PDA

View Full Version : Lebron:“I’m Not Going Anywhere Ever Again”

bucketss
08-09-2014, 12:22 PM
just to squash all these rumours about the 2 year deal, and how he might be on the move again

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/lebron-homecoming-i-m-not-going-anywhere-ever-again-080814

jaydubb
08-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Fans across the world: "I will not trust a single word lebron ever says again"

MonroeFAN
08-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Because Lebron has lied to you all?

Jesus these anti-lebron people are annoying.

ManRam
08-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I think the letter was as "all-in" as it can get. He's just further cementing it. He can't leave. He just can't. I said that before he said this, and now that he's said it it's undeniably a fact.

He's not leaving. Case closed.

Pakman
08-09-2014, 12:36 PM
This is why I stopped coming to the nba forum. So many LeBron/CLE threads.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Jesus these anti-lebron people are annoying.

Agreed... although he did say he wouldn't wear #23 again.

But I believe this, even the people that hate Lebron have to know that he's not an idiot. He's not going to go through that P.R hell of leaving his home town AGAIN.

abe_froman
08-09-2014, 12:49 PM
just to squash all these rumours about the 2 year deal, and how he might be on the move again

it really wont.you have so many that have lds(lebron derangement syndrome) and so many that are so caught up in the hope of free agent frenzy

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 01:18 PM
He's leaving his options open to being the most successful businessman he can be. I think it's safe to say James is preparing more and more for his post-NBA life than ever.

72 Wins
08-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Although I do NOT think Lebron will ever leave Cleveland, he's not the most credible as he always seems to go back and forth on things he says.

WadeKobe
08-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Although I do NOT think Lebron will ever leave Cleveland, he's not the most credible as he always seems to go back and forth on things he says.

Such as?

bleedprple&gold
08-09-2014, 01:41 PM
If this is true I can understand why he did the two year deal because of the new TV deals coming but why did he put an opt out it in his contract for next summer? Is he really planning to hit free agency again in a year?

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 01:48 PM
If this is true I can understand why he did the two year deal because of the new TV deals coming but why did he put an opt out it in his contract for next summer? Is he really planning to hit free agency again in a year?

There are strategic businessmen, accountants, and financial advisers who are paid in the high six figures to come up with the best way to get maximum profit. Things commoners wouldn't even dream about.. I'm sure they know about things we don't from a business perspective.

JEDean89
08-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Such as?

well, the #23 thing, when he went to Miami it wasn't about 1, 2 (actually it was), 3, 4, 5, 6 chips. he told miami he was there to build a dynasty then left after 4 years. clearly a flip flop. people are of course allowed to change their minds but he certainly isn't someone who's words are written in stone. he says he doesn't flop then says it a not a bad thing to do.... what nickname would you rather have, the king? or the kingslayer (kawhi leonard)?

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
LeBron: "I will be in the dunk contest next year."

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Yep his letter pretty much summed it up. And his statement only reconfirmed what we already knew. Sorry Heat fans you're stuck with Granger.

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Yep his letter pretty much summed it up. And his statement only reconfirmed what we already knew. Sorry Heat fans you're stuck with Granger.
Don't put away that lighter fluid just yet.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Don't put away that lighter fluid just yet.

Good one. I haven't heard you mention that one yet.

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 02:26 PM
LeBron: "I will be in the dunk contest next year."

Does that really mean that much to you? You can't compare "staying" vs "I'm going to be in the dunk contest." Those are two completely different levels of integrity. Him choosing a jersey number doesn't compare to him declaring where he's going to play.

TheNumber37
08-09-2014, 02:27 PM
There you have it. Lebron will never win another title or MVP award.

bucketss
08-09-2014, 02:34 PM
There you have it. Lebron will never win another title or MVP award.

he already won two in miami, which was suppose to be the most stacked team ever. so why cant he win another one in Cleveland? talking about mvps.

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Does that really mean that much to you? You can't compare "staying" vs "I'm going to be in the dunk contest." Those are two completely different levels of integrity. Him choosing a jersey number doesn't compare to him declaring where he's going to play.
Point is he's gone back on several things before, so no one should be shocked if/when he does it again.

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Good one. I haven't heard you mention that one yet.
Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Thanks for looking out!

Just Accept It
08-09-2014, 03:15 PM
The greatest story in the history of sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHp-9DBbaE#t=64

0nekhmer
08-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Point is he's gone back on several things before, so no one should be shocked if/when he does it again.

Lebron wanted pizza once, but then decided to get wings instead.

Add that to your list, you delusional hater.

smith&wesson
08-09-2014, 03:37 PM
If he wanted to spend the rest of his career there, wouldnt it have been wiser to keep the younger wiggins and bennett ??

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 03:40 PM
If he wanted to spend the rest of his career there, wouldnt it have been wiser to keep the younger wiggins and bennett ??

Yes but LeBron is in his prime and by the time Wiggins comes to his own in 3-4 years LeBron will be on the decline. I'd actually be okay with either situation.

Dade County
08-09-2014, 03:43 PM

I think the poster was pointing out a fact, that Lbj has lied before and their is nothing stopping him from lying again.

I'm just commenting on the post.... So don't bring hate my way.

I think most of these guys are con-artist anyway.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Yes but LeBron is in his prime and by the time Wiggins comes to his own in 3-4 years LeBron will be on the decline. I'd actually be okay with either situation.

Fortunately Love and Irving are still young.

When LeBron is 33, Love will be 29 and most likely at his peak. Kyrie will be 26.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Fortunately Love and Irving are still young.

When LeBron is 33, Love will be 29 and most likely at his peak. Kyrie will be 26.

Yep and they have Waiters, TT, Joe Harris, and are should have draft picks moving forward, something Maimi lacked with their super team.

Chavacano
08-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Cool story, Bron.

bucketss
08-09-2014, 04:07 PM

not really, love is 25 hes pretty young himself, and hes entering his prime. by the time wiggins develops lebron is gonna be in a decline. we also don't know what wiggins will be but we all know love is a bonafide star

Jonathan2323
08-09-2014, 04:09 PM
LeBron "I can't imagine leaving the HEAT" said this 5 months ago.

I can almost guarantee that he will play for another franchise. He's not loyal to anyone.

WITZ
08-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Lebron wanted pizza once, but then decided to get wings instead.

Add that to your list, you delusional hater.

:laugh2:

TrueFan420
08-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Why would he leave when Irving is not yet in the prime and love is just entering it.

7chuck7
08-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I hope Lebron keeps his word so I don't ever have to worry about that self-absorbed idiot ever coming to the Knicks. What a jerk.

bucketss
08-09-2014, 04:48 PM
I hope Lebron keeps his word so I don't ever have to worry about that self-absorbed idiot ever coming to the Knicks. What a jerk.

lets be honest, theres no chance that will ever happen.

jerellh528
08-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Well in the letter he sounded like he knew he wouldn't win a ring anytime soon and that he was excited to grow with a young team. Now that love is on board he comes out and says how his main goal now is to bring Cleveland a ring.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-09-2014, 11:55 PM
I think the letter was as "all-in" as it can get. He's just further cementing it. He can't leave. He just can't. I said that before he said this, and now that he's said it it's undeniably a fact.

He's not leaving. Case closed.
This. He only setup his contract the way it is so he can get an even bigger max when the new TV deal kicks in.

Sadds The Gr8
08-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Not if he doesn't think they're good enough to win with. Not like love is old either. He hasn't hit his prime yet

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-10-2014, 02:07 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/lebron-homecoming-i-m-not-going-anywhere-ever-again-080814

Your words mean nothing Lebron

FraziersKnicks
08-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Your words mean nothing Lebron

But yours carry so much weight...

IversonIsKrazy
08-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Well LeBron aint the most credible person but I seriously doubt he leaves w/ a 22-year old Kyrie and 25 year-old Love.

3ballbomber
08-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Let's face it, right now, everything is good for Lebron. but it usually that way when things are hunky dory. As soon as things get a little hairy he bolts. This has become his history.

All this home coming & doing stuff for Cleveland is all hog wash. He doesn't care about that town or it's people - this was hghly evident from the way he treated them in 2010. He ran to where he felt was a better opportunity for him then and he is doing the same exact thing now. The story line he delivers to justify it is pure baloney. How many times do people want to be taken for a ride only to be disappointed after he contradicts himself! It's all Baloney & media press story line fodder. Lebron is about himself and his handlers & manipulators LRMR.

He wants to win a championship, yes, but not for Cleveland......but himself.

NBA_Starter
08-10-2014, 10:31 PM
I believe him.

Jeffy25
08-10-2014, 10:44 PM

Who has he lied to?

jaydubb
08-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Who has he lied to?

Your delusional if you think lebron is good on his word.. Just off the top of my head:

1. He said nobody should wear #23
-He said it should be retired
-He is now wearing #23 again..
2. He said he is entering the dunk contest, maybe I've missed something, I just don't think I've seen him in the dunk contest yet..
3. When asked about flopping, he said he never flops. (Ok everyone knows that was a flat out lie) In a later interview he would say that he sees value in flopping.. Haha
4. said about 5 months ago in an interview that he can't imagine leaving Miami.. After he signed with Cleveland, he said he's always thought about coming back.. Either way, one is a lie and the other is true.. :shrug:

I don't follow lebron closely nor have I ever done so, I bet if I followed him more I'd have more for ya but there's 4 solids.. These are all very contradicting to say the least.. When he said the "not 1, not 2, not 3....." I don't really count that as a lie because I tend to think he was just trying to get the crowd going but at the same time, if you say something like that you should at least try to back it up. He left at the earliest possible time, not exactly giving his comments much room to develop..

I personally think he will stay in Cleveland for good this time, but at the same time I really wouldn't be surprised if he leaves..

If you trust him tho, that's fine I really don't care..

jmartin80
08-10-2014, 11:46 PM
I love how posters say they hate the flat out Lebron haters, but others can post about how he hasn't lied. haha Really is funny. There are plenty of haters, but there are also plenty of worshipers to see how he as done no wrong.

But of course he isn't going anywhere. The NBA has already seen to that. And will continue too. He is "back home" with all the draft picks in the world to get the young talent around him blah blah blah....

But at least he doesn't lie. To Cleveland, Miami or the fans of the NBA. (laced in sarcasm)

bucketss
08-10-2014, 11:57 PM
I love how posters say they hate the flat out Lebron haters, but others can post about how he hasn't lied. haha Really is funny. There are plenty of haters, but there are also plenty of worshipers to see how he as done no wrong.

But of course he isn't going anywhere. The NBA has already seen to that. And will continue too. He is "back home" with all the draft picks in the world to get the young talent around him blah blah blah....

But at least he doesn't lie. To Cleveland, Miami or the fans of the NBA. (laced in sarcasm)

but the hate is over petty stuff, he contradicted himself wow is that really a big deal. we have players bringing guns into locker rooms, accused of rape, infidelity,throwing team mates under the bus. and they don't get nearly the same hate.

Sactown
08-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Your delusional if you think lebron is good on his word.. Just off the top of my head:

1. He said nobody should wear #23
-He said it should be retired
-He is now wearing #23 again..
2. He said he is entering the dunk contest, maybe I've missed something, I just don't think I've seen him in the dunk contest yet..
3. When asked about flopping, he said he never flops. (Ok everyone knows that was a flat out lie) In a later interview he would say that he sees value in flopping.. Haha
4. said about 5 months ago in an interview that he can't imagine leaving Miami.. After he signed with Cleveland, he said he's always thought about coming back.. Either way, one is a lie and the other is true.. :shrug:

I don't follow lebron closely nor have I ever done so, I bet if I followed him more I'd have more for ya but there's 4 solids.. These are all very contradicting to say the least.. When he said the "not 1, not 2, not 3....." I don't really count that as a lie because I tend to think he was just trying to get the crowd going but at the same time, if you say something like that you should at least try to back it up. He left at the earliest possible time, not exactly giving his comments much room to develop..

I personally think he will stay in Cleveland for good this time, but at the same time I really wouldn't be surprised if he leaves..

If you trust him tho, that's fine I really don't care..

I think when LeBron says these things he means them as truths.. he just changes his perspective at a later point... I wouldn't necessarily call them lies.

Sly Guy
08-11-2014, 09:29 AM

pretty much. It's easy to say this now, but if he weren't going anywhere else, then why only sign on for 2 years guaranteed? Yeah, I thought so.

3ballbomber
08-11-2014, 09:47 AM
but the hate is over petty stuff, he contradicted himself wow is that really a big deal. we have players bringing guns into locker rooms, accused of rape, infidelity,throwing team mates under the bus. and they don't get nearly the same hate.
Aaaahhhhh yes, the same ol' lame retorts. Lebron doesn't cheat, he gives charity for kids, never raped anybody, never killed anybody, his a good guy......why all the hate? hhhmm let's see.......

narcissism, egotism/egocentrism, admiration of self, arrogance, superiority complex, preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige, vanity, controlling, manipulative, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. People are puzzled, boggles their minds, confused why Lebron catches so much flack by so many people......it's not a riddle, it's right there in front of your faces on the regular. If you can't understand then you never will and you will continue to be confused and give the same old lame rebuttles.

FraziersKnicks
08-11-2014, 11:51 AM
narcissism, egotism/egocentrism, admiration of self, arrogance, superiority complex, preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige, vanity, controlling, manipulative, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. People are puzzled, boggles their minds, confused why Lebron catches so much flack by so many people......it's not a riddle, it's right there in front of your faces on the regular. If you can't understand then you never will and you will continue to be confused and give the same old lame rebuttles.

All these things are your opinion yet you're stating them as if they're proven?

Are you telling me Michael Jordan wasn't any of these things? Or Shaq? Or Wilt? Or Magic?

The games all-time greats all have these characteristics because they were the BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT THEY DO. Anyone who is the best in the world at something is gonna demonstrate these characteristics and there's nothing wrong with that. It is literally the worst reason to hate a player, when there are genuine *******s in the league.

If you can't understand then you've obviously never been one of the best at something.

Keep hating, it's not affecting his legacy.

InRoseWeTrust
08-11-2014, 12:30 PM
pretty much. It's easy to say this now, but if he weren't going anywhere else, then why only sign on for 2 years guaranteed? Yeah, I thought so.

Because after next season, there's going to be a fat new TV deal with a significantly heightened salary cap. He's going to be able to re-max at a percentage of a much bigger pie. Why is this hard for people to understand? It's a straight business decision that I don't fault him for making.

ghettosean
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM

Are you telling me Michael Jordan wasn't any of these things? Or Shaq? Or Wilt? Or Magic?

The games all-time greats all have these characteristics because they were the BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT THEY DO. Anyone who is the best in the world at something is gonna demonstrate these characteristics and there's nothing wrong with that. It is literally the worst reason to hate a player, when there are genuine *******s in the league.

If you can't understand then you've obviously never been one of the best at something.

Well you can say it's opinion I guess but when he lost to Dallas in the finals (during and afterwards) he certainly seemed like he was showing a lot of the characteristic's the above poster described. Why must we pretend Lebron is like a Buddhist monk or something... LOL. He's pretty horrible in all PR situations he's shown this through out his career.

Also Jordan and the other greats you mentioned didn't do anything as pathetic as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKj3Zwcy7ME

Nevermind his Rushmore comment... etc

The other poster was pretty much spot on.

5ass
08-11-2014, 01:12 PM

100%.

bucketss
08-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Aaaahhhhh yes, the same ol' lame retorts. Lebron doesn't cheat, he gives charity for kids, never raped anybody, never killed anybody, his a good guy......why all the hate? hhhmm let's see.......

you're just looking for excuses to hate him, look at you try so hard its comical. and this post would be more credible if you weren't such a huge jordan fan.

bucketss
08-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Well you can say it's opinion I guess but when he lost to Dallas in the finals (during and afterwards) he certainly seemed like he was showing a lot of the characteristic's the above poster described. Why must we pretend Lebron is like a Buddhist monk or something... LOL. He's pretty horrible in all PR situations he's shown this through out his career.

Also Jordan and the other greats you mentioned didn't do anything as pathetic as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKj3Zwcy7ME

Nevermind his Rushmore comment... etc

The other poster was pretty much spot on.

its pretty amusing that you guys never say anything about kobe, remember the same dude who told his team mate " you can't talk to me untill you have more accolades under your belt", its clear to see theres something more than lebrons behaviour,

and i know you're a jordan fan, dude was arrogant as hell, go and watch his hall of fame speech. imagine lebron did that? wow.

ghettosean
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
its pretty amusing that you guys never say anything about kobe, remember the same dude who told his team mate " you can't talk to me untill you have more accolades under your belt", its clear to see theres something more than lebrons behaviour,

and i know you're a jordan fan, dude was arrogant as hell, go and watch his hall of fame speech. imagine lebron did that? wow.

I love how you say "I know your a Jordan fan" as if people should be ashamed... LOL. Yes dude yes I'm a Jordan fan like most of PSD and most basketball fans. He was probably the greatest competitor in sports history and definitely the GOAT in NBA history.

So yes I'm a fan like most... LOL

Just to add I never watched the hall of fame induction speech from him before so I don't know what to expect but I'm wondering since you have if it makes you a bigger Jordan fan or hater :)

sixers247
08-11-2014, 04:34 PM
well, the #23 thing, when he went to Miami it wasn't about 1, 2 (actually it was), 3, 4, 5, 6 chips. he told miami he was there to build a dynasty then left after 4 years. clearly a flip flop. people are of course allowed to change their minds but he certainly isn't someone who's words are written in stone. he says he doesn't flop then says it a not a bad thing to do.... what nickname would you rather have, the king? or the kingslayer (kawhi leonard)?

Can it really be considered a nickname if you have to give the persons name after so people know who you are talking about lol.

Kevj77
08-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Because after next season, there's going to be a fat new TV deal with a significantly heightened salary cap. He's going to be able to re-max at a percentage of a much bigger pie. Why is this hard for people to understand? It's a straight business decision that I don't fault him for making.This is the real reason he signed a two year contract. Leaving Cleveland again in two years for a better situation would destroy his legacy. I think Lebron is very aware of his legacy. Going back to Cleveland helped it winning a title there would cement it.

bucketss
08-11-2014, 06:09 PM
I love how you say "I know your a Jordan fan" as if people should be ashamed... LOL. Yes dude yes I'm a Jordan fan like most of PSD and most basketball fans. He was probably the greatest competitor in sports history and definitely the GOAT in NBA history.

Just to add I never watched the hall of fame induction speech from him before so I don't know what to expect but I'm wondering since you have if it makes you a bigger Jordan fan or hater :)

go and watch, see him throw everyone under the bus in one of the most egotistical displays in nba history. but we know the all mighty jordan can do no wrong.

just hilarious you hate lebron for the same reasons.

Goose17
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Jordan is one of the most arrogant players that ever lived, anyone who knows the NBA knows this, especially his fans (most NBA fans).

ghettosean
08-11-2014, 07:52 PM

go and watch, see him throw everyone under the bus in one of the most egotistical displays in nba history. but we know the all mighty jordan can do no wrong.

You're cute when you're mad

ghettosean
08-12-2014, 01:41 PM

Why must you always bring love and hate into these situations... I never mentioned hate once in this thread I just agreed with a poster who said Lebron is egotistical, vain.... etc... (when he won his ship it's all "I,I,I,I,I", mount rushmore this and that). I just don't know why Lebron cannot be labeled anything like this I mean it is what it is and he is who he is... He's not the Buddhist monk you are making him out to be... He's been pretty much his own PR nightmare for most of his career to me it's true or untrue not hate and love dude.

Just to add you and another poster mentioned Jordan was arrogant and yes he was he also had a very dominant personality on the bulls an alpha male type mentality and cussed some of his guys out at times and gave the lots of ****... It's rumored he even punched Kerr at one point but he also threw a final pass to Kerr to win a ship and he's also the GOAT in basketball and some consider in professional sports history. Like it or not that's the way it is buddy... It's not a you love this guy and your a Jordan lover and your a LeBron lover it just is what it is.

P.S

Just to add I watched the induction speech and I think you over exaggerated a bit.... Before he says anything else he immediately says Scottie has been there for all the championships it just wasn't me. He also thanks his family coaches and all that and just cuts up some high school coaches for not picking him (as a joke) and also cuts up Bill Russell for trash talk. It was slightly out of line but you made it sound like the worst thing ever (and he was talking about competitors) that was a pretty harmless speech man.