PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion Leaning Towards Cavs

Nikeman
08-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 2h
Yahoo Sources: Free agent forward Shawn Marion leaning toward signing with Cleveland over Indiana. http://yhoo.it/1AWgICP

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 3h
Marion hasn't formalized agreement with Cavs yet, but Indiana's already looking elsewhere than Marion for free agent help, sources said.

goingfor28
08-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Not surprised

bucketss
08-07-2014, 12:50 AM
hes not that good

JNA17
08-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Decent signing. Not sure what else he even has left in the tank but he won't be asked to do much either.

prodigy
08-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Omg what a bench cavs are building is Marion goes there. Yes he's getting old and not the player he was. But 10-6 last season shooting 48% is nothing to mock. Guy can still play and a good defender.

Haywood, TT, Marion, miller, Della, Jones, maybe Allen lmao.

Mr.B
08-07-2014, 02:00 AM
I watched pretty much every Mavs game last year and Marion has become one of my favorite all time players. I can tell you that on the defensive end dude is still elite! He can really guard any position from the 1 to the 4. He especially great at guarding smaller PG's. On the offensive end he really sucks though. He's a horrible shooter with horrible form. The one thing on the offensive end that he's really good at though is getting put backs. He's good at getting close to the rim and shooting an awkward looking jump hook or a floated. The problem is that he tends to shoot ball way too hard. Most of his rebounds come on getting his own rebound (a couple of times a game) and getting a put back. Other than that his offensive game is nonexistent. I do think it would be a signing for the Cave though.

Ebbs
08-07-2014, 02:22 AM
Defensively he's still damn good. But his off balance floaters are obnoxious. His shooting is also still hilarious.

seikou8
08-07-2014, 02:27 AM
cavs need someone like this good move if it does indeed happen

ThuglifeJ
08-07-2014, 02:35 AM
Matrix. Always been a fan of his game. But after watching him last season, he's gotta be one of the worst players in the league right now. IDC what stats say, without that system in Dallas he's gonna be worthless. Coming from a fan of his growing up.

arlubas
08-07-2014, 04:34 AM
Someone has to guard people over in Cleveland and this signing addresses that, no matter how much the Matrix has declined on the offensive end. Cleveland doesn't lack in that end of the court anyway. Marion is a perfect fit for them.

PurpleLynch
08-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Good signing,they need good defensive players with playoffs experience. I dunno how much is still left in his tank,but he'll have a limited role,so it's alright.

Yanks All Day
08-07-2014, 08:58 AM
With Love, Cleveland doesn't need offense. LeBron, Kyrie, Love, and Waiters are all legitimate scorers and Miller, Varejao, and Allen (assuming he signs) are perfect offensive role players.

Defensively, LeBron, Marion, Miller, and Varejao can all hold their own with almost anyone. Ray Allen still has some defensive ability left in him. Love is not a good defender by any stretch. It's now on Irving and Waiters to up their defensive games. If the guards can become even average defenders, Cleveland is set up nicely.

Marion was the perfect addition. Doesn't need to play offense, but good defensive veteran at a minimum price.

omdigga
08-07-2014, 09:16 AM
perfect pickup for the cavs if the deal gets done.

koreancabbage
08-07-2014, 09:48 AM
just need rebounders and defenders. and occasionally hit the three.

Mr.B
08-07-2014, 10:09 AM
just need rebounders and defenders. and occasionally hit the three.
I wouldn't count on Marion hitting that three very often. He's really bad! He will definitely help them on the defensive end though.

prodigy
08-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Avg 10 points shooting almost 50% lol I'll take that offense. But ya his d will be huge for the cavs.