PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com: Annual rookies survey (vote Parker for rookie of yr)

spreadeagle
08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Other categories if you click link, Mcdermott seemed to fair very well, Wiggins not so much

Who will be the 2014-15 Rookie of the Year?

1: Jabari Parker, Milwaukee -- 52.8 percent

T-2: Doug McDermott, Chicago -- 8.3 percent

Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland -- 8.3 percent

T-4: Shabazz Napier, Miami -- 5.6 percent

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia -- 5.6 percent

Elfrid Payton, Orlando -- 5.6 percent

Which rookie will have the best career?

1: Jabari Parker, Milwaukee -- 45.9 percent

2: Doug McDermott, Chicago -- 13.5 percent

3: T.J. Warren, Phoenix -- 8.1 percent

T-4: Zach LaVine, Minnesota -- 5.4 percent

Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland -- 5.4 percent

Which rookie is the best shooter?

1: Doug McDermott, Chicago -- 39.5 percent

2: Nik Stauskas, Sacramento -- 26.3 percent

3: Joe Harris, Cleveland -- 13.2 percent

4: P.J. Hairston, Charlotte -- 5.3 percent

5: C.J. Wilcox, L.A. Clippers -- 5.3 percent

Which rookie is being most overlooked?

1: Kyle Anderson, San Antonio -- 11.1 percent

T-2: Mitch McGary, Oklahoma City -- 8.3 percent

Glen Robinson III, Minnesota -- 8.3 percent

C.J. Wilcox, L.A. Clippers -- 8.3 percent

T-5: Gary Harris, Denver -- 5.6 percent

K.J. McDaniels, Philadelphia -- 5.6 percent

Doug McDermott, Chicago -- 5.6 percent

Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland -- 5.6 percent

James Young, Boston -- 5.6 percent

Which rookie is the most athletic?

1: Zach LaVine, Minnesota -- 56.6 percent

2: Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland -- 30.3 percent

3: Aaron Gordon, Orlando -- 10.5 percent

4: Cleanthony Early, New York -- 2.6 percent

Which rookie is the best defender?

T-1: K.J. McDaniels, Philadelphia -- 13.5 percent

Marcus Smart, Boston -- 13.5 percent

T-3: Gary Harris, Denver -- 10.8 percent

Elfrid Payton, Orlando -- 10.8 percent

T-5: Joel Embiid, Philadelphia -- 8.1 percent

Aaron Gordon, Orlando -- 8.1 percent

Russ Smith, New Orleans -- 8.1 percent

T-8: Adreian Payne, Atlanta -- 5.4 percent

Noah Vonleh, Charlotte -- 5.4 percent

http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/2014-15-nba-rookie-survey/index.html

ManRam
08-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Noel getting overlooked. Tied with Napier for ROY?!?! Not on the list for best career?!? And hell, he's not even on the most overlooked list which he should be because of those two questions...

Interesting to see Dougie's stock sky rise so drastically because of Summer League. Loving the LaVine love too...but again, perhaps people are just getting a little carried away with dunks and summer league performances.

Wiggins at 5.4% for best career is stupid, too.

FlashBolt
08-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Wiggins being so low is pretty shocking. Wasn't he the most hyped prospect since LeBron? Noel is too low anyways. He would have been a top 5 pick this draft.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Noel getting overlooked. Tied with Napier for ROY?!?! Not on the list for best career?!? And hell, he's not even on the most overlooked list which he should be because of those two questions...

Interesting to see Dougie's stock sky rise so drastically because of Summer League. Loving the LaVine love too...but again, perhaps people are just getting a little carried away with dunks and summer league performances.

Wiggins at 5.4% for best career is stupid, too.

Injuries could easily be why people didn't pick him (Noel) to have the best career.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 03:12 PM
as a member of the Cavs Wiggins shouldnt even be top 5 for ROY. Not even to be a homer but Noel should be 2 behind Parker given he will have the minutes and opportunity to put up good all around numbers while McBuckets is going to be just a 3pt shooter on a contender, those types dont usually win ROY.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Injuries could easily be why people didn't pick him (Noel) to have the best career.

you said injuries as in plural but he suffered one injury well over a year ago and has been 100% for about 6 months with no setbacks of any kind even after playing in both summer leagues.

FlashBolt
08-06-2014, 03:20 PM

Probably but Blake Griffin was injured and was still rated very highly. Of course, Blake was the better player clearly and the competition back of draft players compared to this year is just incomparable.

Linkels
08-06-2014, 03:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11316549&ex_cid=espnnbaTwitter

Alot of execs have been impressed with McDermott and predict he will be ROY and no he isn't just a 3pt shooter go watch some videos of him and his play in SL.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 03:33 PM
McBuckets is capable of a lot more than just shooting but when the season hits thats gonna be his role

JustinTime
08-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Parker really struggled in summer-league I was kind of disappointed in him after seeing how good he was in college. Wiggins being low make sense because he won't have the opportunity on the Cavs with James in his way. I think it will be Noel, Smart or Wiggins if he gets traded to the T-wolves.

WITZ
08-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Surprised that Embiid isn't up there for best career. Guess the majority of the voters are weary of his injury.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Parker really struggled in summer-league I was kind of disappointed in him after seeing how good he was in college. Wiggins being low make sense because he won't have the opportunity on the Cavs with James in his way. I think it will be Noel, Smart or Wiggins if he gets traded to the T-wolves.

only thing Parker seemed to struggle with was turnovers but what rookie doesnt turn it over a lot? MCW avg like 8 a game in summer league last year

ManRam
08-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Surprised that Embiid isn't up there for best career. Guess the majority of the voters are weary of his injury.

It seems in general these guys were very prisoner-of-the-moment when voting.

jimm120
08-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Just want to say that Wiggins doesn't fair "well" because he's in cleveland, where he falls in the depth chart.

The 2nd he's in Minny, I'd say he'd be right up there with Parker in minutes and opportunities.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2014, 05:12 PM
you said injuries as in plural but he suffered one injury well over a year ago and has been 100% for about 6 months with no setbacks of any kind even after playing in both summer leagues.

Are you going out of your way to be a pain in the *** here or are you being serious? If he has another injury in his career, then it will be more than 1, which is plural. Everyone who has ever been injured for a significant period of time and played again has gone through a period with no setbacks...it means nothing.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Probably but Blake Griffin was injured and was still rated very highly. Of course, Blake was the better player clearly and the competition back of draft players compared to this year is just incomparable.

And consider that Noel has a much slighter frame than blake does as well, which, as a big man, leads me to believe he may be more susceptible to injury.

JustinTime
08-06-2014, 05:50 PM
only thing Parker seemed to struggle with was turnovers but what rookie doesnt turn it over a lot? MCW avg like 8 a game in summer league last year

I don't know his shot selection in SL was very poor from what I saw and he was getting blocked a lot. I just worry that he may not be able to get his shot off in the NBA like he did in college.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Are you going out of your way to be a pain in the *** here or are you being serious? If he has another injury in his career, then it will be more than 1, which is plural. Everyone who has ever been injured for a significant period of time and played again has gone through a period with no setbacks...it means nothing.

u said injurieS are why he wasnt given more votes for ROY. that suggests multiple injuries occured prior to this season starting and thats not the case. maybe next time word your post better.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't know his shot selection in SL was very poor from what I saw and he was getting blocked a lot. I just worry that he may not be able to get his shot off in the NBA like he did in college.

eh its summer league its not like they are out there running their offense. its just a chance for guys tog et a feel and others to prove themselves.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2014, 06:12 PM
u said injurieS are why he wasnt given more votes for ROY. that suggests multiple injuries occured prior to this season starting and thats not the case. maybe next time word your post better.

That's actually not what I said. You can go back and read my original post and then :facepalm: yourself.

Edit: I'm assuming your reading comprehension won't improve before then so in order to save myself from another one of your ill-informed posts, I said that injuries (as in the possibility that he has more of them throughout his career) could be a reason people didn't vote for him to have the best career, nothing to do with ROY.

JustinTime
08-06-2014, 06:24 PM
eh its summer league its not like they are out there running their offense. its just a chance for guys tog et a feel and others to prove themselves.

Hopefully that's the case his last game was little better but it was also the worst team they faced If I remember right.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-06-2014, 06:28 PM
It seems in general these guys were very prisoner-of-the-moment when voting.

I mean, they are the average age of PSD posters and they do the same thing:laugh2:

I mean, a lot of these are absurd though outside of Smart being the best defender obviously ;)

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
That's actually not what I said. You can go back and read my original post and then :facepalm: yourself.

Edit: I'm assuming your reading comprehension won't improve before then so in order to save myself from another one of your ill-informed posts, I said that injuries (as in the possibility that he has more of them throughout his career) could be a reason people didn't vote for him to have the best career, nothing to do with ROY.

lol whatever u say man. the injury risk in pro sports is there for every single player in the league.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2014, 07:22 PM
lol whatever u say man. the injury risk in pro sports is there for every single player in the league.

That is obvious. The injury risk is there for every player in the pick-up game around the corner. It still has nothing to do with what I said.

When people are given a set of players and asked who will have the best career, the guy who missed his entire rookie season with a serious knee injury isn't going to get votes because people see him as injury prone and therefore not likely to have a long run at the top, if he even gets there.

2-ONE-5
08-06-2014, 08:08 PM
but youre not realizing he was held out for pre-cautionary/tanking reasons. he was cleared to play in like Feb and was in practice playing 5v5 and all.

dwilly4rilly
08-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Dante Exum doesn't make any of the lists? Interesting.

KnickaBocka.44
08-06-2014, 09:50 PM
but youre not realizing he was held out for pre-cautionary/tanking reasons. he was cleared to play in like Feb and was in practice playing 5v5 and all.

None of that matters to me. You aren't talking to one of the people who voted. I never even said that it's what I thought. I was commenting on the reasons that other people, the people who voted in this poll ( and that this thread is about) may have chosen someone else when ManRam indicated he was surprised he didn't make that list.

You keep trying to convince me he's healthy or something, but I've never stated a personal opinion about Nerlens Noel's actual injury in this thread. I've only said that the people who voted may have taken his injury into consideration when choosing someone else.

Comprende?