PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #4 SG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
08-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings
1) James Harden
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Goran Dragic
4)
5)

2013 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) James Harden
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Paul George
5) Manu Ginobili
6) JR Smith
7) Tony Allen
8) Joe Johnson
9) Klay Thompson
10) Vince Carter

2012 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Manu Ginobili
4) James Harden
5) Joe Johnson
6) Monta Ellis
7) Eric Gordon
8) Paul George
9) Kevin Martin
10) Ray Allen

2011 Off-Season PSD SG Rankings

1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Manu Ginobili
4) Joe Johnson
5) Monta Ellis
6) Kevin Martin
7) Ray Allen
8) Eric Gordon
9) Jason Terry
10) James Harden

2010 Off-Season SG Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Brandon Roy
4) Joe Johnson
5) Manu Ginobili
6) Monta Ellis
7) Ray Allen
8) Stephen Jackson
9) O.J. Mayo
10) Jason Richardson

2009 Off-Season SG Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Brandon Roy
4) Joe Johnson
5) Vince Carter
6) Manu Ginobili
7) Ray Allen
8) Kevin Martin
9) Ben Gordon
10) Richard Hamilton

2008 Off-Season SG rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Tracy McGrady
4) Allen Iverson
5) Manu Ginobili
5) Vince Carter
7) Joe Johnson
8) Ray Allen
9) Brandon Roy
10) Kevin Martin

TodWilkinson
08-07-2014, 12:49 AM
For me it's between Derozen and Ginobili here.

SPURSFAN1
08-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Manu for sure. Easy pick.

TheSilentBang
08-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Between DeRozan and Stephenson for me here...

ATX
08-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Manu for sure. Easy pick.

Ginobli 12.3/3.0/4.3 (37 years old)

DeRozan 22.7/4.3/4.0 (25 years old, Happy Birthday DeRozan)

How is this "Manu for sure" and an "Easy pick"?? Besides DeRozan currently has 73% of the vote here to Ginobli's 9%.

Goose17
08-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Klay Thompson.

Goose17
08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Splash brother. Weed. Defense and upside. Homer. Whatever.

Sadds The Gr8
08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Rozan.

dalton749
08-07-2014, 04:46 PM
derozan wins
whos next at 5? its wide open

Bruno
08-07-2014, 05:32 PM
I like Klay here. It would have been derozen but Klays defense on chris paul in the playoffs swung my vote here.

dalton749
08-07-2014, 06:13 PM
I like Klay here. It would have been derozen but Klays defense on chris paul in the playoffs swung my vote here.

his overall d rating was a terrible 117 though lol
hes a solid defender but boguts presence has a noticable impact on those numbers

IversonIsKrazy
08-08-2014, 12:47 AM
You should prlly keep these open for a bit longer.

bgdreton
08-08-2014, 04:20 AM
hes a solid defender but boguts presence has a noticable impact on those numbers

He is easily the best defender of all the sg except for Lance. My heart says Klay but my brain says deroz...

Sadds The Gr8
08-08-2014, 02:12 PM
That's essentially a team stat. Klay played cp3 very well

dalton749
08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
That's essentially a team stat. Klay played cp3 very well

i know
its more to show that they suck on d without bogut and hes not as great as hes made out to be on d

DoMeFavors
08-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Joe kiled Demar in playoffs, I dont see how he has so many votes

dalton749
08-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Joe kiled Demar in playoffs, I dont see how he has so many votes

Demar didn't guard joe that much. They had nobody who could matchup with him well which was their biggest weakness last year.
He killed everyone though. He went god mode on them floaters lol

bgdreton
08-08-2014, 05:19 PM
i know
its more to show that they suck on d without bogut and hes not as great as hes made out to be on d

Wow you just contradicted youreslf in your statement.

dalton749
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Wow you just contradicted youreslf in your statement.

not really
its saying that if he were that good on defense between him and iggy, they wouldnt allow such a horrible rating that is 7 points worse than the regular season antoni lakers

5ass
08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe derozen here, but afflalo is better than klay.

dalton749
08-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Maybe derozen here, but afflalo is better than klay.

klay will get voted next, but an argument could be made for matthews, afflalo, lance, monta, johnson, beal, hayward, ginobli, beal
theyre all in the same category imo

True Rocket
08-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Klay Thompson

Bruno
08-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Oladipo should be an option, I'm inclined to select him as soon as 6th. I think he finishes the season as a top four PG. I like him at 6th.

Allphakenny1
08-08-2014, 08:50 PM
klay will get voted next, but an argument could be made for matthews, afflalo, lance, monta, johnson, beal, hayward, ginobli, beal
theyre all in the same category imo

Klay is in the same category as Derozan. I give a slight edge to Derozan, but it is very close. Lance, Beal and maybe Ginobli could possibly beat Klay, but Affalo, Matthews, Ellis are a tier below.

dalton749
08-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Klay is in the same category as Derozan. I give a slight edge to Derozan, but it is very close. Lance, Beal and maybe Ginobli could possibly beat Klay, but Affalo, Matthews, Ellis are a tier below.

no hes not
derozan on golden state would put up closer to 25/5/5
hes a great transition player but toronto doesnt play a transition game at all, getting to run, along side curry he would be way better

ManRam
08-08-2014, 10:42 PM
It's taken us 50 days to get thru 14 players. We're not even gonna get close to finishing this before the season starts at this pace....

Allphakenny1
08-09-2014, 01:17 AM
no hes not
derozan on golden state would put up closer to 25/5/5
hes a great transition player but toronto doesnt play a transition game at all, getting to run, along side curry he would be way better

The homer in you is very strong. I agree that Derozan is the better player right now, but if you feel like he is a whole tier above Klay then you need to watch some West Coast basketball and quit going to bed so damn early!

dalton749
08-09-2014, 03:38 AM
The homer in you is very strong. I agree that Derozan is the better player right now, but if you feel like he is a whole tier above Klay then you need to watch some West Coast basketball and quit going to bed so damn early!

i live on the west coast lol
he is a number 1 option right now, and lead his team to a top 10 offense and 48 wins
hes better suited for a 1b or 2nd option though

klay is a third option, different level
if klay is your best option you arent going to do very well

maybe you need to watch some east coast basketball?

Allphakenny1
08-09-2014, 12:20 PM
If Derozan is your #1 option in the west then that team is not even winning 30 games. Just because he get wins in the east does not make him a great player. In fact, he would not even be an all-star if he played in the west.

dalton749
08-09-2014, 02:22 PM
If Derozan is your #1 option in the west then that team is not even winning 30 games. Just because he get wins in the east does not make him a great player. In fact, he would not even be an all-star if he played in the west.

these arguments are pathetic hes a transition player playing in a grind it out offense, hes meant for westcoast ball
suddenly transfering a team from the east to the west their above 500 record against the conference goes out the window

bgdreton
08-09-2014, 02:55 PM

Yes you did.... First you say he is terrible then you say he is a solid defender and then you use his defensive rating on a series where Bogut wasn't playing and his replacement was David Lee. I'm not sure of a team that if their starting center goes down and their defensive rating goes up.

ManningToTyree
08-09-2014, 04:33 PM
The field at this position is pathetic compared to what it used to be. I guess Manu or Derozen

dalton749
08-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Yes you did.... First you say he is terrible then you say he is a solid defender and then you use his defensive rating on a series where Bogut wasn't playing and his replacement was David Lee. I'm not sure of a team that if their starting center goes down and their defensive rating goes up.

i said his rating was terrible, not him
i think hes a solid defender, but bogut has a big part in making him look better than he is on that end of the floor
i would have never expected the numbers to go up, but they shouldnt plummet to ratings that could be compared to that of a pylon, or worse, jose calderon

bgdreton
08-09-2014, 11:21 PM
i said his rating was terrible, not him
i think hes a solid defender, but bogut has a big part in making him look better than he is on that end of the floor
i would have never expected the numbers to go up, but they shouldnt plummet to ratings that could be compared to that of a pylon, or worse, jose calderon

Cool!

Allphakenny1
08-10-2014, 02:40 AM
these arguments are pathetic hes a transition player playing in a grind it out offense, hes meant for westcoast ball
suddenly transfering a team from the east to the west their above 500 record against the conference goes out the window

You have no idea what you are talking about. If Kevin Love as the best player does not come close to the playoffs, you believe Derozan could lead a team to the playoffs in the west?