PDA

View Full Version : Bust-wise: Derrick Rose not far behind Greg Oden/Brandon Roy?

kobe4thewinbang
07-28-2014, 10:05 PM
When healthy, Rose was the MVP of the league and key component of a 62 win Bulls team. Since then, he's been out of action. He had far more success than Oden and Roy but has no championship to show for it or consistency. Will he ever return and stay healthy? Or is he going to be a bust, albeit on a lower level than Oden and Roy?

:o

Stunner
07-28-2014, 10:05 PM

goingfor28
07-28-2014, 10:06 PM
:eyebrow:

phlp_bj
07-28-2014, 10:06 PM
How can a player be labeled as a bust if he already won an MVP?

LTBaByyy
07-28-2014, 10:13 PM
How many busts win MVP's or even make an all star team?

DallasTrilla23
07-28-2014, 10:18 PM
You can't be a bust if you make the all-star game. Roy wasn't a bust either, he gave the blazers a good couple of years before injuries got the best of him.

AntiG
07-28-2014, 10:20 PM
lolwut

mikekhelxD
07-28-2014, 10:24 PM
More like Grant Hill career path instead.

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 10:25 PM
of course he's a bust if he can't stay healthy shyt in my eyes grant hill was a bust and he played longer then rose bulls fans are real insecure right now attacking other teams hoping rose isn't done:D

HYFR
07-28-2014, 10:26 PM
It's a shame cuz I don't think he gets back to his old self but I hope he proves me wrong.

0nekhmer
07-28-2014, 10:31 PM
You guys are all mis-using the word bust. Guys like kwame brown, Andrea bargnani, darko, are considered busts because they were so highly regarded and were lottery picks and couldn't live up to expectations. Rose was a freaking MVP, oden had no real opportunity, Roy, tmac all these guys aren't busts, just unfortunate.

Wait.. I just used logic on PSD

IversonIsKrazy
07-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Didnt know BUST if referred to the youngest MVP of all-time?

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 10:37 PM
lmao an mvp means nothing if you only play like 4 years i'd rather have a role player who played 10 years then some guy who won one mvp got to the ecf and only played like 4 years

3ballbomber
07-28-2014, 10:41 PM
a bust is somebody like Kwame Brown & Michael Beasley. Greatest players who have injuries hinder them are not. know the difference.

Mr.B
07-28-2014, 10:46 PM
More like Grant Hill career path instead.
That's a much better comparison. Grant Hill was the first to get the "next Jordan" and honestly was well on his way to living up to it. If it wasn't for the injuries he'd be a hall of famer.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2014, 10:48 PM
If he is never good again or always hindered by injuries then yes its a bust when you factor in how good he was suppose to be

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 10:49 PM
a bust is somebody like Kwame Brown & Michael Beasley. Greatest players who have injuries hinder them are not. know the difference.

bust could be different imo Stephon Marbury is an example of a bust

5ass
07-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Derrick rose isn't done. He'll be back and he'll be fine. Not a bust at all. Especially considering he didn't have any health issues coming into the league.

Linkels
07-28-2014, 10:57 PM
lmao an mvp means nothing if you only play like 4 years i'd rather have a role player who played 10 years then some guy who won one mvp got to the ecf and only played like 4 years

Yeah give me shumpert being a role player any day over Rose.

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 10:58 PM
steve francis is another example of a player that was good for a short period and then he became a bust

NBA_Starter
07-28-2014, 10:59 PM
It is not that bad yet.

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Yeah give me shumpert being a role player any day over Rose.

did the whole point go over your head i'd take shump for 10 years over rose for 4 years

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:02 PM
It is not that bad yet.

but we are all in agreement that it could happen thats why all of these bulls fans are trolling cuz their insecure about their teams future:D

Bartlee23
07-28-2014, 11:06 PM
of course he's a bust if he can't stay healthy shyt in my eyes grant hill was a bust and he played longer then rose bulls fans are real insecure right now attacking other teams hoping rose isn't done:D

Get lost troll. All I see you do on this site is talk bad about anything Chicago. Rose is better than any player the Knicks have had in the last 20+ years and Chicago will continue to be a better team than New York. Deal with it troll.

Bartlee23
07-28-2014, 11:11 PM
but we are all in agreement that it could happen thats why all of these bulls fans are trolling cuz their insecure about their teams future:D

Not really troll. Chicago can put a better team on the floor with or without Rose. They've done it for the last couple years and will continue to.

SILVER SEAVER
07-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but busts don't seem to go so far as to win a M.V.P. of the league.......do they? To link him with Greg Oden is an absolute joke and the failure to distinguish between the two is laughable. Greg Oden was done after the first game of his career. Not even in the same ballpark.

elledaddy
07-28-2014, 11:13 PM
In no ways would he be a bust but he probably would go down like a few players that once they started getting hurt, fans , media etc.... started writing them off ( Grant Hill, Gilbert Arenas, Amare, Brandon Roy etc......)

JLynn943
07-28-2014, 11:16 PM
:crazy:

SILVER SEAVER
07-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Busts = Greg Oden, Michael Olowokandi, Anthony Bennett & Adam Morrison just to name four. Some think Derrick Rose should be linked with those forgettable four?

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Not really troll. Chicago can put a better team on the floor with or without Rose. They've done it for the last couple years and will continue to.

great teams that win one playoff game riight:eyebrow:

b@llhog24
07-28-2014, 11:26 PM
He's exceeded most peoples expectations as far as accomplishments go. He could be a role player for the rest of his career and I wouldn't consider him a bust.

goingfor28
07-28-2014, 11:28 PM

please enlighten us on anything your team has won lately...

InRoseWeTrust
07-28-2014, 11:31 PM

Lmao, yeah, it's the Bulls fans that are trolling.

Says the guy who basically only posts troll ****, always with an emoticon stuck at the end. Taking Shumpert over Rose, from any rational basketball perspective, is idiotic.

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:35 PM
please enlighten us on anything your team has won lately...

lmao why im not screaming my team is the next nba champion just bcuz we signed an aging pau I just need these bulls homers to bring it down a notch yes you guys have a good team on paper right now but they are not the best team in the nba lmao if it were a spurs fan here talking all of that shyt I wouldn't say a word but some wack *** team coming off of 48 wins and 1 playoff win is just plain embarassing:facepalm:

Bartlee23
07-28-2014, 11:38 PM

That was last year troll. The year before that they made it to the second round with half the team injured. How's New York been doing troll?

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Lmao, yeah, it's the Bulls fans that are trolling.

Says the guy who basically only posts troll ****, always with an emoticon stuck at the end. Taking Shumpert over Rose, from any rational basketball perspective, is idiotic.

well I was going to leave you herbs alone but before I even posted in the melo or even love thread you pansies were already in there trolling

and my point is look at it unbiased would you rather have stephon Marbury or say a tony allen

Marbury was great on the wolves but sucked later on while tony allen doesn't put up crazy numbers but he's consistent at what he brings to the table think about thing like your not a bulls homer for once

and lmao I don't even hate the bulls I can't say the same for half of their fans but I actually have the bulls as the 1 seed in the east this year but only if rose's knee holds up and they can sure up their bench a little bit

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:43 PM
That was last year troll. The year before that they made it to the second round with half the team injured. How's New York been doing troll?

we did the same thing and actually had a better record clown:facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Not a bust but the mofo better get his **** together. I used to love the guy play. It's been a while,I almost forgot he was in the league. :/

flclfanman
07-28-2014, 11:47 PM
When healthy, Rose was the MVP of the league and key component of a 62 win Bulls team. Since then, he's been out of action. He had far more success than Oden and Roy but has no championship to show for it or consistency. Will he ever return and stay healthy? Or is he going to be a bust, albeit on a lower level than Oden and Roy?

That first sentence shows he's not a bust. A bust would imply a high pick with little to no impact.

Snakebitten? sure. Bust? Not even once. Same for Roy and Oden.

Silent
07-28-2014, 11:48 PM

Your the only one talking ****, U must have a hard on for bulls fans

Silent
07-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Busts = Greg Oden, Michael Olowokandi, Anthony Bennett & Adam Morrison just to name four. Some think Derrick Rose should be linked with those forgettable four?

2 early

mrblisterdundee
07-28-2014, 11:49 PM
How can a player be labeled as a bust if he already won an MVP?

Right? It's like putting a question mark at the end of the title is the only way this thread didn't get reported for trolling, which it probably should have been.

Bartlee23
07-28-2014, 11:50 PM
we did the same thing and actually had a better record clown:facepalm:

New York made the playoffs last year clown?

DR_1
07-28-2014, 11:51 PM

Dude, he changed our franchise for the better and won an MVP, he is not a bust. Neither was Grant Hill.

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:54 PM
New York made the playoffs last year clown?

lmao you said the year you guys went to the 2nd rd right bro if you got Alzheimer's let me know and i'll leave you alone:oldguy:

flclfanman
07-28-2014, 11:54 PM
well I was going to leave you herbs alone but before I even posted in the melo or even love thread you pansies were already in there trolling

and my point is look at it unbiased would you rather have stephon Marbury or say a tony allen

Marbury was great on the wolves but sucked later on while tony allen doesn't put up crazy numbers but he's consistent at what he brings to the table think about thing like your not a bulls homer for once

and lmao I don't even hate the bulls I can't say the same for half of their fans but I actually have the bulls as the 1 seed in the east this year but only if rose's knee holds up and they can sure up their bench a little bit

Players like Marbury/Francis/Arenas are guys I like to call "lost potential"; players that obviously showed immense talent, but couldn't put it together.

A BUST is someone that came into the league and struggled without showing signs of improvement.

Examples: Adam Morrison, Joe Alexander, Hasheem Thabeet, Marvin Williams.

Francis/Marbury/Arenas were all All Stars; which pretty much pulls you out of the bust category.

east fb knicks
07-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Dude, he changed our franchise for the better and won an MVP, he is not a bust. Neither was Grant Hill.

lmao go ask a magic fan if he was a bust

DR_1
07-28-2014, 11:58 PM
lmao go ask a magic fan if he was a bust

Ok, I will :p

D_Rose1118
07-28-2014, 11:59 PM

lol damn the knicks are that bad they brainwashed their fans^ some knick logic there

Silent
07-29-2014, 12:00 AM
lol damn the knicks are that bad they brainwashed their fans^ some knick logic there

Can't say Knicks fans just this guy

D_Rose1118
07-29-2014, 12:01 AM

true true..

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Players like Marbury/Francis/Arenas are guys I like to call "lost potential"; players that obviously showed immense talent, but couldn't put it together.

A BUST is someone that came into the league and struggled without showing signs of improvement.

Examples: Adam Morrison, Joe Alexander, Hasheem Thabeet, Marvin Williams.

Francis/Marbury/Arenas were all All Stars; which pretty much pulls you out of the bust category.

we have 2 different versions of bust bro just bcuz a player show promise or even wins a mvp doesn't make him not a bust imo arenas etc are all bust imo to not be a bust you have to live up to your hype players like hill never did that even tho is was bcuz of injuries he still never lived up to his talent

and lmao lost potential just sounds like a politically correct version of a bust

Bartlee23
07-29-2014, 12:05 AM
lmao you said the year you guys went to the 2nd rd right bro if you got Alzheimer's let me know and i'll leave you alone:oldguy:

Go back and read my post. I said "they've put a better team on the floor than New York the last couple years with or without Rose."

New York did not make the playoffs last year, they will not be making them this year. Please stop troll. You just don't understand.

Bartlee23
07-29-2014, 12:10 AM

Pretty much all New York fans are rational. This guy is just a troll. As you can see, no New York fans agree with him because he's a troll.

Silent
07-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Pretty much all New York fans are rational. This guy is just a troll. As you can see, no New York fans agree with him because he's a troll.

I think he just has a hard on for the bulls Fans

flclfanman
07-29-2014, 12:13 AM
we have 2 different versions of bust bro just bcuz a player show promise or even wins a mvp doesn't make him not a bust imo arenas etc are all bust imo to not be a bust you have to live up to your hype players like hill never did that even tho is was bcuz of injuries he still never lived up to his talent

and lmao lost potential just sounds like a politically correct version of a bust

So a player like Evan Turner; who people pegged as a superstar when drafted, but has regressed to a roleplayer is considered a bust? Despite his contributions and stats?

Sure Francis/Arenas/Marbury didn't live up to the hype, but they showed that they were immensely talented at the NBA level by putting together 1-2 solid seasons atleast. Not a bust in my book.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
You can't be a bust if you make the all-star game. Roy wasn't a bust either, he gave the blazers a good couple of years before injuries got the best of him.

lolwut?

east fb knicks
Go back and read my post. I said "they've put a better team on the floor than New York the last couple years with or without Rose."

New York did not make the playoffs last year, they will not be making them this year. Please stop troll. You just don't understand.

ok old man whatever you said we will see very soon

HYFR
07-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Busts should only be associated with guys that could not play. Roy was a beast but his body failed him. He is nowhere near a bust

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:15 AM
I think he just has a hard on for the bulls Fans

nah homie you bulls fans just like starting shyt and im here to finish it;)

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:16 AM
So a player like Evan Turner; who people pegged as a superstar when drafted, but has regressed to a roleplayer is considered a bust? Despite his contributions and stats?

Sure Francis/Arenas/Marbury didn't live up to the hype, but they showed that they were immensely talented at the NBA level by putting together 1-2 solid seasons atleast. Not a bust in my book.

I unsterstand what your trying to say but for where turner was drafted at he is beyond a bust lol

Bartlee23
07-29-2014, 12:16 AM
ok old man whatever you said we will see very soon

I thought you said you were " leaving me alone troll?" I proved you wrong so shut your mouth.

Silent
07-29-2014, 12:17 AM
nah homie you bulls fans just like starting shyt and im here to finish it;)

I see internet tough guy Gotcha!!!!!!!

flclfanman
07-29-2014, 12:18 AM
lolwut?

Show me a list of All Star busts. I gotta see this.

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Busts should only be associated with guys that could not play. Roy was a beast but his body failed him. He is nowhere near a bust

injuries are part of the draft process tho im sure when the blazers drafted roy they weren't like hey we hope to only have you for 5 years bro if a player doesn't atleast last 10 years with out a major injury ruining their career they are a bust

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:21 AM
I thought you said you were " leaving me alone troll?" I proved you wrong so shut your mouth.

im sorry old man go take a nap

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:22 AM
I see internet tough guy Gotcha!!!!!!!

lmao im not making any threats bro just standing up for my team from a bunch of haters if that makes me a tough guy so be it:cool:

Bartlee23
07-29-2014, 12:25 AM
im sorry old man go take a nap

Good come backs. You must be educated. Well I guess since you're a troll you're probably not.

JLynn943
07-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Yet another intelligent, thought-provoking thread in the NBA forum

Ariza's Better
07-29-2014, 12:33 AM
injuries are part of the draft process tho im sure when the blazers drafted roy they weren't like hey we hope to only have you for 5 years bro if a player doesn't atleast last 10 years with out a major injury ruining their career they are a bust
Is Yao Ming a bust then?

DaBUU
07-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Awful thread with the usual suspects

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:38 AM
Is Yao Ming a bust then?

that's a tough one imo cuz yoa was great in his prime but he never got out of the first rd on top of having a short career I might have to say yes

JLynn943
07-29-2014, 12:40 AM
that's a tough one imo cuz yoa was great in his prime but he never got out of the first rd on top of having a short career I might have to say yes

:laugh2:

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 12:40 AM
:facepalm: at saying Yao was a bust. Good lord

JLynn943
07-29-2014, 12:41 AM
:facepalm: at saying Yao was a bust. Good lord

Yep, possible HoFer (granted only with sizable consideration on his international impact) = bust

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 12:42 AM
but yoa never got out of the first rd :shrug:

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 12:45 AM
2 early

For a number one pick he's already a bust.

JLynn943
07-29-2014, 12:45 AM

Why stop there? The goal is to win a championship, right? No championship win = bust. Ewing, Barkley, Nash, Malone, Stockton, etc. all busts.

Ariza's Better
07-29-2014, 12:48 AM
He did get out the first round it was Tmac who never did. But besides that point, how can he be a bust, multiple all stars, multiple all first and second all nba teams, played in multiple playoffs.

Mr.B
07-29-2014, 12:48 AM
In no ways would he be a bust but he probably would go down like a few players that once they started getting hurt, fans , media etc.... started writing them off ( Grant Hill, Gilbert Arenas, Amare, Brandon Roy etc......)
I know you said etc... But I also think Penny Hard a way fits in that group and deserves mention. To a certain extent you could also include Tracy McGrady. Before he started having his back problems he was right there with Kobe Bryant. He still played a while but never maintained the player he was or reach the level he could have because of his back. And Penny was Kobe before Kobe was Kobe.

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Wow! When I made a reply it was on page 2 and all of a sudden a war broke out on here with east fb knicks and the rest of the forum and we're almost on page 7 :laugh2:

Chi StateOfMind
07-29-2014, 12:59 AM

Do you know what a bust is bro? Like seriously, you provide nothing to this forum or website. You use Bulls fans as an excuse to spew garbage. Look in the mirror. You're using bust way too loosely. Even if I wasn't a bulls fan, saying Rose is a bust is beyond idiotic.

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 01:09 AM
Wow! When I made a reply it was on page 2 and all of a sudden a war broke out on here with east fb knicks and the rest of the forum and we're almost on page 7 :laugh2:

:guns:

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 01:12 AM
fine people you can have yoa but in my defense he played a little bit longer then say a roy or hill

but for those of you who said rose isn't a bust if he got hurt right now your wrong if rose never played another game from here on he'd be a bust

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 01:12 AM
Brandon Roy was on his way to becoming a top ten player in the league at the time his knees went out. That's hardly a bust because nobody thought Brandon Roy was going to be as good as he got before his injuries caught up with him. Sam Bowie and Greg Oden will always be considered busts because they came into the league breaking down and who they were selected ahead of in the draft will forever be answers to trivia questions.

thechom80
07-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Carmelo is a bust because he thinks he can win in NY.

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 01:30 AM
fine people you can have yoa but in my defense he played a little bit longer then say a roy or hill

but for those of you who said rose isn't a bust if he got hurt right now your wrong if rose never played another game from here on he'd be a bust

He wouldn't be a bust though. He'd be one of those "what if...." players. He was on his way to a HOF career until his body started breaking down. Another player that comes to my mind right away is Grant Hill. Jason Kidd will end up making the HOF but when those two shared the ROY in '94 Grant Hill was supposed to be the guy who was going to carry the torch when Michael was gone but due to injuries to his ankles he became one of those "what if...." players. Rose has this year to show if he will have a long HOF career or a Grant Hill type of career.

elledaddy
07-29-2014, 01:30 AM

Not saying you right or wrong BUT Arenas could not possibly be a bust, he was drafted in the 2nd round. He was self made into a star then got hurt. Draft position plays a major part in being a bust

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 01:32 AM
Carmelo is a bust because he thinks he can win in NY.

That's just the money talking.

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 01:32 AM
Brandon Roy was on his way to becoming a top ten player in the league at the time his knees went out. That's hardly a bust because nobody thought Brandon Roy was going to be as good as he got before his injuries caught up with him. Sam Bowie and Greg Oden will always be considered busts because they came into the league breaking down and who they were selected ahead of in the draft will forever be answers to trivia questions.

now roy I disagree on he's definetly a bust imo they are different kind of bust

you have your you just flat out suck bust like thabeet bowie

you have your I didn't live up to the hype bust

and you also have I was good but I was injured bust injuries are a part of the game and if you have a career ruining injury early on imo your a bust that's it 10 years from now no one will remember roy he's a bust

SILVER SEAVER
07-29-2014, 01:38 AM
now roy I disagree on he's definetly a bust imo they are different kind of bust

you have your you just flat out suck bust like thabeet bowie

you have your I didn't live up to the hype bust

and you also have I was good but I was injured bust injuries are a part of the game and if you have a career ruining injury early on imo your a bust that's it 10 years from now no one will remember roy he's a bust

You got more busts going on here than a plastic surgeon who does boob implants. lol

Kyben36
07-29-2014, 01:55 AM

Im not sure i understand, Roy never won MVP, Oden never played A full season???, IM afraid rose could be the next brandon roy in terms of health, but otherwise, the comparison is over, also, roy is not a bust

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 02:01 AM
Michael Jordan wasn't drafted 1st overall

Bust

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2014, 02:15 AM
If D Rose is 80-90% he and Pau Gasol are gonna form a very difficult matchup for opposing teams. Especially withy hat defensive unit and scheme surrounding them, watch out for them Bulls if (big if?) D Rose is healthy.

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 02:28 AM
Michael Jordan wasn't drafted 1st overall

Bust

yep:drunk:

Kyben36
07-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Also, anyone who considers Brandon Roy a Bust is an idiot, 3 NBA Allstar games, NBA 2nd team, NBA 3rd team, ROY, and he is a bust, wow are people stupid, his carear was not consider a bust, but a travesty that his body could not hold out, i dont think anyone in their right mind could consider Roy a Bust.

jp611
07-29-2014, 02:43 AM
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Jarvo
07-29-2014, 03:08 AM
***** what?? :facepalm:

vangrumpy
07-29-2014, 03:21 AM
The Bulls invested a lot in Rose, so the disappointment would be even greater. They're counting on him coming back to complete the team.

Tmac and Amare played many great years so they're not in that category. Grant Hill was a bust for Orlando, but he was such a great player...Detroit screwed themselves by letting Hill play on that injury. Sam Bowie actually played well before he went down with injury. So did Ralph Sampson. I'd say Derrick Rose would be more like Grant Hill, Ralph Sampson, Brandon Roy types. They're different types of busts. Busts where the player was just not as talented or had a bad attitude. Ones that were going to be great but were cut short. And guys that barely played in the league due to injury a la Oden, Jay Williams.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-29-2014, 05:04 AM
He provided some superstar talent for a couple seasons so no clearly not a bust. Will he ever be the same? No.

Shmontaine
07-29-2014, 05:07 AM
East fb Knicks = bust

This thread = bust

Rose will be in the HOF

/thread

TheSilentBang
07-29-2014, 05:45 AM

So you'd rather have JR Smith for 10 years than 4 years of prime Rose? Did I read that right?

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 05:53 AM
So you'd rather have JR Smith for 10 years than 4 years of prime Rose? Did I read that right?

i'd obviously take rose over a lot of players but if you were to tell me he'd only last 4 years i'd take jr for 10

effen5
07-29-2014, 06:31 AM
I find it hilarious that two of the players east named became busts after they joined the Knicks :laugh:

Same with Amare, actually pretty much every player after the 90s whose joined the Knicks have been pretty bad.

jp611
07-29-2014, 06:39 AM
I find it hilarious that two of the players east named became busts after they joined the Knicks :laugh:

Same with Amare, actually pretty much every player after the 90s whose joined the Knicks have been pretty bad.

The Knicks entire existence is a pretty good joke at this point.

effen5
07-29-2014, 06:44 AM
The Knicks entire existence is a pretty good joke at this point.

Well outside the 90s...because I enjoyed the 90s Knicks very much. But from their finals appearance in 99 until now has been one big joke.

PurpleLynch
07-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Rose and Brandon Roy are not busts.

PhillyFaninLA
07-29-2014, 07:43 AM
While I believe he was overrated by many, he showed what he could do, and lead teams on playoff runs and huge regular seasons. He's not a bust

Vampirate
07-29-2014, 07:58 AM
So what the OP is saying is Greg Oden and Brandon Roy have the biggest boobs in the nba?

2-ONE-5
07-29-2014, 08:54 AM
neither Roy or Oden are busts. you can't help injuries and in Roys case he was really good when healthy. Oden never got a fair shot to show he can play but injuries dont make me look at a player as a bust. Rose sure as hell isnt a bust either, you can't win the MVP and still be considered a bust, under-achiever maybe if he never bounces back

Slade123
07-29-2014, 08:57 AM
To me, I don't consider players who were riddled with injuries to be busts. So, Rose, Oden and Roy are not busts in my eyes.

The bust label is for players who lack talent to be even a decent player in the league.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Unbelievable some of these ppl on here. Smh.

JordansBulls
07-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Guess Bill Walton was a bust as well.

jmartin80
07-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Can't believe I read this whole thread. I think I actually lost some IQ points.

cmellofan15
07-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Can't believe I read this whole thread. I think I actually lost some IQ points.

haha I'm glad I read this before browsing the pages of this one. thanks for the heads up!

NYKnickFanatic
07-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't think someone should be labeled a bust, due to injuries. It's not like they can help it.

But no, Rose is not a bust, FAR from it. Neither is Roy, neither is Oden.

NYKnickFanatic
07-29-2014, 11:24 AM
To me, I don't consider players who were riddled with injuries to be busts. So, Rose, Oden and Roy are not busts in my eyes.

The bust label is for players who lack talent to be even a decent player in the league.

Exactly.

BIG worm
07-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Are East fb Knicks and Domefavors the same person?

valade16
07-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Guess Bill Walton was a bust as well.

I think the moral of the story is the Blazers have had their dreams cut short quite frequently.

Timmmahhh
07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
did the whole point go over your head i'd take shump for 10 years over rose for 4 years

This has "AWESOME SIG" written all over it.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-29-2014, 12:00 PM
This would be much easier if we had a consistent definition explaining what a bust is

abe_froman
07-29-2014, 12:09 PM
you cant be bust if you've had success in your career.

is this the dumbest thread of the summer?

mike_noodles
07-29-2014, 12:17 PM
How many busts win MVP's or even make an all star team?

None. The OP doesn't understand what a bust really is.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Show me a list of All Star busts. I gotta see this.

freaking all star game? :laugh:

Jamaal Magloire was an all star

All star selections are a joke, thats the last thing to see who is a bust and who's not

Cheesesteak
07-29-2014, 01:39 PM
It's just sad knowing that Derrick Rose might be the only MVP winner to never get into the Hall of Fame. If he doesn't bounce back from his injuries that's for sure. His aggressive style of play is what earned him that award. But even when I watched him make those hard stops in the paint, made my knees cringe a little in pain.

lamzoka
07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
I know what the OP meant, but "bust" is the wrong choice of word.

If Rose can't play the majority of games this upcoming season, He's done. Its over for him and the bulls

InRoseWeTrust
07-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Is it just me, or do Knicks fans really have it out for Bulls fans? Did we piss in your guys' cornflakes or something? Is it because we made a run at Melo this offseason? It just seems like every time there's a Rose/Bulls thread, a fair amount of NYK fans come out swinging just yearning for the Bulls to fail. It's kind of weird.

hugepatsfan
07-29-2014, 01:56 PM
I hope all the Bulls fans that had heart attacks when they read this are recovering well.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Is it just me, or do Knicks fans really have it out for Bulls fans? Did we piss in your guys' cornflakes or something? Is it because we made a run at Melo this offseason? It just seems like every time there's a Rose/Bulls thread, a fair amount of NYK fans come out swinging just yearning for the Bulls to fail. It's kind of weird.

It's 2 of the largest fanbases. With that comes more douchebags. Chicago has their share of them as well.

ackar
07-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Rose is not a bust in no form or shape. even Brandon Roy cannot be consider a bust. Oden yes he can. OP needs to rethink what he is trying to say.

Bust as noun - a failure, a flop.

FYL_McVeezy
07-29-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm not the biggest Rose fan in the world, but I don't understand why bait threads like this aren't canned :facepalm:

FYL_McVeezy
07-29-2014, 02:28 PM
This would be much easier if we had a consistent definition explaining what a bust is

A bust is highly touted prospect who achieved nothing of significance during their(usually short) career

thechom80
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Shaq was a bust because he missed some free throws.

thechom80
07-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Rose is not a bust in no form or shape. even Brandon Roy cannot be consider a bust. Oden yes he can. OP needs to rethink what he is trying to say.

Bust as noun - a failure, a flop.

LeBron is a bust.

vangrumpy
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
The Trailblazers made a significant investment in Oden and Roy and did not get a return on their investment, so they are busts. A high lottery pick and the money tied in with that high lottery pick is costly. Injuries are regrettable, but regardless of the reason, these players did not pan out. Rose might enter that territory if he doesn't come back to the player he was. Sam Bowie and Ralph Sampson showed flashes. Bowie even stayed in the league for a while. The high pick invested in Rose could have gone elsewhere.

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 04:04 PM
The Trailblazers made a significant investment in Oden and Roy and did not get a return on their investment, so they are busts. A high lottery pick and the money tied in with that high lottery pick is costly. Injuries are regrettable, but regardless of the reason, these players did not pan out. Rose might enter that territory if he doesn't come back to the player he was. Sam Bowie and Ralph Sampson showed flashes. Bowie even stayed in the league for a while. The high pick invested in Rose could have gone elsewhere.

atleast 1 person gets it good post bro

bbcmillionaire
07-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Lol it's funny that soooo many knick fans are trying to bash bull fans. I mean dam, it was all relatively calm between the two fan bases before the melodrama. So I guess Patrick Ewing is a bust... He didn't win a ring or MVP.... If rose just disappeared from the earth the bulls will still have a better team\record than the knicks... FACT. You guys had a superstar and missed the playoffs.... Wait a minute. Melo is ring less and MVP less..... He's a bust cause that pick could've been used somewhere else right?

DaBUU
07-29-2014, 04:44 PM
this ridiculous thread seems like its from an alternate reality where Rose is still injured and not back 100%.

http://instagram.com/p/rDFC_6x87a/

effen5
07-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Seriously that 54 win season that you keep raving about was fluke. Get over it.

effen5
07-29-2014, 05:42 PM
I mean in the NBA lockout season Bulls won 50 games out of 66. That's more impressive than your flukey *** 54 win season

effen5
07-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Melo can have a career season and miss the playoffs.

east fb knicks
07-29-2014, 06:34 PM
(1) Let's talk calmly and logically for a second. Do I think the Bulls are favored to win a title this season? No, I don't. Rose is a question mark, and we've got a couple new pieces that will have to mesh. Should they be a top 4 seed in the East, with or without Rose? Yes. They were a 4 seed last year with 48 wins. DJ was obviously a factor for us last year, but if you think he was worth more than 3-5 wins, you're very badly mistaken. Look at Thibs track record with "bust/project" point guards...he consistently gets production. Watson, Lucas, DJ, etc. Bringing in Brooks this year will be more than enough to replace that production.

(2) The playoff loss for us this year was obviously ugly. Our offense was awful all year, and it's clear that when other teams clamped down in the playoffs on the defensive end, it was difficult for us to produce. But there are two important points to make here: (a) we were hurting badly by the time playoffs came around, including Noah, who had immediate off-season surgery following the series; (b) our largest weakness, offense, has basically been the focal point of this offseason. We've added Pau, McDermott, Mirotic, Brooks, on top of (hopefully) seeing Rose come back. Point being here is that the 2014 playoffs really aren't indicative of where our team will be this coming season.

(3) It's funny that you now rip on an "old Pau Gasol" when NYK fans were absolutely clamoring for him when it was rumored NYK was in the running because Melo wanted him there.

(4) Again, what is it with you and the Bulls? You guys have what looks to be a promising future with Phil at the helm, some cap space next season, and Melo under contract. Do you enjoy rooting against other teams more than you enjoy rooting for the Knicks?

meh I only wanted pau to guarantee his bro coming here it wasn't bcuz he's still a great player pau at this point of his career is just a role player but you guys are thinking your getting pau in his prime lmao you guys will soon realize he's not that player anymore

Forever35
07-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Grabbed a bite to eat with a couple of friends and a Rose highlight from Team USA workouts came up on ESPN... First thing I said was he may very well be the next Brandon Roy... Two extremely gifted basketball players with completely different injuries, but I think Rose's style of game is too much for his knees to handle... I hope the best for him though...

effen5
07-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Boozer play with heart?? Da ****?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-29-2014, 07:05 PM
(1) Pau is a signficant upgrade over Boozer on defense. If you don't know this, I'm not sure what to tell you.

(2) Larkin, THJ, Shump, and Early are role players. They are not solid assets. If they are the cornerstone of your franchise, you guys are in serious trouble. Additionally, having a pick 3 out of 4 years shouldn't be an accomplishment. And again, who knows what those picks become.

(3) Rondo is an awful fit for the triangle. Like....horrible.

(4) The Bulls are "capped out" for next offseason, which isn't going to be too impressive in terms of players available/fit. We've also added a **** ton of offense this off season, so I'm not sure what you're deeper point is. Max cap space is ideal for rebuilding teams, a la New York. For teams that want to win now, it's not something you typically strive to attain (see, e.g., San Antonio, OKC, etc.)

This is a great post to shut up a troll. Addresses every point, and does so maturely.

It's a shame that the Bulls and Knicks dont have more posters like this.

On topic: I dont think its ok to call Rose a bust. He'd still be ripping the league up if he had never gotten hurt. Plus, it isnt like he retired. He could come out next year and play good ball.

Definitely not a bust, at least by my definition.

InRoseWeTrust
07-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Can a Mod please PM me and please let me know why my posts were deleted? They were calm, logical, and I put a fair amount of thought into several of them.

Cash
07-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Seriously, LOL if you would honestly take a role player for 10 years over Derrick Rose for 4. How can you even consider Rose a bust? The amount of revenue generated by having Rose on your team for 4 seasons pretty much trumps anything a role player will do for you in a decade.

2-ONE-5
07-29-2014, 08:16 PM

yea it could have been used on an actual bust like Beasley

effen5
07-29-2014, 08:26 PM

:laugh:

Ariza's Better
07-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Or OJ Mayo

bbcmillionaire
07-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Lol see you later east fb Knicks

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Good riddance

t_money25
07-30-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't consider any of those guys busts I just think injuries have derailed them from reaching maximum potential.

jp611
07-30-2014, 06:55 AM
meh I only wanted pau to guarantee his bro coming here it wasn't bcuz he's still a great player pau at this point of his career is just a role player but you guys are thinking your getting pau in his prime lmao you guys will soon realize he's not that player anymore

Knicks fans still living that pipe dream that Marc Gasol is leaving Memphis to go to New York?

LMAO.

benny01
07-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Considering that 27 players currently in the league have had torn meniscus+ACL during their playing careers(including high school and college), and that 4 of those players were all-stars last season, I am having a difficult time understanding the OP's point. The injury's happening back to back is actually a benefit from a medical standpoint. Niether are degenerative conditions like Roy or Oden's. Seems to just be a little Bulls trolling from some Ny thugs with 6th grade educations.

cssdmark
07-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Not a bust but it would be unfortunate if he could not remain healthy for the rest of his career. Hopefully if he can not come back to MVP level he can be a good player for the rest of his career. I loved him coming out of Memphis. Bull fans make me want to root against him though they talk a lot of **** for not winning anything since Phil and Jordan. They seem to forget the reason they got D. Rose as a top three pick is be caused they sucked and that was not to long ago.

JohnStarks94
07-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Not a bust but it would be unfortunate if he could not remain healthy for the rest of his career. Hopefully if he can not come back to MVP level he can be a good player for the rest of his career. I loved him coming out of Memphis. Bull fans make me want to root against him though they talk a lot of **** for not winning anything since Phil and Jordan. They seem to forget the reason they got D. Rose as a top three pick is be caused they sucked and that was not to long ago.

Thank you bulls fans almost 20 years since MJ snd phil get over it its 2014. Nobody wants to play in chi

DaBUU
07-30-2014, 12:25 PM
This really is the worst thread I've read on this site and that says alot.

InRoseWeTrust
07-30-2014, 12:41 PM

To be accurate, we didn't suck as much as other teams that year. Almost a third of the league finished with fewer wins than us, resulting in us having a 1.7% chance of landing the top pick and pulling a rabbit out of a hat. That being said, there were definitely some rough years post Jordan. We're probably in as good of shape this year as we have been since that era, save for Rose's MVP season.

effen5
And whose begging to go to new York except your home town boy melo?

Pfeifer
Wasn't Roy a mid-late first rounder? How can you be a bust when you know he has knee problems. Makes no sense.

jp611
07-30-2014, 02:20 PM
And whose begging to go to new York except your home town boy melo?

Didn't you hear?

Marc Gasol signed a max contract with them next year.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Wasn't Roy a mid-late first rounder? How can you be a bust when you know he has knee problems. Makes no sense.

He was picked 6th in the draft.

colinskik
07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Grabbed a bite to eat with a couple of friends and a Rose highlight from Team USA workouts came up on ESPN... First thing I said was he may very well be the next Brandon Roy... Two extremely gifted basketball players with completely different injuries, but I think Rose's style of game is too much for his knees to handle... I hope the best for him though...

I gotta agree with you here. And this is strictly from a basketball perspective because I don't want to wish ill will upon Rose or the Bulls necessarily, but watching Rose in those USA highlights made me cringe. I just got the feeling that he comes down from one of those floaters and lands on someone's foot and twists his knees. Also, his stop and plant move gives me instant shivers thinking about his knee just popping.

Again, hope this doesn't happen but I'm glad i'm not a Bulls fan because I wouldn't be able to watch Rose until he proves he can play at a high level. It was the same way when Shumpert first came back from his knee. THought every time he got the ball he was going to collapse in pain.

XpLiCiTT
07-30-2014, 03:13 PM
The title of this thread is too funny.

Captain Moroni
07-30-2014, 04:32 PM
rose isnt a bust. But he most likely will never be the player he once was

Cool007
07-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Wow! Is this thread serious???

To OP, why are you pretending that Rose's career is already over??

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he won the MVP this year after coming back from his missed 2 seasons.

This is sooooooooo immature. His career is NOT over folks.

DaBUU
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM
rose isnt a bust. But he most likely will never be the player he once was

Paul George just said Rose looks like he's coming off a MVP season. Jim Boheim said Rose has been the most impressive player at camp so far. Not saying another injury can't happen, but all evidence says if he stays healthy he'll be better than ever.

cssdmark
07-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Paul George just said Rose looks like he's coming off a MVP season. Jim Boheim said Rose has been the most impressive player at camp so far. Not saying another injury can't happen, but all evidence says if he stays healthy he'll be better than ever.

Only if he is smart and adjust his style of play.

cssdmark
07-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Knicks fans still living that pipe dream that Marc Gasol is leaving Memphis to go to New York?

LMAO.
You really need to stop especially if you are a Pirates fan, you should just crawl in a hole let's not compare baseball teams, Yankees Pirates Ummmmm

jp611
07-30-2014, 11:40 PM
You really need to stop especially if you are a Pirates fan, you should just crawl in a hole let's not compare baseball teams, Yankees Pirates Ummmmm

Go Pirates!

#BUCN

chitownbulls
07-31-2014, 02:20 AM

Has nothing to do with basketball, but referring to your earlier post: Rose has said already that he's been working on other parts of his game, such as catch and shoot, floaters, coming off screens. And he believes he's really become a smarter player overall. All signs seem to show that we will be seeing a less aggressive, possibly smarter Rose

Confusious
08-01-2014, 10:45 AM
One of those four names are unlike the others... :rolleyes:

cooters22
08-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Anybody that wins a MVP and has played like Rose for the amount of time he has played is absolutely not a bust. I hate when a injury filled player is labeled a bust. Injuries happen.

GottaLoveCubs
08-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Has nothing to do with basketball, but referring to your earlier post: Rose has said already that he's been working on other parts of his game, such as catch and shoot, floaters, coming off screens.

Isn't that what he did when his ACL popped?