PDA

View Full Version : Should Minny fans be upset or happy?

JasonJohnHorn
08-09-2014, 11:27 AM
There are times when teams simply fail to put a winner around a player and the time comes for a change. Often times, these moves are frustrating for fans. Toronto fans, for instance, saw Vince Carter intentionally tanked his performance on the court to force a trade (or at least that is what many believe, and for good reason). This left the Raptors with no leverage to bring back any actual talent, and it was just after watching McGrady bolt in free agency. LBJ: Left in free agency so his team got nothing back.

But Love seems to have gone a different route. He let the team know that he did not plan on staying, and so gave them plenty of time to make a trade that helped the team and landed them a potential franchise player (who may even turn out to be better than Love), while also accommodating his desire to be in a winning team. It seems like the two sides were equally frustrated and came to a resolution that makes both happy.

And in all fairness, the T-Wolves did a $#!T job in the draft. They passed on Kanter and Tristan for Derrick Williams (though there wasn't a lot to pick from in that draft), they grabbed Wesley Johnson over DMC and Greg Monroe, and Luke Babbit over Eric Bledsoe in the same draft. Then they picked Rudio and Johny FLynn (two point guards) over Stephen Curry and DeMarDeRozen, though I understand the Rubio pick as every GM was high on him, but FLynn over Curry? Dude's not even in the league any more. This is a team that could have had Curry, DeRozen, Love and DMC or Monroe, and instead had Love, Johnny Flynn, Rudio, Derrick Williams and Wesley Johnson. As a player, you have to be frustrated to see that much potential slip through your fingers.

So should Minny fans be upset like TO fans were, or Cleveland fans were? Or should they be grateful that Love handled this in a manner that allowed the team to move forward instead of back?

VikesTwinsWolve
08-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah, Were the first team to screw up in the draft? ha Oden over Durant? There are plenty of mistakes to be pissed about for all franchises. A good question with a bunch of trolling in the middle. Melo says hi.

KnicksorBust
08-09-2014, 11:50 AM
If I'm a Minnesota Timberwolves fan then I am excited right now. I'm hoping that we at least try and keep Anthony Bennett rather than ship him off for Thad but I am excited to watch some athletic uptempo basketball with Rubio-LaVine-Wiggins. I fully admit that I don't watch a ton of college though so I'm not sure they have a lot of perimeter shooting but I would be excited to have a bunch of young cheap players and Wiggins has the potential to be something special. Like top 10 player in the league special... so as a rebuilding team that's all you could want. It will be interesting to see what they do with Pek since Dieng looked so good last year...

bucketss
08-09-2014, 11:53 AM
i remember bulls were offering noah for bosh

sigh......

Goose17
08-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Who are we to tell them how they should be feeling?

They feel what they feel. End of.

InRoseWeTrust
08-09-2014, 11:58 AM
If I was a Minnesota fan, I'd be happy. Love obviously forced his way out and they still made out with an A+ prospect, last year's first who could still be good (or flipped for Thad, depending on if that's legit or not), and another first.

If I was flip I wouldn't try to compete this year, though. I'd definitely flip Pek for a pick/younger player with two way potential, and build around LaVine/Wiggins/Dieng.

todu82
08-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I'd be ecstatic if I was Minnesota right now. In Wiggins they got someone who's going to be a good 1 for a long time. Kevin Love would have left for nothing next year so they got a great deal for him.

Crackadalic
08-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Yeah they should be happy. They finally got a number one pick though indirectly.

Wiggins will be a star in this league

Raptor
08-09-2014, 12:26 PM
This http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshhrufKP3yIq1FYw80G

sixer04fan
08-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Love was gonna walk and they got a special prospect for him. Gotta be happy considering what the situation dictated. Hopefully they learn from the Love experience and work to put a better team on the floor in the future

nycericanguy
08-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Happy... before LBJ went to CLE the packages being offered were underwhelming.

LBJ going back to CLE set off a series of events and they end up getting the last 2 #1 picks... and a guy in Wiggins that might end up being better than Love.

Considering their horrible record with Love, his injury history, attitude and teammate issues, and the fact that he was leaving anyway, they probably get the best package any team has gotten for a superstar, at least potential wise...

jaydubb
08-09-2014, 12:40 PM
I like the trade for Minnesota tbh.. Andrew wiggins has all the talent in the world. I can seriously see him being a superstar one day. Also, Anthony Bennett has been tearing it up in the summer league. I know it's just the summer league and all, but if he gets it going he can be a mismatch nightmare. Throwing in a 1st(most likely late 1st but still) is just a cherry on the top.

Kevin love was going to leave one way or another, the fact that Minnesota got 2 #1 overall picks in wiggins and Bennett plus a future first is great IMO.

If I was a Minnesota fan, I would be waaaay happy.

ManRam
08-09-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm sure there are mixed feelings. But I'd be pretty damn excited. Finally get to move on and that young core is really intriguing. Gonna be a fun team...and hopefully eventually a good one too.

bucc4life
08-09-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm a Wolves fan

I look at it as we got the best offer we could for a sell out in Kevin Love. Id prefer the GSW deal (Klay, Lee and Barnes) but that ship has sailed.

I'm a defense kind of guy so I like what Wiggins can potentially bring to the Wolves.. But damn do I hate the P word.

abe_froman
08-09-2014, 12:52 PM
they have mixed feelings.see another failure and another star go has to be demoralizing,but you cant help but get excited over nabbing someone like wiggins out of it

Goose17
08-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm a Wolves fan

I look at it as we got the best offer we could for a sell out in Kevin Love. Id prefer the GSW deal (Klay, Lee and Barnes) but that ship has sailed.

I'm a defense kind of guy so I like what Wiggins can potentially bring to the Wolves.. But damn do I hate the P word.

As far as I'm aware the Warriors never offered that.

The offer was Lee, Barnes, 2015 first round pick.

Minnesota asked for Lee, Barnes, Klay.

Warriors asked for the Wolves pick (2014) for the inclusion of Klay.

Warriors retracted the offer and refused to trade Klay.

Or something like that.

bucc4life
08-09-2014, 01:06 PM
As far as I'm aware the Warriors never offered that.

The offer was Lee, Barnes, 2015 first round pick.

Minnesota asked for Lee, Barnes, Klay.

Warriors asked for the Wolves pick (2014) for the inclusion of Klay.

Warriors retracted the offer and refused to trade Klay.

Or something like that.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Flip didn't bite on that deal so I could see why the Warriors moved on.

So many rumors out there.. Who knows what really goes down when you have everybody and their "sources" spewing ******** on the daily

mngopher35
08-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Honestly I am pretty excited. No hard feelings toward Love at all and I'm glad he told us early. We screwed up a ton of moves since getting him and I have thought for a while he would be gone. To get Wiggins for him is awesome imo. We got Dieng last year and Lavine seems to have promise too so there is a good amount of young talent to look forward to (also GR3, Shabazz).

As a team that never gets any lottery luck it is great to have the most hyped prospect in a few years and maybe the 1st pick from last year too added onto what seems like two solid drafts by flip.

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I'd be ecstatic. It's not like Kevin Love ever got them anywhere, anyway.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Flip didn't bite on that deal so I could see why the Warriors moved on.

So many rumors out there.. Who knows what really goes down when you have everybody and their "sources" spewing bullshįt on the daily

That last part is very true.

smith&wesson
08-09-2014, 03:21 PM
They should keep bennett with wiggins, those two could both be stars. I wouldnt be mad if I was a twolves fan.

smith&wesson
08-09-2014, 03:23 PM
the rubio and flynn draft really set them back though, if anything id be mad at the gm.

GiantsSwaGG
08-09-2014, 04:57 PM
What's your thoughts Hawkeye?

hugepatsfan
08-09-2014, 05:01 PM
They should be happy they got Wiggins but upset that Flip Saunders is stupidly trying to avoid a long rebuilding process with nonsensical acquisitions like Thaddeus Young.

east fb knicks
08-09-2014, 06:22 PM
why should they be mad love was leaving anyway and they got a number 1 pick for him if anything the cavs should be mad

amos1er
08-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I think they should be happy. It's not like they were going to be contenders anytime soon anyways. The only way for them to become contenders is via the draft and trades. They don't really have much free agent leverage. This was actually the best opportunity for them to get max talent back in exchange for Love.

bucketss
08-09-2014, 06:27 PM
the rubio and flynn draft really set them back though, if anything id be mad at the gm.

kind of understood what they were doing, but its hilarious that both of them ended being scrubs lol

they also drafted lawson, and ended up trading him away.

ouch.

jaydubb
08-09-2014, 07:04 PM
What's your thoughts Hawkeye?

I also wanted to know his opinion actually.

kingkenny01
08-09-2014, 07:07 PM
If am a t-wolves fan, id be happy with the trade but unhappy with the situation. Trading a superstar is never fair they got back a guy who has a good shot at being a superstar for a superstar that's much better than a lot of teams got for their superstar player. The problem is the fact that players control the franchise so easily. The nba should have a franchise tag or at least make it so entering free agency only allows a smaller contract as opposed to resigning before they enter free agency is a much bigger contract. This way player have less incentive to enter free agency. Players signing with their drafted team should receive a bonus that is not part of the salary cap for some extra reason to stay.

smith&wesson
08-09-2014, 07:08 PM
kind of understood what they were doing, but its hilarious that both of them ended being scrubs lol

they also drafted lawson, and ended up trading him away.

ouch.

The one good pg they drafted, they end up giving away lol go figure. .

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I think wolves should be happy they made out well

I think its dumb to trade Bennett for Thad young but they still get Wiggins and have lavine so that is some exciting young players to build with

Mell413
08-09-2014, 07:20 PM
They likely lost the best player in the deal so that's not good, but I think they did well considering Love wasn't going to re sign.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
08-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Double post

Bruno
08-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I'd be pleased. even if none of the young guys turn out as good as kevin love, the core will mature together and should produce a all-star selections. the will grow together and take a a mold like OKC, like Phili is attempting. young guys all together, all signing new max deals around the same time. what I'm saying is that they've created the foundation that will eventually lead to more success than Love could ever achieve on his own, given how Minny has chosen to build around him. their core conveniently comes of age as Duncan, Kobe, Dirk, Memphis, and other western threats age out and retire, or dissolve (my prediction for Memphis, their core) players.

Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins/Young/G.D with Pek as 6th man? thats going to develop into something special by 2017. i think Rubio is going to be better than ever this year.

5ass
08-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Wolves are basically already in year 3 of their rebuild if they sell pekovic for young players and picks.

bleedprple&gold
08-09-2014, 10:11 PM
They got the best prospect since Lebron. Why wouldnt they be happy?

TheMightyHumph
08-09-2014, 10:26 PM
There are times when teams simply fail to put a winner around a player and the time comes for a change. Often times, these moves are frustrating for fans. Toronto fans, for instance, saw Vince Carter intentionally tanked his performance on the court to force a trade (or at least that is what many believe, and for good reason). This left the Raptors with no leverage to bring back any actual talent, and it was just after watching McGrady bolt in free agency. LBJ: Left in free agency so his team got nothing back.

But Love seems to have gone a different route. He let the team know that he did not plan on staying, and so gave them plenty of time to make a trade that helped the team and landed them a potential franchise player (who may even turn out to be better than Love), while also accommodating his desire to be in a winning team. It seems like the two sides were equally frustrated and came to a resolution that makes both happy.

And in all fairness, the T-Wolves did a $#!T job in the draft. They passed on Kanter and Tristan for Derrick Williams (though there wasn't a lot to pick from in that draft), they grabbed Wesley Johnson over DMC and Greg Monroe, and Luke Babbit over Eric Bledsoe in the same draft. Then they picked Rudio and Johny FLynn (two point guards) over Stephen Curry and DeMarDeRozen, though I understand the Rubio pick as every GM was high on him, but FLynn over Curry? Dude's not even in the league any more. This is a team that could have had Curry, DeRozen, Love and DMC or Monroe, and instead had Love, Johnny Flynn, Rudio, Derrick Williams and Wesley Johnson. As a player, you have to be frustrated to see that much potential slip through your fingers.

So should Minny fans be upset like TO fans were, or Cleveland fans were? Or should they be grateful that Love handled this in a manner that allowed the team to move forward instead of back?

Forum and take a poll.

My opinion is TWolves should BLEED the Cavs. But I'm an NBA & Nets fan, not a fan of either team

JLeBeau76
08-09-2014, 10:26 PM
why should they be mad love was leaving anyway and they got a number 1 pick for him if anything the cavs should be mad

Why should the Cavaliers be mad? They get the top pf in the league to go with the best player in the league and a top 5 pg.

To top it off they give up a disappointing player, someone who might be good and a pick they got for LeBron leaving.

The hope of potential is awesome for Minny but the reality of a top player now is just what Cle needs.

It's a win-win for both teams.

NBA_Starter
08-09-2014, 10:56 PM
We need to wait and see what the NBA does or doesn't do first.

JLeBeau76
08-09-2014, 11:30 PM
We need to wait and see what the NBA does or doesn't do first.

The NBA isn't going to do jack crap unless someone was stupid enough to leave a paper trail. This is just the media throwing a 1% chance angle out there to get hits.

flea
08-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Why should the Cavaliers be mad? They get the top pf in the league to go with the best player in the league and a top 5 pg.

To top it off they give up a disappointing player, someone who might be good and a pick they got for LeBron leaving.

The hope of potential is awesome for Minny but the reality of a top player now is just what Cle needs.

The league's best PF just won a title as the best player on his team. Not sure what Love did in May and June but it didn't have to do with proving he was the best at anything.

dtmagnet
08-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Getting a number one pick for a guy who had all but demanded a trade is pretty good.

JasonJohnHorn
08-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Yeah, Were the first team to screw up in the draft? ha Oden over Durant? There are plenty of mistakes to be pissed about for all franchises. A good question with a bunch of trolling in the middle. Melo says hi.

I didn't suggest they were the only team to screw up the draft, I simply said that as a player, to see the team pass up on so many great players, and still be in the lottery, it would be frustrating. How is that trolling?

JasonJohnHorn
08-10-2014, 12:20 AM
The league's best PF just won a title as the best player on his team. Not sure what Love did in May and June but it didn't have to do with proving he was the best at anything.

Its not like Love has Parker, Leonard, Manu Green and Mills playing with.

I got Duncan ranked as my number one power forward of all time, but let's not pretend he won it on his own this year or that Love wouldn't have done exceptionally well with the same roster. Not a defensive player like Duncan, but he's a better rebounder at this point and Love is a great passer.

Can't blame Love because his GM picked Johnny Flynn over Stephen Curry.

JEDean89
08-10-2014, 12:50 AM
^^^ seriously, minny has had some atrocious gm's over the years. how many busts have they picked? remember taking Flynn and Rubio in a draft and then trading the Lawson pick for a future first? Jesus. Corey Brewer, Wesley Johnson... They have done better drafting Dieng late and I think Lavine is a stud in the making. A Lavine/Wiggins wing has massive potential. I have no idea why they think that thad young is the best they can get for bennett though.

JLeBeau76
08-10-2014, 01:32 AM

Please, I like Duncan as much as anyone but he isn't the best PF at this stage in his career. Hell, he's not even the best player on his team as I would put Parker and Leonard ahead of him right now.

east fb knicks
08-10-2014, 01:54 AM

they could have either got love with out trading wiggins or just sign love in 2015

LOVE42
08-10-2014, 02:05 AM
they have mixed feelings.see another failure and another star go has to be demoralizing,but you cant help but get excited over nabbing someone like wiggins out of it
Yeah as a huge Kevin Love fan (see user name) and avid Timberwolves fan this is exactly how I feel. Probably the general consensus in Minnesota.It would have been great to have made better personnel decisions, but hindsight is 20/20. I would say outside of the Flynn pick that none of the choices were that awful, just the fact that they were all misses hurts.

Dade County
08-10-2014, 02:14 AM
I just want Wiggins to write his own letter, so I can lol.

Clippersfan86
08-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Very excited. Love has wanted out for 2+ years and quite frankly been a complete douchebag about it. The fact that Wolves fans continue to defend his actions, surprises me. He was a piss poor leader/teammate in many instances. To have an all young, athletic core with unknown potential would be awesome. Fun as hell to watch and eventually likely to become good if they mesh and survive aches and pains. Would LOVE nothing more at this point than to see Wiggins actually become the next T-Mac as some predict. Minny deserves a true loyal superstar who will stick with them like KG did until the bitter end.

SILVER SEAVER
08-10-2014, 02:33 AM
They are getting the last two number picks and a 2015 first round pick for a guy who already had one foot out the door. It's not the worst thing that could've happened to Minnesota. They will have a pretty strong team down the road if these guys pan out. For all we know Love could go to the Cavs and the injury bug could hit him again.

Phantom Dreamer
08-10-2014, 02:36 AM
In what scenario where teams like the Timberwolves and Bucks ever be good? Minnesota has never been relevant and the franchise is 25 years old.

Munkeysuit
08-10-2014, 02:47 AM
I'd be excited and and pretty anxious to see what Wiggins can do for a club that will allow him to be an integral part of the team right off the bat as opposed to just part of the team in Cleveland. No fan likes the process of rebuilding, but you'd be lying if you aren't excited about the possibilities a guy like Wiggins can bring.

Clippersfan86
08-10-2014, 03:17 AM
In what scenario where teams like the Timberwolves and Bucks ever be good? Minnesota has never been relevant and the franchise is 25 years old.

Eh... they said that about my team too. Is the only way to be relevant to win NBA titles? If so.. that would mean more than half the teams in the league are irrelevant and that would be an absurd statement.

Goose17
08-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Eh... they said that about my team too. Is the only way to be relevant to win NBA titles? If so.. that would mean more than half the teams in the league are irrelevant and that would be an absurd statement.

I agree with the sentiment but your team is a bad example. They still haven't done anything.

JasonJohnHorn
08-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Minny did make it to the conference finals with Garnett.... though that isn't much to boast about in 25 years, still, it is more than the Warriors can say.

Minny did win 4 championships WAY back in the day when they had a team called the Lakers. And The Bucks won with Kareem and the Big O.

But yeah, these franchises have struggled. I think the Bucks have put together some good cores a couple of times in the past two decades, but injuries have held them back. They had a potential franchise player in Michael Redd who was developing a great rivalry with LBJ, but then injuries hit. Then Bogut was a good anchor but he got injured. They also had that roster with Allen, Robinson and Cassell... but Robinson got his with injuries, and the contracts they had prevented them from bringing in additional talent and the were too good to get high picks.

I don't think their lack of success has anything to do with location. Minny has had the misfortune of having really bad GMs.
The Bucks have had bad luck with injuries putting guys on the shelf: Glen Robinson only played to 32. Michael Redd was essentially done at 29.... if these guys had the kind of longevity as Dirk or Duncan, it would have given the Bucks a much longer window with these guys (though they obviously aren't on the same level as Dirk and Duncan).

Flip seems to have made some good moves.... I hope he continues to. Minny fans deserve contender. They've only had one since the franchise started.

Bucks fans haven't won a championship since the Big O was still playing with Kareem.... they deserve something to cheer about.

Goose17
08-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Minny did make it to the conference finals with Garnett.... though that isn't much to boast about in 25 years, still, it is more than the Warriors can say.

In 25 years? Sure.

In the entire history? Three chips. Six conference titles.

I still agree with Clipfan. Your history doesn't dictate your future.

PhillyFaninLA
08-10-2014, 10:42 AM
He was going to walk. They are going to get a pick, a potential stud if Wiggins turns out to be the real deal, and a nice piece on a contender (maybe not as much on them) in Young.

You got as much as you can get for a player of Love's caliber

flea
08-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Please, I like Duncan as much as anyone but he isn't the best PF at this stage in his career. Hell, he's not even the best player on his team as I would put Parker and Leonard ahead of him right now.

You can put whomever you want where ever you want. Doesn't change the fact that Duncan was the best player on his team during last year's playoffs. Was it a good team? Yeah, but so was Love's outside of depth issues. No idea how you can call probably the worst defensive starter at his position the best overall - especially when he's had a number of years to show he's not a great ISO or post up threat. The position isn't great overall, but if anyone has dethroned Duncan it's Blake.

JasonJohnHorn
08-10-2014, 12:22 PM
In 25 years? Sure.

In the entire history? Three chips. Six conference titles.

I still agree with Clipfan. Your history doesn't dictate your future.

Well... two of those chips were in Philly.... so I mean, Minny has four given that the Lakers won four championship in Minny ;-)

But you are spot on: your past doesn't dictate your future. I see you and I are both existentialists!

joshhorvath
08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
The trade of Wiggins to Minny sadly opens up the real possibility of Minnesota fans watching Wiggins develop and leave for North of the border in the future.. Just like Kg, just like Love.. In Cleveland Wiggins woulda learnt from the best in LBJ, and could stayed there awhile.. But in Minnesota.. What's there? Nothing desirable.. And unless Wiggins grows a fondness of Minneapolis.. You can start preparing for his trade or signing to Toronto.

east fb knicks
08-10-2014, 03:22 PM
The trade of Wiggins to Minny sadly opens up the real possibility of Minnesota fans watching Wiggins develop and leave for North of the border in the future.. Just like Kg, just like Love.. In Cleveland Wiggins woulda learnt from the best in LBJ, and could stayed there awhile.. But in Minnesota.. What's there? Nothing desirable.. And unless Wiggins grows a fondness of Minneapolis.. You can start preparing for his trade or signing to Toronto.

lmao you don't know that bro minny is very close to Canada if the wolves do good which I think they are actually in a better position now then wiggins will stay and be the face of that franchise those loyal fans deserve minny fans are hardcore they have sucked for a long time but the fans still show up they deserve a star in the making

JordansBulls
08-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Love didn't get them in the playoffs or anything, so not like it matters much they losing him.

joshhorvath
08-10-2014, 04:13 PM
lmao you don't know that bro minny is very close to Canada if the wolves do good which I think they are actually in a better position now then wiggins will stay and be the face of that franchise those loyal fans deserve minny fans are hardcore they have sucked for a long time but the fans still show up they deserve a star in the making

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/love-deal-sets-stage-for-wiggins-homecoming/

Have a read. You'll like it.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2014, 04:25 PM
as a lifelong Wolves fan, the situation leading up to the trade is the story of my team. Dysfunction at its best. Kahn, who I defended the first half of his tenure, simply killed our team, and left it in shambles. He was great at developing cap flexibility, and then had no idea what to do with it, and hired people that knew nothing about basketball. Losing Love at age 25 sucks, he is our franchises 2nd best player ever by a mile.

That being said, since Love made it very public he was not staying, the trade package we got back is the best we could have hoped for, literally. I would rather have let Love walk than take the GS deal, and the Chicago deal was meh to me as well, though I suppose I could have lived with it.

Wiggins isn't LeBron, he won't dominate immediately, but he and Bennett, along with a 1st rounder, are as ideal of a deal as we are getting.

Frustration from our immediate past is what I feel, but excitement about our immediate future has now taken over, since I have accepted we ****ed up the Love era. Hopefully Flip makes a few right decisions, and we are a good team in 2 years.

Bruno
08-10-2014, 04:57 PM
as a lifelong Wolves fan, the situation leading up to the trade is the story of my team. Dysfunction at its best. Kahn, who I defended the first half of his tenure, simply killed our team, and left it in shambles. He was great at developing cap flexibility, and then had no idea what to do with it, and hired people that knew nothing about basketball. Losing Love at age 25 sucks, he is our franchises 2nd best player ever by a mile.

That being said, since Love made it very public he was not staying, the trade package we got back is the best we could have hoped for, literally. I would rather have let Love walk than take the GS deal, and the Chicago deal was meh to me as well, though I suppose I could have lived with it.

Wiggins isn't LeBron, he won't dominate immediately, but he and Bennett, along with a 1st rounder, are as ideal of a deal as we are getting.

Frustration from our immediate past is what I feel, but excitement about our immediate future has now taken over, since I have accepted we ****ed up the Love era. Hopefully Flip makes a few right decisions, and we are a good team in 2 years.

well said.

I think Kahn also did a poor job in the draft after he pulled off the famous Love for Mayo swap in 2008. I won't bash him for the Rubio selection, but drafting two PGs really screwed their chance at filling out a starting core around Love in 2009.

If OKC doesn't select Westbrook, Harden or Ibaka and flop like Minny has, is Durant still in OKC? Minnys best chance at keeping love was being successful in the 2009-2011 drafts. and they just had the worst luck. that flynn 6th overall pick can't turn into Brand Miller, the 23 and 38th picks within two years if your ninny. Johnson in 2010 and Williams in 2011 sealed the fate of the team in the love era, imo. The Wolves went 1/4 after selecting Love, they needed to bat 50%.

i think a fresh start with new talent will be a nice way to move on and forget about the draft failures.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I'd be ecstatic. Getting an absolute gold return for a guy who was going to leave.

ricky recon
08-10-2014, 05:17 PM
I'd be extremely poised for the future.

Kevin Love has been in the league for six years and the Wolves have 0 playoff appearances to show. He's just not a guy who can carry a team, and I think Wiggins has that potential to make the Wolves a serious player if they can build a basketball team around him.

benny01
08-10-2014, 05:20 PM
It was far and away the best deal they could have. It won't help their long term prospects though, but nothing really ever will. As long as players have the ability to play where they want, Minnesota will be a place where players develop and then leave. Sucks for wolves fans, but its the truth.

Sota4Ever
08-10-2014, 05:32 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/love-deal-sets-stage-for-wiggins-homecoming/

Have a read. You'll like it.

That article was all opinionated garbage. Here is a good read for you… You will like it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-08-10/andrew-wiggins-trade-rumors-cavaliers-wolves-bill-self-kevin-love-lebron-james

smith&wesson
08-10-2014, 05:37 PM
I would be happy as a twolves fan.

Not only wiggins, but bennett could be an all star too. The wisest thing would be to keep the two together.
I dont understand why the wolves would give up bennett for a 1 year rental of young. To me that would be the biggest mistake.

keep them together, they may like playing along side one another, maybe they grow together and become the faces of the franchise. that gives the wolves the best chance of retaining them in the future.

I have no idea what it would do for the franchise to trade for a 1 year rental of thad young, other than piss wiggy off by shipping out his canadian bretherin.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Bruno, phone won't let me quote you, but Kahn's drafting was lumped into my part about him not hiring good people. Taylor should have never hired him.

And you know it was McFail who traded Mayo for Love, right? Sad day when McFail is by far and away the better GM.

smith&wesson
08-10-2014, 05:40 PM
That article was all opinionated garbage. Here is a good read for you… You will like it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-08-10/andrew-wiggins-trade-rumors-cavaliers-wolves-bill-self-kevin-love-lebron-james

wiggins wanted to be traded from the cavs so that he could have a chance of being the face of his own team. That has very little to do with his future though. he could easily test free agency after his rookie contract is up if the twolves continue to **** up in terms of building around their best players.

I really think the twolves would be wise to keep bennet there as he has a chance to be really good, and thad young is not only an average pf but he is also only under contract for one more season. It would be really, really dumb for the twolves to make that trade. that could be the first move that really rubs wiggins off the wrong way.

smith&wesson
08-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Bruno, phone won't let me quote you, but Kahn's drafting was lumped into my part about him not hiring good people. Taylor should have never hired him.

And you know it was McFail who traded Mayo for Love, right? Sad day when McFail is by far and away the better GM.

I remember the days when you defended Khan... i was hoping you were right at the time.

Teeboy1487
08-10-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm not a T'Wolves fan and I'm excited to see them next year. I will tell you the truth. I wish the Lakers were in the same position. A bunch of promising exciting talent. I can see the Wolves being a good team in a couple of years. JMO. Now the Lavine pick looks that much better now for some reason.

Bruno
08-10-2014, 05:56 PM

i didn't. wow.

JasonJohnHorn
08-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Well.... Minny is like Canada Jr. So he may feel right at home ;-)

NBA_Starter
08-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Should be happy!

east fb knicks
08-10-2014, 11:07 PM
would you wolves fans be pissed if the trade of bennet for young goes through that deal doesn't make any sense to me but what ever

slashsnake
08-10-2014, 11:20 PM
would you wolves fans be pissed if the trade of bennet for young goes through that deal doesn't make any sense to me but what ever

Interesting one, but I think that might be more about at least getting something tangible. Bennett was awful last year. Like possibly historically the worst bust related to on court play not caused by major injuries.

I get Bennett had a good summer league, not quite the 25 points a game summer league dominance of say... Adam Morrison. But he looked almost up to par with a Morrison summer league. We can call that a step or two below Adam Morrison level right now.

Just saying it might not be a good idea to throw all your eggs in the same basket which is based on guys that haven't yet done anything at the NBA level.

Thaddeus gets you some more experience, a good health history, some know how, a guy with some proven skill and a good shooter (when he isn't falling in love with the 3).

Oefarmy2005
08-11-2014, 09:44 AM
As a Minnesota fan, I am upset that we screwed up our 2nd rebuild in a row, but I am happy that we at least got something of value for Love.

WSU Tony
08-11-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm happy about this trade. The Bennett/Young thing is still up in the air so I can't formulate a full opinion yet. Getting Wiggins means a "full" rebuild is already 2 years behind the Wolves. Those first two years are so painful. I'm glad I don't have to see the Wolves lose 130 of 180 games. They'll still be bad for a year or two as they draft in the top 5 but I can deal with 2 years. 4 years, gross.

I've watched Garnett, Johan Santana, Kevin Love, Torii Hunter, and Justin Morneau leave/be traded. Glad this last star is traded and we can move on. If anyone wants to be a MN sports fan you can suck for a few years talking about "potential" then build to a .500 team, then trade your stars and build again. Hell of a cycle.

ewing
08-11-2014, 10:26 AM
I am a knick fan i am not jealous of wolves fans

WSU Tony
08-11-2014, 10:32 AM
It's probably harder being a Knick fan than a Wolves fan. Thing is, we have zero expectations. Being in the media capital you have your team constantly over hyped then they constantly (and extremely) under deliver. That would be tough to handle most years.

MonroeFAN
08-11-2014, 10:40 AM
I think Minne fans should be ecstatic. You're getting the top prospect this year and last year for someone who was gonna leave on their own. Given the circumstances, this is probably the best return for a trade like that in the history of the NBA.

RCarlson85
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM
I live in Minnesota but I'm not a Wolves fan. I think the Wolves and their fans should be really happy with the return they're getting for Love. They're getting the last 2 #1 picks as well as a future #1 pick. They managed to get a return like this with everyone knowing Love did not intend to stay. That knowledge should have made it harder for them to get a package like this for Love. All the Wolves fans that I've talked to about this feel the same way. It was better to trade Love than to lose him for nothing and on top of that they managed to get a young stud with tons of potential in Wiggins.