PDA

View Full Version : Which non-playoff team would you like to see playing in the playoffs next season?

force_within
07-29-2014, 09:42 AM
I personally would love to see new teams competing in the playoffs next year, maybe because I'm bored watching the same teams playing in the playoffs every year, well..except for my Spurs..;)

So which non-playoff team for several years or on and off playoff team would you love to see compete in the playoff next year?

I would really love to see the Pelicans in the playoffs next year, Anthony Davis was a monster and fun to watch last year but gets little to no recognition because of the status of his team. I also think that it's time for him to carry the team which I believe could translate into something good if they can reach the playoffs. The Timberwolves is another team I was looking forward to see playing in the playoffs every year led by Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio, but it seems they just can't hit the break. With Kevin Love heading to another team and Rubio's inconsistency every year, it will really take long for them to have a shot in the playoffs.

What about you guys?

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I could easily see the Pelicans or Suns taking the Rockets spot in the playoffs. Otherwise probably same in west coast

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 09:53 AM
I could easily see the Pelicans or Suns taking the Rockets spot in the playoffs. Otherwise probably same in west coast

It took you four minutes to troll Rockets fans in a totally non-Rockets related thread. You're slipping, buddy. I know you can do better than that.

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 09:59 AM
But to answer the question WITHOUT trolling another fanbase unnecessarily, the two obvious answers here are Phoenix and Cleveland. The Cavs are almost an unfair answer, because they're a totally different team with the acquisitions of Lebron and Wiggins, but you have to involve them in this discussion. But the Suns were legitimately a hell of a lot of fun to watch last season, and I was really disappointed when they got beat out by the Mavs and Grizzlies for that last spot. If Bledsoe stays healthy and Dragic has a season like he did last year, I see no reason to believe they won't make another run toward a postseason seed.

Another team I'm sure will make a postseason run this season is New York. If not for injuries and a horrible start to last season, I'm sure the Knicks would have been a playoff team last year. With Melo re-signed, the point guard upgrade to Calderon and one more year under Hardaway's belt, I think New York could be a fun, fast-paced team to watch this season.

force_within
07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
But to answer the question WITHOUT trolling another fanbase unnecessarily, the two obvious answers here are Phoenix and Cleveland.

Cleveland was actually my choice in the East, but with Lebron coming home, they're obviously a lock to make it..

InRoseWeTrust
07-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Pelicans

LongIslandIcedZ
07-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Knicks preferably lol

ManRam
07-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Cleveland :shrug:

Suns and Pellies as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit squeak in either.

Goose17
07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Phoenix.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 11:15 AM

It took you four minutes to troll Rockets fans in a totally non-Rockets related thread. You're slipping, buddy. I know you can do better than that.

And it took you a total of 15 seconds to respond to my post.

My post had everything to do with the thread. Get over your arrogant self and your team. It is my opinion of who I'd like to and think will jump into the playoffs this season. Others, probably majority, notices those teams are on the RISE while your team had a failure of an off season. Its not a troll at all its a reasonable/good prediction.

Rockets fans are like a damage control on here. They aren't handling falling off well.

colinskik
07-29-2014, 12:00 PM

My post had everything to do with the thread. Get over your arrogant self and your team. It is my opinion of who I'd like to and think will jump into the playoffs this season. Others, probably majority, notices those teams are on the RISE while your team had a failure of an off season. Its not a troll at all its a reasonable/good prediction.

Rockets fans are like a damage control on here. They aren't handling falling off well.

The Rockets are still a playoff team though...

lukass
07-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Detroit!! So Andre Drummond has his chance to shine

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM

What exactly does "falling off" mean? I'd like to you be crystal clear here instead of doing what you usually do and backing off an obviously vague, bold statement.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 04:31 PM

The Rockets are still a playoff team though...

Very debatable. They barely even a factor in the playoffs past season. They got beat first round by a team who got swept next round..

colinskik
07-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Very debatable. They barely even a factor in the playoffs past season. They got beat first round by a team who got swept next round..

That's an unfair way to judge a team. Getting into the playoffs is a season-long endeavor. You can then meet a team in the playoffs that you match up poorly with or is really hot at the time and you're out. When the Rox finally got the mojo they were grooving. If they try to center more of the offense inside out with Dwight they might be more successful. Plus, Ariza is a pretty good replacement for Parsons. I like Parsons better but Ariza will fill in fine. And they were the fourth seed last year...

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 05:20 PM

But the guy didn't say anything about whether or not they made a deep playoff run last year. He just said they were a playoff team, and a pretty highly seeded one at that. Your point is completely unrelated to his and to this thread in general. A team can the No. 1 seed in the entire league and get knocked out in the first round. That doesn't mean they aren't likely the make the playoffs the following season.

Cal827
07-29-2014, 07:10 PM
:facepalm: So, people are getting mad just because someone thinks that their team might fall out of the playoffs from last year b/c of a new team rising? Come on man!

Anyways, I would like to see the Pelicans or the Kings sneak in. I can imagine the explosion/implosions by Davis or Cousins :laugh2:... Would be great for their overall experience though. Maybe it would finally push Cousins maturity levels :D

mngopher35
07-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Cleveland, Pelicans

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 07:50 PM

What exactly does "falling off" mean? I'd like to you be crystal clear here instead of doing what you usually do and backing off an obviously vague, bold statement.

Lol I can elaborate when I get to a computer if you really need be..should be pretty obvious already what falling off means and how the rockets fit that category.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 07:59 PM

That's an unfair way to judge a team. Getting into the playoffs is a season-long endeavor. You can then meet a team in the playoffs that you match up poorly with or is really hot at the time and you're out. When the Rox finally got the mojo they were grooving. If they try to center more of the offense inside out with Dwight they might be more successful. Plus, Ariza is a pretty good replacement for Parsons. I like Parsons better but Ariza will fill in fine. And they were the fourth seed last year...

Its not a direct correlation I agree but you can't deny the blazers looked non factor against the spurs while great against the rockets. Not a direct correlation but I can't even remember a damn thing from the blazers spurs series when they were such a big deal weeks before..crazy how much of a difference it was.

Back on point, the rockets have an awful attitude right now and look/are falling apart to an extent. I can see a more inspired and more humbled team sneaking in, example suns or pelicans....mavericks Memphis both got a little better...clippers warriors Portland did not get worse..spurs and thunder will remain in playoffs obviously. While the rockets DID get worse in many many peoples eyes. ESPN, PSD, blog writers, ******, etc.

No reason to think the one team that got worse in the big 9 (10 if pelicans grow) doesn't make the playoffs. I'd like you to go check the record differentials between 4-9 and tell me its not a possibility.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM

But the guy didn't say anything about whether or not they made a deep playoff run last year. He just said they were a playoff team, and a pretty highly seeded one at that. Your point is completely unrelated to his and to this thread in general. A team can the No. 1 seed in the entire league and get knocked out in the first round. That doesn't mean they aren't likely the make the playoffs the following season.

Its not unrelated to the thread moron.

Here let me lay it out easier for you.

Question: "What non playoff team do you want to see in p.o.s next year?"

My answer: "Pelicans or Suns in West.".

how?: "Rockets are the one team that could drop out considering the other west teams did not get worse, while Rockets did."

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 08:07 PM
:facepalm: So, people are getting mad just because someone thinks that their team might fall out of the playoffs from last year b/c of a new team rising? Come on man!

Anyways, I would like to see the Pelicans or the Kings sneak in. I can imagine the explosion/implosions by Davis or Cousins :laugh2:... Would be great for their overall experience though. Maybe it would finally push Cousins maturity levels :D

I know, it's getting ridiculous.

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 08:13 PM

It's not about being mad. It's about getting annoyed with a poster who goes out of his way to bash the Rockets every chance he gets in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them. Notice that not one single other poster mentioned a team dropping out of the playoffs whatsoever. Not one. He does it intentionally to deliberately bait Rockets fans, and he does it all the time.

It's easy to facepalm when it's not your team getting the treatment. Perhaps it will happen one day and you'll see what I'm talking about.

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 08:15 PM

how?: "Rockets are the one team that could drop out considering the other west teams did not get worse, while Rockets did."

If you're going to resort to name calling, I think we're done here. I wonder who you'll bait when Rockets fans just stop responding to your blatant trolling anymore.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 08:28 PM

It's not about being mad. It's about getting annoyed with a poster who goes out of his way to bash the Rockets every chance he gets in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them. Notice that not one single other poster mentioned a team dropping out of the playoffs whatsoever. Not one. He does it intentionally to deliberately bait Rockets fans, and he does it all the time.

It's easy to facepalm when it's not your team getting the treatment. Perhaps it will happen one day and you'll see what I'm talking about.

A team has to drop out for another to enter playoffs..its not bashing I stated my reasoning stop getting so defensive/sensitive.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 08:30 PM

If you're going to resort to name calling, I think we're done here. I wonder who you'll bait when Rockets fans just stop responding to your blatant trolling anymore.

Is this your way of not having any rebuttal? There's nothing to comeback on anyway I stated a simple, understanding, reasoning. There's zero trolling whatsoever here what I said makes complete sense, move along.

Cal827
07-29-2014, 08:33 PM

:laugh:

if you haven't guessed, I'm a Raptor fan. 90% of the time we are mentioned on this site, people either go off on tangents about Canadians, or make wise cracks about the Canadian team, or outright insults our team. Last year in the playoffs, there were some posters saying that we didn't deserve our seeding and would be swept by the Nets. People will have their opinions as you have yours. I mean, I disagreed with some of the posters, but as long as they had a decent reason, it didn't bother me. Hell, if someone comes up and thinks that the Raptors don't make the playoffs this season, and can provide a fair reason to it, it wouldn't bother me.... and You can always troll around with the people who you think are just trolling you back :D

Your Rocket will just have to go out there and prove the skeptical people wrong :p

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Is this your way of not having any rebuttal? There's nothing to comeback on anyway I stated a simple, understanding, reasoning. There's zero trolling whatsoever here what I said makes complete sense, move along.
You called me a moron with no provocation whatsoever. That's the epitome of trolling and I'm not biting. Go peddle your bait somewhere else.

Last year in the playoffs, there were some posters saying that we didn't deserve our seeding and would be swept by the Nets. People will have their opinions as you have yours. I mean, I disagreed with some of the posters, but as long as they had a decent reason, it didn't bother me. Hell, if someone comes up and thinks that the Raptors don't make the playoffs this season, and can provide a fair reason to it, it wouldn't bother me.
I don't disagree with any of this. But that's not what's happening here. I'm all for civil NBA discussion, and I enjoy a good basketball debate as much as anybody. I wish that was all I had to deal with on PSD, but there are some posters who want nothing more than to find your buttons and push them incessantly.

You can always troll around with the people who you think are just trolling you back
I wish I could, but I honestly have no idea what team the guy is even a fan of. The only thing I've ever seen him get passionate about are his insane conspiracy theories about the NBA getting rigged. I'm not even sure why he posts in an NBA forum to begin with, because he rarely ever shows passion for any team or player and just seems determined to crap on the same players and teams. He might be the most negative poster I've ever seen on PSD in seven years.

Your Rocket will just have to go out there and prove the skeptical people wrong :p
Indeed they will, and I hope they do. That's the silver lining in all of this is that, despite all the trolling, the Rockets can still shut up all the critics on this site by winning basketball games. Ultimately the critics have no power whatsoever.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 08:47 PM
I called you a moron because it is moronic to say my direct answer of who I want to be in the playoffs this year is unrelated to a thread asking: "who do you want to see in the playoffs this year?"

Seizabmc
07-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Besides New York who will most likely make the playoffs and clevend who will also most likely make the playoffs.

I would like to once again see the wiz, rapts and cats get in there and I think with a new coach in jvg the Detroit pistons could be an entertaining team to watch in the playoffs.

But the team who needs the most help has to be the bucks, when was the last time they saw the post season?

And out west , I think the sums are an interesting team on the come up.

And the jazz are just god awfull,

bbcmillionaire
07-29-2014, 09:24 PM
The Knicks as a lower seed so they could play the bulls

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Phoenix. Only if Bledsoe stays. Love me some Eric Bledsoe
Kings. Liked then back in the Divac Bibby CWebb White Chocolate Christie Peja days
Knicks. I'm a Melo fan

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 10:00 PM
How the hell is that trolling? Jesus you guys are getting wayyyy too butt hurt. No wonder everyone has to kiss houston *** from now on

JLynn943
07-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Hopefully the Kings :p

Otherwise, I'd like to see the Suns and 76ers in there

(Cavs will make it, so I'm not bothering including them)

bucketss
07-29-2014, 10:44 PM

actually Portland lost in 5.

PacersForLife
07-29-2014, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit in the East and Pheonix and New Orleans in the West.

NBA_Starter
07-29-2014, 10:59 PM
The Suns

Vinny642
07-29-2014, 11:34 PM
I think the Pelicans have a decent shot, I hope so

JustinTime
07-29-2014, 11:42 PM
T-wolves with Wiggins and Bennett

SugeKnight
07-29-2014, 11:48 PM
The only team I think can fall out of the playoff race in the west are the Rockets

Sactown
07-30-2014, 12:24 AM
The only team I think can fall out of the playoff race in the west are the Rockets

Really? To me it's Golden State, they changed head coaches to guy who is a rookie in coaching, and is replacing the teams very likeable successful coach. They have injury prone players as well

Phoenix is reportedly in VERY BAD terms with Bledsoe so I think they'll drop off (even though they weren't a playoff team)

Grizz to me for some reason seem to be a team that I could see falling off as well

As far as teams that I want to make a jump
Kings

As the east goes I only see two teams dropping out
Brooklyn and Atlanta

Replacements being one of NY or Detroit, and Cleveland

mrblisterdundee
07-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Phoenix