PDA

View Full Version : Would Grizzlies already have a title if they didnt trade Love for Mayo on draft day?

Hellcrooner
07-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Think of it.

They do not trade Love for Mayo.

Means they dont trade for Zbo and isntead do the same trade for a similar talent SG.

Conley, Similar to Zbo talent Sg, Gay, Love, Marc Gasol.

Discuss.

supersplashbros
07-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 ... there's a lot of teams you could make the case for:

For example, if the bulls didn't trade LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas who knows where they would be ...

Raps08-09 Champ
07-26-2014, 11:34 PM
The Grizzlies didn't want Love. They wanted Mayo.

The Bulls didn't want Aldridge. They wanted Thomas.

Jarvo
07-26-2014, 11:48 PM
The Grizzlies didn't want Love. They wanted Mayo.

The Bulls didn't want Aldridge. They wanted Thomas.

I bet the Bulls wish they could take that trade back though.

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 12:31 AM
what about zeke trading 3 first for eddy curry and one of those first were noah :mad:

THE MTL
07-27-2014, 12:37 AM
I think the grizzlies mistake was trading Gay and fiend Lionel hollins. They should have kept that team together.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 12:38 AM
No but I think they woulda been a lot closer to a title team.

Sandman
07-27-2014, 12:41 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 ... there's a lot of teams you could make the case for:

For example, if the bulls didn't trade LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas who knows where they would be ...

ouch, one step further, what if the Knicks don't make that Eddy Curry trade

MrfadeawayJB
07-27-2014, 12:54 AM
No but I think they woulda been a lot closer to a title team.

This.

The grizz have had chances, (wcf appearance two years ago before losing to SA) but can't get over the hump.

2009 was a back breaker of a draft.

Drafted: Thabeet

Could have had: Harden, Evans, Rubio, or Curry

Hellcrooner
07-27-2014, 01:07 AM
This.

The grizz have had chances, (wcf appearance two years ago before losing to SA) but can't get over the hump.

2009 was a back breaker of a draft.

Drafted: Thabeet

Could have had: Harden, Evans, Rubio, or Curry

Lol i totally forgot that, THERE is the SG.

Conley, Harden, Gay, Love, Marc.

not 1 not 2 not.............:D

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2014, 01:15 AM
3-peat

dannyy08
07-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Think of it.

They do not trade Love for Mayo.

Means they dont trade for Zbo and isntead do the same trade for a similar talent SG.

Conley, Similar to Zbo talent Sg, Gay, Love, Marc Gasol.

Discuss.

Why do u always end your message with "discuss" after each time u create a thread???

What else are we suppose to do?!?

It's so annoying.

Sactown
07-27-2014, 01:52 AM
Absolutely not

slaker619
07-27-2014, 02:07 AM
I see them as serious contenders, but always fallout in WCF or Pacers type flow

dalton749
07-27-2014, 02:10 AM
Why do u always end your message with "discuss" after each time u create a thread???

What else are we suppose to do?!?

It's so annoying.

HAHAHA this dude be like, no way nahbody tells this ***** what to do

MonroeFAN
07-27-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not overly convinced that Love > zbo

king4day
07-27-2014, 11:41 AM
I think Randolph is a better player than Love and fits Memphis better. Both are excellent offensive rebounders too. Randolph the better inside player, Love the better shooter.
I think they're worse with Love.

Red_Pill
07-27-2014, 12:39 PM
I think Randolph is a better player than Love and fits Memphis better. Both are excellent offensive rebounders too. Randolph the better inside player, Love the better shooter.

They're worse with a guy would give them 26/12? Zbo at his best couldn't do that. Not to mention the Grizzlies problem is scoring. Love would be the perfect fit for that team. He spaces the floor, making it easier for guys like Conley to drive and kick or for Marc Gasol to do his thing in the low post. Plus, he would thrive next to a defensive center in Marc.

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2014, 12:53 PM
lack of shooting is what has killed their team...

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Lets see Love win some games and make the playoffs first. I am not convinced he is more than an enhanced version of 2009 David Lee yet.

Meth
07-27-2014, 03:28 PM
The team would have performed better with Gay Love.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Lets see Love win some games and make the playoffs first. I am not convinced he is more than an enhanced version of 2009 David Lee yet.

You mean, pretty much what Z-Bo was before hooking up with Memphis?

Z-Bo never put up these sort of numbers on **** teams, in fact, wasn't he a total screwloose in NYK?

More enhanced version of Lee is better than Z-Bo IMO.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2014, 03:57 PM

Z-Bo never put up these sort of numbers on **** teams, in fact, wasn't he a total screwloose in NYK?

Lee is in fact better tan ZBo enhancements or not.

valade16
07-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Also with the Blazers while he did put up #'s many of them were empty stats.

Love > ZBo. He would have been perfect for that team.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:26 PM

I didn't mean they wouldn't be better, I meant to infer that I doubt they would have won a title. I need to see him win some games before I anoint him a first tier superstar that turns a 50 win 2nd tier team into a champion.

I hated ZBo in NY, but I think he was a victim of a toxic situation more than anything. I respect his game, he is a competitor and plays with intensity and a chip on his shoulder. I respect that about him.

Chronz
07-27-2014, 05:33 PM
I hated ZBo in NY, but I think he was a victim of a toxic situation more than anything. I respect his game, he is a competitor and plays with intensity and a chip on his shoulder. I respect that about him.

I know what you mean, I saw him live several times during his sole run with us. I underestimated just how often he got double teamed, he wasn't a particularly great passer but he was a willing passer and would hope he made the right pass when he did. I grew to respect his game for the simple fact that he garnered so much defensive attention. In the 80's or 90's, he would have been a more effective player albeit less appreciated because there were so many better bigs.

Sandman
07-28-2014, 02:35 AM

to be honest, an enhanced version of 09 David Lee is pretty damn good

and a big difference is that Love hits the 3 with a hand in his face and grabs contested boards. David Lee gets shut down by a lot less than Kevin Love.

Sadds The Gr8
07-28-2014, 03:10 AM

Was just gonna reply to him with what you said.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-28-2014, 03:28 PM
What was the Grizzlies roster before the Mayo/Love draft? Also what did the Grizzlies give up for ZBO? I thought Knicks did a salary dump to get out of the luxury tax? I know the Bucks could of got ZBO from the Knicks for only Bobby Simmons,Gadzurich,Charlie Bell for Zbo and Balkman. But Bucks owner vetoed the Bucks GM trade. Knicks wanted that deal.

NBA_Starter
07-28-2014, 10:53 PM
They would have certainly been in the conversation but winning a title is hard.

MrfadeawayJB
07-29-2014, 03:42 PM
What was the Grizzlies roster before the Mayo/Love draft? Also what did the Grizzlies give up for ZBO? I thought Knicks did a salary dump to get out of the luxury tax? I know the Bucks could of got ZBO from the Knicks for only Bobby Simmons,Gadzurich,Charlie Bell for Zbo and Balkman. But Bucks owner vetoed the Bucks GM trade. Knicks wanted that deal.

Not sure what the roster looked like but the grizz gave up the expiring contract of Quentin Richardson for Randolph

True Sports Fan
07-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Conley - Harden - Gay - Love - Gasol

Hmm. Would win you a championship on 2k at least.