PDA

View Full Version : The team spirit in HOU is at an all time high

arlubas
07-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

Source: http://www.slamonline.com/nba/james-harden-rockets-will-fine-without-chandler-parsons/

His teammates must be feeling pretty awesome knowing how much Harden appreciates their contributions...

bleedprple&gold
07-24-2014, 11:32 AM
This is threadworthy? What is he supposed to say, my teammates suck?

jerellh528
07-24-2014, 11:39 AM
This is threadworthy? What is he supposed to say, my teammates suck?

I think op was sarcastic. Harden pretty much did say his teammates suck

Vinylman
07-24-2014, 11:58 AM
gotta love NBA players who have never accomplished **** talking trash...

what Harden meant to say is "Me and Dwight are a couple of guys who will ALWAYS shrink in the moment"

I actually feel bad for rockets fans because most don't realize how bad it will get...

Stinkyoutsider
07-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a long season in Houston, especially after losing out on Bosh.

lakerfan85
07-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Greatest shooting guard since MJ....

TheIlladelph16
07-24-2014, 12:12 PM
gotta love NBA players who have never accomplished **** talking trash...

what Harden meant to say is "Me and Dwight are a couple of guys who will ALWAYS shrink in the moment"

I actually feel bad for rockets fans because most don't realize how bad it will get...

I have a feeling this is not at all what he really meant to say.

beasted86
07-24-2014, 12:15 PM
It's the truth but sounds bad coming from one of the supposed leaders of the team that consistently plays horrible in the playoffs.

Clippersfan86
07-24-2014, 12:24 PM
I've always thought Harden was one of the biggest douchebags in the league, along with his ex teammate Ibaka and current teammate Dwight. Harden is far from a leader and if you listen to interviews he comes off very arrogant and condescending. So this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Mr_Jones
07-24-2014, 12:32 PM
I've always thought Harden was one of the biggest douchebags in the league, along with his ex teammate Ibaka and current teammate Dwight. Harden is far from a leader and if you listen to interviews he comes off very arrogant and condescending. So this doesn't surprise me one bit.

It isn't actually even James talking. At this point, it's his beard. Might as well have Voldemort on the back of his head.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Wow.. Can't believe James harden said this..

Chemistry is gonna be a problem with this team this year, I can feel it. I thought that it might anyway but this comment kind of confirms my suspicions..

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Lol. I was waiting for this thread to be made.

Let the **** piling begin!

Btw. Blunt but I'm glad he said it. I just hope he backs it up. He's been poor in playoffs. Dwight on the other hand was great last year.

beasted86
07-24-2014, 12:50 PM

Btw. Blunt but I'm glad he said it. I just hope he backs it up. He's been poor in playoffs. Dwight on the other hand was great last year.
Parsons also out played him last playoffs.

ThuglifeJ
07-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Aaaanndd this Is why the rockets are a joke and will never accomplish anything but first round exits.

Arrogance to this level is just cancerous. It seems confirmed that the reason hes so bad on D is because he thinks he's Jordan.

Lol calling everyone role players even if they are..

Haven't these guys learned ANYTHING from the spurs that just manhandled the league past season?

Immature douche bags are immature

goingfor28
07-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Looool didn't Dwight kinda say the same thing last week? Excellent leadership in Houston

ThuglifeJ
07-24-2014, 12:59 PM

Lol I always thought this of him and ibaka too. Dwight doesn't bother me as much as those two for some reason. Probably cuz he doesn't take himself as serious as those two.

MonroeFAN
07-24-2014, 01:01 PM
The only people who don't think the Rockets are a joke are their fan base.

Vinylman
07-24-2014, 01:04 PM

yeah... I feel bad for the Rockets fans... two super basketball talents with big holes between their ears...

slow start this year means McHale gets fired and pretty much a lost season.

These two guys mentality makes you wonder if Bosh factored that into his decision

arlubas
07-24-2014, 01:10 PM
These two guys mentality makes you wonder if Bosh factored that into his decision
Rumors spreading around did say that he wanted to be in a stable environment with a proven record on trying to win and being professional. I'm pretty sure Bosh did factor that in his decision, even if he did want to come back home.

Clippersfan86
07-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Looool didn't Dwight kinda say the same thing last week? Excellent leadership in Houston

Yea he did.

Riodagoat
07-24-2014, 01:14 PM
This is why I was glad Bosh didn't go to Houston.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 01:16 PM
That's very true, not having his contributions will be missed in the regular season but the postseason is where they will really hurt without him. Harden is terrible in the post season and dwight can only do so much because his strength isn't on offense. It will have to be a team effort, which comes down to chemistry. Stuff like what harden and Dwight have said destroys team chemistry.

Aaaanndd this Is why the rockets are a joke and will never accomplish anything but first round exits.

Arrogance to this level is just cancerous. It seems confirmed that the reason hes so bad on D is because he thinks he's Jordan.

Lol calling everyone role players even if they are..

Haven't these guys learned ANYTHING from the spurs that just manhandled the league past season?

Immature douche bags are immature

If they even make the playoffs.. I think their subtractions this year outweigh their additions.. If you factor in **** like this then there will be major chemistry issues which can only hurt a team trying for a playoff spot. Also the west is just getting stronger and stronger, its gonna be tough to make the playoffs in the west, might have to be a 50 win season..

The only people who don't think the Rockets are a joke are their fan base.
:nod:

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
True, but to be fair, Chandler was talking and saying he was the best sf that series but he went ghost at times.

I thought Batum was the best sf in that series.

yeah... I feel bad for the Rockets fans... two super basketball talents with big holes between their ears...

slow start this year means McHale gets fired and pretty much a lost season.

Yeah it definitely has potential to be bad. I also think this offseason could just be overblown and this makes the team try to prove doubters wrong. Harden is only 24 so he's bound to mature at some point.

Maybe this is the year he gets it together. Who knows. I think they'll be fine but i've said that I would have fired McHale last year.

I'm sure Bosh made that assumption too. Plus he's whipped to Miami(which I don't blame him.)

Vinylman
07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Rumors spreading around did say that he wanted to be in a stable environment with a proven record on trying to win and being professional. I'm pretty sure Bosh did factor that in his decision, even if he did want to come back home.

I wouldn't doubt it ... people can say what they want about Lebron and Wade but they would never have the hubris that these two dimwits are exhibiting.

Unfortunately it is just the current NBA culture nowadays ... guys getting max deals actually think that means they are superstars when in reality it just means there is to much money chasing two few of quality players....

hugepatsfan
07-24-2014, 01:30 PM

Jesus Christ, do HOU fans ever take exception to anything anyone says/does in the organization? It's ok to be a fan and also be critical. In what world is it a good thing for your star players to talk down on the rest of the team? I've never seen anyone else say that's a good thing. Leaders talk up the role players, not speak down on them.

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Jesus Christ, do HOU fans ever take exception to anything anyone says/does in the organization? It's ok to be a fan and also be critical. In what world is it a good thing for your star players to talk down on the rest of the team? I've never seen anyone else say that's a good thing. Leaders talk up the role players, not speak down on them.

I'm not going to sit here and get my panties in a bunch but he basically is saying that he and Dwight are ready to lead the team.

You take the negative meaning of it and I take the positive out of it. Truth hurts.

Is it not true what he's saying?

Was Parsons a star? No. They are role players.

amak316
07-24-2014, 01:43 PM
It's remarkable how well Houston has transformed its image from a fun exciting young team of two years ago to the villains of the NBA.

Their two "superstars" would be consensus top 3 most hated players in the NBA every year. The whole team plays the wrong way with an ISO heavy system so they are ugly to watch. No one other than Beverly plays defense, and he is quickly developing a dirty player rep. T. Jones randomly attacks passed out homeless people in the off-season. They repeatedly marginalized and insulted NBA fan favorite Jeremy Lin for two full years. Morey treats all his players as assets and the list goes on and on.

Will be fun to see them suffer through this year and become an even less desirable free agent spot next year.

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:49 PM
It's remarkable how well Houston has transformed its image from a fun exciting young team of two years ago to the villains of the NBA.

Their two "superstars" would be consensus top 3 most hated players in the NBA every year. The whole team plays the wrong way with an ISO heavy system so they are ugly to watch. No one other than Beverly plays defense, and he is quickly developing a dirty player rep. T. Jones randomly attacks passed out homeless people in the off-season. They repeatedly marginalized and insulted NBA fan favorite Jeremy Lin for two full years. Morey treats all his players as assets and the list goes on and on.

Will be fun to see them suffer through this year and become an even less desirable free agent spot next year.

Enjoy! Sorry you don't have a team to root for to have fun. :)

I'm actually going to embrace the hate. Suck it haters. :smoking::guns::silly:

sf-fanatic
07-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm not going to sit here and get my panties in a bunch but he basically is saying that he and Dwight are ready to lead the team.

You take the negative meaning of it and I take the positive out of it. Truth hurts.

Is it not true what he's saying?

Was Parsons a star? No. They are role players.

I don't think thats what he said at all. And even if thats what he meant, theres 100 better ways to say it.

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 02:11 PM
I don't think thats what he said at all. And even if thats what he meant, theres 100 better ways to say it.

No doubt there's a way better way to say it.

He could have spared feelings but at this point i'm sure he's a lil frustrated. Oh well.

He def put everything on He and Dwight's shoulders so I hope he steps up.

Bruno
07-24-2014, 02:12 PM

x2.

so much to root against.

Jarvo
07-24-2014, 02:31 PM
I never did like Harden since his days in OKC, But anyway I really hope him & Howard can back up what they're saying and I feel for the rest of the guys on the roster and what they think about all this. To the Rocket fans mannn if they don't do **** this coming season get ready for more trash talk in here lol

Oh yeah, I hope Parsons drop 40 on them.

SPURSFAN1
07-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Queue all the rocket fans to do damage control. Those dudes need to get paid overtime.

Randy West
07-24-2014, 02:37 PM
I mean wtf is this the Jr pep club or the NBA

I would expect this type of comment form a jr rec league team of 8-11 year old girls

Bruno
07-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Queue all the rocket fans to do damage control. Those dudes need to get paid overtime.

x2. i don't get why they don't get why their teams disliked.

Kobe and Shaq were a far more dominant duo than Harden and Dwight will ever be. I don't recall either of them disrespecting the importance of their teams role players. Kobe and Shaq may have had it in for each other, but they well understood that there are no titles with Fisher and Horry, and they never would have disrespected them publicly in such a way. 1-2 punches need excellent role players. big threes don't always. but with a 1-2, you need those role players. i couldn't think of a worse way to make those guys you need feel more disrespected.

**insert obnixous Shaq quote bashing role players on a contending team**

but i don't think so.

LionsFan..LOL
07-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Another baiting thread regarding the Rockets. closed.