the irony.

Wade played 91 and 74 games the past two regular and playoff seasons.

Rose played a combined 10 games the past two regular and playoff seasons.

One guy's team fans expect him to miss some games... The other guy's team fans expect him to play all games.

So please help me understand what you find ironic.

And I know Augustine left. I was suggesting if Rose played like Augustine did, with similar impact, then that doesn't help them nor move the needle to making them the favorites. I honestly personally believe he will have a good season but not elite... like I said earlier I expect Jeff Teague type stats.

wade only played so much cuz he had lbj with lbj gone wade might not last to the all star break while rose just sat out an extra year and looks almost as good as he use to that's called irony

ChI_ShIzzLe
08-14-2014, 06:23 PM

So the Bulls were overrated last year after winning 48 games without Rose for a full season and Deng for the 2nd half?

MyDRoseLikeDeng
08-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Overrated- OKC
Underrated- NYK

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 06:30 PM
east fb knicks

Dude, you act as if I'm a homer. I do agree that the raptors havent made any changes and they're banging on the potential of their young guys and chemitry to carry forward. I dont think that is completly reliable considering how the east did get better.

I honestly think the raptors could be at the same record +/- 3 games. So anywhere from 45-51.

I would put the Hornets and heat over the raptors, so that'd make them the 5th seed.

Cleveland
Chicago
Hornets
Heat
Raptors
Wizards
Hawks

No NY/ No BK, no IND

beasted86
08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
wade only played so much cuz he had lbj with lbj gone wade might not last to the all star break while rose just sat out an extra year and looks almost as good as he use to that's called irony
Good job attempting to bait, but I'm not biting on this one.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 06:35 PM
IN case those of you didnt know, Lowry and Amir johnson have been hurt. The raptors have been injured, but their players play through their injuries.

Derozan has always been a health player the past 3 seasons.
They have great medical and training staff inToronto. It aint luck, it's called " playing through injuries" and good sport management.

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Overrated: Knicks
Underrated: Miami

everyone acts like miami cant play because they lost lebron. If you noticed, bosh and wade played to compliment lebro, they can definitely play 1A and 1B and be a good team in the east.

Goose17
08-14-2014, 06:44 PM
dallas is fine

the rockets lost their bench their fine

the dubs have a new coach but i'd take the dubs at 4 over the blazers

Dallas aren't finishing that high.

canzano55
08-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Bulls are way overrated.

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Dallas aren't finishing that high.

why not adding parsons and Tyson to a 49 win team doesn't help:confused:

FraziersKnicks
08-14-2014, 06:54 PM

And that is EXACTLY why they are overrated.

Over: Bulls (East), Thunder (West)

Under: Heat (East), Grizzlies (West)

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 06:57 PM
east fb knicks

Dude, you act as if I'm a homer. I do agree that the raptors havent made any changes and they're banging on the potential of their young guys and chemitry to carry forward. I dont think that is completly reliable considering how the east did get better.

I honestly think the raptors could be at the same record +/- 3 games. So anywhere from 45-51.

I would put the Hornets and heat over the raptors, so that'd make them the 5th seed.

Cleveland
Chicago
Hornets
Heat
Raptors
Wizards
Hawks

No NY/ No BK, no IND

I take it basketball isn't your sport in your standings you don't have the atlantic winner in your top 4:laugh:

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Overrated: Knicks
Underrated: Miami

everyone acts like miami cant play because they lost lebron. If you noticed, bosh and wade played to compliment lebro, they can definitely play 1A and 1B and be a good team in the east.

lmao I see what you did their you changed your answer to coincide with your trolling good job:up:

JROX213*323*310
08-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I take it basketball isn't your sport in your standings you don't have the atlantic winner in your top 4:laugh:

You also have only 7 teams making the playoffs in the east

Goose17
08-14-2014, 07:24 PM
why not adding parsons and Tyson to a 49 win team doesn't help:confused:

Not in the West. That line up will be awful defensively (minus Chandler).

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 07:52 PM
You also have only 7 teams making the playoffs in the east

lmao what :confused: I didn't put any standings up :laugh2:

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 07:54 PM

why parsons Tyson and harris are all good defenders even monte ellis isn't bad either

Munkeysuit
08-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Underrated: San Antonio Spurs (and have been for years)
Overrated: Houston Rockets

dalton749
08-14-2014, 08:33 PM
45 games wins the division this year bro is it out of this world to think we can't win 45 games:speechless:

if you think the raps are winning more than 45 games your delusional they have the same exact team as last year they were just lucky nobody got hurt

since when is having the exact same team a bad thing lmao
they arent about to get worse when the oldest player in their starting lineup is lowry, who happens to be in his prime
demar and amir are both 25
valanciunas is a 22 year old center with all star potential, going into his third year
terrence ross is 23 and still has a ton of potential too, but at the very least is already an elite 3 point shooter

last year guys were constantly playing through injuries because they had no depth, this year they should have one of the best benches in the league

vasquez
lou williams
james johnson
patrick patterson
hansborough

and speaking of 2 years ago, brooklyn won 49 games i believe with deron, jj, and lopez
it will take more than 45 wins

IversonIsKrazy
08-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Underrated: EASY: GRIZZZZLIEESS. This team finished 7th last year while marc Gasol missed a third of the season. Pushed OKC to one of the closest 7-games series ever, if Randolph played G7, could've been Grizz.
Now they've added VC and if Gasol is healthy, I feel this team can finish with HCA in first rd.

Denver: Getting everyone healthy again, they're a sleeper than will be in the mix for 6th seed or so.

Overrated: Kind of tough, but I'll go w/Dallas here. I see ppl seeing them as high as #4 and I just don't see Dallas that high of a team in the West. They're more in the mix for 6th-9th seed imo.

east fb knicks
08-14-2014, 09:20 PM
since when is having the exact same team a bad thing lmao
they arent about to get worse when the oldest player in their starting lineup is lowry, who happens to be in his prime
demar and amir are both 25
valanciunas is a 22 year old center with all star potential, going into his third year
terrence ross is 23 and still has a ton of potential too, but at the very least is already an elite 3 point shooter

last year guys were constantly playing through injuries because they had no depth, this year they should have one of the best benches in the league

vasquez
lou williams
james johnson
patrick patterson
hansborough

and speaking of 2 years ago, brooklyn won 49 games i believe with deron, jj, and lopez
it will take more than 45 wins

bk did win 49 games 2 years ago that why I have them ahead of the raps but it is a bad thing when you don't upgrade your team at all lowry always plays great in a contract year and again the raps shoot to many jumpers they have no post players and with the east getting tougher nobody in the atlantic division will win more then 45 games

last year the raps benefitted from a weak division and conference they'll be lucky to win 40 games good luck relying on lowry after a big payday

dalton749
08-14-2014, 09:41 PM
bk did win 49 games 2 years ago that why I have them ahead of the raps but it is a bad thing when you don't upgrade your team at all lowry always plays great in a contract year and again the raps shoot to many jumpers they have no post players and with the east getting tougher nobody in the atlantic division will win more then 45 games

last year the raps benefitted from a weak division and conference they'll be lucky to win 40 games good luck relying on lowry after a big payday

most raptor fans are expecting lowrys stats to be a little lower but not because of the contract year, if anything he is more motivated this year
hes been a very good player the last few years, he was just dealing with some freak health problems
his scoring numbers will probably go back down to around 15 a game because ross will score atleast 13 ppg, and valanciunas is supposed to be getting a larger offensive role next year (in the post)

if you think the knicks upgraded their team, so did the raptors

Dade County
08-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Overrated: Clippers & Golden State Warriors
Underrated: HEAT

Clippers have done nothing in my eyes, to close the gap between them and OKC.

The Warriors to me are just for show... I take nothing form that game 7 series against the Clippers; I believe NBA = Entertainment happened in that series.

Seizabmc
08-14-2014, 09:49 PM
West

Over / okc
Under/ griz

East

Over/bulls
Under/ knicks

Bartlee23
08-14-2014, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Captain Moroni;28927696]I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.

Typical New York troll..... Chandler was the greatest player..... until he was traded, Amare wasn't heathy (again) but if he is/was will be an all-star, Bargs wasn't used right but because he now plays for New York he's the perfect player for the triangle offense, etc.

New York added nothing to the team of any signifigance other than a bloated Anthony contract and a slightly above average point guard. After this year New York definitely has some money to spend to build a team if anyone wants to play there but with no draft picks we'll see.

BTW way to go on picking a Rose-less Chicago team not doing anything last year. They overachieved more than any team in the league. Remind me how well New York did?

ChI_ShIzzLe
08-14-2014, 10:15 PM
And that is EXACTLY why they are overrated.

Over: Bulls (East), Thunder (West)

Under: Heat (East), Grizzlies (West)
The Bulls were the #1 seed in the East the first 2 years of the Heat Big 3 era. They were healthy the first season when they won 62 and during the lockout season Rose missed half the season due to various injuries before the ultimate one in that first playoff game. So please explain how they are "overrated" when we're assuming a healthy Rose for the whole season and a more talented and experienced roster than in 2010.

TrueFan420
08-14-2014, 10:20 PM

The Warriors to me are just for show... I take nothing form that game 7 series against the Clippers; I believe NBA = Entertainment happened in that series.

Except for the fact that the warriors would have won that series with a healthy center. Our starting center and second most important player in Bogut was hurt. Our back up in Ezeil who isn't a world beater but is a solid defensive big that can run was out for the season after a very promising rookie year. And our safety 3rd center 60 year old jermane oneal was hurt a couple games in and had to limit his time even more. Thus leaving DLee to cover DJ and we still went 7.

lamzoka
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Overrated: Bulls
Underrated: Heat

east fb knicks
08-15-2014, 12:13 AM
most raptor fans are expecting lowrys stats to be a little lower but not because of the contract year, if anything he is more motivated this year
hes been a very good player the last few years, he was just dealing with some freak health problems
his scoring numbers will probably go back down to around 15 a game because ross will score atleast 13 ppg, and valanciunas is supposed to be getting a larger offensive role next year (in the post)

if you think the knicks upgraded their team, so did the raptors

how the raptors only added lou will and Johnson

while the knicksonly needed a pg and coach we significantly upgradedour pg spot and brought in the goat who is teaching fisher how to be a coach and im not even going to elaborate on all of the youth we brought in with a healthy amare and jr

the knicks didn't just upgrade we upgraded significantly the raps should have been aggressive in free agency instead they stood pat which will be a big mistake even bk is trying with the trade for jack unless the raps make a trade they aren't better then the knicks or nets imo

Ariza's Better
08-15-2014, 01:02 AM

while the knicksonly needed a pg and coach we significantly upgradedour pg spot and brought in the goat who is teaching fisher how to be a coach and im not even going to elaborate on all of the youth we brought in with a healthy amare and jr

the knicks didn't just upgrade we upgraded significantly the raps should have been aggressive in free agency instead they stood pat which will be a big mistake even bk is trying with the trade for jack unless the raps make a trade they aren't better then the knicks or nets imo
The Knicks improved but not as much as you think. The Knicks back court is improved however 2 out 3 positions in the front court are suspect. The Knicks have melo and ......

Captain Moroni
08-15-2014, 04:03 AM
That can be true, but if your planning on trotting out line ups consisting of calderderon, smith, bargs, and amare then your just asking to be scored on lmao.

Not even thibs could turn them into a solid-if that defensive players.

How many teams in the NBA played what you consider SOLID defense last season? Miami? San Antonio? Chicago? who else plays SOLID NBA defense? Maybe OKC?

I had the Knicks in the 4-5 range, and to be honest they weren't the WORST defensive team in the league by far. Are all the teams you have listed in front of NYK SOLID NBA defensive teams?

Captain Moroni
08-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Considering they lost their best player and traded away another significant piece (Deng), you thought they were over rated last year? What more did you expect with that squad?

Uhhh I stated this BEFORE last season, and I figured Before the season that Rose not being healthy the entire season was a major reason why. People (Mostly Bulls fans) had them at #1 going into the season. Many told me they were going to laugh at me at seasons end when I was wrong. I never did get any of those posts thrown back my way because I was spot on.
This year, I have Chicago at #2-#3 because gasol is a big pickup. Rose still has to stay healthy or it's just another super hyped lost season.
Saying the Knicks are a 4-5 seed in a very weak east is not the craziest thought considering the regime change, total team Philosophy switch and actual NBA type PG's on the roster.

TheNumber37
08-15-2014, 04:25 AM
Underrated - Knicks
2 years ago, people had them as the 6th seed, they finished as the 2 seed
Last year, people had them as the 6th, they finished as the 9th and missed the playoffs
This year, their pegged to be the 9th or 10th seed in the east... I think they win the division and get a top 3 seed.

Overrated. The Nets. For real, Lionel Hollins will destroy Deron Williams, KG, is done, The Truth saw the writing and left, as did Livingston... Joe Johnson is gonna get better.
Take Over Plumlee

Captain Moroni
08-15-2014, 04:32 AM
Bartlee23;

Captain Moroni I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.

I will attempt to answer your attacks one at a time, you seem angry because I have an opinon that differs from your's/ So hear goes...
Typical New York troll..... Actually I am not a troll at all. Abour 6'3" 235 LB. Way to big to be a troll. Plus I have a shaved head, no colorful long troll like hair. So you were quite wrong with your opening statement.

Chandler was the greatest player..... until he was traded,
Never anywhere have I called Chandler the greatest player ever. What I said was that he was a huge disappointment last season.

Amare wasn't heathy (again) but if he is/was will be an all-star,

Putting words in my mouth. Never said one thing about Amare being an All Star next year.

Bargs wasn't used right but because he now plays for New York he's the perfect player for the triangle offense, etc.

Nope, what I did say was that Bargs was used wrong last season. He was being used in a spot up 3 point role better suited for Steve Novak. He is however a great fit in the triangle where big men consistently get easy layups and wide open short jumper looks. Both roles that suit him.

New York added nothing to the team of any signifigance other than a bloated Anthony contract and a slightly above average point guard.

Now since Melo was already there making crazy money anyway, they didn't really "add" him. As far as adding a slightly better than average PG, WE WILL TAKE IT. do you have any idea how awful Felton really was? Larkin and Calderon are HUGE upgrades.

After this year New York definitely has some money to spend to build a team if anyone wants to play there but with no draft picks we'll see.

Who is talking about next year? You are already telling me how bad they will be next year because of picks they dont have? and BTW they own a first rounder next year.

BTW way to go on picking a Rose-less Chicago team not doing anything last year. They overachieved more than any team in the league.

They werent Rose-less when I predicted that. And yes they over acheived but what does that have to do with being over rated?

Remind me how well New York did?

Knicks were awful last year. Do you want a game by game analysis?

FraziersKnicks
08-15-2014, 04:52 AM
The Bulls were the #1 seed in the East the first 2 years of the Heat Big 3 era. They were healthy the first season when they won 62 and during the lockout season Rose missed half the season due to various injuries before the ultimate one in that first playoff game. So please explain how they are "overrated" when we're assuming a healthy Rose for the whole season and a more talented and experienced roster than in 2010.

Because Rose hasn't played competitive basketball for two years and outside of him they still have zero offense.

bgdreton
08-15-2014, 05:06 AM

Your post here is comical thank you!

CityofChaos
08-15-2014, 05:08 AM
Except for the fact that the warriors would have won that series with a healthy center. Our starting center and second most important player in Bogut was hurt. Our back up in Ezeil who isn't a world beater but is a solid defensive big that can run was out for the season after a very promising rookie year. And our safety 3rd center 60 year old jermane oneal was hurt a couple games in and had to limit his time even more. Thus leaving DLee to cover DJ and we still went 7.

Not to mention they were the only team to take the Spurs, who swept every other team they faced during the 12-13 playoffs, to game 6 without David Lee or Brandon Rush.

If anything, people are sleeping on the Warriors just because they didn't pull the trigger on the Love deal. Are they worse than last year? HELL NO.
1.) They didn't lose any key players and they added Shaun Livingston who just came off one of his best seasons since his injury.
2.)Ezeli and Brandon Rush are back which already boosts their bench production compared to last seasons pathetic bench + GM Meyers stated that they aren't done w/ FA just yet.
3.) Its almost evident that Steve Kerr will run a more structured offense and defense compared to Mark Jacksons lackadaisical playbook.

The CAVS are hands down the most overrated team so far.

MELO 15
08-15-2014, 07:43 AM

Looking at his track record, Id say that your assumption sucks. Rose reminds of a modern day yao ming in that he has all the talent in the world but if you were a betting man, you can almost see him getting reinjured and out for the majority of the season, something as minor as landing on someones foot and recieving an ankle sprain turns into, uh oh is it the knees? Every bulls fan will be doing that this year, hoping and praying its not the knees, and than they go into saying were still a top team because of our defense, or find a way to redeem there season, or have high hopes for your team (and im not mad when you do this, because your fans) but the reality of your team is, that you guys want to believe you will be a top team knowing that it maybe possible as long as rose is healthy. The question now becomes...... How long will that be?:eyebrow:

MELO 15
08-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Not to mention they were the only team to take the Spurs, who swept every other team they faced during the 12-13 playoffs, to game 6 without David Lee or Brandon Rush.

If anything, people are sleeping on the Warriors just because they didn't pull the trigger on the Love deal. Are they worse than last year? HELL NO.
1.) They didn't lose any key players and they added Shaun Livingston who just came off one of his best seasons since his injury.
2.)Ezeli and Brandon Rush are back which already boosts their bench production compared to last seasons pathetic bench + GM Meyers stated that they aren't done w/ FA just yet.
3.) Its almost evident that Steve Kerr will run a more structured offense and defense compared to Mark Jacksons lackadaisical playbook.

The CAVS are hands down the most overrated team so far.

Your right! How can guys like espn ride the cavs when they havent seen one game from this team? I think that the addition of Love might be a bad thing for the Cavs. Some people in this forum have went out there way to expose the knicks for the teams personel and said that they don't have guys to play D, But I believe the Cavs are worse off defensively than the knicks, The only guy they have on that team that can play D is LBJ, Waiters can't play D, Love is up there with Amare, probably worse as far as Defense, People have mentioned varejao, but when doing a little research come to find that he was up there this year as one of the worst defenders at his position in the NBA, and don't even get me started on Kyrie, which by the way will have the hardest time out of there so called BIG Three to find his place, and Defensively? we don't have to speak on that. So yes to me it's the cavs who are the most overrated.

And Underrated, is the Clippers. The reason being is that everyone hase made the west coast a two team championship race between the Spurs and Thunder (which is reasonable) But I think the Clippers have moved past that Lob city, Im gonna be flashy, we're the new LA, to I have Doc as my coach and its about business and winning a ring mentality.

PhillyFaninLA
08-15-2014, 08:02 AM
So the Bulls were overrated last year after winning 48 games without Rose for a full season and Deng for the 2nd half?

Noah has been considerably better without Rose in the lineup. I see no reason why they will magically be able to play together now.

KnicksorBust
08-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Overrated: Raptors

Underrated: Pelicans

MELO 15
08-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Good Call!

todu82
08-15-2014, 09:00 AM
under-Miami
Over-Cleveland

ohreally
08-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Underrated - Knicks
2 years ago, people had them as the 6th seed, they finished as the 2 seed
Last year, people had them as the 6th, they finished as the 9th and missed the playoffs
This year, their pegged to be the 9th or 10th seed in the east... I think they win the division and get a top 3 seed.

Overrated. The Nets. For real, Lionel Hollins will destroy Deron Williams, KG, is done, The Truth saw the writing and left, as did Livingston... Joe Johnson is gonna get better.
Take Over Plumlee

Underrated: Brooklyn. Biggest loss is Livingston, but Anderson and Brown will help on D, Gutierrez is steady as a distributor, and Deron should be better. Mirza gets more time, Bogdanovich should do well with all the shooters around him, Plumlee is improving already, and Lopez being back and having Hollins as coach should be big pluses.

Overrated: Knicks. Their real problem last year was defense and they are even worse this year, they will be instituting a difficult system, and their youngs all have issues of one type of another. Early better be early, but I expect he won't be.

Miami is underrated as well, so are the Grizz, and the Nuggets should be improved.
Cavs overrated, OKC always seems overrated, and though on paper the Hornets are a nice team, something just tells me there will be chemistry problems (part of what I figure will be an issue with the Cavs).

Bartlee23
08-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Bartlee23;

Captain Moroni I stated last year that the Bulls were being over rated and I was right. This year I see them as the 2-3 seed depending on Rose.

I will attempt to answer your attacks one at a time, you seem angry because I have an opinon that differs from your's/ So hear goes...
Typical New York troll..... Actually I am not a troll at all. Abour 6'3" 235 LB. Way to big to be a troll. Plus I have a shaved head, no colorful long troll like hair. So you were quite wrong with your opening statement.

Chandler was the greatest player..... until he was traded,
Never anywhere have I called Chandler the greatest player ever. What I said was that he was a huge disappointment last season.

Amare wasn't heathy (again) but if he is/was will be an all-star,

Putting words in my mouth. Never said one thing about Amare being an All Star next year.

Bargs wasn't used right but because he now plays for New York he's the perfect player for the triangle offense, etc.

Nope, what I did say was that Bargs was used wrong last season. He was being used in a spot up 3 point role better suited for Steve Novak. He is however a great fit in the triangle where big men consistently get easy layups and wide open short jumper looks. Both roles that suit him.

New York added nothing to the team of any signifigance other than a bloated Anthony contract and a slightly above average point guard.

Now since Melo was already there making crazy money anyway, they didn't really "add" him. As far as adding a slightly better than average PG, WE WILL TAKE IT. do you have any idea how awful Felton really was? Larkin and Calderon are HUGE upgrades.

After this year New York definitely has some money to spend to build a team if anyone wants to play there but with no draft picks we'll see.

Who is talking about next year? You are already telling me how bad they will be next year because of picks they dont have? and BTW they own a first rounder next year.

BTW way to go on picking a Rose-less Chicago team not doing anything last year. They overachieved more than any team in the league.

They werent Rose-less when I predicted that. And yes they over acheived but what does that have to do with being over rated?

Remind me how well New York did?

Knicks were awful last year. Do you want a game by game analysis?

Captain,

Let's start over..... first off I don't care if you're 2 feet tall or 10 feet tall. I've talked with plenty of people online so you can project yourself to be what you want. The term " troll " has nothing to do with your physical characters but I guess that one flew over your head. Let me apologize by using that term with you, I just get so frustrated with the " experts " on here who seem to know everything about everything.

Let's go back to what you did say......you claimed Amare and Bargs were used wrong and Chandler was awful but I could argue that Chandler was used wrong as well thus making him awful. Those three players in fact, have been injured and awful but it's funny that since Chandler is gone, he was mentioned as the awful one and the others were just.... " used wrong ."

" Amare could be a huge weapon " ( if healthy )...... where do I even start with this statement?

" Defense can be taught and learned " that is a true statement. However, you also have to have passion and commitment which most New York players on the roster don't have and will not learn.

The triangle offense is not something you learn overnight. Your team has players who have never played in it, a rookie coach and a team that is really short on talent. People tend to forget that Phil Jackson has a brilliant mind, but he will not be one the bench coaching the team.

Let me finish by saying I do not hate New York nor am I angry at your opinions because that's all they are. You may disagree with me. I see a lot of upside after this year in New York when all the crap falls off the books but this year IMO I don't see New York winning more than the 45-47 range. If Chicago had Rose healthy last year for the entire year they would have had a phenomenal year despite your "overrated prediction." Look what they did without him. Your prediction was wrong. Peace.....

Blah Blah Blah
08-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Noah has been considerably better without Rose in the lineup. I see no reason why they will magically be able to play together now.

That's due to you not knowing the Bulls well which no one will blame you for since you're a philly fan and don't follow the bulls much at all (i'm guessing off of your name). Noah isn't a guy that needs the ball much at all, and a guy like Rose makes things easier for everyone around him, which was the case before he got injured. Noah is a great rebounder/defender/passer, which won't get affected in a negative way with Rose playing.

Overrated: Knicks (mainly due to the fans, the media and such don't think as highly of the knicks just like most outside of NY)

Underrated: Heat (I think they'll be a top 3 seed if Wade stays healthy for most part of the season. If he doesn't I have them 4th behind Toronto).

Captain Moroni
08-16-2014, 03:14 AM
Captain,

Let's start over..... first off I don't care if you're 2 feet tall or 10 feet tall. I've talked with plenty of people online so you can project yourself to be what you want. The term " troll " has nothing to do with your physical characters but I guess that one flew over your head.

Let me apologize by using that term with you, I just get so frustrated with the " experts " on here who seem to know everything about everything.

Let's go back to what you did say......you claimed Amare and Bargs were used wrong and Chandler was awful but I could argue that Chandler was used wrong as well thus making him awful. Those three players in fact, have been injured and awful but it's funny that since Chandler is gone, he was mentioned as the awful one and the others were just.... " used wrong ."

" Amare could be a huge weapon " ( if healthy )...... where do I even start with this statement?

" Defense can be taught and learned " that is a true statement. However, you also have to have passion and commitment which most New York players on the roster don't have and will not learn.

The triangle offense is not something you learn overnight. Your team has players who have never played in it, a rookie coach and a team that is really short on talent. People tend to forget that Phil Jackson has a brilliant mind, but he will not be one the bench coaching the team.

Let me finish by saying I do not hate New York nor am I angry at your opinions because that's all they are. You may disagree with me. I see a lot of upside after this year in New York when all the crap falls off the books but this year IMO I don't see New York winning more than the 45-47 range. If Chicago had Rose healthy last year for the entire year they would have had a phenomenal year despite your "overrated prediction." Look what they did without him. Your prediction was wrong. Peace.....

yea After 3 years and 12000 posts, I had no idea of what troll meant. Thank you for clarifying Mr Einstein.

Your disdain for all things Knicks oozes out of every line you write.

45-47 wins gets you the 4-5 seed. Exactly where I feel the Knicks will land. So what exactly is your point?

And as far as my prediction about last years Bulls....I was spot on 100% correct. No one can dispute that. What I predicted is exactly what happened.

dalton749
08-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Knicks fans say last year the raptors were good in a bad eastern conference. They were like 42-22 after Rudy which is one of the best records in the league.
While the knicks just plain sucked in an already bad east.
And coaching isn't an excuse when the year before Woodson was apparently a great coach😕

The fact that some Knicks fans think ecf is a realistic chance is hilarious, and the most delusional thing I've ever heard.

Melo has even had to come out and say fans need to lower their expectations because you are ****ing insane

lol, please
08-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Warriors are definitely underrated this season, only got better and already written off by many.

east fb knicks
08-16-2014, 03:46 AM
Knicks fans say last year the raptors were good in a bad eastern conference. They were like 42-22 after Rudy which is one of the best records in the league.
And coaching isn't an excuse when the year before Woodson was apparently a great coach��

The fact that some Knicks fans think ecf is a realistic chance is hilarious, and the most delusional thing I've ever heard.

Melo has even had to come out and say fans need to lower their expectations because you are ****ing insane

both teams aren't great bro get over it the raps beat up on lesser competition and struggled against teams 500 or above they were 16 25 the atl is wide open even bos has a chance to win it

2-ONE-5
08-16-2014, 08:56 AM
yea After 3 years and 12000 posts, I had no idea of what troll meant. Thank you for clarifying Mr Einstein.

45-47 wins gets you the 4-5 seed. Exactly where I feel the Knicks will land. So what exactly is your point?

And as far as my prediction about last years Bulls....I was spot on 100% correct. No one can dispute that. What I predicted is exactly what happened.

you cant really believe that 45-47 wins can get you the 4th seed? this year? 48 won 4th place last year and the Wiz won 44 in 5th and project to be closer to a 50 win team this year.

FriedTofuz
08-16-2014, 01:36 PM
And coaching isn't an excuse when the year before Woodson was apparently a great coach😕

The knicks bring up statistics against the raptors, but when you counter and bring up statistics for the raptors, they cant rebuttle. I told them that. They like to make excuses how 18 of their losses were decided by 3 or less points. Im sure the raptors have statistics like this too. Also, great post, it was really funny to read. :laugh2:

Captain Moroni
08-16-2014, 02:29 PM
you cant really believe that 45-47 wins can get you the 4th seed? this year? 48 won 4th place last year and the Wiz won 44 in 5th and project to be closer to a 50 win team this year.

You are making this way to easy for me.
So 48 wins got the 4th seed last year, and 44 got the 5th seed. You predict the Knicks will win 45-47 games this year but think I am crazy for predicting they end up in the 4-5 spot? Do you actually read your previous posts?

Captain Moroni
08-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Maybe one Knicks fan is predicting ECF surely not "ALL" Knicks fans. I agree 100% with Melo, this is not a Championship squad, realistic fans know that.

Teams capable of winning a title this year are the Spurs, Mavs, Thunder and maybe the Cav's.

Bartlee23
08-16-2014, 03:20 PM

I could care less about your " 3 years and 12000 posts "...that really doesn't prove you know anything. Been here a lot longer than you and I apologize I don't have the time to spend on here.

From what I see from you, you " disdain everything that oozes out of every line you write about Chicago.

Where did I say 45-47 wins will get the 4-5th seed ? ( putting words in my mouth? ) I was being generous with that number and with the Knicks falling behind Chicago,Cleveland,Miami,Toronto and Washington, I see them struggling to position themselves between 6-8 with an improved Charlotte team, possibly healthy Brooklyn team and Atlanta.

Lastly, again with your "prediction" it couldn't have been more wrong. Chicago was without Rose for basically the whole year and traded Deng to get under the salary cap. The team OVERACHIEVED more than any team in the NBA. If you truly believe that your prediction was right that Chicago was " overrated" and would not of done better despite the fact that they lost Rose for the season and traded Deng then I am just done with you.

FriedTofuz
08-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Maybe one Knicks fan is predicting ECF surely not "ALL" Knicks fans. I agree 100% with Melo, this is not a Championship squad, realistic fans know that.

Teams capable of winning a title this year are the Spurs, Mavs, Thunder and maybe the Cav's.

read the first couple pages of this thread, it's many knick fans saying that they can make it to the ECF:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?870950-Expectations-for-Next-Season

mightybosstone
08-16-2014, 03:47 PM
I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but does anyone else feel like Charlotte has become the "so underrated they're overrated" team for this season? They won 43 games last season and added Lance Stephenson, but I don't think he makes them significantly better on paper. He's not going to be an efficient 18-20 PPG kinda guy. At best, maybe they win 45-47 games and end up with the 5 or 6 seed in a much improved Eastern Conference.

But Cleveland just jumped into the likely top spot in the conference on paper while Chicago, Brooklyn and Atlanta all get their best player back from injury. Toronto, Washington and Miami were already better basketball teams than Charlotte last season and I'm not sure there's a reason to think they won't still be better.

FriedTofuz
08-16-2014, 03:50 PM
No man, a lot of fans have been saying this.

If everything goes right in terms of health which is a big if I would say that ECF berth is realistic

I think Phil, Fisher and the Triangle are going to cut up the competition.

I predict 50-55 wins. Then the playoffs becomes a game of matchups, health and luck.

We don't have the D to be a contender but I think we will be closer to 2013 than 2014. In the East we can make a run to the ECF. I understand its summer league, but if our real squad can show half the togetherness and triangle-domination these guys are showing under the leadership of Phish, great things lie ahead.

I think there is chance for knicks to be #4 seed only because Atlantic is pathetic but 8 seed should be within grasp.

meh I really don't know man but I definitely see us being a top 4 team I predicted great things last year and we all know how that worked:( im just in a wait and see position right now

Ok, no Lance, no way the Pacers are even in the top 5. How do you let a guy who led the NBA in triple doubles walk over a couple million ?

i think they fall to 6 seed under the Bulls.

PP and KH with the Wiz! They move past the Bulls.

Since Lebron had a less talented team as #1seed for so many years, i have to go with The King when he has Kyrie, Wiggins and an upgrade of youth all around him. Those guys are going to play their butts off for him.

new rankings:

Cavs
Knicks
Miami
Wiz
Bulls
Pacers
Raptors
Brooklyn

ohreally
08-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't get why anyone other than Knicks fans care where they end up, and yes, fans always look on the bright side, and Knicks fans generally look well past that. Unless they insult your team, why argue. Everyone's entitle led to dream.

Mr.B
08-16-2014, 04:13 PM
The Mavs were actually a worse defensive team last year than they will be this year. Marion is the only strong defender they lost. Dalembert was ok on some nights but for every good night he had he would have two bad ones. The addition of Tyson and Aminu will more than make up for the loss of Marion. Plus they still have Harris, Wright, and Crowder that are also good defenders. Not to mention they have a much deeper bench than last year. I expect Dallas and Houston to battle for that 4th seed.

KnicksYanks
08-16-2014, 04:38 PM
As fans u are supposed to support ur team and hope they do their best. Why are u so bothered when they haven't insulted ur team.

Cal827
08-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Underrated: Grizzlies

Overrated: Cavs, Raptors

benny01
08-16-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but does anyone else feel like Charlotte has become the "so underrated they're overrated" team for this season? They won 43 games last season and added Lance Stephenson, but I don't think he makes them significantly better on paper. He's not going to be an efficient 18-20 PPG kinda guy. At best, maybe they win 45-47 games and end up with the 5 or 6 seed in a much improved Eastern Conference.

But Cleveland just jumped into the likely top spot in the conference on paper while Chicago, Brooklyn and Atlanta all get their best player back from injury. Toronto, Washington and Miami were already better basketball teams than Charlotte last season and I'm not sure there's a reason to think they won't still be better.
I like that they brought in Stephenson, but yeah they still have major issues scoring.

Captain Moroni
08-16-2014, 09:48 PM
I could care less about your " 3 years and 12000 posts "...that really doesn't prove you know anything. Been here a lot longer than you and I apologize I don't have the time to spend on here.

From what I see from you, you " disdain everything that oozes out of every line you write about Chicago.

Where did I say 45-47 wins will get the 4-5th seed ? ( putting words in my mouth? ) I was being generous with that number and with the Knicks falling behind Chicago,Cleveland,Miami,Toronto and Washington, I see them struggling to position themselves between 6-8 with an improved Charlotte team, possibly healthy Brooklyn team and Atlanta.

Lastly, again with your "prediction" it couldn't have been more wrong. Chicago was without Rose for basically the whole year and traded Deng to get under the salary cap. The team OVERACHIEVED more than any team in the NBA. If you truly believe that your prediction was right that Chicago was " overrated" and would not of done better despite the fact that they lost Rose for the season and traded Deng then I am just done with you.

You can't make this stuff up. So, I predicted Last year that Chicago was over rated and that Rose would get hurt and I was 100% correct on my pre-season prediction. But because the team played well without Rose but failed to be a number 1 or 2 seed like many were predicting....My correct prediction was totally wrong.
HUH?

east fb knicks
08-16-2014, 10:01 PM
You are making this way to easy for me.
So 48 wins got the 4th seed last year, and 44 got the 5th seed. You predict the Knicks will win 45-47 games this year but think I am crazy for predicting they end up in the 4-5 spot? Do you actually read your previous posts?

:laugh: :burn:

Bartlee23
08-16-2014, 10:24 PM
You can't make this stuff up. So, I predicted Last year that Chicago was over rated and that Rose would get hurt and I was 100% correct on my pre-season prediction. But because the team played well without Rose but failed to be a number 1 or 2 seed like many were predicting....My correct prediction was totally wrong.
HUH?

Show me in this thread where you quoted the Rose injury and the team trading Deng? You still have nothing. I give up with you. You can't prove anything about your prediction.

NBA_Starter
08-16-2014, 10:42 PM
The Pacers were overrated even before the PG injury.

j-bay
08-16-2014, 10:42 PM
I think Toronto is overrated. I think they will get to playoffs in a weak division. However I don't think they will be as good as they were last season. In my opinion they caught lightning in a bottle after the RG trade. They also didn't really upgrade anything at all.

As for Washington being overrated, no...just no. John Wall is going to be better, and so is Beal. Washington looks better than last season.

east fb knicks
08-16-2014, 10:44 PM
I think Toronto is overrated. I think they will get to playoffs in a weak division. However I don't think they will be as good as they were last season. In my opinion they caught lightning in a bottle after the RG trade. They also didn't really upgrade anything at all.

As for Washington being overrated, no...just no. John Wall is going to be better, and so is Beal. Washington looks better than last season.

anybody who said the wiz are overrated didn't watch them play last year I have the wiz in my top 3

NBA_Starter
08-16-2014, 10:55 PM
anybody who said the wiz are overrated didn't watch them play last year I have the wiz in my top 3

Even without Ariza?

Sadds The Gr8
08-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Overrated: wizards

Underrated: pelicans

j-bay
08-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Even without Ariza?
Offense: Pierce
Defense: Ariza (Pierce is OK too though)

Wizards have made themselves better though. James being gone helps their case. Wall and Beal are going to be better this season.

FriedTofuz
08-17-2014, 02:28 AM

you have to consider that Toronto has 3 young players all getting better. JV, Derozan and Ross. Washington stayed the same and lost players trying to save cap room. I dont see why the wizards would be so much better than the raptors.

a playoff series win doesnt mean they're a top 3 team. The wizards match up well against the bulls and although Im not discrediting their play, a dysfunctional indiana team was still able to come out on top.
If the raptors beat Indiana, would you also say that the raptors are top 3? They raptors matched up very well against indiana, and could've beaten them just like how washington matched up well against chicago. Im sure you didnt watch the wizards other than in the playoffs. The nets also tanked and helped washington and themselves, but getting the matchup they both wanted.

Vinny642
08-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Watch out for my Pelicans!

5ass
08-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Watch out for my Pelicans!

I believe they'll make the play offs this year.

j-bay
08-17-2014, 10:37 AM
you have to consider that Toronto has 3 young players all getting better. JV, Derozan and Ross. Washington stayed the same and lost players trying to save cap room. I dont see why the wizards would be so much better than the raptors.

a playoff series win doesnt mean they're a top 3 team. The wizards match up well against the bulls and although Im not discrediting their play, a dysfunctional indiana team was still able to come out on top.
If the raptors beat Indiana, would you also say that the raptors are top 3? They raptors matched up very well against indiana, and could've beaten them just like how washington matched up well against chicago. Im sure you didnt watch the wizards other than in the playoffs. The nets also tanked and helped washington and themselves, but getting the matchup they both wanted.

Dude come on really? We have gotten better. We lost Ariza and Booker, but added Pierce, Blair, and Humphries. That's improving. If your questioning Pierce's age, yeah he is declining a little, but Wall will help by setting him up. By the way I haven't just watched since this year. I've been watching since 2000 when we were one of the worst teams in basketball. And you want to talk about improving. Wall is going to be an All Star again this year, and Beal if he plays like he did in the playoffs might get in this season.

j-bay
08-17-2014, 10:45 AM
As for the Raptors, like I said I think they're a good team. But let's not forget the benefit in a weak division.

Cal827
08-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Side note, but I really want to see the Wizards-Raptors face off in the playoffs at some point. Both teams might be up there in the future of the East. I was at the Triple OT Game, and although I was tired as ****, it was freaking awesome to watch lol

FriedTofuz
08-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Dude come on really? We have gotten better. We lost Ariza and Booker, but added Pierce, Blair, and Humphries. That's improving. If your questioning Pierce's age, yeah he is declining a little, but Wall will help by setting him up. By the way I haven't just watched since this year. I've been watching since 2000 when we were one of the worst teams in basketball. And you want to talk about improving. Wall is going to be an All Star again this year, and Beal if he plays like he did in the playoffs might get in this season.

At Pierces age, he's not the same "the Truth" that he used to be. At this point, defensively, and what is brought offensively by the numbers, Ariza is the better player. But fine, let's just say, it's neutral, neither an upgrade nor a downgrade, I hardly see pierce as an upgrade at this stage of his career. As for humpries, that's a solid bench player for rebounds. But other than that one addition, the wizards, like the raptors are banking on building continuity and for their young players to get better. Wall and Beal have very very high ceilings and will inevitably get better, but to say the wizards got really good or such, is a bit of an overstatement? I understand where you're coming from, it has been a long long time since both the raptors and wizards have made the playoffs. But like ive been saying for the raptors, banking on the improvements of their young players isnt enough to say that they'll be even better than last year, they could stay the same, since the east did get more competitive.

FriedTofuz
08-17-2014, 03:34 PM

As for the Raptors, like I said I think they're a good team. But let's not forget the benefit in a weak division.

What weak division? It's only Philadelphia that's tanking and everyone in the east is making progress from them.
The knicks wont be as bad as they were last year, they're probably going to be a 41-41 team which isnt something to game wins over, same with brooklyn who got back brook lopez, arguably their best scorer.

east fb knicks
08-17-2014, 05:39 PM

dam bro I didn't know they got blair also anybody who watched the playoffs last year knows the wiz are for real I could see them as high as a 2 seed especially with wall being cut by team usa which was a dumb move btw but wall is going to beast next year

2-ONE-5
08-17-2014, 05:51 PM

the only move the Wiz made was downgrading from Ariza to PP. i dnt get how you can like them and not the raptors. i like them both for top 4

KnicksorBust
03-15-2015, 11:59 AM

Thought it was time for this thread to get a bump. Said this on Aug 15th. Still stand by it.

Cal827
03-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Underrated: Grizzlies

Overrated: Cavs, Raptors

Well I guess 2/3 ain't bad :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
03-15-2015, 01:24 PM

Ouch.

FriedTofuz
03-17-2015, 11:49 AM
So I guess the cavs werent overrated with the way they've been playing. Chicago has been disappointing, with the way the raptors and wizards have been playing as well, they also have been disappointed.
Atlanta was clearly the most underrrated. Knicks were also overrated, but I didnt expect them to be at the very bottom of the conference

KnicksorBust
03-17-2015, 12:40 PM
So I guess the cavs werent overrated with the way they've been playing. Chicago has been disappointing, with the way the raptors and wizards have been playing as well, they also have been disappointed.
Atlanta was clearly the most underrrated. Knicks were also overrated, but I didnt expect them to be at the very bottom of the conference

Yeah I went through the whole thread looking to see if anyone had called that. Would have been pretty impressed. I don't think anyone did unless I missed it?

valade16
03-17-2015, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I get that they beat the Rockets last year, but they sort of fell apart in the second half of the season and they weren't remotely the same team in that San Antonio series. I think the Blazers are that team that can play really, really well for stretches, but they aren't good enough defensively to be taken seriously as contenders. I think they'll finish as a 7 or 8 seed and get bounced in the first round.

Overrated:
Portland (will miss playoffs) New Orleans - will push Rockets or Blazers out of PO's.

Only 2 comments about Portland.

KnicksorBust
03-17-2015, 02:27 PM

Overrated:
Portland (will miss playoffs) New Orleans - will push Rockets or Blazers out of PO's.

Only 2 comments about Portland.

Both overrated. The shame is if Wes didn't go down then they would have really proved the doubters wrong.

Goose17
03-17-2015, 06:14 PM
LOL. Espn said Dubs would be a 7th seed and Houston an 8th seed. Love it.

Nailed it.

Sort of..

nastynice
03-17-2015, 06:42 PM
underrated: Warriors, hawks, pels

dubs may very well end up with the best record in the league, kerr is going to really show what x's and o's can do for a team

hawks are a solid all around squad who, like the warriors, now have a legit coach to bring their talent together. Will be a real contender in the east

pels, ad will be a mvp candidate if his team can get a top 5 seed

overrated:

Dallas, they have a solid squad, but they'll feel they need something to get over the hump and will end up making a stupid trade deadline deal, probably pick up rondo or someone, which will ruin they're chemistry come crunch time

Knicks, will be a lotto team. Don't be surprised if they trade off either Melo or Stat

bam!

nastynice
03-17-2015, 06:50 PM
im just talkin out my *** btw, don't no one go looking for that post...lol

sry, couldnt help it

Goose17
03-17-2015, 08:21 PM
im just talkin out my *** btw, don't no one go looking for that post...lol

sry, couldnt help it

Lmao. You totally had me there. I was like "Holy crap. This guy really knows the league" :laugh2: damn..

Thumper 88
03-18-2015, 09:44 AM
LOL. Espn said Dubs would be a 7th seed and Houston an 8th seed. Love it.

Nailed it.

Sort of..

Isn't Dallas in 5th though?

dalton749
03-19-2015, 01:17 AM

lol at this guy for arguing with me, i knew them knicks fans were insane at the time

raps have been trash lately and need a new coach, but just passed that 41 win mark and are miles better than the rest of the divison

and just lou will, who has a very good case for 6th man this year, which i also called

Jeffy25
03-19-2015, 03:22 AM
always fun to re-read these things lol.

Fun to whomever bumped this

Matter.
03-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Underrated: Hawks!!
:)

Goose17
03-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Isn't Dallas in 5th though?

And falling.

I did say "sort of" haha.

Thumper 88
03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
And falling

But haven't they won 3 in a row?

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 02:34 PM

Nailed it.

Sort of..

Memphis and NY were great calls. Dallas and Phoenix were wrong.

Goose17
03-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Memphis and NY were great calls. Dallas and Phoenix were wrong.

Lol. Hence the "sort of"

I still don't think Dallas will finish top 5. They'll finish 6th at best.

lol, please
03-19-2015, 03:58 PM

:laugh2:

KnicksorBust
03-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Lol. Hence the "sort of"

I still don't think Dallas will finish top 5. They'll finish 6th at best.

Be careful with predictions now. Bumping this thread again won't be nearly as hard in a month. :)

Thumper 88
03-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Lol

curtcocaine
03-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Perfect bump!!!!

Thumper 88
03-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Has every team from one division ever gotten into the playoffs? Dallas, Houston, Memphis, San Antonio and New Orleans are all in as of now.

Goose17
03-20-2015, 03:38 AM
Has every team from one division ever gotten into the playoffs? Dallas, Houston, Memphis, San Antonio and New Orleans are all in as of now.

New Orleans aren't in :/

Be careful with predictions now. Bumping this thread again won't be nearly as hard in a month. :)

True. I'll be even bolder.

My prediction;

Golden State,
Memphis,
Houston,
Portland,
Clippers,
Spurs,
Mavericks,
OKC/N.O

FriedTofuz
03-21-2015, 02:23 AM
So every year the knicks are projected to make the playoffs and then they end up being at the bottom of the EASTERN conference. Damn. Why hasnt the predictons ever changed? :confused:

Thumper 88
03-21-2015, 09:57 AM

My prediction;

Golden State,
Memphis,
Houston,
Portland,
Clippers,
Spurs,
Mavericks,
OKC/N.O

This looks about right

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-21-2015, 10:07 AM
My Bucks are staggering now. Injuries to Dudley and Mayo killed our high octane bench mob. Also I knew trading Knight we would go in a tail spin. Wouldn't be shocked they slip from #6 to out of playoffs. Heat, Hornets, Pacers, Celtics hot on our heels. Middleton and Giannis isn't enough to stay in games. I wouldn't mind a lottery pick.

benny01
03-21-2015, 10:14 AM
My Bucks are staggering now. Injuries to Dudley and Mayo killed our high octane bench mob. Also I knew trading Knight we would go in a tail spin. Wouldn't be shocked they slip from #6 to out of playoffs. Heat, Hornets, Pacers, Celtics hot on our heels. Middleton and Giannis isn't enough to stay in games. I wouldn't mind a lottery pick.
You guys are really in a no lose situation at this point. If you make the playoffs, your young team gets playoff experience. If you don't, you potentially add another high value player to a promising young team. You weren't contending either way.

Thumper 88
03-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Teams under .500 shouldn't be aloud in the playoffs. They should take teams from the other conference with better records over them

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 11:59 AM
I remember for about 2 weeks Pistons fan running around crapping all over Josh Smith saying he was the reason they had issues after they won a few games. Fast Forward they are stlll losing so whats the reason now? Thanks for Josh Smith .. he's been a big part why Houston has remained competetitive dealing with the injury bug.

Goose17
03-21-2015, 12:17 PM
I remember for about 2 weeks Pistons fan running around crapping all over Josh Smith saying he was the reason they had issues after they won a few games. Fast Forward they are stlll losing so whats the reason now? Thanks for Josh Smith .. he's been a big part why Houston has remained competetitive dealing with the injury bug.

They have other injuries. New players getting acclimated to the system.

Let's be clear, Josh Smith was terrible. In Atlanta and Detroit. He was awful and was a cancer to those teams.

In Houston he's been okay because he's had limited minutes and somehow they've convinced him to stop taking stupid shots, or to take less of them anyway. Stop making him out to be anything more than average.

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 12:43 PM

Let's be clear, Josh Smith was terrible. In Atlanta and Detroit. He was awful and was a cancer to those teams.

In Houston he's been okay because he's had limited minutes and somehow they've convinced him to stop taking stupid shots, or to take less of them anyway. Stop making him out to be anything more than average.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2389744-josh-smith-is-slowly-saving-his-season-and-more-with-houston-rockets

The world celebrated it, wrote about it and had a good old belly laugh. Smith was the villain and the butt of the jokes. He was the flaw. He was the one who was obstructing the offense. Or so the narrative went.

As the idiom goes, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Smith may have been thrown away by Detroit, but he’s been appreciated in Houston. And he’s arguably the biggest reason that the Rockets have quietly built one of the deepest benches in the league during the season.

It’s easy to snipe from afar and talk about how players making millions of dollars should be immune to such things as “feelings.” But Smith’s turnaround indicates how much difference a positive vibe can have. No matter how successful they are, you can’t separate the person from the player.

Educate yourself. Your anectdotal jabs 'convinced him-he's been okay-cancer' leaves no room for proper debate because you've already subjectively made up your mind about the player. It's okay you're an 'average poster' with a basic view on the subject so i guess it all evens out in the wash. Clear enough?

Goose17
03-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Did you just use Bleacher Report to support your argument? Lmfao. Why do I even bother.

Everyone knows Smith was terrible. Everyone knows he was a cancer. Even your boy MBT despised him until he signed with Houston (Hypocrite).

There is no evidence to say he's anything other than an okay role player who has been successful in a better system on a better team.

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 04:57 PM
Appeal to Popularity

Explanation
Appeals to popularity suggest that an idea must be true simply because it is widely held. This is a fallacy because popular opinion can be, and quite often is, mistaken. Hindsight makes this clear: there were times when the majority of the population believed that the Earth is the still centre of the universe, and that diseases are caused by evil spirits; neither of these ideas was true, despite its popularity.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/relevance/appeals/appeal-to-popularity/

math is math whether it comes from SI or BR laugh it off and continue to believe that all your ideas are the right ideas, its a great comedic relief at this point.

valade16
03-21-2015, 05:44 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2389744-josh-smith-is-slowly-saving-his-season-and-more-with-houston-rockets

Educate yourself. Your anectdotal jabs 'convinced him-he's been okay-cancer' leaves no room for proper debate because you've already subjectively made up your mind about the player. It's okay you're an 'average poster' with a basic view on the subject so i guess it all evens out in the wash. Clear enough?

Whether or not his bad play in Detroit was a result of a lack of confidence or emotional turmoil, you cannot dispute that he played bad in Detroit.

All you've done is give a reason why he played bad in Detroit. Yeah, he is better than his play in Detroit indicated (as he is proving now in Houston), but we cannot change the fact he sucked in Detroit.

Thumper 88
03-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Houston fans lol

Every time I think of the rockets a picture of hardens jacked up teeth pop in my head

Saddletramp
03-21-2015, 08:02 PM

He wasn't great in Atlanta but he wasn't a "cancer" either. In Detroit, he was playing out of position with guys who were bigger and did smiling things. He did put up a lot of deep twos and threes which hurt the team and were boneheaded decisions but being out of the paint (where he's most effective) and being brought in to be the "Top Dog", it was expected of him to lead the team. He just wasn't right for what they wanted and SVG said as much when he cut him. I'm not saying if he was the starting PF, he'd be an AllStar or that he'd even be wprth that contract but they brought in a niché guy and didn't let him play to his talents.

Pretty much. I think the reason why us Rockets fans (especially MBT, who's not being a "hypocrite") didn't originally want Smith two years ago was because it would have been for around the 4/$48 or whatever he got from Detroit. No one in their right mind wanted to do that except for the Pistons, who ended up paying him more than half of that to go away less than two years later. The rest of this season for $2 million? Sure. Next year for something like $3 or $4? Sure. $12 a year? Wouldn't think twice about parting ways.

You know, we've been all over this before so stop bringing up old whining. To my knowledge, no one has pointed out how they're free falling again after cutting Smith who was apparently "the reason" for them free falling earlier this year.

Saddletramp
03-21-2015, 08:10 PM
There is no evidence to say he's anything other than an okay role player who has been successful in a better system on a better team.

Yes. And that's kind of the point. He was on a bad system and a bad team and he was the temporary scapegoat. Now that he's on a better team playing to his strengths, he looks a whole lot better. A lot of guys in the league are okay role players who are more successful playing on a better system on a better team. It's crazy!

{Sorry for the double post but this phone I got won't let me copy/cut/paste the way my old one did. I kind of hate it.}

Goose17
03-21-2015, 08:14 PM
You know, we've been all over this before so stop bringing up old whining. To my knowledge, no one has pointed out how they're free falling again after cutting Smith who was apparently "the reason" for them free falling earlier this year.

I'm not bringing up anything, I'm replying to Verbal, he brought this up. He literally just pointed out how they're free falling again after cutting Smith who was the reason for them free falling earlier this year. How did you not catch that? Surely if you read my post (which you clearly did) you would have seen what I was responding to?

I remember for about 2 weeks Pistons fan running around crapping all over Josh Smith saying he was the reason they had issues after they won a few games. Fast Forward they are stlll losing so whats the reason now?

Goose17
03-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes. And that's kind of the point. He was on a bad system and a bad team and he was the temporary scapegoat.

Scapegoat implies it wasn't his fault. It clearly was. Look at how well they did after he left and before Jennings was injured. He was clearly bringing that team down even further than they were supposed to be. They were a bad team made worse by his presence. They were terrible. Now they're just bad.

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Whether or not his bad play in Detroit was a result of a lack of confidence or emotional turmoil, you cannot dispute that he played bad in Detroit.

All you've done is give a reason why he played bad in Detroit. Yeah, he is better than his play in Detroit indicated (as he is proving now in Houston), but we cannot change the fact he sucked in Detroit.

Detroit was a comedy of errors. There were many factors as to why that team was not going to work as assembled. The redundancy in the lineup, and asking 2nd tier players like Josh Smith to be 1st options. Not his fault that he was thrust in that role, he couldnt be the alpha dog, which he wasnt in Atlanta either. But to make blanket statements that he was a cancer when the guy has never been in any kind of trouble and has been a professional even when fans and front offices lost faith in him speaks volumes.

You are right he cant change the fact he 'sucked' in Detroit, as much as he cant change the fact that Detroit keeps on sucking. Im sure he can smile and say 'see, told ya it wasnt JUST me' and point to his current numbers and his current team and be happy where he is,as much as fans are happy to have him here.

Verbal Christ
03-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Houston fans lol

Every time I think of the rockets a picture of hardens jacked up teeth pop in my head

this is what I think of mavericks fans LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLYQ5tYlpI

Saddletramp
03-21-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm not bringing up anything, I'm replying to Verbal, he brought this up. He literally just pointed out how they're free falling again after cutting Smith who was the reason for them free falling earlier this year. How did you not catch that? Surely if you read my post (which you clearly did) you would have seen what I was responding to?

Well, I just lost what I typed in trying to cut it to your next point. In a nutshell, Verbal correctly stated that for all of the blame Smith got, the Pistons are still trash. When a team loses a player or coach that is assumed to be part of the problem or the main problem for their losing ways, the team usually plays better… For a while. And then they come back to where they were before which is usually pretty bad. You only stated the same ******** that was said before. It's like if the Rockets fan says something, you have to disagree with it. Just let it go.

Saddletramp
03-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Scapegoat implies it wasn't his fault. It clearly was. Look at how well they did after he left and before Jennings was injured. He was clearly bringing that team down even further than they were supposed to be. They were a bad team made worse by his presence. They were terrible. Now they're just bad.

Terrible is terrible, chucko. And it wasn't his fault that he was brought in to be the #1 guy and then they played him out of position. He's an inside PF that plays great at the rim and can rebound and block shots on the defensive side. A good ball handler that can pass to the open three pointer shooter fairly well. It's not his fault the Pistons had him playing around the arc and guarding wings. SVG inherited him and quickly realized he wasn't a good fit for what they wanted to do. Not Smith's fault. He was a scapegoat earlier in the season, so who's the scapegoat now? The Jennings injury? Detroit needs to let SVG do his thing for a few years and then I'm sure they'll be fine. Smith didn't fit and SVG had the balls to pay him not to play? Great. But don't say that Smith was the reason that they sucked.

TheNumber37
03-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Knicks will be at least 3x as good next year as this.

The Hawks will still be good considering they are adding a lottery pick from the Nets to their mix.

DOn't sleep on Orlando if they get Thibs as a coach.

Overrated, Bulls, Raptors

FriedTofuz
03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Knicks will be at least 3x as good next year as this.

The Hawks will still be good considering they are adding a lottery pick from the Nets to their mix.

DOn't sleep on Orlando if they get Thibs as a coach.

Overrated, Bulls, Raptors

Every year the knicks are expected to improve but theyve been falling down ever since they made the 2nd round like 3 years ago.

beasted86
03-22-2015, 01:28 PM

Smith was a negative with the Pistons (-5.9), and he's now barely positive (+0.6) when on the floor with the Rockets.

I think it's time you take off your homer blinders and realize who exactly it is you're talking about. Smith has not been good this year. He's been bad for half the year and now he's been just decent.

Because he's better than Dorsey (-10.8) and Papanikolaou (-8.1) doesn't make him good, but from your perspective perception is reality. If the Rockets are essentially +10.2 better than when Dorsey was playing, of course you are going to think he's a huge lift.

But at the same time from a factual analysis, Smith is not a good player anymore, and Pistons had real and tangible improvement with him gone.

Goose17
03-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Well, I just lost what I typed in trying to cut it to your next point. In a nutshell, Verbal correctly stated that for all of the blame Smith got, the Pistons are still trash. When a team loses a player or coach that is assumed to be part of the problem or the main problem for their losing ways, the team usually plays better… For a while. And then they come back to where they were before which is usually pretty bad. You only stated the same ******** that was said before. It's like if the Rockets fan says something, you have to disagree with it. Just let it go.

What? Now you're siding with him despite going against what he was saying initially? You're a joke. Keep bumming your little Houston buddies.

Smith sucks. He sucked then and he sucks now. He WAS the reason the Pistons were awful, then he left and they were mediocre with Jennings breaking through, then Jennings got injured and they regressed again.

Yes they're still a bad team. But they're much better off without him.

Any non Houston fan can see this. As proven by everyone who isn't a Houston fan saying as much.

beasted86
03-22-2015, 02:24 PM
I think another factor is Smith's unreasonable jump in 3pt %, which I contribute to a luck streak at this stage of his career.

If he wasn't hitting those shots his overall efficiency would continue to be terrible, and if Jones and Howard were healthy it would push him further out and he'd be even worse.

There's a lot of small factors to make Josh even average right now as a contributor, but he's just not a good player anymore and was definitely hurting the Pistons.

Ariza's Better
03-22-2015, 06:31 PM
What? Now you're siding with him despite going against what he was saying initially? You're a joke. Keep bumming your little Houston buddies.

Smith sucks. He sucked then and he sucks now. He WAS the reason the Pistons were awful, then he left and they were mediocre with Jennings breaking through, then Jennings got injured and they regressed again.

Any non Houston fan can see this. As proven by everyone who isn't a Houston fan saying as much.
Well he doesn't suck now. So your completely wrong on that front,

Saddletramp
03-22-2015, 08:29 PM

What is so hard to comprehend here? Smith at that price was ridiculous, and add to that playing out of postion was the reason he was so bad. He plays to his strengths now and is better and for that price, he's a steal. Learn how to read and until you can, stop calling people a joke. You're like a goddamn ****** reading masters level school books and then throwing a hissy fit at people when you don't comprehend what the **** you just read. Everything you need to know is right there in black and white so stop wasting our time with your trolling and idiotic misunderstandings.

You quickly went from a decent poster to a piece of **** troll. Stop posting.

Goose17
03-22-2015, 08:49 PM
You quickly went from a decent poster to a piece of **** troll. Stop posting.

1. I was initially replying to a troll job from your buddy who was clearly trolling Detroit fans.

2. The only Houston fan allowed to accuse anyone of trolling is MBT and I don't see him around much these days. The rest of you lot are always trolling people. I see it every day on here. Some more than others granted.

Well he doesn't suck now. So your completely wrong on that front,

Define "suck". A plus/minus of +0.6 doesn't exactly scream "above average". He's a bad player, that won't change. What's changed is the system. He's a bad player in a better system. They've somehow managed to convince him to stop taking stupid shots (or not as often). Something nobody else could do. I don't know how but they have. So yeah he's better than he was, but he's still bad. And any improvement in his game so far has been a byproduct of the system which Houston play in.

Much like Detroit after Smith left. Josh has gone from terrible to bad, maybe even average on a good day.

KnicksorBust
03-22-2015, 08:55 PM

My prediction;

Golden State,
Memphis,
Houston,
Portland,
Clippers,
Spurs,
Mavericks,
OKC/N.O

This looks about right

Lol its cuz he basically copy and pasted the standings. His bold play is Mavs at 7.

KnicksorBust
03-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Overrated: Wizards
underrated: Hornets

Personally, I think the Charlotte Hornets are a team that a lot of people are sleeping on. They're a helluva good defensive team, and hopefully with big al being healthy and the addition for Stephenson and continued development of Walker, that team can make some noise. I noticed a lot of folks putting them very low in mock standings and I didnt understand why.
In addition to Stephenson, they also got Noah Vonleh, who I thought would've been a top 5 pick, slipping all the way to 9th. I think Exum and Aaron Gordon Went way too high.

As for overrated, I Hope this topic wont create too much of a negative discussion, but I think the Washington Wizards are a tad overrated from mocks posted by others and ESPN. Washington is a young team and they have some solids vets and a well rounded starting 5. However, I think although they were underrated against the bulls in the playoffs and came off of their winning series, that they shouldnt be regarded as a top 4 team. I'm not saying they arent a good team, I just feel like a lot of other teams have and will improve during this offseason. Atlanta will get back Horford, charlotte got better, and NJ will even get back LOpez.

A lot of people fail to consider how other teams improved and only look at their team's additions/subtractions. The mentality that " Oh hey, our team won 45 games last year, and we got an all star team in the offseason. Therefore, we will win more than 45 games and be a higher seed"

That is the continued Logic that I've been seeing ,and I hope others will consider that although your team has improved, other teams have as well, so you really do have to consider that when making predictions. I think Washington has made salary cap decision moves and downgraded defensively and at this point, I would take Ariza's numbers over Paul Pierce, regardless of how clutch paul pierce has been over his career.

If you had only switched the teams.

Saddletramp
03-22-2015, 09:05 PM
1. I was initially replying to a troll job from your buddy who was clearly trolling Detroit fans.

He was just returning fire from Smith and the Rockets getting trolled a few months ago. That was the whole point of what he was saying.

2. The only Houston fan allowed to accuse anyone of trolling is MBT and I don't see him around much these days. The rest of you lot are always trolling people. I see it every day on here. Some more than others granted.

MBT is on a vacation. And I only correct idiot posts/posters. You say something stupid or troll someone, I might get testy. Youve been getting me testy. But I'll just let it go.

Define "suck". A plus/minus of +0.6 doesn't exactly scream "above average". He's a bad player, that won't change.

He's playing off the second unit and plays a lot when Harden isn't playing. Anyone would have a lesser +/-. And no one is saying he's a great AllStar type player. He's just wasn't the only reason Detroit sucked and he's not as bad WHEN HE'S NOT ASKED TO BE "THE MAN" AND PLAYING OUT OF POSITION..

What's changed is the system. He's a bad player in a better system. They've somehow managed to convince him to stop taking stupid shots (or not as often). Something nobody else could do. I don't know how but they have. So yeah he's better than he was, but he's still bad. And any improvement in his game so far has been a byproduct of the system which Houston play in.

Much like Detroit after Smith left. Josh has gone from terrible to bad, maybe even average on a good day.

Because he's NOT ASKED TO BE........ Oh, you know.

Saddletramp
03-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Double Post. My bad.

Cal827
03-23-2015, 12:12 AM
If you had only switched the teams.

:laugh: Well if only he added the Hornets to his overrated list. I saw some people put the Wizards as the 1 or two seed a lot in the off-season, behind Chicago or Cleveland.

That one kinda caught me off guard too. Thought they were also a team on the rise after last season.

Ariza's Better
03-23-2015, 04:44 AM
Define "suck". A plus/minus of +0.6 doesn't exactly scream "above average". He's a bad player, that won't change. What's changed is the system. He's a bad player in a better system. They've somehow managed to convince him to stop taking stupid shots (or not as often). Something nobody else could do. I don't know how but they have. So yeah he's better than he was, but he's still bad. And any improvement in his game so far has been a byproduct of the system which Houston play in.

Take your dumb +/- out of here. The fact that you say he sucks and is bad proves that you haven't watched him play in Houston so your opinion is irrelevant.

Goose17
03-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Take your dumb +/- out of here. The fact that you say he sucks and is bad proves that you haven't watched him play in Houston so your opinion is irrelevant.

I have watched him play. I still think he's average at best. And in general sucks. Especially defensively.

But hey who am I to have an opinion that differs from your own? What an arsehole I am.

Ariza's Better
03-23-2015, 04:25 PM
I have watched him play. I still think he's average at best. And in general sucks. Especially defensively.

But hey who am I to have an opinion that differs from your own? What an arsehole I am.
But you saying he sucks proves you haven't watched him play in Houston. Frankly I believe your lying about watching him play. So your opinion is irrelevant.

Goose17
03-23-2015, 04:41 PM
But you saying he sucks proves you haven't watched him play in Houston. Frankly I believe your lying about watching him play. So your opinion is irrelevant.

Believe what you want. I have. And he did suck. He had two good games rebounding the ball, outside of that he was average in a couple games and sucked in three of them.

But you keep believing whatever you want, Houston homers have been doing that for long enough now.

Ariza's Better
03-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Believe what you want. I have. And he did suck. He had two good games rebounding the ball, outside of that he was average in a couple games and sucked in three of them.

But you keep believing whatever you want, Houston homers have been doing that for long enough now.
No I don't believe, I know. I know Josh Smith doesn't suck. I know you haven't watched him play in Houston. I know your opinion irrelevant.

Goose17
03-24-2015, 03:26 AM
No I don't believe, I know. I know Josh Smith doesn't suck. I know you haven't watched him play in Houston. I know your opinion irrelevant.

You don't "know" that because I have watched him play. This is how bad the Houston homerism has gotten. You have deluded yourself into thinking everything you believe, you know. Like it's a cold hard fact. What you believe and what you know are different things.

Saddletramp
03-24-2015, 03:43 AM
Dbl post

Saddletramp
03-24-2015, 03:47 AM
You don't "know" that because I have watched him play. This is how bad the Houston homerism has gotten. You have deluded yourself into thinking everything you believe, you know. Like it's a cold hard fact. What you believe and what you know are different things.

You don't "know" that because I have watched him play. This is how bad the Houston hatred has gotten. You have deluded yourself into thinking everything you believe, you know. Like it's a cold hard fact. What you believe and what you know are different things.

Had a pretty good game against Indy going 4-6 on threes and playing some pretty good defense and had high energy even on a bum ankle.

Ariza's Better
03-24-2015, 04:19 AM
See there is a diffrence between you and me. You believe and I know. And that upsets you because your false narrative is crumbling. Just admit that you haven't watched Josh Smith play since joining Houston and I, A Basketball God, will forgive.

Goose17
03-24-2015, 04:33 AM
See there is a diffrence between you and me. You believe and I know. And that upsets you because your false narrative is crumbling. Just admit that you haven't watched Josh Smith play since joining Houston and I, A Basketball God, will forgive.

LOL. The only basketball gods in texas are in San Antonio. Sorry bud.

Keep deluding yourself though. Josh is average on his best day. Sub par on his standard day. And on a rare occasion has something that might pass for a "good" game.

Ariza's Better
03-24-2015, 05:53 AM
LOL. The only basketball gods in texas are in San Antonio. Sorry bud.

Keep deluding yourself though. Josh is average on his best day. Sub par on his standard day. And on a rare occasion has something that might pass for a "good" game.
So, average is better than good? As a god, I feel like I must educate you. I suggest you actually watch a Houston game.

Goose17
03-24-2015, 06:18 AM
So, average is better than good? As a god, I feel like I must educate you. I suggest you actually watch a Houston game.

I do watch Houston games. I force myself to watch them despite how terrible they are. I like to watch as much basketball as possible, especially the NBA and especially the western conference.

But despite the fact that I know what I watch you keep insisting that you know I haven't. Do you realise how insane that is?

Okay how about this. I know that YOU have never watched any Houston games your entire life. I know this.

Ariza's Better
03-24-2015, 07:41 AM
I do watch Houston games. I force myself to watch them despite how terrible they are. I like to watch as much basketball as possible, especially the NBA and especially the western conference.

But despite the fact that I know what I watch you keep insisting that you know I haven't. Do you realise how insane that is?

Okay how about this. I know that YOU have never watched any Houston games your entire life. I know this.
Makes me as a basketball God, sad that you constantly lie. Seriously, you should watch a Houston game for the first time in your life.

Goose17
03-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Makes me as a basketball God, sad that you constantly lie. Seriously, you should watch a Houston game for the first time in your life.

Maybe you should take your own advice and watch a Houston game for once in your life?

Ariza's Better
03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Maybe you should take your own advice and watch a Houston game for once in your life?
I'm full of sadness that you aren't able to find peace and admit you are wrong. But as a basketball God, I forgive you.

KnicksorBust
04-15-2015, 10:37 PM

My prediction;

Golden State,
Memphis,
Houston,
Portland,
Clippers,
Spurs,
Mavericks,
OKC/N.O

Nailed Mavs but swing and a miss on 2 thru 6.

Still very pleased with my overrated (raps) and underrated (pelicans) picks.

Saddletramp
04-16-2015, 04:10 AM
^When you posted those predictions, it was exactly the same standings at the time. You didn't go out on a limb, you didn't even get up on the tree.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2015, 05:52 AM
^When you posted those predictions, it was exactly the same standings at the time. You didn't go out on a limb, you didn't even get up on the tree.

Those werent my predictions... It was Goose. Check the quote. :)

Saddletramp
04-16-2015, 06:01 AM
Those werent my predictions... It was Goose. Check the quote. :)

Oops! I derped. My bad.

Goose really pulled out the "Anything Can Happen" card on that one.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Oops! I derped. My bad.

Goose really pulled out the "Anything Can Happen" card on that one.

:laugh: I told him I was pulling them up again in a month.

Saddletramp
04-16-2015, 02:31 PM
:laugh: I told him I was pulling them up again in a month.

Maybe that's why he disappeared.

KnicksorBust
04-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Maybe that's why he disappeared.

He's banned. I'm sure he'd come back. If I was a Warriors fan right now I'd be on every hour.