PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade: Fave opposing player LeBron, Kobe 2nd best player all time

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 01:25 AM
Asked who'd he love to compete against:

“Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant… the second best all time…. now, I have a new favorite player to play against… my former teammate, LeBron James.”

TylerSL
07-27-2014, 01:43 AM
As a fan I want to smack Cleveland next year, more than any other team in the East.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2014, 01:48 AM
and if James was on his team it would be James lol. He is so full of ****

Sactown
07-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Players always overrate the players of their era lol... Also not surprising since LeBron left he has a chip on his shoulder to give it to him

TDE
07-27-2014, 02:20 AM
He really wants to take it to Bron, Can't be mad at either comment

IKnowHoops
07-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Miami vs Cleveland that first time is one of those "CANT MISS GAMES". Thats as close to must see tv as it gets for me.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 02:33 AM
:nod: love it

Master Mind
07-27-2014, 02:40 AM
Wade's been taking a few jabs at James Lebron, I like it.

Cle vs Mia--“Can't wait!" (Bart Scott voice)

clehmun
07-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Wade better get healthy because the Wade of 2013-2014 is not even worthy of being Lebron's "rival".

Raps08-09 Champ
07-27-2014, 03:49 AM
How well can he compete with half a knee?

3ballbomber
07-27-2014, 05:31 AM
Finally, these ********** get competitive. Gone be a good season. Cannot wait for these Heat/Cavs games. Let's get it on, sonnnn!:box:

MELO 15
07-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Wade better get healthy because the Wade of 2013-2014 is not even worthy of being Lebron's "rival".

Unless he has found the fountain of youth for both him and his knees, as my Lieutenant would say....... He's DONE!

DallasTrilla23
07-27-2014, 08:54 AM
I was always disappointed that we never got to see Wade vs Lebron in the playoffs because Wade vs Lebron matchups were always great back in the day. It seemed like they always went at each other but now I think they will be even better. Can't wait.

c.c.
07-27-2014, 09:02 AM
I hope this motivate Wade to improve from last year. Kobe should be his favorite opposing player, they both are being doubted right now to see if they still got it.

c.c.
07-27-2014, 09:06 AM
I was always disappointed that we never got to see Wade vs Lebron in the playoffs because Wade vs Lebron matchups were always great back in the day. It seemed like they always went at each other but now I think they will be even better. Can't wait.

When Wade dunked on Anderson Varejão :clap:

NYKnickFanatic
07-27-2014, 09:35 AM
As a fan I want to smack Cleveland next year, more than any other team in the East.

You won't

J_M_B
07-27-2014, 10:55 AM
You won't
Probably right, but we'll see.

mjt20mik
07-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Which is why I hated when they got together. Those games use to be epic. I am happy the East is a little more even this year.

Htownballa1622
07-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Lol. I can't wait for bron to **** on wade.

No comparison.

LakersEaglesLA
07-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Wade better be careful, he's gonna be public enemy #1 for sayin Kobe is 2nd All-Time

WadeKobe
07-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Wade better be careful, he's gonna be public enemy #1 for sayin Kobe is 2nd All-Time

Nope. He will just be another person with an incorrect opinion to shrug off.

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Is this a shot at LeBron as well? We all know James is trying to surpass MJ and with Wade publicly saying Kobe is the #2 best player of all time (why did he randomly mention that? it wasn't part of the question), maybe this was a shot at James.

Bruno
07-27-2014, 05:05 PM
heat/cavs on christmas is gona be great.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Pffffft we all know Kobe is barely 10th best all time. Wade, and all those other phonies who played in the NBA, coached or had some sort of involvement don't know ****.

All about Per and Ws/

PSD kids > Actual NBA people

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Pffffft we all know Kobe is barely 10th best all time. Wade, and all those other phonies who played in the NBA, coached or had some sort of involvement don't know ****.

All about Per and Ws/

Actual NBA people have proven to be actually inept at running teams. Its why the greatest of all time (Michael Jordan) is letting one of those number crunchers run his team.

We are ALL entitled to our opinions, that you think they have a better understanding of the NBA than normal folks is doing yourself a disservice IMO. Whats more important is HOW you defend your vote, not who votes. Never appeal to authority

Lets put it this way, Oscar Robertson doesn't think MJ is the greatest. If I disagree with him, does that make me wrong? LMFAO.... not if we look at things objectively, which includes statistical analysis.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 05:16 PM
:laugh2:

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Is this a shot at LeBron as well? We all know James is trying to surpass MJ and with Wade publicly saying Kobe is the #2 best player of all time (why did he randomly mention that? it wasn't part of the question), maybe this was a shot at James.

Vendetta is obvious. Wish he would add context here. Im hoping he meant SG because theres no possible way anyone can think Kobe has surpassed KAJ. Even Kobe himself wouldn't go that far (IMO)

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:21 PM

Speechless huh. Dnt trip, I tend to do that to people.

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Actual NBA people have proven to be actually inept at running teams. Its why the greatest of all time (Michael Jordan) is letting one of those number crunchers run his team.

We are ALL entitled to our opinions, that you think they have a better understanding of the NBA than normal folks is doing yourself a disservice IMO. Whats more important is HOW you defend your vote, not who votes. Never appeal to authority

Lets put it this way, Oscar Robertson doesn't think MJ is the greatest. If I disagree with him, does that make me wrong? LMFAO.... not if we look at things objectively, which includes statistical analysis.

Why do you always get so defensive when it comes to Kobe's place in history? Why the insecurity?

It's like you have something to prove by bringing others down who believe Kobe is on a high list history wise.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:23 PM

Cmon man, you can hold any opinion on this sport and it wouldn't necessarily be incorrect. How would you prove right or wrong so decisively? Its ok to think Kobe is whatever number you have him at, its not ok to think only those who play the game are best suited to understand why.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Why do you always get to defensive when it comes to Kobe's place in history? Why the insecurity?
It has nothing to do with Kobe, you could have replaced his name with a plethora of other legends that other great players will claim as superior.

Its the argument that we should appeal to authority that is the root issue here. You would know that if you weren't so insecure.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 05:31 PM

All about Per and Ws/

Dr. J doesn't have Magic, MJ, or bird in his top 5. Should we bow at his feet and consider his opinion gospel?

FlakeyFool
07-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Wade sucks

Hotone1401

And what determines whether someone's opinion is correct?

You sound like a bitter *******.

P&GRealist
It has nothing to do with Kobe, you could have replaced his name with a plethora of other legends that other great players will claim as superior.

Its the argument that we should appeal to authority that is the root issue here. You would know that if you weren't so insecure.

I think for you, it has everything to do with Kobe and more. You don't eve address the first part of the thread in Wade vs Bron, but man, you won't hold back on the other part of this thread, which is discussing Wade's view of Kobe's place in history.

dannyy08
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM
It's always good to hear other players appreciate KB's greatness.

I really hope he gets 1 more ring. It may take 3-4 more seasons but whatever it takes.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:41 PM
I think for you, it has everything to do with Kobe and more. You don't eve address the first part of the thread in Wade vs Bron, but man, you won't hold back on the other part of this thread, which is discussing Wade's view of Kobe's place in history.
If anything that should clue you into the fact that its not about Kobe, but the arguments being raised in this very thread. I try not to post what others have already stated (that it should be good hype for the matchup), that should go without saying. But to hide behind the unsubstantiated opinions of others, thats always worth a beatdown.

Get it yet?

NBA_Starter
07-27-2014, 05:41 PM
He and Bron used to put on some shows for sure, I remember one in particular in Miami.

samcurrie13
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
dwaaayne waddeeee

FlashBolt
07-27-2014, 05:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8aPkUrENhg

For nostalgia sakes..

If there was ever a more even rivalry than this..

http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/96/07/9607fbab7d38e323fc64447fc29b76c9.png

Insanely even.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Speechless huh. Dnt trip, I tend to do that to people.

I just get amused by you over the years. I've seen you get dismantled and seen you puff your chest. All in all, I enjoy your Kobe hate :)

No sweat of my balls homie, I'll just go back to being the Man in real life.

Stay up play boy. ✌️

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 05:58 PM

You're wasting your time brotha. Trust.

mjt20mik
07-27-2014, 06:01 PM

For nostalgia sakes..

Insanely even.

Should be interesting to see how much Wade has in the tank next season.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 06:12 PM
I just get amused by you over the years. I've seen you get dismantled and seen you puff your chest. All in all, I enjoy your Kobe hate :)

No sweat of my balls homie, I'll just go back to being the Man in real life.

Stay up play boy. ✌️

Proof? Link?

No? Didn't think so, u sidestepping tells us all we need to know. Keep being the man in real life, Ill keep owning both the real world and the digital one. I dont have to limit myself.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 06:13 PM

For nostalgia sakes..

Insanely even.

Its pretty close but its not even. Bron wins out in everything you have shown us.

WadeKobe
07-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Cmon man, you can hold any opinion on this sport and it wouldn't necessarily be incorrect. How would you prove right or wrong so decisively? Its ok to think Kobe is whatever number you have him at, its not ok to think only those who play the game are best suited to understand why.

I am sorry. The opinion that Kobe is -- IMO -- incorrect. I don't see what's troublesome about sayin so?

WadeKobe
07-27-2014, 06:24 PM
And what determines whether someone's opinion is correct?

You sound like a bitter *******.
I am not bitter at all.

I am responding to the notion that because someone says somethig, regardless of the evidence, it should matter that they said it.

I disagree. Lots of people think lots of thigs. I don't care that they do.

How does that make me bitter? It clearly makes me pretty apathetic abou it, not bitter.

What I am irritated by is the notion that if I have an opinion about a player I am a hater/bitter/etc.

I am just a fan who takes an empirical approach to nba analysis. That's it.

Bostonjorge
07-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Again it's the same posters trying to bash kobe it's hilarious.

Yet another of many nba peers of kobe have him only behind Jordan. Wade is not the first and will not be the last of many stars the game of basketball has to offer give kobe his #2 spot.

Jamiecballer
07-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Obviously Wade is not a fan of James after this off season. Good. He shouldn't be.

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 08:38 PM
:yawn: weak.

WITZ
07-27-2014, 08:42 PM
If Wade plays defense as bad as he did in the finals this will be lulz worthy to watch.

MTar786
07-27-2014, 09:56 PM
as always PSD kids > NBA people

lol

Chronz
07-27-2014, 10:03 PM
as always PSD kids > NBA people

lol
Generalizations are suppose to pass for arguments these days?

WaDe03
07-27-2014, 10:11 PM
It's obvious Wades motivated this year and has already slimmed down and cut up.

So when Wades playing great this season what will everyone on here dogging him all the time say?

Will he still be "done" and "washed" or will everyone finally start giving him credit for being the great player he is again? All-time great player that is.

WaDe03
07-27-2014, 10:15 PM
I will say I'm surprised I didn't open this thread and see 52 comments bashing Wade!

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm rooting for D Wade this year, I hope both top SG of our Era brings it next year. Let's see it happen and watch them both surprise people.

WaDe03
07-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm rooting for D Wade this year, I hope both top SG of our Era brings it next year. Let's see it happen and watch them both surprise people.

Same here I'm pretty confident they both will.

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 10:50 PM
^ bu bu bu JAmes Harden has.......THE BEARD!!!! :)

Supreme LA
07-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Generalizations are suppose to pass for arguments these days?

Well, based on experience alone, the generalization that NBA people know more about the game and have more insight than PSD people is enough to pass as an argument for me.

I don't understand why you've always been so convinced that you know more than NBA players, coaches, and GM's.

I really do not believe there is anything that you can say in a basketball forum that would ever garner you more credibility than professionals. It's actually quite arrogant of you to think so but we have all become very aware of how highly you think of yourself high horse.

Supreme LA
07-28-2014, 01:30 AM
I will say I'm surprised I didn't open this thread and see 52 comments bashing Wade!

Because nobody cares about Wade enough to bash him anymore. I actually feel bad the guy lost his BFF and his free ride to the Finals every year.

WaDe03
07-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Because nobody cares about Wade enough to bash him anymore. I actually feel bad the guy lost his BFF and his free ride to the Finals every year.

They must care with all of these threads on here lately involving him.

FlashBolt
07-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Well, based on experience alone, the generalization that NBA people know more about the game and have more insight than PSD people is enough to pass as an argument for me.

I don't understand why you've always been so convinced that you know more than NBA players, coaches, and GM's.

I really do not believe there is anything that you can say in a basketball forum that would ever garner you more credibility than professionals. It's actually quite arrogant of you to think so but we have all become very aware of how highly you think of yourself high horse.

You do realize that at the end of the day, these professionals have their own definition of who the best player is, right? Scottie Pippen said James may be the greatest player of all time. Alonzo Mourning said James can kick Jordan's butt. So how do you trust Pippen over the likes of Wade? They are human beings who are just involved with the game itself. It doesn't make them anymore knowledgeable than someone who is watching at home and crunching their numbers. You guys blame management and referees every game that passes and when the subject of who knows more comes up, you applaud NBA management and referees for being "professionals"? Just because you can play the game, doesn't mean you are knowledgeable of the game. J.R. Smith is a complete lunatic. Would you trust his words? The best posters on this site doesn't make the opinion of the best NBA player any more wrong than each other. They both have an opinion and if Wade really thinks Kobe is the 2nd greatest of all time, so be it. Pippen, Phil Jackson, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, Alonzo Mourning, Oscar Robertson, and a whole list of people who are HOF's will have their opinion on James as well.

Supreme LA
07-28-2014, 02:30 AM
You do realize that at the end of the day, these professionals have their own definition of who the best player is, right? Scottie Pippen said James may be the greatest player of all time. Alonzo Mourning said James can kick Jordan's butt. So how do you trust Pippen over the likes of Wade? They are human beings who are just involved with the game itself. It doesn't make them anymore knowledgeable than someone who is watching at home and crunching their numbers. You guys blame management and referees every game that passes and when the subject of who knows more comes up, you applaud NBA management and referees for being "professionals"? Just because you can play the game, doesn't mean you are knowledgeable of the game. J.R. Smith is a complete lunatic. Would you trust his words? The best posters on this site doesn't make the opinion of the best NBA player any more wrong than each other. They both have an opinion and if Wade really thinks Kobe is the 2nd greatest of all time, so be it. Pippen, Phil Jackson, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, Alonzo Mourning, Oscar Robertson, and a whole list of people who are HOF's will have their opinion on James as well.

I'm not just referencing players. I'm talking about NBA coaches, scouts, and GM's as well.

I fully understand that opinions varies among players. I just have a problem with someone who thinks they know better than these professionals do.

Zefflin
07-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Woah woah Supreme common sense alert! Don't be so well-informed by gathering as much information about a subject as possible before forming an opinion. Especially don't build your mental resources by reading, observing, listening for yourself, cross referencing and cross examining...and most importantly don't then take time to reflect and evaluate all previous info. Just believe that your random PSD basketball opinion gets taken more seriously then the legends and players and coaches around the league and world alike.

rex.reyesiii
07-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Well Michael Jordan has always been DWade's Idol growing up, I do not think anyone can dethrone him in his own mind as far as he is concerned.

He looks up to Kobe and LBJ is now belongs to an opponent Team offcourse he'll say this.

GREATNESS ONE
07-28-2014, 06:50 AM

:nod:

Jamiecballer
07-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Woah woah Supreme common sense alert! Don't be so well-informed by gathering as much information about a subject as possible before forming an opinion. Especially don't build your mental resources by reading, observing, listening for yourself, cross referencing and cross examining...and most importantly don't then take time to reflect and evaluate all previous info. Just believe that your random PSD basketball opinion gets taken more seriously then the legends and players and coaches around the league and world alike.
Which side are you arguing? Its very difficult to tell. You start out talking about being informed, unbiased, gathering information, etc. Then at the end you are talking about legends and players.

These are not the same groups of people.

If I want someone with a breadth of knowledge about books I go to a literary professor not a librarian just because she works around books all day.

If I want an opinion about cars I consult an expert on cars not someone who does a lot of driving.

Same goes for sport. The people who play do not possess the birds eye view of the sport necessary to objectively evaluate the game.

Chronz
07-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Thats pretty sad and I truly pity any sort of blind allegiance and no offense but to me, its indicative of how little you follow the NBA. The reason generalizations dont work is because they dont apply equally. There are totally certain posters I respect more than say, a Mike Dunleavy or a Ricky Davis. I can explain why but I hope you think enough of yourself (in any facet of life) to understand the concept.

Because this isn't rocket science. Its funny tho, how some guys will get jobs in the NBA despite never playing in the NBA. So obviously some level of transference is applicable, its been proven, you dont NEED to play in the NBA to be one of its better minds, so why would I place any importance in being a player? Particularly when the greatest player of all time cant even hold a candle to an asian egg head from Pepperdine. LMFAO, why exactly should a players opinion be held up as gospel when having an opinion is an EQUAL right? With these matters, its best to measure the opinion by the defense behind it, not the authority behind it

Thats nice, to me its simply a sign of how little you think of yourself, either way it wouldn't change the inconsistency behind appealing to authority. You can ask several players about who they think is great, not all of them agree, does that make you an idiot if you dont agree with them? Its IMPOSSIBLE to agree with them all, so OBVIOUSLY you are going to disagree with SOME players. When that occurs, I hope people have the intelligence to say something other than, THEY KNOW MORE THAN U WAHHH!!

Lets put it this way, whos your #1? Im assuming you have allowed yourself an opinion on the matter and that you dont need to hide behind others to make your case. Im also going out on a limb and say MJ is your #1. Well what if I told you there are some "professionals" who dont even have him in their top3-5?

What would you make of an argument where I present nothing but the opinion of someone else? It wouldn't be much of an argument would it? Thats why you have nothing to stand on...

Chronz
07-28-2014, 11:53 AM

LOL. Strawman arguments get you no where.

Hate to break the news to you but I apply all the methods you have given here, Im sure you've seen me quote players a million times. Since you dont understand the scope of the argument, Ill explain the difference here, I dont hide behind those players opinion. I use them as a piece to the puzzle not the foundation. I rely on facts more than I do opinions.

Chronz
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm not just referencing players. I'm talking about NBA coaches, scouts, and GM's as well.
The focus was on players but I would agree, the higher up you go, the better the decision makers.

I fully understand that opinions varies among players. I just have a problem with someone who thinks they know better than these professionals do.

LMFAO. Sounds like you havent heard or seen enough from these "professionals" to call them out on their BS. I know ALOT more than some of those professionals. You really have no idea how idiotic some of these athletes are do you?

Anyways. If the opinion varies and you find yourself disagreeing with them, the only way you aren't thinking you know more than them is if you completely lack any sort of conviction in your argument. Some of us are of stronger mind.

GREATNESS ONE
07-28-2014, 12:00 PM
:yawn:

Chronz
07-28-2014, 12:11 PM
:yawn:

Out of curiosity, do you think its a coincidence that most of the old school players think more highly of old school players? And new school kids think more highly of their peers?

Which group of people would you trust more on this issue?

Would you allow yourself to disagree with either group of players?

Chronz
07-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Its one thing to respect a players opinion, its quite another to disrespect others because they dont agree with it.

Thats the issue.

mngopher35
07-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Its one thing to respect a players opinion, its quite another to disrespect others because they dont agree with it.

Thats the issue.

This seems to be pretty much my thoughts as well. The people in here who seem to be bashing those who disagree are the common ones who will push an agenda no matter what. Kobe is a fantastic top 10 all time player but isn't the 2nd goat, even if Wade says it. If you truly believe this to be true please try and make your own pitch/argument instead of just trying to get people to agree with a player.

Why spend all your time saying this player said this and this person said that when we have many other types of facts on the matter as well which are much more important than a he said this argument (watching them actually play, production over the years, skillset, accolades, team success etc). Yes players opinions should be looked at and can be taken into consideration but why not use your own mind and look at all the facts to come up with an answer?

The idea that random people we haven't met automatically know more than any one of us is crazy. I won't assume that because someone has physical talents that they automatically know the game better. There is so much more to basketball knowledge than just being able to play well because you are 6'4+ with extreme athletic ability. Playing the game isn't the same as evaluating anyways, many of the skills won't transfer at all. Some of them might know more for sure but we have no idea how qualified these people are or their biases (is it odd that MJ and wade have propped up Kobe while Pippen/Bird have done the same for Lebron?). I am not sure if you have noticed but people jump on players all the time for being stupid and basketball players aren't necessarily watching many other games so they only get to see guys a few times a year. Why trust them 100% in discussion like this, in fact why trust them at all without evidence to back it up? I don't blindly trust opinions on PSD either, I look at all the evidence.

Kobe isn't the 2nd GOAT but is at the SG spot. I will gladly defend this against anyone who wants to make an argument for him. I won't just agree because of someone else's opinion though.

beliges
07-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Dude enough. Nobody here knows about basketball as much as the coaches, GMs and players that all get paid millions of dollars in the NBA. Thats plain and simple. Fans may have one opinion about a certain player but GMs, Coaches and Players all may have a completely different opinion. THe opinion of the fans then becomes moot as the opinion of those involved in the game trumps any opinion a lay fan will provide.

ManRam
07-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

P&GRealist
07-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Bitter Kobephobe, we were waiting for you!

:rolleyes:

P&GRealist
07-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Out of curiosity, do you think its a coincidence that most of the old school players think more highly of old school players? And new school kids think more highly of their peers?

Which group of people would you trust more on this issue?

Would you allow yourself to disagree with either group of players?

Both old school guys (MJ, Magic, Bird) and new school guys all say Kobe.

Not sure what you're getting at. :confused:

IKnowHoops
07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Bitter Kobephobe, we were waiting for you!

:rolleyes:

These lame names you guys come up with somehow entertain me. Come up with some new ones though.

P&GRealist
07-28-2014, 07:25 PM
These lame names you guys come up with somehow entertain me. Come up with some new ones though.

And kobephiles isn't lame?

A mod told me they were going to ban that word along with "SMs" and "TTs". Hell, I even make an argument that Hawkeye15 (who is or was a mod, I don't know his current state) uses the term kobephile.

It is a baiting term to label a fan base. But yet it is tolerated on PSD.

But SMs and TTs was banned from being used.

Go Figure.

This is PSD Logic.

5ass
07-28-2014, 07:48 PM
P and g is becoming the new dellusionist. So obsessed.

Jamiecballer
07-28-2014, 09:29 PM
dude enough. Nobody here knows about basketball as much as the coaches, gms and players that all get paid millions of dollars in the nba. Thats plain and simple. Fans may have one opinion about a certain player but gms, coaches and players all may have a completely different opinion. The opinion of the fans then becomes moot as the opinion of those involved in the game trumps any opinion a lay fan will provide.
lol!

Tony_Starks
07-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Didnt even read all the pages but I'll go out on a limb and assume the haters are dismissing D Wade as having an agenda....pretty much the same thing they do whenever any past or present player gives Kobe praise.

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Dude enough. Nobody here knows about basketball as much as the coaches, GMs and players that all get paid millions of dollars in the NBA. Thats plain and simple. Fans may have one opinion about a certain player but GMs, Coaches and Players all may have a completely different opinion. THe opinion of the fans then becomes moot as the opinion of those involved in the game trumps any opinion a lay fan will provide.

This is all nonsense :rolleyes:

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2014, 12:13 AM

Tambien Carnal. Stay cool G.

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2014, 12:15 AM

I've got the best million dollar restaurant in the city to run and in the process of opening two successful food trucks. Why do you think I didn't respond papi.

Chronz
07-29-2014, 01:25 AM

Im not sure what you just said. All say Kobe? You still thinking this is about your idol? And why are you limiting the old school to 3 players from the 80's? You do know there were 3 other decades of NBA basketball... right?

Chronz
07-29-2014, 01:27 AM
Pass on that baseless generalization, I already know of a few posters and non-NBA insiders that are more knowledgeable about the game. I really wish you would think more highly of yourself. Blind sheep I guess.

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Talk is cheap perro. I got respect for you and I guess that's what separates us as men. I stand amongst champions, and then talk about it. Stay up homeboy. On the real though, you're not as "right" as you think.

thenaj17
07-29-2014, 06:21 AM

He's going to stick up for the SG's and the 1 he saw winning when growing up and playing HS & college ball

WadeKobe
07-29-2014, 10:50 AM
I have never seen a fan-base be so player-centric, first of all. Kobe has removed the Laker legacy from young fans and replaced it with himself.

Next, I have never seen a fan-base so hell-bent on overrating their favorite player.

I will say this.... No player in NBA history has created such a cult following as Kobe Bryant. Kudos to Kobe. That is greatness.

MonroeFAN
07-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Wade's talent level right now is comparable to a mid level talent 2 guard. Best of luck rivaling Lebron.

RowBTrice
07-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Strictly LeBron vs Wade has never been close in the past, not close now, and certainly not close in the future. LeBron has always been better than Wade.

WaDe03
07-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Strictly LeBron vs Wade has never been close in the past, not close now, and certainly not close in the future. LeBron has always been better than Wade.

It's been very close if you look at their head to head numbers

IKnowHoops
07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
And kobephiles isn't lame?

A mod told me they were going to ban that word along with "SMs" and "TTs". Hell, I even make an argument that Hawkeye15 (who is or was a mod, I don't know his current state) uses the term kobephile.

It is a baiting term to label a fan base. But yet it is tolerated on PSD.

But SMs and TTs was banned from being used.

Go Figure.

This is PSD Logic.

They are all lame, but I seem to at least chuckle every time I see one. So I am calling them all lame, but what I am also saying is keep using them and better yet, come up with some new ones. Don't know what SMs or TTs means. Care to enlighten me? And trust me, I would never defend PSD logic.

IKnowHoops
07-29-2014, 01:54 PM

1. Amosler
2. Illusionist
3. Jerell

In that order, Jerell may be the worst because he's the smartest of the three, so he will actually be passive aggressive, conniving, and sneaky about his trolling. The other two are just blunt and obvious. I don't see P&G ever reaching there level.

beliges
07-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Pass on that baseless generalization, I already know of a few posters and non-NBA insiders that are more knowledgeable about the game. I really wish you would think more highly of yourself. Blind sheep I guess.

Im sure you do. I'm sure they are involved in the NBA game and spend all their time around NBA players and coaches, watching game films and training with the greatest athletes in the world. Your friends are idiots then for not working in the NBA. They can be making millions of dollars implementing their highly coveted talents.

Its hilarious some of the people on here think they know everything about the game of basketball because they play at the park during the weekends or they have league pass. Nonetheless, I stand by the fact that the opinion of NBA coaches, GMs and players means a hell of a lot more than some shmuck who thinks he knows it all because he watches the sport on television.