PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the rest of the USA team ?

Stunner
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
RT @TheBullsZone: Here’s a look at the showcase teams via @johnschuhmann Highlighted names mean a lock for final Team roster. http://t.co/JxDd85SMVq

Reports are that Mason might actually make the team over Cousins .

bucketss
07-31-2014, 10:55 PM
how many roster spots are left?

Stunner
07-31-2014, 11:00 PM
6 or 7 I think

Seizabmc
07-31-2014, 11:39 PM
What's up with the blank spots?

They should be k leanord and Kemba walker.

IndyRealist
07-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Read somewhere that Curry is playing off ball, and Lillard will as well. That gives them the flexibility to sub in at PG or SG. That means the backcourt is full up, and Wall, DeRozan, Beal, and Thompson are all out. The 3's will be at least Durant and George, and maybe one more. Everyone else will be a big. They want up tempo bigs that can run the floor. Davis is a lock, and that probably means Faried, Plumlee, and one more.

sens#11fan
07-31-2014, 11:48 PM
They could fill the remaining spots with Dleaguers and they'll still blow teams out. But on a serious note Plumlee(reports), Drummond, faried, Korver, Lillard, Irving ,Derozan.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Terrible if they actually let Cousins miss.

C-Davis, Drummond
PF-George, Parsons
SF-Durant
SG-Curry, Harden, Lillard
PG-Rose, Irving, Wall

Last one a toss up. Probably a big man though. I'd love to see Parsons and Harden on the court together.

bucketss
07-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Read somewhere that Curry is playing off ball, and Lillard will as well. That gives them the flexibility to sub in at PG or SG. That means the backcourt is full up, and Wall, DeRozan, Beal, and Thompson are all out. The 3's will be at least Durant and George, and maybe one more. Everyone else will be a big. They want up tempo bigs that can run the floor. Davis is a lock, and that probably means Faried, Plumlee, and one more.

derozan is a sf/sg

bucketss
07-31-2014, 11:59 PM
Terrible if they actually let Cousins miss.

C-Davis, Drummond
PF-George, Parsons
SF-Durant
SG-Curry, Harden, Lillard
PG-Rose, Irving, Wall

Last one a toss up. Probably a big man though. I'd love to see Parsons and Harden on the court together.

theres rumours suggesting plumlee will make it.

mrblisterdundee
08-01-2014, 12:50 AM
This would be my choice:

PG: Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry, John Wall
SG: James Harden, Damian Lillard
SF: Kevin Durant, Paul George, Kyle Korver
PF: Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried
C: Andre Drummond, DeMarcus Cousins

True Sports Fan
08-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Plumlee over Cousins :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr.B
08-01-2014, 02:40 AM
This would be my choice:

PG: Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry, John Wall
SG: James Harden, Damian Lillard
SF: Kevin Durant, Paul George, Kyle Korver
PF: Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried
C: Andre Drummond, DeMarcus Cousins
I would love to see Derrick Rose on the team but honestly he needs to just focus on being ready for the Bulls season. He shouldn't put any more wear and tear on his body that's not necessary. Also you left Parsons off and he's already on the team.

Goose17
08-01-2014, 03:51 AM
I thought Wall would have made it. Would have been nice to see Klay on the team.

I hope Millsap, Cousins, Hayward and Korver all make it.

mrblisterdundee
08-01-2014, 04:25 AM
I would love to see Derrick Rose on the team but honestly he needs to just focus on being ready for the Bulls season. He shouldn't put any more wear and tear on his body that's not necessary. Also you left Parsons off and he's already on the team.

Derrick Rose is locked in for the final roster; Chandler Parsons isn't. I'd be willing to replace Kyle Korver with Parsons, but I think it'd be cool to have the best three-point shooter in the league on Team USA.

Munkeysuit
08-01-2014, 05:31 AM
I am just glad KD is there...without him we have no chance against anyone.

NYKNYGNYY
08-01-2014, 06:05 AM
If I were the bulls I wouldn't allow rose to play...another chance for a injury? F that!

Mr.B
08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
If I were the bulls I wouldn't allow rose to play...another chance for a injury? F that!
I agree!

2-ONE-5
08-01-2014, 09:56 AM

uhhhh what?

D-Leethal
08-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Plumlee over Cousins :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you know what Team USA looks for in big men, it makes perfect sense.

You want to stockpile the best talent without accounting for any sort of team concept, go watch the 2004 Bronze team.

todu82
08-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Surprised Rose would want to attend given his injury concerns.

mightybosstone
08-01-2014, 10:16 AM

You realize how insane this statement is, right? Even without Durant, the USA would have twice as much NBA talent as the next best team. If anything, without Durant, it would just give other teams more of a chance to beat them. But it certainly doesn't mean the USA wouldn't be favored by a pretty significant margin against every other country.

DallasTrilla23
08-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I actually think Rose doing this is a great idea. I understand there's a chance of injury but he gets a chance to knock the rust off and get his rhythm back before the season even starts.

Stunner
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I actually think Rose doing this is a great idea. I understand there's a chance of injury but he gets a chance to knock the rust off and get his rhythm back before the season even starts.

Exactly , nobody in the organization is against him playing for USA and nobody should . The faster he gets reps the less likely he'll be as bad as he was when actual game speed in front of him . But he did admit he was trying way to hard trying to prove everyone wrong ... Now he's more relaxed and knows how to approach things . Everyone is raving about him so it's all positives as of now . You can't prevent injuries they happen you have to move on . 2 years without playing actual ball is tough , you need all the reps you can get . No problem with Rose playing USA ball , he wants this badly . He only plays summer ball involving the Olympics anyway . Him waiting till per season to play ball will do more harm than good

mrblisterdundee
08-01-2014, 12:16 PM

Are you kidding me? The U.S. could only use rookies from the NBA and still beat any one of the international teams. I'm not saying it would be a blowout, but U.S. rookies in the NBA are more talented than the roster of any international team.

DaBUU
08-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Exactly , nobody in the organization is against him playing for USA and nobody should . The faster he gets reps the less likely he'll be as bad as he was when actual game speed in front of him . But he did admit he was trying way to hard trying to prove everyone wrong ... Now he's more relaxed and knows how to approach things . Everyone is raving about him so it's all positives as of now . You can't prevent injuries they happen you have to move on . 2 years without playing actual ball is tough , you need all the reps you can get . No problem with Rose playing USA ball , he wants this badly . He only plays summer ball involving the Olympics anyway . Him waiting till per season to play ball will do more harm than good

good post, and I'll add that if anything is wrong with either knee (knock on wood-please dear God no more), the Bulls organization will find out a lot sooner then 10 games into the season like last time.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-01-2014, 04:10 PM
I think people are seriously ignoring the fact that the tournament is being held in Spain and that both of the last two gold medal games in the Olympics against them came down until the end. This could be Spain's year.

IndyRealist
08-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Are you kidding me? The U.S. could only use rookies from the NBA and still beat any one of the international teams. I'm not saying it would be a blowout, but U.S. rookies in the NBA are more talented than the roster of any international team.

Trusting rookies would be like using college players, and we saw how well that went. US kept getting beat because National teams play together for years, they have a system and chemistry. That's why it HAS to be NBA vets who come back year after year. Thinking we're just better than everyone else is a good way to get embarassed on a world stage.

MiamiBoy77
08-01-2014, 04:25 PM

You want to stockpile the best talent without accounting for any sort of team concept, go watch the 2004 Bronze team.

this. some people forget there is a strategy side to the game that pieces need to fit in.

Rose/Irving/Lillard
Curry/Korver
Harden/George
Durant/Faried
Davis/Drummond/Plumlee

we have the ability to play against anybody and can even go really big with Irving/George/Durant/Davis/Drummond if need be.

Stunner
08-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Rose is biggest PG on the team not Kyrie

Hellcrooner
08-01-2014, 04:48 PM
You realize how insane this statement is, right? Even without Durant, the USA would have twice as much NBA talent as the next best team. If anything, without Durant, it would just give other teams more of a chance to beat them. But it certainly doesn't mean the USA wouldn't be favored by a pretty significant margin against every other country.

significant margin?
go check the last two olympic finals with 100% full strenght team usa .

Add that said rival will be playing HOME with the implications that have with Crowd and Refs.
Even with durant there is a good chance this year ends with silver /bronze.
No durant makes that odds signficantly higher.

ohreally
08-01-2014, 06:04 PM

A bit of an overstatement?

Not only are you ignoring the fact that international ball is always improving, but you're ignoring the fact that a good amount of NBA players play for their national teams, an assortment of good to lauded players in the NBA are from "away," and the rules are not NBA rules.

A rookie team, and a hastily assembled rookie team at that, would be hard pressed to come away in third place.

MonroeFAN
08-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Faried, Plumlee, and one more.

um? Andre Drummond maybe? (really?).

Ariza's Better
08-01-2014, 06:40 PM
A bit of an overstatement?

Not only are you ignoring the fact that international ball is always improving, but you're ignoring the fact that a good amount of NBA players play for their national teams, an assortment of good to lauded players in the NBA are from "away," and the rules are not NBA rules.

A rookie team, and a hastily assembled rookie team at that, would be hard pressed to come away in third place.
This
The international game is always improving. I mean just for Australia, at the World Cup there will be Baynes, Dells, Exum, bairstow and ingles. Add Mills, bogut and Simmons to that team for the 2016 Olympics and that's a good team.

Hellcrooner
08-01-2014, 08:03 PM

Yeah please by all means send an nba rookie team to face the likes of:

Parker, Batum, Noah, Diaw, Turiaff, Beabouis, De colo, ajinca, Fournier, GObert, Petro.

Or

Barbosa, Nene, varejao, Splitter.

Or

Rubio, Calderon, llul, abrines, Rodríguez, Navarro, Rudy fernandez, Ibaka, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Mirotic.....

Hellcrooner
08-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Its interesting tough how people seems to only remember bout 2004 but forget compeltey about 2002 PLAYING IN THE USA and then 2006 with a really competitive roster.

72 Wins
08-01-2014, 08:45 PM

LOL. Yep.

JLynn943
08-01-2014, 09:36 PM
This blue vs white game has been entertaining so far

Cal827
08-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I think people are seriously ignoring the fact that the tournament is being held in Spain and that both of the last two gold medal games in the Olympics against them came down until the end. This could be Spain's year.

How logical people see this:

Fair assessment, Spain could use the home crowd to elevate their game, making them an huge threat to win it all.

How Illogical ****s like me see this:

THE FIX IS IN!

dalton749
08-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Derozan in for PG

Cal827
08-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Well, unfortunately with what had just happened, I think there will be another spot to fill.

Poor Paul George :(

JustinTime
08-02-2014, 03:03 AM

As a Canadian I hope the US wins because it means they won't be in the Americas tournament next year which obviously helps us out for the Olympic qualifier.

JustinTime
08-02-2014, 03:04 AM
Well, unfortunately with what had just happened, I think there will be another spot to fill.

Poor Paul George :(

I know why couldn't it have been someone like Lebron instead.

Minimal
08-02-2014, 06:20 AM
last time i checked usa team filled with all stars almost lost to lithuania in 2012 olympics

Minimal
08-02-2014, 06:21 AM
and just lol at plumlee over cousins, cousins will be the best center in the league next season, just watch it

Raptor
08-02-2014, 09:59 AM
This
The international game is always improving. I mean just for Australia, at the World Cup there will be Baynes, Dells, Exum, bairstow and ingles. Add Mills, bogut and Simmons to that team for the 2016 Olympics and that's a good team.

Canada does get a lot of attention with the level of prospects we produce now a days but Australia has been quietly producing the same level of young talent. Aside from the guys in the NBA right now, there's a lot of hype surrounding Ben Simmons and Thon Maker has become an Internet sensation(he's got a younger brother too).

USA will always be the dominant nation but the rest of the world has made leaps and bounds with their basketball development.

2-ONE-5
08-02-2014, 10:07 AM
outside of Spain, whose at the end of their run, there is no country to could beat the US with even college players.

JustinTime
08-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Canada does get a lot of attention with the level of prospects we produce now a days but Australia has been quietly producing the same level of young talent. Aside from the guys in the NBA right now, there's a lot of hype surrounding Ben Simmons and Thon Maker has become an Internet sensation(he's got a younger brother too).

USA will always be the dominant nation but the rest of the world has made leaps and bounds with their basketball development.

Australia has a nice potential team but guys like Irving will never play and I heard that Thon Maker may never play for them either.

Raptor
08-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Australia has a nice potential team but guys like Irving will never play and I heard that Thon Maker may never play for them either.
I've never actually considered Irving. Only way I would ever see him play for the Aussies is out of spite if he doesn't make the USA roster ala Becky Hammon.

As for Thon, everything I've read says he'll play for Australia. I haven't really read anything that says otherwise. He's been living there since he was 5 so I'd be surprised if he doesn't.

phlp_bj
08-02-2014, 11:24 AM
I wonder if Love comes out and says he's willing to play again now

bucketss
08-02-2014, 11:40 AM
I know why couldn't it have been someone like Lebron instead.

the hate is definitely real.

bgdreton
08-02-2014, 12:18 PM
the hate is definitely real.

Ya that's really a scum statement to wish injury on a player what a joke...

mightybosstone
08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
significant margin?
go check the last two olympic finals with 100% full strenght team usa .

Add that said rival will be playing HOME with the implications that have with Crowd and Refs.
Even with durant there is a good chance this year ends with silver /bronze.
No durant makes that odds signficantly higher.

Yeah, they beat Spain by an average of nine points in those two Finals games. If a team is favored by nine points in a basketball team, that's a significant margin. Also, you're focusing on one game, but the 2012 team beat its opponents by a combined average of 32 points. And you're ignoring the fact that this Spanish team won't be the Spanish team they faced two years ago. Pau is well past his prime at this point.

Hellcrooner
08-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah, they beat Spain by an average of nine points in those two Finals games. If a team is favored by nine points in a basketball team, that's a significant margin. Also, you're focusing on one game, but the 2012 team beat its opponents by a combined average of 32 points. And you're ignoring the fact that this Spanish team won't be the Spanish team they faced two years ago. Pau is well past his prime at this point.
Ibaka is also a better player than he was, Marc is prime Now, Rudy is playing better now and is healthier.
Rubio Missed the 2012 olympics and will be there this year, and we have a new guy Abrines ( okc has his rights) that is starting to show some very good things.

Also, Dont sleep on france, they are getting better by the day and have still to hit their prime.

btw, i expect " well past his prime" gasol to make his 18 , 9 and 4 this year on .500% and get back to the Asg roster.

mbsalame123
08-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Kevin Durant, James Harden, Stephen Curry and Anthony Davis are all locks and we could have included Paul George with them if it wasn't for the gruesome injury but it is what it is. So we got 4 players as locks and I will include Derrick Rose as well, just because he was on team usa in 2010 and played great yesterday.

So that is 5 players that are already on the team and no more assurance is needed. So we got 7 roster spots left that will go to either:

Demarcus Cousins
Andre Drummond
Mason Plumlee
Kenneth Faried
Paul Millsap
Chandler Parsons
Gordon Hayward
Kyle Korver
Demar Derozan
Klay Thompson
Bradley Beal
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard

I think Demarcus Cousins and Kenneth Faried are going to make it as the big men downlow just because of their play yesterday and they have been talked about as favorites.
Kyrie Irving is almost a lock to make it in as well as he is the best point guard remaining and team usa likes running small ball and have depth in the back court.

So now we have 4 spots remaining that goes to:

Andre Drummond
Mason Plumlee
Paul Millsap
Chandler Parsons
Kyle Korver
Gordon Hayward
Klay Thompson
Demar Derozan
Bradley Beal
John Wall
Damian Lillard

John Wall was added as a replacement and isn't likely to make it over damian lillard and the other 3 point guards already added so we can eliminate him and then bradley beal is too young although nice to watch and his shooting can be used but there are other better shooters on the team like klay thompson and kyle korver who play his position who have more experience and will make the team over him so the washington studs are gone.

I also think Gordon Hayward has a longshot of making it considering there is a lot of competition at his position, chandler parsons will be considered over him including korver and thompson and they already have durant however with george's injury he might receive more consideration but not enough to make it.

Andre Drummond is good, young and would bang bodies downlow with any competition in the world cup however cousins, faried and even plumlee have outplayed him as we saw yesterday and he is still to young that he can be considered for many more numerous usa teams in the future so he will be the one that is left off and the snub of the team who probably should've made it but didn't.

So now we are left off with:

Mason Plumlee
Paul Millsap
Chandler Parsons
Kyle Korver
Klay Thompson
Demar Derozan
Damian Lillard

4 out of these 7 players listed above will make it. Lets see what we already have:

3 point guards: derrick rose, stephen curry and kyrie irving (curry and rose can play the 2 if needed). James Harden is the other guard on the team and that is it. Durant is there on the wing as well but he can play anywhere from the 3 to the 5 spot and then you have faried and cousins along with davis downlow. I think there needs to be at least 2 more shooters added to the squad that can play anywhere from the 2 to the 4 spot and then one more backcourt player that can play anywhere from the point guard to the 3 and then one more big man.

haha so I just named all the strengths needed that all 7 of these players possess. It will be hard to choose between the 4 and you might be surprised at how plumlee is still there, but if you haven't heard he was considered to be chosen over cousins and is a former Mike guy (duke player) and well he proved himself yesterday when he played well in the scrimmage so he has a great chance. Milssap is really good and a scrappy player who can do a little bit of everything from shoot, score, post up and grab rebounds but faried, cousins and davis already do that so he might be the odd man out considering he was a late add on as well. So we can eliminate him to make it easier.

I think Klay Thompson will make it considering he is a tremendous shooter and having the splash brothers on the team will be nice and he is a 2 guard that will be needed that can play the 3 where they are thin at those positions.

so we have 5 players left and 3 of them need to make it:

Mason Plumlee
Chandler Parsons
Kyle Korver
Demar Derozan
Damian Lillard

This is hard but I think Damian Lillard makes it as he proved himself yesterday and he is a key guy to have off the bench with 3 other point guards to run small ball lineups and have depth. I think Korver makes it as a he is a perfect shooter to have off the bench and he can play that michael redd role from the 2008 team where he just comes in and shoots. Mason Plumlee will be left off considering he is young and was put on there for extra assurance and with davis, cousins and faried downlow I think that is good enough for usa.

So now 1 more spot left for either Chandler Parsons or Demar Derozan and this might be hard to pick but I like Derozan's chances since he is athletic and will bring excitement to the team, he played well and could play the andre iguodala role from the last usa team. Plus Mark Cuban probably doesn't want parsons to play anymore considering he was already concerned with his players playing before the injury lol.

Anyways this is what the team will look like:

Demarcus Cousins
Antony Davis
Kenneth Faried
Kevin Durant
Demar Derozan
Kyle Korver
Klay Thompson
James Harden
Stephen Curry
Derrick Rose
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard

They do look a lot like a guard heavy team and a heavy backcourt but keep in mind this is international play where size isn't really needed and team usa has always had 2 or 3 big guys maximum and right here they have 3 with durant being another one when needed.

I like this squad and they would dominate! Doing it for PAUL GEORGE!!!! Get well soon!

Raps08-09 Champ
08-02-2014, 04:56 PM
C-Cousins, Drummond
PF-Davis, Parsons
SF-Durant, Derozan
SG-Harden, Lillard, Curry
PG-Rose, Wall, Irving

2-ONE-5
08-02-2014, 05:00 PM
i dont think Cousins or Faried should make it. Korver needs to be on the team, can u imagine him shooting from a closer 3 point line?

phlp_bj
08-02-2014, 05:08 PM
PG: Derrick Rose/Kyrie Irving/Damien Lillard
SG: Stephen Curry/Demar Derozan
SF: James Harden/Kyle Korver
PF: Kevin Durant/Kenneth Faried
C: Anthony Davis/DeMarcus Cousins/Andre Drummond

Ariza's Better
08-02-2014, 06:47 PM

I've never actually considered Irving. Only way I would ever see him play for the Aussies is out of spite if he doesn't make the USA roster ala Becky Hammon.

As for Thon, everything I've read says he'll play for Australia. I haven't really read anything that says otherwise. He's been living there since he was 5 so I'd be surprised if he doesn't.
Hey people, us Australians can dream of an Irving, mills backcourt. Don't **** on our dreams.

But in all seriousness, even without Irving, this is shaping into the best Australian team since 1996 and 2000 teams.

Captain Moroni
08-03-2014, 12:52 PM

I agree. This is a must for Rose.

mightybosstone
08-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Ibaka is also a better player than he was, Marc is prime Now, Rudy is playing better now and is healthier. Rubio Missed the 2012 olympics and will be there this year, and we have a new guy Abrines ( okc has his rights) that is starting to show some very good things.
I'm not saying Spain isn't a damn good international team. They're easily the second best international team in the world. But the US is still unquestionably more talented on paper and should be favored in a series against any other international team, Spain included.

btw, i expect " well past his prime" gasol to make his 18 , 9 and 4 this year on .500% and get back to the Asg roster.
That's not exactly a stretch. He essentially put up those numbers last year, but he's still nowhere near the hyper efficient offensive player he was from 2009-11. And I think it's extremely unlikely that he can recreate that kind of ridiculous production and efficiency four years later at age 34. I could still see him making the All-Star game, but that's almost more of a product of the talent deficit right now between the Eastern and Western conferences.

likemystylez
08-03-2014, 02:57 PM

I doubt devean george participates in international play. he gets cleared from the hospital in 2-3 days- i dont think he will be cleared to play though. its best to let him sit it out as a precaution and make sure hes 100% before rushing him back.

Goose17
08-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I doubt devean george participates in international play. he gets cleared from the hospital in 2-3 days- i dont think he will be cleared to play though. its best to let him sit it out as a precaution and make sure hes 100% before rushing him back.

lol... yeah probably not best to let him play now that he's out for the season.

likemystylez
08-03-2014, 03:19 PM
lol... yeah probably not best to let him play now that he's out for the season.

yep no sense in risking further injury in international play and now that he has a pre existing condition- his team can hold him out.

Kjthunder
08-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Kevin Durant-In
Stephen Curry-In
Anthony Davis-In
Derrick Rose-In
James Harden-In
Demarcus Cousins-In
Andre Drummond-Out
Mason Plumlee-In (Works hard, Coach K likes workers and he coached him already)
Kenneth Faried-Out (Could swap for either Millsap or Plumlee potentially)
Paul Millsap-In
Chandler Parsons-In (Now for sure with PG out)
Gordon Hayward-Out
Kyle Korver-In (Seems crazy but Coach K likes smart players, and he could be a Michael Redd type for team)
Demar Derozan-Out
Klay Thompson-In
Bradley Beal-Out
John Wall-Out
Kyrie Irving- Out (Although he and Lillard could swap)
Damian Lillard-In

PG:Rose/Curry/Lillard
SG:Harden/Thompson
SF:Parsons/Korver
PF:Durant/Millsap
C : Davis/Cousins/Plumlee

dalton749
08-04-2014, 03:36 AM
^derozan should be next up after George not parsons

Mengxing
08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
So cool

phlp_bj
08-04-2014, 07:31 PM
@WojYahooNBA: USA Basketball cut Washington's John Wall, Bradley Beal and Atlanta's Paul Millsap today, sources told Yahoo Sports.

mjt20mik
08-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Interesting to see Beal and Wall out. Millsap is not really a shocker

DoMeFavors
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Plumlee plays defense and is actually athletic, he will and should make it over Cousins

FriedTofuz
08-04-2014, 10:42 PM
It's not interesting or unreasonable to see both wall and Beal out. It's not that they arent good players, but there are just better players available.

Rose, Curry and Lillard are better than wall
Harden Derozan and Klay Thompson are better than Beal.

Not everyone can make this team.

Zefflin
08-04-2014, 11:28 PM

How did that turn out for LeBron James in the 2004 Olympics?

Jay_Dub
08-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Plumlee plays defense and is actually athletic, he will and should make it over Cousins

I disagree with this. If you don't think Cousins is athletic you are crazy. Sure Plumlee will protect the rim better than Cousins ... but Cousins is 10X the player Plumlee ever will be... no way he makes the team.

slashsnake
08-05-2014, 12:24 AM
How did that turn out for LeBron James in the 2004 Olympics?

Didn't he play like 8 minutes a game in that Olympics? Even less. He played 3 minutes in the loss to Argentina that cost them gold.

Hard to try and win if your coach has you on the court. Blaming him for that is like putting the blame on Toney Douglas that the Heat lost game 5 of the NBA finals and he's the reason the Spurs have their rings. Forget Iverson, Marbury, Duncan, Marion, Odom, Wade, Boozer, Jefferson and the guys who actually played, lets be dumb and blame the guy who's 11th on the depth chart. Please, lose the stupidity.

Honestly I think had they played Lebron, Melo and Wade more than guys like Iverson and Marbury, they would have done better.

Dade County
08-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Rose, Lillard, Irving
Curry, DeRozan
Harden, Thompson
KD, Davis
Cousins, Drummond

The last spot will be out of Korver or Parsons.

NBA_Starter
08-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I was surprised Wall was out.

Stunner
08-05-2014, 10:03 PM
I was surprised Wall was out.

Not really , he can't shoot and still does reckless turnovers .

NBA-GMaster
08-06-2014, 06:36 AM
With 16 players left:
Durant, Harden, Rose and Davis are surely lock on usa team
And now for the remaining 8 players
Curry, Irving and Lillard (could pick 2 Pg or all 3)
Thompson vs Korver ( one shooter)
DeRozan, Hayward or Parsons (one wingman)
Faried, Plumlee, Cousins and Drummond (3 Bigman gets in)

My Pick would be
Davis/Drummond/Cousins
Durant/Faried
Harden/DeRozan
Curry/Thompson
Rose/Lillard/Irving

Deception
08-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I really hope Drummond makes it, it would help his growth tremendously, but now that Plumlee (Coach K's player from Duke) is in the mix, I'm gonna say he may not make it. Cousins deserves the spot, the only thing that is against him is his attitude and reports have said he's been great with his teammates.

TodWilkinson
08-07-2014, 01:43 AM
Not really , he can't shoot and still does reckless turnovers .

Wall also has a bad attitude and only passes when "he feels it necessary"