9) Larry Bird
10) Oscar Robertson

Outside the top 10
-Kobe Bryant
-Jerry West
-Elgin Baylor
-Kevin Garnett
-Moses Malone

This is the most accurate top 10 in my eyes though some will try to tear it down. I am being honest here

bloomis1307
07-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Not saying I could do better but you seem inconsistent with your reasoning. You put a huge emphasis on championships (hence Bill Russel over Wilt) but then put Robertson ahead of Kobe? That just doesn't make sense to me.

RocketLoc80
07-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Not saying I could do better but you seem inconsistent with your reasoning. You put a huge emphasis on championships (hence Bill Russel over Wilt) but then put Robertson ahead of Kobe? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I am not emphasizing championships at all that`s the half the equation I am basing this off of peak and overall impact and 11 championships still speak volumes to me despite what you may feel Russell lacks skill wise. If we are doing the most talented of all time you can make a case for Kobe being top 10 but it goes deeper than that for me.

RocketLoc80
07-30-2014, 07:30 AM
And Oscar wasn`t blessed with the talent Kobe had early in his career and by the time Kareem got to the Bucks he was at the tail end of his prime.

bloomis1307
07-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Thats what I mean though, Wilt played above and beyond the level of Russel. The only thing he holds over his head are those championships so (to me) any argument for Kobe being below Oscar is in disagreement with your reasoning for Russel above Wilt. I mean you just said Kobe had help, but Russel had more help than anybody. Your logic is inconsistent.

Thats what's tough about these rankings, you either bump them up for their champioships (which I think is unfair to other players) or you treat them as equals, independent of trophies.

RateSports
07-30-2014, 08:04 AM
1) Micheal Jordan
2) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3) Magic Johnson
4) Bill Russell
5) Tim Duncan
6) Shaq O`Neal
7) Wilt Chamberlain
8) Lebron James
9) Larry Bird
10) Oscar Robertson

Outside the top 10
-Kobe Bryant
-Jerry West
-Elgin Baylor
-Kevin Garnett
-Moses Malone

This is the most accurate top 10 in my eyes though some will try to tear it down. I am being honest here

Since none of us see the NBA through your eyes, this statement is just irrelevant.

Basically, you wrote your Top 10.

Don't try and credit your opinion over anyone else's by saying "the most accurate".

Its not, it is your opinion.

DemarDerozan
07-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Delete/Merge thread?

kdspurman
07-30-2014, 09:45 AM
FYI- We have a thread where we can discuss this sort of thing already

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?871758-PSD-s-Top-50-List-of-the-Greatest-NBA-Players-of-All-Time