PDA

View Full Version : Dwight's 'leadership' rubbing off on James Harden

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 10:07 PM
When Dwight was traded from Orlando to the Lakers, this is what he had to say about his previous team.

“And I always tell people: Hey, my team in Orlando was a team full of people who nobody wanted, and I was the leader and I led that team with a smile on my face.”

After Parsons left for Dallas, this was Dwight's response:

It won't affect us at all.

And now, James Harden recently came out to say this about the loss of Asik, Lin and Parsons:

“Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

What do you make of this?

Dwight's Orlando comments from 2 yrs ago and Harden's recent comments are awfully similar.

This is Parsons' response to Harden:

“That’s a pretty ridiculous statement if he meant that. That’s one of the reasons why I wanted to go to Dallas. I’m ready for the next step. I’m ready for a bigger role and I’m ready for more leadership. If anyone should understand that, it should be James because he was in the same situation in Oklahoma City then he got his chance to come to Houston and shine.”

goingfor28
07-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Adorable

bucketss
07-24-2014, 10:13 PM
what a douchebag.

Vampirate
07-24-2014, 10:15 PM
While Harden is right in saying he and Dwight are the cornerstones, what a way to trivialize your teammates.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 10:16 PM
They are both douchebags.. Hard to see this team making it to the playoffs if they keep acting like this. Bunch of locker room troubles. Must be perfect for Dwight and Harden since they'll both stay up at night gossiping about other players. Parsons was a role player...? He played better than Harden in the playoffs..

ThuglifeJ
07-24-2014, 10:17 PM
didnt we have this thread did it get closed?

Alayla
07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
While Harden is right in saying he and Dwight are the cornerstones, what a way to trivialize your teammates.

pretty much

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Guys, as much as we crucify Bron and Kobe, those guys know that they couldn't win their chips without the role players play both regular season and especially playoffs and finals.

Funny how with the exception of 1 game, Harden put up role player numbers against the Blazers in the playoffs.

Alayla
07-24-2014, 10:19 PM
They are both douchebags.. Hard to see this team making it to the playoffs if they keep acting like this. Bunch of locker room troubles. Must be perfect for Dwight and Harden since they'll both stay up at night gossiping about other players. Parsons was a role player...? He played better than Harden in the playoffs..

What else would you consider him?

P&GRealist
I cannot wait for a 4 seed Mavs 5 seed Rockets first round matchup with the Rockets on the end of a sweep.

bulls_world23
What if Durant and Westbrook said that after he left OKC. How would he feel? Can't stand cocky players

seikou8
07-24-2014, 10:20 PM
we will see if they back it up or not there comments aren't the politically correct but they will held to it now, watch everyone overreacted to these comments its not that big of a deal especially what harden said some of what he is said is the truth

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 10:22 PM
What if Durant and Westbrook said that after he left OKC. How would he feel? Can't stand cocky players

Funny you bring that up. This was Parsons' response to Harden's comments:

“That’s a pretty ridiculous statement if he meant that. That’s one of the reasons why I wanted to go to Dallas. I’m ready for the next step. I’m ready for a bigger role and I’m ready for more leadership. If anyone should understand that, it should be James because he was in the same situation in Oklahoma City then he got his chance to come to Houston and shine.”

Verbal Christ
07-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Chill lil pants. We're talking basketball related news. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's not thread worthy.

Why not just keep piling on in the other I HATE DWIGHT thread? Hey guess what soggy bottoms, Dwight just took a wicked growler ... start a thread about that. LOL

SPURSFAN1
07-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Why not just keep piling on in the other I HATE DWIGHT thread? Hey guess what soggy bottoms, Dwight just took a wicked growler ... start a thread about that. LOL

I just might.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Anyone read Phil Jackson's book "11 Rings"

Rockets are definitely a Stage 3 team, they need to work on getting to Stage 4.

jimm120
07-24-2014, 10:39 PM
He's not wrong.

the problem is the wording. If he worded it as, "Dwight and I are the cornerstones and everybody else will have to step up in their roles, including ourselves, with the loss of these players."

Everybody has a role and its now the role of other players to step up and fill the holes Parsons, Asik, and Lin made.

jimm120
07-24-2014, 10:40 PM
I DO gotta say, you didn't put in the full quote for Dwight. Dwight's response was, "we still have the best C and SG". he's saying that they'll overcome.

That quote, fully, isn't that bad.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Parsons is more than a replaceable player. He was the second best player for them in the playoffs and he just received a $15 million contract. To say he was a role player was simply disrespectful.

Basically what Harden said:

Me and Howard own this team and everyone else are just there to fill the roster up.

Good luck convincing your teammates to pass you the ball. This has to rub someone off bad.

Saddletramp
07-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Chill lil pants. We're talking basketball related news. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's not thread worthy.

This was already a thread. Then it got closed because some people literally have nothing better to do than to troll the Rockets. All this hate is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

And Parsons comparing himself to Harden? Heh.

Verbal Christ
07-24-2014, 10:44 PM

STAGE 1 — shared by most street gangs and characterized by despair, hostility, and the collective belief that "life sucks."

STAGE 2 — filled primarily with apathetic people who perceive themselves as victims and who are passively antagonistic, with the mind-set that "my life sucks." Think The Office on TV or the Dilbert comic strip.

STAGE 3 — focused primarily on individual achievement and driven by the motto "I'm great (and you're not)." According to the authors, people in organizations at this stage "have to win, and for them winning is personal. They'll outwork and outthink their competitors on an individual basis. The mood that results is a collection of “lone warriors."

STAGE 4 — dedicated to tribal pride and the overriding conviction that "we're great (and they're not)." This kind of team requires a strong adversary, and the bigger the foe, the more powerful the tribe.

STAGE 5 — a rare stage characterized by a sense of innocent wonder and the strong belief that "life is great." (See Bulls, Chicago, 1995–98.)

http://www.culturesync.net/phil-jackson-and-tribal-leadership/

At least this guy is using a sensical approach. I don't disagree. Welcome relief to the 'I Hate Houston ... because ... ummmmmm because yeah Dwight is a baby and Harden is a flopper .. that's why I hate them .... Right guys? Who's with me?

LOL

pcord901
07-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Now is time to Parsons to prove that he is in the same page with him. First things first!! Parsons is now pay like a star, then proved now that you worth this money. The other real reason (not money) that he sign with the Mavs is because he knows that Dirk's days are count in Mav's uniform, in a couple of years he will have the chance to be the face of a franchise a thing that in Houston will never happen with Harden and Howard. Now you said that Harden is taking lessons with Dwight, Parson's also takes lessons but with another teacher Royce White the melodrama twitter Queen.

He also need to has his mouth closed, he is making a big deal because the Rockets don't match his nasty contract. This contract was the right decision for him (money wise) for the Rockets not matching was the right decision also. The Rockets want him on the team that is why they made him a RFA but a their price not Chandler's.

Ariza's Better
07-24-2014, 10:49 PM
In fairness jeremy Lin agreed with Harden's comments. Harden should of just worded it better.

Shlumpledink
07-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Harden is overrating himself if he thinks he will be fine no matter who is around him and Dwight. Didn't work last year, maybe it is going to take more than just "pieces that complete our team"

FOBolous
07-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Judging by how Parsons backstabbed the Rockets, I don't blame Harden and Howard for reacting the way they are. The Rockets could've kept Parsons on his rookie contract and allow Parsons to be grossly underpaid for another year. Instead, they allowed Parsons to become a RFA so he can get the pay he deserves. all he has to do is wait for the rockets to sign another star before he signs any offer sheets from any teams. However, instead of sticking to the arrangement, Parsons signed an offer sheet with a rival team BEFORE Houston could sign another star and played a key role in the Rockets' disastrous off season.

FOBolous
07-24-2014, 10:59 PM
In fairness jeremy Lin agreed with Harden's comments. Harden should of just worded it better.

what did Lin say?

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 11:02 PM
How dare harden. He and Dwight are doo doo.

Parsons is worth 15 mil.

Rockets need to be removed from the league. They suck.

No athlete is arrogant. Just james harden. He's lucky he has a cool beard and can score a lot of points at a higher rate than most ppl. :rolleyes:

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 11:06 PM
what did Lin say?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/07/chandler-parsons-calls-james-hardens-comments-ridiculous/#24999101=0&25047103=0

"I agree with his statement,” Lin said during his introductory press conference with the Lakers. “Those two are the cornerstones. They have lost other players and they’re going to get other players and they’re going to be a good team. I know who James is as a person. I’ve spoken to him since I’ve been traded. He didn’t mean anything in a derogatory or condescending way. I don’t think it’s a secret that him and Dwight are the cornerstones of the Houston Rockets.”

Verbal Christ
07-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Everyone just keeps spewing "Harden and Howard sure think highly of themselves ... didn't work ... huh huh DERP" .... I mean Howard coming back from injury and on a minimum touch/shoot rate had a great year. 18/13? Harden 5th in the league scoring ... one of the most efficient point getters there are. People are just mad, some of them don't even know why. Because Harden and Howard are supposed to be some kind of role models and Houston should run their business more nicely and treat their players better boo hooo. There is a reason why the ROX are one of the few profitable NBA franchises.

They've come a long way since being hamstrung by the Yao/TMac injury disaster, from being the most 'likeable' and 'best team in the lottery' to the most polarized mediocre team ever? LOL I'll take it. No more patronizing, now the pure emotions come out and everyone can see who's were, its fun.

goingfor28
07-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Judging by how Parsons backstabbed the Rockets, I don't blame Harden and Howard for reacting the way they are. The Rockets could've kept Parsons on his rookie contract and allow Parsons to be grossly underpaid for another year. Instead, they allowed Parsons to become a RFA so he can get the pay he deserves. all he has to do is wait for the rockets to sign another star before he signs any offer sheets from any teams. However, instead of sticking to the arrangement, Parsons signed an offer sheet with a rival team BEFORE Houston could sign another star and played a key role in the Rockets' disastrous off season.
Why the fk should he have waited? Oh ok houston you didn't get lbj melo or bosh, I'm your 4th choice? Sure let me just wait it out and risk other teams spending money elsewhere instead of getting what I can. Gtfoh

Verbal Christ
07-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Why the fk should he have waited? Oh ok houston you didn't get lbj melo or bosh, I'm your 4th choice? Sure let me just wait it out and risk other teams spending money elsewhere instead of getting what I can. Gtfoh

And yet the Rockets are the ones who look bad for not resigning him? What are you implying that Parsons is somehow equal to LBJ,Melo or Bosh? Good for him he took his money and ran, its the Amercian way, no big deal. He signed his deal at the very minute he could, hell he was in a nighclub with Cuban and did it at the stroke of midnight if Im not mistaken, and then posted the pics on the Net with their big ol' sloppy grins. Don't make it seem like Parsons is somehow immune to criticism he didn't come out completely clean. He got his money good for him again, but it should be fun watching him earn it.

*Superman*
07-24-2014, 11:51 PM
He's not wrong.

the problem is the wording. If he worded it as, "Dwight and I are the cornerstones and everybody else will have to step up in their roles, including ourselves, with the loss of these players."

Everybody has a role and its now the role of other players to step up and fill the holes Parsons, Asik, and Lin made.

This. Obviously Dwight and Harden have to be the leaders, but the way he worded it and just calls them role players and even worse IMO, "pieces" is going to rub people the wrong way. He's almost discrediting their value to the team and saying they are replaceable, I'd be upset if my teammate was saying that about me.

moshy2
07-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Wow all the Rockets need is a big injury and it's been about as bad of an offseason as you could imagine. Lose out on the big names, lose your own players, then this. I don't think this will turn out to be a big problem, but it's still not what you want to see. The Rockets are still a strong team but it's been a step back this offseason. I'm also becoming a Chandler Parsons fan

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-25-2014, 12:02 AM
what a douchebag.

Hey we agree :cheers:

Saddletramp
07-25-2014, 12:16 AM

If you've been following the situation and been reading all the posts and threads about the whole "Parsons leaving the Rockets" situation then you've heard the story countless times. If you need a refresher, then go back and re-read what has already been said. Otherwise, if you don't know what you're talking about stop talking about the situation. It will save everybody's time, including yours.

goingfor28
07-25-2014, 12:48 AM
If you've been following the situation and been reading all the posts and threads about the whole "Parsons leaving the Rockets" situation then you've heard the story countless times. If you need a refresher, then go back and re-read what has already been said. Otherwise, if you don't know what you're talking about stop talking about the situation. It will save everybody's time, including yours.
Don't tell me what to do
Someone said parsons stabbed them in the back, which is a crock of ****

Laker Legend42
07-25-2014, 12:50 AM
He's not wrong.

He may be right but should he say it? At the end of the day every player on the team has a "role" therefore making them all role players. If there's that separation between Howard,harden and the rest of the team they are gonna have problems. It won't be long before those two are arguing over who's team it is. The years between Shaquille/Kobe and Kobe/pau was probably Kobe at his worse and he never said anything like that..........he just wouldn't give smush and those guys the ball.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2014, 12:56 AM
I never heard Kobe and Shaq publicly pompously trivialize their supporting cast like this and they actually WERE the best 1-2 punch in the game. That's what enabled the D Fish, Horry, B Shaws of the world to step up because they were valued.

But it is what it is. I'm not going to judge them based off the honeymoon season, but now it's time to back up all this big talk...

0nekhmer
07-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Damn i never read the first quote from Dwight leaving Orlando before. "i was the leader of a team full of players nobody wanted" how the **** do you throw your team under a bus like that?

And now James harden talking big? A real leader doesn't need to proclaim himself one to this degree, all while degrading your teammates morality.

Hellcrooner
07-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Remember when Duncan threw his teamates under the bus like this?

oh wait.

he didnt.

Thats why Duncan is a top 10 player ever and these two will never see a conference finals if they dont get a third star.

:D

FlashBolt
07-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Dwight+Harden are overrating themselves.. Glorified playoff underperformers tbh. Neither of them will ever win a ring if this is their way of showing leadership. As a player, being called a role player is an insult no matter who you are... Especially when you have to play with the people who called you a replaceable role player for an entire season.. "Pass me the ball." Yeah, right...

kingsdelez24
07-25-2014, 01:26 AM

I must read this now

BKLYNpigeon
07-25-2014, 01:40 AM
you guys read way to much into this stuff.

you probably should keep this to yourself, but Dwight is actually right.

KINGOFSPORTS
07-25-2014, 01:54 AM
If Harden and Dwight are the cornerstones of your team then you aren't in a very good position.

Both have glaring weaknesses in their games and apparently are both quite selfish and brash teammates

Good Luck with that !

Losing a great shooter like Parsons will have a huge effect on their team

Saddletramp
07-25-2014, 02:06 AM

oh wait.

he didnt.

Thats why Duncan is a top 10 player ever and these two will never see a conference finals if they dont get a third star.

I'd put more of the onus on Popavich and the system, plus playing with guys like Robinson, Parker and Ginobilli. Also, being a dick doesn't preclude you from being one of the best at your job, in fact, it usually helps to have a scathing edge.

Redrum187
07-25-2014, 02:14 AM
If I'm the "role players", I'd be more upset at the lack of quality "cornerstones" and their ultimate shortcomings in the playoffs more so than being called "pieces" or "role players" by one of them.

I think even Houston fans (the rational ones) can agree that he was trivializing his teammates (with the exception of Dwight).

Clippersfan86
07-25-2014, 02:58 AM
It seems ridiculous for a mod to close a thread due to "piling on the Rockets" when it's an actual basketball topic that's going around and that hoops junkies want to discuss. Mods: I know you do the best you can around here and keep the place clean... but there are many other threads that have been more inflammatory than this that stay open.

AIRMAR72
07-25-2014, 05:51 AM
[QUOTE=P&GRealist;28840524]When Dwight was graded from Orlando to the Lakers, this is what he had to say about his previous team.

After Parsons left for Dallas, this was Dwight's response:

And now, James Harden recently came out to say this about the loss of Asik, Lin and Parsons:

What do you make of this?

Dwight's Orlando comments from 2 yrs ago and Harden's recent comments are awfully similar.

This is Parsons' response to Harden:[/QUOTE Rockets management will regret the POOR decision not signing Parsons the man has been instrumental in every victory

archdevil84
07-25-2014, 06:33 AM
god i hate james harden SO much. he's such an arrogant piece of **** who does NOTHING but hog the ball and stand ball watching on defense. Also his beard is fcking ugly which annoys me to hell when i have to watch him play vs the heat

archdevil84
07-25-2014, 06:34 AM
no hard feelings for dwight though ;)

P&GRealist
07-25-2014, 06:48 AM

oh wait.

he didnt.

Here here! :cheers:

Ariza's Better
07-25-2014, 07:11 AM
It seems ridiculous for a mod to close a thread due to "piling on the Rockets" when it's an actual basketball topic that's going around and that hoops junkies want to discuss. Mods: I know you do the best you can around here and keep the place clean... but there are many other threads that have been more inflammatory than this that stay open.
My only small gripe with the old thread and this one is the title's of the threads. Both don't say anything about the story and come off as being trolls.

clutchfan
07-25-2014, 08:04 AM
If Harden and Dwight are the cornerstones of your team then you aren't in a very good position.

Both have glaring weaknesses in their games and apparently are both quite selfish and brash teammates

Good Luck with that !

Losing a great shooter like Parsons will have a huge effect on their team

"Never go full ******"
-Kirk Lazarus

clutchfan
07-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Troy Daniels
"[Harden] is absolutely correct. We're role players, and our job is to accept our roles."

Chandler couldn't accept that he's not an star player and is in for a rude awakening (especially once dirk retires).

15 mil for a guy that cant create his own shot or play defense? I'll pass.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-25-2014, 08:41 AM

I must read this now

I recommend it. Its little spiritual, but interesting nonetheless.

PurpleLynch
07-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Really? Way to start a season.

Plus one needs to learn how to score,while the other one has yet to understand the basics of defense.
They are both cornerstones for Houston,I agree with that. And that's not the best case scenario right now.

Munkeysuit
07-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Dwight's a leader? NOW this is NEWS!

tr3ymill3r
07-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Why are guys punished and destroyed by trolls for telling the truth? Would we prefer that Dwight and James come out and say that Pat Beverley and TJones are all stars and Trevor Ariza is a borer line superstar? Seems as if some people only want our athletes to be truthful when it's convenient.

PurpleLynch
07-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Why are guys punished and destroyed by trolls for telling the truth? Would we prefer that Dwight and James come out and say that Pat Beverley and TJones are all stars and Trevor Ariza is a borer line superstar? Seems as if some people only want our athletes to be truthful when it's convenient.

Ahaha it's not like Howard and Harden play doubles at tennis. They need all the players they can. And saying that they're the best in the team(and so they are entitled to do whatever they want,that's the message) could be a bad move for their teammates.Did you ever seen Mj&Pippen or Kobe&Shaq or Magic/Kareem or Stockton/Malone or any other great duo of the Nba saying that they are the best in their team and that their teammates are role players that have a specific role? Even if it is the truth,it's a dumbass move to keep glued a team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ielPxtRj1s

That's how you talk with role players or scrubs. You talk to them like normal players. A bit of authority if you are the best,but nothing else.

Crackadalic
07-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Houston just can't get a break this offseason

UnWantedTheory
07-25-2014, 09:49 AM

I don't have a problem with the truth, but it wasn't necessary to say. If anyone can't see that this is disrespectful & demeaning in some way than they are just being absurd. If they were true leaders they wouldn't feel the need to express themselves like this despite it being the truth. They truly & constantly show poor leadership skills imo.

Also the person blaming Parsons for the horrible offseason needs to grow up. I am an all Texas fan, but Houston dropped the ball hard this summer. There is no way they are as talented as last year & they couldn't get it done then. The losses suffered will definitely effect them. Not sure how anyone could argue with that thus far. Either way I truly don't think Dwight & Harden will be able to get it done without another star but they are still just young enough to prove me wrong.

YAALREADYKNO
07-25-2014, 10:29 AM
someone should tell him to step up his game in the playoffs before talkin lol 29% from 3 and 37% shooting from the field in this yrs playoffs against portland and he's supposed to be the best SG in the NBA right now?

JNA17
07-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Harden hardly has any room to talk considering how much of a failure he is in the playoffs. Especially since Parsons was probably there best player in that series lol.

astonmartin10
07-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Not a big deal but they shouldn't be saying things like this. Lebron figured out the hard way that you need players to adjust to their roles and players to step up when needed eg: Spurs

Chi StateOfMind
07-25-2014, 11:32 AM
How cute of Harden to respond , unlike him to get so defensive...

JAZZNC
07-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Parsons is more than a replaceable player. He was the second best player for them in the playoffs and he just received a $15 million contract. To say he was a role player was simply disrespectful.

Basically what Harden said:

Me and Howard own this team and everyone else are just there to fill the roster up.

Good luck convincing your teammates to pass you the ball. This has to rub someone off bad.

If Howard and Harden are rubbing people off damn the Rockets have more problems that we thought! :rimshot:

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not a Rockets fan. A mental midget (Howard, that dude is a clown) and a magician (Harden loves to pull his disappearing acts on the biggest stage) are the leaders of your team.....going nowhere. And both think their **** doesn't stink.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2014, 11:46 AM
The more I hear the more I hope McHale finds his way up out of there soon. He's actually a pretty good coach and with another mediocre season there's going to be a whole lot of finger pointing going on.

ThuglifeJ
07-25-2014, 11:50 AM
god i hate james harden SO much. he's such an arrogant piece of **** who does NOTHING but hog the ball and stand ball watching on defense. Also his beard is fcking ugly which annoys me to hell when i have to watch him play vs the heat

Lol don't forget his consistent head snapping/flopping to make things worse. You might have just got used to that with James/wade tho.. Harden is worse I'll give you that though

Just an all around piece of **** really. How can a player exist like him..

worst defender in league, worst flopper in league, extremely unprofessional, constantly looks for fouls and is slow as ****..
Sickening

KINGOFSPORTS
07-25-2014, 12:27 PM
I've got a feeling that Dwight and Harden aren't making a lot of buddies in the NBA nowadays

Good Luck filling out that team!

SPURSFAN1
07-25-2014, 12:34 PM
I wonder if Harden is going to show up for the 2015 playoffs?

SPURSFAN1
07-25-2014, 12:42 PM
I call some guy "lil pants" and get deleted, but some guy calls me "soggy bottoms" and doesn't get deleted? haahahahah the hypocrisy.

Gibby23
07-25-2014, 12:49 PM
And yet the Rockets are the ones who look bad for not resigning him? What are you implying that Parsons is somehow equal to LBJ,Melo or Bosh? Good for him he took his money and ran, its the Amercian way, no big deal. He signed his deal at the very minute he could, hell he was in a nighclub with Cuban and did it at the stroke of midnight if Im not mistaken, and then posted the pics on the Net with their big ol' sloppy grins. Don't make it seem like Parsons is somehow immune to criticism he didn't come out completely clean. He got his money good for him again, but it should be fun watching him earn it.

What should have he done? Wait a few days and risk the money drying up from the teams that had interest in him? Dallas would have moved on the Stephenson. Wait for the rockest to dump contracts, get worse, and not land Melo or Bosh? The Rockets could have matched if they wanted him, they didn't. The Rockets shouldn't have made him a FA in the 1st place.

clutchfan
07-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Harden hardly has any room to talk considering how much of a failure he is in the playoffs. Especially since Parsons was probably there best player in that series lol.

Dwight was by far the best rocket in that series. If anything parson was the worst(got his *** lit up by Batum).

Gibby23
07-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Troy Daniels
"[Harden] is absolutely correct. We're role players, and our job is to accept our roles."

Chandler couldn't accept that he's not an star player and is in for a rude awakening (especially once dirk retires).

Troy Daniels is no Chandler Parsons

Gibby23
07-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Dwight was by far the best rocket in that series. If anything parson was the worst(got his *** lit up by Batum).

Yup, even though Parsons outplayed Batum and averaged 19, 2 and 6 while playing 41 min a game

Gene2420
07-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Well, it's true. But it's really pompous to say it.

Shkelqim
07-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Its all about culture, i work in a team environment, I am considered the star; in which you have the leadership role, the best part is putting people in position of success, so role players have a skill set that you dont have. Getting 3 pt shooters, getting blockers, getting defensive players. Getting leaders who understand their roles. Stars are important but Role Players give you championships, its 5 on 5 not 2 on 5. Basically saying every players needs the same treatment from management, we know stars dont come out of no where but selfish stars are useless players in my opinion.

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 01:10 PM
i really don't know why this is a controversy. it's pretty much been established that, in the NBA, a team either have stars or role players. and teams built around the stars with role players that fits. that's why the term "role players" exists. fans know it. teams know it. players know it. the media knows it and broadcast it. Harden stated the obvious and was just telling reporters why losing Parsons is not the "end of the world" for the Rockets. i mean...is Harden wrong? is he lying?

if any role players are upset at these comments...they're either 1. in denial or 2. overly-sensitive. i mean, you are what you are. i'm a supervisor at my workplace and if my boss comes up to me and be like "hey, you're entry level management. i'm senior management. i'm more important"...i'll be like "ok..? and?" i wont be sensitive about it and cry to everyone that i see. why? because it's the truth.

ThuglifeJ
07-25-2014, 01:15 PM

You're just being delusional now. Harden was the worst by a landslide. Lin had his rough moments too

clutchfan
07-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Yup, even though Parsons outplayed Batum and averaged 19, 2 and 6 while playing 41 min a game

You obviously didn't watch the Rocket and Blazers series if you think Parsons outplayed Batum. No use of you even chiming in or me arguing with you for that matter.

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 01:21 PM

this.

Troy Daniels

and this.

and if Parsons wanted to be look at as more than just a "role player," maybe he should've played better: SBnation: James Harden is right about Chandler Parsons (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/25/5936329/james-harden-chandler-parsons-feud-rockets-mavericks)

The two players most responsible for getting the Houston Rockets into a top-four seed in the West last season were James Harden and Dwight Howard. No one would dispute that. So when Harden says, as he did in the Philippines this week, that ...

"Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets," said Harden. "The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We've lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we'll be fine next season."

... he's simply speaking obvious truths. Chandler Parsons, the most aggrieved $46 million player ever, would like everyone to believe he's on equal footing with Harden and Howard, but that's wishful thinking. Parsons was a nice offensive complement to the style of Harden and he fit well in the system on one side of the ball. He was a role player, albeit one with a pretty large role. He was in no way the straw that stirred Houston's drink.

Seriously, why is Parsons so hurt by this?

Parsons on Harden: "It's a pretty ridiculous statement, if he meant that. I'm excited to go to DAL. I'm ready for next step, a bigger role."

— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) July 24, 2014

No one is going to take away your $14.7 million salary next season if Harden keeps talking. At least one team believes deeply in your ability to be more than a role player, because it reached out to make you the team's second-highest paid player ($146,000 behind Tyson Chandler). Your current team is treating you like the star you believe yourself to be. Why bother trying to battle Harden and Howard for the right to write The Official Oral History Of A Team That Lost In The First Round?

On the Rockets, Parsons really was a glorified role player. He was basically a mid-rung scorer/shooter and secondary playmaker, equivalent to the Houston version of Kevin Martin, but with less scoring/driving ability and more passing. Neither played defense well. Parsons' size is often lauded, but he doesn't actually do anything with it other than shoot over defenders. He's a poor rebounder at small forward despite being 6'9, and he's nearly as bad a defender as Harden. One assumes Rick Carlisle will work hard to fix that; there's little doubt that playing alongside a turnstile superstar in Harden set Parsons back a bit. (That said, Dallas' defense was poor last season, and Parsons' new running mate Monta Ellis isn't exactly the second coming of Dennis Johnson out there.)

Parsons is an elite shooter? No, not really. Some 56 players have played at least 2,000 minutes over the past two seasons while averaging at least four three-point attempts per game. Among them, Parsons ranks No. 25 in three-point percentage. That places him behind a litany of stars and also O.J. Mayo, C.J. Miles, Jodie Meeks and Parsons' own cheaper Rockets replacement, Trevor Ariza.

Parsons is a great scorer? He ranked No. 43 in points per game last season, which is great for a third banana. More importantly for a supplemental scorer, among the 58 players who averaged at least 15 points per game, he finished No. 22 in True Shooting percentage, behind guys like Gerald Green, Isaiah Thomas and Meeks. With Harden and one of the league's better scoring big men, the Rockets didn't need points at all costs from their third banana. They needed efficient points. Parsons was basically as efficient as Nick Young last year. Nick Young.

What makes Parsons a totally intriguing option is his passing -- he averaged four assists per game, which is excellent for a small forward -- and the potential for defensive molding due to his size. The right use of his playmaking ability and massive defensive improvement could make Parsons a legit star in the NBA. But those are coulds, future opportunities. He's not there right now. Right now he's closer to being a big Jodie Meeks, who stunned the world by getting so much as $19 million over three years. Parsons will be making more than double that. And he's grousing about not getting proper credit from his old teammates?

There are free agents who have had a right to feel disrespected this offseason, like Isaiah Thomas, Eric Bledsoe and Lance Stephenson. All three are more productive than Parsons, and two of them (I.T. and Lance) are sure to be making much less than him next season. (Bledsoe's situation remains unresolved, but the Suns' reported offer is for less per year than what Parsons will make.) At this point, Parsons might want to put Harden and Howard on mute and set about changing reality by making himself into a star.

For his part, Harden ought to count his blessings that Houston went out and grabbed Ariza, who can cover The Beard's incredible defensive shortcomings much better than Parsons did.

Gibby23
07-25-2014, 01:21 PM
You obviously didn't watch the Rocket and Blazers series if you think Parsons outplayed Batum. No use of you even chiming in or me arguing with you for that matter.

I watched, but the so called “star” harden was the reason they lost.

SPURSFAN1
07-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Remember when harden was great in the finals? Me neither. Maybe Parsons can do the same.

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 01:27 PM
the only reason why this is even a controversy is because people WANT it to be. people WANT to hate the Rockets and are looking for every little excuse to do so. i mean....i still don't understand why stating the truth and explaining to reporters why losing a role player isn't the "end of the world" for the Rockets is a controversy. i'm STILL trying to wrap my head around this "controversy."

FlashBolt
07-25-2014, 01:32 PM
the only reason why this is even a controversy is because people WANT it to be. people WANT to hate the Rockets and are looking for every little excuse to do so. i mean....i still don't understand why stating the truth and explaining to reporters why losing a role player isn't the "end of the world" for the Rockets is a controversy. i'm STILL trying to wrap my head around this "controversy."

It's the way he said it. It's true but why would you go out there and simply say "Me and Howard are the best, ya'll are just here to fill up the roster"? That's just disrespectful. Not to mention Howard also said everyone in his Orlando team were basically players no one wanted..

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 01:41 PM
It's the way he said it. It's true but why would you go out there and simply say "Me and Howard are the best, ya'll are just here to fill up the roster"? That's just disrespectful. Not to mention Howard also said everyone in his Orlando team were basically players no one wanted..

he was explaining to reporters why the Rockets will still be able to compete without Parsons. it was a casual passing question and it was a casual passing answer. should he have sat down and consulted with his PR rep and Parsons for a "politically correct" response that won't offend Parsons' sensitivities? because it looks like Parsons and the people that wants to hate the Rockets are the only people that's worked up about it. it is what it is no matter how you look at it. and if Parsons wanted to be remembered as more than just a role player, he should've played better.

here is what Troy Daniel said about what Harden said:

and if you want to say Daniels is only saying that because he's still on the team, this is what Lin thinks when asked about what Harden said:

"It didn't affect me at all. I agree with his statements. Those two are the cornerstones. They have lost other players and they're going to get other players and they're going to be a good team. I know who James is as a person and I've spoken to him since I've been traded. He didn't mean it in any derogatory or condescending way, I don't think it's a secret that he and Dwight are the cornerstones of the Houston Rockets."

SPURSFAN1
07-25-2014, 01:50 PM
he was explaining to reporters why the Rockets will still be able to compete without Parsons. it was a casual passing question and it was a casual passing answer. should he have sat down and consulted with his PR rep and Parsons for a "politically correct" response that won't offend Parsons' sensitivities? because it looks like Parsons and the people that wants to hate the Rockets are the only people that's worked up about it. it is what it is no matter how you look at it. and if Parsons wanted to be remembered as more than just a role player, he should've played better.

here is what Troy Daniel said about what Harden said:

and if you want to say Daniels is only saying that because he's still on the team, this is what Lin thinks when asked about what Harden said:

"It didn't affect me at all. I agree with his statements. Those two are the cornerstones. They have lost other players and they're going to get other players and they're going to be a good team. I know who James is as a person and I've spoken to him since I've been traded. He didn't mean it in any derogatory or condescending way, I don't think it's a secret that he and Dwight are the cornerstones of the Houston Rockets."

Surely none of those people can be biased.

S & B Bleeder
07-25-2014, 01:52 PM
someone should tell him to step up his game in the playoffs before talkin lol 29% from 3 and 37% shooting from the field in this yrs playoffs against portland and he's supposed to be the best SG in the NBA right now?

THIS.

Harden is EASILY one of the BIGGEST playoff chokers i've ever witnessed. It isnt close.

There was a point where the whole bar I was at was just laughing at how badly Harden was getting owned and outplayed by his man on BOTH ends of the floor for the entire Portland series.

Hell, name me ONE playoff series in his entire career where Harden DIDNT get completely WAXED by the other teams counterpart. JUST ONE. The guy is nothing more than bearded clown shoes. Period.

Yet he claims to be a "Star".....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chronz
07-25-2014, 01:53 PM
i really don't know why this is a controversy. it's pretty much been established that, in the NBA, a team either have stars or role players. and teams built around the stars with role players that fits. that's why the term "role players" exists. fans know it. teams know it. players know it. the media knows it and broadcast it. Harden stated the obvious and was just telling reporters why losing Parsons is not the "end of the world" for the Rockets. i mean...is Harden wrong? is he lying?

if any role players are upset at these comments...they're either 1. in denial or 2. overly-sensitive. i mean, you are what you are. i'm a supervisor at my workplace and if my boss comes up to me and be like "hey, you're entry level management. i'm senior management. i'm more important"...i'll be like "ok..? and?" i wont be sensitive about it and cry to everyone that i see. why? because it's the truth.
Its an outdated concept tho. Everyone is a role player, some may have it bigger than others but there can be role players who have such a profound impact that it actually exceeds the stars impact on his team. It depends on the makeup of the squad however, remember Battier and Tmac, after year 1 together, its arguable that Battier was more important (at least when Yao was around) than Tmac. He was so efficient on both ends, that he may as well be a fringe star. When role players are non-stats All-Stars, they have an enormous impact. I look forward to seeing the impact Parsons had.

Chronz
07-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Hell, name me ONE playoff series in his entire career where Harden DIDNT get completely WAXED by the other teams counterpart. JUST ONE. The guy is nothing more than bearded clown shoes. Period.

Sometimes I just think hes terribly inconsistent against playoff defenses. Cuz he actually had a very efficient showing vs LA and SAS in OKC's run to the Finals IIRC.

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Surely none of those people can be biased.

that's why i quoted Lin too.

SPURSFAN1
07-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Surely Lin wouldn't be the type to talk mess. He is still friends with a lot of those rocket folks.

FOBolous
07-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Surely Lin wouldn't be the type to talk mess. He is still friends with a lot of those rocket folks.

Parsons is also one of his best friends. Parsons and Lin's bromance is well documented. and he sided against Parsons.

Chronz
07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Hes not lying, but he might be underrating the importance of said role players.

MTar786
07-25-2014, 03:28 PM
harden and dwight speak like they are kobe and shaq lolol

those two as your two 'cornerstones' is like asking for 2nd round exits at best

Cal827
07-25-2014, 04:35 PM
:laugh: For a team that went as far as the Bobcats last year, they probably shouldn't be talking. This overrated team and this overrated GM better make a smarter move, or this team is bound to become the Atlanta Hawks of the West.

Also, this isn't much of a surprise. We knew Harden was an a-Hole anyways from the OKC contract offer lol

But also, Parson's not on the team anymore, so of course he's not gonna really mention him in the comments lol

Redrum187
07-25-2014, 05:48 PM

Lets run with your analogy for a minute.

Lets also put aside feelings. Would you agree that in your analogy, when your boss comes up to you and tells you "hey, you're entry level management. I'm senior management. I'm more important" that it doesn't really need to be stated? If he randomly comes up to you and words it exactly like that, wouldn't that be somewhat demeaning you? I'm not asking if you're going to cry or spray menstrual blood, I'm just asking if it's pretty douchey to say for no reason (truth or not).

A better example. Lets say you have a girlfriend. She makes love with you and she's satisfied with your abilities... you do your job pretty much. But then she tells you, "Hey, I use to date Redrum187 from PSD and he has a bigger penis than you and he f***ed me so much better than you." You wouldn't feel like that is a *****y thing to say? Not needed? Or would you stand on your high horse and preach what you've been preaching... "Well, it's the truth. Is she lying?!"

JEDean89
07-25-2014, 06:39 PM
I honestly don't think this Rockets team is going anywhere fast. They are locked into 2 max contracts for guys who can't get out of the 1st round. Daryl Morey is good at making the obvious superstar signing or trade but he has yet to prove that he knows how to build a contending roster. the west is full of teams that understand the importance of team chemistry and you aren't beating them with 2 guys and "just roleplayers". imo they will be worse next year. Ariza has never had back to back impressive seasons, Lin is gone, Asik and Parsons is gone. What other moves have they made? Team needs a 6th man, a guy who can lock down big forwards and a reliable bench. They will have cap room going forward but this is not a 55+ win team in the west next year, 1st round exits again.

TheNumber37
07-25-2014, 06:42 PM
He's absolutely right though.. They will be fine, as in the will win 50 games... Then they will lose in t he first round against the Warriors, blazers, Or grizzlies

P&GRealist
07-25-2014, 06:47 PM
What I've gathered up from the past few days is that Jeremy Lin Is cool with Harden, but he absolutely DOES NOT like Howard. In his presser yesterday, he said how he has appreciated playing with great players like Melo and Harden and now with Kobe. But no mention of Dwight.

Also, if people saw that ESPN LA Sportcenter clip, well check this out and how he reacts to a cut out cardboard standup image of Dwight, it was an 'Cribs' script:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=11262237&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

P&GRealist
07-25-2014, 06:52 PM
He's absolutely right though.. They will be fine, as in the will win 50 games... Then they will lose in t he first round against the Warriors, blazers, Or grizzlies
Or Mavs. Hell if the Lakers miraculously got into the playoffs, hell they'd take down this Houston team easily.

Boozer, Hill, Davis, Sacre and the rookie Randle would team up and bully the soft Howard.

BScott would come up with a nice team defensive scheme to make Harden into an inefficient chucker. Probably getting 30 pts on 9/26 shooting or some crap like that with his obvious automatic sissy 12-15 free throw attempts per game.

The Rockets are way worse than last yr.

Cal827
07-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Or Mavs. Hell if the Lakers miraculously got into the playoffs, hell they'd take down this Houston team easily.

Boozer, Hill, Davis, Sacre and the rookie Randle would team up and bully the soft Howard.

BScott would come up with a nice team defensive scheme to make Harden into an inefficient chucker. Probably getting 30 pts on 9/26 shooting or some crap like that with his obvious automatic sissy 12-15 free throw attempts per game.

With Kobe as the one who would be defending him throughout the series? He'll be lucky to get half of that in a game... We might actually see a few players throw a temper tantrum on the court, that isn't Andrew Bynum lol

P&GRealist
07-25-2014, 07:18 PM
With Kobe as the one who would be defending him throughout the series? He'll be lucky to get half of that in a game... We might actually see a few players throw a temper tantrum on the court, that isn't Andrew Bynum lol
Kobe can't keep up with Harden at this stage. But you put long quick arms like an X or Wes Johnson on him. Or a young defensive minded rookie PG in Jordan Clarkson. And then Harden takes a beating when he drives inside to bruisers like Boozer, Sacre and Hill. Yeah, it would be a long series for him. He'll have some breakout games, but he ain't no KD or prime Kobe when it comes to scoring the ball in the manner that it kills the morale of the other team.

Htownballa1622
07-25-2014, 07:24 PM

Lmao.

Troll harder

Verbal Christ
07-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Child please. How can you make a comment like "Lakers would beat them easily" preceded by "if they make the playoffs"

Hilarious.

ThuglifeJ
07-25-2014, 08:20 PM

I'd bet on pelicans making a rise this year vs lakeshow. Or suns

Either could beat rockets tho I don't doubt that. Unless refs interfere no way they beat the tough west teams

SILVER SEAVER
07-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Two absolute knuckleheads who just don't get that maybe the best policy is to shut your mouth when all you have is crap to come out of it. These two ego maniacs will keep stroking each other off and actually convince themselves their the best at their positions and act like they will be fine. Maybe Bosh's decision wasn't 100% about the money seeing as Houston had that max offer on the table and he delayed. Maybe he didn't want to play with two individuals who have no idea what it takes to reach the highest level in this league.

ThuglifeJ
07-25-2014, 11:16 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9j-h8I_iop4/UoD2yx0CtEI/AAAAAAAAHeY/B54tYHDQ6uw/s1600/138405658867437.gif

Cornerstone.

P&GRealist
07-25-2014, 11:26 PM
:laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
07-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Looks like Houston is replacing Miami as most hated psd team

P&GRealist
07-26-2014, 12:24 AM

Not the role players. Just the cornerstones.

Saddletramp
07-26-2014, 02:17 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9j-h8I_iop4/UoD2yx0CtEI/AAAAAAAAHeY/B54tYHDQ6uw/s1600/138405658867437.gif

Cornerstone.

Yup. Cornerstones have never flopped. Ask LeBron or CP3 or Durant or Ginobili or Blake or............ And don't forget, your boy Vince does his fair share of flopping.

Man, so many trolls. And not even very good ones.

P&GRealist
07-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Yup. Cornerstones have never flopped. Ask LeBron or CP3 or Durant or Ginobili or Blake or............ And don't forget, your boy Vince does his fair share of flopping.

Agree.

JNA17
07-26-2014, 04:20 AM
harden and dwight speak like they are kobe and shaq lolol

those two as your two 'cornerstones' is like asking for 2nd round exits at best

They couldn't even beat a young Blazers team in the first round with those two "cornerstones" along with Parsons, Lin, Asik and Beverly.

With the current roster, it went from a potential title contender for years to first round exit every year.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Nice back stepping James......almost as impressive as your flops. I guess this is why it's important to have public relations people in your franchise to inform mindless athletes what they should have said and to make that public.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Nothing personal against any Rockets fans on here but I am seriously hoping they either got knocked out of the first round or better yet not make the playoffs because Howard and Harden deserve to be humbled.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 02:34 PM

You are so true. I guess that's why they put that new rule into effect this past season. It was getting ridiculous. Especially when you see guys like LeBron, Blake who are built like brick houses or even 7'2" Hibbert going flying back like ten feet when a small guard runs into them.

P&GRealist
07-26-2014, 06:06 PM
This is Morey's take on Parsons leaving:

"We feel strongly that turning down Chandler's option gives us a better chance to win a championship than not turning it down," Morey said on Sports Talk 790 AM in Houston the day after Parsons officially became a Maverick. "It really comes down to the question of, Harden, Howard, Chandler, what chance does that [core] have a chance of winning a championship?"

Saddletramp
07-26-2014, 06:14 PM

Old news and he's 100% correct. After missing out on everyone huge, everybody on psd, including Rockets fans would have said the same thing if they matched Parsons without adding anyone significant:

"Good luck with that team (that just lost in the first round) going forward with no chance to upgrade anything for three years." That team would have been middle of the pack with no wiggle room. It was the right call and anybody (that knows what they're doing) would have made that same decision.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 06:48 PM

So you can possibly take that as Morey throwing Parsons under the proverbial bus. So I guess it was Parsons fault they couldn't get out of the first round. It ain't like they made it to the western conference finals and Parsons had a stinker for the ages.......that would have been reserved for Harden.

SILVER SEAVER
07-26-2014, 06:50 PM

You betcha. They are just screaming for criticism.

Saddletramp
07-26-2014, 07:02 PM
So you can possibly take that as Morey throwing Parsons under the proverbial bus. So I guess it was Parsons fault they couldn't get out of the first round. It ain't like they made it to the western conference finals and Parsons had a stinker for the ages.......that would have been reserved for Harden.

How is it throwing him under the bus? It was a business move and the correct one. He didn't think those three guys were enough. Simple as that. Setting aside Lin and Asik as they weren't coming back regardless, they basically traded 3/$45 Parsons (who *could* turn out to be a steal at that price, btw) for 4/$32 Ariza, who you know what you're going to get AND you have more room to make more moves the next few years. If any of you were Rockets fans, you'd agree with it. It's a harsh business sometimes but at the end of the day, it's still a business.

mightybosstone
07-26-2014, 10:53 PM
I've gotten to the point where I actually am starting to enjoy these Rockets hate threads. This must be what it's like to be a Lakers fan. Poor it on, fellas! What else ya got?

SPURSFAN1
07-26-2014, 10:57 PM
I've gotten to the point where I actually am starting to enjoy these Rockets hate threads. This must be what it's like to be a Lakers fan. Poor it on, fellas! What else ya got?

I would, but I'd just get deleted.

Saddletramp
07-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Spoken like a true, good for nothing troll. I knew I had you pegged.

mightybosstone
07-26-2014, 11:18 PM

C'mon Sally. You've got to have something for me. No rip on Morey for missing Bosh and letting Parsons go? Is it time to laugh at Harden's defense or Dwight's free throw shooting? I've heard it all at this point. It's overdone, unoriginal and unimpressive. And when you get bored with the same tired insults, maybe you'll find something new so that can get old.

SPURSFAN1
07-26-2014, 11:38 PM
C'mon Sally. You've got to have something for me. No rip on Morey for missing Bosh and letting Parsons go? Is it time to laugh at Harden's defense or Dwight's free throw shooting? I've heard it all at this point. It's overdone, unoriginal and unimpressive. And when you get bored with the same tired insults, maybe you'll find something new so that can get old.

It's all been said already. Maybe the Rockets can surprise me this season and get out of the first round.

SPURSFAN1
07-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Spoken like a true, good for nothing troll. I knew I had you pegged.

LOL. Laugh a little bro.

Saddletramp
07-26-2014, 11:50 PM
It's all been said already.. Maybe the Rockets can surprise me this season and get out of the first round.

That hasn't stopped a bunch of these trolls from regurgitating the same old conversations. And maybe this year will be the Rockets year to dominate in the regular season, get the number one seed and then choke to an eight seed like the other two Texas teams have done in the last decade.

LOL. Laugh a little bro.

Thanks to the Rockets haters around here, I've been laughing more than usual here lately.

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 12:03 AM
5 rings in 17 years. thanks.

Saddletramp
07-27-2014, 12:11 AM

Touché. I'm glad you were alive for this last one. :)

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Touché. I'm glad you were alive for this last one. :)

I-know-hu.

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 01:20 AM

5 titles in 14 yrs ;)

mightybosstone
07-27-2014, 01:42 AM

But if you have to live in or near San Antonio in the process, is it really worth it in the end?

ThuglifeJ
07-27-2014, 03:02 AM
lol Roflckets

P&GRealist
07-27-2014, 03:14 AM
But if you have to live in or near San Antonio in the process, is it really worth it in the end?

San Antonio is a beautiful place.

Houston is hot and sticky, like Dwight's armpit. :drool:

SILVER SEAVER
07-27-2014, 03:18 AM
How is it throwing him under the bus? It was a business move and the correct one. He didn't think those three guys were enough. Simple as that. Setting aside Lin and Asik as they weren't coming back regardless, they basically traded 3/$45 Parsons (who *could* turn out to be a steal at that price, btw) for 4/$32 Ariza, who you know what you're going to get AND you have more room to make more moves the next few years. If any of you were Rockets fans, you'd agree with it. It's a harsh business sometimes but at the end of the day, it's still a business.

So if Harden has an off night it's going to be up to Ariza because I know you're not referring to dump into Howard and see what he can do. Parsons was a guy to pick up the slack offensively when Harden had his 10 for 31 games.....now it's Ariza's offense and Howard's free throw shooting down the stretch or bust? Beverly doesn't score much, you have no more Lin so where id your offense going to come from? If Howard was more of an offensive threat like Shaq was in his prime then that's a different story altogether but he is nothing even remotely close to a dominating inside presence offensively hence why Harden has to shoot so much which he has no problem at all doing.

Saddletramp
07-27-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm really getting tired of typing on my phone and then accidentally hitting the font change button and it updating the page while not carrying over what I've typed and it being gone when I hit back.

The gist: That's a good point about Lin, he could carry the offensive load at times but Parsons wasn't an offensive juggernaut when Harden went cold or didn't play.

And I feel like a broken record. Rather have Ariza at $8 with room to add pieces than Parsons at $15 with no more additions for 3 years. It should be pretty ****ing simple to realize this by now. If you can't admit that then you have no idea what you're talking about. Salary and remaining cap space being equal? I'd rather have Parsons. But they're not equal so stop beating a flawed dead horse.

Saddletramp
07-27-2014, 09:43 AM

If rather have hot and sticky Houston than furnace fan Dallas. I lived in the Dallas area for 23 of my first 24 years and you don't realize how miserably hot that place is until you leave and then come back.

And you're right, San Antonio is beautiful. Well, about a three mile radius in downtown where the Riverwalk and Alamo are. That three mile radius is surrounded by just about the biggest shithole I've ever been to.

mjt20mik
07-27-2014, 09:56 AM
I honestly love the Ariza pickup. I think it addresses a lot of issues HOU had last year in the playoffs. However, Parsons is itching for a breakout season. I don't know how you call him a role player or something when he averaged 16 5 5.

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 11:41 AM

I was going to say this exact thing. SA is way better than Houston. A lot safer too. Don't gotta worry about your car being stolen and crap.

Verbal Christ
07-27-2014, 12:08 PM
So if Harden has an off night it's going to be up to Ariza because I know you're not referring to dump into Howard and see what he can do. Parsons was a guy to pick up the slack offensively when Harden had his 10 for 31 games.....now it's Ariza's offense and Howard's free throw shooting down the stretch or bust? Beverly doesn't score much, you have no more Lin so where id your offense going to come from? If Howard was more of an offensive threat like Shaq was in his prime then that's a different story altogether but he is nothing even remotely close to a dominating inside presence offensively hence why Harden has to shoot so much which he has no problem at all doing.

Wrong. Parsons had that chance many,many times. When Harden was off, or out of the lineup he had his shot. It was usually TJones or one of the other guys who would come through. Did you even watch the HOU/POR series? Ask those fans if the 'dump it down low' to Howard worked or not. I mean are you really going to put YOUR talent finding abilities against those of Darryl Morey? MOrey felt like Parsons wasn't the 3rd wheel needed, I'll take his opinion over the likes of PSD posters.

HYFR
07-27-2014, 12:13 PM
San Antonio got the titles and the fat chicks tho

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Houston is fatter than SA. hahahahahaha

kdspurman
07-27-2014, 12:36 PM

Not a fan of big women? Your loss :shrug:

But seriously, it's a really nice city.

ThuglifeJ
07-27-2014, 02:06 PM

Not a fan of big women? Your loss :shrug:

But seriously, it's a really nice city.

Who cares? It was just a petty comment by Mightytones cuz they have nothing on the spurs.

mightybosstone
07-27-2014, 05:43 PM

Ummm... San Antonio is pretty hot and sticky, bro. Plus the economy in the Houston area is far better and it's got a far better night life and music scene. I'll give San Antonio the edge as a tourist destination because of the theme parks and Riverwalk, but I'd much, much rather live in Houston. If given the choice, though, I'd pick Austin over both Houston and San Antonio by a mile.

mightybosstone
07-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Who cares? It was just a petty comment by Mightytones cuz they have nothing on the spurs.
I can't remember the last time you actually made a point about basketball. Why do you even come to PSD? Because is certainly isn't to talk sports.

samcurrie13
07-27-2014, 05:45 PM
dwights an idiot

samcurrie13
07-27-2014, 05:45 PM
good player but

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 07:20 PM

I actually like the subtle jabs or not to subtle jabs too.

mightybosstone
07-27-2014, 07:32 PM
I actually like the subtle jabs or not to subtle jabs too.

Wrong "too" bro. ;)

SPURSFAN1
07-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Wrong "too" bro. ;)

I actually used the correct too*. :)

edit: I forgot there was two toos. lol

kdspurman
07-27-2014, 08:46 PM

Ha I know, I was just having some fun with it.

ThuglifeJ
07-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I can't remember the last time you actually made a point about basketball. Why do you even come to PSD? Because is certainly isn't to talk sports.

Lol ur literally the one talking about who has the better economy and nightlife

mightybosstone
07-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Lol ur literally the one talking about who has the better economy and nightlife
That was one post in a sea of legitimate basketball posts. Non-basketball posts are pretty much the norm for you at this point which is why no one really takes you seriously or respects you.

Shareeb_omac2
07-28-2014, 11:27 AM
lol ur literally the one talking about who has the better economy and nightlife
lolololololol

Demolished

rockets-fan
07-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Why is this still open?!?

Last year it was GSW and Rockets fans bickering now it's Dallas and Houston fans bickering!

This is going to be a lonnnnnggggg season haha

GeekInThePink
07-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Dwight Howard/Clint Capela
Terrence Jones/Dontas Montiejunas/Josh Powell/Jeff Adrien
Trevor Ariza/Alonzo Gee/Jordan Hamilton
James Harden/Troy Daniels/Nick Johnson
Patrick Beverly/Ish Smith/Isaiah Cannan

I think this roster is going to struggle moving the ball. I think losing Parsons and Lin is going to hurt more then people realize. Beverly is a really good defensive point guard but he's more of an undersized shooting guard and isn't a great passer. I think Clint Capela is too raw to be Dwight's full time back up at this point. I am not a Houston Rockets hater at all (I love Daryl Morey) but I think they took a step back this off-season. James Harden and Dwight calling everyone else role players and such isn't exactly going to help either.

P&GRealist
07-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Dwight Howard/Clint Capela
Terrence Jones/Dontas Montiejunas/Josh Powell/Jeff Adrien
Trevor Ariza/Alonzo Gee/Jordan Hamilton
James Harden/Troy Daniels/Nick Johnson
Patrick Beverly/Ish Smith/Isaiah Cannan

I think this roster is going to struggle moving the ball. I think losing Parsons and Lin is going to hurt more then people realize. Beverly is a really good defensive point guard but he's more of an undersized shooting guard and isn't a great passer. I think Clint Capela is too raw to be Dwight's full time back up at this point. I am not a Houston Rockets hater at all (I love Daryl Morey) but I think they took a step back this off-season. James Harden and Dwight calling everyone else role players and such isn't exactly going to help either.
Totally agree.

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Shouldn't this thread be closed now? :rolleyes:

SPURSFAN1
07-29-2014, 01:04 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

I mean if rocket fans are crying. We should comply.

Verbal Christ
07-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Yea right the highest paced team will have a hard time moving the ball.

Troll harder.

Htownballa1622
07-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Totally agree.

Of course you do. You've made it known multiple times throughout different threads. Your thread got closed so you felt the need to post on this thread that was dying on the bottom of the page.

Agenda keeps on.

SPURSFAN1
07-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Yea right the highest paced team will have a hard time moving the ball.

Troll harder.

Pace has nothing to do with ball movement. I mean even the thunder has a lot of pace. They just ISO or shoot real quick coming up the court. I'm not so sure the Rockets team can pass the ball well. I mean the Spurs do a great job, because they have a great coach and most are already reliable passers to begin with.

Goose17
07-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Pace has nothing to do with ball movement.

This^

Fact.

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 02:29 PM
This^

Fact.

Regardless, Houston wasn't a great ball movement team last season. Getting rid of Parsons and Lin isn't going to have a huge impact on that, because the majority of the offense still ultimately boils down to Harden's penetration, Harden's pick and roll or Howard posting up.

Goose17
07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Regardless, Houston wasn't a great ball movement team last season. Getting rid of Parsons and Lin isn't going to have a huge impact on that, because the majority of the offense still ultimately boils down to Harden's penetration, Harden's pick and roll or Howard posting up.

Yeah, I can see the point. Like I said earlier, I think you've upgraded your starting five by bringing in Ariza personally, he's more well rounded. It's the bench I'm thinking might end up letting you guys down.

mightybosstone
07-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I can see the point. Like I said earlier, I think you've upgraded your starting five by bringing in Ariza personally, he's more well rounded. It's the bench I'm thinking might end up letting you guys down.

We'll see. I think the loss of Asik will hurt more than anything. I'm not going to miss Lin, and I think Houston's young guards can make up for a lot of his production while shooting better from beyond the arc and being more consistent. But even losing Asik shouldn't make them much worse than last season considering how much time he missed and how much of a distraction he was last season.

ThuglifeJ
07-30-2014, 02:23 AM
This^

Fact.

That's a really bad gameplan no offense..relying on a guy who has a record of needing foul calls while driving and not performing in playoffs' penetration. A guy who has never had a secure offensive post game's post game, and then an average passer's pick n roll game.

Also just way too basic, more team needs to be involved to win and play a full game well.. See Spurs.

Also a wing who can post up is important.

ThuglifeJ
07-30-2014, 02:24 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

I mean if rocket fans are crying. We should comply.

Wish granted.

majmarcus
07-30-2014, 05:37 AM
I started laughin almost uncontrollably when I saw "Dwight's leadership"...