PDA

View Full Version : Report: Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested for 'super extreme DUI'

spreadeagle
07-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Newly re-signed Phoenix Suns wing P.J. Tucker was arrested in May for a "super extreme DUI," reports AZ Central's Paul Coro.

The term "super extreme" applies when the blood alcohol-content level in the offender is greater than 0.200. The legal limit in Scottsdale, Arizona - where Tucker was pulled over - is 0.08. Tucker was pulled over with a blood alcohol-content of 0.222.

According to the report, police spotted the 29-year-old Tucker driving slowly through a stop sign, and proceeded to swerve wildly around turns. When he was pulled over, Tucker had "thick, slurred" speech and "watery and bloodshot" eyes.

On the whole, Tucker is facing four counts for varying degrees of DUI charges for his misadventure, the most severe of which carries a minimum 45-day jail sentence.

Tucker re-signed with the Suns for $16.5 million over three years this offseason. http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/545044

Nikeman
07-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Can't cure stupidity.

Every time I see an athlete get arrested or in problems like this I have no pity for them. They have all the money in the world and if they cannot call a cab home then its just pathetic. I am a broke college student and have called a cab on multiple occasions and paid 60+ dollars to get home safely when I work 10-15 hours a week making 8 dollars an hour.

The sad part is he just like many other famous athletes will get off with a minor misdemeanor because they are famous and have money and then never learn from their mistake.

I truly wish sports commissioners would suspend players for a year without pay for ANY type of DUI/Drug related/Domestic Violence type offence, that would teach these athletes who think they are above and own the law.

The people these people drink with and call friends don't give two ***** about them either if they let him drive in that state either and probably just use them for their money and fame.

Vinny642
07-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Idiot

Silent
07-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Can't cure stupidity.

Every time I see an athlete get arrested or in problems like this I have no pity for them. They have all the money in the world and if they cannot call a cab home then its just pathetic. I am a broke college student and have called a cab on multiple occasions and paid 60+ dollars to get home safely when I work 10-15 hours a week making 8 dollars an hour.

The sad part is he just like many other famous athletes will get off with a minor misdemeanor because they are famous and have money and then never learn from their mistake.

I truly wish sports commissioners would suspend players for a year without pay for ANY type of DUI/Drug related/Domestic Violence type offence, that would teach these athletes who think they are above and own the law.

The people these people drink with and call friends don't give two ***** about them either if they let him drive in that state either and probably just use them for their money and fame.

:clap: Nicely said

flclfanman
07-28-2014, 11:56 PM
wow

GiantsSwaGG
07-29-2014, 12:05 AM
**** him

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 12:09 AM
psh. i beat that when i got mine a few years ago

serious note tho-it was a lesson learned. never again, not worth the risk, money, or anything in between. one is enough. im also 25 now and am well beyond the go out and party life.

Duncan = Donkey
07-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Dont :drunk: and :racing:

Not even surprised, athletes and DUI's go together like peanut butter and jelly

DemarDerozan
07-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Embarrassing for him and his team as the Suns were taking a risk on him long term. I wonder if they can void his contract? Back to the Dleague dickhole.

He was probably celebrating... Just shows that some players can't handle their $ or contracts.

The league should order him to live with Antoine Walker for six months,

Ariza's Better
07-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Wait is this a thing, 'super extreme DUI'? Is there different levels? Is there a mega extreme DUI?

DemarDerozan
07-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Wait is this a thing, 'super extreme DUI'? Is there different levels? Is there a mega extreme DUI?

There's a legally dead DUI at about .40-.50

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Hey P.J.....are you crazy or just plain stupid?

HoodedSB
07-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Probably an Arizona thing

Iron24th
07-29-2014, 01:29 AM
LOL stupid pro athletes

Ariza's Better
07-29-2014, 02:02 AM
There's a legally dead DUI at about .40-.50
If some one is considered legally dead DUI, do they stop paying taxes because their legally dead?

lincecum=future
07-29-2014, 02:20 AM
I hate how common this **** is. I've definitely driven a few times when I shouldn't have when I was younger but learned my lesson. Just last year I had a little too much to drink and decided to take a $70 uber ride back home. The car got stopped at a DUI checkpoint about 10 minutes away. Could have easily driven home and got popped there. I also got a ticket but it well worth the $200 I spent that night which could have easily been 10k+ out of pocket while losing my license and job. No excuses for an athlete who makes good money, no need to drive anywhere when they're drinking.

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 02:49 AM
I hate how common this **** is. I've definitely driven a few times when I shouldn't have when I was younger but learned my lesson. Just last year I had a little too much to drink and decided to take a $70 uber ride back home. The car got stopped at a DUI checkpoint about 10 minutes away. Could have easily driven home and got popped there. I also got a ticket but it well worth the $200 I spent that night which could have easily been 10k+ out of pocket while losing my license and job. No excuses for an athlete who makes good money, no need to drive anywhere when they're drinking.
10k+? For what? Lol

TheSilentBang
07-29-2014, 03:22 AM
Its extremely sketchy that the Suns FO went ahead and signed him despite knowing this.

And why hide this instead of having Tucker take responsibility and apologize for his actions?

kingsdelez24
07-29-2014, 03:24 AM
Embarrassing for him and his team as the Suns were taking a risk on him long term. I wonder if they can void his contract? Back to the Dleague dickhole.

He was probably celebrating... Just shows that some players can't handle their $ or contracts.

That's a reward for Antoine Walker if anything

Duncan = Donkey
07-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Its extremely sketchy that the Suns FO went ahead and signed him despite knowing this.

And why hide this instead of having Tucker take responsibility and apologize for his actions?

lol, whats so sketchy about it?

Sadds The Gr8
07-29-2014, 05:08 AM
Moron just got signed

TheSilentBang
07-29-2014, 05:18 AM
lol, whats so sketchy about it?

Aren't DUI's of "super extreme" levels usually reported to the public with the player's apology?

I can't think of many instances where they waited months with this kind of stuff...

Goose17
07-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Hope for his sake it was just after a party and he doesn't have a drinking problem or anything.

Terrible decision to drive in that state, someone should have stopped him. He should have known better. He earns millions, pay someone to drive you around ffs.

ATX
07-29-2014, 09:38 AM
10k+? For what? Lol

That's the average cost for a DUI...Lawyers fee's, court costs, fines etc..

RowBTrice
07-29-2014, 09:52 AM
The NBA doesn't care about DUI's any more than the NFL cares about wife/girlfriend beaters.........

bleedprple&gold
07-29-2014, 12:21 PM

Yea it could cost $10K+ easily. I got a DUI several years back and its ridiculous how much it costs when you add it all up. There are so many little things you have to pay for that people don't even realize. They really make you pay out the *******.

Had to pay for booking fee at the police station, car impound fee, hospital fee when they drew my blood to see how wasted I was, fee to get my license back, lawyer fees (the biggest cost), cost for alcohol education classes, fine by the court (although I reduced it my doing community service), bus fees while my license was suspended, cost of raised insurance (another huge cost), not to mention loss of income because I couldn't get a job. There might even be a few things I'm forgetting.

It's sooooooo now worth it. You could probably take about 200 $50 cab rides for the same cost. I never thought it would happen to me until it did and I learned my lesson big time. Especially with uber/lyft now these days, there's no excuse for anyone to be driving drunk.

Saddletramp
07-29-2014, 03:23 PM

If you actually read the article and not just the headline it says this happened back in May, so I'm assuming the Suns knew about it before they signed him. Andi doubt he was celebrating anything in May.

He played Harden pretty well last year but I also remember him doing something stupid in one if the games and I think he got ejected. Seemed like a jerk and I'm not surprised that this happened.

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Where the hell did you get that number from? I got one when I was 22. Blew a .235
$1300 lawyer, $500 court, $500 alcohol education classes, $50 to get my license back after suspension.

Saddletramp
07-29-2014, 04:21 PM
I've had a few friends that got a DWI and the consensus was that it cost about $10,000.

ATX
07-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Where the hell did you get that number from? I got one when I was 22. Blew a .235
$1300 lawyer, $500 court, $500 alcohol education classes, $50 to get my license back after suspension.

Well, I haven't had the pleasure of being arrested for a DWI, but two of my friends have and both told me it was around 10 Grand after it was all said and done. Also, there has been an add campaign across Texas about "Blowing" 10k...As a breathalizer idiom. There is also the added cost of higher insurance premiums and potential for unemployment depending on who you work for. I would imagine that lawyer fee's could vary wildly depending on who represents you. Again, IDK, never had one, but friends have and the add campaign that's on the radio all the time, plus billboards...That's where I got that from.

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Well, I haven't had the pleasure of being arrested for a DWI, but two of my friends have and both told me it was around 10 Grand after it was all said and done. Also, there has been an add campaign across Texas about "Blowing" 10k...As a breathalizer idiom. There is also the added cost of higher insurance premiums and potential for unemployment depending on who you work for. I would imagine that lawyer fee's could vary wildly depending on who represents you. Again, IDK, never had one, but friends have and the add campaign that's on the radio all the time, plus billboards...That's where I got that from.
Gotcha. I'm sure it differs by state as well. I was in CT at the time. They're a tonnnn more lenient than where I live now.
Ps. I don't recommend getting one. Whether 2k or 10k it is nottttttt worth it. Not being able to drive SUCKS

lincecum=future
07-30-2014, 02:43 AM
Yeah I know several people that have got them in CA and they've all been well over 10 grand. Even my buddies which got downgraded to a wet reckless and still had to pay out the ***.

tredigs
07-30-2014, 03:51 AM
Yeah I know several people that have got them in CA and they've all been well over 10 grand. Even my buddies which got downgraded to a wet reckless and still had to pay out the ***.

Patently false. It is nowhere close to 10K in California, or anywhere else in America unless you want to include some sort of potential loss of wages in a job you may have been interested in that will no longer higher you.

torocan
07-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Sheer stupidity.

Does this guy not have friends that could have driven him home or taken his keys? Is it THAT hard to call a cab? Or book a hotel room? Or call a team mate?

And .222? I get it if you blow around 0.1 or something... it's easy to misjudge that. However, if you're up at .222 then you shouldn't even be remotely thinking about going near a vehicle. I hope the law and the team come down hard on him. There's a difference between making a judgement error and simply flouting the law and choosing to be a risk to public safety.

lincecum=future
07-30-2014, 01:40 PM

Patently false. It is nowhere close to 10K in California, or anywhere else in America unless you want to include some sort of potential loss of wages in a job you may have been interested in that will no longer higher you.

Except for the fact that it is.

lincecum=future
07-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Maybe if you were dumb enough to cheap out and get a garbage lawyer

THE MTL
07-30-2014, 07:18 PM

No he's absolutely right. DUI just don't come with a couple tickets. You have court fees, surcharges on license for 3yrs, increases in insurance, mandatory DUI classes, lawyer fees, license reinstatement, and lost wages.