PDA

View Full Version : Spurs at Cavs to Open Season on TNT

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 02:35 PM
@MySportsLegion: Spurs at Cavs will reportedly open the NBA season on TNT this year. (Boston Globe)

goingfor28
07-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Good game. Isn't the full schedule supposed to be released soon?

DallasTrilla23
07-27-2014, 02:38 PM
I'd rather see Cavs at Miami

benzni
07-27-2014, 02:40 PM
not really thread worthy but it will be a good game.

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 02:42 PM

I could've started a thread about LeBron choosing his jersey number instead?!?!

IKnowHoops
07-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Both are great games. Cavs Heat has more Drama, but Cavs Spurs has a good amount of drama as well as it being more competitive.

Big Zo
07-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Shouldn't the Spurs be opening at home, and getting rings in front of LeBron?

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 02:50 PM
The Spurs are better, but it's a regular season game so it could go either way.

kdspurman
07-27-2014, 02:51 PM

Yea, that was my initial reaction as well. From what I saw this is not finalized, so hopefully it's not true.

Would much rather either Cavs @ Spurs or play against OKC at home and let Miami play Cleveland first, in Miami.

But being it's Lebron, I won't doubt the Spurs opening in Cleveland

lamzoka
07-27-2014, 02:51 PM
I dont believe this. Spurs should open the season at home. raise the banner and receive their rings.

Red_Pill
07-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Spurs should open at home. They're the champs. I'd rather see OKC at SA.

And I'd also rather see Miami at Cleveland.

seikou8
07-27-2014, 03:02 PM
I dont believe this. Spurs should open the season at home. raise the banner and receive their rings.

spurs are gonna win either way IMO

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 03:06 PM

Dude c'mon, u know that's Christmas Day worthy if anything.

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Of course it's thread worthy. It's a marquee game and first game of the season. If you don't like it, then don't post, or better yet, don't click.

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:17 PM
And the Spurs are gonna party like it's 2006 all over again.

IKnowHoops
07-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Do champs always open the season at home?

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:18 PM

Don't ya know Zo......the league revolves around LeBron and Cleveland now.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Bulls vs Cavs would've been better..

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Cavs will have some great rivalries this year.

Cavs - heat

Cavs - Bulls

Heck maybe even Cavs - Wiz

AllBall
07-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Should have been Cavs at Heat and the Spurs opening at home.

Are they going to make the Spurs play on the road for Christmas too. Way to punish the champs.

TylerSL
07-27-2014, 03:44 PM
why does San Antonio have to go on the road to start the season???? Whoever they play should go to San Antonio so the Spurs can collect their rings in front of their fans on opening night.

The Champs should always start the season at home, as well as get a Christmas game at home.

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Cavs vs Heat In Miami no doubt about it. Or save it for Christmas Day. Merry Christmas LeGone.

TylerSL
07-27-2014, 03:52 PM
IMO Opening Night should have been Thunder @ Spurs (league MVP vs. world champs). Christmas games should be like Mavericks @ Rockets, Bulls @ Spurs, Clippers @ Thunder, Trailblazers @ Wizards, and Cavaliers @ Heat.

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:54 PM
why does San Antonio have to go on the road to start the season???? Whoever they play should go to San Antonio so the Spurs can collect their rings in front of their fans on opening night.

The Champs should always start the season at home, as well as get a Christmas game at home.

The Spurs just keep piling up regular wins and world championships and they still get overlooked. LeBron loses in the Finals......bad, goes to a wet behind the ears Cleveland squad and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Let's see how many Cleveland games will be nationally televised and compare that number to what the Spurs will get and it will be sad.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Miami's home crowd sucks...they shouldn't open the season. Shoulda been Miami @ Cleveland and okc @ SA

TylerSL
07-27-2014, 04:02 PM
The Spurs just keep piling up regular wins and world championships and they still get overlooked. LeBron loses in the Finals......bad, goes to a wet behind the ears Cleveland squad and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Let's see how many Cleveland games will be nationally televised and compare that number to what the Spurs will get and it will be sad.

I agree, but the NBA has been doing this sort of thing to the champs for several years now. Last year, Miami had to go on the road on Christmas to play the Lakers, who weren't even good, and they had to go on the road during the SuperBowl for the 2nd consecutive year. And now, they are contemplating sending the Champs on the road on Opening Night, it's ridiculous.

Dade County
07-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I doubt this is true unless it's a triple header on opening day...

Opening game:
Spurs will be at home, maybe facing OKC or the Pacers (Conference runner opts).

Possible 2nd game:
If the league wants a game in Cleveland for the Lbj hype machine, then they will either have Chicago (Rose) or a west coast team fly in; Lakers (Kobe or the Lin Hype machine)... Clippers (Sterling is gone from the league media angle).

3rd game
A mid west team vs a west coast team.

Okc, Houston or Dallas vs Warriors, Lakers, Clippers.

Big Zo
07-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Miami's home crowd sucks...they shouldn't open the season. Shoulda been Miami @ Cleveland and okc @ SA

Just because we're not covered in maple syrup, doesn't make us a bad crowd, buddeh!

beasted86
07-27-2014, 04:05 PM

They suck because they attend more games than Craptors fans?

TylerSL
07-27-2014, 04:05 PM

Miami's Home crowd is gonna be loud when Lebron returns, think what you will. However Miami @ Cleveland would be a good opening week game, but the Champs should play at home on opening night.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 04:08 PM
They suck because they attend more games than Craptors fans?
If the raptors were gifted LeBron James, we'd definitely slaughter Miami's attendance #s. Hell, our crowd **** on every team in the playoffs this year with the mediocre team we have. Having a high attendance with LeBron doesn't mean ****....everyone and their mothers know the Miami crowds are awful. Watch those #s slide back down with LeBron gone. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:14 PM
The intriguing part is James returning. Rest assured, this will draw some huge ratings for NBA. I don't think them playing vs Spurs is a good opening matchup. They are the defending champions for Christ's sake.

Chicago vs Cavs is definitely the best match that makes sense. You have Noah saying he hopes to kick LeBron's ***. Derrick Rose's return will be something to look for. LeBron can return to Cleveland against a top East team while also not endangering anything.

Heat vs Cavs or Cavs vs Heat should follow down the line much later. This would be a game filled with emotions.. they are probably going to tease us with this matchup later on. I think James returning to Miami for their first matchup would be more promising for ratings.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Miami's Home crowd is gonna be loud when Lebron returns, think what you will. However Miami @ Cleveland would be a good opening week game, but the Champs should play at home on opening night.
That's nice. It still wouldn't be nearly as good as Cleveland opening the season.

JordansBulls
07-27-2014, 04:17 PM

Not really, it should be OKC at SAS since they are more rivals.

Dade County
07-27-2014, 04:17 PM
If the raptors were gifted LeBron James, we'd definitely slaughter Miami's attendance #s. Hell, our crowd **** on every team in the playoffs this year with the mediocre team we have. Having a high attendance with LeBron doesn't mean ****....everyone and their mothers know the Miami crowds are awful. Watch those #s slide back down with LeBron gone. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Thats most crowds... As the years went on in Cleveland their attendants went to crap too.

You need a winning product or a Star player (most of the time), to consistently draw a good amount of fans. I'm not talking about fan support for only a year or two.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:18 PM
It's no secret that Miami's AAA arena home crowd SUCKS. When James was there, they still showed up late, disinterested, and only stood up when it was a playoff game. Halftime comes and again, you wait till it's midway to the third quarter until people start coming back. If it's not an interesting game against marquee opponents, fans leave early. What makes you think that with James being gone, people are going to keep up with the attendance? No one pays to see Bosh and if it wasn't for Wade still being there, the attendance for this team would plummet even further. Meanwhile, Quicken Loans has a reputation for having energetic and fans who actually show up to the games with their full attention. Sure, it's because of James and they sucked when they were losing but a Quicken Loans arena with James on the team is far more appealing than a Miami Heat team with James in the AAA arena.

Cal827
07-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Lol, No way in hell the Cavs deserve to get the honor of starting the very first NBA game of the season at home. Spurs should get it, and their opponent should be one of the last two teams they played, either the Thunder or the Heat.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Thats most crowds... As the years went on in Cleveland their attendants went to crap too.

You need a winning product or a Star player (most of the time), to consistently draw a good amount of fans. I'm not talking about fan support for only a year or two.
That's my point on why beasted86's point was dumb as Hell.

Attendance #s don't tell the whole story, especially if you have a superstar. On tv, and according to many media people, Miami crowds just aren't good at all.

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 04:22 PM

Nope attendance didn't go to crap. Unless you think average attendance is crap.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Cavs playing at home is more appealing than everything else going on in the NBA. Stop lying to yourself. We know you will be tuning in to see the reaction...

TheNumber37
07-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Spurs by 20+ points FOR SURE

Cal827
07-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Also, :facepalm: to the Miami/Toronto fighting. Not yet guys lol

Opening Game Ideas:

OKC/Spurs (Probably the two biggest contenders for the title)

Cavs/Bulls (Return of Rose vs Return of Lebron, also these teams could very well be the East 1/2 at the end)

or

Cavs/Spurs

Pelicans/Thunder (Pelicans look to be developing into the new young up and coming team)

Wizards/Raptors (or Raptors/Wizards) (Both teams seem to be up and coming at the same time, and could be the future beasts in the East if development goes right)

Mavericks/Rockets (Parsons Return)

Or for the Hell of It:

Wizards/Thunder
Hornets/Pacers
Craptors/Cheat :D
Warriors/Clippers

I'm avoiding Lebron's return on ideas, just cause as someone already mentioned, his first game back will probably on Christmas.

We'll likely see at least one of the series that went 7 games in the first round last year open up the year, at least I think

Dade County
07-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Nope attendance didn't go to crap. Unless you think average attendance is crap.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2012

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2013

Last year they were average though, like you stated.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Cavs attendance has a lot to do with people not being able to afford tickets to watch Kyrie Irving and a bunch of rookies play.. You have to account for all those things. Miami is filled with rich businessmen who have money to lose. Many of them buy tickets and probably don't even care to show up. I'm sure with James coming back to Cleveland, a lot of those Cleveland fans are more willing to pay some of their hard earned money. That and Wiggins coming back will drive Cleveland's attendance back to the top 5. Miami will probably reach top 5 MAYBE since many of them still have their season tickets. But there is no doubt Cleveland will have a higher attendance than Miami..

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 04:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2012

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2013

Last year they were average though, like you stated.

You forgot 2010 http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010

You forgot 2011 http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2011

So I'd say that's better than average.

Arch Stanton
07-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Cavs attendance has a lot to do with people not being able to afford tickets to watch Kyrie Irving and a bunch of rookies play.. You have to account for all those things. Miami is filled with rich businessmen who have money to lose. Many of them buy tickets and probably don't even care to show up.

They can afford tickets. They sold out of season tickets in a couple of hours.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:40 PM
They can afford tickets. They sold out of season tickets in a couple of hours.

Yeah.. to watch LeBron.. How many of them would pay for season tickets to watch Kyrie Irving and a bunch of rookies?

beasted86
07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Fact: HEAT had more attendance than the Raptors in 2008 when they won 17 games.

AllBall
07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Also, :facepalm: to the Miami/Toronto fighting. Not yet guys lol

Personally I actually like when the Raps do well because I'm a huge fan of The Starters (formerly the Basketball Jones) cast. :)

Cal827
07-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Personally I actually like when the Raps do well because I'm a huge fan of The Starters (formerly the Basketball Jones) cast. :)

:laugh: Love those guys

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Fact: HEAT had more attendance than the Raptors in 2008 when they won 17 games.
Lol Miami was a championship contender the 2 years prior with a superstar player then plummeted. The year after they sucked in 08, they dropped to 15th, and stayed there the next year.

Same thing happened with the Cavs. The year LeBron left, they were 3rd, then plummeted to 19 the year after.

So yea, once again your attendance #s mean Jack-****. Don't even compare the atmosphere of the Toronto crowds and Miami. Last year proved that it isn't close.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1647520-whats-taking-miami-heat-fans-so-long-to-get-to-the-game

Heat vs Chicago Bulls semi-conference finals. Look how empty it is in a PLAYOFF game.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/26/5347566/miami-heat-fans-early-game-struggle-san-antonio-spurs

Heat vs Spurs first match since Heat beat them in game 7. Of course, this was an ABC game so it was an early-bird game but still.. Look how EMPTY it is.

I can find thousands of more examples because let's face it, AAA crowd SUCKS. The fans there will give up now that James left.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 04:53 PM
:laugh: Love those guys
Meh....they're ok. It was better when it was just tas and skeets. Don't like the other2 guys

beasted86
07-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Lol Miami was a championship contender the 2 years prior with a superstar player then plummeted. The year after they sucked in 08, they dropped to 15th, and stayed there the next year.

Same thing happened with the Cavs. The year LeBron left, they were 3rd, then plummeted to 19 the year after.

So yea, once again your attendance #s mean Jack-****. Don't even compare the atmosphere of the Toronto crowds and Miami. Last year proved that it isn't close.
The owner can't pay his players with "atmosphere," Willis.

The Raptors have been consistently mediocre in attendance despite Toronto having an official census population over 5x Miami, and being the only team for the country of Canada.

Big Zo
07-27-2014, 05:00 PM

The Toronto crowds are definitely more Canadian.

Cal827
07-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Meh....they're ok. It was better when it was just tas and skeets. Don't like the other2 guys

Agreed

Then again, I still miss seeing Cabbie go around on a consistent basis and harass some athletes on the score lol

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 05:07 PM

The Raptors have been consistently mediocre in attendance despite Toronto having an official census population over 5x Miami, and being the only team for the country of Canada.
Completely dodging my point once again...

Elite teams draw good attendance #s. In 01 and 02 seasons. We were 6th and 4th (Vince Carter days when we were contenders in the east). Miami was in the high teens back then and was a non-contender. The raptors haven't been **** since the early 2000s and that's why the attendance is mediocre. So there, just used your dumb logic against you. Unless you're the Knicks, Lakers, golden state, Chicago, Boston, you only get high attendance with a great team. Only those franchises I names can get high attendance #s with bum teams. Miami didn't draw **** with mediocre/crap squads either.

So once again, attendance numbers don't mean ****. Your logic is awful.

beasted86
07-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Completely dodging my point once again...

Elite teams draw good attendance #s. In 01 and 02 seasons. We were 6th and 4th (Vince Carter days when we were contenders in the east). Miami was in the high teens back then and was a non-contender. The raptors haven't been **** since the early 2000s and that's why the attendance is mediocre. So there, just used your dumb logic against you. Unless you're the Knicks, Lakers, golden state, Chicago, Boston, you only get high attendance with a great team. Only those franchises I names can get high attendance #s with bum teams. Miami didn't draw **** with mediocre/crap squads either.

So once again, attendance numbers don't mean ****. Your logic is awful.

What does that have to do with having a huge population and no attendance?LA, Chicago, New York, and Dallas live up to the potential of their huge populations as the 4 biggest cities in the US even with poor teams. Canada does not. Raptor fans don't attend games unless their team is good, and even then they will never be number one like Miami fans attend when we are also good.

Per population and per good team record, HEAT fans attend far more games, period. Raptors fans should not be talking down on any other team.

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Should have been Cavs at Heat and the Spurs opening at home.

Are they going to make the Spurs play on the road for Christmas too. Way to punish the champs.

Again, Cavs @ Heat doesn't make sense for opening night. It's way better for Christmas on a nationally televised Afternoon on ABC.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 05:24 PM
What does that have to do with having a huge population and no attendance?LA, Chicago, New York, and Dallas live up to the potential of their huge populations as the 4 biggest cities in the US even with poor teams. Canada does not. Raptor fans don't attend games unless their team is good, and even then they will never be number one like Miami fans attend when we are also good.

Per population and per good team record, HEAT fans attend far more games, period. Raptors fans should not be talking down on any other team.

Toronto doesn't have an established franchise like any of those 4 teams, and having the maple leafs as a top nhl draw doesn't help the raptors with this being a hockey country. Also, being in Canada doesn't help as well without a Canadian star player. If we had someone like Nash or Wiggins the interest would be infinitely higher. Our franchise was garbage for years with absolutely no history...of course our attendance would be mediocre

LOL how the **** do you know we'll never be #1? Like I said, you were #1 with LeBron and we haven't had close to that caliber of player. Our #s with Vince, much less of a superstar, were equal to yours with LeBron. If we had LeBron we'd be #1 too.

Your last point is garbage and I already disproved it. Attendance means Jack, and the Miami crowds are known by everyone to be bad, complete opposite of Toronto's which has a way better atmosphere.

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 05:30 PM
What do you guys think should be the second game of the double header on TNT?

Call me a homer, but with a returning Kobe, I think it'd be nice to see Houston @ LA. BScott makes his Laker coaching debut, Kobe vs Dwight, Lin vs Dwight and his former team. So much animosity already. Now yes, the Lakers aren't very good, but they still draw the ratings, especially with a returning Kobe who hasn't played since last December (albeit for just 6 games).

beasted86
07-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Toronto doesn't have an established franchise like any of those 4 teams, and having the maple leafs as a top nhl draw doesn't help the raptors with this being a hockey country. Also, being in Canada doesn't help as well without a Canadian star player. If we had someone like Nash or Wiggins the interest would be infinitely higher. Our franchise was garbage for years with absolutely no history...of course our attendance would be mediocre

LOL how the **** do you know we'll never be #1? Like I said, you were #1 with LeBron and we haven't had close to that caliber of player. Our #s with Vince, much less of a superstar, were equal to yours with LeBron. If we had LeBron we'd be #1 too.

Your last point is garbage and I already disproved it. Attendance means Jack, and the Miami crowds are known by everyone to be bad, complete opposite of Toronto's which has a way better atmosphere.

Now I'm hearing excuses about hockey and no Canadian players? Really? Then maybe you should STFU about other basketball teams if you're mega populated city can't fill the arena for your perennial losing franchise before you go talking about the HEAT.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM

Let me tell you something about Canada.

1) Basketball is not as popular as you think. Their attendance is consistent but have you ever been to Canada? Most of them are clueless regarding rules, players, teams, etc,. The majority of the fans or people who attend the games are the minority who do watch basketball and or moved to Canada from America - in which they still followed basketball in Canada.

2) Go to a park in Canada. Courts are empty. In fact, most parks only have two hoops because the majority of them aren't playing basketball. I lived in Canada for quite some time and 85% of the chance, no one is there. That's on a good day, bad day, any day.

3) Are you aware that basketball is not as exposed in Canada as it is in USA? You're talking about a city in the USA in which basketball consistently ranks as a top sport. Of course Miami, NY, Chicago, and LA are exposed to basketball. It's everywhere. The exposure of basketball in Canada is minimal to how it works in USA.. Different country, different priorities.

4) I was fortunate enough to be in Toronto when Bosh played there in 2006. Trust me when I say this, the majority of them aren't fans of basketball. A lot of them are just people who have nothing but time to waste. You'd be lucky to find someone who knows 10 NBA players. My cousin moved to NY after being in Toronto for 20 years. Neither her or her boyfriend knew who Kevin Durant was. She was in that Lin game where he hit the game winner because of the buzz in FB going around in Toronto that time. Did you notice all those people cheering when Lin made that game winner? Those were just CASUAL fans. Canadians are casual fans of basketball.

5) Canada is still relatively new to the NBA crowd. They only had two franchises but one of them has moved back into USA. They also don't have any Canadians. If they had Wiggins, Nash, or even Thompson, there would be more buzz in Canada about NBA basketball.

Your logic is that of someone who has never been to a third world country and wonder why everyone is drinking water off a well instead of a sink. Different countries have different models of living. In Canada, LeBron isn't shoved down our throats like in USA.

Jonathan2323
07-27-2014, 05:38 PM
This is probably false. I remember the 1st game of the Heat big 3 it was on the road aganist the Celtics.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Now I'm hearing excuses about hockey and no Canadian players? Really? Then maybe you should STFU about other basketball teams if you're mega populated city can't fill the arena for your perennial losing franchise before you go talking about the HEAT.
How the hell are those excuses? You're telling me that the most popular hockey team in the nhl in a hockey country doesn't hinder raptor crowds? :laugh: Your lack of business sense and logic is hilarious. It's ok...I'd be hurt too if Raptors crowds were still awfully quiet and empty during the first halves of playoff games with 2 top 5 players in the world.

I'm gonna assume you never watched any of the raptors/nets series where kg and pierce called the ACC one of the loudest crowds they've played in in their careers. You're just spewing ignorance and basic #s while ignoring the details.

NBA_Starter
07-27-2014, 05:44 PM
When does the full schedule come out?

IKnowHoops
07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
IMO Opening Night should have been Thunder @ Spurs (league MVP vs. world champs). Christmas games should be like Mavericks @ Rockets, Bulls @ Spurs, Clippers @ Thunder, Trailblazers @ Wizards, and Cavaliers @ Heat.

I feel you on this, but I think you want to do the Spurs the service since they are the champs, to put them in the biggest game possible. There biggest game is playing against whatever team Lebron is on. Blessing the Heat with a Lebron game on opening night would be doing the Spurs a disservice on the night they receive there rings. And if they don't get rings in cleveland, then they still get the ability to play in the highest rated game of day 1 of the NBA and they deserve it because they are the champs, but the only way to make that possible is to have them play against Bron, because Bron against any contender is the biggest game in basketball that day.

IKnowHoops
07-27-2014, 06:05 PM

Its amazing the strong homer factor in Miami fans that I really didn't notice until after Lebron left. Also the pain they feel is stronger than I expected. I heard a lot of people say "if he leaves I was happy to have him" but now that its sunk in that he's gone, people are devastated.

NBA_Starter
07-27-2014, 06:13 PM
[/B]

I feel you on this, but I think you want to do the Spurs the service since they are the champs, to put them in the biggest game possible. There biggest game is playing against whatever team Lebron is on. Blessing the Heat with a Lebron game on opening night would be doing the Spurs a disservice on the night they receive there rings. And if they don't get rings in cleveland, then they still get the ability to play in the highest rated game of day 1 of the NBA and they deserve it because they are the champs, but the only way to make that possible is to have them play against Bron, because Bron against any contender is the biggest game in basketball that day.

Hopefully it is a doubleheader but that should be one of the games.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 06:42 PM
I get that they want to draw ratings but it's unfair for Spurs fans and Spurs themselves to be treated as second news. They deserve to have their banner raised at their home in their 1st game. Them playing Cleveland isn't about them winning a ring. It's about LeBron's return and that's what matters to the NBA. With all due respect to Spurs, the biggest news in opening day will be about his return.

IKnowHoops
07-27-2014, 06:43 PM
What do you guys think should be the second game of the double header on TNT?

Call me a homer, but with a returning Kobe, I think it'd be nice to see Houston @ LA. BScott makes his Laker coaching debut, Kobe vs Dwight, Lin vs Dwight and his former team. So much animosity already. Now yes, the Lakers aren't very good, but they still draw the ratings, especially with a returning Kobe who hasn't played since last December (albeit for just 6 games).

I wouldn't mind seeing...
Heat vs Bulls
Heat vs Lakers
Heat vs OKC
OKC vs Bulls

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 06:48 PM
When does the full schedule come out?

Somewhere in August is what it says on Wiki.

beasted86
07-27-2014, 07:21 PM
How the hell are those excuses? You're telling me that the most popular hockey team in the nhl in a hockey country doesn't hinder raptor crowds? :laugh: Your lack of business sense and logic is hilarious. It's ok...I'd be hurt too if Raptors crowds were still awfully quiet and empty during the first halves of playoff games with 2 top 5 players in the world.

I'm gonna assume you never watched any of the raptors/nets series where kg and pierce called the ACC one of the loudest crowds they've played in in their careers. You're just spewing ignorance and basic #s while ignoring the details.

They are excuses, not reasons, don't kid yourself. Lakers had decent attendance while Dodgers are like number one. Knicks have good attendance and so do the Yankees and Giants/Jets. Mavericks and Cowboys sell out constantly. Those are the advantages that come along with a huge multi-million population. You always have an excess of residents to fill the arena.... except if you're the Raptors.

If you were looking for kudos for showing up for one playoff series to make noise, sorry, not from me. Raptors had the 3rd best team in the East and struggled to fill it. 92% full is pathetic for a team with the most wins in it's history.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM
They are excuses, not reasons, don't kid yourself. Lakers had decent attendance while Dodgers are like number one. Knicks have good attendance and so do the Yankees and Giants/Jets. Mavericks and Cowboys sell out constantly. Those are the advantages that come along with a huge multi-million population. You always have an excess of residents to fill the arena.... except if you're the Raptors.

If you were looking for kudos for showing up for one playoff series to make noise, sorry, not from me.

And unlike those franchises, the nhl and nba seasons run at the exact same times. The Dodgers play in the summer and the Nfl season only clashes with nba for like 2 months while only playing 1 game a week, so once again, the scenarios aren't comparable. You have to be stupid to not see how the nhl doesn't clash with the nba (and were the only north American market that cares more about hockey than basketball)

Raptor crowds have always been great in the playoffs but you've already shown ignorance to that. I highly doubt you watch raptor games to have good judgment. I've seen a ton of Miami games the past decade and know how quiet the crowds are.

beasted86
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing...
Heat vs Bulls
Heat vs Lakers
Heat vs OKC
OKC vs Bulls

HEAT vs Bulls would be good.. two teams with stars with something to prove in the East, would be a good opener followed by Cavs @ Spurs.

Rockets vs Mavs would make a great 2nd game if it's Spurs @ Cavs.

NYKNYGNYY
07-27-2014, 07:42 PM
I like it but it really should be spurs at home

And Cleveland at Miami is definetly gonna be on Christmas

torocan
07-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Don't really care who the Spurs play... the Heat aren't really a rival anymore with LBJ gone, and I can see why they'd want to hold OKC for Christmas.

Either way, the Spurs should definitely be playing at Home so they can get their rings and hang the banner on opening night. I get the LBJ is a huge star, but people are going to watch the Cavs next season no matter what team he plays against.

Let Lebron have his opening night in Cleveland. Let the Spurs have their opening night in San Antonio. And work out a different pair of match ups that will be more competitive than the Champs vs LBJ and the Rookies...

Ariza's Better
07-27-2014, 09:19 PM
The NBA should always start the season with the runners-up@the NBA champions. It would create drama with the runners-up watching the winners receive their rings.

Kenny
07-27-2014, 09:26 PM
The NBA should always start the season with the runners-up@the NBA champions. It would create drama with the runners-up watching the winners receive their rings.

People don't want to see the Heat play without Lebron. People pretend like they do but they won't watch. Heat fans remind me of Cleveland fans after Lebron left. You pump yourself up on how things will be fine without Lebron and revenge untill mid January when reality starts setting in.

Big Zo
07-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Except that the runners-up are never on the court during the ceremony, anyway.

Big Zo
07-27-2014, 09:41 PM
People don't want to see the Heat play without Lebron. People pretend like they do but they won't watch. Heat fans remind me of Cleveland fans after Lebron left. You pump yourself up on how things will be fine without Lebron and revenge untill mid January when reality starts setting in.
The difference here is that we still have a couple of hall of famers on the team, and a bunch of other guys that have won championships, and been to multiple finals. This won't be anything like what the Cavs went through.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-27-2014, 10:07 PM
I think that's false. The opening night TNT games always start with two East rivals, specifically teams with the biggest story lines from the offseason and/or the defending champs, followed by two West rivals with the same criteria. So got a feeling it'll be Bulls(new look team + Rose returning AGAIN) vs Cavs (obvious). And out west it'll be either OKC or Clippers vs. the Spurs. I think Cavs vs Heat will be a separate event sometime in late November/early December like when Lebron returned to Cleveland for the first time.

AllBall
07-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Its amazing the strong homer factor in Miami fans that I really didn't notice until after Lebron left. Also the pain they feel is stronger than I expected. I heard a lot of people say "if he leaves I was happy to have him" but now that its sunk in that he's gone, people are devastated.

The Fallacy of the PSD Logic

1. Complain that Heat fans are fake homers and are actually bandwagoners because of Lebron
2. Lebron leaves
3. Now claim Heat fans are devastated because we are homers

Lets see how long this PSD rhetoric lasts.

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Spurs are not playing at cleveland. I would like to see LA at SA. With kobe coming back and everything.

beasted86
07-27-2014, 10:35 PM

1. Complain that Heat fans are fake homers and are actually bandwagoners because of Lebron
2. Lebron leaves

He's a LeBron fan that roots for whatever team he plays for. You really wasting time talking about fanship with HIM?!

NBA_Starter
07-27-2014, 10:47 PM
The difference here is that we still have a couple of hall of famers on the team, and a bunch of other guys that have won championships, and been to multiple finals. This won't be anything like what the Cavs went through.

They won't be as poor looking as the Cavs were when LeBron left but they still won't be very good.

TylerSL
07-27-2014, 11:46 PM
[/B]

This is wrong, that Cavs @ Heat game my Christmas Day idea. The only game I would have on opening night is Thunder @ Spurs.

kobe4thewinbang
07-27-2014, 11:58 PM
@MySportsLegion: Spurs at Cavs will reportedly open the NBA season on TNT this year. (Boston Globe)OMG...haha. I love the Spurs, but they're just doing this because of LeBron, who I doubt will draw that much interest. Spurs vs Cavs? Haha...NBA execs must be hanging themselves.

Big Zo
07-27-2014, 11:58 PM
They won't be as poor looking as the Cavs were when LeBron left but they still won't be very good.

They won't be a title contender for sure, but they'll be a top 4 seed in the east. Yes, I fully expect them to have a better record than the Wizards, and win the division.

IKnowHoops
07-28-2014, 12:13 AM

2. Lebron leaves

Never by me

IKnowHoops
07-28-2014, 12:15 AM
He's a LeBron fan that roots for whatever team he plays for. You really wasting time talking about fanship with HIM?!

Definitely top 3 homers on this site and you know it.

IKnowHoops
07-28-2014, 12:20 AM
They won't be a title contender for sure, but they'll be a top 4 seed in the east. Yes, I fully expect them to have a better record than the Wizards, and win the division.

I can't see this but I could be wrong. I see them 7-8 seed, but if Wades injuries are worse then ever, they could miss the playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
07-28-2014, 12:32 AM
If they play wade only plays 50 games again I highly doubt that.

static_inferno
07-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Strange that the defending champs would open their season on the road. That hasn't happened since 2000 when the Lakers opened at Portland.

TheSilentBang
07-28-2014, 04:03 AM
Awesome. Even though it would have made sense for Miami to play them since the HEAT are the team that played the Spurs in the Finals not the Cavs even if LeBron left.

beasted86
07-28-2014, 05:37 AM

Definitely top 3 homers on this site and you know it.

So, was I lying about you being a LeBron fan that follows him team to team? Tell me I'm lying and I'll STFU and GTFO this thread.

tphi31
07-28-2014, 06:20 AM
spurs shouldnt have to open on the road...should be okc or something at home.....and miami at cleveland...save the cleveland at miami for christmas and do miami at cleveland on opening night...for as crazy as people think miami fans will be when lebron returns i think cleveland fans will be just as crazy against miami

and about the toronto vs miami fans debacle..i have no rooting interest in either team but in a toronto home playoff game there was a huge crowd outside during the 4th quarter cheering the team on because the arena was sold out....at a miami home playoff game..actually lebrons last home game in a miami heat uniform...there was a huge crowd outside during the 4th quarter leaving the game early after they boo'd the home team in an nba finals game...and that was WITH lebron..that pretty much sums up the winner of that argument to me

IKnowHoops
07-28-2014, 10:24 PM
So, was I lying about you being a LeBron fan that follows him team to team? Tell me I'm lying and I'll STFU and GTFO this thread.

No you weren't lying. Was I lying?

IversonIsKrazy
07-28-2014, 10:35 PM
I get why its Spurs-Cavs (I mean last year finals was spurs vs lebron), but it should be played in SA. Why the hell would they want to get their rings infront of Cleveland fans?

3ballbomber
07-28-2014, 10:45 PM
xmas ;)

3ballbomber
07-28-2014, 10:48 PM
maybe Silver is switching things up & have Lebron coming out w/ the rings w/ his new team mates, have them put the rings on the Spurs players fingers & bowing before the champions :clap:

prodigy
07-29-2014, 08:55 AM

Lol why does that have to take place in front of lebron? That's kinda childish. If your gonna show someone up then bring bosh and wade in since they were the ones that sucked and choked.

torocan
07-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Lol why does that have to take place in front of lebron? That's kinda childish. If your gonna show someone up then bring bosh and wade in since they were the ones that sucked and choked.

That would only happen if it was Spurs-Miami. Unfortunately it's Spurs-Cavs which means that the rings will be rolled out in front of Lebron whether it's played in SA or Cleveland.

I still think it should be played in SA. A teams' fans deserve to see the rings rolled out at a home game. I would throw up if the Knicks won a championship and I had to see them get their rings somewhere like Utah or LA instead of on home court in front of their fans.

prodigy
07-29-2014, 10:00 AM

That would only happen if it was Spurs-Miami. Unfortunately it's Spurs-Cavs which means that the rings will be rolled out in front of Lebron whether it's played in SA or Cleveland.

I still think it should be played in SA. A teams' fans deserve to see the rings rolled out at a home game. I would throw up if the Knicks won a championship and I had to see them get their rings somewhere like Utah or LA instead of on home court in front of their fans.

I thought it was at home when they hand out rings. I never heard of that on the road. That would be dumb.

Punk
07-29-2014, 07:23 PM
LeBron faces Miami for the very first time on Oct 11th in Brazil for a preseason game.

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/494235441051500545

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 12:10 AM
Cavs @ Heat Xmas day. That ought to be a good time

SPURSFAN1
07-30-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm telling ya. LA @ SA would be awesome. You know everyone would watch the sh1t out of that.

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 12:56 AM
when is the full schedule reveal? thought it was supposed to be sometime around now...

edit. just looked it up, August 3rd. so sunday

IKnowHoops
07-30-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm telling ya. LA @ SA would be awesome. You know everyone would watch the sh1t out of that.

Not more than Cavs Spurs

SPURSFAN1
07-30-2014, 01:36 AM
Not more than Cavs Spurs

Yeah but I don't see the Spurs playing away from home or the cavs either for opening night. LA@SA would be equally as good especially with Kobe playing.

IKnowHoops
07-30-2014, 02:05 AM
Yeah but I don't see the Spurs playing away from home or the cavs either for opening night. LA@SA would be equally as good especially with Kobe playing. As a Spurs fan I understand why, but thats not a good game for basketball fans. The Spurs are a great team, people want to see them in great games. There not about the glitz and glamour. But the Heat on the other hand are "hollywood as heck" and that game can be enjoyed as a spectacle. Spurs will be up by 20 mid way through the second quarter and none will care to watch at that point. Heat and Lakers are the glitzy glam team, and they would actually battle and you have a great old guy injury matchup of Kobe vs Wade, then OKC vs Clipps, Cavs vs Rockets. All three of those games would me more must see then Lakers vs Spurs. But Cavs vs Spurs will trump any other matchup that can be made when they are playing each other, giving both teams the top spotlight as they both deserve, albeit for two totally different reasons.

nickdymez
07-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Both are great games. Cavs Heat has more Drama, but Cavs Spurs has a good amount of drama as well as it being more competitive.
It won't be more competitive. The Spurs are gonna blast the Cavs. The Heat and Cavs are pretty much even. Much rather would see that.

torocan
07-30-2014, 10:46 AM
It won't be more competitive. The Spurs are gonna blast the Cavs. The Heat and Cavs are pretty much even. Much rather would see that.

This. Neither game is going to be competitive.

The Cavs are WAY too young to be defensively organized enough to slow down the Spurs offense. And the Heat has added too many new pieces to hope to have a decent defense in place. Sure, the Cavs and Heat should be able to get the bucket in the hoop decently given it's the first game of the season, but the type of coverage that you need to slow down the Spurs is not something you put together in training camp.

The Spurs offense isn't something you can stop by just "winging it".

The only way the games are competitive is if Pops uses the first game to experiment with line ups and schemes.

hugepatsfan
07-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Teams are tanking left and right to try and get the pick/cap space to sign "that one player." The NBA wants to stop it. Then they take a team like the Cavs who because of one player go from after thought to title favorite. They're basically confirming why teams need to be tanking and going for "that one player" while at the same time pursing ways to stop teams from doing that.

IKnowHoops
07-30-2014, 08:10 PM
It won't be more competitive. The Spurs are gonna blast the Cavs. The Heat and Cavs are pretty much even. Much rather would see that.:laugh::facepalm:

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Looooooool cavs are miles ahead of the heat now

Kashmir13579
07-30-2014, 08:34 PM
:drool:

nickdymez
07-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Looooooool cavs are miles ahead of the heat now
You know nothing about the sport. Your just a LeBron activist

Kashmir13579
07-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Dude c'mon, u know that's Christmas Day worthy if anything. obviously and they play four times

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 08:37 PM
You know nothing about the sport. Your just a LeBron activist
Right. Bc I have totally proven to be a lebron lover on here.

nickdymez
07-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Justify your stupid *** point then.

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Justify your stupid *** point then.
Look at the rosters. That's all you need to do. And that's without Kevin Love.

SPURSFAN1
07-30-2014, 08:40 PM

We all know your a Houston fan.

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 08:40 PM
We all know your a Houston fan.
Lol

nickdymez
07-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Where did Cleveland end up last year in the east? OK. The Heat lost LeBron and added Deng, McRoberts, and grainger. Gtfoh. Stop talking to me. There's enough LeBron love in these forums.

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Where did Cleveland end up last year in the east? OK. The Heat lost LeBron and added Deng, McRoberts, and grainger. Gtfoh. Stop talking to me. There's enough LeBron love in these forums.
I can't stand lebron. Mcbob is average, granger absolutely blows now, and Deng is fine. Lebron is the best in the game. They also likely will add klove. Cmon

nickdymez
07-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I can't stand lebron. Mcbob is average, granger absolutely blows now, and Deng is fine. Lebron is the best in the game. They also likely will add klove. Cmon
LeBrons that good where he's leaving the number 1 team in tact, who added solid pieces and kept the number 2 and 3 option, to go to a team that didn't make the playoffs last year and is trading it's young assets? They are gonna be that much better in your opinion that you felt the need to insult my opinion? Shows me you're clueless about basketball or your a LeBron Nutt hugger.

goingfor28
07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
K

IKnowHoops
07-30-2014, 09:05 PM
K

That was a very interesting Lebron hater face off.

NBA_Starter
07-30-2014, 10:42 PM
I am ready to see the entire schedule, they keep delaying it.

FlashBolt
07-31-2014, 02:12 PM
NickyDymez claiming Heat are better than the Cavs is just another sign of how much disgust he has for one person. Goingfor28 doesn't even like LeBron and he's not even as biased as you. Who cares what the Cavs record was last year? The point is, LeBron can generate at least 55 wins with any East or West team out there. Especially in his prime, that's not even a debate. This entire team will play better as a whole with LeBron leading them. You act as if Cleveland just got a role player who hands out gatorade cups to his teammates. He's the best basketball player and they also got the best player in this draft. Oh yeah.. They also got Mike Miller (who played 82 games last season and was a huge part of Miami's success). Let's not forget about David Blatt (Who is the most successful American to coach in Euro-League). But hey, if you think McBob+Deng = LeBron, whatever floats your boat.. LOL

NBA_Starter
08-01-2014, 08:05 PM
That is how I see it, Heat better than Cavs lol.

goingfor28
08-02-2014, 01:27 AM
I am ready to see the entire schedule, they keep delaying it.
Sun. Aug 3. 6pm. NBATV.

NBA_Starter
08-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Sun. Aug 3. 6pm. NBATV.

Thanks, Finally! Hopefully the Hornets home opener is on a Saturday night. :hope:

goingfor28
08-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Finally! Hopefully the Hornets home opener is on a Saturday night. :hope:
I just hope tickets aren't crazy expensive bc I want to go. Twc arena is gonna be crazy opening night!

mattymadness
08-03-2014, 09:26 PM
hey guys, has the schedule been announced yet? i'm from Australia hopefully travelling to the states over new years!

NBA_Starter
08-03-2014, 09:39 PM
hey guys, has the schedule been announced yet? i'm from Australia hopefully travelling to the states over new years!

Not yet, I heard it was tonight but I don't see anything yet.

SPURSFAN1
08-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Not yet, I heard it was tonight but I don't see anything yet.

That's right. Today is the 3rd.

Dade County
08-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Maybe because of the PG injury they moved it back a day or two.

Normally the releasing of the NBA schedule is a positive event, but the only thing on basketball fans minds are what happen to PG.

I mean, if that injury didn't happen to PG, Espn would be talking about Rose non stop, because of some of his athletic plays the other night.

NBA_Starter
08-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Normally the releasing of the NBA schedule is a positive event, but the only thing on basketball fans minds are what happen to PG.

I mean, if that injury didn't happen to PG, Espn would be talking about Rose not stop, because of some of his athletic plays the other night.

It would be a very classy move. Maybe wait until PG gets back to Indiana or at least out of the hospital. We all already know Silver is a classy guy.

torocan
08-04-2014, 12:58 AM

I mean, if that injury didn't happen to PG, Espn would be talking about Rose non stop, because of some of his athletic plays the other night.

The other possibility is that media carriers like TV and Radio are looking to re-shuffle the schedule a bit in terms of which games are going to end up on Thursday night TNT and fan night on NBATV.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we start seeing some shifts in terms of national coverage with significantly fewer national games for the Pacers, more games for the Cavs, and a few other mid-profile teams picking up a few nationally televised games.

goingfor28
08-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Ya I don't think Paul George leg has anything to do w it lol

Munkeysuit
08-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Hmmmm, not sure if I am excited with this one or not, but I do wish to see Cavs/ Heat on Christmas day, now that one would be worth getting excited about.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Thunder vs Spurs would have been better.

Everyone wants to feel good about Lebron coming back home, but a beat down by San Antonio for the first game isn't the way to go.

prodigy
08-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Where did Cleveland end up last year in the east? OK. The Heat lost LeBron and added Deng, McRoberts, and grainger. Gtfoh. Stop talking to me. There's enough LeBron love in these forums.c

Granger might have been one of the worse players in the leauge last season. Yes he has injury issues but that's part of the game. Mcroberts is a solid backup. Deng last season single handily blew games for the cavs. I believe on purpose because he didn't wanna be there. He's a good player when he tries, but nothing special.

Heats success will come down to wade. Can he stay healthy? How much does he have left in that damaged body? Can he still lead a team? Just a few questions we need answered by his play.

Did you just tell someone to stop talking to you? Lol I hope your under 13 years old.

nickdymez
08-04-2014, 05:09 PM
NickyDymez claiming Heat are better than the Cavs is just another sign of how much disgust he has for one person. Goingfor28 doesn't even like LeBron and he's not even as biased as you. Who cares what the Cavs record was last year? The point is, LeBron can generate at least 55 wins with any East or West team out there. Especially in his prime, that's not even a debate. This entire team will play better as a whole with LeBron leading them. You act as if Cleveland just got a role player who hands out gatorade cups to his teammates. He's the best basketball player and they also got the best player in this draft. Oh yeah.. They also got Mike Miller (who played 82 games last season and was a huge part of Miami's success). Let's not forget about David Blatt (Who is the most successful American to coach in Euro-League). But hey, if you think McBob+Deng = LeBron, whatever floats your boat.. LOL
Your LeBron love is scary. Again, I do not care if anyone on this site agrees with me or not. I'm not here to make friends with you or goingfor28. The Heat are a better team than the cavs right now. Sorry to burst your little bubble buddy. The Heat have the same team minus LeBron. You can play the name game with me all you want, I know basketball a lot better than you and most people on this board. Deng, McRoberts, and grainger are very nice additions to a team already with bosh and wade in the east. But hey, keep blindly loving LeBron and making him out to be some superhuman that can never lose. His 2-3 finals record is enough for me to bet against him.

Sadds The Gr8
08-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Loooool at granger. Have u not watched him the past 2 years? He's as washed up as it gets

nickdymez
08-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Loooool at granger. Have u not watched him the past 2 years? He's as washed up as it gets
Yea we'll see

prodigy
08-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Your LeBron love is scary. Again, I do not care if anyone on this site agrees with me or not. I'm not here to make friends with you or goingfor28. The Heat are a better team than the cavs right now. Sorry to burst your little bubble buddy. The Heat have the same team minus LeBron. You can play the name game with me all you want, I know basketball a lot better than you and most people on this board. Deng, McRoberts, and grainger are very nice additions to a team already with bosh and wade in the east. But hey, keep blindly loving LeBron and making him out to be some superhuman that can never lose. His 2-3 finals record is enough for me to bet against him.

That's your opinion which everyone is entitled to. Everyone knows lebron dragged that team to the playoffs and finals.