PDA

View Full Version : Billboard mocking LeBron rises in Ohio

still1ballin
08-06-2014, 07:01 PM
AKRON, Ohio -

LeBron James may never forget his hometown of Cleveland, but someone is making sure he won't forget his adopted hometown either.

A new billboard that stands above the streets of Akron, Ohio gently mocks LeBron, reminding him that his two NBA championships were won with the Miami Heat.

The wizard behind the curtain who pulled all the strings to make the billboard happen was popular TV and radio host Dan LeBatard.
Quick Clicks

After being rejected in his attempt to get ads with the same message placed in Ohio newspapers, LeBatard finally broke through with the billboard.

Since LeBron announced his decision to return to the Cavaliers last month, many Heat fans are upset that the 4-time NBA Most Valuable Player never thanked them for their support during his four seasons in Miami.

Well, if LeBron refuses to recognize Heat fans, someone's making darn sure that he remembers that a major part of his legend was created in South Florida.

http://www.local10.com/sports/billboard-mocking-lebron-rises-in-ohio/27338748

Dan LeBatard :pity:

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Sour grapes?

WITZ
08-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Acting like the bitter ex girlfriend. Way to stay classy :laugh2:

beasted86
08-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Him mentioning fans and the city in his letter would have been nice, but he doesn't have to... doesn't owe us anything.

He did owe it to the franchise owner Arison, and president Riley though not to string them along for 11 days knowing damn well he made up his mind a few weeks ago. That's the only thing I see that LeBron didn't do right in this free agency. But him telling an empty "thanks, guys!" doesn't change whatever hurt people were going to have in their hearts about him leaving.

So, yeah... sour grapes.

goingfor28
08-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Lebatard and his show both suck. What a loser

0nekhmer
08-06-2014, 07:53 PM
You're welcome? They wouldn't have won **** without lebron, and he's openly thanked them already. This coming from a raptors fan smh

Ariza's Better
08-06-2014, 08:03 PM
What happened? Until the last week or two heat fans were okay with Lebron leaving. Now all of the sudden it's changed.

jaydubb
08-06-2014, 08:09 PM
In 2 years, that billboard will say, "thanks for the memories lebron, now gtfo"

nickdymez
08-06-2014, 08:14 PM
The heat rented LeBron

h2r09
08-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Lol lebatard is doing this for his own amusement and to cause a ruckus just like cleveland would do at any turn while he was here. Lebatard has already said he is just doing it amuse himself.

He is also flying planes with messages over the akron event on friday.

Sadds The Gr8
08-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Lebatard is a clown.

h2r09
08-06-2014, 08:18 PM
What happened? Until the last week or two heat fans were okay with Lebron leaving. Now all of the sudden it's changed.

Im a heat fan who is ok with him leaving while at the same time pissed that he was doing all this stuff behind the scenes making the heat think he is coming back when he had clearly made up his mind.

Big Zo
08-06-2014, 08:21 PM
He didn't say thank you because he knows he's coming back, anyway...

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Him mentioning fans and the city in his letter would have been nice, but he doesn't have to... doesn't owe us anything.

He did owe it to the franchise owner Arison, and president Riley though not to string them along for 11 days knowing damn well he made up his mind a few weeks ago. That's the only thing I see that LeBron didn't do right in this free agency. But him telling an empty "thanks, guys!" doesn't change whatever hurt people were going to have in their hearts about him leaving.

So, yeah... sour grapes.
It just adds to the other very many douche actions he has made. When you run to another team and win championships w/ them you must be grateful, respectful and have an appreciation for everything including fans who continued to give and show him support for 4 seasons while the rest of the world caved in on him. "He doesn't owe us anything?" really? he owes Miami a world of gratitude and respect, including it's fans. There has to be something wrong with you if you think Miami Heat fans are not a big part of the organization and does not deserve any respect.

JdKing7
08-06-2014, 08:33 PM
He got it all wrong. It should say "You're welcome Miami Love, Lebron."

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
It just adds to the other very many douche actions he has made. When you run to another team and win championships w/ them you must be grateful, respectful and have an appreciation for everything including fans who continued to give and show him support for 4 seasons while the rest of the world caved in on him. "He doesn't owe us anything?" really? he owes Miami a world of gratitude and respect, including it's fans. There has to be something wrong with you if you think Miami Heat fans are not a big part of the organization and does not deserve any respect.

You act like he ran to the Heat and he was given the titles. He's the reason the Heat won the titles.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2014, 08:35 PM
The heat rented LeBron

Pretty damn good rental. Lebron won them 2 championships.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2014, 08:36 PM

So, yeah... sour grapes.

Yea, people are just looking for empty things. Basically, egos got hurt and they didn't get what they want so they resort to bitterness.

DarkKnight
08-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Yup, such a loser. Says the internet guy with A Rod avi

Arod >>>>>Fattard

NBA_Starter
08-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Somebodys mad!:nod:

The Flash
08-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Some people say LeBron won us two rings but they don't understand that he came to Miami to win his first ring.He had to do it , not because he's probably one of the best ever to play this game but because people judge great players by how many rings they have, and the HEAT organization made it possible. There was nothing wrong with him going back, i'm sure that most of HEAT fans appreciated him while he was here and will always appreciate him for giving us 4 amazing years.

What not many people talk about, and many Miami fans know, is how he left again, but i guess there's no way of making his departure easy for any organization or fan base.

The Flash
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Arod >>>>>Fattard

thanks for you contribution

Dade County
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
You're welcome? They wouldn't have won **** without lebron, and he's openly thanked them already. This coming from a raptors fan smh

He wouldn't have won anything either.

But I am pretty sure Pat would have surrounded Wade & Bosh with a better team, then Lbj would of had in Cleveland.

The HEAT probably would have made it to the finals (not saying they would win though).

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
You act like he ran to the Heat and he was given the titles. He's the reason the Heat won the titles.
lol THAT IS EXACTLY what happened. Well done for reiterating.

sep11ie
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Im a heat fan who is ok with him leaving while at the same time pissed that he was doing all this stuff behind the scenes making the heat think he is coming back when he had clearly made up his mind.

Which is exactly what he did when joining Miami.

GREATNESS ONE
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM
:laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
08-06-2014, 09:17 PM

:laugh:

The Flash
08-06-2014, 09:25 PM

That is also true, but nobody talks about it this time.

*Silver&Black*
08-06-2014, 09:28 PM
This is what everyone gets for being fans of the NBA. You should know by now, this sport is separated by 2 things:

1. the fans that root for teams, having pride in sticking through the good and bad.

2. the players that jump to where there is better winning situations and marketability for shoe deals/etc, and the fans that bandwagon with them.

Point is, fans of teams shouldn't give a crap about the name on the back of the jersey, but how this league is ran, they pretty much tell you to not give a crap about the teams, and more about individual players that hops from city to city, jersey after jersey.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2014, 09:32 PM

False. But thanks for playing.

Chronz
08-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Didn't he call Miami his 2nd home?

jimm120
08-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I think most people that LEBRON made the championships happen in Miami, not the Heat organization.

If anything, I'd be extremely grateful as a Heat fan that my team had gotten the #1 player and he guided the team to 4 straight finals and 2 championships.

Why be bitter? Be thankful.

Sorry to the people that are against Lebron now form Florida, but it was Lebron.

bucketss
08-06-2014, 09:37 PM
give it to me again give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!

h2r09
08-06-2014, 09:39 PM

That doesnt make it ok. He was wrong both times. Im not arguing he came to miami cleanly. two wrongs don't make a right.

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 09:40 PM
False. But thanks for playing.
i ain't playin' bud

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Didn't he call Miami his 2nd home?
he says alot of crap. he's disingenuous.

Quinnsanity
08-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Did LeBatard watch those two title teams? I don't know what percentage of it was LeBron as opposed to Miami but honestly I'd say it's somewhere in the 80's or 90's LeBron's way. This is just ridiculous.

beasted86
08-06-2014, 09:52 PM

Fans are not technically the same as the franchise/management/staff itself. He thanked the HEAT organization.

I as a fan who supported him during all the hatred, and esentially helped Micky Arison pay his contract by buying tickets and watching HEAT games would have liked a thank you, but its not an "obligation". I can do with it or without it personally. I'm a fan of the HEAT, not LeBron James. I don't want or need anything from LeBron, so I'd guess it might be mutual feelings on his part.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2014, 09:56 PM
i ain't playin' bud

Well you answered wrong either way.

beasted86
08-06-2014, 10:00 PM
I think most people that LEBRON made the championships happen in Miami, not the Heat organization.

If anything, I'd be extremely grateful as a Heat fan that my team had gotten the #1 player and he guided the team to 4 straight finals and 2 championships.

Why be bitter? Be thankful.

Sorry to the people that are against Lebron now form Florida, but it was Lebron.

LeBron choked away the team's 2011 title. When his teammates returned the favor in 2014 he essentially said "**** you, you suck, bye!". What if Wade in 2011 said to the HEAT management "Let's get rid of this choking bum and trade him for Durant"?

LeBron needed the HEAT organization and players and management. He needed to get that monkey off his shoulder, that's why he left Cleveland for Miami. If in a parallel reality where LeBron stayed in Cleveland and was in 2014 with no championships still he'd either probably commit suicide or go sign for the vet minimum on some other roster. That's how distraught/desperate he'd be at this point.

Big Zo
08-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Did LeBatard watch those two title teams? I don't know what percentage of it was LeBron as opposed to Miami but honestly I'd say it's somewhere in the 80's or 90's LeBron's way. This is just ridiculous.

But of course while he was here, it was all about: "LeBron can only win with an all-star team, he's lucky that Ray Allen bailed him out, etc."

bucketss
08-06-2014, 10:06 PM
LeBron choked away the team's 2011 title. When his teammates returned the favor in 2014 he essentially said "**** you, you suck, bye!". What if Wade in 2011 said to the HEAT management "Let's get rid of this choking bum and trade him for Durant"?

LeBron needed the HEAT organization and players and management. He needed to get that monkey off his shoulder, that's why he left Cleveland for Miami. If in a parallel reality where LeBron stayed in Cleveland and was in 2014 with no championships still he'd either probably commit suicide or go sign for the vet minimum on some other roster. That's how distraught/desperate he'd be at this point.

wade asking pat to trade lebron is completely different to what happened here, a free agent choosing where he wants to go.

JustinTime
08-06-2014, 10:08 PM

So, yeah... sour grapes.

I hate Lebron more than anyone but he did thank you guys http://instagram.com/p/qU7tVTCTLh/?modal=true

Jeffy25
08-06-2014, 10:21 PM
LeBatard sucks

Lebron doesn't owe Miami anything, Miami should be thanking him for coming at all and bringing those rings

Don't act like the bitter ex girlfriend, appreciate the times and move on

Dade County
08-06-2014, 11:08 PM
I hate Lebron more than anyone but he did thank you guys http://instagram.com/p/qU7tVTCTLh/?modal=true

I think some fans wanted a thank you in the later he wrote. Or he comes out and says it himself...idk

DarkKnight
08-06-2014, 11:16 PM
thanks for you contribution

you got it Flash , hey enjoy the season !

MonroeFAN
08-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I think Lebron could have gone to pretty much any other team besides Cleveland and won a championship. Miami should be thanking him. No comment on Labatard.

cmellofan15
08-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I really enjoyed the comic sans jab at Gilbert, other than that it's pretty stupid.

rex.reyesiii
08-07-2014, 12:29 AM

LOL exactly! Funny how people forget the first trip to the Finals with MIA. LOL

and the sweeping he got from SAS with his Cavs in the Finals

and

LOL.

:)

0nekhmer
08-07-2014, 01:22 AM
^lol these heat fans actually agreeing with him? I think most of your fanbase is here on the main NBA forum looking for LeBron threads than actually spending time in your subsection.

edit: actually, the HEATTTTTT! subsection has like 5 threads on the main page dated June, damn it's been a ghost town even before Lebron made the letter!

WITZ
08-07-2014, 01:28 AM
This clown actually got 6 six signs put up :laugh2: what is the point of them again besides looking salty?

prodigy
08-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Umm lebron won Miami two rings. Wade was def a big help but lebron was main guy. I can't believe heat fans would even be mad. The guy won you 2 ships and wanted to go home. Smh...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2014, 01:37 AM

No one is forgetting those. People are jsut saying they wouldn't win in 2012 and 2013 without LEbron. He was the most important player. Heat wouldn't even touch finals if it wasn't for Lebron.

rex.reyesiii
08-07-2014, 05:57 AM
No one is forgetting those. People are jsut saying they wouldn't win in 2012 and 2013 without LEbron. He was the most important player. Heat wouldn't even touch finals if it wasn't for Lebron.

And we're saying he couldn't have won it in Cleveland. He wouldn't have touched a repeat ring without Ray Allen err I mean touched the finals without this Heat "team".

Master Mind
08-07-2014, 06:29 AM

Well actually that was from the Heat team page, Lebron just copied and pasted it and added a ďas well" to it. He has to feel liked

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 06:38 AM
and you have to hate. What's a matter buddy, kids picking on you at school?

Master Mind
08-07-2014, 06:41 AM
No one is knocking him for wanting to go home but even that reasoning seems like a ploy. It was really about his legend and brand and it's quite genius but he burned some bridges on the way back. You don't do a first class organization like that, ignoring texts and emails from a legendary coach/exec, keeping your boys (Wade&Bosh) in the dark, calling Dion Waiters and giving him the heads up. That right there my friends is shady business. But I guess it's the name of the game. Loyalty is hard to come by in sports.

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Sorry for the snotty remark and baiting, clearly you have thought this out further than most lebron haters.

PhillyFaninLA
08-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Loyalty is for fans not owners or players. We where here first and will be here after they leave.

I also think with Lebron had he gone to any team other than the Cavs you can call him what you want. He want back to his roots, can't fault him for that.

I'd prefer players to be loyal but this is there careers and this is business for them, as long as they are following the rules in the CBA they aren't doing anything wrong.

ManRam
08-07-2014, 09:51 AM
I love Le Betard, but this is just stupid.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I think if you actually listen to his show, youd know he's actually a very sensible person with respect to sports and is constantly laughing at people, like the ones in this very thread, who take sports WAAAY to seriously.
I think the simple fact that there are people out there fuming about this gets him off. my hats off to him for the ultimate troll job.

BTW he has consistently backed LeBrons right to go where he wants and the fact that there is nothing wrong with an athlete wanting to go back home.

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 10:20 AM
^ From listening to his show (and watching him fill in on PTI) I can tell you the only thing I learned is that he was fat and obnoxious.

I use to hate when the guy would take cheap shots at the city of Detroit when we would play them. Such creative journalism. Sports are his job, why would he not take it seriously? Better yet, why laugh (mock) people who do? Insecure fatty.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 10:27 AM
^ From listening to his show (and watching him fill in on PTI) I can tell you the only thing I learned is that he was fat and obnoxious.

I use to hate when the guy would take cheap shots at the city of Detroit when we would play them. Such creative journalism. Sports are his job, why would he not take it seriously? Better yet, why laugh (mock) people who do? Insecure fatty.

he did for many year, hes the one that broke the uncle luke UM situation. now he does a radio show, where being a clown and not taking **** seriously gets him better ratings and makes him nationally syndicated.

He laughs at people who take it seriously because its ridiculous, this is entertainment, chill out. you don't know these people, they don't know you and don't give a **** about you either. If i die tomorrow, the Miami Heat aren't going to give a **** and ive had season tickets for 20 years. their accomplishments are not yours, so relax and enjoy the game for what it is.

He makes fun of everyone, himself and Miami included, so, with all due respect, learn how to take a joke.

theheatles
08-07-2014, 10:31 AM
LeBatard is just poking fun to keep himself occupied during this slow sports period. LeBatard has zero emotional interest outside of making more money, just like LeBron. If you heard LeBatards radio show the day LeBron announced his return, then you'd understand. LeBatard was talking down his producer Mike Ryan because he was sounding all depressed and LeBatard just bluntly said, "but Mike you and all these fans being so emotionally invested is why I'M RICH!" and then you hear radio silence for like 15 seconds and then a burst of laughter, cut to commercial

But LeBron is more in debt to Miami and The Miami Heat organization than Miami is to him. If anything LeBron did more harm to the Heat brand by bringing his despicable haters to just hate unabashedly on Heat nation. Heat fans had to deal with hoards of the dumbest, most ignorant and hateful beings in the sports universe. Do you not understand the media pressure that was building on LeBron by not winning a championship? LeBron's brand would be completely ****ed if he hadn't won a championship by now and that's what he really cares about.

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM
he did for many year, hes the one that broke the uncle luke UM situation. now he does a radio show, where being a clown and not taking **** seriously gets him better ratings and makes him nationally syndicated.

He laughs at people who take it seriously because its ridiculous, this is entertainment, chill out. you don't know these people, they don't know you and don't give a **** about you either. If i die tomorrow, the Miami Heat aren't going to give a **** and ive had season tickets for 20 years. their accomplishments are not yours, so relax and enjoy the game for what it is.

He makes fun of everyone, himself and Miami included, so, with all due respect, learn how to take a joke.

Who are you swearing at? I know how to take a joke, he's not funny. He's a turd. I have numerous accomplishments of my own, I don't need to live life vicariously through the eyes of an athlete. But it's his job, and it's pretty obvious that he covers up the fact that he doesn't know anything about sports with his theatrics.

Seems like you should be the one chilling out. Seeing as you just spazzed out on your keyboard.

Heatles, LOL @ suggesting Lebron only cares about money. Come on man, the guy could have made more had he stayed. He cares about winning, and your organization handing a near max contract to a shell of a player probably made the decision pretty easy. Miami's loyalty towards Wade is what caused Lebron to leave.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Who are you swearing at? I know how to take a joke, he's not funny. He's a turd. I have numerous accomplishments of my own, I don't need to live life vicariously through the eyes of an athlete. But it's his job, and it's pretty obvious that he covers up the fact that he doesn't know anything about sports with his theatrics.

Seems like you should be the one chilling out. Seeing as you just spazzed out on your keyboard.

Heatles, LOL @ suggesting Lebron only cares about money. Come on man, the guy could have made more had he stayed. He cares about winning, and your organization handing a near max contract to a shell of a player probably made the decision pretty easy. Miami's loyalty towards Wade is what caused Lebron to leave.

easy there roid rage. who spazzed out? your whole post seems tense and defensive. cussing at someone and using cuss words are two totally different things. and I never once directed them at you so relax. the man has been a sports journalist for 20 plus years and im pretty sure he knows much more a bout sports than you do, perfectly displayed by you claiming the heat "handing a near max contract to a shell of a player probably made the decision pretty easy", when neither him or bosh signed until after LeBron left. I do agree that he doesn't care about the money as much as how people remember him, and at this point, leaving Miami for Cleveland makes him much more likeable in the public eye

Master Mind
08-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Moral of the story: It's ok for everyone to troll Miami

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Miami fans should be grateful instead of acting like a spurned ex-gf. Do you know how many teams would kill to have the best player in the world leave his hometown team and come play for them, lead their team to four straight finals and win two of them (along with multiple MVPs)? Damn near every single one of them.

I've gotten to watch one single championship from my favorite sports' teams in my entire lifetime so I have no patience for the section of this website acting like toddlers.

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 11:57 AM
easy there roid rage. who spazzed out? your whole post seems tense and defensive. cussing at someone and using cuss words are two totally different things. and I never once directed them at you so relax. the man has been a sports journalist for 20 plus years and im pretty sure he knows much more a bout sports than you do, perfectly displayed by you claiming the heat "handing a near max contract to a shell of a player probably made the decision pretty easy", when neither him or bosh signed until after LeBron left. I do agree that he doesn't care about the money as much as how people remember him, and at this point, leaving Miami for Cleveland makes him much more likeable in the public eye

Not sure how my original post was seen as being tense and defensive. I have no horse in this race, I just like Lebron and dislike Le Batard. Certainly not to the point of losing sleep over it though. I do think your fan base is being kind of lame here. It's not like you drafted him, and it's hard for me to believe that the heat could have won without him. It was a good situation for a few seasons, and then he had a change of heart.

Doesn't matter if Lebron left before or after Wade signed his contract. The organization is loyal to Wade to a fault. I'm not saying they're right or wrong for doing so, but you have to deal with the consequences. There was no secret that the Heat were going to offer Wade a ridiculous contract that he didn't deserve.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Not sure how my original post was seen as being tense and defensive. I have no horse in this race, I just like Lebron and dislike Le Batard. Certainly not to the point of losing sleep over it though.

No reason for us to continue on with this, agree to disagree.

you got it

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I edited my post, but I still stand by the suggestion of agreeing to disagree. I wasn't looking for a fight.

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Dan LeBaRETARD is at it again. Talk about sour grapes and kind of hypocritical. I guess LeBron gave his radio show some relevance and now that he's gone Dan LeBaRETARD is irrelevant once again. I hope Dan Gilbert sends a COMIC SANS thank you to Miami fans on their billboards.

Big Zo
08-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Dan LeBaRETARD is at it again. Talk about sour grapes and kind of hypocritical. I guess LeBron gave his radio show some relevance and now that he's gone Dan LeBaRETARD is irrelevant once again. I hope Dan Gilbert sends a COMIC SANS thank you to Miami fans on their billboards.

The only thing Dan Gilbert is gonna do is write another pissy letter in a year, or two.

MarcCrawford
08-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Did anyone expect him to not go back? Not even big on basketball but it was so obvious that's what he wanted. His mind was probably made up for a year

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2014, 02:54 PM
And we're saying he couldn't have won it in Cleveland. He wouldn't have touched a repeat ring without Ray Allen err I mean touched the finals without this Heat "team".

And that's fine if he couldn't have won it in Cleveland. But Lebron played a bigger part in the 2 championships than the rest of the Heat did, so I don't see why he needs to say "Thanks".

WITZ
08-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Did anyone expect him to not go back? Not even big on basketball but it was so obvious that's what he wanted. His mind was probably made up for a year

Tell that to heat fans some of them are clearly still butthurt after 2 championships and 4 trips to the finals.

ewing
08-07-2014, 03:25 PM
I know where to go if I need to score some blow! Because yes it does snow in Miami. They will need a lot of it to cope with LeBron leaving. Can't wait to smash the Heat this season.

are you knocking his city b/c its easy to score coke?

prodigy
08-07-2014, 03:34 PM
No it would be business as usual this coming season.
Sure. Only Cleveland can have LeBron for 7 years and not win anything. Lol

Didn't it take Jordan that long to though? Lol only the bulls smh...

ghettosean
08-07-2014, 03:46 PM

So, yeah... sour grapes.

Ahhhhhhhhhh the irony of it all.... The funny thing is that he did the same thing to Cleveland... LOL... He just strung along Dan Gilbert and Cav's fans while he did the decision and lets be real he knew long in advance that he was going to Miami in 2010.

Delrayhc
08-07-2014, 03:52 PM

I think most of us thought it was very likely that he would go back home but we were very surprised that it would be this soon. Personally I thought that he would at least stay for 2 more seasons to continue the finals appearances streak.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Well all that matters is going forward, and right now we are better than the cHeat. You can relish in watching your banners because they may be more exciting then watching the geriatric convention in the American Airlines Arena.

actually your pretty mediocre right now, LeBron, a 22 year old pg who produces less than wade and is hurt more than wade, waiters whos decent at best, the worst #1 pick since Thabeet, a rookie who hasn't played yet, and a pf who cant defend...oh yeah and varejao whos had 2 decent seasons his whole career.

not that they cant get better, but as of right now, its deja vu all over again.

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:00 PM
actually your pretty mediocre right now, LeBron, a 22 year old pg who produces less than wade and is hurt more than wade, waiters whos decent at best, the worst #1 pick since Thabeet, a rookie who hasn't played yet, and a pf who cant defend...oh yeah and varejao whos had 2 decent seasons his whole career.

They are better than the cHeat as it stands w/out the trade. They are way better than the cHeat with Love. Unless Wade can return to 2006 form of course.
Kyrie played more games than Wade last year (playoffs included). And Wade has knee issues, Kyrie does not have any chronic injuries.

WITZ
08-07-2014, 04:02 PM

Hes played more games than Wade in 2 of his 3 seasons try again. This Love trade really brought out the bitter heat fans :laugh2:

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:06 PM
They are better than the cHeat as it stands w/out the trade. They are way better than the cHeat with Love. Unless Wade can return to 2006 form of course.
Kyrie played more games than Wade last year (playoffs included). And Wade has knee issues, Kyrie does not have any chronic injuries.

first, they are not better than the heat as it stands.
second, wade producing how he has the last four years is more than enough, especially considering plus 50 % shooting
third, if you think a player who missed the majority of his only year in college, and only played 50 games in 2 of his first 3 years at 22, doesn't have chronic injury problems, you going to be very dissapointed

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Hes played more games than Wade in 2 of his 3 seasons try again. This Love trade really brought out the bitter heat fans :laugh2:

are you high? you realize he's played only 10 more games than wade in that span, not including the playoff games wades played.

and nothing about my posts are bitter, its all common sense a bball. that you don't agree is a different story

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Judging by your sig, i'm sure you'd love that. Is that supposed to be like the "Catholic Boat" on South Park? Do the players get "love" from Dan Gilbert?

Your mind just took a twisted turn. Don't over think it, this is about basketball! I'm sure there is some sort of fetish site you could find to play out your fantasies.

GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!!!

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:12 PM
I would like to correct my previous statement, its only 9 games

WITZ
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
second, wade producing how he has the last four years is more than enough, especially considering plus 50 % shooting
third, if you think a player who missed the majority of his only year in college, and only played 50 games in 2 of his first 3 years at 22, doesn't have chronic injury problems, you going to be very dissapointed

Wrong again 51,59,71 games played in his 3 years don't know where your getting 2 season from and one of those seasons was the strike shortened season.

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:17 PM

What chronic injuries does Kyrie Irving have? He definitely has been injured a lot (although last year he only missed a handful of games), but that doesn't mean he's injury prone. Greg Oden is injury prone. Wade is injury prone. Bynum is injury prone. They have chronic knee issues which never really go away.
Plus, now that he is not the #1 option teams cannot double up on him, and with the pending Love acquisition there will be less crowding in the paint allowing Irving to play to his strengths.
I'm not going to convince you that the Cavs are better than the Heat so you will just have to wait and see... and suffer... hahahahaha

Heatcheck
Wrong again 51,59,71 games played in his 3 years don't know where your getting 2 season from and one of those seasons was the strike shortened season.

excuse my ignorance, its still only 9 more games than wade, not including the fact wades played into late june the last 4 years.

Arch Stanton

Yeah I forgot about the shortened season so those 50 games are not as significant.

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
excuse my ignorance, its still only 9 more games than wade, not including the fact wades played into late june the last 4 years.

He played more games than Wade last year without going to the finals.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:19 PM
What chronic injuries does Kyrie Irving have? He definitely has been injured a lot (although last year he only missed a handful of games), but that doesn't mean he's injury prone. Greg Oden is injury prone. Wade is injury prone. Bynum is injury prone. They have chronic knee issues which never really go away.
Plus, now that he is not the #1 option teams cannot double up on him, and with the pending Love acquisition there will be less crowding in the paint allowing Irving to play to his strengths.
I'm not going to convince you that the Cavs are better than the Heat so you will just have to wait and see... and suffer... hahahahaha

wade plays more than kyrie, yet is injury prone.
Charlie sheen doesnt have a drug problem, he just love cocaine a whole lot.
your not because you cant, until you sign love, and you still only have one player who plays defense, you cant make that statement.

WITZ
08-07-2014, 04:22 PM

Ill give you that ,but ill take ma chances on the player missed time with a broken jaw and separated his shoulder after being dropped on the court over the guy with bad knees.

goingfor28
08-07-2014, 04:23 PM
All of Cleveland was butthurt, and then some for 4 years.
As you clearly are now. Going as low to bash where a poster lives. Good stuff

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:25 PM
wade plays more than love, yet is injury prone.
Charlie sheen doesnt have a drug problem, he just love cocaine a whole lot.
your not because you cant, until you sign love, and you still only have one player who plays defense, you cant make that statement.

Love played more games than Wade last year. He's only 25 years old. Wade has a lot more miles and his body is shutting down. Kevin Love had one pretty bad injury season but other than that it hasn't been too substantial.
Charlie Sheen must hang out in Miami a lot!!!
We are better (with or without Love)!!! Sorry to break it to you.

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Ill give you that ,but ill take ma chances on the player missed time with a broken jaw and separated his shoulder after being dropped on the court over the guy with bad knees.

Broken jaw,2 seperated shoulders, hyper extended knee, broken hand , broken finger, and a concussion. You better hope he's like iverson.
I cant talk too much about wade, last year half of his missed games were rest and not injury, we'll have to see If its the beginning of the end, or if he pulls a kobe

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Love played more games than Wade last year. He's only 25 years old. Wade has a lot more miles and his body is shutting down. Kevin Love had one pretty bad injury season but other than that it hasn't been too substantial.
Charlie Sheen must hang out in Miami a lot!!!
We are better (with or without Love)!!! Sorry to break it to you.

I corrected it, meant irving
and am I suppose to be mad about this whole coke thing? Thats the best you can do? You really want to go back and forth about the pros and cons of where we live, or talk ball?

And hate to break it toYOU, but your not very good without love.

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I corrected it, meant irving
and am I suppose to be mad about this whole coke thing? Thats the best you can do? You really want to go back and forth about the pros and cons of where we love, or talk ball?

And hate to break it toYOU, but your not very good without love.

Well you brought it up?

And as I said, you will just have to wait and see and suffer... GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!!!

Heatcheck
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Well you brought it up?

And as I said, you will just have to wait and see and suffer... GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!!!

Brought what up?

beasted86
08-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh the irony of it all.... The funny thing is that he did the same thing to Cleveland... LOL... He just strung along Dan Gilbert and Cav's fans while he did the decision and lets be real he knew long in advance that he was going to Miami in 2010.

1. He took less time in 2010 (7 vs. 11 days)
2. He didn't win crap with the Cavs
3. In 2010 free agency he didn't hold secret meetings with teams
4. Cavs had no real cap space or money to attract free agents.

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Sorry to jump back in this, but come on Heat fans. You're not even remotely close to being better than the Cavs with or without Love. You are the only ones who feel that way. Time for you to gracefully step out of the lime light. Wade is not better than Irving. 6 years ago that statement was true, but even without taking injury history into consideration, Irving's ability to shoot far outweighs anything Wade provided to the big 3.

You can carry on with this all you want, but realize the rest of the league disagrees.

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Teams that are built overnight can fall apart over night as well. I don't understand why heat fans are so sour. Yeah it sucks, but he definitely does not owe you anything.

ghettosean
08-07-2014, 06:33 PM

1. He took less time in 2010 (7 vs. 11 days)
2. He didn't win crap with the Cavs
3. In 2010 free agency he didn't hold secret meetings with teams
4. Cavs had no real cap space or money to attract free agents.

I won't dig and confirm the 4 day difference but it sounds pretty damn similar to me when keeping your current organization in the dark when you already made up your mind.

Whether you believe this or not it still doesn't make my last statement incorrect... it's the exact same scenario just the reasons are different. I still find it extremely ironic.

beasted86
08-07-2014, 08:16 PM
I won't dig and confirm the 4 day difference but it sounds pretty damn similar to me when keeping your current organization in the dark when you already made up your mind.

Whether you believe this or not it still doesn't make my last statement incorrect... it's the exact same scenario just the reasons are different. I still find it extremely ironic.

It's actually not similar at all, and I don't understand what's ironic. One team had its cap locked by Jamison, Varejao, Mo Williams and a bunch of other guaranteed contracts. The HEAT on the other hand had 1 singular player under contract.

It made no difference whether LeBron chose Miami 7 days or 3 months for Cleveland. They basically "had their team" whether LeBron re-signed or not. They had no money to spend. There was no free agent market to "dry up". They had their $6M mid-level exception or about $8M in cap space whether LeBron stayed or left. If you feel there is no difference between hand-tying a GM because he's waiting to spend $6-8M on maybe 1-2 players, and hand-tying another GM waiting to spend $55M on 11 players, then I don't know what else to say to help you understand this contrasting situation.

I acknowledge from an outsider's perspective, LeBron owes nothing more to the HEAT as a he filled his contract obligation... and even if he purposely held out longer (to stick it to Riley for his press conference or any other reasons... possibly even competitive edge), whatever the reasons are, he's allowed to do that. But from a HEAT perspective it was definitely not a nice thing to do. And I firmly believe if we had any other GM in the NBA other than Riley this team would have folded straight to a lottery sub-20 win team. Luckily we do have Riley though, and he had some type of plan even with LeBron leaving and holding out for so long to make his decision public.

Big Zo
08-07-2014, 09:37 PM
As you clearly are now. Going as low to bash where a poster lives. Good stuff
For someone who "Hates" LeBron, and Miami, you sure love to weasel your way into these threads...

goingfor28
08-07-2014, 09:38 PM
For someone who "Hates" LeBron, and Miami, you sure love to weasel your way into these threads...
I like basketball

MonroeFAN
08-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Currently? No Wade is no where near the player. Congratulations on calling me dumb while looking stupid. Love when that happens. Irving's shooting ability makes him a much more valuable piece for a situation like a big 3 involving Lebron. Wade had the efficiency, but he also has the best player in the universe to take some of the pressure away. With that being said, I don't think Irving will ever become the player Wade was when he was healthy. Those days are long gone now, and most of you just seem like you're in loser denial now. Face it, the show is over.

TylerSL
08-07-2014, 11:15 PM
People acting like Lebatard just has sour grapes and Lebron won the Heat those titles not the other way around is just full of ****. It works both ways, both sides needed each other to win. Lebron came to Miami for a reason, and the 2011 Finals wasn't an accident, Lebron had to learn how to win and go through a maturation process. In 2010 coming to Wade's team gave Lebron the best chance to win and the Heat organization was by far his best option.

However Lebron coming to Miami elevated the franchise to new heights, and Miami is now one of the most successful basketball franchises in NBA history (3 NBA Championships, 5 Conference Titles, 18 playoff appearances in 26 year history, All-Time record above .500). With Wade/Bosh we were in the conversation, but Lebron put us over the top, and we had one of the greatest 4 year runs in the history of the league. And that is because Lebron chose us, but once it again, it wasn't an accident, we were by far his best choice in 2010.

If Lebron never comes to Miami, he may very well still be ringless in 2014, and Miami probably doesn't win a championship over these past 4 years either. Had Lebron stayed in Cleveland in 2010 after everyone else in the East seemly got stronger, the championship these last 4 years probably would have went to

2011-Dallas
2012-Boston
2013-San Antonio
2014-San Antonio

Once again, it works both ways. Lebron completely used the Heat organization, he comes to us starving of a championship and builds a legacy for himself, becomes a true leader, and wins a couple championships before running back to the organization who shunned him because he couldn't carry them to the promised land when he was in his early 20's. Miami became the center of the basketball universe the last 4 years, making the Finals every year, going to 2/4, and winning 27 games in a row.

The Heat and their fans have every right to be upset or frustrated Lebron ended his relationship with Miami prematurely. We had the chance to become one of the greatest teams in NBA history, being in the conversation with the 60's Celtics, 80's Lakers, and 90's Bulls, or even the 2000's Lakers/Spurs. He waited over 2 weeks in Free Agency without saying a word before announcing his intentions to bolt. While they do have the right to be upset he left, the Heat and their fans DO NOT however, have the right to boo Lebron. Lebron led the team to 2 NBA Championships and brought us the best times of our organizations history. He fulfilled a contract and left the team and the fan base with some unforgettable memories, and we should, and probably will, think warmly about the short time we had him.

Lebatard should not have put the billboard up, but he didn't really deserve a suspension for it as he didn't do anything wrong. Both Miami and Lebron should be extremely grateful to one another. It was a very successful pairing that could, and arguably should, have lasted longer.

ATX
08-07-2014, 11:22 PM
People acting like Lebatard just has sour grapes and Lebron won the Heat those titles not the other way around is just full of ****. It works both ways, both sides needed each other to win. Lebron came to Miami for a reason, and the 2011 Finals wasn't an accident, Lebron had to learn how to win and go through a maturation process. In 2010 coming to Wade's team gave Lebron the best chance to win and the Heat organization was by far his best option.

However Lebron coming to Miami elevated the franchise to new heights, and Miami is now one of the most successful basketball franchises in NBA history (3 NBA Championships, 5 Conference Titles, 18 playoff appearances in 26 year history, All-Time record above .500). With Wade/Bosh we were in the conversation, but Lebron put us over the top, and we had one of the greatest 4 year runs in the history of the league. And that is because Lebron chose us, but once it again, it wasn't an accident, we were by far his best choice in 2010.

If Lebron never comes to Miami, he may very well still be ringless in 2014, and Miami probably doesn't win a championship over these past 4 years either. Had Lebron stayed in Cleveland in 2010 after everyone else in the East seemly got stronger, the championship these last 4 years probably would have went to

2011-Dallas or Boston
2012-Boston
2013-San Antonio
2014-San Antonio

Once again, it works both ways. Lebron completely used the Heat organization, he comes to us starving of a championship and builds a legacy for himself, becomes a true leader, and wins a couple championships before running back to the organization who shunned him . Miami became the center of the basketball universe the last 4 years, making the Finals every year, going to 2/4, and winning 27 games in a row.

The Heat and their fans have every right to be upset or frustrated Lebron ended his relationship with Miami prematurely. We had the chance to become one of the greatest teams in NBA history, being in the conversation with the 60's Celtics, 80's Lakers, and 90's Bulls, or even the 2000's Lakers/Spurs. He waited over 2 weeks in Free Agency without saying a word before announcing his intentions to bolt. While they do have the right to be upset he left, the Heat and their fans DO NOT however, have the right to boo Lebron. Lebron led the team to 2 NBA Championships and brought us the best times of our organizations history. He fulfilled a contract and left the team and the fan base with some unforgettable memories, and we should, and probably will, think warmly about the short time we had him.

Lebatard should not have put the billboard up, but he didn't really deserve a suspension for it as he didn't do anything wrong. Both Miami and Lebron should be extremely grateful to one another. It was a very successful pairing that could, and arguably should, have lasted longer.

Nice post

Heatcheck
08-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Sorry to jump back in this, but come on Heat fans. You're not even remotely close to being better than the Cavs with or without Love. You are the only ones who feel that way. Time for you to gracefully step out of the lime light. Wade is not better than Irving. 6 years ago that statement was true, but even without taking injury history into consideration, Irving's ability to shoot far outweighs anything Wade provided to the big 3.

You can carry on with this all you want, but realize the rest of the league disagrees.

Injury history? at 22, he's missed time for separating both shoulders, a broken hand, a broken index finger, a hyperextended knee, a broken jaw, a right nasal fracture, and a concussion. every part of his body is taking turns getting hurt. they better hope hes Iverson, or he might literally fall apart on the court one day.

and injury aside, no way he's better than wade right now, wade can score more, at a higher %, get more boards, get maybe an assist less, and play MUCH better defense.

granted his disappearing act in the finals didn't help my argument, but I think it be foolish to say hes a shell of himself because of a series. he averaged 17 ppg on 50% for the playoffs, he was the second option afterall/

MonroeFAN
08-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Let me clarify a bit. I value Irving's game more than Wades in a scheme that involves a player like Lebron. LBJ is the super star, and he and wade have similar games in which they both are more effective with the ball in their hands. Irving's shooting ability makes him the better player in my opinion, for a big 3 like scenario involving Lebron. I think Irving will be a lot more effective off-of-the-ball than Wade.

If they're both healthy and in their primes, Wade is a far superior talent. I have my issues with Wade (not a fan of the whining), but you're right it would be foolish of me to say that based off of one series. I'm basing it on the season he basically took off to prepare for the playoffs. You have to admit that his career is trending downward, and this HEAT roster as is currently constructed can't afford to let him rest as much as they did last year. Is he up for it?

As far as their scoring abilities, Wade's TS% was slightly better than Irving's while being a #2 option in an offense that featured 4 previous #1 options and the best player in the world. I think Irving's ability to hit the long ball gives him an advantage in this situation, and in general. This is current day, both players as is. I'll be curious to see how it all plays out this season. If Irving has a shooting season like his rookie year, and stays healthy, would you change your tune?

Heatcheck
08-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Let me clarify a bit. I value Irving's game more than Wades in a scheme that involves a player like Lebron. LBJ is the super star, and he and wade have similar games in which they both are more effective with the ball in their hands. Irving's shooting ability makes him the better player in my opinion, for a big 3 like scenario involving Lebron. I think Irving will be a lot more effective off-of-the-ball than Wade.

If they're both healthy and in their primes, Wade is a far superior talent. I have my issues with Wade (not a fan of the whining), but you're right it would be foolish of me to say that based off of one series. I'm basing it on the season he basically took off to prepare for the playoffs. You have to admit that his career is trending downward, and this HEAT roster as is currently constructed can't afford to let him rest as much as they did last year. Is he up for it?

As far as their scoring abilities, Wade's TS% was slightly better than Irving's while being a #2 option in an offense that featured 4 previous #1 options and the best player in the world. I think Irving's ability to hit the long ball gives him an advantage in this situation, and in general. This is current day, both players as is. I'll be curious to see how it all plays out this season. If Irving has a shooting season like his rookie year, and stays healthy, would you change your tune?

the pieces in general fit much better than in Miami, if they get love, and if he (irving) can shoot like that and it turns out his defense is a product of being on a crap team, then yes, this might be a better fit for LeBron, and it will indeed be a superteam.
but its also a better fit (maybe not a better team) for wade and bosh, than last year. especially bosh, who basically became a spot up 3pt shooter at times.

As far as he and wade are concerned. I just think people are ignoring the fact that, wade will now be the first option on the wing, meaning many more pick and rolls, and while he doesn't have a 3pt shot like irving, it wasn't that terrible before he just stopped shooting it a couple years ago. hes one of the better low post scorers in the league and has a very very good midrange shot. plus his lack of 3pt shot wont affect spacing so much anymore being the primary ball handler.

If I had to bet, I would bet on irving getting better, especially with LeBron on the team, and wade getting slower.
but I wouldn't bet against wade losing weight and he and bosh balling their *** off either.
obviously, moving forward, the cavs will eventually head and shoulders above the heat, but as far as next season, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MonroeFAN
08-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Valid points, all of which I cannot refute.

Cheers to an unbiased, and intelligent HEAT fan. Good luck this season.

Heatcheck
08-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Valid points, all of which I cannot refute.

Cheers to an unbiased, and intelligent HEAT fan. Good luck this season.

likewise

kingjaymes23
08-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Lebatard and his show both suck. What a loser

No. His show is probably one of the best on radio because he actually has fun. 1000000000 times better than Mike & Mike and The Herd. The only people that rival Lebatard are Dan Patrick, Jay Mohr, and SVP and Ruscillo.

MonroeFAN
08-08-2014, 11:50 AM
You should listen to Mike Valenti. 97.1 CBS the ticket.

Teeboy1487
08-08-2014, 11:56 AM
BS that ESPN suspended him.

kingjaymes23

This. LeBatard is very good and he jokes about himself as well. His show has me laughing constantly and I LOVE how he talks about how people take sports way too seriously. He is right. People were burning another man's freaking jersey because he decided to make a decision that was CLEARLY the best decision he could make.

Heatcheck
No. His show is probably one of the best on radio because he actually has fun. 1000000000 times better than Mike & Mike and The Herd. The only people that rival Lebatard are Dan Patrick, Jay Mohr, and SVP and Ruscillo.

I really dislike mike and mike, but I used to listen to the herd all the time, I agree with some things disagree on others, but I think he does a good job of backing his opinions.

Heatcheck
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM
You should listen to Mike Valenti. 97.1 CBS the ticket.

is that AM radio?

MonroeFAN
08-08-2014, 12:02 PM
No FM, it's a daily show that is only in this region, and is only about Detroit sports. I know most people probably don't care to listen to that, but he's really quite good at what he does which is why I brought his name up. You can find it on any internet radio app. Starts early afternoon.

kingjaymes23
08-08-2014, 12:12 PM
I really dislike mike and mike, but I used to listen to the herd all the time, I agree with some things disagree on others, but I think he does a good job of backing his opinions.

Problem is if you call in and disagree with Cowherd, he gives you no chance at all. He acts like his opinion is fact and only he is right. I can't stand listening to it. He said a few weeks ago that no NBA player ever gets paid for "what they did for the franchise in the past." Somebody called in and correctly pointed out that Kobe's contract was basically a "thank you" contract and he kept dismissing it and freaked out on the caller.

kingjaymes23
08-08-2014, 12:13 PM
BS that ESPN suspended him.

Exactly. Bull crap. Anything to protect LeBron I guess.

MonroeFAN
08-08-2014, 12:18 PM
He works for a HUGE organization, and is a face for their network. He's not working behind a desk somewhere, and he's not flipping burgers. He's in the spotlight often, and he represents ESPN. Not saying I would agree with it, but he's honestly lucky he didn't get fired.

I think he could have had billboards made for any player and the result would have been the same. It was a childish thing to do, and ESPN is paying him to be an adult.

kingjaymes23
08-08-2014, 12:26 PM
He works for a HUGE organization, and is a face for their network. He's not working behind a desk somewhere, and he's not flipping burgers. He's in the spotlight often, and he represents ESPN. Not saying I would agree with it, but he's honestly lucky he didn't get fired.

I think he could have had billboards made for any player and the result would have been the same. It was a childish thing to do, and ESPN is paying him to be an adult.

Lucky he didn't get fired? Are you ******* kidding me with that? In no way, shape, or form did he deserve to get fired. ESPN said they had no knowledge that he was going to do this. He mentioned it on his show MULTIPLE times, saying he wanted to do it as a joke. I guess they just don't listen to him then, which they are supposed to do as that is part of THEIR JOB.

It was a freaking joke. Lighten up, Francis.

Heatcheck
08-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Problem is if you call in and disagree with Cowherd, he gives you no chance at all. He acts like his opinion is fact and only he is right. I can't stand listening to it. He said a few weeks ago that no NBA player ever gets paid for "what they did for the franchise in the past." Somebody called in and correctly pointed out that Kobe's contract was basically a "thank you" contract and he kept dismissing it and freaked out on the caller.

he does have the whole oreilly thing going, and he has this obsession with dismissing short people, like he got divorced because he caught his wife ****ing a midget or something, but all in all I think its a good listen as far as his content and reasoning.

MonroeFAN
08-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Lucky he didn't get fired? Are you ******* kidding me with that? In no way, shape, or form did he deserve to get fired. ESPN said they had no knowledge that he was going to do this. He mentioned it on his show MULTIPLE times, saying he wanted to do it as a joke. I guess they just don't listen to him then, which they are supposed to do as that is part of THEIR JOB.

It was a freaking joke. Lighten up, Francis.

Dude I don't need to lighten up. Do you have a career? What do you think would happen if you made a billboard mocking a major client of yours, in their home town? That's my issue with debating with half of the people on here, you either don't understand the dynamic of the adult world, or you choose to ignore it. (with all due respect, I'm not trying to call you a child, I'm just not sure where the disconnect is here). ESPN as an organization could lose money over this because of sponsorships and audience views. Do you not think that's a valid concern?

This isn't a basketball move, it's not a move made to spite anyone. It's a business move, they had to move quickly to let him know that this type of behavior isn't tolerated within the laws of their organization.