PDA

View Full Version : Did LeBron go "Home" b/c He Loved Cleveland? Or Because He Saw a New Big 3?

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Call me a bitter HEAT fan, but I personally think LeBron is a pathetic and disloyal person. He did not leave Miami because he missed his ""HOME" and loved Cleveland, he used it as an excuse to go create a new younger Big 3 with what he believes is a greater chance to catch Jordan and his 6 titles. LeBron is smart, and he knew what Cleveland could build, I am sure Gilbert pitched Love to him in their "secret meeting"

Genius move by the guy to be honest, Nike will market the living crap out of his "return home", his popularity is soaring again, and he has become beloved again by his home town city. I am sure his brand will grow exponentially and he will make even more money than has been. Sure he may bring a title to Cleveland and while some say that will cement his legacy as an all time great, I personally think his legacy should be of one who jumps ship whenever the going gets a little tough.

But as a person, loyalty doesn't exist in his vocabulary. Just like everybody claims the Big 3 was pre-planned before the 2010 FA even began, I think this was planned as well. LeBron by waiting till July 10, essentially screwed over Miami's plans and we had to put together a last minute ditch effort to keep a competitive team.

With Wade's paycut (3.5 million per year), and LeBron's slated 21 million max deal, Miami could have easily afforded BOTH Lowry and Gortat at their respective contracts of 12 million a season and had a potential team of Lowry, Bosh, Wade and Gorat. Good enough to easily beat Cleveland.

Hate me all you want, I personally don't think LeBron went home for the so called "love" of Cleveland he has in his heart, that is complete bull, I hope Cleveland does win a title, I think they as a city deserve it, but I personally hope LeBron never comes close to Jordan's 6.

Only the self pro-claimed "KING", LeBron is a special enough player to go out and get a "COLLEGE EXPERIENCE".

Well thought out letter my man, just complete BS though.

If after 2016, a Bachelors degree isn't enough, I wouldn't be shocked if LeBron needs to get get a Masters degree to bring back to Cleveland to ensure them a championship.

EDIT:

If anyone doesn't think LeBron already knew the trade needed to get Kevin Love, his letter said it all. He does not mention Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett as young pieces he is expected to play with. How does he "forget" the most hyped prospect since 2003, LeBron himself?? Cleveland and Minnesota have had a deal in place since LeBron signed back with the Cavs, the media just tries to create speculation and **** with everyone's heads.

Sadds The Gr8
08-05-2014, 12:32 AM
in before close

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/in/grand/wrestlg-WWE-in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-947.gif

bucketss
08-05-2014, 12:33 AM
lowry was never leaving especially to a lebron-less heat team.

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 12:33 AM
in before close

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/in/grand/wrestlg-WWE-in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-947.gif

Haha I bet it does get closed soon tbh, I am honestly trying to stimulate a basketball discussion. I can't wait to see what the LeBron nuthuggers have to say though.

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 12:34 AM
lowry was never leaving especially to a lebron-less heat team.

Not saying we would have got Lowry, just saying we had a chance to lock down a MUCH better roster if LeBron "decided his heart said Cleveland" a little earlier, because by July 10th, much of the FA class was gone.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Loyalty? Bron made the best basketball decision for his career and life after the NBA. You want him to shrug that off out of some misguided sense of loyalty?

Disagree with the rest of your opinion too.

With Wade's paycut (3.5 million per year), and LeBron's slated 21 million max deal, Miami could have easily afforded BOTH Lowry and Gortat at their respective contracts of 12 million a season and had a potential team of Lowry, Bosh, Wade and Gorat. Good enough to easily beat Cleveland.
Im pretty sure thats incorrect.

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Loyalty? Bron made the best basketball decision for his career and life after the NBA. You want him to shrug that off out of some misguided sense of loyalty?

Disagree with the rest of your opinion too.

Im pretty sure thats incorrect.

If you read what I said, I am telling you his move is genius, reading comprehension bro. I am saying it is an AMAZING move by LeBron, in every sense, but he didn't do it because "He misses HOME"

utl768
08-05-2014, 12:37 AM
he is leaving cle next yr so both points are moot

he left miami because his "homeboys" wernt allowed to run the heat organization so he went home cuz dan gilbert was desperate and next yr he goes to the clippers to play with his bff cp3 or team with melo in ny

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 12:39 AM
he is leaving cle next yr so both points are moot

he left miami because his "homeboys" wernt allowed to run the heat organization so he went home cuz dan gilbert was desperate and next yr he goes to the clippers to play with his bff cp3 or team with melo in ny

Doubt he leaves next year, but in 2016, if Cleveland has failed two straight seasons, don't be shocked if he needs to get get a Masters degree soon.

Riodagoat
08-05-2014, 12:42 AM
This is really getting old.
And yes, you are a bitter Heat fan.

Ariza's Better
08-05-2014, 12:43 AM
What you say and what your sig is are little conflicting.

bucketss
08-05-2014, 12:45 AM
i don't see lebron leaving kevin love to play with an inferior player like melo.

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 12:45 AM
What you say and what your sig is are little conflicting.

Need to delete that ****.

FlashBolt
08-05-2014, 12:48 AM
You're asking us a question probably only 5 people in the world know. Unless LeBron or his agents are PSD users, I highly doubt you will get the correct answer. The LeBron fans will defend his decision by saying it was just the best move for his career in terms of financially, emotionally, and winning while the haters will insult his decision by saying he saw another way out.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 01:04 AM
If you read what I said, I am telling you his move is genius, reading comprehension bro. I am saying it is an AMAZING move by LeBron, in every sense, but he didn't do it because "He misses HOME"

So ask yourself, would you rather do whats best for you, or whats best for an organization ?

curtcocaine
08-05-2014, 01:19 AM
That's right get it all out. I'll hold your hair baby.

Cheesesteak
08-05-2014, 01:25 AM
Might be the little conspirator in me, but how funny is it that Cleveland had 3 out of the 4 first overall picks in the draft the past 4 years, with a 1.7% chance of getting that pick in this years draft? It's nice seeing Lebron go home, but he really could not have gone back to a better situation than that. The pieces are there for him to win another championship, and now they might be getting Kevin Love? Just stop. I hate the Cavs so much, they don't deserve anything that's coming to them.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Might be the little conspirator in me, but how funny is it that Cleveland had 3 out of the 4 first overall picks in the draft the past 4 years, with a 1.7% chance of getting that pick in this years draft? It's nice seeing Lebron go home, but he really could not have gone back to a better situation than that. The pieces are there for him to win another championship, and now they might be getting Kevin Love? Just stop. I hate the Cavs so much, they don't deserve anything that's coming to them.

Its funny but the draft is pretty much impossible to rig. Bron could have gone to better situations in terms of talent, but he chose to go home.

tredigs
08-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Well yeah, it's pretty obvious that he did not actually just have his epiphany of, "you know what, home IS where the heart is!" and decided to take the yellow brick road back to Ohio. This was a calculated decision that absolutely factored in both the Heat's obvious demise as a contender versus West teams and Cleveland's potential package power following the Wiggin's pick (the omission of him in Lebron's letter was not an oversight).

Unlike most, I actually gained no respect for him upon returning home. I saw it as a calculated escape from Miami's now fairly tough situation under the veil of him attempting to look like a hero. Well crafted? Yes. But it's pretty easy to see through that BS if you're not a lover of Romantic Fiction.

That said, I have no doubt that he wants to win a ring for Cleveland more than any other fanbase. So that much is genuine. Why only the 2 year contract, though? He's leaving himself outs.

LAcowBOMBER
08-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Is this whole thread just asking people to speculate on what Lebron is actually thinking without having any actual insight into what he's thinking?

I have no idea if he did it because he loves Cleveland or because he thought he could win there and neither does anyone else

FlashBolt
08-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Call me a bitter HEAT fan, but I personally think LeBron is a pathetic and disloyal person. He did not leave Miami because he missed his ""HOME" and loved Cleveland, he used it as an excuse to go create a new younger Big 3 with what he believes is a greater chance to catch Jordan and his 6 titles. LeBron is smart, and he knew what Cleveland could build, I am sure Gilbert pitched Love to him in their "secret meeting"

Genius move by the guy to be honest, Nike will market the living crap out of his "return home", his popularity is soaring again, and he has become beloved again by his home town city. I am sure his brand will grow exponentially and he will make even more money than has been. Sure he may bring a title to Cleveland and while some say that will cement his legacy as an all time great, I personally think his legacy should be of one who jumps ship whenever the going gets a little tough.

But as a person, loyalty doesn't exist in his vocabulary. Just like everybody claims the Big 3 was pre-planned before the 2010 FA even began, I think this was planned as well. LeBron by waiting till July 10, essentially screwed over Miami's plans and we had to put together a last minute ditch effort to keep a competitive team.

Hate me all you want, I personally don't think LeBron went home for the so called "love" of Cleveland he has in his heart, that is complete bull, I hope Cleveland does win a title, I think they as a city deserve it, but I personally hope LeBron never comes close to Jordan's 6.

Only the self pro-claimed "KING", LeBron is a special enough player to go out and get a "COLLEGE EXPERIENCE".

If after 2016, a Bachelors degree isn't enough, I wouldn't be shocked if LeBron needs to get get a Masters degree to bring back to Cleveland to ensure them a championship.

EDIT:

If anyone doesn't think LeBron already knew the trade needed to get Kevin Love, his letter said it all. He does not mention Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett as young pieces he is expected to play with. How does he "forget" the most hyped prospect since 2003, LeBron himself?? Cleveland and Minnesota have had a deal in place since LeBron signed back with the Cavs, the media just tries to create speculation and **** with everyone's heads.

1) He could have went to LAC, Spurs, Chicago, Dallas, Houston.. All whom with James would probably be favorites and better than Cavs roster. In fact, James could have went to any team!
2) You call him a genius but then ridicule him for who he is. Face it; you're angry he left just like the Cleveland Cavailers fans when he originally left them.
3) Lol. Could have easily afforded James while also paying Gortat/Lowry? Yeah... That bench of Luke Walton looks pretty good. This is simply untrue. Gortat/Lowry never came to Miami originally but if they did and Miami convinced James of it, he probably would have gave it more thought. The idea of having to carry Bosh/Wade for the rest of his career while they get paid similar to him is just daunting. You saw the Finals. Don't tell me if you're a player carrying that team while Wade is out 33% of the season, that you're contempt with that.
4) Your attempt at humor with those educational achievements is just awful. Please don't attempt to be funny, again.
5) Who cares if he doesn't or didn't mention Wiggins.. At the end of the day, every and any player wants to win. All in all, you come off as someone who just got divorced and is fighting for property. It's not a coincidence that you're also a Heat fan. He won you two rings, made you guys a household name for basketball, and garnered you some fans. Let's be honest, no one in Miami cares about basketball GENUINELY. He made a decision that was best for himself financially, mentally, physically, and competitively. If you're a human being in his position, you'd have to be stupid to not at least consider it. If you're just sobbing up about his decision one month later, well, your post sums it up.

tredigs
08-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Its funny but the draft is pretty much impossible to rig. Bron could have gone to better situations in terms of talent, but he chose to go home.

What situation could have offered a better supporting cast than Irving/Love/Varajao with other solid role players for the next 2+ years? I can't think of one.

The draft was not rigged, but it offered the Cavs a trade package asset to land Lebron. I just highly doubt he's in Cleveland right now if they land the #9 pick.

WITZ
08-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Maybe he left because Riley's going away pitch was you get to play with McRoberts & Granger :laugh2:

tredigs
08-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Scratch that. 1 year deal*

Iron24th
08-05-2014, 01:47 AM
It's obvious he did it thinking another big 3, with wiggins or love, it would have been a big 3 no matter what.

sixer04fan
08-05-2014, 01:48 AM
It's both...

Going home was clearly very important to him, those feelings weren't faked. He loves his hometown. But obviously if the Cavs team was some train wreck with no flexibility of getting better or winning a championship even with him, well... Let's just say he's got a great chance to still win with Cleveland and that made his decision a lot easier. It's a good situation for him. And Kyrie-Lebron-Love is a hell of a big 3.

PowerHouse
08-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Gotta hand it to Bron, dude knows which teams to jump to. Leaves Cleveland b/c they cant make good enough trades, goes to Miami with a big 3, wins a couple of rings has some fun then jumps back to Cleveland after they sucked for a while and pick up a couple of #1 picks. He gets to repair his reputation by "going home" and builds another big 3 in one swoop!

Cheesesteak
08-05-2014, 02:10 AM
1) He could have went to LAC, Spurs, Chicago, Dallas, Houston.. All whom with James would probably be favorites and better than Cavs roster. In fact, James could have went to any team!

LOL I think it was pretty obvious Lebron had no intentions of joining any of those teams you just mentioned besides Chicago. Why would he go to the West just work his butt off to get into the finals when he can stay in the east and just waltz back in again?

sjbirds
08-05-2014, 02:22 AM
in before close

Haha I bet it does get closed soon tbh, I am honestly trying to stimulate a basketball discussion. I can't wait to see what the LeBron nuthuggers have to say though.
Weren't you one of those huggers?

mngopher35
08-05-2014, 02:30 AM
It's both...

Going home was clearly very important to him, those feelings weren't faked. He loves his hometown. But obviously if the Cavs team was some train wreck with no flexibility of getting better or winning a championship even with him, well... Let's just say he's got a great chance to still win with Cleveland and that made his decision a lot easier. It's a good situation for him. And Kyrie-Lebron-Love is a hell of a big 3.

Agreed.

jayjay33
08-05-2014, 02:35 AM

EDIT:

I think you have a point but you're wrong. LBJ. Absolutely missed home and wanted to go back. And I don't think you can make a single argument that BOTH he and his fam didn't.

Now the things you pointed out. Are what allowed him to do it. He would not have gone if those things weren't in place. But make no mistake he wanted to go home.

So your point is not that LBJ didn't miss home and want to go back. It's that he even though he wanted to go home he would not have if they weren't in a good position to build a winner. But who cares. Missing home doesn't mean you should put yourself in a position to fail.

Swift Game
08-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Spot on with this...Lebron will never reach the pinnacle of the True all time greats. .jumping ship not one..but twice and maybe potentially a 3rd time...unheard of when you look at the top 10 all time.

To me he could have been there had he stayed humble and never left the Cavs in the 1st place. Just my opinion but he has tarnished his legacy when he went to Miami and now leaving another sinking ship. I thought the captain was the last man on board?

Great player but will never touch top 5 because of the asterisk. Lebron fans will disagree but this is the general consensus amongst NBA fans.

And if you guys don't think this whole debacle wasn't pre fabricated you are delusional. Its a movie drama in itself WWE style. Poor Lebron missed home and didn't realize what he had left.....lol..what a bunch of cow sheet. NBA loves to market their boy toy and that's all it is. Stern had this plan since before Ray Allen hit that corner 3. That Miami team should have lost 2 finals in a row and you had to know Lebron was going to jump again.

Funny thing is he will not win a title in Cleveland.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 02:41 AM
What situation could have offered a better supporting cast than Irving/Love/Varajao with other solid role players for the next 2+ years? I can't think of one.

The draft was not rigged, but it offered the Cavs a trade package asset to land Lebron. I just highly doubt he's in Cleveland right now if they land the #9 pick.
Any of the teams that have won more games than Cleveland and Minny did.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 02:44 AM
Spot on with this...Lebron will never reach the pinnacle of the True all time greats. .jumping ship not one..but twice and maybe potentially a 3rd time...unheard of when you look at the top 10 all time.

To me he could have been there had he stayed humble and never left the Cavs in the 1st place. Just my opinion by he has tarnished his legacy when he went to Miami and now leaving another sinking ship. I thought the captain was the last man on board?

Great player but will never touch top 5 because of the asterisk. Lebron fans will disagree but this is the general consensus amongst NBA fans.

What makes you think it's unheard of. And he jumped back onto his sinking ship to resurrect the franchise yet again.

Going to Miami enhanced his legacy, just ask Larry Bird what he thinks of Brons run.

What you call humble, i would have called ignorance

Saddletramp
08-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Unlike most, I actually gained no respect for him upon returning home. I saw it as a calculated escape from Miami's now fairly tough situation under the veil of him attempting to look like a hero. Well crafted? Yes. But it's pretty easy to see through that BS if you're not a lover of Romantic Fiction.

Yeah, I actually lost some respect for the guy. Pre-Decision, I didn't care for him either way. But when he left for Miami and everyone dumped on him, I became a LeBron fan. Not a Heat fan, but I was hoping he'd knock the haters down. He did. But going back to Cle after everything those fans and that owner did to him? All the things that were said and Gilbert's letter? If The Cavs didn't have Irving, his buddy Varajao and young pieces to trade for prime time talent then he wouldn't have gone back home.

It's pretty simple: if Riley let LeBron run the team like Gilbert will, LeBron might have stayed. But with that cast going forward? You can't blame him for leaving, but you can question going back to play for an ******* like Dan Gilbert.

Swift Game
08-05-2014, 02:57 AM
What makes you think it's unheard of. And he jumped back onto his sinking ship to resurrect the franchise yet again.

Going to Miami enhanced his legacy, just ask Larry Bird what he thinks of Brons run.

What you call humble, i would have called ignorance

Well let's see here....if you call getting 3 #1 overall picks in what a span of 3 or 4 years a sinking ship? Now just to have those assets to flip for a prime top 10 player? Hmmmm..let me think here...who is ignorant?

So going to Miami with a prime Wade and prime Bosh at the time enhanced his greatness? Really? Choking against Dallas a much less talented team enhanced his legacy. ..really? Being non existent in the 1st 3 games of last year's finals enhance his legacy? Really? Lol

Your only fooling yourself because you will never convince a rational NBA fan other wise. Your points are empty like usual.

tredigs
08-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Any of the teams that have won more games than Cleveland and Minny did.

Pretty simple minded comment here. We're talking about the collection of talent that will now be formed, not what particular players did in their own unique situations. Do you have any team in particular in mind that would absolutely be a better situation for him (almost by default, I'd argue any West team is out of the discussion here)? Bearing in mind salary cap restrictions and realistic scenarios, obviously. Again, I see no better scenario for him to be back in the Finals with a chance to win a ship than joining up with another superstar (talking Love, as I believe this was already in the works contingent on him joining) + young high level talent in the East.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 03:07 AM
Well let's see here....if you call getting 3 #1 overall picks in what a span of 3 or 4 years a sinking ship? Now just to have those assets to flip for a prime top 10 player? Hmmmm..let me think here...who is ignorant?

So going to Miami with a prime Wade and prime Bosh at the time enhanced his greatness? Really? Choking against Dallas a much less talented team enhanced his legacy. ..really? Being non existent in the 1st 3 games of last year's finals enhance his legacy? Really? Lol

Your only fooling yourself because you will never convince a rational NBA fan other wise. Your points are empty like usual.
I like how you ignored the question and focus solely on the 2 losses in the finals. When you have to nitpick in that way, you're talking about true greatness.

Bron also won with an injured/declining wade/bosh, it's why Bird feels Bron may have had the best title runs ever but i guess he's irrational and winning doesn't enhance ones legacy.

The ignorance comment was about ur line about humility. Losing to the Spurs isn't as damaging as you pretend

Swift Game
08-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Pretty simple minded comment here. We're talking about the collection of talent that will now be formed, not what particular players did in their own unique situations. Do you have any team in particular in mind that would absolutely be a better situation for him (almost by default, I'd argue any West team is out of the discussion here)? Bearing in mind salary cap restrictions and realistic scenarios, obviously. Again, I see no better scenario for him to be back in the Finals with a chance to win a ship than joining up with another superstar (talking Love, as I believe this was already in the works contingent on him joining) + young high level talent in the East.

+1

Goose17
08-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Both.

tredigs
08-05-2014, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I actually lost some respect for the guy. Pre-Decision, I didn't care for him either way. But when he left for Miami and everyone dumped on him, I became a LeBron fan. Not a Heat fan, but I was hoping he'd knock the haters down. He did. But going back to Cle after everything those fans and that owner did to him? All the things that were said and Gilbert's letter? If The Cavs didn't have Irving, his buddy Varajao and young pieces to trade for prime time talent then he wouldn't have gone back home.

It's pretty simple: if Riley let LeBron run the team like Gilbert will, LeBron might have stayed. But with that cast going forward? You can't blame him for leaving, but you can question going back to play for an ******* like Dan Gilbert.

Pre decision I was a big backer of him, and post decision I was an even bigger backer of him. Over the past season or two some of his actions/comments have rubbed me the wrong way and he just tends to annoy me more often than not when he opens his mouth, but he's still in my top 3 favorite players to watch right now and is still the best the game has to offer.

I definitely don't blame him for leaving Miami and coming back to Cleveland, I just think it's funny that so many people bought into the letter and praised him as a new man that they had newfound respect for. I could not have seen it any differently. Especially as it's a 1 year deal with a 1 year player option.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 03:12 AM
It was a pretty Simple question. Again, any team that won more than those squads would have been better, Cleveland gave him the best combination of everything he wanted, in terms of pure talent, had he prioritized that above all else, Bron could have gone anywhere he wanted.

I'm not as high on the players ur naming i guess

Chronz
08-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Pre decision I was a big backer of him, and post decision I was an even bigger backer of him. Over the past season or two some of his actions/comments have rubbed me the wrong way and he just tends to annoy me more often than not when he opens his mouth, but he's still in my top 3 favorite players to watch right now and is still the best the game has to offer.

I definitely don't blame him for leaving Miami and coming back to Cleveland, I just think it's funny that so many people bought into the letter and praised him as a new man that they had newfound respect for. I could not have seen it any differently. Especially as it's a 1 year deal with a 1 year player option.
The contract is all about leverage [in case you've forgotten how trust worthy that franchise is], Bron doesn't need the security because he feels he's indestructible. Why sign a long term deal unless ur scared of injury and don't care about making more cash.

slashsnake
08-05-2014, 03:19 AM
Plain and simple, there are a LOT of stars that had the ability to move around this off-season..

Why did not one schedule a single visit to Cleveland if it was such a hot destination for everyone? I mean this wasn't Melo picking NY over Cleveland, this was Melo not even considering them. Same for Love trade talks before Lebron was there, or Pau, Dirk, Bledsoe, Monroe, Parsons, Lowry, or anyone. Wade, not even thinking of going there. Bosh, not even on his radar..

Then Lebron chooses there.

The only guy, superstar, all star, solid starter, vet bench player who wants a ring, etc to even LOOK at Cleveland as a viable destination, and people make it out to be like he's joining the 84 Lakers all of a sudden. Now all of a sudden that team is gold. Now it was obviously the best place for a ring hunter to go to.

And he doesn't mention Wiggins. Oh no. Really, he doesn't Mention Bennett, one of Clevelands worst players, and one who has never played a game for them.

And you come up with some theory that he left them off on purpose to come up with this conspiracy (I think if he knew Love was coming, he WOULD have mentioned those two just to push away from their dealings, the dumbest thing he could do is to take the most scrutinized letter and use it to help a conspiring team). So it doesn't even make sense to leave them off in the first place to buy your theory.

And a month ago, it was almost believable if you were gullible enough. Of course now you have to believe Minnesota says "yeah we actually would like Wiggins working out with your coaches and camp all summer long. Our goal is to hold back his development with our staff as much as possible. Oh and we aren't selling any jerseys with Love on the way out, and we think the smart business decision is to not sell any for a while. As an NBA team, profit is not something we really consider in our decisions. No need to print those Wiggins jerseys yet"

And I can see Clevelands response "sure thing, if he breaks a leg in summer league or has a back injury I am sure you guys will still honor your end of the deal nobody knows about or can prove. We are so happy to take that risk here, and will ensure we are 100% responsible for his health in that time. And if he bombs in summer league and looks like Bennett 2.0, I am sure you guys will still want him as your top target"

Maybe they felt they could use Wiggins as a piece to improve the team and Love seemed like the obvious choice if they could make it work. Maybe they felt that having their potentially two best players, Lebron and Wiggins both being natural small forwards wasn't smart. I could see that, but hell, that's just common sense it has a good chance of happening. The "deal is already done" conspiracy fails the common sense test pretty quickly now.

I don't think he goes there yet if they are still as awful as the day he left, but it isn't like everyone was picking Cleveland to be in the finals next year before Lebron decided to head back there. Heck, "marginal playoff team in the weak Eastern conference" was what most called them. Basically the epitome of average.

Saddletramp
08-05-2014, 03:20 AM
The contract is all about leverage [in case you've forgotten how trust worthy that franchise is], Bron doesn't need the security because he feels he's indestructible. Why sign a long term deal unless ur scared of injury and don't care about making more cash.

I thought he wants to re-up in 2016 when the new tv deal happens. Everybody's waiting for that offseason, from what I understand.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 03:23 AM
I thought he wants to re-up in 2016 when the new tv deal happens. Everybody's waiting for that offseason, from what I understand.
Well yeah, that's in 2 years, he can opt out after 1. Which i would totally do considering the team I'm joining. I wouldn't trust anyone at this point.

tredigs
08-05-2014, 03:24 AM
It was a pretty Simple question. Again, any team that won more than those squads would have been better, Cleveland gave him the best combination of everything he wanted, in terms of pure talent, had he prioritized that above all else, Bron could have gone anywhere he wanted.

I'm not as high on the players ur naming i guess

You realize that he's not actually joining the Wolves, but simply taking on their best player (and top ~3-8 NBA talent) on a new team, right?

Unfortunately I feel like at this point this needs to be asked.

And yes, he could have joined any team. Unfortunately "any team" with more wins than these two would have been gutting parts of what made them better in order for him to join. This is not MLB, they have salary caps in the NBA my man. And the West is a whole 'nother beast from the East; Irving/Lebron/Love/Varajao + is a no-brainer EC Finals favorite from day 1.

It's arguable that there were better talent situations for him to contend immediately, I just literally can't think of one. And your terrible argument is not helping. I gotta hit the sack though, I'll see if somebody else can draw one up for us manana.

Lol well no **** it's about leverage, it just goes against the "I'm in it for the long haul" mantra that he has in coming home.

JC_
08-05-2014, 03:36 AM
TBH I lost a bit of respect for Lebron, not for joining the Cavs but for not taking a chance with a guy like Wiggins. The Cavs have been building a team of young talent and Lebron comes back and flops his wiener out and tells everyone to drink from it. Maybe it's just because I'm from Canada but it would be cool to see Wiggins have a chance to learn from Lebron instead of being shipped out without having a chance to prove himself.

Regarding the OP, I think he always had plans to go back to Cleveland. The Heat losing probably made it easier to leave so soon.

JustinTime
08-05-2014, 04:01 AM
TBH I lost a bit of respect for Lebron, not for joining the Cavs but for not taking a chance with a guy like Wiggins. The Cavs have been building a team of young talent and Lebron comes back and flops his wiener out and tells everyone to drink from it. Maybe it's just because I'm from Canada but it would be cool to see Wiggins have a chance to learn from Lebron instead of being shipped out without having a chance to prove himself.

Regarding the OP, I think he always had plans to go back to Cleveland. The Heat losing probably made it easier to leave so soon.

haha that was actually funny.

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 04:04 AM

That's my argument. If Cleveland is a cellar team, I doubt he goes back there. He only went back because they can now form an elite team.

Nikeman
08-05-2014, 04:05 AM
Absolute gold! Unfortunately my friend most people are too dumb to realize how true this is. It's good to know there are other people out there with a brain to think.

I knew 99% would flame me and disagree with this thread, had to put my thoughts out there though lol.

JustinTime
08-05-2014, 04:14 AM
I knew 99% would flame me and disagree with this thread, had to put my thoughts out there though lol.

Lebron a douche and always will be. He gets rings but never earns them the way real greats did. His whole career is a waste of what he could have been and in my mind he ruined the NBA and turned it into a league of P*ssies where it's cool for players to carry purses to games and wear glasses with no lenses. On top of that thanks to Lebron all the stars these day want to create super teams and try to take the easy route through everything.

Goose17
08-05-2014, 04:28 AM
Lebron a douche and always will be. He gets rings but never earns them the way real greats did. His whole career is a waste of what he could have been and in my mind he ruined the NBA and turned it into a league of P*ssies where it's cool for players to carry purses to games and wear glasses with no lenses. On top of that thanks to Lebron all the stars these day want to create super teams and try to take the easy route through everything.

Not sure Lebron set any of those fashion trends.

Goose17
08-05-2014, 04:37 AM
That's my argument. If Cleveland is a cellar team, I doubt he goes back there.

This is true^ but that doesn't mean he didn't want to go back. He said it himself, he was always planning on returning he just never knew when.

Cleveland missed the playoffs in the East last year, and the East is/was garbage so let's not pretend he's joined a team that was already contending. But he clearly wouldn't have gone home if they hadn't had some decent talent to develop.

Truth is, he wanted to go home, he was just waiting for the right time to do so. The reason he returned is because he wanted to play for his home team and right some wrongs, but the catch was, Cleveland had to have some young talent before he was going to do that.

I see nothing wrong with this, it's a smart move, smart for P.R, Basketball and for him and his family. I think you're getting confused, he didn't return to Cleveland because he thought he could win more there, he returned to Cleveland because he wanted to go home. He just didn't want to go back to a team that couldn't contend at all, that would be foolish.

In reality, Miami still had a better chance at winning, look at all the contracts that came off the books. All the money they had. They could have done some sort of sign and trade with Bosh to bring in Parsons and Lin/Asik. Then grabbed Lowry and maybe even Deng. Hell they could have thrown money at a guy like Gortat even.

Cleveland was the smarter overall choice, but if he wanted to win, he could have done it on Miami just as easily.

Quinnsanity
08-05-2014, 04:39 AM
This thread makes me so happy.

slashsnake
08-05-2014, 04:53 AM
That's my argument. If Cleveland is a cellar team, I doubt he goes back there. He only went back because they can now form an elite team.

He didn't go just because they were this top FA destination elite team in the making, where he beat out all the other FA's visiting and trying to get there. Yeah he went back probably earlier than he had planned because Bosh and Wade are playing the worst basketball of their careers right now, and Cleveland has hope.

I had a buddy telling me the same thing a few years ago. Gerald Wallace was doing everything well on both sides of the court, Okeafor was a double double machine. Raymond Felton just came off a nice rookie campaign, and they just drafted the guy everyone said was the best player in the draft in Adam Morrison. 3 top 5 draft picks and a player playing great in his prime. No big name FA's went there either to build a superteam, because they were still a bad team built on hope their guys would come together and be better.

I'd like to see him work with Wiggins too, kind of see if he can do that like Jordan did with Pippen. But after this year Lebron will have more minutes on his body in the NBA than Barkley, Iverson, Sheed, Nash, Mark Jackson, etc. He's already played more in the NBA than Derek Fisher and Dikembe Mutombo. He'll probably be right behind Jordan and Ewing in minutes played after this upcoming season. That's a LOT of wear and tear on a guy. He's at the Pippen in Portland time of his career minutes wise. I can't blame him for saying that isn't the time to start rebuilding and bringing along young guys for the future great teams, but rather the time to get guys that are playing well and in their primes now.

Yanks All Day
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
He probably loved Cleveland enough to go home, but he also didn't want to carry Miami anymore either.

Let's face it. Bosh became a spot up shooter who didn't like playing down low. Miami had no one to bang down low with the Duncans, Hibberts, and Howards of the world.

Dwyane Wade took 1/3 of the season off and couldn't make it through FOUR games of the NBA Finals effectively. He got abused by Manu, Danny Green, and really anyone who was put in front of him. There was zero explosiveness and he never really had a jumper to make him any more effective anyway.

Battier retired. Chalmers played his way out of town. Birdman was supposed to be an "energy" guy like in 2013. Not a main big man like 2014 forced him to play. Oden was useless. Beasley showed flashes, but for some reason didn't play. Allen played well, which is probably why LeBron is bringing him to Cleveland.

Miami chose to cut Miller and save money, but sacrificed an essential part of their team. The role players either showed their age or were ineffective. The Heat were in a position where they can only be as good as last year, where they weren't even good enough to stay on the same court as the Spurs. Had Indiana not mentally collapsed, they probably could have beaten Miami as well.

LeBron saw the writing on the wall. Increasingly, the Heat became like his Cavs teams. LeBron had to play defense on the opponent's best player, run point guard, and carry the offensive load. The Heat had a lot of holes that were covered by LeBron and winning. But the price of that was LBJ looking noticeably gassed at the end of the year, which is something no one's used to seeing from him. Cleveland gives him the chance to compete for the next 5+ years while Miami's window was closing fast. He's got a young core now and a point guard who is a legitimate star. He doesn't have to do it all. Who wouldn't go somewhere to have the chance to win? The fact that he gets to go home is even better for him.

ManRam
08-05-2014, 09:19 AM
There definitely wasn't just one reason he did what he did. It was a big decision for him, whether we as fans like to respect that or not, and a lot went into it. He wouldn't have gone back if there was no hope...that's for certain.

koreancabbage
08-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Absolute gold! Unfortunately my friend most people are too dumb to realize how true this is. It's good to know there are other people out there with a brain to think.

lol at this baiting here.

t_money25
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I hope everyone understand that this guy is the only Heat fan than feels this way about Lebron. We lost Lebron the same way we got him. Through free agency. He not from Miami. He owes us nothing. He brought us 2 rings 4 straight finals appearances and a rockstar like vibe thought the NBA. Us real Heat fans wish him well until he plays the Heat again.........until then Let's Go HEAT!!

ewing
08-05-2014, 09:44 AM
if they didn't get smacked in the finals i dont think he leaves and that answers the question for me.

beasted86
08-05-2014, 09:45 AM
I could care less about the reasons he left as a HEAT fan. What pisses me off is that there are so many signs showing he made this decision a long time ago and purposely dragged out the decision from a competitive standpoint to handcuff the HEAT and limit an opponent. He intentionally kept Riley in the dark not answering his calls and messages, and planning secret meetings with other teams while waiting 11 days into free agency to "decide"on a team his wife basically announced 8 days earlier.

As the OP said, Riley could have put together a more competitive team. Sure, I like Deng, McRoberts, and Granger, but I think I would have liked Lowry + Gortat + maybe Marion better... and all 3 of those pieces could have been added financially speaking. Riley even reached out to Carmelo, but it was too late.

At the end of the day, Riley did an excellent job with what was left, but I'll always be left thinking about what other possibilities could have been.

kdspurman
08-05-2014, 10:17 AM
I could care less about the reasons he left as a HEAT fan. What pisses me off is that there are so many signs showing he made this decision a long time ago and purposely dragged out the decision from a competitive standpoint to handcuff the HEAT and limit an opponent. He intentionally kept Riley in the dark not answering his calls and messages, and planning secret meetings with other teams while waiting 11 days into free agency to "decide"on a team his wife basically announced 8 days earlier.

As the OP said, Riley could have put together a more competitive team. Sure, I like Deng, McRoberts, and Granger, but I think I would have liked Lowry + Gortat + maybe Marion better... and all 3 of those pieces could have been added financially speaking. Riley even reached out to Carmelo, but it was too late.

At the end of the day, Riley did an excellent job with what was left, but I'll always be left thinking about what other possibilities could have been.

That's exactly what he did to Cleveland 4 years ago, so it shouldn't have been too surprising tbh.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-05-2014, 10:18 AM
His decision was based on loyalty. To Cleveland. He didn't owe Miami ****. You guys should just be happy he was played for your sad fanbase for 4 years.

ManRam
08-05-2014, 10:30 AM
That's exactly what he did to Cleveland 4 years ago, so it shouldn't have been too surprising tbh.

I genuinely think he needed a lot of time to make that first decision, and I'm not sure much has come out suggesting otherwise. This one it does look like he knew for a least some period of time what he was going to do. How much time? Who knows. Maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks, maybe a year. However, he's a free agent. This notion that he needs to be held to different standards is silly. He made his announcement the day that free agents could actually sign with teams. So be it. He's allowed to do that.

He handled free agency this year like you'd want any free agent to do so. He had no obligation to tell the Heat any earlier that he was leaving. Period. And he's not a bad person for doing that either. It happens all the damn time. It's the nature of free agency.

hugepatsfan
08-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Both. I think he genuinely wanted to go back to CLE for the "homecoming" stuff but he wouldn't have done it if the team didn't give him a chance to win. Him and Nike and obviously going to market the homecoming aspect of it more though because that makes them more money.

nickdymez
08-05-2014, 10:50 AM
If LeBron fought a crippled baby, would you still defend him?

nickdymez
08-05-2014, 10:54 AM

This is a legit statement. I feel the exact same way about the situation. But LeBron can do no wrong in some people's eyes. And I get sick of picking on him constantly. He just makes it so easy.

kdspurman
08-05-2014, 10:55 AM
I genuinely think he needed a lot of time to make that first decision, and I'm not sure much has come out suggesting otherwise. This one it does look like he knew for a least some period of time what he was going to do. How much time? Who knows. Maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks, maybe a year. However, he's a free agent. This notion that he needs to be held to different standards is silly. He made his announcement the day that free agents could actually sign with teams. So be it. He's allowed to do that.

He handled free agency this year like you'd want any free agent to do so. He had no obligation to tell the Heat any earlier that he was leaving. Period. And he's not a bad person for doing that either. It happens all the damn time. It's the nature of free agency.

Idk man, his comments about not wearing #23 anymore coupled with the fact Miami had retired that number? (especially seeing that he is going back to 23 now) I think he knew for sure where he was going. Not to mention his friendship with Wade. He just created a sort of frenzy with free agency and visited some teams just to do it, but IMO he knew he was going to Miami.

Which I don't care about, that's his right. I just don't think folks should be surprised if his intentions to go back to Cleveland seemed pre-meditated.

J_M_B
08-05-2014, 10:57 AM
His decision was based on loyalty. To Cleveland. He didn't owe Miami ****. You guys should just be happy he was played for your sad fanbase for 4 years.

Miami handled LeBron's departure with class and that includes the majority of this "sad" fanbase. We are definitely grateful for the past four years. Only beef with LeBron now is that he has failed to even acknowledge the fans with a simple thank you.

Call us the worst fans in the world, but we were the only ones that had his back when the rest of the world hated him.

beasted86
08-05-2014, 10:57 AM

The difference is after losing LeBron the Cavs had like $8M cap space, the HEAT had $55M.

LeBron also signed the first day eligible to sign on July 8th in 2010. LeBron this time around kicked rocks for 3 days holding out just a bit longer to help the market dry up of the major free agents.

I've said it before, LeBron would NOT want to go thorough a team like the one I mentioned above. I seriously think that roster I stated up top is better than anything the Cavs have even with Love.

Now, just so people don't get this confused, LeBron didn't do anything "dirty"... It's all fair in the spirit of competition to try and give your team as many advantages as possible, but that doesn't mean I should like it as a HEAT fan. It's also pretty weak-minded in the sense that you need to use those tactics, and don't instead want to show your old team just how much you've grown and don't need them anymore and can beat them even at the top of their game.

koreancabbage
08-05-2014, 10:58 AM

If Kobe raped a girl, would you still defend him? oh wait....

nickdymez
08-05-2014, 11:01 AM
If Kobe raped a girl, would you still defend him? oh wait....
What are we waiting for? I'll wait for you to show me a link that states that kobe is/was guilty of rape. I'll wait now.

koreancabbage
08-05-2014, 11:27 AM
What are we waiting for? I'll wait for you to show me a link that states that kobe is/was guilty of rape. I'll wait now.

so he didn't apologize for any reason?

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did"

thats rape right there.

nickdymez
08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
so he didn't apologize for any reason?

thats rape right there.
Well there you have it folks!

Chronz
08-05-2014, 11:47 AM
When presented with facts, (such as the draft being unriggable) would you still convince yourself the entire NBA is in on it?

meloman1592
08-05-2014, 11:47 AM
i don't see lebron leaving kevin love to play with an inferior player like melo.

Melo is better than love

nickdymez
08-05-2014, 11:49 AM
When presented with facts, (such as the draft being unriggable) would you still convince yourself the entire NBA is in on it?
I hear what your saying, it just seems like with LeBron you ignore facts or explain them away. All I'm saying.

nickdymez
Melo is better than love
He is, but don't say that around here. PSD loathes Melo.

D-Leethal
Idk man, his comments about not wearing #23 anymore coupled with the fact Miami had retired that number? (especially seeing that he is going back to 23 now) I think he knew for sure where he was going. Not to mention his friendship with Wade. He just created a sort of frenzy with free agency and visited some teams just to do it, but IMO he knew he was going to Miami.

Which I don't care about, that's his right. I just don't think folks should be surprised if his intentions to go back to Cleveland seemed pre-meditated.

I think you could have your mind made up to an extent but still want to see what other teams have to offer and see if they can sway you in a different direction. I think Melo was pretty much set on staying in NY this year but wanted to see if there was something out there too good to pass up. I think LeBron was the same when he went to MIA as well as this year.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM
You realize that he's not actually joining the Wolves, but simply taking on their best player (and top ~3-8 NBA talent) on a new team, right?

Unfortunately I feel like at this point this needs to be asked.
Obviously, next question.

And yes, he could have joined any team. Unfortunately "any team" with more wins than these two would have been gutting parts of what made them better in order for him to join. This is not MLB, they have salary caps in the NBA my man. And the West is a whole 'nother beast from the East; Irving/Lebron/Love/Varajao + is a no-brainer EC Finals favorite from day 1.
LOL, really? You expect me to believe whatever loss a team would theoretically have to suffer would somehow outweigh the net advantage of gaining the leagues best player? LMFAO cmon bro, the salary cap comment was cute tho, wat gives? Why so mad?

It's arguable that there were better talent situations for him to contend immediately, I just literally can't think of one. And your terrible argument is not helping. I gotta hit the sack though, I'll see if somebody else can draw one up for us manana.
One terrible argument deserves another I guess.

Lol well no **** it's about leverage, it just goes against the "I'm in it for the long haul" mantra that he has in coming home.
Only if you are completely unable to separate ones intentions from extenuating circumstance.

D-Leethal
08-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Yea, I highly doubt LeBron looks at Melo as an inferior player to Love. Thats pretty much PSD - only.

D-Leethal
08-05-2014, 11:56 AM
There wasn't a better opportunity for LeBron long term than CLE + Love. He is set til' retirement IN THE EAST. I think he knows the benefits of playing in the East. His team cakewalked to 4 straight Finals while his buddy CP3 playing on a stacked all star team can't get out of the second round of the Wild West. There is a reason nobody considered Houston - nobody is migrating from East to West if they want to win, no matter how stacked the team out West would be.

Cleveland = much easier route to titles than Houston.

ManRam
08-05-2014, 11:57 AM

The number thing is something that's even weaker than circumstantial evidence. Everyone around him suggests it was a decision that came very late in the process. Who knows? Maybe you're right, maybe you're night. I just don't think you can say with much conviction that he long had known he was going to Miami...there's just no concrete evidence there.

It's assumptions either way. Not worth arguing...or really bashing him for.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Can someone explain the cap math. With Boshstrich, Udonis and Wade's new deals, how much cap space did they have left after signing McRoberts and Granger.... tho I suppose those deals could have been nullified, but why didn't Riley meet with Lowry anyways?

Maybe I underrate your teams talent base but I just dont see why Bron would be scared of Miami, I also doubt Lowry would have wanted to join a Bron-less Miami squad. We'll see this year, if Miami remains a quality team then I was wrong.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 12:03 PM

The # thing does look fishy, but I hope ur not one of those who thinks there was any collusion long before free agency, as the Heat did try to use the cap space in trades/signings before acquiring Bron. I remember some rumors about Wade being angry that they couldn't land anyone in fa the year before.

There was more collusion done by Tmac and Grant Hill when they tried to get Duncan to join them, if the Spurs dont win a chip, I wonder if Duncan remains.

Chronz
08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
There wasn't a better opportunity for LeBron long term than CLE + Love. He is set til' retirement IN THE EAST. I think he knows the benefits of playing in the East. His team cakewalked to 4 straight Finals while his buddy CP3 playing on a stacked all star team can't get out of the second round of the Wild West. There is a reason nobody considered Houston - nobody is migrating from East to West if they want to win, no matter how stacked the team out West would be.

Cleveland = much easier route to titles than Houston.

Facing elimination several times isn't a cakewalk IMO. I think he knows talent is more important considering this year was the easiest route to the Finals hes ever had and was also the one in which he had absolutely no chance of winning.

Maybe its my historic disapproval of Love but I dont think hes enough to offset the advantage of superior teammates.

kdspurman
08-05-2014, 12:14 PM
The # thing does look fishy, but I hope ur not one of those who thinks there was any collusion long before free agency, as the Heat did try to use the cap space in trades/signings before acquiring Bron. I remember some rumors about Wade being angry that they couldn't land anyone in fa the year before.

There was more collusion done by Tmac and Grant Hill when they tried to get Duncan to join them, if the Spurs dont win a chip, I wonder if Duncan remains.

I don't think there was any collusion of any sorts, I just think Lebron knew he was leaving regardless after that season. Changing his # that early in the season gave him some flexibility

Chronz
08-05-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't think there was any collusion of any sorts, I just think Lebron knew he was leaving regardless after that season. Changing his # that early in the season gave him some flexibility

Thats the part I dont understand, if you know where you are going, why would you even release anything about the number ? Why would you clue the audience in on ur conspiracy?

Tony_Starks
08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Both. You get to go home plus play with what would appear to be a stacked deck.

The ironic part is both Love and Kyries individual numbers will probably take a dip playing with Bron Bron.....,

kdspurman
08-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Thats the part I dont understand, if you know where you are going, why would you even release anything about the number ? Why would you clue the audience in on ur conspiracy?

The suspense factor :)
These guys love the attention. Not only Lebron, a lot of other guys too.

theheatles
08-05-2014, 12:40 PM
He left because after 2 championships as the finals mvp, wade still got the louder ovation at triple A.

Also, by teaming up with Love will help his q score with white people, because LeBron lost fandom from caucasians from the decision and that's where the money is.

There's a lot of reasons as to why he'd leave. He's going to eventually own the Cavs, he gets more power now, less pressure. But everyone knows LeBrons goal wasn't to win the most championships or be the best ever, it was to become a Billionaire and he's making the moves to make that happen.

Raidaz4Life
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Well yeah, it's pretty obvious that he did not actually just have his epiphany of, "you know what, home IS where the heart is!" and decided to take the yellow brick road back to Ohio. This was a calculated decision that absolutely factored in both the Heat's obvious demise as a contender versus West teams and Cleveland's potential package power following the Wiggin's pick (the omission of him in Lebron's letter was not an oversight).

That said, I have no doubt that he wants to win a ring for Cleveland more than any other fanbase. So that much is genuine. Why only the 2 year contract, though? He's leaving himself outs.

I rarely agree with you but this post is spot on.

beasted86
08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Can someone explain the cap math. With Boshstrich, Udonis and Wade's new deals, how much cap space did they have left after signing McRoberts and Granger.... tho I suppose those deals could have been nullified, but why didn't Riley meet with Lowry anyways?

Maybe I underrate your teams talent base but I just dont see why Bron would be scared of Miami, I also doubt Lowry would have wanted to join a Bron-less Miami squad. We'll see this year, if Miami remains a quality team then I was wrong.

Riley operated in free agency as a capped team based on LeBron wanting the max, and a general idea what it would take to resign Wade and Bosh. He intended to use the Mid-Level Exception and the Bi-Annual Exception to sign McRoberts and Granger not cap space like he ultimately had to.

He committed to those free agents as an idea of them being good complimentary players around the big 3. He couldn't go after bigger free agents with the assumption LeBron was resigning, all they had was the MLE and BAE, nothing else. It's not his way of operating to go back on his word to McRoberts and Granger, so he suck with it and kept them even after LeBron made his decision, but I assure you they wouldn't be the initial plan.

If Riley was informed earlier that LeBron wanted out, the whole plan changes. Even still giving Bosh the full $20M max, and Wade the same $15M, they could have given both Lowry and Gortat their money, maybe even a bit more.. let's say $12.5M each instead of the $12M each they got... combined with Florida no state tax, it's probably $8M-$10M more than each them signed for over the life of the deals. Is it unreasonable to assume they would want more money along with a very good chance to contend and a great city to live in?

With Lowry on board they could trade away Cole opening another roughly $3M cap space to offer Marion or another good defensive 3. They then finish out by signing Haslem to the same Room Mid-Level he got in the end.

Lowry 12.5 / Napier 1
Wade 15
Marion 3
Bosh 20 / Haslem 2.7
Gortat 12.5

It works under the cap + RMLE.

The team above is actually a slightly better rebounding team than the Cavs, way better defensively, and all those guys are proven playoff veterans in that win now mentality. They won't need to be taught how to sacrifice their game to win. Only concern if any is the shooting combo of Marion/Wade at the same time, but that could be rectified with the right bench players or another wing (I would have to check available FAs) .

Stinkyoutsider
08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
IMO, Lebron played his situation well and came out a winner.

Lebron seems like he's all about his legacy. Can he be better than Jordan? That's what he's chasing at this time and he's willing to do whatever it takes to make it to 6 trophies.

After he realized that DWade wasn't physically up to playing up to his expected level, he looked around the league for a perfect situation. A place where he can be paid well and also have the players around him who can play up to his level. When the Cavs situation came up, he jumped at the chance. He probably had talks with management and knew that Love would come so the Cavs jumped to the top of the list.

So, now he's got his max deal, teammates (Irving and soon to be Love), and it's in his home state. No more travelling back to Ohio during the offseasons.

GiantsSwaGG
08-05-2014, 01:00 PM
The difference is after losing LeBron the Cavs had like $8M cap space, the HEAT had $55M.

LeBron also signed the first day eligible to sign on July 8th in 2010. LeBron this time around kicked rocks for 3 days holding out just a bit longer to help the market dry up of the major free agents.

I've said it before, LeBron would NOT want to go thorough a team like the one I mentioned above. I seriously think that roster I stated up top is better than anything the Cavs have even with Love.

Now, just so people don't get this confused, LeBron didn't do anything "dirty"... It's all fair in the spirit of competition to try and give your team as many advantages as possible, but that doesn't mean I should like it as a HEAT fan. It's also pretty weak-minded in the sense that you need to use those tactics, and don't instead want to show your old team just how much you've grown and don't need them anymore and can beat them even at the top of their game.

:facepalm:

Tony_Starks
08-05-2014, 01:58 PM
He left because after 2 championships as the finals mvp, wade still got the louder ovation at triple A.

Also, by teaming up with Love will help his q score with white people, because LeBron lost fandom from caucasians from the decision and that's where the money is.

There's a lot of reasons as to why he'd leave. He's going to eventually own the Cavs, he gets more power now, less pressure. But everyone knows LeBrons goal wasn't to win the most championships or be the best ever, it was to become a Billionaire and he's making the moves to make that happen.

Very real talk right here, as evidenced by his popularity before and now.

Lebron is in a no lose situation as far as his fans now. He teamed up and got the championship monkey off his back, everything from now going forward is just gravy....

Big Zo
08-05-2014, 02:07 PM
If Miami had won the championship this year, there's no way he suddenly starts missing all the people that have been dragging his name through the mud these last 4 years.

TheIlladelph16
08-05-2014, 02:17 PM
You're correct OP. You're a bitter Heat fan. After how obnoxious some Heat fans were during Lebron's time in Miami concerning him leaving Cleveland, I think you just need to get over it.

D-Leethal
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Facing elimination several times isn't a cakewalk IMO. I think he knows talent is more important considering this year was the easiest route to the Finals hes ever had and was also the one in which he had absolutely no chance of winning.

Maybe its my historic disapproval of Love but I dont think hes enough to offset the advantage of superior teammates.

None of the teams LeBron had to play en route for the Finals on the Heat will ever be remembered as great teams 20 years from now (Boston yes - but they were old AF at that point and had no business taking Miami to game 7 with guys like Stiemsma and Marquis Daniels playing HEAVY rotation minutes). None of the players he had to take out in the East will be remembered as HOF type top 50 players or worthy opponents of guys of LeBron + Wade's stature, regardless the Heat were infamous for their coasting ways and allowed teams to push them to the brink before dominating them when it mattered.

Nobody will remember these Pacer teams as more than pretty good team in a horrible conference - not much different than AI's Sixers or Vince's Raptors.

The 38 win Hawks took the champion Celtics to 7 games. Are we going to start crowning them as great competition too?

D-Leethal
08-05-2014, 03:00 PM
And the thing with the Cavs is that they are built to win for the next 10 years, they are going to be on the upswing until LeBron retires. IF Miami's cast is superior (funny how you bashed them to prop up LeBron for the past 4 years and now paradoxically prop them up to support LeBron's warrior spirit in moving to a "crappy" cast in Cleveland with 2 Olympians and one who was last years All Star MVP), that will only be for another year or 2.

Its also about fit and balance - its not just about talent. Cleveland has true big men, agile defenders who can run the floor, not gimmick jump shooters masquerading as Cs, they have an all star PG on the perimeter instead of jump shooters masquerading as point guards, and they have stars that actually fit around LeBron, instead of a LeBron clone fast on the decline who cannot play off LeBron in the half court because he can't shoot.

Its obvious who the better cast for LeBron is. The only thing Miami had going was the plethora of sniper role players - those guys are a dime a dozen. Love will play the same Bosh role but is better than Bosh and can actually grab boards, Kyrie will play the Wade role but can actually shoot and beat his defender off the dribble in the half court when the ball swings his way unlike Wade of the present can do. Cavs have bigs who can run the floor, rebound and finish, Miami does not. Cavs have snipers that LeBron loves to pass to just like Miami did.

Hangin n Wangin
08-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Everyone knows he left to form a new and younger big 3. Coming home was just his ******** excuse, which some many people on here probably fell for.

bucketss
08-05-2014, 03:24 PM
And the thing with the Cavs is that they are built to win for the next 10 years, they are going to be on the upswing until LeBron retires. IF Miami's cast is superior (funny how you bashed them to prop up LeBron for the past 4 years and now paradoxically prop them up to support LeBron's warrior spirit in moving to a "crappy" cast in Cleveland with 2 Olympians and one who was last years All Star MVP), that will only be for another year or 2.

Its also about fit and balance - its not just about talent. Cleveland has true big men, agile defenders who can run the floor, not gimmick jump shooters masquerading as Cs, they have an all star PG on the perimeter instead of jump shooters masquerading as point guards, and they have stars that actually fit around LeBron, instead of a LeBron clone fast on the decline who cannot play off LeBron in the half court because he can't shoot.

Its obvious who the better cast for LeBron is. The only thing Miami had going was the plethora of sniper role players - those guys are a dime a dozen. Love will play the same Bosh role but is better than Bosh and can actually grab boards, Kyrie will play the Wade role but can actually shoot and beat his defender off the dribble in the half court when the ball swings his way unlike Wade of the present can do. Cavs have bigs who can run the floor, rebound and finish, Miami does not. Cavs have snipers that LeBron loves to pass to just like Miami did.

cavs cast is better but i remember how much bron haters use to overate miamis cast even in the past two years, lol wade/bosh turned from superstars to old and washed up as soon as lebron left.

SILVER SEAVER
08-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Nice strategic move by LeBron. Realized he couldn't count on Wade's health and an aging team not to mention the pressure of being the favorites every season and carrying a load with the Heat. Instead he goes back to the place that he left on bad terms and makes amends with the fanbase and IMO doesn't have legitimate pressure on being the favorite to win it all even though Vegas is wanting people to throw a ton on Cleveland to win. He bides his time until either he has a better option elsewhere or if Cleveland turns into a powerhouse he stays put and still maximizes when the cap increases in 2016. The guy is very savvy.

mngopher35
08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Do people here think he goes back to Cleveland if it wasn't for his history there? I don't see it at all. He wanted to go home and has always wanted to win, they finally gave him a chance at both. Rumors are Love had no interest in going to Cleveland with their talent minus Lebron, he is what changed their outlook.

Most people before fa said they wanted him to go back etc. and it is why many changed their opinion back about him (I think his moves have been way over analyzed/hyped in general though). Chicago, Heat, Rockets to name some all had money and good teams already built but he chose Cleveland (only non playoff team) because they finally had the talent (chance to get it at least) to compare with those teams AND he wanted to return home. I don't think he returns without both of those factors in play it isn't one or the other.

bucketss
08-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Nice strategic move by LeBron. Realized he couldn't count on Wade's health and an aging team not to mention the pressure of being the favorites every season and carrying a load with the Heat. Instead he goes back to the place that he left on bad terms and makes amends with the fanbase and IMO doesn't have legitimate pressure on being the favorite to win it all even though Vegas is wanting people to throw a ton on Cleveland to win. He bides his time until either he has a better option elsewhere or if Cleveland turns into a powerhouse he stays put and still maximizes when the cap increases in 2016. The guy is very savvy.

i don't get it, if hes trying to make amends with the fanbase wouldn't leaving the cavs (again) just completely destroy everything hes trying to do now? that wouldn't be very smart.

HoopKing
08-05-2014, 03:41 PM
He loves Cleveland, you don't leave South Beach for Cleveland if you don't love it.

Big Zo
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
He loves Cleveland, you don't leave South Beach for Cleveland if you don't love it.

You don't include a one year opt out in your contract if you "loved" Cleveland, either.

Goose17
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
You don't include a one year opt out in your contract if you "loved" Cleveland, either.

Of course you do, the cap is going to go up a lot so he can renegotiate for a huge deal then, more so than he can now. The opt out is about money, nothing else. And considering he took a discount to play in Miami I say he's entitled to a huge pay day.

Big Zo
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Of course you do, the cap is going to go up a lot so he can renegotiate for a huge deal then, more so than he can now. The opt out is about money, nothing else. And considering he took a discount to play in Miami I say he's entitled to a huge pay day.

That happens in 2016 with the new TV deal. He can become a free agent again in 2015.

FlashBolt
08-05-2014, 05:28 PM
If Miami had won the championship this year, there's no way he suddenly starts missing all the people that have been dragging his name through the mud these last 4 years.

If Wade/Bosh played worth a crap and Miami won, he'd probably consider staying. Obviously he saw what was going on in Miami. Let's look at the facts, they amnestied Miller for not being "healthy" enough for them but they keep Wade and paid him practically LeBron's money. The worst part is the fact that they denied any wrongdoing of this and the fact that it was only done to save money. What do you know, Miller plays 82 games and Wade plays 2/3rd of the season. Next, LeBron made it public that he wanted James Jones out there because he was too good of a shooter to not be playing. Yet, Spo never listened and forced James to carry this team for the entire regular season and through the playoffs. Let's face it. Heat should have sucked up to James. Cavs did it and it's working out. Anytime you have a superstar of James talent, you make it work for them. They lead you to championships, money, and everything else. The fact they ignored and used him like a rag was proof of that. Look at the playoffs against the Spurs and find the adjustments Spo made. He made ZERO adjustments. At a last resort, he just gave up and took Chalmers out and inserted Beasley. He relies on his players to do everything and LeBron did everything.

The ironic part is both Love and Kyries individual numbers will probably take a dip playing with Bron Bron.....,

Like any other players playing with Bron would most likely go through.. It's called sharing the ball.

NBA_Starter
08-05-2014, 09:51 PM
It is probably a little bit of both honestly.

LakerShow
08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Good post. Exactly how Lebron is. Disloyal moron.

D-Leethal
08-05-2014, 10:23 PM

cavs cast is better but i remember how much bron haters use to overate miamis cast even in the past two years, lol wade/bosh turned from superstars to old and washed up as soon as lebron left.

Well see how that plays out next year. Im not convinced they werent left out to dry in their roles as a result of LeBron thriving next to stand still shooters (not a knock on LeBron) (maybe why LeBron won 60+ so easily with Cavs round 1) more than off the dribble guys who cant shoot (Bosh learned to spread the court but it watered down his game).

Trueblue2
08-06-2014, 05:04 AM

Or maybe the signing of other free agents to miami could have kept him and the cavs clearing space for him coupled with uncertainty surrounding bosh at the time sealed the deal for him. I mean thats a lot more logical and franlly a lot less stupid than saying things happened the way he did because he wanted to handcuff the heat.

And (im guessing you're the OP because I can't wrap my head around someone agreeing with that premise) you clearly do care what his motivation for leaving was because of what the thread is titled.

Jamiecballer
08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I am a huge huge Lebron fan but I don't believe for a second that he goes back if they aren't awash in talent and assets.

Jamiecballer
08-06-2014, 05:56 PM

That's not ironic, that's logical. One ball and all.

Munkeysuit
08-06-2014, 06:08 PM
This was all planned and executed to near perfection...Lebron leaves for a team (The Heat) that will allow him a chance to grow as a player and leader the Cavaliers didn't have when he was there, James leaving for Miami also allowed the Cavs to rebuild via the draft, they fumbled the ball with Bennett but aside from that pick, they did pretty well and Lebron knows this, this is why he was so comfortable to come back to the Cavaliers.
He's figured out a formula to win and win big! I mean Miami could have won 4 titles in a row! and LBJ was the main reason why, he knows this as well.
He is coming back to Cleveland with a team ready to compete and has the resources to retool a roster that will surround him with veteran players and possibly another star...Kevin Love...

PurpleLynch
08-06-2014, 06:26 PM
He simply killed two birds with one stone. He knew Miami was falling apart(even though Riley as GM is an excellent insurance) and he loved the idea of returning home with a young and almost decent team to make it almost a championship one. Plus Cleveland decided to make good moves before/after he joined (hiring Blatt,drafting Wiggins,adding Miller) so the prize was even more appealing for him(We'll see anyway how Love's deal will change things in the Nba) .
The point is that I know it must be harsh for Heat's fans,but he did what was better for him and I can't blame him. Now he has to prove to Cleveland that he will give it all for the Championship,no matter what.

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 08:29 PM
LeBron is a pathetic and disloyal person.
that pretty much is all that needs to be said. That is the mind state of alot of people on Lerun. Case closed.

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 08:34 PM
He simply killed two birds with one stone. He knew Miami was falling apart(even though Riley as GM is an excellent insurance) and he loved the idea of returning home with a young and almost decent team to make it almost a championship one. Plus Cleveland decided to make good moves before/after he joined (hiring Blatt,drafting Wiggins,adding Miller) so the prize was even more appealing for him(We'll see anyway how Love's deal will change things in the Nba) .
The point is that I know it must be harsh for Heat's fans,but he did what was better for him and I can't blame him. Now he has to prove to Cleveland that he will give it all for the Championship,no matter what.
And if Lebron fails to win a ship, yet again in Cleveland that 'he did what was better for him' crap will come back to slap him in the face. While Miami will be laughing in the background saying 'dude can't win jack w/out us/Wade'.

Being a selfish douche won't continue to give you rewards, just like last season being dismantled by the Spurs all this egotism, disloyalty and selfishness is coming back to Lebron.

WITZ
08-06-2014, 09:09 PM
And if Lebron fails to win a ship, yet again in Cleveland that 'he did what was better for him' crap will come back to slap him in the face. While Miami will be laughing in the background saying 'dude can't win jack w/out us/Wade'.

Being a selfish douche won't continue to give you rewards, just like last season being dismantled by the Spurs all this egotism, disloyalty and selfishness is coming back to Lebron.

Yea because they were totally winning those without Lebron. After that *** whooping in the finals riley's pitch of McRoberts and Granger probably made it really hard for him to leave :laugh2:

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Yea because they were totally winning those without Lebron. After that *** whooping in the finals riley's pitch of McRoberts and Granger probably made it really hard for him to leave :laugh2:
i don't even see how you could think any of what you typed was a point at all lmao

dnl123
08-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Nobody makes an important life decision for one simple reason. I'm sure seeing the potential in Cleveland was a big reason but I don't think it was the main factor.

Kenny Powders
08-06-2014, 09:45 PM

So was LeBron dismantled by the Spurs or were the heat? You sound MAD.

FlashBolt
08-06-2014, 09:49 PM

So the same team that failed him in the NBA finals will be laughing at him when LeBron fails in the playoffs? How ironic.. Like how you single James out instead of Miami.

DemarDerozan
08-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Lebron went home because his local PED supplier was arrested... Which also explains the weight loss.

DemarDerozan
08-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Is there a link between steroid use and cramping?

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 11:11 PM
So was LeBron dismantled by the Spurs or were the heat? You sound MAD.
MAD? nah brah, i had money on Spurs all the way. I came out great!

3ballbomber
08-06-2014, 11:21 PM
So the same team that failed him in the NBA finals will be laughing at him when LeBron fails in the playoffs? How ironic.. Like how you single James out instead of Miami.
Heat players don't have a chip on their shoulders for nothing. Riley isn't determined for nothing. Lebron obviously rubbed the entire Heat org the wrong way w/ not only the way he left them hanging but the way he left and for leaving period. So your damn straight these same people will most prob be snickering at any of the Cavs failures. Miami still has one ship over Lebron, do not forget that. He ran to Miami & Wade not the other way around. People seem to get that twisted alot. Miami did not fail him.....Miami got him his only 2 rings. Wade never ran to Cleveland, Bosh wanted to play w/ Wade in Miami. Lebron was the last to decide. Lebron owes Miami his damn career. W/out Lebron we could have balanced out the team w/ a proper Center & contended for years. W/out Lebron we'd still have one ship over Lebron and Lebron would still be ringless. So Heat failing Lebron? nah brah, he should be licking Heats boots. Period!!

Kenny Powders
08-07-2014, 05:53 AM
MAD? nah brah, i had money on Spurs all the way. I came out great!

You conveniently never answered my question. How convenient.

And I'm not your "brah"

Master Mind
08-07-2014, 06:54 AM
It was about his legend and brand. Period. He set himself up to cash in financially. If LeBron was really concerned about playing with another big 3 he'd be in Houston or in LA slap assing with Melo and Kobe or forcing his way into the arms of Chris Paul. He's a businessman, can't knock him for that. He's just a shady one.

jimm120
08-07-2014, 07:27 AM
If I'm Miami, I'm just grateful that Lebron got you 4 straight finals appearences and 2 championships.

Don't think its the other way around. Miami didn't give Lebron the 4 finals and 2 championships.

If Lebron had done this in NY, I wouldn't be mad that he went back to Cleveland after 4 years (again, gave us 4 straight finals and 2 championships). I'd simply appreciate what he brought to the team.

In all honesty, I think it'd be cool if Lebron was a "rolling stone" just going around the league winning championships with different teams.

Cleveland
Miami
Cleveland again to try and win (1 or 2 years only).
Another Team (2-3 years)
Cleveland one last time to end his career.

Master Mind
08-07-2014, 08:02 AM
If I'm Miami, I'm just grateful that Lebron got you 4 straight finals appearences and 2 championships.

Don't think its the other way around. Miami didn't give Lebron the 4 finals and 2 championships.

If Lebron had done this in NY, I wouldn't be mad that he went back to Cleveland after 4 years (again, gave us 4 straight finals and 2 championships). I'd simply appreciate what he brought to the team.

In all honesty, I think it'd be cool if Lebron was a "rolling stone" just going around the league winning championships with different teams.

Cleveland
Miami
Cleveland again to try and win (1 or 2 years only).
Another Team (2-3 years)
Cleveland one last time to end his career.

You're undermining the concept of team. I remember there was a point where 4th qrt disappearance was synonymous with James-Lebron. PSD wouldn't let him live it down. In fact he'd have 3 rings had he shown up for Wade who would've won MVP had they won in 2011. He wasn't even considered the closer or clutch player for lack of a better term, Wade was. He nearly wet the bed against the Spurs in 2012 before a clutch Chris Bosh rebound and a immortalized Ray Allen 3 resuscitated their chance to repeat. Sure he's the best player but he damn sure needed those other guys. Never mind Spo taking his game to new levels, it just so happen that he had his most efficient years with the Heat. But this is a “what have you done for me lately" business and PSD and the media only recognizes Lebron carrying an injured aged Wade and a decrepit team with a noob coach. Yeah sure, he brought Miami those titles all by himself.

ewing
08-07-2014, 08:23 AM
It was about his legend and brand. Period. He set himself up to cash in financially. If LeBron was really concerned about playing with another big 3 he'd be in Houston or in LA slap assing with Melo and Kobe or forcing his way into the arms of Chris Paul. He's a businessman, can't knock him for that. He's just a shady one.

sure i can. all he has to do is so up and ball and his family would be set for generations yet he still has to be a douchy business man?

PurpleLynch
08-07-2014, 08:36 AM

Maybe you should walk a mile in someone else's shoes to judge people. You are just bitter and mad,but it's not a surprise,James is a very polarizing player.It's their ****ing job and you are judging behind your keyboard.
Work your *** off to make it to the Nba,then we'll talk about what is right or wrong to do in your career.
And Lebron is not even one of my favourite players and I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that it's easy talkin' **** behind a computer,you have to experiment Nba's life to judge a player.

Kenny Powders
08-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Heat players don't have a chip on their shoulders for nothing. Riley isn't determined for nothing. Lebron obviously rubbed the entire Heat org the wrong way w/ not only the way he left them hanging but the way he left and for leaving period. So your damn straight these same people will most prob be snickering at any of the Cavs failures. Miami still has one ship over Lebron, do not forget that. He ran to Miami & Wade not the other way around. People seem to get that twisted alot. Miami did not fail him.....Miami got him his only 2 rings. Wade never ran to Cleveland, Bosh wanted to play w/ Wade in Miami. Lebron was the last to decide. Lebron owes Miami his damn career. W/out Lebron we could have balanced out the team w/ a proper Center & contended for years. W/out Lebron we'd still have one ship over Lebron and Lebron would still be ringless. So Heat failing Lebron? nah brah, he should be licking Heats boots. Period!!

Don't kid yourself, if it wasn't for LeBron, the heat wouldn't have won two championships and went to 4 straight finals. The heat didn't give anything to Lebron.

Yanks All Day
08-07-2014, 08:39 AM
How difficult of a concept is this?

Miami just got dismantled by San Antonio in the Finals.
Dwyane Wade can't stay healthy and gets abused by role players.
Chris Bosh (LeBron's 2nd option) turned into a 7-foot shooter who doesn't play down low.
Mickey Arison, while a fantastic owner, chose to make cost-cutting moves instead of pay higher taxes.
Lowry and Gortat, the 2 best role players on the market, re-upped with their teams almost immediately.

LeBron saw the reality of the situation. He had to do everything for Miami. Anyone who watched the Heat play last year saw that they were more like the 2007 Cavs than the 2013 Miami Heat. LeBron had to play point guard/distributor. LeBron had to bang down low and grab the important rebounds. LeBron had to defend the best player on the other team. LeBron had to do the bulk of the scoring. He's been through this already. He didn't want to do it again.

His roster in Cleveland could look like:

Irving/Delladova
Waiters/Allen
LeBron/Miller/Marion
Love/Thompson
Varejao/Hayward

That's miles better than anything Miami could have put together, given the current situation once Lowry and Gortat re-signed. It would still have been LeBron carrying an old and injured D-Wade while the role players tried to hit shots. Miami was pigeon-holed into 3 stars and hoping role players had good enough years to make it work. Unfortunately, that fell apart last year. LeBron didn't want to repeat that, so he went to a better situation.

It really is that simple. Cleveland was a younger team with more cap flexibility. It was also home for LeBron. If Marion, Allen, and Love end up on the Cavs (which all seem inevitable), they're a legitimate 10-deep team. That roster looks complete. It also gives LeBron at least a 5 year window to compete at a high level, something this Heat roster couldnt provide. It is so much more appealing that what Miami had to offer. He was a free agent and made the best decision for himself. That's the point of free agency. LeBron owed nothing to Miami except for a "thank you," just like Miami owed nothing to LeBron except that same "thank you." They had a great 4 year run, and he moved on and went home to a better situation for him. Really simple.

PurpleLynch
08-07-2014, 08:53 AM
How difficult of a concept is this?

Miami just got dismantled by San Antonio in the Finals.
Dwyane Wade can't stay healthy and gets abused by role players.
Chris Bosh (LeBron's 2nd option) turned into a 7-foot shooter who doesn't play down low.
Mickey Arison, while a fantastic owner, chose to make cost-cutting moves instead of pay higher taxes.
Lowry and Gortat, the 2 best role players on the market, re-upped with their teams almost immediately.

LeBron saw the reality of the situation. He had to do everything for Miami. Anyone who watched the Heat play last year saw that they were more like the 2007 Cavs than the 2013 Miami Heat. LeBron had to play point guard/distributor. LeBron had to bang down low and grab the important rebounds. LeBron had to defend the best player on the other team. LeBron had to do the bulk of the scoring. He's been through this already. He didn't want to do it again.

His roster in Cleveland could look like:

Irving/Delladova
Waiters/Allen
LeBron/Miller/Marion
Love/Thompson
Varejao/Hayward

That's miles better than anything Miami could have put together, given the current situation once Lowry and Gortat re-signed. It would still have been LeBron carrying an old and injured D-Wade while the role players tried to hit shots. Miami was pigeon-holed into 3 stars and hoping role players had good enough years to make it work. Unfortunately, that fell apart last year. LeBron didn't want to repeat that, so he went to a better situation.

It really is that simple. Cleveland was a younger team with more cap flexibility. It was also home for LeBron. If Marion, Allen, and Love end up on the Cavs (which all seem inevitable), they're a legitimate 10-deep team. That roster looks complete. It also gives LeBron at least a 5 year window to compete at a high level, something this Heat roster couldnt provide. It is so much more appealing that what Miami had to offer. He was a free agent and made the best decision for himself. That's the point of free agency. LeBron owed nothing to Miami except for a "thank you," just like Miami owed nothing to LeBron except that same "thank you." They had a great 4 year run, and he moved on and went home to a better situation for him. Really simple.

Try to explain that to user 3ballbomber. I agree with you.

RowBTrice
08-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes, he used the "going home" reason as his excuse. If the Cavs roster sucked, he would of never "gone home." And yes, you are a bitter heat fan. All about it when Lebron was on your team, but now that he left you wanna bash it for the punk that he is.