PDA

View Full Version : Since their both in RFA purgatory, why not a swap?

valade16
08-01-2014, 10:24 PM
It appears both Bledsoe and Monroe are not getting contract offers because both teams will match and both players are dissapointed they won't be getting their big new contract...

So why not a swap, Monroe for Bledsoe.

Both teams have a logjam at those positions too, Phoenix has Thomas, Dragic and Bledsoe and Detroit has Drummond, Monroe and Smith.

What do you think?

Hellcrooner
08-01-2014, 10:28 PM
thought of it the other day.
Makes too much sense and we all know if it makes too much sense it never happens in this league.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Nah.

valade16
08-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Nah.

For which team?

king4day
08-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Because neither guy is worth, nor getting, the max. Which is what both guys are commanding

valade16
08-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Because neither guy is worth, nor getting, the max. Which is what both guys are commanding

I think Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons proved, more often than not, young talent get what they want and not what they deserve.

king4day
08-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I think Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons proved, more often than not, young talent get what they want and not what they deserve.

True.
From what I'm hearing out of the Suns' side, we have offered 4 @ 48 and have a 'take that or the QO' offer on the table.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up getting something like 4 @ 54 or 5 @ 60 but everyone (including Detroit regarding Monroe) are so tight lipped right now. Who knows what's going on.

NBA_Starter
08-01-2014, 10:43 PM
That would be a nice swap for the Pistons.

force_within
08-01-2014, 10:59 PM
seems logical, you should tell their FO's

Ariza's Better
08-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Would be great for suns, not sure about pistons. It would be a cluster**** at the gaurd positions.

DR_1
08-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Detroit and Phoenix should just make a trade IMO. As you said OP, it makes sense as it helps with logjams for both.

beasted86
08-02-2014, 12:01 AM
This trade makes no sense.

For the trade to work out, it would mean that both teams simultaneously value the other teams' free agent more than their own free agent, and are willing to pay them more.

To make that clearer... Both players want the max. Suns basically offered Bledsoe $12M and he turned that down. So for the Suns to make this trade would mean they think Monroe is worth the max, but not Bledsoe. Simultaneously, the Pistons who have not given Monroe the max contract he thinks he is worth, would think that while Monroe is not worth the max, Bledsoe is. The likelihood of both teams thinking this way is pretty low.

JEDean89
08-02-2014, 12:22 AM
would be interesting, you don't really ever see double sign and trades. Knight/Bledsoe would be nice and so would Len/Monroe down the line. I really hope Monroe leaves the Pistons if they are gonna keep Smith, he is too good and has too bright a future to not be used properly.

SILVER SEAVER
08-02-2014, 02:01 AM

Gordon Hayward because of that deal he signed will forever be known as the contract that broke the camel's back. lol

PurpleLynch
08-02-2014, 06:32 AM
It makes sense for both teams.

Duncan = Donkey
08-02-2014, 09:54 AM
This trade makes no sense.

For the trade to work out, it would mean that both teams simultaneously value the other teams' free agent more than their own free agent, and are willing to pay them more.

To make that clearer... Both players want the max. Suns basically offered Bledsoe $12M and he turned that down. So for the Suns to make this trade would mean they think Monroe is worth the max, but not Bledsoe. Simultaneously, the Pistons who have not given Monroe the max contract he thinks he is worth, would think that while Monroe is not worth the max, Bledsoe is. The likelihood of both teams thinking this way is pretty low.

100% nailed it. This trade has almost no chance at happening.

Deception
08-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Bledsoe thinks he's worth max money, Monroe just doesn't want to experiment with Smith playing the 3 again so he has no chance of coming back. If Monroe does come back, it's through his QO

NBA_Starter
08-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Who has the money left to sign Monroe?