PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Cousins, #1CENTER get any respect?

CousinsEvansDUO
08-03-2014, 12:27 AM
It is flat out disrespect, an outrage, pure alien lunacy that some no name scrub like mason plumber, aka Mr. average 4points 4 rebounds get considerations to take COUSINS RIGHTFUL SPOT as team USA's bigman. Season after season he has shown tremendous growth, and built upon his impressive rookie season by become an unstoppable monster, a NYC subway train cut loose without stopping not even a million rats can stop him. This is a center that you speak of on terms of Hakeem...Duncan...shaq..I can recall about a hundred dozen games last season where cousins had a 30-20 game if it wasn't for foul trouble, how could such an MVP caliber Player get so little respect not just in the nba but in basketball in general? Cousins defense has improved to top 5. He is already lithe number one offensive talent for a bigman in the world, probably third after kd and lebron....but a random no name scrub like plumbee is going to get on the roster simply because he's on a well more established franchise like the nets? Just because coach k liked giving him special kisses at duke and seeking him after practice for a relaxation time? #GODSAVEBOOGIE #BOOGIEFORAMERICA #CantStopWontStop

goingfor28
08-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Ok

Cal827
08-03-2014, 12:31 AM
:laugh: We missed you CED!

Well, we know you love yourself some Cousins, but I do agree with you. The coaches must really not like Cousins or something. Cousins/Drummond at the C would be pretty much the best of both sides.... and Cousins/Davis would be the offense/defense you want from your front court.

But I guess when there's so much talent to choose from, the US president has to do something to anger everyone lol

ThuglifeJ
08-03-2014, 12:33 AM
#1 C?

Marc and Howard say hi

Cohiba
08-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Because he's a 12 year old in a mans body.

flea
08-03-2014, 12:43 AM
He proved it in a hundred dozen games, huh? Well in that case let's anoint him GOAT.

lionel
08-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Dude i agree... i too believe him to be (by a slight margin) the best center. Hes the best offensive center in the league hands down and a top 12 defender

bucketss
08-03-2014, 12:45 AM
ok

force_within
08-03-2014, 12:49 AM
because he acts like a high school kid..

Animosity
08-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Maybe if he spent more time in his career playing ball instead of being a man child he would get respect.

DR_1
08-03-2014, 01:01 AM
#1 C?

Marc and Howard say hi

I noah guy...

Jamiecballer
08-03-2014, 01:03 AM
It is flat out disrespect, an outrage, pure alien lunacy that some no name scrub like mason plumber, aka Mr. average 4points 4 rebounds get considerations to take COUSINS RIGHTFUL SPOT as team USA's bigman. Season after season he has shown tremendous growth, and built upon his impressive rookie season by become an unstoppable monster, a NYC subway train cut loose without stopping not even a million rats can stop him. This is a center that you speak of on terms of Hakeem...Duncan...shaq..I can recall about a hundred dozen games last season where cousins had a 30-20 game if it wasn't for foul trouble, how could such an MVP caliber Player get so little respect not just in the nba but in basketball in general? Cousins defense has improved to top 5. He is already lithe number one offensive talent for a bigman in the world, probably third after kd and lebron....but a random no name scrub like plumbee is going to get on the roster simply because he's on a well more established franchise like the nets? Just because coach k liked giving him special kisses at duke and seeking him after practice for a relaxation time? #GODSAVEBOOGIE #BOOGIEFORAMERICA #CantStopWontStop
I can't say I've seen a lot of growth in cousins unless we are talking purely about what happens on the court. And you are an idiot if you think that isn't a big factor.

Leftcoast_yg
08-03-2014, 01:13 AM
I think since Tyreke is long gone from the Kings, the Op should ask psd for permission to change his user name for something more up to date with the kings current roster.

Gaycousinsduo.
:shrug:

Hahahahahahh!!!!

Meth
08-03-2014, 01:26 AM
CED has returned.

Solid post and an engaging and riveting discussion.

Meth
08-03-2014, 01:26 AM
I think since Tyreke is long gone from the Kings, the Op should ask psd for permission to change his user name for something more up to date with the kings current roster.

Gaycousinsduo.

Nice

SILVER SEAVER
08-03-2014, 01:44 AM
He is an immature headcase. Sometimes the upside ain't worth the headache. A lot of talent coming out of Kentucky but not able to have long lasting NBA careers due to either health or immaturity.

DallasTrilla23
08-03-2014, 02:00 AM

Gaycousinsduo.

Nice one.

MagicBucsSox
08-03-2014, 02:27 AM
I noah guy...

Dude stop. Dwight is a better scorer,blocker rebounder & more DPOYs than Noah and Gasol combined. And has taken team further than either of them or any center in the league. Add cousins in that mix too

ghettosean
08-03-2014, 02:33 AM
I noah guy...

Dude stop. Dwight is a better scorer,blocker rebounder & more DPOYs than Noah and Gasol combined. And has taken team further than either of them or any center in the league. Add cousins in that mix too

Didn't Duncan just win a championship and slaughter Portland who beat the rockets. Just saying

Cohiba
08-03-2014, 02:39 AM

You forgot man child and terrible teammate.

But he's a real hit when he takes you to prom, as long as he can squeeze time in between road games and practice

...too soon?

Ariza's Better
08-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Didn't Duncan just win a championship and slaughter Portland who beat the rockets. Just saying
Isn't Splitter the spurs C.

ghettosean
08-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Isn't Splitter the spurs C.

Splitter isn't a starter... he usually subs for Duncan

Mr.B
08-03-2014, 03:01 AM
I'll tell you exactly why he isn't being considered. Team chemistry, he kills it.

Ariza's Better
08-03-2014, 03:24 AM
He started 50 of 59 regular season games and 18 of 23 games in the playoffs. But whatever.

ghettosean
08-03-2014, 03:46 AM
He started 50 of 59 regular season games and 18 of 23 games in the playoffs. But whatever.

My bad your right i keep thinking of Manu as a starter but still i know he's considered a PF but he plays both positions.

Ariza's Better
08-03-2014, 04:13 AM
My bad your right i keep thinking of Manu as a starter but still i know he's considered a PF but he plays both positions.
All good. I just consider him a PF who sometimes plays C.

kingsdelez24
08-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Its ridiculous how coach k is overlooking talent to take one of his duke guys.

Its like the dream team taking Laetner over Shaq, except that Laetner did more than just pick and roll unlike either of the Plumlee's

DemarDerozan
08-03-2014, 04:50 AM
Cousins will make the league feel his pain this year. I'm predicting 25/12/1/1 and the kings making the playoffs. **** coach K.

DemarDerozan
08-03-2014, 04:52 AM
#1 C?

Marc and Howard say hi

**** Dwight. Marc maybe.

DemarDerozan
08-03-2014, 04:54 AM
ok

Like yer sig

DemarDerozan
08-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Bold prediction... Kings trade for a solid PF and beat out the Rockets for a playoff spot.

3ballbomber
08-03-2014, 05:30 AM
if you have to ask & you don't know by now...then you will never know.

ChicagoFan4Eva
08-03-2014, 05:33 AM
Noah says hi.

Goose17
08-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Great talent. ****** attitude.

Plumlee is no scrub. Per 36 you're looking at 15 and 8, plus he's efficient and can make big plays... and most importantly, he's a team player.

Goose17
08-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Noah says hi.

He's playing for the French... not America. He opted out of playing this year.

east fb knicks
08-03-2014, 06:20 AM

Gaycousinsduo.

:laugh2::laugh:

Minimal
08-03-2014, 07:26 AM
why people don't take it seriously? cousins is the best center in the league along with howard and i expect for him to make a big leap over howard next season and don't come up with that ******** attitude excuse, this has nothing to do with the way he plays.

Goose17
08-03-2014, 07:33 AM
why people don't take it seriously? cousins is the best center in the league along with howard and i expect for him to make a big leap over howard next season and don't come up with that ******** attitude excuse, this has nothing to do with the way he plays.

Attitude has everything to do with it. If you're too self-centered, don't care about the team and can't control your temper, you're going to find yourself not getting picked for things like the world cup.

It's the same reason people dislike Dwight, he's always joking around and never seems to take anything serious.

Cousins only seems to care about himself, his attitude leads to him not reaching his full potential and his immaturity leads to him pissing off his team mates and coaches. I mean his own team suspended him due to attitude issues and being so confrontational.

Even Sac fans were getting tired of it a while back, when he was leading the league in techs.

DR_1
08-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Dude stop. Dwight is a better scorer,blocker rebounder

Debatable. He hasn't been quite the same since that back injury.

Yanks All Day
08-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Ok, I'll play devil's advocate here...

It's true that Cousins is probably a top 5 center in the NBA right now. I believe Marc Gasol, Howard, Noah, and Dwight are all clearly better, and a healthy Brook Lopez would challenge for that 5th spot, but we can all agree Cousins is definitely better than Mason Plumlee.

But...

This isn't picking the All-Star team. This is the World Championships, where the United States is going to have far more talent than any other country. Maybe 1 or 2 other teams should be able to give the U.S. a real game. When you have that much talent, then yes, the coaches can use attitude as a reason to leave someone off the team. So Cousins' reputation as an immature player compared to Plumlee's reputation as a guy who listens, learns, and hustles can play a major part there.

Furthermore, Plumlee does seem like he fits Team USA's scheme better anyway. Look at the guards and forwards on the team. At any point, Kyrie, Curry, Wall, Beal, Harden, or Rose could be bringing the ball up with Durant, Faried, and Davis running along side them. This isn't a team that's looking to post up. There's really no one on the team that's going to play with their back to the basket. Plumlee fits the up and down game better than Cousins does. Coach K, Thibs, Colangelo, etc. might feel like they don't need a true center when this version of their team isn't really a half court team.

imagesrdecievin
08-03-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't think anyone would deny that Cousins is clearly a superior player to Plumlee. But the question is - "Can Cousins be relied upon to be a role player?"

It would be just as easy to argue that there are much better players than Kyle Korver available to play for Team USA - but everyone recognizes that he is there to play a specific role.

Hell - maybe Coach K is just trying to motivate Cousins to accept that if he wants to make the team then he'll have to hustle his *** off and play the role of garbage man. Not post up and then fail to get back on defense because he's too busy griping to international refs who will be targeting the "hot headed American".

MagicBucsSox
08-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Debatable. He hasn't been quite the same since that back injury.

No it's no debatable , your just homer full of it. A bulls fan not a bball fan.

ThuglifeJ
08-03-2014, 09:39 AM
#1 C?

Marc and Howard say hi

I noah guy...

I'm a big Noah guy but he doesn't have any skill set compared to them. By skill set I mean dwights defense , marcs offense and defense. Both those guys cab be your best player, Noah cannot.

likemystylez
08-03-2014, 09:53 AM
#1 center? wouldnt the number 1 center get their team to the playoffs once in a while? Mason Plumlee has been on a playoff squad already and hes a rookie

PleaseBeNice
08-03-2014, 10:21 AM
#1 center? wouldnt the number 1 center get their team to the playoffs once in a while? Mason Plumlee has been on a playoff squad already and hes a rookie

That's all we need to know. Plumlee>Cousins.

And East>West

Right?

JAZZNC
08-03-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm a big Noah guy but he doesn't have any skill set compared to them. By skill set I mean dwights defense , marcs offense and defense. Both those guys cab be your best player, Noah cannot.
Wow man, so Noah has no skills? He is probably the best passing big man in the league and Chicago ran their offense thru him last year.

JasonJohnHorn
08-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Well.... first, it is a subjective matter as to whether or now Cousins in the best center. He is up there.

He is certainly better than Plumlee at this point: no question.

What you have to consider is style of play and chemistry. If the team is loaded up with scorers, then what they need is rebounding and defense in the post. Cousins is a beast on the boards, but he isn't as strong defensively as some other centers (Chandler, Noah, M. Gasol, Dwight, Horford). Mason is not as good a rebounder, but many consider him a strong defender.

Plumblee also will not demand the ball. The team needs roll players who can score at an efficient rate when they get the chance, but fit into their roll when other guys have the ball. Plumblee fits the bill. He is a strong defender, shoots over .600 from the floor and doesn't mind when he doesn't get touches.

There might have also been personality conflicts.

You have to remember, there are a few teams with several All-Stars (Miamia last year, OKC, HOU), but most teams only have one or even no All-Stars. Cousins is used to getting what he wants in SAC-town because he is a big fish in a little pond. When he meets up with other big fishes from other little ponds, their is an adjustment period and some of these guys are not going to get along.

It is not a knock on Cousins. It is more about building a team with chemistry. Tayshuan Prince was on the roster in 2008 for instance, and there were bigger names than him that didn't make the team. But he fit well with the rosters.

You look at the 2004 team,that had Iverson, Marbury and Melo on it? It's no wonder they didn't win the gold. There wasn't enough balls to go around.

The 2012 team had Antony Davis, who hadn't played a game yet, Tyson Chandler, Iggy, and Harden (who wasn't an All-Star yet). There were other guys who were likely better than some of those guys, but the team was build based on chemistry.

A roster featuring an aging Dirk, and aging Kidd, an aging Marion, Jason terry and Tynson Chandler (who was dumped by a lottery team) does't sound like it would beat a team with LBJ, Bosh and Wade in their prime, but they did. And they SWEPT the Lakers coached by Jackson with Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Artest and Odom.... so...

PleaseBeNice
08-03-2014, 12:07 PM
What makes Plumlee a strong defender?

Goose17
08-03-2014, 12:37 PM
What makes Plumlee a strong defender?

His defense?

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Does cousins even play defense? Number one center should make the playoffs at least. I guess he ain't the number one center.

Minimal
08-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Does cousins even play defense? Number one center should make the playoffs at least. I guess he ain't the number one center.
he leads his team in defensive rating, with 101, 2nd after him is reggie evans with only 104, i guess that says something about him and about his team, he deserves to make the playoffs, but his teammates with the exception of i. thomas are garbage.

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 12:52 PM
he leads his team in defensive rating, with 101, 2nd after him is reggie evans with only 104, i guess that says something about him and about his team.

That he is the least bad defender on the team?

Minimal
08-03-2014, 12:55 PM
That he is the least bad defender on the team?
that he is the best defender on the team, atleast someone who makes the most impact, being surrounded by garbage defenders.

beasted86
08-03-2014, 12:59 PM
1. Attitude
2. Lack of defensive discipline and effort despite the ability to be elite
3. Lack of leadership
4. Offensive efficiency
5. Unknown whether he actually contributes to winning

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 01:02 PM
that he is the best defender on the team, atleast someone who makes the most impact, being surrounded by garbage defenders.

You and me can word it how ever we want. You can say he is a good center or whatever but when you call him the best center in the NBA, I will hold him to higher standards. If he can't even make the playoffs or not even contend for a 8-9th spot, I disregard stupid statements like these.

beasted86
08-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Joachim Noah has all of those things I listed above. If you could match those things with Cousins' skills then maybe you would actually have the number one Center in the league, and a guy known as a "great" in this era.

Cousins instead will be a forgotten player.

Goose17
08-03-2014, 01:14 PM
You and me can word it how ever we want. You can say he is a good center or whatever but when you call him the best center in the NBA, I will hold him to higher standards. If he can't even make the playoffs or not even contend for a 8-9th spot, I disregard stupid statements like these.

Playoffs? In the West? With that roster. A prime Tim Duncan couldn't carry that roster into the playoffs, not out West.

Give Cousins Harden, Beverley, Parsons and Jones. We'll see if he makes the playoffs then.

That's a terrible argument, sorry bud.

Minimal
08-03-2014, 01:17 PM
teams make the playoffs, not players alone, so who has the stupid statement right here? so what kevin love isn't the best pf in the game, because he never made the playoffs? maybe some people don't understand, but cousins was 5th in per last season and averaged 25.3/13/3.2/1.7/1.4 per 36 minutes, he was the best defender on the team he plays on and shot 5% more accurate than his teams average, which is mostly due to cousins himself, his impact should not be questioned, without him they are the worst team in nba.

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Playoffs? In the West? With that roster. A prime Tim Duncan couldn't carry that roster into the playoffs, not out West.

Give Cousins Harden, Beverley, Parsons and Jones. We'll see if he makes the playoffs then.

A prime Tim Duncan? A prime Tim Duncan was taking a slightly better roster besides himself to a freaking championship. Tim Duncan actually played great defense and great offence. Wow I can't even comprehend.

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 01:33 PM
teams make the playoffs, not players alone, so who has the stupid statement right here? so what kevin love isn't the best pf in the game, because he never made the playoffs? maybe some people don't understand, but cousins was 5th in per last season and averaged 25.3/13/3.2/1.7/1.4 per 36 minutes, he was the best defender on the team he plays on and shot 5% more accurate than his teams average, which is mostly due to cousins himself, his impact should not be questioned, without him they are the worst team in nba.

Teams win championships. Individual great players can take their team to the playoffs. They just aren't great players. Maybe if Love had the clutch gene, they would win more of those close games during the season.

Crackadalic
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
You need to do something about that profile pic bruh

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 01:37 PM
You need to do something about that profile pic bruh

Me?

beasted86
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM

Rudy Gay was part of a playoff team before, and the Kings have some decent pieces.

I don't buy the argument that the Kings shouldn't be in playoff contention, but lets say I start to believe you there. But are you really telling me that the Kings shouldn't be able to win at least 32 games?

Cousins doesn't contribute to winning, man. Just face it guys. Stop putting everything on his team playing in the West as though that's an excuse. I don't get why so many fans are blaming teams nowadays yet still trying to propel individual players to #1 status.

Wade had Yahkouba Diawara, and 2nd year Joel Anthony starting for 25+ games each in 2008 and they finished over .500... please don't try and talk crap about playing in the East as a crutch. That's what elite players are able to do, and how big of a difference they make.

I understand Cousins isn't prime Wade caliber... fine... but then DON'T MAKE THESE THREADS!!!!

Goose17
08-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Kings should win more but you can't measure individual talent based on "can they single handedly drag a team into the playoffs" that's just foolish.

Anthony Davis... guessing he's not top tier talent? Goran Dragic? Guessing he's not top talent? Carmelo Anthony? Guessing he's not top talent? I guess Kevin Love is not top tier talent?

Give me a break.

beasted86
08-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Kings should win more but you can't expect someone to single handedly drag a team into the playoffs.

Anthony Davis... guessing he's not top teir talent? Goran Dragic? Guessing he's not top talent? Carmelo Anthony? Guessing he's not top talent? I guess Kevin Love is not top level talent?

Give me a break.

These players such as Cousins and Love are good players, not superstar number 1 players at their position like some make them out to be. If they "should" win more games why don't they win more games? It really comes down to a question as simple as that. True superstar players don't simply give up and say "our team sucks so I'm not going to go full out anymore". Wade in 2008-10 was very frustrated, and let the media and team management know just how frustrated he was playing with the crap pieced together team they put around him. That didn't stop him from being elite and putting his team in a position to be a winning team, and him being a true closer and difference maker in the clutch of tight finishes.

Aside from that its hilarious that you bring up Goran Dragic and Anthony Davis when both of them lead their team to better records than Cousins has ever won in the NBA.

sep11ie
08-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Crooner won this thread.

kingsdelez24
08-03-2014, 02:33 PM

That's all we need to know. Plumlee>Cousins.

And East>West

Right?

Plumlee also gallantly led them to the playoffs too

Smh

mudvayne387
08-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Gaycousinsduo.

Winner

Goose17
08-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Aside from that its hilarious that you bring up Goran Dragic and Anthony Davis when both of them lead their team to better records than Cousins has ever won in the NBA.

But neither of them made the playoffs so clearly they're overrated and not good players at all... right? That's your own logic right there.

PleaseBeNice
08-03-2014, 02:51 PM
beasted86, lol. Keep talking

IversonIsKrazy
08-03-2014, 03:02 PM
I believe it is not only his maturity, but they want a fast uptempo big who can run. They know COusins is far more skilled than Plumbee (or however u spell the name), but he is the better fit? I guess that's the rationale

Goose17
08-03-2014, 03:11 PM
They know COusins is far more skilled than Plumbee (or however u spell the name),

Cousins. Capital C, rest of his name is lower case.
Plumlee, it's spelled phonetically.

Your English is pretty good considering it's not your first language though. I always have respect for people who speak, read and write in more than one language. Props to you.

Ironman5219
08-03-2014, 03:22 PM
I'll tell you exactly why he isn't being considered. Team chemistry, he kills it.

This

AddiX
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Cousins is a knucklehead, that's why he doesn't get the respect his talent should warrant him.

It's one thing to be a stupid player, it's a whole different problem being a knucklehead.

When your as good as cousins is and plumlee is getting chosen over you, you should take that a smack in the face.

beasted86
08-03-2014, 03:55 PM
But neither of them made the playoffs so clearly they're overrated and not good players at all... right? That's your own logic right there.

Maybe if you are illiterate you might come away with that assumption, yes.

But otherwise, you might agree that they are good players, but nowhere near superstars or #1 at their position.

KingPosey
08-03-2014, 04:23 PM

That is an awful, idiotic blanket statement with no merit.

He's been AWFUL teams, under the Maloofs who were destroying the franchise, while playing in the Western Conference which has been deep up and down for years now.

Cousins would have a good chance to accidentally lead a team to the playoffs in the awful eastern conference

Goose17
08-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Maybe if you are illiterate you might come away with that assumption, yes.

But otherwise, you might agree that they are good players, but nowhere near superstars or #1 at their position.

What is your definition of a super star? Superstars are defined by popularity imo, so Love is definitely a super star as is Davis. And I never said anyone was number one at anything, I said you can't disregard an individuals talent based on the success of their team, just like you can't credit the accumulated success of a team to one guy.

Cousins is easily one of the top 5 big men in the league on sheer talent and potential. His immaturity holds him back from developing further though... imo at least.

beasted86
08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
What is your definition of a super star? Superstars are defined by popularity imo, so Love is definitely a super star as is Davis. And I never said anyone was number one at anything, I said you can't disregard an individuals talent based on the success of their team, just like you can't credit the accumulated success of a team to one guy.

Cousins is easily one of the top 5 big men in the league on sheer talent and potential. His immaturity holds him back from developing further though... imo at least.

Top 5? I don't know about that. Top 5 Center, yes. All around big man (PFs+Cs)? Not in my opinion.

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 05:59 PM
beasted86, lol. Keep talking

What kind of ****** comment is this?

flea
08-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Bosh, Duncan, Noah, Gasol, and Dirk are all still miles better than Cousins. I can probably think of another 5 that are at least at his level. He's a volume scorer at the least important offensive position, a mediocre man defender and a bad team defender, and he's not incredibly efficient.

I would take Bogut, Aldridge, Howard, P. Gasol, and Horford all way before Cousins. I put Cousins on the same level as guys like David Lee, Robin Lopez, Tiago Spitter, and some of the better stretch 4s. Is he way more talented than those guys? Obviously. But considering how important defense is at his position, and how lacking he is on that end, I feel comfortable putting him on the level of hustle guys like that.

SluggeR
08-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Because he plays for an irrelevant franchise on the west coast..duh.

ManRam
08-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Crooner won this thread.

A true martyr!

RIP, Crooner!

NBA_Starter
08-03-2014, 10:43 PM
He has all of the physical tools but some maturing to do.

tredigs
08-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Here's a great interview he did yesterday on his Team USA chances and his thoughts on some of the other players + the Kings: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/02/6601062/ailene-voisin-a-qa-with-kings.html

Sadds The Gr8
08-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Crooner got perma'd? Nooooooooo

ThuglifeJ
08-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Wow man, so Noah has no skills? He is probably the best passing big man in the league and Chicago ran their offense thru him last year.

Okay have fun dumping the ball down low to Noah for offense..I'll take Gasol or Dwight as robotic as Dwight is

Avenged
08-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Crooner for life. Get it together PSD.

Sactown
08-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Eh people love to hate on Boogie, and in the past his antics were incredibly frustrating to watch as a fan , but last season had as many technical fouls as Durant and Blake, and was surrounded by Noah Dwight as well.. he has become a leader on and off the court and has greatly improved... Best part about it is, he improved after he received his payday and nobody hates to lose more than Cousins

Vinny642
08-04-2014, 01:36 AM
I like Cousins, and it is crazy for Plumlee to take his spot... but the real thing about this is Crooner getting permed....

Everybody please go to the Village of the Banned and report his thread.... that is just embarrassing PSD.

dannyy08
08-04-2014, 02:35 AM

100% agree! He is the best quarterback since Joe Montanya!

Crackadalic
08-04-2014, 02:37 AM
Me?

lmaoo nah the op troll boy and also RIP to crooner. He's the messiah of psd

True Sports Fan
08-04-2014, 03:08 AM
Perry Jones > Melo

Common sense? On PSD?

Kings should win more but you can't measure individual talent based on "can they single handedly drag a team into the playoffs" that's just foolish.

Anthony Davis... guessing he's not top tier talent? Goran Dragic? Guessing he's not top talent? Carmelo Anthony? Guessing he's not top talent? I guess Kevin Love is not top tier talent?

Give me a break.

Goose17
08-04-2014, 03:14 AM
Top 5? I don't know about that. Top 5 Center, yes. All around big man (PFs+Cs)? Not in my opinion.

Yeah I meant center. Not sure why I didn't just say that.

_Supreme_
08-04-2014, 05:08 AM
A true martyr!

RIP, Crooner!

Was he seriously permabanned for that comment at the beginning of the thread... ??

Hopefully there was more to it than that, otherwise: :bs:

Munkeysuit
08-04-2014, 06:02 AM
I agree with Boogie being snubbed on the consideration of Plumlee over him, BUT I do not agree with DeMarcus Cousins being the #1 Center in the NBA, however, I do get your a huge fan of his and well entitled to an opinion.

mike_noodles
08-04-2014, 06:56 AM
He proved it in a hundred dozen games, huh? Well in that case let's anoint him GOAT.

Ya, was a 1200 game season last year. :speechless:

CityofTreez
08-04-2014, 07:30 AM
What up CousinsEvansDuo?

ewing
08-04-2014, 08:31 AM
cause he isn't the best center in the league

Rockice_8
08-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Howard
Gasol
Noah
Lopez (healthy)

I'd take all of them over Cousins. Impressive numbers don't hold much weight until you can do it on a playoff team. Cousins is on his way but still has a ways to go.

And Plumlee is far from a no name scrub.

TheMightyHumph
08-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Plumlee also gallantly led them to the playoffs too

Smh

Nets were 16-6 when Plumlee started. He was the best thing about the Nets regular season.

TheMightyHumph
08-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Okay have fun dumping the ball down low to Noah for offense..I'll take Gasol or Dwight as robotic as Dwight is

If Noah doesn't have a decent opportunity to score down low, he will pass the ball out, and generally very well.

LAcowBOMBER
08-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Cousins isn't that well suited for the international game. Coach K said it himself. Gave him a lot of credit for working at it though

RAPS424
08-04-2014, 06:09 PM
His defense?

Best answer !!!! I couldn't stop laughing !! Lmao

smith&wesson
08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Cousins is a very talented big man. He needs to be in a great system. if he played for pops or thibs, he would def be the best big man in the league imo.

lakerfan85
08-05-2014, 01:19 AM
So Crooner got banned for making a joke?? There's a bunch of sensitive *****es roaming the forum nowadays. .

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2014, 05:54 AM
#FreeCroonie

lakerfan85
08-05-2014, 10:20 AM
#freecrooner!!!

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
#freecrooner!!!

Yes!!!!

#FreeCrooner!!!!

SPURSFAN1
08-05-2014, 01:01 PM
It's probably a tempban. Ya need to chill with this gay freecrooner ****.

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

It's Perma. And it was because he used "gay" as a slur like you did just now.

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Someone who's been a PSD member for almost 10years shouldn't get perma banned for something so soft.

Plus, if you're gonna act fake gangsta, make sure you're not yapping at a real OG.

#FreeCrooner

Sadds The Gr8
08-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Permas shouldn't exist period. Just ban for 6-12 months and once ppl keep getting those bans they'll eventually go away themselves.

#freecrooner

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Permas shouldn't exist period. Just ban for 6-12 months and once ppl keep getting those bans they'll eventually go away themselves.

#freecrooner

:hi5:

SPURSFAN1
08-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive. awkward, stupid, or bad; lame: This game is really gay.

SPURSFAN1
08-05-2014, 04:12 PM
It says Hellcrooner is watching this thread. That seems like a tempban to me.

SPURSFAN1
08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Now if you see me ranting about homosexuals feel free to ban me.

ManRam
08-05-2014, 05:18 PM

#freecrooner

Agreed. It's just a silly sports forum. There are no stakes at all here. #freecrooner

Robbw241
08-05-2014, 05:27 PM
#FreeCrooner

Matter.
08-05-2014, 05:54 PM
#freecrooner

TheMightyHumph
08-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Cousins doesn't get respect because respect has to be earned.

Sactown
08-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Cousins doesn't get respect because respect has to be earned.

23/12/3 with 1.5 steals and 1.3 blocks playing good defense... I think he earned it big guy

kobe4thewinbang
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
You know free agency is over when people are whining about who makes the cut for the Olympic team...

Cousins has POTENTIAL. He still has attitude problems and he's on a terrible team.

Sactown
08-05-2014, 11:13 PM
You know free agency is over when people are whining about who makes the cut for the Olympic team...

Cousins has POTENTIAL. He still has attitude problems and he's on a terrible team.

Coach K on DMCs attitude... "It's tremendous" ... Dude doesn't have attitude problems

SPURSFAN1
08-06-2014, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVaMEHmvAE

Avenged
08-06-2014, 03:43 AM

What's funny is that he didn't use it as a slur.. Rudy GAY plays for the kings..

TheSilentBang
08-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Dude i agree... i too believe him to be (by a slight margin) the best center. Hes the best offensive center in the league hands down and a top 12 defender

Forget planet, please tell me in which universe is DMC a top 12 defender at the C position?

GREATNESS ONE
08-06-2014, 06:14 PM
What's funny is that he didn't use it as a slur.. Rudy GAY plays for the kings..

Pretty much.

#FreeCrooner