PDA

View Full Version : Will Dwight Howard ever win League MVP?

P&GRealist
07-29-2014, 06:07 AM
He was a yearly DPOY guy in Orlando, among the appreciated and considered guys for league MVP. Of the last 10 yrs, he was probably the 3rd most impactful player in the league behind LeBron and Kobe. He was almost always a top 2-3 candidate for MVP.

I'm surprised he never got one in Orlando, but now going forward, do you think He ever comes close to that level and MVP worthy consideration?

sixer04fan
07-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Nope. Not a knock on him, but he's just not gonna get one from here on out. His best chance was during his time in Orlando

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 08:28 AM
This is getting ridiculous, dude. How many Rockets hate threads are you going to create this offseason? 20? 50? It's become so ****ing obvious that you hate the Rockets. We get it. We don't need to be reminded about it every goddamn day with the same topics over and over and over again.

Htownballa1622
07-29-2014, 08:35 AM
If he didn't win the year Rose won then no.

OP is clearly a closet Rockets fan. How many rockets related threads is this now?

Let's ask a question and pretend we care so we can just have another Rockets hate circle jerk.

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 08:47 AM
And the worst thing about these threads is that so many of them are under the guise of legitimate topics. But let's take this topic for example. Is it remotely reasonable to think Dwight Howard will win an MVP this late in his career when he's years removed from his Orlando peak and playing with a wing who does far more of the scoring than he does? Hell no.

Any remotely competent NBA fan would look at this question and answer "no" without a second thought. He could maybe make a surprising run to a top 5 finish or something but winning the MVP is a damn near impossibility in a league with Lebron and Durant. A better thread would be asking whether Chris Paul will ever win an MVP. He's the superior player and has had the superior career, but OP doesn't care about making logical threads. He cares about making threads that lead to PSD posters taking a huge dump on the Rockets.

NYKnickFanatic
07-29-2014, 08:50 AM
This is getting ridiculous, dude. How many Rockets hate threads are you going to create this offseason? 20? 50? It's become so ****ing obvious that you hate the Rockets. We get it. We don't need to be reminded about it every goddamn day with the same topics over and over and over again.

And the worst thing about these threads is that so many of them are under the guise of legitimate topics. But let's take this topic for example. Is it remotely reasonable to think Dwight Howard will win an MVP this late in his career when he's years removed from his Orlando peak and playing with a wing who does far more of the scoring than he does? Hell no.

Any remotely competent NBA fan would look at this question and answer "no" without a second thought. He could maybe make a surprising run to a top 5 finish or something but winning the MVP is a damn near impossibility in a league with Lebron and Durant. A better thread would be asking whether Chris Paul will ever win an MVP. He's the superior player and has had the superior career, but OP doesn't care about making logical threads. He cares about making threads that lead to PSD posters taking a huge dump on the Rockets.

It's really not that hard to simply not click on the thread...

YoungOne
07-29-2014, 09:05 AM
rockets fans gettin really defensive in here..

Goose17
07-29-2014, 09:13 AM

It started last season with the thread discussing who would win in a seven game series vs Golden State, Warriors won the poll and since then Houston fans have been unbelievably defensive.

That being said, some of these threads are just ridiculous, people are baiting Houston fans a lot right now.

IMO, people hating on Houston because they dislike D12 are full of ****, there's only half a dozen teams in the entire league (at most) that wouldn't trade their current C for D12 straight up. And it would be more to do with chemistry than talent.

mike_noodles
07-29-2014, 09:19 AM

That's unpossible.

And to answer the question, no.

ricky recon
07-29-2014, 09:26 AM

Quit acting like a child, it isn't hard to abstain from joining an online discussion where the thread clearly states the topic.

ManRam
07-29-2014, 09:31 AM
1. You're probably just trying to be obnoxious

2. To combat that I'll answer this seriously.

No, that time has passed.

The year he deserved it (and the one year LeBron was out of it because of team play) the rest of his team just wasn't quite good enough so a much inferior player in Derrick Rose snatched it up. But those days are gone. He's bounced back from that back injury and his awful Los Angeles play, but I can't see him ever being what he was and especially with guys like KD and Durant, he's just got no shot.

Can he be the best center in the game? Absolutely. If he wasn't last year Noah is the only reason why. Is he still a top-5 defensive player? Probably. There's a ton of value in that. The notion that he's a scrub is just silly...but trolling him/the Rockets by saying he isn't an MVP candidate is just stupid. :laugh:

jaydubb
07-29-2014, 09:50 AM
No chance

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 09:51 AM

Quit acting like a child, it isn't hard to abstain from joining an online discussion where the thread clearly states the topic.

I've seen a lot of this lately, but I'd like to counter with this scenario. Suppose you're hanging out with a group of friends, family or coworkers one day just talking sports and someone says a derogatory remark about your favorite team right in front of you. How are you supposed to handle that? Do you just let it slight even though everyone in the conversation knew that comment was meant for you? Or to you defend your team?

More often than not, you're going to defend your team. This is no different to me. In my real life, I have few circles of friends who care that much about the NBA. THIS is that outlet of conversation to me. I post in the NBA forum as much as anyone, and if someone makes a thread with a derogatory remark toward the Rockets, I'm going to defend them until I either get bored with the topic or until I can no longer believe in that side of the argument.

I assure you I'm not the only poster who would do the same for their team on PSD. And I'd be willing to bet any one of you would be saying the same things right now if it was was your favorite team that was getting this unmercifully crucified this offseason.

Goose17
07-29-2014, 10:39 AM
I've seen a lot of this lately, but I'd like to counter with this scenario. Suppose you're hanging out with a group of friends, family or coworkers one day just talking sports and someone says a derogatory remark about your favorite team right in front of you. How are you supposed to handle that? Do you just let it slight even though everyone in the conversation knew that comment was meant for you? Or to you defend your team?

More often than not, you're going to defend your team. This is no different to me. In my real life, I have few circles of friends who care that much about the NBA. THIS is that outlet of conversation to me. I post in the NBA forum as much as anyone, and if someone makes a thread with a derogatory remark toward the Rockets, I'm going to defend them until I either get bored with the topic or until I can no longer believe in that side of the argument.

I assure you I'm not the only poster who would do the same for their team on PSD. And I'd be willing to bet any one of you would be saying the same things right now if it was was your favorite team that was getting this unmercifully crucified this offseason.

This isn't real life though. There was no derogatory remark in the title, just a question, you could choose to take the bait or ignore it. They have a point.

I mean, you have a point that it's been over the top this last month or so but let's not act like you couldn't just ignore it. Do you have any idea how many digs at the Warriors I've had to ignore over the last twenty years? (Mainly because we were awful).

NYKnickFanatic
07-29-2014, 11:07 AM

Hmm, I see you keep mentioning people saying something derogatory about your 'team', but I don't see anywhere in OP's post that he mentioned the Rockets. Unless you're not a Rockets fan and you're a Dwight Howard fan and he defines team to you. So even then, if Dwight Howard is your 'team', I don't see anything derogatory said about Mr. Dwight.

cmellofan15
07-29-2014, 11:11 AM
he'll end up with one less than Kobe

Sports Illustrator
07-29-2014, 11:13 AM
No more Rockets hate threads please.