PDA

View Full Version : Report: NBA could block Kevin Love trade

GunFactor187
08-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Report: NBA could block Kevin Love trade if agreement for him to sign long-term in Cleveland is already in place

Brett Pollakoff Aug 8, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT

It’s all but certain that Kevin Love will be traded to the Cavaliers just as soon as the rookie contract signed by Andrew Wiggins allows the deal to go through, but some recently reported details could possibly place the entire thing in jeopardy if it can be proven that an illegal agreement (in terms of the league’s collective bargaining agreement) is already in place.

Both teams have been careful not to say too much, lest the league come down on them with severe consequences for working outside of the rules. But if Love has in fact implicitly agreed to re-sign in Cleveland as has been reported, that may be an issue that the league office has no choice but to address.

From Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

But sources say that the Cavs and Wolves, knowing that league officials are monitoring this transaction closely, have been careful not to make any public acknowledgments that trade details have already been agreed to. That’s because Wiggins remains ineligible to move moved until 30 days pass from the signing his rookie contract.

The Cavs were granted permission last month by Minnesota to speak to Love and his representatives in an introductory fashion, sources say, while James and Love have also been in direct contact about their long-term intentions of playing together in recent weeks. But sources insist that no agreement for Love to sign an extension in Cleveland next summer when he can become a free agent is in place.

Under NBA rules, such an agreement would be illegal and, if proven, potentially could be grounds for the league to block this trade and dole out punishment to both teams. The Wolves were infamously sanctioned heavily in 2000 after it was discovered that the club had promised a lucrative future contract — in writing — to Joe Smith, incurring a fine of $3.5 million and the loss of four first-round picks as well as suspensions for owner Glen Taylor and then-GM Kevin McHale.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports initially reported that “Cleveland is making the deal with Minnesota with a firm agreement Love will opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with the Cavaliers on a five-year, $120 million-plus contract extension.” That’s the point of contention that could potentially allow the league to step in, but good luck proving it in any capacity.

No one’s stupid enough to put something like that in writing this time, and barring a ridiculous out-of-place statement from one of the deal’s principles, no matter what Love’s intentions might be, there will be no way to prove that something was already in place before the trade was executed.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/report-nba-could-block-kevin-love-trade-if-agreement-for-him-to-sign-long-term-in-cleveland-is-already-in-place/?utm_post=080814%20kevin%20love%20trade%20in%20jeo pardy%3F&utm_source=TW%20-%20NBC%20Sports%20-%20%40NBCSports&utm_network=twitter&utm_tags=

jaydubb
08-08-2014, 10:57 PM
**** block lebroner

goingfor28
08-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Chris Paul 2.0

Kind of

ManRam
08-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Chris Paul 2.0

Kind of

Way weaker grounds than that trade...

This won't happen. I'd bet my life on it.

jaydubb
08-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Chris Paul 2.0

Kind of

:nod:

Next we will hear that he is traded to the clippers

Raps18-19 Champ
08-08-2014, 11:00 PM
I'd be pretty hard to prove the agreement unless it is already in writing.

jmartin80
08-08-2014, 11:02 PM
I think it all depends on what Lebron truly wants. Whatever he wants, will happen.

Where are the posters saying that this trade was not convoluted?

Dade County
08-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Not happening...

The league wants this trade to go down, they probably planned it 3yrs ago.

ManRam
08-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Not happening...

The league wants this trade to go down, they probably planned it 3yrs ago.

Yeah...the league conspiring for YEARS to make sure that mighty Cleveland market boons...

:rolleyes:

Arch Stanton
08-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Key word is "could." Almost seems like ESPN is fear mongering here. Are you surprised?

jmartin80
08-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah...the league conspiring for YEARS to make sure that mighty Cleveland market boons...

I agree except for the eyeroll part. The league wanted this and Lebron to be successful in Cleveland to save his career. I understand your always support of Lebron (because he is a great athlete) but you have to admit that the odds for all of this to happen are past common sense acceptance. Right?

The team to get him with the first overall pick is his hometown (wow) and then he left them high and dry (ok) and then they get 3 out of the next 4 first overall picks to build enough support to get him to come back.

You really think this whole script was coincidence? The Cleveland Market doesn't matter... it is the Lebron market... His market is more important to the NBA in the long run then any big market city.

I do not see how people keep overlooking this.

FlashBolt
08-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Why did they block CP's trade btw?

ManRam
08-08-2014, 11:20 PM

The league was in control of the team at the time. They felt there were competitive issues involved. Gilbert was among a few owners who urged it be declined. They had the right to decline any trade.

It was the right move. The Lakers package was worse than the Clippers'. Although, Dragic I think would have gone to NO...but that trade would have assured the team missed out on AD.

jmartin80
08-08-2014, 11:20 PM

Too much power on one team.

jmartin80
08-08-2014, 11:24 PM
The league was in control of the team at the time. They felt there were competitive issues involved. Gilbert was among a few owners who urged it be declined. They had the right to decline any trade.

It was the right move. The Lakers package was worse than the Clippers'. Although, Dragic I think would have gone to NO...but that trade would have assured the team missed out on AD.

Seems like a common theme that keeps getting recited. He "was" opposed to everything he "is".

It doesn't matter cause he is a billionaire. And I suck.

JNA17
08-08-2014, 11:27 PM
I hope it does happen because karma. Not karma to Cavs fans or the Cavs organization as a whole per say, but karma to that ***** of an owner Dan Gilbert who was the main culprit for the blocking of the Chris Paul trade.

It won't happen but if it does, pay back is a *****.

WITZ
08-08-2014, 11:27 PM
So how exactly are they going to prove there was an agreement in place again??

Arch Stanton
08-08-2014, 11:34 PM
So how exactly are they going to prove there was an agreement in place again??

I think it would have to be in writing. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a verbal agreement, but unless Pat Riley is hiding in a bush outside Griffins office recording trade conversations they should be okay.

WITZ
08-08-2014, 11:43 PM
I think it would have to be in writing. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a verbal agreement, but unless Pat Riley is hiding in a bush outside Griffins office recording trade conversations they should be okay.

Yup so in other words nothing is going to happen because if anybody knows about this its between Love who wants out anyway . The Twolves aren't going to say anything otherwise bye bye Wiggins. The Cavs obviously not going to open their mouths about an agreement lol

apocalypse15
08-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Just another rumor to add drama to the whole situation. Also another segment for ESPN to add to their shows that takes away from other things going on in the sports world.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 12:02 AM

Not about Cleveland. Cleveland is just lucky Lebron was born in the state of Ohio.

It's about Lebron's 'legacy' and marketability, not just for Lebron but for the league, if Lebron goes home and wins the championship. The NBA wouldn't rig the Cavs winning, but it's about Lebron's image and what is 'good for the league'.

Lebron, since high school, has been held as the 'next great thing', aka 'the next MJ'. The league will do everything they can to have that image of a current player. Jordan isn't making them any money. But Lebron can. Lebron winning one for his 'home', sets the perfect stage for the 'GOAT' argument.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Yup so in other words nothing is going to happen because if anybody knows about this its between Love who wants out anyway . The Twolves aren't going to say anything otherwise bye bye Wiggins. The Cavs obviously not going to open their mouths about an agreement lol

If the Cavs or Wolves legal teams botched this by putting this in writing then they deserve what's coming. Fortunately Dan Gilbert who apparently voiced his displeasure with CP3 to LAL will not do the same in a trade that benefits his team.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I agree except for the eyeroll part. The league wanted this and Lebron to be successful in Cleveland to save his career. I understand your always support of Lebron (because he is a great athlete) but you have to admit that the odds for all of this to happen are past common sense acceptance. Right?

The team to get him with the first overall pick is his hometown (wow) and then he left them high and dry (ok) and then they get 3 out of the next 4 first overall picks to build enough support to get him to come back.

You really think this whole script was coincidence? The Cleveland Market doesn't matter... it is the Lebron market... His market is more important to the NBA in the long run then any big market city.

I don't know why I just wrote everything above as you just said this perfectly before me. Well done.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Not about Cleveland. Cleveland is just lucky Lebron was born in the state of Ohio.

It's about Lebron's 'legacy' and marketability, not just for Lebron but for the league, if Lebron goes home and wins the championship. The NBA wouldn't rig the Cavs winning, but it's about Lebron's image and what is 'good for the league'.

Lebron, since high school, has been held as the 'next great thing', aka 'the next MJ'. The league will do everything they can to have that image of a current player. Jordan isn't making them any money. But Lebron can. Lebron winning one for his 'home', sets the perfect stage for the 'GOAT' argument.

Are people ignoring this post? Quoted for more "publicity".

3ballbomber
08-09-2014, 12:11 AM

:nod:

3ballbomber
08-09-2014, 12:17 AM
" i go out of my way to give you all those #1 picks & you wanna p!ss all my efforts away by wanting more. No Love for you!" - Silver

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 12:28 AM
If Bennett was actually good last year, the NBA wouldn't have given the Cavs Wiggins. They needed Wiggins for a trade because the Cavs screwed up the Bennett selection. Giving them a 3rd #1 just seemed too obvious. Lebron is looking like he recovered his 'good guy' image to most since coming back. Seems like it's working. Those 3 #1s has now netted LeBron a top 10 player and an all-star PG. So when the winning starts, the 'good guy' Lebron is going to make the NBA look so good. Lebron's legacy is going to be boosted, the NBA is going to market him as the GOAT when he wins a championship for his 'home', and both are going to make a ton of money.

3ballbomber
08-09-2014, 12:34 AM
If Bennett was actually good last year, the NBA wouldn't have given the Cavs Wiggins. They needed Wiggins for a trade because the Cavs screwed up the Bennett selection. Giving them a 3rd #1 just seemed too obvious. Lebron is looking like he recovered his 'good guy' image to most since coming back. Seems like it's working. Those 3 #1s has now netted LeBron a top 10 player and an all-star PG. So when the winning starts, the 'good guy' Lebron is going to make the NBA look so good. Lebron's legacy is going to be boosted, the NBA is going to market him as the GOAT when he wins a championship for his 'home', and both are going to make a ton of money.

The thing is Lebron is 2-3 career in the finals. He won 2 out of the 4 yrs w/ Miami, lucky to get the 2nd. He was dismantled by the Spurs & Leonard in the worst way possible. I think just having Lebron in the picture, wether his winning or losing equates to revenues for the NBA. Matter of fact, if i can remember what i read few days ago, more people tuned in to watch the finals when Miami were losing than when they were winning. Seeing Lebron fail maybe a formula for success for the league :speechless:

slashsnake
08-09-2014, 12:35 AM
If Bennett was actually good last year, the NBA wouldn't have given the Cavs Wiggins. They needed Wiggins for a trade because the Cavs screwed up the Bennett selection.

Lol, yeah we get Silver in this now too. A guy who's guaranteed to make millions as long as he doesn't do something like this and get caught, sending his most marketable player to right in front of all 29 reps, to a small market (you know the place where Lebron set the NBA record for least watched finals ever) and they stay silent about it. Oh and a company that makes BILLIONS a year (NOT FROM THE NBA) is part of it running the lottery, who's entire rep is based on their ability to be fair. So How many Billion is the NBA spending to get Lebron on a one year deal to Cleveland to pay off all these people?

But back to the real world here...

Yeah I don't see them having anything in writing, which basically means no matter what, they don't have a deal. If Love needs microfracture on both knees at the end of the season, he isn't getting a max deal. And if he wants to go to LA after the season, no matter what he said now, he can. Cleveland isn't going to stop him by saying "we had an illegal under the table rule!"..

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 12:37 AM

How do the other 29 teams feel about this? Since you say the NBA is giving the Cavs #1 picks. Btw it's 2 former #1 picks in the proposed trade for Love plus a 2015 first round pick. Funny thing is that the NBA developed the Stepien rule (previous Cavs owner) to prevent teams from trading future back to back first round picks and with this trade they would be trading previous back to back first round picks.

WITZ
08-09-2014, 12:39 AM

You wanna share with the rest of us what they told the 29 other teams reps in the room that they were "Giving" the number 1 pick away to a team that wasn't theirs and they were ok with it. Conspiracy theorist are the worst :facepalm:

Avenged
08-09-2014, 12:44 AM
They are not gonna do that to LeBron. Just offseason buzz.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 12:50 AM
You wanna share with the rest of us what they told the 29 other teams reps in the room that they were "Giving" the number 1 pick away to a team that wasn't theirs and they were ok with it. Conspiracy theorist are the worst :facepalm:

Of course a fan of a team that has more first overall picks in 4 years then most major teams do in 50 years is going to say this. Answer me this... why do they not televise the "ball drop" live? It makes no sense. The other 29 teams will make more money in the long run if Lebron's "legacy" is saved. It is not quantum physics here people.

Do you think that the government always tells the truth and never "hides" things (more then 29 people)? The other politicians are just agreeing to it? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, they find a way for everyone to benefit behind close doors before it is presented? If you don't, I feel sorry for you....

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 12:53 AM

Just to add... Cleveland fans who were anti Heat but now are jumping through the rafters like their team just won the championship are the worst in my opinion.

WITZ
08-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Of course a fan of a team that has more first overall picks in 4 years then most major teams do in 50 years is going to say this. Answer me this... why do they not televise the "ball drop" live? It makes no sense. The other 29 teams will make more money in the long run if Lebron's "legacy" is saved. It is not quantum physics here people.

Do you think that the government always tells the truth and never "hides" things (more then 29 people)? The other politicians are just agreeing to it? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, they find a way for everyone to benefit behind close doors before it is presented? If you don't, I feel sorry for you....

You know nba.com streams it right... Its just incredibly boring who wants watch random combination of numbers being pulled out for all the teams reps in the lottery.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 12:55 AM

I'm pretty sure they invite reporters and reps from each team behind stage to participate in this process. So then why haven't they ever reported some sort of tampering, and what advantage does the NBA get by helping out a smaller market team like Cleveland? Wouldn't they make more money helping NY, LA, or CHI? I'm sorry but unless you have some reasonable proof this only seems like sour grapes.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Cleveland fans shouldn't even need to respond to our conspiracy accusations. Should just feel good that Lebron was born in Ohio and decided to come back to change his image for his legacy. Cavs had nothing to do with this other than being the team located in Ohio, and receiving 3 #1s in the last 4 years. A bunch of 'luck' for that franchise.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 12:56 AM
You know nba.com streams it right... Its just incredibly boring who wants watch random combination of numbers being pulled out for all the teams reps in the lottery.

Link?

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Just to add... Cleveland fans who were anti Heat but now are jumping through the rafters like their team just won the championship are the worst in my opinion.

Cleveland fans are still anti-Heat, and we are excited about our team so maybe that would explain the excitement?

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty sure they invite reporters and reps from each team behind stage to participate in this process. So then why haven't they ever reported some sort of tampering, and what advantage does the NBA get by helping out a smaller market team like Cleveland? Wouldn't they make more money helping NY, LA, or CHI? I'm sorry but unless you have some reasonable proof this only seems like sour grapes.

I have said numerous times that I think it was rigged when the Bulls got Rose. NY, LA and all other Big Market teams are going to make their money no matter what. They will sell out and get FA's later. Lebron is worth may more then a big market team. I'm sorry, but unless you give me reasonable proof, this just seems like denial.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Cleveland fans are still anti-Heat, and we are excited about our team so maybe that would explain the excitement?

You are the Heat. Just different location bud. Like it or hate it, take off the glasses. You are Heat 2.0

WITZ
08-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Link?

Google is your friend

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Cleveland fans shouldn't even need to respond to our conspiracy accusations. Should just feel good that Lebron was born in Ohio and decided to come back to change his image for his legacy. Cavs had nothing to do with this other than being the team located in Ohio, and receiving 3 #1s in the last 4 years. A bunch of 'luck' for that franchise.

Well there's something to be said for loving where your from. Most people develop a special relationship with 'place' and that would explain some homerism in sports. Can't disagree with regarding the luck the Cavs had. Unbelieveable!

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Google is your friend

aka... there isn't one or you couldn't find it on google.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 01:04 AM
I have said numerous times that I think it was rigged when the Bulls got Rose. NY, LA and all other Big Market teams are going to make their money no matter what. They will sell out and get FA's later. Lebron is worth may more then a big market team. I'm sorry, but unless you give me reasonable proof, this just seems like denial.

This. This situation isn't about markets, it's about Lebron, who is this league's 'Jordan' at this moment. This is all about Lebron/his image/his legacy/league's marketability. When your best player is the 'good guy' that won one for his 'home', it's a better business decision and legacy making situation, instead of the best player being the heel "NWO" Heat player that is hated.

slashsnake

First off no way in heck Lebron makes more in a small market. Lebron of the "tarnished rep" was FAR more sellable in Miami, where 60% more fans tuned into his finals, and he sold more jerseys and merchandise than in Cleveland. You think some 13 year old kid isn't begging his mom for a Lebron jersey because he moved from a town he never heard of.

2nd by doing that, you are ruining teams chances of getting him. Unless the NBA is offering 200 million to every team that conceivably had a chance or more, it ain't happening. Oh here's 2 million less in revenue sharing now that he's back to a small market, that will make up for it!

Easy. Silver hired spec ops snipers and put them on all the owners wives, and girlfriends first to ensure they wouldn't say anything about it who will be in place for the rest of their lives, as well as the NBA group and team reps at the lottery. A team of murderous doctors are on hand to ensure any showing signs of alzheimers or waiting for a deathbed confession will be murdered immediately. Full 24/7 surveillance on these people is now in place to ensure none makes a call that could ruin the entire league. Then figure Ernst and Young makes about 25 billion a year and for them to be part, maybe 300 billion or so there for them to risk it all to be a part of this.

And all through this, in their trillion dollar murderous plan to get Lebron to hopefully lean towards a 1 year deal in Cleveland, they forgot that probably asking Dan Gilbert to take down his letter, and reach out to Lebron with a phone call would have been equally effective..

Whoops... Someones going to be pissed their trillion got spent that way.

Kyben36
Way weaker grounds than that trade...

This won't happen. I'd bet my life on it.

I dont remember anything that caused the nba to block that trade, although, i didnt follow it closely, could you expand.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:07 AM

:laugh2:

Where's your reasonable proof that it is rigged?

WITZ
aka... there isn't one or you couldn't find it on google.

You want the info you look for it. Make sure to keep that tin foil hat on don't want the satellite's frying your brain.

jmartin80
First off no way in heck Lebron makes more in a small market. Lebron of the "tarnished rep" was FAR more sellable in Miami, where 60% more fans tuned into his finals, and he sold more jerseys and merchandise than in Cleveland. You think some 13 year old kid isn't begging his mom for a Lebron jersey because he moved from a town he never heard of.

Easy. Silver hired spec ops snipers and put them on all the owners wives, and girlfriends first to ensure they wouldn't say anything about it who will be in place for the rest of their lives, as well as the NBA group and team reps at the lottery. A team of murderous doctors are on hand to ensure any showing signs of alzheimers or waiting for a deathbed confession will be murdered immediately. Full 24/7 surveillance on these people is now in place to ensure none makes a call that could ruin the entire league. Then figure Ernst and Young makes about 25 billion a year and for them to be part, maybe 300 billion or so there for them to risk it all to be a part of this.

And all through this, in their trillion dollar murderous plan to get Lebron to hopefully lean towards a 1 year deal in Cleveland, they forgot that probably asking Dan Gilbert to take down his letter, and reach out to Lebron with a phone call would have been equally effective..

Whoops... Someones going to be pissed their trillion got spent that way.

You lost me when you keep mentioning small market.

Bigger picture... It has nothing to do with the smaller market at this point. If Lebron's legacy is saved, the NBA makes more from that in the long run then anything else. Current markets have nothing to do with this. We have been over this before. Gonna quote me numbers from the 2007 finals viewership again? haha

Raps18-19 Champ
08-09-2014, 01:08 AM

NBA was the owner of the Hornets and management made the trade without their approval.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:10 AM
You are the Heat. Just different location bud. Like it or hate it, take off the glasses. You are Heat 2.0

I don't get the reference but okay. Didn't realize David Griffin was Pat Riley in disguise, and David Blatt he's not Jewish he's Filipino.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't get the reference but okay. Didn't realize David Griffin was Pat Riley in disguise, and David Blatt he's not Jewish he's Filipino.

You honestly don't get his reference? When Lebron decided on your team, you obviously had to know he wasn't the only one coming did you? Where Lebron goes, there will be a newly formed 'super team'. Oh, look at that, you guys are getting Kevin Love from those couple of 'lucky' draft picks.

If you still don't know, your team is now hated because of how 'lucky' it became, or should I say, how Lebron constructed it. Heat 2.0! Get it?

bucketss
08-09-2014, 01:14 AM
damn the hate is real for the cavs, i always knew the sympathy for "the decision " was all fake. these people will hate any team lebron is on.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:15 AM

You want the info you look for it. Make sure to keep that tin foil hat on don't want the satellite's frying your brain.

You were the first to say it happened, that is why I am asking you for the video. It is crazy that many people are involved but I can't seem to find one after all these years by doing a google search.

KINGOFSPORTS
08-09-2014, 01:16 AM
LOL @ the league blocking the trade. Will never happen

WITZ
08-09-2014, 01:18 AM
You were the first to say it happened, that is why I am asking you for the video. It is crazy that many people are involved but I can't seem to find one after all these years by doing a google search.

I know i'm not the only one on here that has seen it on nba.com. But once you post your proof that its "Rigged" Ill post a link to the drawings.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:18 AM
damn the hate is real for the cavs, i always new the sympathy for "the decision " was all fake. these people will hate any team lebron is on.

The way he does it is what brings the hate. Has nothing to do with Lebron or his talent. Has to do with how he does it. The Cavs have now benefited from the decision... that sympathy is long gone. I actually think it was gone 2 #1 draft picks ago.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:19 AM
I know i'm not the only one on here that has seen it on nba.com. But once you post your proof that its "Rigged" Ill post a link to the drawings.

hahahaha so you don't have it. Thanks for clarifying.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:21 AM
You honestly don't get his reference? When Lebron decided on your team, you obviously had to know he wasn't the only one coming did you? Where Lebron goes, there will be a newly formed 'super team'. Oh, look at that, you guys are getting Kevin Love from those couple of 'lucky' draft picks.

If you still don't know, your team is now hated because of how 'lucky' it became, or should I say, how Lebron constructed it. Heat 2.0! Get it?

Well I'm not sure how LeBron can determine whether or not the Cavs get Kevin Love since he plays for the Wolves. He can't force the Wolves to give the Cavs Kevin Love. If my team is hated it must mean they are really good.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Well I'm not sure how LeBron can determine whether or not the Cavs get Kevin Love since he plays for the Wolves. He can't force the Wolves to give the Cavs Kevin Love. If my team is hated it must mean they are really good.

You don't see how this could happen? Oh... that's right, you are a Cavs fan and probably haven't been watching the NBA for the last 4 years... it is like this....

Lebron contacts the front office and says I signed a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out. Get Love or I walk.
He then contacts Love and says come play and we will win. Don't accept to sign a new contract unless it is for my team. Love then says I will deny any contract extension except for Cleveland.

It is really quite simple.

Very simple and not difficult at all to grasp.

CTCUBBIES
08-09-2014, 01:25 AM
LOL @ the league blocking the trade. Will never happen

The Queen would never play with only Irving and the last two #1 picks. If you don't think this Love deal has been setup for months you are crazy.

mngopher35
08-09-2014, 01:25 AM

I googled video of 2014 nba draft lottery and this was the first link:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/draft/2014/05/20/052014-draft-lottery-behind-the-scenes.nba/

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:27 AM
I googled video of 2014 nba draft lottery and this was the first link:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/draft/2014/05/20/052014-draft-lottery-behind-the-scenes.nba/

Thank You!! watching this now.

WITZ
08-09-2014, 01:27 AM
hahahaha so you don't have it. Thanks for clarifying.

So....where's your proof of it being "Rigged" again :laugh:

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 01:29 AM

Come on, Kevin Love has been saying he would play for the Cavs if James signs way before Lebron confirmed the signing. They talked.

Your team is hated because it's not about your team. It's all about changing Lebron's image by using the Cavs and it's fans to rally around him for the 'good guy' winning the championship for his home. Almost brings a tear to my eye, except for the fact that the Cavs fans are rallying behind a guy that had burnt jerseys all around Ohio a few years ago. He is using that franchise for his legacy and image.

mngopher35
08-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Thank You!! watching this now.

Haha I actually didn't watch it all but I put it in the middle and it seemed boring enough to be legit. I just knew they taped them so tried checking.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:33 AM
So....where's your proof of it being "Rigged" again :laugh:

None. Just speculation and based on statistics. Your only proof of it not being rigged is based on a video, only one video posted by the NBA itself (which you couldn't find). Who makes all the decisions anyway. So where is your proof? :laugh:

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:36 AM
p.s. The NBA denied that the refs ever shaved points or made calls to change the outcomes of games. Other conspiracy theorists said this was going on...

Guess who was wrong there years later?

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:38 AM
You don't see how this could happen? Oh... that's right, you are a Cavs fan and probably haven't been watching the NBA for the last 4 years... it is like this....

Lebron contacts the front office and says I signed a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out. Get Love or I walk.
He then contacts Love and says come play and we will win. Don't accept to sign a new contract unless it is for my team. Love then says I will deny any contract extension except for Cleveland.

Well thanks but I've been watching the NBA and my team the past few year and several years prior so no need for your ridiculous assumptions. This is all sour grapes for you, I'm sorry you feel this way but you're going to have to deal with it. Have you seen big foot lately?

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:41 AM
Come on, Kevin Love has been saying he would play for the Cavs if James signs way before Lebron confirmed the signing. They talked.

Your team is hated because it's not about your team. It's all about changing Lebron's image by using the Cavs and it's fans to rally around him for the 'good guy' winning the championship for his home. Almost brings a tear to my eye, except for the fact that the Cavs fans are rallying behind a guy that had burnt jerseys all around Ohio a few years ago. He is using that franchise for his legacy and image.

Your narrative is full of exaggerations and 'chose your own adventure stories'. If it makes you sleep better at night then so be it.

WITZ
08-09-2014, 01:42 AM
None. Just speculation and based on statistics. Your only proof of it not being rigged is based on a video, only one video posted by the NBA itself (which you couldn't find). Who makes all the decisions anyway. So where is your proof? :laugh:

Well i'm done here I got video evidence which now your saying isn't proof :laugh2: compared to all your going on is "speculation" . Keep that tin foil hat wouldn't want the government to read your mind with their satellites.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:43 AM
p.s. The NBA denied that the refs ever shaved points or made calls to change the outcomes of games. Other conspiracy theorists said this was going on...

Guess who was wrong there years later?

So if it's fixed and it bothers you, then why do you pay attention?

CTCUBBIES
08-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Well thanks but I've been watching the NBA and my team the past few year and several years prior so no need for your ridiculous assumptions. This is all sour grapes for you, I'm sorry you feel this way but you're going to have to deal with it. Have you seen big foot lately?

Lebron wouldn't have gone back to Cleveland without this in place. If you think he would you're giving him way too much credit. I'm happy for Cavs fans and I like the Bulls roster but lets all stop giving LBJ so much credit. He was merely the first rat off a sinking ship in Miami. He knew they would get Love - lets not get it confused.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Well i'm done here I got video evidence which now your saying isn't proof :laugh2: compared to all your going on is "speculation" . Keep that tin foil hat wouldn't want the government to reading your mind with their satellites.

Apparently the NBA is fixed unless it helps out his team the it's legitimate.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Your narrative is full of exaggerations and 'chose your own adventure stories'. If it makes you sleep better at night then so be it.

As a long time Cavs fan, maybe you should start a thread apologizing to the Heat for all the hate that Cavs fans have been giving them.

This should be done since all the hate they have been given by Cavs fans is now gone, and the same ones doing the hating are now Loving the exact same they used to hate.

The Cavs are the Heat 2.0. The return of the Heatles, just different location.

Deny it all you want if it helps you sleep better at night.

jmartin80
08-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Apparently the NBA is fixed unless it helps out his team the it's legitimate.

Do you not read? I said I thought it was rigged when the Bulls got Rose... I guess not.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:49 AM
Lebron wouldn't have gone back to Cleveland without this in place. If you think he would you're giving him way too much credit. I'm happy for Cavs fans and I like the Bulls roster but lets all stop giving LBJ so much credit. He was merely the first rat off a sinking ship in Miami. He knew they would get Love - lets not get it confused.

Any proof to this claim? Again, LeBron cannot control what the TWolves decide to do with their roster. I don't buy your baseless claim sorry.

slashsnake
08-09-2014, 01:50 AM

So common sense.

Like who would think he would say "get Kwame Brown or I am out of here", or "get anyone, I don't really care". Of course he came in and said I want to be on a contender, we should get the best guys available.

And yeah, I am sure Love said "Hey that looks like a good team, I'd rather play there so I won't re-sign for other teams.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Do you not read? I said I thought it was rigged when the Bulls got Rose... I guess not.

So then why do you watch or care? Really if it's fixed why do you care? This is the WWE right? Was the fix supposed to give the Bulls another ship but it didn't?

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 01:54 AM
So then why do you watch or care? Really if it's fixed why do you care? This is the WWE right? Was the fix supposed to give the Bulls another ship but it didn't?

Question for you, why did Lebron leave the Cavs the first time?

Follow up question, why do you think Lebron left the Heat to come back to the Cavs?

slashsnake
08-09-2014, 01:54 AM

It's pretty obvious they had the best pieces to grab a free agent and Lebron would make a good teammate as a selling point.

But lets stop trying to say they had a deal in place, and part of that deal was Minnesota ensuring that immediately after the draft instead of building on that draft hype and selling a million Wiggins Jerseys, they said "nah, lets hold out on his sales and while we are at it, throw him in your summer league so he gets time with your coaches instead of ours. We want him still adjusting to the move here as late as possible"

They had ideas in place, and that is common sense, but if this deal was in place, Wiggins would have already been in Minny, and Love would already have been in Cleveland. Pushing that back does nothing good for either team.

CTCUBBIES
08-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Any proof to this claim? Again, LeBron cannot control what the TWolves decide to do with their roster. I don't buy your baseless claim sorry.

They had the #1 picks for the previous two drafts. Love demanded a trade. It really isn't that hard to connect the dots. You are correct that there was a tiny chance the Wolves would have traded him somewhere else but LBJs team had to know no one could really match the offer. Come on now. Its pretty obvious.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 01:56 AM
As a long time Cavs fan, maybe you should start a thread apologizing to the Heat for all the hate that Cavs fans have been giving them.

This should be done since all the hate they have been given by Cavs fans is now gone, and the same ones doing the hating are now Loving the exact same they used to hate.

The Cavs are the Heat 2.0. The return of the Heatles, just different location.

Deny it all you want if it helps you sleep better at night.

Okay that's pretty hilarious. Drugs really do wonders! Whether or not you want to admit it you are clearly upset, and jealous of the Cavs so are making these ridiculous excuses. This discussion is going nowhere. Can't wait to smash the Bulls! Peace!

slashsnake
08-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Question for you, why did Lebron leave the Cavs the first time?

Follow up question, why do you think Lebron left the Heat to come back to the Cavs?

1. Cavs ownership and front office sucked. They had old guys, no viable cap flexibility upcoming and he was playing with a team that basically set a pro-sports record for losing the next year. Miami seemed like a better option and he could work with his friends.

Same exact reason I work where I do. Industry leader with a good upside, and I like who I work with. It isn't in the town I grew up in, but oh well.

2. They looked like they had a better chance for the future and Miami he thought was falling apart a little quicker than he had hoped. It wasn't some free agent mecca, Melo wasn't heading there and trying to talk Love into coming over. Pau wasn't visiting with Lance Stephenson. The only reason this became a hot spot was Lebron picked it, but that would be true anywhere he went. The only reason it was the top of his list (which it wasn't for ANYONE else) was that it was home to him.

If you want a conspiracy theory, the only one I would buy is that mothers like to have their babies at home, and Lebron's wife is pregnant.

HesterJordan23
08-09-2014, 02:06 AM
I don't understand... Both sides of this argument will never have proof. Only LBJ will know why he left to go back home and that's it. Speculation is speculation. If the cavs and wolves were dumb enough to break the rules then they will pay the price. If not then Klove to cavs. And life continues

slashsnake
08-09-2014, 02:13 AM
I just don't see it being "in place" from day 1. You see that at times. Can't start talking to FA's until midnight and a guy signs some monster deal at 00:01. Sure. I doubt in 30 seconds they worked out 10 pages of contract.

But this one.. They are missing out on all the marketing of getting their guys. Instead of selling and training Wiggins, Minny has Love there. Instead of working Bennett into their summer league with the offenses they want him to learn, he's playing in Cleveland.

And Cleveland has to worry about their guys. Wiggins lands like Paul George and goodbye trade. They've got the #1 pick in the draft and haven't made a nickel off him yet since they aren't selling his jerseys and haven't been able to sell any Love ones yet.

If they had something in place or almost in place the dumbest thing they could do is wait like they have been. This would have been done the second Lebron officially decided on Cleveland.

Maybe they had hopes they could do something like that, but I don't think Cleveland had a clue Lebron was really thinking of coming back until just before the end. Hell, you are saying they can work out this entire deal but not figure out to take down the "F U Lebron" note that Gilbert wrote? I don't buy it.

I'll buy Lebron considered Bennett and Wiggins more as assets and so did Cleveland one they signed him. That they were going to shop them for someone now, and Love made the perfect idea there. But no, they didn't have this thing in the bag a month ago.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-09-2014, 02:17 AM
If I was Jeanie Buss, I would right a strongly worded letter to block this

abe_froman
08-09-2014, 02:30 AM
that would really suck for minny

Sadds The Gr8
08-09-2014, 02:45 AM
Block it!

Confusious
08-09-2014, 03:32 AM
Really doubt the league will find proof to legally block this trade from going through. If they did, I'd be irate with either incompetent GM.

jp611
08-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Really doubt the league will find proof to legally block this trade from going through. If they did, I'd be irate with either incompetent GM.

Hey, remember being a Bulls fan?

That was fun.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2014, 03:50 AM

That was fun.

:D Did you catch a switcher?

east fb knicks
08-09-2014, 04:19 AM

That was fun.

leave him alone he made the right decision :cheers:

amos1er
08-09-2014, 05:01 AM
NBA trying to hate on my man James. Total BS!!! Nothing wrong with forming two superteams back to back. It's stuff like that which makes the league great. Why bother to have competitive teams anyways... I just prefer to see Lebron demolish every team in his path and chase down more titles than Jordan with the utmost ease. Fair competition is soooo overrated anyways.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Funny. They blocked CP3 deal citing "parity" in the league as the main reason. Everyone lost their ****.

If they were to do the same here most people would applaud it I bet.

Lebron hate is real and it's coming to get you. Hide your kids, hide your wife, 'cause they out here hating everybody.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 05:44 AM
I take that back. Block it.

Second best offer had to be Lee, Barnes and 2015 first round pick. LOL.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Funny. They blocked CP3 deal citing "parity" in the league as the main reason. Everyone lost their ****.

Lebron hate is real and it's coming to get you. Hide your kids, hide your wife, 'cause they out here hating everybody.

Yes.. I'm sure New Orleans would of been better off taking declining Odom+Gasol and being a treadmill 8-9 seed for 3 years and not having capspace... vs ending up with Anthony Davis.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 05:53 AM
BTW I want more people to keep defending this crap. Clear backdoor stuff going on in Cleveland. Not only the tampering according to reports.. but implications of collusion and now backdoor deals of agreeing to sign two years early etc. I mean THIS is the problem I have with Love to Cleveland. Not a star going to Cleveland, but that they are bending/breaking rules to accomplish it.

The league for example last year shot down the KG/DJ deal because they said it was "clearly related" and went so far as to ban the Clippers and Celtics from trading for a full year! This is far more "shady" in NBA circles than that was. Yet because it's for Lebron, the league will likely do nothing about it.

In hindsight I'm glad the league stopped KG for DJ of course, but the principal of the matter is what I'm taking up issue with.

amos1er
08-09-2014, 05:56 AM

I know not to what you speak of. We all love Lebron around here. PSD voted him the Eighth best player of all-time. All this despite him leading his team to the biggest blowout in NBA finals history. If moving someone up five spots on the All-Time GOAT list even after this fact is not considered love, then I don't know what is.

PSD... where historic finals loses actually move you up in rank.

jp611
08-09-2014, 06:11 AM
leave him alone he made the right decision :cheers:

Says the Knicks fan lol.

Now that's a franchise to get on board with.

joeyc77
08-09-2014, 06:25 AM
This is about Kevin Loves contract . He cannot sign an extension with Cleveland as part of this deal. He can only resign with the Cavs after opting out next offseason and at that point he's free to do as he wishes. He can literally go back to Minny at that point. It's a huge risk by the Cavs. So, yes, if the trade is somehow contingent on Love resigning then I guess it would be blocked. But somehow I doubt two professional franchises would agree to something when anyone with Google could tell them otherwise.

ESPN is just boasting their chest to make everyone aware of how stupid that part of the Woj report was.

3ballbomber
08-09-2014, 06:27 AM
lmao :laugh:

3ballbomber
08-09-2014, 06:30 AM
I know not to what you speak of. We all love Lebron around here. PSD voted him the Eighth best player of all-time. All this despite him leading his team to the biggest blowout in NBA finals history. If moving someone up five spots on the All-Time GOAT list even after this fact is not considered love, then I don't know what is.

PSD... where historic finals loses actually move you up in rank.
:dance::dance2:

CityofChaos
08-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Of course the Cavs have talked to Love about an extension but will the NBA unravel evidence of such discussion? HELL NO.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 07:05 AM
BTW I want more people to keep defending this crap. Clear backdoor stuff going on in Cleveland. Not only the tampering according to reports.. but implications of collusion and now backdoor deals of agreeing to sign two years early etc. I mean THIS is the problem I have with Love to Cleveland. Not a star going to Cleveland, but that they are bending/breaking rules to accomplish it.

The league for example last year shot down the KG/DJ deal because they said it was "clearly related" and went so far as to ban the Clippers and Celtics from trading for a full year! This is far more "shady" in NBA circles than that was. Yet because it's for Lebron, the league will likely do nothing about it.

In hindsight I'm glad the league stopped KG for DJ of course, but the principal of the matter is what I'm taking up issue with.

So your biggest issue is that you're treating rumours as gospel? Got it.

CityofChaos
08-09-2014, 07:19 AM
I just hope this **** doesn't turn into another "the decision" drama with Love instead of LJ but knowing the NBA and ESPN and their thirst for headlines,gossip and speculation it definitely will when the time comes.

JasonJohnHorn
08-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Well... it wouldn't be the first time the Cavs made an illegal agreement.

With Carlos Boozer they let him out of his contract before they had his Bird rights or cap space to sign him to a big contract, claiming that they agreed to pay him what they had in cap space only to see him bolt for Utah when they offered him double that. That was an illegal contract according to the CBA, but it didn't stop their GM at the time from publicly saying Boozer double-crossed them, openly admitting that they had an illegal deal in place.

And as for not being dumb enough to put that ind of $#!T in writing, well just ask Minny fans about the Joe Smith deal that saw them lose several first round picks and have to let Joe Smith go. They signed a MLE contract or something small for three seasons with the promise of giving him a larger deal once his Bird right kicked in, which is illegal. And it was apparently in writing.

So yeah... people are that stupid, and the Cavs in particular have been, though that was with differnet ownership and a different GM.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 07:50 AM

Do you have actual proof that back door deals are going on or are you just talking out of your *****?

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Cleveland fans *****ing about collusion in 2010 should be just as mad.

effen5
08-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Lebron knew love was coming. Why mention Kyrie in the letter but not your two number 1 picks from the last two years in your letter? I'm sure Gilbert and taylor had a handshake deal on love and they let the GMs figure out the detail.

Regardless I don't care I still see a lot of flaws on that team and isn't better than the 2011 heat.

effen5
08-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Do you have actual proof that back door deals are going on or are you just talking out of your *****?

Nobody is going to have proof until someone leaks it the next few years.

ThuglifeJ
08-09-2014, 11:54 AM

Got to page 5 and havent seen any response. Not sure if he did but if he didnt..
Not surprised.

MarcCrawford
08-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Basketball fans are the weirdest species of people I've ever come across. Nothing ever just happens, there's always SOMETHING. League rigs this one year.... Ah but NEXT year the draft will be rigged for a different team.

I can't even wrap my head around some of the crap you conspiracy theorists throw against a wall.

ManRam
08-09-2014, 12:00 PM

I think LeBron going to Cleveland was his decision.
I think Cleveland's luck and ****** play helped make it possible.
I don't think the league was nefariously pulling those strings to make sure it happened. It's not worth it. LeBron is great for the league wherever he is.

I absolutely think it could have been coincidence.

I don't think the lottery is rigged, so if that's where we differ here in this conspiracy theory then we're just never going to agree.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Are we in a science lab or a court room? How much of sports deals in fact? Everything that actually happens in terms of trades for example, starts as a rumor from the same sources that are reporting these tamperings/collusions etc (in this case Woj and Grantland, both highly reputable said it). Where did you first hear about the trade? A rumor from Woj.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Basketball fans are the weirdest species of people I've ever come across. Nothing ever just happens, there's always SOMETHING. League rigs this one year.... Ah but NEXT year the draft will be rigged for a different team.

I can't even wrap my head around some of the crap you conspiracy theorists throw against a wall.

I'm with this guy^ its exhausting hearing that B.S

Goose17
08-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Are we in a science lab or a court room? How much of sports deals in fact? Everything that actually happens in terms of trades for example, starts as a rumor from the same sources that are reporting these tamperings/collusions etc (in this case Woj and Grantland, both highly reputable said it). Where did you first hear about the trade? A rumor from Woj.

Right but how many trades did we hear rumours about? Boston? Golden State? Houston? Chicago? Lakers?

They weren't all true (obviously). So why are you just assuming their rumours are true now? (I mean aside from the fact that it suits your hater argument and your skewed perception of Lebron)

IndyRealist
08-09-2014, 12:06 PM
This is not news. Everyone knows that the under-the-table deal making is going on. If it can't be proved, there is nothing they can do about it.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Okay so you have no actual proof and one could make this claim for pretty much any other team in the NBA (not specifically Love). I get that Woj reported this "firm agreement" and he could be right but as long as they play within the rules they should be fine. But again it's all speculation at this point and the media is throwing a bone to all the conspiracy theorists.

hugepatsfan
08-09-2014, 12:16 PM

CLE normally isn't a mighty market but in this specific case with Lebron it's a different story. It isn't the best market but it's the one that makes the most marketable player even more marketable. Obviously it was a dumb suggestion that the league planned this 3 years ago but I think your comment on the CLE market is misguided in this specific case.

Chaotic98
08-09-2014, 12:19 PM
"NBA Fans" have turned the NBA off seasons into the biggest soap opera/conspiracy theories in comparison to any other sport. These "fans" are turning the NBA off season into a WWE storyline with heels and faces, plots to appeal/push LBJ/Cena from a heel to a face to save his Legacy. I stopped watching the WWE when I realized how much of a boring, scripted, soap opera it was in my teen years. The NBA isn't the WWE. Conspiracy theorists who claim the draft is rigged (asking for proof it isn't, while not offering proof that it is), that this LBJ "storyline", to have Love join him in Cleveland existed years ago by the "NBA story writers", please stop.

You aren't real NBA fans, please stop WWEing the league.
Thank you.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Right but how many trades did we hear rumours about? Boston? Golden State? Houston? Chicago? Lakers?

They weren't all true (obviously). So why are you just assuming their rumours are true now? (I mean aside from the fact that it suits your hater argument and your skewed perception of Lebron)

With this particular trade rumor all "sources" said Cleveland was pretty much in the drivers seat for the last month and that a deal was inevitable. In fact... what we are hearing right now is based entirely on a rumor! The NBA hasn't approved a trade and it isn't done. Yet you believe it to be legit based on a rumor. Hypocrite much???

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Okay so you have no actual proof and one could make this claim for pretty much any other team in the NBA (not specifically Love). I get that Woj reported this "firm agreement" and he could be right but as long as they play within the rules they should be fine. But again it's all speculation at this point and the media is throwing a bone to all the conspiracy theorists.

Do you have proof that this trade "rumor" is even true? You have no proof that Love was traded to Cleveland, yet that isn't stopping you from running along with it as if it's fact. Know what that's called? Hypocrisy. As well as bias.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 01:12 PM
With this particular trade rumor all "sources" said Cleveland was pretty much in the drivers seat for the last month and that a deal was inevitable. In fact... what we are hearing right now is based entirely on a rumor! The NBA hasn't approved a trade and it isn't done. Yet you believe it to be legit based on a rumor. Hypocrite much???

lol so you admit that you're believing rumours and taking them as facts to fuel your B.S hateful opinion on a player you clearly already disliked?

At least you can admit it, I'll give you that.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:14 PM
lol so you admit that you're believing rumours and taking them as facts to fuel your B.S hateful opinion on a player you clearly already disliked?

At least you can admit it, I'll give you that.

Do you admit to being a hypocrite for believing a RUMORED trade?

ManRam
08-09-2014, 01:15 PM
CLE normally isn't a mighty market but in this specific case with Lebron it's a different story. It isn't the best market but it's the one that makes the most marketable player even more marketable. Obviously it was a dumb suggestion that the league planned this 3 years ago but I think your comment on the CLE market is misguided in this specific case.

That's my only point. Cleveland is an important market, and the Cleveland + LeBron market even more so, for sure...but colluding as arrogantly as some are suggesting to ensure this is just preposterous. It's not THAT important. That's all I'm saying.

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Let's talk about Blake Griffin so someone here doesn't get too mad.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 01:20 PM

Yes. Although that "rumoured" trade is also backed up by evidence such as it being reported on NBA.com

And you admit you are believing ******** rumours because it fits your argument and perspective of Lebron?

If those same sources reported that this was all B.S, would you believe them?

Weren't you ranting when Doc and CP3 were RUMOURED to be refusing to play next season is Sterling was still in control, saying that it was all media B.S and people saying he would still be there were just trying to sell stories?

ManRam
08-09-2014, 01:23 PM

Terrible example.

Rumors and conspiracy theories are different entities.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Terrible example.

Rumors and conspiracy theories are different entities.

Not at all in my case. The conspiracy part would be as you mentioned earlier.. people think the NBA rigged this to help Lebron, or the idea that this has been in the works for years (neither of which I agree with). The tampering was reported by MULTIPLE reputable sources including Woj/Stein/Shelburne/Grantland. Collusion was implied in all accounts.

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Clippersfan doesn't realize he's being a hypocrite trying to bash "rumors" surrounding this. Do you even proofread your postings?

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Yes. Although that "rumoured" trade is also backed up by evidence such as it being reported on NBA.com

And you admit you are believing ******** rumours because it fits your argument and perspective of Lebron?

If those same sources reported that this was all B.S, would you believe them?

Weren't you ranting when Doc and CP3 were RUMOURED to be refusing to play next season is Sterling was still in control, saying that it was all media B.S and people saying he would still be there were just trying to sell stories?

So you're using another media source as "evidence"? You're using that word pretty loosely. There can be no evidence whatsoever BECAUSE it's not even a consummated trade. It hasn't occurred yet and can't until the 23rd. Meaning as of right now it's merely a rumor.

Yes I was ranting because unlike you I believe rumors/reports by reputable people in the sports industry often become true/are true and I'm not the one arguing here the validity of rumors. I personally believe if someone like Woj/Stein reports something, it's usually true.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Clippersfan doesn't realize he's being a hypocrite trying to bash "rumors" surrounding this. Do you even proofread your postings?

Unfortunately you lack the comprehension to keep up. I'm not bashing rumors whatsoever. I'm actually saying.. rumors from reputable sources should be taken seriously. To suggest something isn't true because it's merely rumor, then use rumor as your sources for believing in a trade lol?? Seems very hypocritical.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I personally believe if someone like Woj/Stein reports something, it's usually true.

Then you sir, are a fool.

Woj reported Melo was edging towards joining Chicago at one point this offseason, how did that turn out?

He's reporting rumours, not facts, unless he says otherwise. And they should be taken as such.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately you lack the comprehension to keep up. I'm not bashing rumors whatsoever. I'm actually saying.. rumors from reputable sources should be taken seriously. To suggest something isn't true because it's merely rumor, then use rumor as your sources for believing in a trade lol?? Seems very hypocritical.

Taken seriously? Sure. Believed to be fact? Never. They're called "rumours" for a reason.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Then you sir, are a fool.

Woj reported Melo was edging towards joining Chicago at one point this offseason, how did that turn out?

He's reporting rumours, not facts, unless he says otherwise. And they should be taken as such.

That wasn't his final report though. Thing with rumors is they constantly change and update. Besides one error for dozens of correct ones is a ratio that's worth buying. He's dependable in other words. For every bad Woj report I've seen, he gets 50 right. Remember during the World Cup how dude would be pounding out signing after signing on Twitter, before anyone else even knew?

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Taken seriously? Sure. Believed to be fact? Never. They're called "rumours" for a reason.

So then explain why you take this trade as fact? Because a media outlet in NBA.com ran with an NBA shaking trade RUMOR from Woj? I'm still waiting for you to explain how this isn't a double standard on your part. My point isn't that you are wrong. But rather that I could very well be right too and that our "facts" are equally shaky and both require good faith to buy in, not based in evidence.

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 01:43 PM

And we could say the same for you. You're saying NBA may veto this trade based on a rumor. Maybe I'm reading wrong because you're going back and forth with others but nonetheless, it is a RUMOR. You know how many trades have fallen or been discounted? Didn't Woj report that Bosh going to HOU was almost imminent? I do think they tampered since there has been much too many negotiations from both sides. This may have been going on for months now considering James probably knew Wiggins wasn't going to stay. But you have to admit that your argument is the definition of what you're calling others; hypocrites.

Blah Blah Blah
08-09-2014, 01:46 PM
This won't get Vetoed imo. I don't see how they NBA can even get concrete proof of anything right now. It's just the media hyping it up cuz they need yet another story for ratings maybe.

WITZ
08-09-2014, 01:50 PM
This won't get Vetoed imo. I don't see how they NBA can even get concrete proof of anything right now. It's just the media hyping it up cuz they need yet another story for ratings maybe.

Apparently Woj reporting it is enough proof for some people :laugh2:

Goose17
08-09-2014, 01:53 PM
That wasn't his final report though. Thing with rumors is they constantly change and update.

Exactly, and has he made it his final report that "Lebron caused 9/11" or whatever dumb *** conspiracy you're buying into? No. He hasn't. He's reporting rumours, which as you said, constantly change and update.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Do you have proof that this trade "rumor" is even true? You have no proof that Love was traded to Cleveland, yet that isn't stopping you from running along with it as if it's fact. Know what that's called? Hypocrisy. As well as bias.

Okay well let me phrase it this way. IF Cleveland has some sort of backdoor deal with Kevin Love that he'll resign and this was done through a conversation how can the NBA prove this? Do they have some sort of recording? Unless they have some physical proof other than hearsay how will they prove it? And let's not pretend that this doesn't go on with every other franchise. If you're stupid enough to get caught then you deserve the fines. I don't blame the Cavs for getting some sort of assurance that he will resign with them next season. They are giving up flexibility and one of the top prospects in the past ten years.

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 02:08 PM

And all rumors aren't created equal.

JoeDirt05
08-09-2014, 02:17 PM

I said the same exact thing the night of thevlottery results everyone in the league loved lebron in cleveland he was very likeable by far the most popular player in the league when he left everyone started hating again by going back the league will paint him as a savior!

The odds of winning the lottery 3 out of 4 times is like 1 in a few billion if not trillion if it wasnt rigged at all dan gilbert should have been buying mega million tickets and winning 250 million a pop

joeyc77
08-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Okay well let me phrase it this way. IF Cleveland has some sort of backdoor deal with Kevin Love that he'll resign and this was done through a conversation how can the NBA prove this? Do they have some sort of recording? Unless they have some physical proof other than hearsay how will they prove it? And let's not pretend that this doesn't go on with every other franchise. If you're stupid enough to get caught then you deserve the fines. I don't blame the Cavs for getting some sort of assurance that he will resign with them next season. They are giving up flexibility and one of the top prospects in the past ten years.

The thing is the Cavs have zero reassurance that K Love will resign next year other than what he says today. Nothing he says to them is binding. If he wants, he can opt out next offseason and play for whatever team he wants and the Cavs have nothing to say about it.

Woj was stupid to even report it and I think that's the point ESPN is tiring to make.

FlashBolt
08-09-2014, 02:28 PM

Exactly. There's no doubt all NBA teams tamper. It's just whether or not NBA finds out and quite frankly, this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

TheNumber37
08-09-2014, 02:29 PM
There you have it. Cavs get Greg Monroe, Love goes to the Pistons

Arch Stanton
08-09-2014, 02:33 PM
The thing is the Cavs have zero reassurance that K Love will resign next year other than what he says today. Nothing he says to them is binding. If he wants, he can opt out next offseason and play for whatever team he wants and the Cavs have nothing to say about it.

Woj was stupid to even report it and I think that's the point ESPN is tiring to make.

Exactly, legally Love doesn't owe the Cavs anything after this season. However, the Cavs can pay him more money than any other team, and Love would be playing on potentially the best team in the NBA with Irving, and LeBron. So that would be hard to leave for another team that may or may not have the cap space. I don't think they are dumb enough to have a binding written agreement.

joeyc77
08-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Exactly, legally Love doesn't owe the Cavs anything after this season. However, the Cavs can pay him more money than any other team, and Love would be playing on potentially the best team in the NBA with Irving, and LeBron. So that would be hard to leave for another team that may or may not have the cap space. I don't think thy are dumb enough to have a binding written agreement.

Right. As it seems now right now, Love should be almost a lock to resign with the Cavs. But a lot can happen in a year. Howard looked to be a lock to resign in LA as well.

This is a risk for the Cavs. It could turn out very bad for them.

Shlumpledink
For basketball reasons? Oh wait this trade isn't helping the Lakers, so it will not be blocked.

Clippersfan86
Flashbolt what am I doing to be a hypocrite? I have zero issue with people believing the trade or that tampering etc didn't happen. All I ask is that I get to voice my opinion on the topic without being attacked off tangent. All I did was say I suspect tampering/collusion. I was the one who got called out, not the other way around. Goose seems to think I have a deep seeded hatred for Lebron just because of my opinion on the Love trade. Which is a shaky theory at best. I've defended Lebron a lot of times here.

KINGOFSPORTS
08-09-2014, 02:56 PM
I hope it doesn't go through.

Cavs should keep Wiggins + Bennet + the #1

Kyben36
08-09-2014, 03:05 PM
This is about Kevin Loves contract . He cannot sign an extension with Cleveland as part of this deal. He can only resign with the Cavs after opting out next offseason and at that point he's free to do as he wishes. He can literally go back to Minny at that point. It's a huge risk by the Cavs. So, yes, if the trade is somehow contingent on Love resigning then I guess it would be blocked. But somehow I doubt two professional franchises would agree to something when anyone with Google could tell them otherwise.

ESPN is just boasting their chest to make everyone aware of how stupid that part of the Woj report was.

Would the Cavs have the cap room to sign him back???, Kyrie contract kicks in, James's max, and a few of the younger guys eat that cap space away.

joeyc77
08-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Would the Cavs have the cap room to sign him back???, Kyrie contract kicks in, James's max, and a few of the younger guys eat that cap space away.

They own his bird rights so yes they can resign Love and go over the cap. That's not an issue at all.

This only issue is if Love decides he'd rather play somewhere else. Cavs can offer more money but nothing he tells them at this point is binding.

Goose17
08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Goose seems to think I have a deep seeded hatred for Lebron just because of my opinion on the Love trade. Which is a shaky theory at best. I've defended Lebron a lot of times here.

That and the fact that you dedicated an entire thread to discussing how they're not going to be good and hating on all the moves they made.

Oh and the fact that you hate Lebron for supposedly "tampering" and have yet to blame Love for any of it (if it is in fact true). Even if it was tampering, why is it Lebrons fault? Love is the one who made the decision. The franchises are the ones that made the deal. Not Lebron.

Clippersfan86
08-09-2014, 03:27 PM
That and the fact that you dedicated an entire thread to discussing how they're not going to be good and hating on all the moves they made.

Oh and the fact that you hate Lebron for supposedly "tampering" and have yet to blame Love for any of it (if it is in fact true). Even if it was tampering, why is it Lebrons fault? Love is the one who made the decision. The franchises are the ones that made the deal. Not Lebron.

1. Actually I never said Cleveland wouldn't be good. I said they would probably be the 3rd or 4th best team in the NBA and be a legit contender. What I was doing was tempering people's expectations who act like this team is a lock for an instant title, or being a dynasty (people even make a thread about this one LMAO!).

2. This isn't the first time Lebron has done this behind closed doors recruiting and possibly collusion is the issue. Love may have a history as being a piss poor leader/teammate or wanting out of Minny, but I never remember him begging players to play with him or handshake deals with players on opposing teams. So obviously I'm going to give Love more of the benefit of the doubt than Lebron. Hell if you believe Woj and other "sources" Love had ZERO interest in Cleveland until Lebron signed and reached out to him the next day.

3. I'm hating on the moves the Cavs made? If by hate you mean I called the moves brilliant and said David Griffin is the runaway Exec of the year, yes I'm hating :laugh2:.

Arch Stanton
08-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA
.@Aaron_88: Chances NBA blocks the Kevin Love trade? ---> Fairly low... I expect all parties to deny the level of future contract talk.

HoopKing
08-10-2014, 06:11 PM
No way they block this trade lol.

ManRam
08-10-2014, 06:25 PM
I said the same exact thing the night of thevlottery results everyone in the league loved lebron in cleveland he was very likeable by far the most popular player in the league when he left everyone started hating again by going back the league will paint him as a savior!

The odds of winning the lottery 3 out of 4 times is like 1 in a few billion if not trillion if it wasnt rigged at all dan gilbert should have been buying mega million tickets and winning 250 million a pop

2011: Cleveland had a 20% chance with their own pick and a 2.8% with LAC's.
2013: Cleveland had a 15.6% chance.
2014: Cleveland had a 1.7% chance.

It's a 0.06% chance. Incredibly rare. Not 1 in a few billion or trillion. It's about 1 every 1,700 times. It's not even remotely as rare as winning the lotto. The odds are better of you factor in the odds of winning in 2012, which I didn't even though that's what you assumed.

Again, rare...very rare. But you're a bit off.

But hey, if your conspiracy theory helps you sleep at night, that's alright with me. It's just silly to me that the league would risk so much in such a roundabout and convoluted way to ensure LeBron returned to Cleveland. Basically, you're suggesting that the league would rig multiple drafts to hopefully convince LeBron to go back to Cleveland. That's ridiculous. It's too risky and could be way too damaging...the pros of it happening don't at all even come close to outweighing the cons of risking it.

Zefflin
08-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Poetic justice if this got blocked.

JLeBeau76
08-10-2014, 07:52 PM
For everyone wishing this to be blocked, you do realize the consolation prize would be keeping two number one picks as well as a first round pick.

Heck, Bron haters should want this trade to happen so it ties up cap space and limits future flexibility.

This situation is win-win for the Cavs and as a Cavs fan, I'm fine either way this ends up going....though its pretty obvious it'll happen.

RedDinosaurGang
08-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the age of 24/7 news and entertainment. No scab is too small to be picked, no story too baseless or contrived to print. This is all conjecture. I'll pass!

NBA_Starter
08-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA
.@Aaron_88: Chances NBA blocks the Kevin Love trade? ---> Fairly low... I expect all parties to deny the level of future contract talk.

Good, if the NBA tries to help the Lakers here. :(