PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NBA Mock Playoffs 1st Round: (4) Atlanta Hawks vs (5) Indiana Pacers

Sadds The Gr8
08-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site took the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Atlanta has home court advantage.

Atlanta Depth Chart:
PG: Chris Paul - Andre Miller - Shelvin Mack
SG: Dion Waiters - Thabo Sefolosha - Mike Miller
SF: Marvin Williams - Andrei Kirilenko - Mike Miller
PF: Zach Randolph - Terrence Jones - Michael Beasley
C: Al Horford - Jason Smith - Elton Brand

Indiana Depth Chart:
C: Larry Sanders/Jermaine O'Neal/Joel Freeland
PF: Blake Griffin/DeJuan Blair/Anthony Randolph
SF: Paul Pierce/Matt Barnes/
SG: Wes Matthews/Anthony Morrow/
PG: Jeff Teague/Nate Robinson/Steve Nash

I Rock Shaqs
08-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Damn that Indiana team is ***.

unleashthebeast
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm biased because I'm the Hawks GM, but I don't see this matchup being very close. CP3 leads the Hawks to a 5 game series win

mightybosstone
08-07-2014, 07:54 PM
I love that Atlanta team and they've very deep, but I would start Sefolosha or Kirilenko over Marvin Williams for defensive and popularity purposes. I actually think Indiana is a damn good basketball team, although Larry Sanders' last season certainly doesn't do them any favors. But it sucks that of all the players Griffin had to face in the first round, it happened to be the one guy that has so often been his kryptonite in the playoffs: Zach Randolph. But Atlanta is just better balanced and more talented. I think they win in 6 games, but it's not that close of a series.

Jets012
08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
I think you can't forget that Marvin Williams and Dion Waiters aren't really starting caliber players. I think a savy veteran like Pierce and a top 8 SG in Wesley Matthews would really give them issues,especially since both are solid defenders.

You can hate on Larry all you want, but he's a pretty good fit for Blake. Say what you want about him, his defensive RAPM was still #1 in the league. He's still an athletic defensive anchor which best suites Blake.

KnicksorBust
08-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Pacers.

Corey
08-08-2014, 01:14 AM
bump