PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 MVP: Blake Griffin?

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Working his *** off like usual in the offseason. 27 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 4 apg this year. Another defensive leap, Clippers top seed in the league= MVP award. Lettuce discuss. Clippers were the 2nd best statistical team last year (SRS) in the league and had the 3rd best record despite Redick missing 50, Paul missing 20, Crawford missing 15, new coach, 7 new players. Griffin finished 3rd in MVP votes last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQ1r4-t-3M

His idol is Mr Fundamental.

goingfor28
08-12-2014, 12:42 PM
This ought to end well

Manimal
08-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Nope.

beasted86
08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Last year around this time I would have said you were trolling based on his horrible playoff showing in 12/13...

Now though this is fair discussion (even though I don't see those numbers nor him winning). He has improved all around, and become a decent system defender.

sixers247
08-12-2014, 12:50 PM
No I don't think so. Durant again, or LEbron if the Cavs win alot. He will be top ten but lettuce not discuss him getting 28, 11, and 4. BTW is his back injusy not a big deal? Genuine question.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
when he is the best player on his own team we can bring this up again...

WITZ
08-12-2014, 12:53 PM

This about to start a ****storm with OP :laugh2:

Chronz
08-12-2014, 12:53 PM
This is the year he should start putting everything together, it will take a huge leap to justify it over KD/Bron/Newguy. Karl Malone peaked at a really older age but he started to become the perennial superstar around 25 or so. Hopefully Blake is ahead of schedule.

Im just hoping AD doesn't make the KG like leap soon.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 12:54 PM
No I don't think so. Durant again, or LEbron if the Cavs win alot. He will be top ten but lettuce not discuss him getting 28, 11, and 4. BTW is his back injusy not a big deal? Genuine question.

Sounds like he lied to get out of Team USA TBH, which Durant shortly followed. Because just a few days after that report.. he said "My back is 100 percent, I'm doing all of my normal work and I want to keep it that way".

Minimal
08-12-2014, 12:54 PM
LeBron 32 PPG, 8 APG, 7 RPG, Elite defence, Cavs top seed in the East = No MVP for Blake. See what I did there? With LeBron and Durant in the game, there is really small chance for Blake to win mvp.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 12:56 PM
This is the year he should start putting everything together, it will take a huge leap to justify it over KD/Bron/Newguy. Karl Malone peaked at a really older age but he started to become the perennial superstar around 25 or so. Hopefully Blake is ahead of schedule.

Im just hoping AD doesn't make the KG like leap soon.

I don't know about "huge". I think Blake would get it under the Rose/Nash criteria of best player, on best team who had a huge impact on it's success. Obviously as long as Lebron is alive and in his prime, nobody will be the truly best player besides him. I agree though that AD making another big leap like last year would shake things up and HE very well could be the one winning it.

goingfor28
08-12-2014, 12:57 PM
He already is imo

mightybosstone
08-12-2014, 12:59 PM
I think Griffin has as good a chance to win MVP as anyone not named Lebron James or Kevin Durant. But I'd easily put my money on one of those two guys to win MVP over the rest of the field. I think Griffin could end up being like Wade or Paul. A top five player in the league for a better part of the decade who gets overshadowed by other players and never wins an MVP.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 12:59 PM
This about to start a ****storm with OP :laugh2:

No. In the past yes, but I've learned on this forum to just let a lot more go. Circular debates for days in a thread is a huge waste of time for me. In other words... picking and choosing battles. If I feel someone truly wants to discuss/disagree but has an open mind and is reasonable, then maybe I'll push the issue.

Riodagoat
08-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Yea I'm pretty sure Griffin is the only player who is working hard this offseason, so no doubt he wins MVP.

Manimal
08-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Last year around this time I would have said you were trolling based on his horrible playoff showing in 12/13...

Now though this is fair discussion (even though I don't see those numbers nor him winning). He has improved all around, and become a decent system defender.

Pretty much a spot on post. Like what Blake does on the court. But I doubt those number happen. No shame though. 24/10/4 is pretty good. Blake proved a lot of people wrong last year, including me.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Pretty much a spot on post. Like what Blake does on the court. But I doubt those number happen. No shame though. 24/10/4 is pretty good. Blake proved a lot of people wrong last year, including me.

Serious question, since you and Beasted are reasonable posters. Do you think Blake is already maxed out potential wise? Do you feel a leap of 2.5 ppg (assists and rebounds are staying about the same) is unrealistic in general?

mightybosstone
08-12-2014, 01:06 PM
No. In the past yes, but I've learned on this forum to just let a lot more go. Circular debates for days in a thread is a huge waste of time for me. In other words... picking and choosing battles. If I feel someone truly wants to discuss/disagree but has an open mind and is reasonable, then maybe I'll push the issue.

I have to ask, though. Do you honestly think Blake Griffin is going to win the MVP next season or are you just posting this thread to get some love for Griffin and the Clippers? I'm fine either way, but I just can't see any objective fan making that prediction because I just don't see Griffin leapfrogging Durant or Lebron next season in terms of talent or production.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 01:09 PM
I have to ask, though. Do you honestly think Blake Griffin is going to win the MVP next season or are you just posting this thread to get some love for Griffin and the Clippers? I'm fine either way, but I just can't see any objective fan making that prediction because I just don't see Griffin leapfrogging Durant or Lebron next season in terms of talent or production.

Well I even said Griffin won't be the best player as long as Lebron is alive and well (and in prime). I think he could win under the Nash/Rose criteria and be on the same tier as Durant production/talent wise... or close to. In other words.. in terms of "best player" he'd get no higher than 3 or 2 spot. So to answer, it's probably both my own bias/way to get pumped up for the season+a somewhat reasonable chance?

mightybosstone
08-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Well I even said Griffin won't be the best player as long as Lebron is alive and well (and in prime). I think he could win under the Nash/Rose criteria and be on the same tier as Durant production/talent wise... or close to. In other words.. in terms of "best player" he'd get no higher than 3 or 2 spot. So to answer, it's probably both my own bias/way to get pumped up for the season+a somewhat reasonable chance?

I think the biggest challenge to Griffin winning an MVP will actually be Chris Paul. The Clippers could have the best record in the league, but if Paul isn't missing a huge chunk of time, fans and analysts will always question whether Paul is the best player on the Clippers. It made sense for Griffin to make a run at MVP last year with Paul missing a huge chunk of time, but I honestly don't think that will be the same case next year if Paul is relatively healthy.

The only way Griffin wins an MVP is if he surpasses Paul talent and production-wise by a pretty significant margin AND the Clippers perform so well that he would be an obvious candidate.

FlashBolt
08-12-2014, 01:18 PM
He's not even the best player on his own team. Let's be honest, Blake is a great player but to be an MVP at this time, it most likely means you'll have to beat out KD and LBJ < Both who are playing lights out basketball and hitting statistical seasons that would win MVP in any year. Furthermore, I just hate how you do this. You say Paul/Reddick/Crawford missed games but then you say Blake isn't getting enough opportunities.. Clippers win more with Paul/Reddick/Crawford so if you want Blake to boost his stats, sure. But no way Blake takes Clippers to the playoffs without those three.

Manimal
08-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Serious question, since you and Beasted are reasonable posters. Do you think Blake is already maxed out potential wise? Do you feel a leap of 2.5 ppg (assists and rebounds are staying about the same) is unrealistic in general?

Potential wise, I don't think he's maxed out. I think he can make more of an impact on the game in terms of his presence and being more assertive in important moments. I would love to see that kind of improvement out of him. Becoming a killer in the clutch in the big games. Statistically I feel he is maxed out. I do see him improving in terms of getting those same stats but in more important parts of the game.

Chronz
08-12-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't know about "huge". I think Blake would get it under the Rose/Nash criteria of best player, on best team who had a huge impact on it's success. Obviously as long as Lebron is alive and in his prime, nobody will be the truly best player besides him. I agree though that AD making another big leap like last year would shake things up and HE very well could be the one winning it.

Oh you mean the 1lb trophy MVP. Well that would be pretty undeserving IMO.

Chronz
08-12-2014, 01:49 PM
I think the biggest challenge to Griffin winning an MVP will actually be Chris Paul. The Clippers could have the best record in the league, but if Paul isn't missing a huge chunk of time, fans and analysts will always question whether Paul is the best player on the Clippers. It made sense for Griffin to make a run at MVP last year with Paul missing a huge chunk of time, but I honestly don't think that will be the same case next year if Paul is relatively healthy.

The only way Griffin wins an MVP is if he surpasses Paul talent and production-wise by a pretty significant margin AND the Clippers perform so well that he would be an obvious candidate.

CP3 will miss games. Hes obviously been our best player when on the floor but that durability/MPG he can provide is dwindling with every season. At this point, hes better served not going full bore.

JEDean89
08-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Anthony Davis will be better. Blake will never be a 3 block 1.5 steals a game guy.

OKC
08-12-2014, 02:14 PM
If he can stay healthy, AD will be in the MVP conversation.
bu its probably going to be KD or Bron, with Blake and Curry rounding up the top, perhaps Rose if he comes back 100%.

JonnyBrav000
08-12-2014, 02:51 PM
LeBron 32 PPG, 8 APG, 7 RPG, Elite defence, Cavs top seed in the East = No MVP for Blake. See what I did there? With LeBron and Durant in the game, there is really small chance for Blake to win mvp.

Ok first of all Lebron won't average 32 PPG, the other numbers may be closer to reality but Lebron will be in the 24-28 PPG range, and Blake Griffin does have a shot at MVP, he may be averaging between 22-27 with 10+ rebounds and 3+ assist per game. Of course Lebron and Durant are favs but Griffin does have a high ceiling and his jumper and post play has improved and I think it will only continue to improve. Another poster mentioned first he needs to be the best player on his team before he can be MVP and I think this upcoming season will be the year where Blake is the #1 guy on his team, passing CP3. You have to watch him play before you can judge. He doesn't only score by dunking, and if you watched him late last season and in the playoffs you can clearly see his game has been much improved. At only 25 yrs of age, Blake is trending up, Lebron will be 30 and is already in his prime and won't be getting much better from here to the rest of his career, Durant can get even better but he also needs to add bulk, and I think that will be a challenge for him, I really see Griffin as being the guy with the 3rd or 4th best chance of winning the MVP next season (Derrick Rose has a good shot if healthy) and I think he will take that next step and challenge anyone as the best player in the NBA for the next 4 to 5 years.

Goose17
08-12-2014, 03:13 PM
He has as good a chance as anyone else not named Durant or Lebron.

Goose17
08-12-2014, 03:14 PM
All I know is Curry will be the next point guard to make MVP ;)

jerellh528
08-12-2014, 03:29 PM
MVP is slim reaper's.

FlashBolt
08-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Ok first of all Lebron won't average 32 PPG, the other numbers may be closer to reality but Lebron will be in the 24-28 PPG range, and Blake Griffin does have a shot at MVP, he may be averaging between 22-27 with 10+ rebounds and 3+ assist per game. Of course Lebron and Durant are favs but Griffin does have a high ceiling and his jumper and post play has improved and I think it will only continue to improve. Another poster mentioned first he needs to be the best player on his team before he can be MVP and I think this upcoming season will be the year where Blake is the #1 guy on his team, passing CP3. You have to watch him play before you can judge. He doesn't only score by dunking, and if you watched him late last season and in the playoffs you can clearly see his game has been much improved. At only 25 yrs of age, Blake is trending up, Lebron will be 30 and is already in his prime and won't be getting much better from here to the rest of his career, Durant can get even better but he also needs to add bulk, and I think that will be a challenge for him, I really see Griffin as being the guy with the 3rd or 4th best chance of winning the MVP next season (Derrick Rose has a good shot if healthy) and I think he will take that next step and challenge anyone as the best player in the NBA for the next 4 to 5 years.

Why does KD need to bulk up? He's been skinny his entire life and during his NBA career, has averaged 27.4/7/4.. Even if he's skinny, he's still better than BG. And we just assume BG is going to get better. Who's to say he will? Dropoffs do happen. I think he'll be better but LBJ and KD are always going to be the 1a/1b as long as they are in their prime.

TheSilentBang
08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
I could see it happening. He's the 3rd best player in the league imo.

Method28
08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Well he came in 3rd Last year and still has a lot of room to grow in my opinion. Lebron gets another year older and honestly I see LeBron being more concerned with conserving energy for the playoffs.

This is a plausible question. I still feel its Durants to lose and I could see a situation where someone like AD or Rose are getting attention.

TheNumber37
08-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Melo!!! Assuming knicks win division and his assists and shooting percentages improve to do the triangle.
Slimmer Melo should he all time high defensively... Did you Know Melo had a 7 foot wing span

SoFreshNsoClean
08-12-2014, 07:15 PM
FoH OP.

Griffin is a scrub...MVP lmao...

SoFreshNsoClean
08-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I could see it happening. He's the 3rd best player in the league imo.

Lebron, Durant, and Melo are far superior

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Potential wise, I don't think he's maxed out. I think he can make more of an impact on the game in terms of his presence and being more assertive in important moments. I would love to see that kind of improvement out of him. Becoming a killer in the clutch in the big games. Statistically I feel he is maxed out. I do see him improving in terms of getting those same stats but in more important parts of the game.

So a 24/10/4 type statline but with improved impact/clutch? That would still easily be a lock for first ballot HOF... but I personally just feel his peak will be 3-4 seasons of 25+ ppg honestly. If Love can average 26 two seasons, I don't see why Griffin can't, considering he's better at creating for himself with his ballhandling and down low. Griffin has been working his *** off on the midrange+3 this summer and that's really the offensive difference between him and Love.

ManRam
08-12-2014, 07:42 PM
I don't think it's entirely preposterous to suggest he has a shot. The gap between he and CP3 has narrowed hugely. It would take a lesser year from Paul and probably a top seed in the West to get it, but who knows. He's probably one of 6-7 guys I think could win it. Closer to 6-7 than 1 though, obviously.

albertajaysfan
08-12-2014, 07:55 PM
He has a shot, but to be honest he should be more concerned about helping his team win and getting out of the West.

I also think there is just as much of a chance his scoring stats level off or even diminish if the rest of that team is healthy. Which IMO is a good thing.

The more likely scenario IMO for him to win the MVP is his assist numbers trend upward and his defense improves while the Clippers win the West with SA in 2nd.

The other things that need to happen are that NO misses the playoffs again while OKC, Chicago and Cleveland all finish no higher than 3rd in their conferences.

FlashBolt
08-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm convinced Blake will probably be the 1st or 2nd best PF next season. I also get that he has a chance to be in the MVP discussion considering he was 3rd in voting last season. Off-topic, Playoffs has been an issue for Blake Griffin. He hasn't had that one playoff series or game in which he was extremely good. I can't knock him because he's still young and had to battle against elite front courts but that leap will definitely mean a big deal for him as a player. He needs to show he can dominate against Zach/Gasol and alike.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm convinced Blake will probably be the 1st or 2nd best PF next season. I also get that he has a chance to be in the MVP discussion considering he was 3rd in voting last season. Off-topic, Playoffs has been an issue for Blake Griffin. He hasn't had that one playoff series or game in which he was extremely good. I can't knock him because he's still young and had to battle against elite front courts but that leap will definitely mean a big deal for him as a player. He needs to show he can dominate against Zach/Gasol and alike.

I agree with you, he needs to step up even further in the playoffs, PERIOD. Just want to add that his first two runs he was injured (and it was against the Grizzlies who do a great job packing the paint on him). Last year he put up 23.5 ppg/8 rpg/4 apg (not much less than season averages) about in the playoffs and had a few really dominant games, including back to back 30+ point games against GS.

THE MTL
08-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Chris Paul is the best player on that team. Blake will always put up the numbers but its Paul's intangibles that truly make the Clippers into contenders

0nekhmer
08-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Even though he's improved a lot, there's no way he could win unless CP goes down with an injury and Blake is still able to carry them. It'll be hard not to give it to Lebron or KD though if they keep playing like they are

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Chris Paul is the best player on that team. Blake will always put up the numbers but its Paul's intangibles that truly make the Clippers into contenders

Blake Griffin is more important to the team and more consistent than Paul. The Clippers are a lot worse off without Griffin than without Paul. So while statistically you can say Paul is better, Griffin is more vital to the Clippers success. That was proven when the team went something like 14-4 without Paul during a very tough stretch in the season and Griffin started putting up Lebron James numbers.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Even though he's improved a lot, there's no way he could win unless CP goes down with an injury and Blake is still able to carry them. It'll be hard not to give it to Lebron or KD though if they keep playing like they are

Like last year? 28 ppg/9 rpg/4.3 apg while Chris Paul was down (19 games).

Cheesesteak
08-12-2014, 08:22 PM
I could see it happening. Used to hate on Griffin for being one dimensional, but man he got ALOT better this past season. I mean seriously, when I saw him play this year the improvements were so clear. He carried that team too when CP3 was injured. If he continues to work hard I think he can definitely win an MVP award. Maybe not next year, but definitely in the near future.

Easily the best Power Forward in the league!

FlashBolt
08-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Like last year? 28 ppg/9 rpg/4.3 apg while Chris Paul was down (19 games).

Those are LeBron's/Durant daily numbers. 19 games isn't a short scale but an entire season is just ridiculous.

TheSilentBang
08-13-2014, 02:37 AM
Lebron, Durant, and Melo are far superior

Melo? No. Him, Harden and Dwight are all about tired.

Blake imo is ironically competing with his teammate CP3 and perhaps George for #3.

Sadds The Gr8
08-13-2014, 03:58 AM
Highly doubt it.

Clippersfan86
08-13-2014, 04:43 AM
Those are LeBron's/Durant daily numbers. 19 games isn't a short scale but an entire season is just ridiculous.

I wasn't saying he'd put up those exact numbers. I'm saying he's PROVEN he can carry a bigger load if CP3 goes down. 25 percent of the season nearly isn't exactly a small sample as you said.

Manimal
08-13-2014, 05:07 AM
So a 24/10/4 type statline but with improved impact/clutch? That would still easily be a lock for first ballot HOF... but I personally just feel his peak will be 3-4 seasons of 25+ ppg honestly. If Love can average 26 two seasons, I don't see why Griffin can't, considering he's better at creating for himself with his ballhandling and down low. Griffin has been working his *** off on the midrange+3 this summer and that's really the offensive difference between him and Love.

Who knows about HoF, that's way way down the line. Point is that his game has translated from being an athlete to being a basketball player and a good one at that. He's gonna get better this season in terms of impact. Not getting an MVP though IMO.

Having said that his rebounding numbers still annoy me. He should be averaging > 11 RPG.

Still amazing year he had last year. He was a star before in terms of being popular with the fans. Now his basketball reflects that status.

mightybosstone
08-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Melo? No. Him, Harden and Dwight are all about tired.
What does "all about tired" even mean? I have no idea how to interpret that statement.

Blake imo is ironically competing with his teammate CP3 and perhaps George for #3.
C'mon man. Have you been living under a rock or something? George's knee injury has been the biggest news in the league for the last month other than the Love trade. He's probably going to be out 9-12 months. George would be incredibly lucky to play basketball at all next year, much less be in MVP contention.

Clippersfan86
08-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Who knows about HoF, that's way way down the line. Point is that his game has translated from being an athlete to being a basketball player and a good one at that. He's gonna get better this season in terms of impact. Not getting an MVP though IMO.

Having said that his rebounding numbers still annoy me. He should be averaging > 11 RPG.

Still amazing year he had last year. He was a star before in terms of being popular with the fans. Now his basketball reflects that status.

I agree. For the last 3 years Clippers fans have been a bit uneasy about the declined rebounding. With his athleticism and strength 11+ minimum rebounds should be expected. Thing is with DJ's emergence as a rebounder to lead the league last year with 13+... it's really hard for Blake to crack 10 again. DJ gobbles the sh** out of the boards and Blake is outside the paint almost half the time now.. compared to when he was a rookie when he was INSIDE the paint 80 percent of the time.

I think that's what makes Love's rebounding like no other player in NBA history. The fact that he plays so much on the perimeter, yet STILL manages to be an elite rebounder. Blake doesn't have the instincts or hands of Love and is more like the DJ style rebounder where he relies on athleticism and strength to secure a board. Meaning it's far more hit and miss. Some games Blake might grab 14, then the next 7.

Something like 11 rpg though would be great. He put up 12 as a rookie. He was far more tenacious then... but now he's admitted that he had to learn how to pace himself and slow down a bit. Save himself for the playoffs too and not go all out every possession.

Minimal
08-13-2014, 12:52 PM
You obviously didn't see what I did there. I posted these numbers just because OP went with delusional numbers for Blake like 27 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 4 APG. Blake max PPG was 24.1 in his career, LeBron actually averaged almost 32 PPG in his career once and he played for Cleveland. What makes you think LeBron won't average those numbers again? And I'm not talking about 32 PPG thats an overkill, but LeBron in Cleveland is gonna take more shots than he did in Miami, his PPG will rise back to 30 or around that, FG% will probably fall, but that won't be a factor. In other words, the only chance Blake has at MVP is if OKC or Cavs have an awful season and don't finish at the top of their conferences (1-2 seeds).

Clippersfan86
08-13-2014, 01:18 PM
You obviously didn't see what I did there. I posted these numbers just because OP went with delusional numbers for Blake like 27 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 4 APG. Blake max PPG was 24.1 in his career, LeBron actually averaged almost 32 PPG in his career once and he played for Cleveland. What makes you think LeBron won't average those numbers again? And I'm not talking about 32 PPG thats an overkill, but LeBron in Cleveland is gonna take more shots than he did in Miami, his PPG will rise back to 30 or around that, FG% will probably fall, but that won't be a factor. In other words, the only chance Blake has at MVP is if OKC or Cavs have an awful season and don't finish at the top of their conferences (1-2 seeds).

So an increase of 2.5 ppg, less than 1 rpg and .2 apg is "delusional" for a player who just turned 25 and isn't in his prime yet? Not to mention has had his work ethic compared to Kobe's. Or is this more you just see the surface stat line and realize how good Griffin really is?

albertajaysfan
08-13-2014, 01:48 PM

Thinking Lebron is going to score more on Cleveland then he did in Miami I think is lunacy. He average 32 PPG in Cleveland before because his team sucked. His current Cleveland team is on another level. I mean the guy is going to be starting with 3 other effective scorers most likely in Love, Waiters and Irving. Plus he will have sharpshooters in Jones and Miller with Allen an outside chance as well.

Another thing you need to remember is that Lebron has played over 400 games over the last 4 years. You better believe he is going to rely on some of those other guys on the team to help out with the scoring load.

In terms of Blake well getting those numbers may be a stretch especially the PPG. But as I mentioned I actually foresee his assist numbers being the stat that could get him an MVP. That and improved defense.

slashsnake
08-13-2014, 06:25 PM
I wasn't saying he'd put up those exact numbers. I'm saying he's PROVEN he can carry a bigger load if CP3 goes down. 25 percent of the season nearly isn't exactly a small sample as you said.

I think he was third in my book this past year, but it was a distant third. Like the first two were the only guys in real consideration. He could if he improves, but I think it would also take a slip by Durant and Lebron. I loved him being a bit more rounded offensively, but unless his boards come up again, to first couple year type numbers, I think statistically he won't get a good chance. Same with the blocks. Right or wrong, those will be looked at for an athletic big. His T rex arms aren't helping him out there. lol

TheSilentBang
08-13-2014, 11:10 PM
What does "all about tired" even mean? I have no idea how to interpret that statement.

*tied my bad.

Vinny642
08-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Davis will be the next MVP not named Lebron Durant

MrfadeawayJB
08-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Yea I'm pretty sure Griffin is the only player who is working hard this offseason, so no doubt he wins MVP.

:laugh2:

MrfadeawayJB
08-14-2014, 11:30 AM
I think he will be better, maybe more efficient, but that does not means ppg goes up

flea
08-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I want to see either a consistent jump shot or a good back to the basket game. Otherwise, it's the same flawed Blake playing in a fast-paced offense with an elite PG.

Clippersfan86
08-14-2014, 02:16 PM
I think he will be better, maybe more efficient, but that does not means ppg goes up

Do you think 2 ppg increase isn't possible for a 25 year old not in his prime?

Clippersfan86
08-14-2014, 02:20 PM
I didn't say only Griffin works hard.... but he works as hard as anyone. His work ethic has been compared to guys like Kobe by multiple teammates who played WITH Kobe. Combine that with his skillset/athleticism/age and it's surprising for people to think he's tapped out, even with raw stats.

MrfadeawayJB
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM

Do you think 2 ppg increase isn't possible for a 25 year old not in his prime?

It is but I just think the team is so good you have to consider balanced scoring attacks and garbage time

FriedTofuz
08-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Dont think he will make it even if he had 30 ppg. Kevin Durant and Lebron are better than him and both the thunder and the Cavs willl have better records. It's nice tht Blake will be an MVP candidate but he will not win for sure.

Jarvo
08-15-2014, 01:59 AM
He'll probably be in the conversation, But Lebron will win if the Cavs end up a Top 2 seed.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2014, 03:04 AM
It is but I just think the team is so good you have to consider balanced scoring attacks and garbage time

See, now this kind of reasoning I understand. I actually forgot we added Hawes for a second. Finally having a great backup big will probably prevent 27 ppg alone unless someone key like CP3/Crawford/DJ goes down. Nonetheless if the Clippers grab the 1 seed, Griffin stays at the same production or slightly better AND is the best player on the team clearly like more than half of last season, MVP isn't a longshot.

JJ_JKidd
08-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Working his *** off like usual in the offseason. 27 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 4 apg this year. Another defensive leap, Clippers top seed in the league= MVP award. Lettuce discuss. Clippers were the 2nd best statistical team last year (SRS) in the league and had the 3rd best record despite Redick missing 50, Paul missing 20, Crawford missing 15, new coach, 7 new players. Griffin finished 3rd in MVP votes last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQ1r4-t-3M

His idol is Mr Fundamental.

Hooray!

NBA_Starter
08-16-2014, 10:01 PM
He may win one but not this season.