PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony "I don't care for the money I want to win and NY is almost there"

Pages : [1] 2

MetroMan
07-25-2014, 12:53 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11263468

LAS VEGAS --*Carmelo Anthony*said it was not the money, but instead his confidence in Phil Jackson and his belief that the Knicks "aren't that far away from contending for an NBA title" why he opted to remain in New York instead of signing with the*Chicago Bulls.

"I want to win. I don't care about the money," Anthony told ESPN.com. "I believe Phil will do what he has to do to take care of that."

"I don't think we're that far away," he added. "People use 'rebuilding' too loosely."

Jim McIsaac/Getty ImagesThe Knicks' assurances that the team will win has Carmelo Anthony feeling good about his decision to return to New York.

In what were believed to be Anthony's first public comments since agreeing to a 5-year deal worth $124 million earlier this month, he told ESPN.com that the decision was so agonizing in the final days that he could not watch TV or go onto the Internet.

"It was overwhelming," Anthony said. "It was stressful in the final days, one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make."

Anthony said, though, it ultimately came down to New York and Chicago.

"I was flip-flopping," he admitted. "It was hard. It was Chicago, but then after I met with LA, it was LA. But it came back to Chicago -- and was pretty much always Chicago or New York. That's a situation where I could have walked in now to an opportunity to compete for the next however many years."

But the 30-year-old Anthony said he is invigorated to work with a new team president in Phil Jackson and a new coach in Derek Fisher.

"It's a matter of me believing in the organization, believing in Phil," Anthony said. "I wanted to go somewhere where I can end my career

jaydubb
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
:laugh2:

goingfor28
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
He's delusional

DR_1
07-25-2014, 12:55 PM
:facepalm:

Ya O.K. Melo :laugh:

Confusious
07-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Is he intentionally trying to be Pinocchio so his wife can get pleasure when she sits on his face?

Gibby23
07-25-2014, 12:59 PM
This guy just wasted all of his prime years that he has left.

beasted86
07-25-2014, 01:05 PM
If you take his words literally, he didn't say win championships, just simply win. Knicks were almost there as in 5 games under .500.

FlashBolt
07-25-2014, 01:07 PM
If he truly wanted to win.. should've considered going to Bulls. But he's not wrong in what he said. NYK will have a lot to play with next season. Definitely was for the money... lol

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2014, 01:08 PM
:facepalm: why didn't he sign with the Lakers

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Is he intentionally trying to be Pinocchio so his wife can get pleasure when she sits on his face?

lmaoo

Gibby23
07-25-2014, 01:09 PM
So they might have a chance when he is 32? He is going down as one of the biggest losers of his era. Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, and Kobe (All guys I consider in Melo’s era) have all won. KD is still up and coming with a better chance and has been to the Finals. Lebron isn’t done yet and is being very smart about his choices. Im a Laker fan, but Melo could have went to Houston and had a chance at a ring this year.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2014, 01:13 PM
If he didn't care about the money, he would have taken a ton less so his team could get help.

I mean, I have zero issue with a guy taking as much as he can get, but then don't turn around and say this crap...

Minimal
07-25-2014, 01:16 PM
there is nothing bad about taking the money over championships, its just when you are taking huge money, you are not helping the team to win, melo should just shut up, get money and play

loyalChiTownFan
07-25-2014, 01:19 PM
:bla: :bs: :laugh:

mudvayne387
07-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Blah Blah Blah, Keep hating on the Knicks, its what you leeches on PSD do best.

They finally have an offensive system, young talent, and ample cap space. Please tell me how they are going in the wrong direction. Add someone like Marc Gasol and bring in a few defensive stoppers and you have a team that can compete for the East.

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 01:20 PM
wow. he should just admit that 1. it IS about the money and 2. lala wanted to stay in NYC and he's whipped.

kingsdelez24
07-25-2014, 01:21 PM
I find it funny how he DOESN'T mention Houston in the interview

THE MTL
07-25-2014, 01:29 PM
He gave back 5 million dollars....literally a 4% discount. Thats not much. I know real workers who have taken a 15% paycut for a better quality of life. And they make pennies compared to what Melo makes.

But with the new TV deal on the horizon I dnt think Melo's contract will be a cap killer at all.

2-ONE-5
07-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Melo must have grabbed the wrong quote, this was the one he prepared had he gone to the Bulls.

PhillyFaninLA
07-25-2014, 01:39 PM
I suspect Houston and Chicago would disagree with your words

IKnowHoops
07-25-2014, 01:41 PM

They finally have an offensive system, young talent, and ample cap space. Please tell me how they are going in the wrong direction. Add someone like Marc Gasol and bring in a few defensive stoppers and you have a team that can compete for the East.

I love the hope that lies within all homers and many fans.

Big Zo
07-25-2014, 01:42 PM

DA KNICKS ARE BACK!!! Lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-25-2014, 01:45 PM
:facepalm:

Ya O.K. Melo :laugh:

Lol . Ya sureeeeee melo haha

goingfor28
07-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Loool that was good

colinskik
07-25-2014, 01:55 PM
I love the hope that lies within all homers and many fans.

That's what being a fan is all about.

Burkey3472
07-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Why would Melo even say that when it was clear he went back for the money. If he didn't care about the money he would have either A) went to Chicago or B) taken more of a paycut to help the Knicks bring in better talent in 2015. He could have easily said "I believe in the direction of this organization and Phil Jackson", that's it.

Max.This
07-25-2014, 01:56 PM
DA KNICKS ARE BACK!!! Lol

#3PEAT, #three-peat , #trademark

YAALREADYKNO
07-25-2014, 02:00 PM
he stayed in NY for the money but the knicks will be a player in free agency next yr so i kinda see where he's coming from. They still got talent on that team and i expect them to make the playoffs next yr and a 6-8 seed in the east

*Superman*
07-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Come on guys, it's not about the money, that's why he took a $6 million pay cut!

PhillyFaninLA
07-25-2014, 02:15 PM
he stayed in NY for the money but the knicks will be a player in free agency next yr so i kinda see where he's coming from. They still got talent on that team and i expect them to make the playoffs next yr and a 6-8 seed in the east

Exactly what you posted at the end is why the Sixers are going to win a combined 30 games over last and this coming season and will be much better off for.

The Knicks will make the playoffs and maybe they even still a round, but they are stuck in that pretty good realm even with a nice free agent next year.

latinofire21
07-25-2014, 02:17 PM
I think all the trolls are taking melos quote too literally. Everyone is saying that melo came back to ny for the money and that was it. Hes clearly saying it wasn't for the money and he likes his chances with phil at the helm.

His 5 percent pay cut was all for next year to sign another max guy and get a decent third option.

Many of the free agents took short deals with a player option at the end of the season to be free agents next season when knicks have cap.

Im not saying lebron is coming to ny so dont start bringing that up but I can definitely see the gasol brothers coming to ny next season.

Id also like to add that chicago is great on paper and that's about it. Carmelo is about to end an era eith a second fiddle who's injury plagued. He wasn't about to do it again with rose.

I think he made the right choice. He can pick next season who he wants to recruit instead of trying to fit into someone else's system.

DoMeFavors
07-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Sammy D as your center is going to be tough to win a title. Also Bad defenders like Jose,Amare,Bargnani you need a top 3 offense.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2014, 02:19 PM
In the end it was his best choice for a ring. A year from now the NBA landscape will be vastly different.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2014, 02:20 PM
If all we look to is the negative past we make ourselves blind to a promising future.

InRoseWeTrust
07-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Ahahahahhahaahaahahahahahhahhahah x infinity.

InRoseWeTrust
07-25-2014, 02:22 PM
In the end it was his best choice for a ring. A year from now the NBA landscape will be vastly different.

You can't honestly believe that. I mean....really? Seriously?

InRoseWeTrust
07-25-2014, 02:23 PM
I think all the trolls are taking melos quote too literally. Everyone is saying that melo came back to ny for the money and that was it. Hes clearly saying it wasn't for the money and he likes his chances with phil at the helm.

His 5 percent pay cut was all for next year to sign another max guy and get a decent third option.

Many of the free agents took short deals with a player option at the end of the season to be free agents next season when knicks have cap.

Im not saying lebron is coming to ny so dont start bringing that up but I can definitely see the gasol brothers coming to ny next season.

Id also like to add that chicago is great on paper and that's about it. Carmelo is about to end an era eith a second fiddle who's injury plagued. He wasn't about to do it again with rose.

I think he made the right choice. He can pick next season who he wants to recruit instead of trying to fit into someone else's system.

Pau going to magically get out of his contract?

latinofire21
07-25-2014, 02:24 PM
He has a player option after the first year.

MTar786
07-25-2014, 02:26 PM
So they might have a chance when he is 32? He is going down as one of the biggest losers of his era. Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, and Kobe (All guys I consider in Melo’s era) have all won. KD is still up and coming with a better chance and has been to the Finals. Lebron isn’t done yet and is being very smart about his choices. Im a Laker fan, but Melo could have went to Houston and had a chance at a ring this year.

lol infact kobe and duncan are from a generation before him and yet they're still winning during his own gen.
melo signing with the knicks basically solidified the fact that he will never win a ring unless he gets it the gary payton way

InRoseWeTrust
07-25-2014, 02:34 PM
He has a player option after the first year.

No he doesn't.

Chronz
07-25-2014, 02:36 PM
LMFAO. Does anyone truly buy this ****? About as phony as you can get, I would expect better from Melo.

OldSchoolBulls1
07-25-2014, 02:41 PM
:speechless:Pssst! Say Melo? ReallY? Come on bruh?! sounds like a married man who had to choose what his wife wanted excuse. should have kept your mouth shut ,or at least said I love my NY home and wanted to stay. Being on the Bulls or even Houston would have got you a ring man. More so the Bulls because of Thibs.
Now you'll be another hall of fame sensation with no ring. In the Naismith hall it will read Carmelo Anthony a great player and also known as Patrick Ewing. 2.0. Oh well, at least you got paid even though it wasn't about the money. Big SMH!!

Big Zo
07-25-2014, 02:44 PM
#3PEAT, #three-peat , #trademark

#1973, #FireExtinguisher, #Linsanity!

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-25-2014, 02:50 PM

::laugh::

monzternipz12
07-25-2014, 02:53 PM
I love some of these NY fans.

mudvayne387
07-25-2014, 03:02 PM
::laugh::

Seriously, what have the Bulls ever accomplished without Michael Jordan ? If he didn't fall into your lap then you would be in the exact same boat as the Knicks. No really, enlighten me while you explain how the Bulls with a porcelain doll Derrick Rose will compete for a title this year. I guarantee you that Rose does not play more than 60 games next season and the Bulls don't make it past the 2nd round.

bleedprple&gold
07-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I want to know if Melo actually said that with a straight face. I know I couldn't have.

astonmartin10
07-25-2014, 03:12 PM
There's being a fan of a team and being delusional. Knicks are nowhere near winning. Melo will not win in NYC.

Phil has started well and shows sign of building this team right. Unfortunately they are strapped with contracts for at least one more season and have no picks for quite some time. I have faith in Phil that he can turn this team around.

benzni
07-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Who is Melo kidding. The correct answers could be.

"I did it for the money"
"I want to win one for NY"

Either answer would be true. But who is he kidding... The Knicks are not close to a championship, especially when you compare them to the Bulls. Good lord.

colinskik
07-25-2014, 03:28 PM
There's being a fan of a team and being delusional. Knicks are nowhere near winning. Melo will not win in NYC.

Phil has started well and shows sign of building this team right. Unfortunately they are strapped with contracts for at least one more season and have no picks for quite some time. I have faith in Phil that he can turn this team around.

So what are you saying then? Knicks are nowhere near winning or Phil will turn this team around?

Everyone who bashes the Knicks should at least wait until they see what a Phil-run franchise looks like. He's already made some great moves in both personnel and culture. Let's see how it manifests itself on the court.

Blitzace137
07-25-2014, 03:30 PM
lol Melo is a walking contradiction every time he tries to speak his mind.

D-Leethal
07-25-2014, 03:32 PM

We own our first rounder in 2015 and in 2017. Considering we snagged a guy who by all accounts is first round talent this year + traded for the 18th pick who was top rated PG of last years draft (at the time) + drafted an all rookie first teamer last year with our own pick + owning our pick next year + owning our pick in 2017, I think the Knicks "pick situation" is way overblown. We are not the Nets in that regard. We have a nucleus of youth and we have more coming in the next few years.

Sadds The Gr8
07-25-2014, 03:39 PM
If he didn't care about the money, he would have taken a ton less so his team could get help.

I mean, I have zero issue with a guy taking as much as he can get, but then don't turn around and say this crap...
this

DoMeFavors
07-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Phil has no experience as a President and his GM Steve Mills is horrible, then you have a rookie head coach. Its not a good situation. Melo is not close to a championship and is soon to be out of his prime.

mudvayne387
07-25-2014, 03:40 PM
We own our first rounder in 2015 and in 2017. Considering we snagged a guy who by all accounts is first round talent this year + traded for the 18th pick who was top rated PG of last years draft (at the time) + drafted an all rookie first teamer last year with our own pick + owning our pick next year + owning our pick in 2017, I think the Knicks "pick situation" is way overblown. We are not the Nets in that regard. We have a nucleus of youth and we have more coming in the next few years.

Don't bother reasoning with these people. People love to hate on the Knicks no matter what the circumstances. They will make the playoffs this year as a 4-6th seed and still people will poke fun. They will land another big time free agent next off season, draft a solid player, and Fischer will win coach of the year and still people will say they suck.

D-Leethal
07-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Don't bother reasoning with these people. People love to hate on the Knicks no matter what the circumstances. They will make the playoffs this year as a 4-6th seed and still people will poke fun. They will land another big time free agent next off season, draft a solid player, and Fischer will win coach of the year and still people will say they suck.

Its not just the Knicks. Its "little brother syndrome" against all things New York.

elledaddy
07-25-2014, 03:47 PM
So Pau Gasol passed on playing in SA( who just won the chip)
So Pau Gasol passed on playing in OKC( who just lost the chip a couple years ago)
So Pau Gasol signs to play in Chicago( who won 1 playoff game last year but offered him more money then the other two locations)
So Pau Gasol says " Money had NOTHING" to do with the signing, its all about having the best chance at winning.
So NOBODY even brings it up.

If the Knicks WOULD have lost in the 1st rd last year, everybody would have said " Knicks and Melo are still trash, they couldnt get out the 1st round"
But somehow even though last year both Houston and Chicago both lost in the first rd, they are Championship contenders.

1. NYK miss playoffs last year = wont be any good for the next 5 yrs
2. Chi wins one game in playoffs last year= Championship contender
3. Hou wins two playoff games last year = Championship contender
Sounds bout right

PS..... Whats a better bet for next season, Knicks make playoffs or Chicago/Houston wins the ring?

jimm120
07-25-2014, 03:47 PM
People can talk about the money and all that, but Bosh is earning 5/118. Dwight would have been around there too if he stayed with the lakers.

End of the day, he likes the Knicks. He was a knick fan. He wanted to come to ny.

As the article said, it was always going to be Knicks and what other option.

Do you guys seriously expect every star player to move on from his team because they aren't at the top of the food chain?

Guess we can kiss al of the players from Portland, Suns, Dallas, etc to move on..cause their just playoff teams, not contenders.

DarkKnight
07-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Phil has no experience as a President and his GM Steve Mills is horrible, then you have a rookie head coach. Its not a good situation. Melo is not close to a championship and is soon to be out of his prime.

Blah blah blah, all you do is talk nonsense. You say Melo is not close to a championship and soon to be out of his prime . Who the hell is in your sig and what trophy is he bringing :laugh: wobbly ankles isn't winning anything

rockets-fan
07-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Knicks will not win a title for the next 6 years

elledaddy
07-25-2014, 03:57 PM

Probably not, will the Rockets?

bucketss
07-25-2014, 03:57 PM
dude is overpaid but i bet he thinks he took a paycut.

Blitzace137
07-25-2014, 03:59 PM
So Pau Gasol passed on playing in SA( who just won the chip)
So Pau Gasol passed on playing in OKC( who just lost the chip a couple years ago)
So Pau Gasol signs to play in Chicago( who won 1 playoff game last year but offered him more money then the other two locations)
So Pau Gasol says " Money had NOTHING" to do with the signing, its all about having the best chance at winning.
So NOBODY even brings it up.

If the Knicks WOULD have lost in the 1st rd last year, everybody would have said " Knicks and Melo are still trash, they couldnt get out the 1st round"
But somehow even though last year both Houston and Chicago both lost in the first rd, they are Championship contenders.

1. NYK miss playoffs last year = wont be any good for the next 5 yrs
2. Chi wins one game in playoffs last year= Championship contender
3. Hou wins two playoff games last year = Championship contender
Sounds bout right

PS..... Whats a better bet for next season, Knicks make playoffs or Chicago/Houston wins the ring?

Lakers offered Pau 10 million per, Pau left 6 million dollars on the table over a two year span opposed to Melo who left 6 million on the table over a 5 year span.

Edit: Melo left 5 million on the table not even 6.

YAALREADYKNO
07-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Exactly what you posted at the end is why the Sixers are going to win a combined 30 games over last and this coming season and will be much better off for.

The Knicks will make the playoffs and maybe they even still a round, but they are stuck in that pretty good realm even with a nice free agent next year.

the knicks are in a better position right now than the 76ers tho

DarkKnight
07-25-2014, 04:00 PM

Ok :laugh: well since you can't beat Portland , neither will the Rockets

Blitzace137
07-25-2014, 04:03 PM
People can talk about the money and all that, but Bosh is earning 5/118. Dwight would have been around there too if he stayed with the lakers.

End of the day, he likes the Knicks. He was a knick fan. He wanted to come to ny.

As the article said, it was always going to be Knicks and what other option.

Do you guys seriously expect every star player to move on from his team because they aren't at the top of the food chain?

Guess we can kiss al of the players from Portland, Suns, Dallas, etc to move on..cause their just playoff teams, not contenders.

Your statement about Dwight makes no sense because he did leave the Lakers and money on the table. Bosh had a competing offer from Houston, Miami was forced to offer 5/118. Melo might have left if Chicago could get closer to the money NY was offering him imo.

DoMeFavors
07-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Blah blah blah, all you do is talk nonsense. You say Melo is not close to a championship and soon to be out of his prime . Who the hell is in your sig and what trophy is he bringing :laugh: wobbly ankles isn't winning anything

Dude come on this is about Melo not anyone else

Blitzace137
07-25-2014, 04:10 PM

But it's hard not to comment on your sig lol, what trophy is Deron bringing home?

DarkKnight
07-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Ok, so what trophy is Deron bringing home :laugh2: just curious, if Melo is past his prime and whatever else you said

funkybudda
07-25-2014, 04:28 PM
If he truly wanted to win.. should've considered going to Bulls. But he's not wrong in what he said. NYK will have a lot to play with next season. Definitely was for the money... lol

he just want wins, not necessarily winning championship. Nothing to see here, just another good player that will never get a ring, he ruined his own legacy.

DoMeFavors
07-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Ok, so what trophy is Deron bringing home :laugh2: just curious, if Melo is past his prime and whatever else you said

The Larry Obrien Trophy

MassoDio
07-25-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't have any problem with Melo taking the money and staying in New York. It is what I expected all along. That is a LOT of money to leave on the table.

I also believe Melo feels good about Phil's "plan".

I also believe that he LOVES New York and the Knicks.

I have no ill will towards him, and I am probably one of the few non-Knick fans who loves Melo's game. (Though I do readily admit that he is inefficient. I just love watching him play. I actually own an Orange Knicks Melo jersey even though I am a staunch Bulls fan.

All that being said, he isn't fooling anyone with the "I don't care about the money" comment, and it should have never left his mouth. It does nothing positive for him. It makes him look like an outright liar. He should have kept it simple and just said, I believe in Phil and I love the Knicks.

I don't think Melo is a bad guy at all. He just needs to be honest about the fact that the money was a HUGE factor in his final decision. Honesty plays better with rational fans than the comments players make to make to try to make themselves look better. Those comments never work. Simply put, fans (most fans, there are some really ignorant ones out there) are smarter than the players and their public relations people give them credit for being.

Just own up to your decision and why you made it.

Dade County
07-25-2014, 04:42 PM

Yeah he should have went to the HEAT (for the 15mil he would have had to sign for if he chose Chicago) if he wanted to win.

We all know that Melo is lying lol

Chi StateOfMind
07-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Honestly put aside me being a Bulls fan because im not a homer like some Bulls fans are. But if you can't sit here and say money wasnt a HUGE factor then you need to slap yourself. I have no problem with him taking the money bc it was a lot of it but don't come out and say you want to WIN. If that was the case Chicago would of been your choice seeing how it was only Ny or Chicago. Its not me loving the Bulls, its Melo saying he wants to win so we had the best shot to win if he came here.

Not to start **** but why is every Knick fan or Bulls hater use the what have the Bulls done lately stuff. Weve had our "Melo" hurt for the past two years and still manage to achieve a lot. I dont know what everyone else is sayin but we got the four seed with literally ZERO offense. All im saying is with the team we have constructed now we have a great chance to do something especially with there Heat blowing up the big three.

bucketss
07-25-2014, 04:48 PM
The Larry Obrien Trophy

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11oneoneone!!!!!!!!!11111111

c'mon bro.

Chi StateOfMind
07-25-2014, 04:49 PM
It just makes Melo look like a big BS'er when he says that. Just stick with the I believe in Phil and wanted to stay a Knick. And in all honesty, whether Knick fans wanna agree to disagree, I don't think the Knicks will do anything in next few years. You guys are banking on Marc Gasol to come or sign FA's but there are no big ones to sign. I truly think Melo will regret his decision and fully expect him to start comaining when the losing continues. Sorry just my opinion.

numba1CHANGsta
07-25-2014, 05:07 PM
If he truly didn't care for the money he would have signed with CHI, lol

To be honest, I think his wife told him to take the most money, if it were Melo's true decision, he would have went to CHI

DarkKnight
07-25-2014, 05:18 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11oneoneone!!!!!!!!!11111111

c'mon bro.

He's like comedy relief :laugh2:

DarkKnight
07-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Chicago has a good team, not a great team. So I don't know what's all the hype .rose who I hope is healthy has played 45 games in 2 years

slashsnake
07-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Chicago has a good team, not a great team. So I don't know what's all the hype .rose who I hope is healthy has played 45 games in 2 years

Not a perfect situation for sure. But without Rose and Melo they've won more games than NY in that time. They aren't great, but NY without Melo is awful.

Both sides have hope. I think Melo's wife is a big reason he stayed there. Hope Phil can work things out. Hope the market is a draw for free agents. Hope things turn around. But from a pure winning standpoint, even with the question of Rose, Chi looks better to me.

elledaddy
07-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Lakers offered Pau 10 million per, Pau left 6 million dollars on the table over a two year span opposed to Melo who left 6 million on the table over a 5 year span.

I left off LAL because he had absolutely no interest in signing back there regardless of money unless Melo or LBJ came there also. It wasn't a real option

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 05:56 PM
:laugh: melo need to just shut up

but :clap: keep the hate coming knicks will be a top 4 seed in the east this year :speechless:

torocan
07-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Just stop Melo. Just... stop.

:laugh:

P&GRealist
07-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Stephen A has gone out on the record in saying that the #1 thing that Melo loves is his $$$$$.

Blitzace137
07-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I left off LAL because he had absolutely no interest in signing back there regardless of money unless Melo or LBJ came there also. It wasn't a real option

That doesn't change the fact that Pau left 6 million on the table, there situations aren't comparable. It's not like Pau went to a fringe playoff team. The Bulls if healthy are legit title contenders. Saying they won one game last year in the playoffs doesn't mean much since they've added multiple pieces in Mirotic, Gasol, McDermott and you can say Rose. It's not the same team from last season where Butler was their best offensive player. Choosing the Bulls over OKC made a lot of sense since the Thunders play in a tough western conference and they had only the MLE to offer Pau.

Nikeman
07-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Chris Herring @HerringWSJ 2 minutes ago
The Knicks recently offered Stoudemire, Hardaway and Shumpert for Kevin Love, according to a source online.wsj.com/articles/sourc…

Interesting. With Stoudemire's expiring, Wolves get flexibility, and with his 23 million expiring deal, it allows the Knicks to take on any contract the Wolves want.

Zen master at it again

JLynn943
07-25-2014, 07:33 PM
The Knicks recently offered Stoudemire, Hardaway and Shumpert for Kevin Love, according to a source online.wsj.com/articles/sourc…

Interesting. With Stoudemire's expiring, Wolves get flexibility, and with his 23 million expiring deal, it allows the Knicks to take on any contract the Wolves want.

Zen master at it again

Horrible trade for the Wolves. Why would they want cap space for next year when they can get actual talent and/or great prospects now without the risk of striking out and ending up with nobody? It's not like Minnesota is a major free agent destination...

JLynn943
07-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Broussard: Melo had his fingers crossed and/or said "jk" under his breath after saying this

chitownbulls
07-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Seriously, what have the Bulls ever accomplished without Michael Jordan ? If he didn't fall into your lap then you would be in the exact same boat as the Knicks. No really, enlighten me while you explain how the Bulls with a porcelain doll Derrick Rose will compete for a title this year. I guarantee you that Rose does not play more than 60 games next season and the Bulls don't make it past the 2nd round.

What? Have you even seen the Knicks the last 15 years?

TurboDEEZsmoke
07-25-2014, 07:40 PM
:laugh: melo need to just shut up

but :clap: keep the hate coming knicks will be a top 4 seed in the east this year :speechless:

R u drunk mate?

mike_noodles
07-25-2014, 07:41 PM
If you take his words literally, he didn't say win championships, just simply win. Knicks were almost there as in 5 games under .500.

He said title. You have to assume he means championships no?

ohreally
07-25-2014, 07:43 PM

Zen master at it again

Yeah, how could the Wolves not go for that? TH Jr and Shump? Cavs, Chicago, GS can't compete with that.

But really, it does show that Phil knows his young talent more than his fan base does. And I guess that's a positive.

mike_noodles
07-25-2014, 07:50 PM

Zen master at it again

At what again? He hasn't done anything yet of any significance in the front office yet. Besides that, Love and Melo aren't a great fit. Sure they would have the talent to make the playoffs, maybe even get through a couple of rounds, but they wouldn't be championship material together, unless you're bringing in the best defensive players at the other three spots.

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 08:09 PM
R u drunk mate?

top 4 book it:clap:

blahblahyoutoo
07-25-2014, 08:12 PM
He gave back 5 million dollars....literally a 4% discount. Thats not much. I know real workers who have taken a 15% paycut for a better quality of life. And they make pennies compared to what Melo makes.

But with the new TV deal on the horizon I dnt think Melo's contract will be a cap killer at all.

dude, that's the hometown discount... for a guy that grew up in baltimore.

SILVER SEAVER
07-25-2014, 08:17 PM
While we're at it I got beach front property in Arizona for ya. Never about the money but wanted max player money.......yeah whatever buddy. It was Chicago who gave me the ideal chance to win but when I saw the MONEY they offered I had to pass. You see this is why most of us fans crucify these dumb players when it comes to their idiotic comments on money. Just say the Knicks money was too good to pass up and you want to take a chance and see what Phil can do but please for the love of God stop saying it's not about the money when it's obvious to everyone that it is.

blahblahyoutoo
07-25-2014, 08:18 PM

honest question for knicks fans.
1. do you really think melo didn't do it for the money first and foremost?
2. do you really think his best shot at winning a championship was with the knicks?

SILVER SEAVER
07-25-2014, 08:22 PM
What person believes they are close? Sure money is coming off the books but you have to find people who actually want to play there first on their own free will not via trade and it doesn't seem like that's been the case mainly because the owner is a complete tool and runs good basketball minds out of town just like he will do with Phil......it's just a matter of time before he decides to stick his nose in Phil's way and piss him off.

blahblahyoutoo
07-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Chicago went to the playoffs with no rose, no offensive weapon, losing deng.
What did NY do with a healthy melo? What kind of a team are the knicks?

blahblahyoutoo
07-25-2014, 08:26 PM
top 4 book it:clap:

sig bet + self ban bet?

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 08:28 PM
dude, that's the hometown discount... for a guy that grew up in baltimore.

lmao he left Brooklyn at age 7 and Baltimore isn't far from Brooklyn he use to go back as he still has a ton of fam in the pjs he was born at nice try tho:D

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 08:30 PM
honest question for knicks fans.
1. do you really think melo didn't do it for the money first and foremost?
2. do you really think his best shot at winning a championship was with the knicks?

better question for heat fans how does it feel to lose lbj:speechless:

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Chicago went to the playoffs with no rose, no offensive weapon, losing deng.
What did NY do with a healthy melo? What kind of a team are the knicks?

we kinda won 54 games and went to the 2nd rd but besides that melo's a scrub I guess:facepalm:

monzternipz12
07-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Better chances? Rose staying healthy for 2 yrs or Knicks grab top 3 seed in 2 yrs?

seikou8
07-25-2014, 08:43 PM
so many salty fans its crazy damn we get it the knicks never win and melo sucks he chose the money blah blah blah for team that has not won anything we sure get a lot of attention because we look at bright side we are called clueless or homers. i feel the knicks have probably their most stable front office and coach in years.this year we are low seed first exit but with cap next summer that can change. this chicago hype need to stop there starting to overrated fast.

JNA17
07-25-2014, 08:49 PM

You win today.

Big Zo
07-25-2014, 09:06 PM
so many salty fans its crazy damn we get it the knicks never win and melo sucks he chose the money blah blah blah for team that has not won anything we sure get a lot of attention because we look at bright side we are called clueless or homers. i feel the knicks have probably their most stable front office and coach in years.this year we are low seed first exit but with cap next summer that can change. this chicago hype need to stop there starting to overrated fast.

Nah. The problem is that Knick fans are just THAT annoying, and still talk **** like their team has done anything in the last 4+ decades.

blahblahyoutoo
07-25-2014, 09:23 PM
lmao he left Brooklyn at age 7 and Baltimore isn't far from Brooklyn he use to go back as he still has a ton of fam in the pjs he was born at nice try tho:D

how many memories do you have of ages 0-7? how many friends do you still have from those years?
did he even play ball in brooklyn?

yeah, i'm sure his well-off family took plenty of road trips and vacations just to go visit the former ghetto he was raised in... because they were reminiscing about the good times.

ohreally
07-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Nobody ever accused Melo of being smart.

NBA_Starter
07-25-2014, 10:08 PM
PJ has brainwashed Melo. :speechless:

Pierzynski4Prez
07-25-2014, 10:15 PM

Nah. The problem is that Knick fans are just THAT annoying, and still talk **** like their team has done anything in the last 4+ decades.

This

Oh but wait, that one year they won 54 games and made it out of the first round. You know, a feat that 8 teams basically accomplish every year.

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 10:45 PM
how many memories do you have of ages 0-7? how many friends do you still have from those years?
did he even play ball in brooklyn?

yeah, i'm sure his well-off family took plenty of road trips and vacations just to go visit the former ghetto he was raised in... because they were reminiscing about the good times.

lmao if that's where you were born there you have a ton of memories and ther is a china bus that you could catch for like 40 bucks that could take you from bmore to bk

you don't sound hood so im going to ignore your blatant racist remarks but Brooklyn is actually a great place believe it or not

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 10:46 PM
This

Oh but wait, that one year they won 54 games and made it out of the first round. You know, a feat that 8 teams basically accomplish every year.

the same feature your beloved bulls can't get pass:laugh2:

NBA_Starter
07-25-2014, 10:50 PM
They are not that far away if the Wolves take that trade for Love.:speechless:

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 10:50 PM

that's nice bro well have fun sucking for the next decade bcuz lbj left your wack *** team the knicks will finish ahead of mia this year:cheers:

DoMeFavors
07-25-2014, 10:53 PM
that's nice bro well have fun sucking for the next decade bcuz lbj left your wack *** team the knicks will finish ahead of mia this year:cheers:

it used to annoy me how Knicks fans acted , but now I have come to see their passion.

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 10:58 PM
it used to annoy me how Knicks fans acted , but now I have come to see their passion.

:laugh:wat

NBA_Starter
07-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Part of me is glad Melo is giving Phil a chance.

east fb knicks
07-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Part of me is glad Melo is giving Phil a chance.

lets be real he gave his money a chance and as much bs as melo has been thru here in ny he deserved to get paid but I kinda lost a little respect for dude why lie:confused:

Pierzynski4Prez
07-25-2014, 11:41 PM
This

the same feature your beloved bulls can't get pass:laugh2:

Except that's a down year for us that we are not happy about. Not our best year over the last 15 years that we make sure everybody knows about at all times.

blahblahyoutoo
07-26-2014, 12:20 AM
lmao if that's where you were born there you have a ton of memories and ther is a china bus that you could catch for like 40 bucks that could take you from bmore to bk

you don't sound hood so im going to ignore your blatant racist remarks but Brooklyn is actually a great place believe it or not

how am i being racist?
he lived in the projects in the hood, hence you can deduce that his family wasn't well off.
and that area of brooklyn is a ****hole, esp in the 80s before the surrounding areas became gentrified, which slightly improved conditions. axe me how I know.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 12:25 AM
how am i being racist?
he lived in the projects in the hood, hence you can deduce that his family wasn't well off.
and that area of brooklyn is a ****hole, esp in the 80s before the surrounding areas became gentrified, which slightly improved conditions. axe me how I know.

idk man:facepalm:

Big Zo
07-26-2014, 01:20 AM

You just keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. You know Pat Riley will build this team into a contender again before the Knicks make it into the second round again.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 01:27 AM
You just keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. You know Pat Riley will build this team into a contender again before the Knicks make it into the second round again.

:laugh: im sure wades knees will hold up and bosh is going to become a super star or maybe shabazz is the next cp3

Big Zo
07-26-2014, 01:42 AM
:laugh: im sure wades knees will hold up and bosh is going to become a super star or maybe shabazz is the next cp3

All those scenarios are more plausible than the Knicks seeing the second round anywhere in the near future.

cssdmark
07-26-2014, 01:44 AM
I believe him and he will win in NYC. Last time I checked San Antonio won the championship this past year, no one else and San Antonio was not trying to sign Melo. Everyone else in the NBA were also rans and the teams that wanted to sign Erik did not make the playoffs or was eliminated in the first round so they could not promise a championship this upcoming year just like the Knicks cannot. Finally the common denominator with the a Bulls and Lakers last championship runs was a Phil a Jackson and he I'd now in NYC and Chicago and LA have not won since.

cssdmark
07-26-2014, 01:48 AM
You just keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. You know Pat Riley will build this team into a contender again before the Knicks make it into the second round again.. No he won't love old greasy hairs days are over, Lebron leaving was the first domino to fall.

Big Zo
07-26-2014, 01:49 AM
I believe him and he will win in NYC. Last time I checked San Antonio won the championship this past year, no one else and San Antonio was not trying to sign Melo. Everyone else in the NBA were also rans and the teams that wanted to sign Erik did not make the playoffs or was eliminated in the first round so they could not promise a championship this upcoming year just like the Knicks cannot. Finally the common denominator with the a Bulls and Lakers last championship runs was a Phil a Jackson and he I'd now in NYC and Chicago and LA have not won since.

Are you drunk right now? Lol

Big Zo
07-26-2014, 01:51 AM
. No he won't love old greasy hairs days are over, Lebron leaving was the first domino to fall.

Greasy hairs brought us a championship before LeBron. In fact, the only place he never won was in New York, because the Knicks suck THAT bad.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 01:54 AM
All those scenarios are more plausible than the Knicks seeing the second round anywhere in the near future.

:drunk: yep they are

Big Zo
07-26-2014, 01:57 AM
:drunk: yep they are

Do Knick fans even know there's supposed to be more than one round?

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Greasy hairs brought us a championship before LeBron. In fact, the only place he never won was in New York, because the Knicks suck THAT bad.

:laugh2: you guys had shaq and then got lbj you guys were lucky but now wades at the tail end of his career your championship days are long gone bro get ready for the knicks to finally shine we got our general back pjax and enough for a max player in 2015:dance:

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 02:02 AM
Do Knick fans even know there's supposed to be more than one round?

ummmmmmm being that we got to the 2nd the year before im sure we don't but that's a good question to ask your own team have fun being the new atl hawks of the east congratulations you guys really earned it:clap:

Big Zo
07-26-2014, 02:03 AM
:laugh2: you guys had shaq and then got lbj you guys were lucky but now wades at the tail end of his career your championship days are long gone bro get ready for the knicks to finally shine we got our general back pjax and enough for a max player in 2015:dance:

Maybe you guys will get super lucky and win two playoff games the next 15 years.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 02:31 AM
The greatest thing any New York Knicks team has done since 1973 is lose to Olajuwon and the Rockets in seven games in 1994. If winning 54 games in the regular season and a first round victory against an over-the-hill geriatric Celtics team is a reason to act so arrogant it speaks enormous volumes of how little standards they have in the Big Apple. If Phil rights this ship and they win a title or two with Melo then gloat all you want but until then franchise sucked so hard they couldn't overcome the pathetic Hawks who were practically handing them the 8th seed on a silver platter and they still couldn't make the playoffs in the weak east and it was with basically the same team they brag about that won 54 games the season before. I don't think 40 year old bench coach Jason Kidd was that big of a difference maker. I don't want to hear anything about injuries either because the Bulls won 48 games with Rose missing 72 games and their second best player Deng being traded off halfway through the season leaving them with lionheart Carlos Loozer as their number one option followed by D.J. Augustine off his couch at home and Mike Dunleavy Jr. Heart and desire don't nearly get enough credit in professional sports. Thinking because you play in MSG in New York City doesn't give you a damn thing. The only thing it does is make you look like garbage when you underachieve to the levels they have done in recent memory especially last season.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 02:41 AM
The greatest thing any New York Knicks team has done since 1973 is lose to Olajuwon and the Rockets in seven games in 1994. If winning 54 games in the regular season and a first round victory against an over-the-hill geriatric Celtics team is a reason to act so arrogant it speaks enormous volumes of how little standards they have in the Big Apple. If Phil rights this ship and they win a title or two with Melo then gloat all you want but until then franchise sucked so hard they couldn't overcome the pathetic Hawks who were practically handing them the 8th seed on a silver platter and they still couldn't make the playoffs in the weak east and it was with basically the same team they brag about that won 54 games the season before. I don't think 40 year old bench coach Jason Kidd was that big of a difference maker. I don't want to hear anything about injuries either because the Bulls won 48 games with Rose missing 72 games and their second best player Deng being traded off halfway through the season leaving them with lionheart Carlos Loozer as their number one option followed by D.J. Augustine off his couch at home and Mike Dunleavy Jr. Heart and desire don't nearly get enough credit in professional sports. Thinking because you play in MSG in New York City doesn't give you a damn thing. The only thing it does is make you look like garbage when you underachieve to the levels they have done in recent memory especially last season.

ok you act like we won 54 games 10 years ago lmao ummmmmm we won 54 games the year before this one we still have a lot of the pieces that won those games except the zen master pulled a fast one on the mavs an we upgraded our worse position significantly we also added the greatest bball mind in the nba who will help out d fish so we upgraded our coach significantly also ntm melo has been playing great these past couple years and isn't showing he's in decline like wade or have knee problems like rose look at this point every team has their question marks im just happy with the moves we made and im confident we will make some noise next year lets go knicks:clap:

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 02:48 AM
Maybe you guys will get super lucky and win two playoff games the next 15 years.

look bro lbj left get over it I know you heat fans are mad right now you got leconed:mad::bang: but the fact is the knicks are now in a far better position then the heat are we finally have some young talent along with melo and enough for a max player in 2015 it's pretty safe to say we will be winning more playoff games in the near future then the heat:shush:

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 02:49 AM
ok you act like we won 54 games 10 years ago lmao ummmmmm we won 54 games the year before this one we still have a lot of the pieces that won those games except the zen master pulled a fast one on the mavs an we upgraded our worse position significantly we also added the greatest bball mind in the nba who will help out d fish so we upgraded our coach significantly also ntm melo has been playing great these past couple years and isn't showing he's in decline like wade or have knee problems like rose look at this point every team has their question marks im just happy with the moves we made and im confident we will make some noise next year lets go knicks:clap:

You know what I'm rooting for you guys because I have a lot of love for what Phil did for Jordan and the Bulls. If he builds the Knicks up and wins then you guys have the right to let everybody know about it but I read or hear a lot of trash talk from fans who like I said, greatest achievement is 54 wins two seasons ago. Phil like you said has dumped a lot of trash but you are just going to have to ride out Amar'e one more season because ain't nobody taking that final year. Good pieces added courtesy of Dallas which I don't know what they were thinking taking Old Man Chandler and Pillsbury Felton but that's a plus for you. Just not winning it next year or the year after. Maybe by year three of the Phil Era if you add the right pieces around Melo you have an entirely different discussion going on.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 02:51 AM
And your first round pick this year is going to be a good one.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 03:13 AM
You know what I'm rooting for you guys because I have a lot of love for what Phil did for Jordan and the Bulls. If he builds the Knicks up and wins then you guys have the right to let everybody know about it but I read or hear a lot of trash talk from fans who like I said, greatest achievement is 54 wins two seasons ago. Phil like you said has dumped a lot of trash but you are just going to have to ride out Amar'e one more season because ain't nobody taking that final year. Good pieces added courtesy of Dallas which I don't know what they were thinking taking Old Man Chandler and Pillsbury Felton but that's a plus for you. Just not winning it next year or the year after. Maybe by year three of the Phil Era if you add the right pieces around Melo you have an entirely different discussion going on.

I don't think anybody is expecting us to win it all in the next two years but after watching that dreadful woodson iso offense and like you said the Pillsbury doughboy running our pg i'm extremely excited to watch an actual system with an actual pg and just improve as a team and depending on who we get in 2015 I could see us in the finals but coming up short to a team out west but this year im just happy with making the playoffs once you get there anything can happen depending on matchups if we can avoid chi and cle in the first I think we can make it to the 2nd rd

seikou8
07-26-2014, 04:39 AM
I don't think anybody is expecting us to win it all in the next two years but after watching that dreadful woodson iso offense and like you said the Pillsbury doughboy running our pg i'm extremely excited to watch an actual system with an actual pg and just improve as a team and depending on who we get in 2015 I could see us in the finals but coming up short to a team out west but this year im just happy with making the playoffs once you get there anything can happen depending on matchups if we can avoid chi and cle in the first I think we can make it to the 2nd rd

u my friend are doing work in these threads LOL i love it i may not agree with everything you said but u are defending the knicks well

chitownbulls
07-26-2014, 05:05 AM
So, I'm going to admit, I think the Knicks are in a good position. However, I'm not talking about competing right now, I'm talking about the FUTURE. THJR, Shump, Early, plenty of cap space, and a head coach who can turn out to be pretty good is a good start for a "mini rebuild."

But for those fans talking about the Knicks finishing top 4 this season, I'm sorry but I don't see it. Sure, you're switching over to a better point gaurd who fits with Anthony in the triangle offense. But one key component is missing, a big man. Seriously, the reason why the triangle worked so well for the Lakers is because they always had dominant big men in the low post. And apparently people seem to be forgetting that the learning curve for the triangle offense is ridiculous as it is very complex. So really, offensively for this season I only see a minor improvement, and that is mainly because of Calderon. But for those who think the triangle is going to suddenly turn them into an offensive juggernaut in one season have to be fooling themselves.

And let's not even get started with defense. Out of the entire team, only Shumpert can play capable defense. Their bigs will get abused, Calderon will get burned, and Anthony will be Anthony defensively.

So, in reality I only see this team as a 42 win team at the most. The only way they do better than that is if their offense is really good enough to carry their horrendous defense, which I doubt.

As for their positioning in the east, I see them behind CHI, CLE, CHA, IND, MIA, ATL, WASH, TOR, and NJ. (These are not my predictions for standings, just who I believe will get a better record than the Knicks).

sammyvine
07-26-2014, 06:09 AM
the knicks are not winning anytime soon. They are an inept franchise but maybe that will change.

Also Melo isn't that good. He has been an all star and that is it. He has fell well short compared to players like Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Duncan etc..

quade36
07-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Man, who was the guy who guaranteed the Knicks would finish 4-6 in the east, Bulls would lose in the second round and Rose would get injured. I gotta get your contact info. I got some gambling bets I'd like to make and need someone who 100% knows what will happen :)

Also, its great that the Knicks would have salary cap relief in two years. Problem is, so will a lot of teams, like the Bulls, Heat, Texas teams, Lakers. We've seen this before. Players are more likely to go to Florida and Texas than NY and Chicago because of the income taxes. I'd almost assume they'd rather go to LA too. Salary cap relief doesn't mean anything unless you can actually get the talent.

C-ross12
07-26-2014, 09:31 AM
There goes Melo pissing down our backs and telling us its raining..

LongIslandIcedZ
07-26-2014, 10:47 AM
He probably does like Phil's direction for the team, I don't think he was lying about that.

But if Chicago could offer the same amount as the Knicks, I'm reasonably confident he'd be a Bull.

DoMeFavors
07-26-2014, 11:38 AM
He probably does like Phil's direction for the team, I don't think he was lying about that.

But if Chicago could offer the same amount as the Knicks, I'm reasonably confident he'd be a Bull.

There is no clear direction, its about getting lucky and hoping to get someone like Marc Gasol next offseason. Melo's legacy is going to crumble if he keeps missing playoffs or 1st rd exits. He just wont be remembered.

Cheesesteak
07-26-2014, 11:44 AM
There is no clear direction, its about getting lucky and hoping to get someone like Marc Gasol next offseason. Melo's legacy is going to crumble if he keeps missing playoffs or 1st rd exits. He just wont be remembered.

He definitely will be remembered as the guy who couldn't win in the playoffs.

I really wish Melo joined the Bulls. That would've been the perfect situation for him.

Knick bag
07-26-2014, 12:16 PM
So, I'm going to admit, I think the Knicks are in a good position. However, I'm not talking about competing right now, I'm talking about the FUTURE. THJR, Shump, Early, plenty of cap space, and a head coach who can turn out to be pretty good is a good start for a "mini rebuild."

But for those fans talking about the Knicks finishing top 4 this season, I'm sorry but I don't see it. Sure, you're switching over to a better point gaurd who fits with Anthony in the triangle offense. But one key component is missing, a big man. Seriously, the reason why the triangle worked so well for the Lakers is because they always had dominant big men in the low post. And apparently people seem to be forgetting that the learning curve for the triangle offense is ridiculous as it is very complex. So really, offensively for this season I only see a minor improvement, and that is mainly because of Calderon. But for those who think the triangle is going to suddenly turn them into an offensive juggernaut in one season have to be fooling themselves.

And let's not even get started with defense. Out of the entire team, only Shumpert can play capable defense. Their bigs will get abused, Calderon will get burned, and Anthony will be Anthony defensively.

So, in reality I only see this team as a 42 win team at the most. The only way they do better than that is if their offense is really good enough to carry their horrendous defense, which I doubt.

As for their positioning in the east, I see them behind CHI, CLE, CHA, IND, MIA, ATL, WASH, TOR, and NJ. (These are not my predictions for standings, just who I believe will get a better record than the Knicks).

PJ's triangle offense doesn't require a "dominate" big man. Ask the Bulls. Yes the Knicks were a mess last season. Players, coaching, front office all were to blame.

New day now. Of course Melo wanted the $. Should keep his mouth shut about that. But he also believes in PJ. Who wouldn't?

Will win the division "this" year IMO. Top 4 in the East. 2015 Knicks have a great opportunity to become title contenders. I trust PJ. Already has worked wonders with virtually nothing.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-26-2014, 12:19 PM

How do you know what Phil Jackson's plan is?

DoMeFavors
07-26-2014, 12:22 PM
How do you know what Phil Jackson's plan is?

I know what his plan is based on what I am seeing, he wants to keep expiring contracts and go after free agents next year. He has even made public statements saying stuff like we might not be great this yr. He told Melo he is going after 2015 free agents. Its clear thats the "plan" though the class is pretty subpar and Love is likely to be traded prior to that anyway.

Sadds The Gr8
07-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Someone said the Knicks are a definite top 4 seed? With who, Calderon and dalembert? Looooool they'll be lucky to be in the top 6. They can easily miss the playoffs again, especially if Detroit significantly improves with SVG.

kobebabe
07-26-2014, 01:22 PM
This is beyond laughable

DaBUU
07-26-2014, 01:31 PM
hahaha Melo hahahaha

DoMeFavors
07-26-2014, 02:13 PM
I get Melo wanted to play in NY, but had he stuck around with Denver he could be on a true contender right now. Only a year prior to his trade he was in WCF. He was playing with Afflalo, Ty Lawson, Nene above average role players that fit him and Billups still servicable. He had a good supporting cast.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-26-2014, 03:15 PM
I literally burst out laughing after reading this :laugh:

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 04:17 PM

yeah well dwill is already there:D

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 04:18 PM
u my friend are doing work in these threads LOL i love it i may not agree with everything you said but u are defending the knicks well

:cheers:

DoMeFavors
07-26-2014, 04:33 PM
yeah well dwill is already there:D

What is your problem with Deron Williams? I dont get it... He is one of the only players in history to get 20 and 10 in a playoff series.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 04:35 PM
What is your problem with Deron Williams? I dont get it... He is one of the only players in history to get 20 and 10 in a playoff series.

Que?

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 04:41 PM

:laugh: keep living in the past bro dwill sux now

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Phil isn't going there to sully his reputation. If Dolan gets the Hell out of his way and let's him get to work then they will turn it around. He got Melo to stay....albeit with like 124 million dollars but he's there to build around. Got rid of a couple bad contracts and non-contributors. If he can pull off a trade with Amar'e then there should be a shrine made for the man. There will be free agents coming next season and the greatest one of them all in LeBron in 2016.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Phil isn't going there to sully his reputation. If Dolan gets the Hell out of his way and let's him get to work then they will turn it around. He got Melo to stay....albeit with like 124 million dollars but he's there to build around. Got rid of a couple bad contracts and non-contributors. If he can pull off a trade with Amar'e then there should be a shrine made for the man. There will be free agents coming next season and the greatest one of them all in LeBron in 2016.

I want no parts of lecon im good

InRoseWeTrust
07-26-2014, 06:01 PM

LeBron isn't going anywhere ever again. Can we all stop this?

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 07:04 PM
LeBron isn't going anywhere ever again. Can we all stop this?

I guess he's good with two.....no need to win another championship. He ain't winning on in Cleveland and he's not staying past the two years. He's gonna pull another fast one on Gilbert. The city of Cleveland doesn't deserve it but that's what happens when they put all their hopes and dreams into a conman.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 07:05 PM
I want no parts of lecon im good

Yeah but Melo does.

InRoseWeTrust
07-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I guess he's good with two.....no need to win another championship. He ain't winning on in Cleveland and he's not staying past the two years. He's gonna pull another fast one on Gilbert. The city of Cleveland doesn't deserve it but that's what happens when they put all their hopes and dreams into a conman.

He's not leaving Cleveland again. Get over it.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah but Melo does.

meh if lbj goes to ny it would be 2015 I doubt we'd have enough cap for a max in 2016 but I doubt lecon would leave only after 1 year

DemarDerozan
07-26-2014, 07:29 PM
It appears that all the Heat hate has diassapeared along with their fan base. Now that hate has been redistributed to the Rockets and Knicks.

cssdmark
07-26-2014, 07:41 PM
I find the whole thing funny Chicago fans think their team is the **** but they are overachievers who have not won since Phil left. The are so proud of making the playoffs and being eliminated every year. I thought the goal is to win a championship not be 7th or 8th runner up so why do they keep talking ****? If it was Spurs or Heat fans I would understand but Jordan has been gone from Chicago like 18 years they have no rings since but their fans talk **** like they won a chip two years ago. You can say you are a contender every year but if you do not win it all then what have you accomplished and why bash other franchises because just like other franchises you have not won. This **** is hilarious.

cssdmark
07-26-2014, 07:42 PM
It appears that all the Heat hate has diassapeared along with their fan base. Now that hate has been redistributed to the Rockets and Knicks.

Because haters will be haters

cssdmark
07-26-2014, 07:47 PM
If he truly didn't care for the money he would have signed with CHI, lol

To be honest, I think his wife told him to take the most money, if it were Melo's true decision, he would have went to CHI

Why he wants to finish his career in a place where he wants to live and the 2nd city Chicago was not it.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I find the whole thing funny Chicago fans think their team is the **** but they are overachievers who have not won since Phil left. The are so proud of making the playoffs and being eliminated every year. I thought the goal is to win a championship not be 7th or 8th runner up so why do they keep talking ****? If it was Spurs or Heat fans I would understand but Jordan has been gone from Chicago like 18 years they have no rings since but their fans talk **** like they won a chip two years ago. You can say you are a contender every year but if you do not win it all then what have you accomplished and why bash other franchises because just like other franchises you have not won. This **** is hilarious.

the playoffs don't mean anything only regular season accomplishments who cares if they never made it out of the 2nd rd as long as they won their 60 games and d rose got his mvp:laugh:

northsider
07-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes lets ignore the fact that one glaring thing lacking from the Bulls team was a serious scorer aside from Rose.

It's scary to think how good this team has been while being offensively deprived.

I mean this isn't a hard concept to wrap your head around right??? You guys really can't be this clueless. Adding a guy like Melo to a team that was already a contender just increases your chances. Melo would've been coming to a situation of a team that lacked offense but, was still managing to win games and be tough. I don't get why it's mentioned the Bulls get bounced out of the playoffs??? That means we're winning and making it to the playoffs, correct? Every year teams make it and our bounced out and adding exactly what a team lacked prob. changes that scenario. Not rocket science.

I am baffled how you guys can't connect the dots on the fit people see with the Bulls and Melo. I understand this is the NBA forum and people get exempt from ignorance but, holy **** this forum is like reading comments on onion articles.

northsider
07-26-2014, 08:17 PM
I guess I missed the memo where consistently making the playoffs is a bad thing..???

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Yes lets ignore the fact that one glaring thing lacking from the Bulls team was a serious scorer aside from Rose.

It's scary to think how good this team has been while being offensively deprived.

I mean this isn't a hard concept to wrap your head around right??? You guys really can't be this clueless. Adding a guy like Melo to a team that was already a contender just increases your chances. Melo would've been coming to a situation of a team that lacked offense but, was still managing to win games and be tough. I don't get why it's mentioned the Bulls get bounced out of the playoffs??? That means we're winning and making it to the playoffs, correct? Every year teams make it and our bounced out and adding exactly what a team lacked prob. changes that scenario. Not rocket science.

I am baffled how you guys can't connect the dots on the fit people see with the Bulls and Melo. I understand this is the NBA forum and people get exempt from ignorance but, holy **** this forum is like reading comments on onion articles.

whats your point if melo had a 2nd scorer we'd also be a great team and nobody knows if d rose is healthy yet why would melo put himself in that situation again look how it turned out with amare melo to the bulls was never a lock just espn gasing up the average nba fan again:facepalm:

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 08:21 PM
I guess I missed the memo where consistently making the playoffs is a bad thing..???

yeah it's called the atl hawks rule book to being mediocre:cool:

stambrose84
07-26-2014, 08:43 PM
I find the whole thing funny Chicago fans think their team is the **** but they are overachievers who have not won since Phil left. The are so proud of making the playoffs and being eliminated every year. I thought the goal is to win a championship not be 7th or 8th runner up so why do they keep talking ****? If it was Spurs or Heat fans I would understand but Jordan has been gone from Chicago like 18 years they have no rings since but their fans talk **** like they won a chip two years ago. You can say you are a contender every year but if you do not win it all then what have you accomplished and why bash other franchises because just like other franchises you have not won. This **** is hilarious.and you guys have not won since 1973!!!! lol enjoy Fraudmelo!!! oh Riiiiiiight your getting K.love? nice trade try chief triangle

stambrose84
07-26-2014, 08:47 PM

This is New York you are talking about....ugh and the last time they won a title??? drum roll please... 1973!!!
whats 41 years...yeah chief triangle has this......

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 08:51 PM
and you guys have not won since 1973!!!! lol enjoy Fraudmelo!!! oh Riiiiiiight your getting K.love? nice trade try chief triangle

This is New York you are talking about....ugh and the last time they won a title??? drum roll please... 1973!!!
whats 41 years...yeah chief triangle has this......

what does any of that shyt have to do with right now or our future:eyebrow:

DaBUU
07-26-2014, 08:55 PM
I can't believe Knick fans are talking, of all the fan bases, that's funny.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 09:03 PM
I can't believe Knick fans are talking, of all the fan bases, that's funny.

you do realize mj has been gone for a while now right and besides rose's couple of great years where you guys won 60 games ummmmm the bulls were just as bad as the knicks lets be real the bulls just got good like 4 years ago if that and never made it out of the 2nd rd you clowns are like the clippers fans of the east always saying how great your team is but never make it past the 2nd rd:facepalm:

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 09:09 PM

So should we be down on ourselves for going to the playoffs with major injuries to key contributors? I don't think the Bulls are the best or anything by any means but what can you do when the circumstances present themselves like they have the last few years. I credit other teams for being better and having bright futures. I want ours to stay bright and that's why I am praying this trade scenario with the Wolves is all smoke and mirrors because that's a lot for Chicago to part with for a one year rental. You only block him from teaming with LeBron for one year until he's free to go there on his own next summer. I won't apologize for my team giving max effort with the exception of Carlos Boozer and doing the best they can with what they have. We as fans have to support whatever is put out there on the court because those players didn't have any control of what particular vision the team's GM had or what restriction they have in spending on free agents.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 09:13 PM
So should we be down on ourselves for going to the playoffs with major injuries to key contributors? I don't think the Bulls are the best or anything by any means but what can you do when the circumstances present themselves like they have the last few years. I credit other teams for being better and having bright futures. I want ours to stay bright and that's why I am praying this trade scenario with the Wolves is all smoke and mirrors because that's a lot for Chicago to part with for a one year rental. You only block him from teaming with LeBron for one year until he's free to go there on his own next summer. I won't apologize for my team giving max effort with the exception of Carlos Boozer and doing the best they can with what they have. We as fans have to support whatever is put out there on the court because those players didn't have any control of what particular vision the team's GM had or what restriction they have in spending on free agents.

I don't think he means you bro you actually seem like a bulls fan with common sense your a rare breed bro:cheers:

JEDean89
07-26-2014, 09:18 PM
you do realize mj has been gone for a while now right and besides rose's couple of great years where you guys won 60 games ummmmm the bulls were just as bad as the knicks lets be real the bulls just got good like 4 years ago if that and never made it out of the 2nd rd you clowns are like the clippers fans of the east always saying how great your team is but never make it past the 2nd rd:facepalm:

ya i'm pretty sure they made it to the ECF against the heat, which is past the 2nd round, so we can throw that out the window. quit talking **** as a knicks fan. i'm a knicks fan and honestly my least favorite people on this forum are other knicks fans who don't know history and are delusional. the knicks have a long way to go before i will talk **** to any fanbase.

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 09:42 PM
ya i'm pretty sure they made it to the ECF against the heat, which is past the 2nd round, so we can throw that out the window. quit talking **** as a knicks fan. i'm a knicks fan and honestly my least favorite people on this forum are other knicks fans who don't know history and are delusional. the knicks have a long way to go before i will talk **** to any fanbase.

well my friend you are very wrong:facepalm:

justinnum1
07-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Knicks will be lucky to make the playoffs next year

east fb knicks
07-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Knicks will be lucky to make the playoffs next year

hey there buddy where have you been hiding since lbj left:hide: and plz the only thing worse then a bulls fan is a heat fan right now you guys got your rings now it's time to bow out gracefully before this gets ugly

justinnum1
07-26-2014, 10:02 PM
hey there buddy where have you been hiding since lbj left:hide: and plz the only thing worse then a bulls fan is a heat fan right now you guys got your rings now it's time to bow out gracefully before this gets ugly

Heat future is still much brighter than the knicks lol

chitownbulls
07-26-2014, 10:28 PM
PJ's triangle offense doesn't require a "dominate" big man. Ask the Bulls. Yes the Knicks were a mess last season. Players, coaching, front office all were to blame.

New day now. Of course Melo wanted the $. Should keep his mouth shut about that. But he also believes in PJ. Who wouldn't?

Will win the division "this" year IMO. Top 4 in the East. 2015 Knicks have a great opportunity to become title contenders. I trust PJ. Already has worked wonders with virtually nothing.

Well the Bulls also had Pippen and MJ as the other 2 parts to that triangle, so I still believe that NY will need a dominant big man to go a long with Melo. And again, I really don't mean to troll you here, but how do you guys see yourselves better than Toronto?

Lowry, Derozan, Amir Johnson, Valanciunus, and Terrence Ross is far better than any line up the Knicks can throw out there. And they're winning percentage after trading Gay last year would keep them on pace to win over 50 this season.

DaBUU
07-26-2014, 10:30 PM

Thanks for naming recent and past accomplishments the Knicks have NEVER had. ya know recent or in the past.

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 12:07 AM

sure keep telling your self that buddy what ever makes you feel better about being leconed:sad2:

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks for naming recent and past accomplishments the Knicks have NEVER had. ya know recent or in the past.

lmao are you slow the knicks got into the 2nd rd the year before this one:facepalm:

KnickaBocka.44
07-27-2014, 12:10 AM

All you have is bosh dude, just accept your place now.

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Well the Bulls also had Pippen and MJ as the other 2 parts to that triangle, so I still believe that NY will need a dominant big man to go a long with Melo. And again, I really don't mean to troll you here, but how do you guys see yourselves better than Toronto?

Lowry, Derozan, Amir Johnson, Valanciunus, and Terrence Ross is far better than any line up the Knicks can throw out there. And they're winning percentage after trading Gay last year would keep them on pace to win over 50 this season.

Carmelo dominates toronto ntm believe it or not amare is a nightmare for the raps who also lost to a nets team without lopez at full strength the raps overachieved last year big time they also take to many jump shots that's not a good brand of bball to play unless the raps trade for a post player I don't even think they are better then bk

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:40 AM
If the Knicks get rid of J.R. they have a shot at the 8th seed in the east for crying out loud. Smith absolutely kills that team and having him paired with Pillsbury Felton last season didn't help matters. Amar'e is playing for his career next season if he hasn't already considered retiring after his contract is up. He does have a lot of money and should be thinking about living a healthy productive life after basketball....but if he loves the game enough to come back for less money in a lesser role somewhere then he has that option too. If the Lakers can pay 3.25 for Boozer then surely somebody would give Amar'e an incentive laden contract to see what he has left. I mean for Christ's sake if the Heat can give Old Man Oden money to basically rest most of the regular season and play in garbage time then Amar'e can find work.

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 03:51 AM
If the Knicks get rid of J.R. they have a shot at the 8th seed in the east for crying out loud. Smith absolutely kills that team and having him paired with Pillsbury Felton last season didn't help matters. Amar'e is playing for his career next season if he hasn't already considered retiring after his contract is up. He does have a lot of money and should be thinking about living a healthy productive life after basketball....but if he loves the game enough to come back for less money in a lesser role somewhere then he has that option too. If the Lakers can pay 3.25 for Boozer then surely somebody would give Amar'e an incentive laden contract to see what he has left. I mean for Christ's sake if the Heat can give Old Man Oden money to basically rest most of the regular season and play in garbage time then Amar'e can find work.

you do realize jr smith was the 2nd best player on a 54 win team im just saying:shrug:

V1p3r87
07-27-2014, 05:06 AM
I'm not really sure how Knicks's fans can talk smack and put down the Bulls. You guys brag about a 54 win team two seasons ago, really? All that got you guys was a 2nd round exit. Heck, even a injury ridden bulls team (no rose and deng) made it to the 2nd round that year. Since u guys like talking about the recent past, the Bulls were the top seed 10-11 and 11-12 (even made it to the ECF in 2011).

We got the 4th seed this past season even though we lost Rose 10 games in and traded away Deng for basically nothing. You guys had a healthy Melo and couldn't even make the playoffs in the East. All I hear about is "we have major cap space next year." Really? What major FA will go there next year? Odds are Love and Aldridge won't be available, only guy I can see is Gasol (no guarantee). If Melo really meant those words, he would of bolted the Knicks as fast as he could. Money was the only thing on his mind.

basketfan4life
07-27-2014, 07:43 AM

there is nothing bad about taking the money over championships, its just when you are taking huge money, you are not helping the team to win, melo should just shut up, get money and play

Melo may be lying but what you guys wrote is just completely nonsense. An athlete can take the maximum amount of money, gets help with whatever the money left from the cap.And competes for the c'ship, because the cap is for every team. Unless some ******* take a lot less than what they deserve and unite their forces in their freaking prime and take a **** on the league.

Now that there is no team left with 3 freaking superstars, Anthony can take the max and still compete in the years coming.

jericho
07-27-2014, 08:36 AM
you do realize jr smith was the 2nd best player on a 54 win team im just saying:shrug:

Dude I love my Knicks but that comment doesnt make any sense because yeah he was the 2nd best player on a 54 win team but he also was the 2nd best player on the team that didnt make the playoffs this past year. JR could be a top 3 SG in the league he has the skill set to get there but his head wont ever let him, he is way to immature and im tired of giving any more chances. We should just trade him and develop the young guns we have.

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm not really sure how Knicks's fans can talk smack and put down the Bulls. You guys brag about a 54 win team two seasons ago, really? All that got you guys was a 2nd round exit. Heck, even a injury ridden bulls team (no rose and deng) made it to the 2nd round that year. Since u guys like talking about the recent past, the Bulls were the top seed 10-11 and 11-12 (even made it to the ECF in 2011).
We got the 4th seed this past season even though we lost Rose 10 games in and traded away Deng for basically nothing. You guys had a healthy Melo and couldn't even make the playoffs in the East. All I hear about is "we have major cap space next year." Really? What major FA will go there next year? Odds are Love and Aldridge won't be available, only guy I can see is Gasol (no guarantee). If Melo really meant those words, he would of bolted the Knicks as fast as he could. Money was the only thing on his mind.

touché sir you guys did make it to the ecf look man nobody is trying to take anything away from the bulls but right now both of the bulls and knicks have major question marks im tired of bulls fans kicking dirt on my teams name for no reason how about we just wait for the season to start so we can see who is really going to be the real deal

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Dude I love my Knicks but that comment doesnt make any sense because yeah he was the 2nd best player on a 54 win team but he also was the 2nd best player on the team that didnt make the playoffs this past year. JR could be a top 3 SG in the league he has the skill set to get there but his head wont ever let him, he is way to immature and im tired of giving any more chances. We should just trade him and develop the young guns we have.

like it or not jr was a big reason he won a lot of those games the fact is he was actually more clutch then melo that year last year jr was injured early on and his daddy woodson still over played if jr can get his head out of his *** we can actually be a top 4 seed next year as much as I wouldn't mind trading him our team still needs his scoring but I think we are going to move him at the deadline but for that to happen he needs to start this year off strong and im only trading him at the deadline cuz grunwald gave him a contract that runs into 2015

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:03 PM

And he was one of the worst on a 37 win team last season. The guy is a damn knucklehead. When he's on he's on but then when his head is up his anus he's a team killer.

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 03:16 PM
And he was one of the worst on a 37 win team last season. The guy is a damn knucklehead. When he's on he's on but then when his head is up his anus he's a team killer.

far from itbro check the stats yes he's a fkn idiot for waiting until the very end to have knee surgery but once he got healthy and actually cracked the starting 5 we went on a winning streak

I also agree with when he's hot he's good but when's he's off he's not that why jr should return to his sixth man role so when he's off you leave him on the bench his father woodson always played him no matter if he was off or not jr isn't the type of player you give free reign to he needs discipline and that's what d fish brings to our team even with out pjax dfish is a no nonsense guy expect jr to be riding the bench if he pulls some dum shyt or his shot isn't falling

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 03:23 PM
I think Melo likes money and I think he believes Phil can build a championship team. You know, it is possible to feel that way about both. Chicago might give him a better chance to win tomorrow, but the if they don't win tomorrow, theres not a ton of room for improvement. They would have had to gut the supporting cast to give him a competitive contract offer in the first place so its really not that cut and dry as to what situation would be better long term. If Knicks can play like they did to finish the season (once Phil arrived they had a 9 game win streak and almost squeezed into the playoffs) they can resemble the team they were 2 years ago with a ton of cap space to add without subtracting.

If you have read any of Phil's books or listened to the man talk basketball, he certainly has a way of selling you on him being the man to make **** happen. With an owner willing to spend more than any other owner backing him, its not to hard to sell you on a plan and vision. Chicago has notoriously cheap owner. Dolan is an idiot, but nobody can say he doesn't want to win and will spend infinite dollars to do so.

chitownbulls
07-27-2014, 03:31 PM
I think Melo likes money and I think he believes Phil can build a championship team. You know, it is possible to feel that way about both. Chicago might give him a better chance to win tomorrow, but the if they don't win tomorrow, theres not a ton of room for improvement. They would have had to gut the supporting cast to give him a competitive contract offer in the first place so its really not that cut and dry as to what situation would be better long term. If Knicks can play like they did to finish the season (once Phil arrived they had a 9 game win streak and almost squeezed into the playoffs) they can resemble the team they were 2 years ago with a ton of cap space to add without subtracting.

If you have read any of Phil's books or listened to the man talk basketball, he certainly has a way of selling you on him being the man to make **** happen. With an owner willing to spend more than any other owner backing him, its not to hard to sell you on a plan and vision. Chicago has notoriously cheap owner. Dolan is an idiot, but nobody can say he doesn't want to win and will spend infinite dollars to do so.

I don't know if you can refer to Reinsdorf as notoriously cheap as he was willing to amnesty Boozer, and has said numerous times that he will pay the lux. tax if its necessary to build a contender. Also, the Bulls do have plenty of wiggle room. Tons of assets that can be traded if needed, and can be developed if they aren't traded. And with the predicted tv contract coming up we will have plenty of room to obtain another key player for the organization.

slashsnake
07-27-2014, 03:40 PM

He is so very up and down though. And offense isn't everything. I'd call Chandler by far their 2nd best player that year. And last season too. So he's the 3rd best player on a 37 win team. You could make an argument Randy Foye or Timofey Mozgov was also that last year... in a tougher conference.

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:46 PM
far from itbro check the stats yes he's a fkn idiot for waiting until the very end to have knee surgery but once he got healthy and actually cracked the starting 5 we went on a winning streak

I also agree with when he's hot he's good but when's he's off he's not that why jr should return to his sixth man role so when he's off you leave him on the bench his father woodson always played him no matter if he was off or not jr isn't the type of player you give free reign to he needs discipline and that's what d fish brings to our team even with out pjax dfish is a no nonsense guy expect jr to be riding the bench if he pulls some dum shyt or his shot isn't falling

As I said.....he's a knucklehead. Nothing between the ears but air.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 03:49 PM
I don't know if you can refer to Reinsdorf as notoriously cheap as he was willing to amnesty Boozer, and has said numerous times that he will pay the lux. tax if its necessary to build a contender. Also, the Bulls do have plenty of wiggle room. Tons of assets that can be traded if needed, and can be developed if they aren't traded. And with the predicted tv contract coming up we will have plenty of room to obtain another key player for the organization.

Boozer should have been amnestied 2-3 years ago but he wouldn't do it until it was an expiring contract. There is plenty of evidence out there regarding Reinsdorf "cheap" tactics.

And if you wanted to give Melo a competitive offer, half those assets would have been traded for him. That was my point. He already gambled on a sidekick with bad knees and it blew up in his face. Noah is Brook Lopez-esque foot problems as well.

Lets just say, there are plenty of reasons to be weary of the Bulls. It wasn't like he was walking into a 5 year powerhouse. Many question marks and not anywhere near enough money to field a competitive offer unless you did a S & T, at which point Phil wouldn't have to accommodate Melo (as he said, I am not giving you the max to play somewhere else) would have his fair share of leverage.

effen5
07-27-2014, 03:58 PM
lmao are you slow the knicks got into the 2nd rd the year before this one:facepalm:

So did the bulls?

effen5
07-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Boozer should have been amnestied 2-3 years ago but he wouldn't do it until it was an expiring contract. There is plenty of evidence out there regarding Reinsdorf "cheap" tactics.

And if you wanted to give Melo a competitive offer, half those assets would have been traded for him. That was my point. He already gambled on a sidekick with bad knees and it blew up in his face. Noah is Brook Lopez-esque foot problems as well.

Lets just say, there are plenty of reasons to be weary of the Bulls. It wasn't like he was walking into a 5 year powerhouse. Many question marks and not anywhere near enough money to field a competitive offer unless you did a S & T, at which point Phil wouldn't have to accommodate Melo (as he said, I am not giving you the max to play somewhere else) would have his fair share of leverage.

Amnesty him for who? Didn't make sense to amnesty him until this year

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Bulls don't amnesty players just for the hell of it Like the knicks did with billups.

V1p3r87
07-27-2014, 04:07 PM
touché sir you guys did make it to the ecf look man nobody is trying to take anything away from the bulls but right now both of the bulls and knicks have major question marks im tired of bulls fans kicking dirt on my teams name for no reason how about we just wait for the season to start so we can see who is really going to be the real deal

I hear ya, the criticism gets old after awhile. It just gets annoying when I see people bashing the teams I follow. We are in the same boat, neither of our teams have won anything in recent memory. I do think though that we are in a better position to compete atm, it might take the Knicks a few years to turn things around. I can't wait till the season starts.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Amnesty him for who? Didn't make sense to amnesty him until this year

Sure it did. Clear near-max cap space off the books and let Taj Gibson flourish as a starter.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Bulls don't amnesty players just for the hell of it Like the knicks did with billups.

We amnestied Billups to clear cap to sign Chandler chief. You had a budding young stud at the same position who is better and played the important minutes over Boozer anyway.

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Sure it did. Clear near-max cap space off the books and let Taj Gibson flourish as a starter.

Except Taj wasn't anywhere near a starter until he show signs of improvement last year.

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:13 PM
We amnestied Billups to clear cap to sign Chandler chief. You had a budding young stud at the same position who is better and played the important minutes over Boozer anyway.

Didn't the knicks pick up his option just to amnesty him chief?

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:15 PM
I have been hearing Bulls fans complaining about Boozer and his crappy rotations taking Taj's minutes for years on this forum.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Didn't the knicks pick up his option just to amnesty him chief?

Walsh picked up his option. Walsh left. Grunwald amnestied him to sign Chandler.

Picking up his option is irrelevant to this discussion, he was amnestied for a reason, that reason was to clear cap to sign Chandler. You said he was amnestied for no reason. That is false.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:18 PM
So let me get this straight, Gibson was signed for close to 10M per year on 2012 when he showed no signs of being a starter?

bbcmillionaire
07-27-2014, 04:19 PM
well my friend you are very wrong:facepalm:

Lol hey Knicks fan here you go
http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/eastseries7/

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:19 PM
So let me get this straight, Gibson was signed for close to 10M per year on 2012 when he showed no signs of being a starter?

He's getting paid 7???

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:26 PM
He's getting paid 7???

Yikes I stand corrected...that's too much for a role player

east fb knicks
07-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Lol hey Knicks fan here you go
http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/eastseries7/

lmao I know :hide: I googled it

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:35 PM

But to answer your question the answer is no or else we wouldn't have signed gasol

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:45 PM
But to answer your question the answer is no or else we wouldn't have signed gasol

You signed Gasol because you were desperate for a scoring punch and struck out on Melo. Not because you needed an upgrade at PF.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Either way, this is all hogwash stemming from me saying Reinsdorf is notoriously cheap and refuses to pay luxury tax to get his team over the hump.

Are you disagreeing with this statement?

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Either way, this is all hogwash stemming from me saying Reinsdorf is notoriously cheap and refuses to pay luxury tax to get his team over the hump.

I'm a Bulls fan and if there was a possibility to agree with you 150% I would. I'm watching a team like Miami in 2010 sign three guys to max deals or damn near close to that and surround them with veteran talent on the cheap. It's why Riles is a basketball genius and Phil may very well do that with the Knicks in time.

effen5
07-27-2014, 04:58 PM

Again what moves are out there to get them over the hump? It doesn't make sense to pay luxury tax unless there are legit moves out there to make them truly a contender.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and if there was a possibility to agree with you 150% I would. I'm watching a team like Miami in 2010 sign three guys to max deals or damn near close to that and surround them with veteran talent on the cheap. It's why Riles is a basketball genius and Phil may very well do that with the Knicks in time.

Reminds me of the PHX team that was on the brink of greatness but ownership wouldn't do what was necessary to get them over the hump. Bulls were a 60 win team on the brink and ownership slowly but surely kept making small but impactful cost cutting measures.

All I'm saying is that there are many question marks and many reasons to be weary of a long term commitment with that current franchise. Will ownership do everything necessary (paying lux tax) to build a contender or will they be content being a great regular season team and selling a ton of tickets and Melo jerseys? What the hell is Rose going to look like? Noah's recurring foot problems? People act like Knicks are guaranteed failure and Bulls are guaranteed success over the next 5 years. Thats simply not true, theres reasons to be weary of both, theres reason to be confident you can win with both.

Melo obviously likes money but if money was equal I still think he stays in NY, and I think being confident Phil can build a contender is one of biggest reasons for that.

DaBear
07-27-2014, 05:10 PM

:laugh:

The Knicks are a joke.

DaBear
07-27-2014, 05:13 PM

Even without Jordan, the Bulls have still been a better organization than the Knicks. Bulls > Knicks always. It's just how its been and how it's going to be. Deal with it.

DaBear
07-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I just want Knicks fans to answer this question with honesty:

Who gives Melo a better shot at winning a ring? The Bulls or Knicks?

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Again what moves are out there to get them over the hump? It doesn't make sense to pay luxury tax unless there are legit moves out there to make them truly a contender.

Look at the money he spends on the White Sox. Than look at the money he spends on the Bulls. Bulls will always be #2 in his eyes and this is widely publicized and recognized. He's only payed the lux tax once in his life, he dismantled the best bench in the NBA 2 years ago to save money. I am not sure why you are even attempting to argue that he is one of the cheapest owners in this league. This is as close to a fact as you can get it.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:19 PM

Tomorrow? The Bulls. Long term? There is absolutely no way of knowing that yet.

There are reasons to be optimistic of both, there are reasons to be weary of both.

Linkels
07-27-2014, 05:24 PM

Think it is pretty obvious it is the Knicks. They are going to be a force. While the Bulls just refuse to pay the tax they will miss the playoffs once again showing money obviously buys you getting into the playoffs. Great example how it is done is the Knicks.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Think it is pretty obvious it is the Knicks. They are going to be a force. While the Bulls just refuse to pay the tax they will miss the playoffs once again showing money obviously buys you getting into the playoffs. Great example how it is done is the Knicks.

The idea that the Bulls are a guaranteed championship powerhouse over the next 5 years is false. The idea that the Knicks are guaranteed 5 year failure is also false. Bulls top 2 players have extensive injury history and their owner values cost cutting over winning. Knicks have a roster in flux but offer hope in the form of cap space and a vision being sold by a guy with 13 rings.

Bulls have plenty of question marks. Knicks have plenty of question marks.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:40 PM
And if you don't think players place a ton of value on ownership willing to go deep in to the tax and do whatever it takes to win you are sadly mistaken. Owners have reps just like players do. Bulls owner has the rep of a guy who is cheap and treats the Bulls as the red headed step child to his beloved White Sox.

samcurrie13
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
yep

samcurrie13
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
hes awesome

DaBear
07-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Tomorrow? The Bulls. Long term? There is absolutely no way of knowing that yet.

There are reasons to be optimistic of both, there are reasons to be weary of both.

I think everyone can agree that in the next 5 years, which is probably all Melo has left as far as good years, the Bulls will still be a solid team with Thibs at the helm whereas the Knicks are still a ?. To say you don't know, that's true for the Knicks. What have we learned in the Thibs era? We're going to compete no matter what. With no Rose, with no Deng, we will still be there. Sure, the Knicks can only hope that some big FA's hit the market and then sign with them, but that's a little bit more of a stretch than the Bulls just falling off the map.

samcurrie13
07-27-2014, 05:46 PM
hahahaa

DaBear
07-27-2014, 05:54 PM
And if you don't think players place a ton of value on ownership willing to go deep in to the tax and do whatever it takes to win you are sadly mistaken. Owners have reps just like players do. Bulls owner has the rep of a guy who is cheap and treats the Bulls as the red headed step child to his beloved White Sox.

I think you're sadly mistaken if you don't think $ was the #1 reason Melo returned to NY. Everyone knows it and Knicks homers continue to beat around the bush.

There is no logical reason why Reinsdorf would avoid going into the luxury tax if the Bulls had a serious shot of winning the title. Tell me, would it be smart to do that when our star player has been out the last two years? Any smart owner would do the same thing he did. You don't win in the NBA by spending outrageously on average players. Just take a look at the Knicks.

mjt20mik
07-27-2014, 05:56 PM
lol.. he wanted the money lets be real.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:57 PM
I think everyone can agree that in the next 5 years, which is probably all Melo has left as far as good years, the Bulls will still be a solid team with Thibs at the helm whereas the Knicks are still a ?. To say you don't know, that's true for the Knicks. What have we learned in the Thibs era? We're going to compete no matter what. With no Rose, with no Deng, we will still be there. Sure, the Knicks can only hope that some big FA's hit the market and then sign with them, but that's a little bit more of a stretch than the Bulls just falling off the map.

I think the Knicks have higher "boom" potential whereas the Bulls are what they are - a hard working team that is gonna compete no matter what exactly as you said. Knicks have a new regime led by a guy with 13 rings, an owner willing to pay 100s of millions in luxury tax and flexibility to acquire a superstar for Melo to help recruit. They are more of a question mark yes, but the lack of question mark around the steady Bulls pretty much illustrates "they are what they are". And their two best players have MAJOR injury concerns. One hasn't played in 2 years and the other misses 20 games a year with plantar fascitis. So there is definitely legitimate question marks there.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 05:58 PM
I think you're sadly mistaken if you don't think $ was the #1 reason Melo returned to NY. Everyone knows it and Knicks homers continue to beat around the bush.

There is no logical reason why Reinsdorf would avoid going into the luxury tax if the Bulls had a serious shot of winning the title. Tell me, would it be smart to do that when our star player has been out the last two years? Any smart owner would do the same thing he did. You don't win in the NBA by spending outrageously on average players. Just take a look at the Knicks.

I'm talking his entire resume as Bulls owner. Not the last 2 seasons.

I think Melo stays in NY even if Bulls had the same monetary offer.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
I think an eclectic mix of money, faith in Jackson and the new regime, and NYC are the reasons Melo stayed.

D-Leethal
07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Bulls fans hype up their franchise like no other by why on Earth does it seem like nobody ever wants to play there?

DaBear
07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
I think the Knicks have higher "boom" potential whereas the Bulls are what they are - a hard working team that is gonna compete no matter what exactly as you said. Knicks have a new regime led by a guy with 13 rings, an owner willing to pay 100s of millions in luxury tax and flexibility to acquire a superstar for Melo to help recruit. They are more of a question mark yes, but the lack of question mark around the steady Bulls pretty much illustrates "they are what they are". And their two best players have MAJOR injury concerns. One hasn't played in 2 years and the other misses 20 games a year with plantar fascitis. So there is definitely legitimate question marks there.

Phil Jackson has never been in a messy situation as this. And we'll see how his coaching success will translate to running operations. Still, I'm going to have to disagree with the higher BOOM potential. I could just as easily say if Rose returns to MVP form with the pieces we've added, we will be a major player in not just the East, but the league. There are too many things that have to go the Knicks way in the next few years to put them over the top.

Also, let's not forget Phil had Jordan and Kobe, two of the greatest players of their generations. That made his job much easier.

DaBear
07-27-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm talking his entire resume as Bulls owner. Not the last 2 seasons.

I think Melo stays in NY even if Bulls had the same monetary offer.

If that's true, then he's simply not in it to win it.