PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen leaning towards Cavaliers

chi-townlove1
07-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Surprise surprise.

Longtime NBA shooting guard Ray Allen is "leaning toward" joining the Cleveland Cavaliers for a 19th NBA season, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. The move would reunite Allen with LeBron James and allow the two to continue their pursuit of rings together in Northeast Ohio.

Allen, 39, has recently been touring China and weighing his options after finishing last season with the Miami Heat. Health has been a big consideration this summer for the veteran, and he told reporters overseas that he planned to return Thursday and undergo MRIs on both knees before making a final decision.

Any signing with the Cavaliers or another team will likely wait until the results of those tests are revealed, but at this point, it seems like Cleveland or bust for the future Hall of Famer. Even though other teams will reportedly be interested if Allen opts to play, nobody else can offer the opportunity to play alongside LeBron.

And there are good reasons for Cleveland to want Allen around, even at his age. Specifically, he remains a highly lethal long range shooter, and his propensity for coming through in the clutch cannot be denied. Over two seasons playing next to LeBron in Miami, Allen shot 40 percent from the field, and while other parts of his game continue slowing down, Allen's ability to get open and hit shots remains nearly unparallelled.

That makes the Cavs a strong fit, since ballhandlers like James and Kyrie Irving can pull attention from defenders while leaving Allen free to roam. It's the kind of setup he's thrived in over the years as his game has evolved, and at this point in his career, it's admittedly the best scenario for his aging knees.

Cleveland also has Dion Waiters and Andrew Wiggins to eat significant minutes at shooting guard, meaning that Allen could take on an even smaller workload than the one he had in Miami. All in all, you can see why Allen would consider taking the extra millions to give it one more go with the Cavs.

Last season, Allen averaged 9.6 points and 2.8 rebounds per game while shooting 44 percent overall and 38 percent from three.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/23/5932229/ray-allen-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-free-agency

jerellh528
07-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Lol what a little whipping boy.

bucketss
07-24-2014, 12:39 AM
fitness freak, i wonder if he will push it to 20 nba seasons dude still looks great.

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 12:42 AM
fitness freak, i wonder if he will push it to 20 nba seasons dude still looks great.

Class of 96 Ray, DFish, Kobe and even AI (who took the most hits out of all those guys and last about 13 yrs and could have lasted more if he had an attitude adjustment) really took care of their bodies.

shep33
07-24-2014, 12:44 AM
No surprise. 39 years old, pretty awesome career.

Not sure how much he'll play with Waiters being healthy, but a solid pickup.

The Cavs need to address their defense though.

Raidaz4Life
07-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Dude should stop tagging along with other stars

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Class of 96 Ray, DFish, Kobe and even AI (who took the most hits out of all those guys and last about 13 yrs and could have lasted more if he had an attitude adjustment) really took care of their bodies.
Steve Nash aka buckets aka mister cash aka **** it this guy sucks was from the 1996 draft too.

That was a great draft

Tony_Starks
07-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Wonder if he would consider staying in MIA if he comes back....

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Lebron just getting his guys, nothing new here

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Steve Nash aka buckets aka mister cash aka **** it this guy sucks was from the 1996 draft too.

That was a great draft
For sure, he's kept himself in great shape as well despite all the back issues. Can't believe I forgot him lol. Freakin Nash takin our $$$ haha

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Lebron just getting his guys, nothing new here

You gotta think a Love trade is imminent. Don't think Ray Allen would come back for 1 last season to come and mentor Andrew Wiggins at that SG position. I'm sure he wants to win 1 final ring and play with a trio of Love-Irving-James.

Mr.B
07-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Definitely not a surprise. Also definitely not a bad decision. As a Mavs fan I was hoping that he sign with them but you can't blame him for signing with the Cave. He knows Labron and they are contenders in the East.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:51 AM
For sure, he's kept himself in great shape as well despite all the back issues. Can't believe I forgot him lol. Freakin Nash takin our $$$ haha
**** Nash! :horse:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2014, 12:53 AM
Eh, he's not that good anymore(not even MLE good) and can really only play for rings. It's a bit ridiculous that people are jumping on him for joining LeBron.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:53 AM
You gotta think a Love trade is imminent. Don't think Ray Allen would come back for 1 last season to come and mentor Andrew Wiggins at that SG position. I'm sure he wants to win 1 final ring and play with a trio of Love-Irving-James.
Yea that's what I was getting at, lebron gets love he gets Allen Miami even gave him what he wanted, they got shabaaz Napier outta the draft, the guy lebron wanted them to draft.. Haha

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 12:54 AM
what a surprise another lebron's sucker

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 12:55 AM
Yea that's what I was getting at, lebron gets love he gets Allen Miami even gave him what he wanted, they got shabaaz Napier outta the draft, the guy lebron wanted them to draft.. Haha

It's funny how much LeBron is already being catered to, and he only signed a 2 yr deal. People think he signing a 2 yr deal because of new endorsements and new pay raise after 2016 or the new CBA, which I agree, but man, the guy is so unpredictable and unstable, it wouldn't surprise me if he jumped ship against after 2 yrs if he gets a title in Cleveland in that span. It could be a "well hometown people, I got you your ring, the city curse is off all our backs, now I can go back to South Beach or even Lala or the Big Apple"

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Now they gotta find a way to trade Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson for Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. :D

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Yupp.. Its amazing that all these lebron teammates don't get an std in their mouth.

It's funny how much LeBron is already being catered to, and he only signed a 2 yr deal. People think he signing a 2 yr deal because of new endorsements and new pay raise after 2016 or the new CBA, which I agree, but man, the guy is so unpredictable and unstable, it wouldn't surprise me if he jumped ship against after 2 yrs if he gets a title in Cleveland in that span. It could be a "well hometown people, I got you your ring, the city curse is off all our backs, now I can go back to South Beach or even Lala or the Big Apple"
I think he's booking it to new York in 2016

Now they gotta find a way to trade Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson for Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. :D
Hahah!! I wouldn't be surprised.. The Cleveland HEAT

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Shocker! How many times goes does LeBron take him for a walk every day? Does he feed him three times a day or one large bowl at dinner time?

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:09 AM
I think he's booking it to new York in 2016

haha lebron joining NY and saying "this is my real home" wouldn't surprise me at all

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Come to me everyone because I can't bolt anymore to join you. I will laugh my *** off if Love gets traded there and signs and extension and LeBron leaves in two years.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:16 AM
haha lebron joining NY and saying "this is my real home" wouldn't surprise me at all

I am willing to bet anything on him joining Melo in New York in the summer of 2016. He is not staying on the Cavs the rest of his career. He went to Cleveland to escape the pressure of having to win every year and instead will get a pass if his Cavs team full of inexperienced players and old fart vets don't make it to the Finals. This guy is so savvy from a business perspective and is about his brand. Not blaming him for making as much as you can while you can but this whole scam of "going back home" is just that. He will capitalize in 2016 when he forms his superpower with Melo in the Big Apple.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Sign a 2 yr max average deal with new York in 2016 then in 2018, he will sign with the Lakers for 2 yrs and say,"this is where I always wanted to play,in front of the brightest lights!" Then in 2020 he will hold an ESPN decision 2.0 and say," I'm taking my talents home. I always wanted to finish my career in Cleveland".. Then he demands a trade midway through the first season when he finds out no superstars want to play with him anymore..

Yupp, its happening.. Book it!

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Look at you guys predetermining his career as if you know a damn thing... You don't live in his shoes and you don't know what goes on financially, mentally, physically, and emotionally with LeBron. To predetermine these things just shows how pessimistic you are.

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:27 AM
I am willing to bet anything on him joining Melo in New York in the summer of 2016. He is not staying on the Cavs the rest of his career. He went to Cleveland to escape the pressure of having to win every year and instead will get a pass if his Cavs team full of inexperienced players and old fart vets don't make it to the Finals. This guy is so savvy from a business perspective and is about his brand. Not blaming him for making as much as you can while you can but this whole scam of "going back home" is just that. He will capitalize in 2016 when he forms his superpower with Melo in the Big Apple.

good point

Sign a 2 yr max average deal with new York in 2016 then in 2018, he will sign with the Lakers for 2 yrs and say,"this is where I always wanted to play,in front of the brightest lights!" Then in 2020 he will hold an ESPN decision 2.0 and say," I'm taking my talents home. I always wanted to finish my career in Cleveland".. Then he demands a trade midway through the first season when he finds out no superstars want to play with him anymore..

Yupp, its happening.. Book it!

yeah nothing can surprise me anymore from this bandwagoner

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Makes sense. It'd have been nice to snag him but Cleveland makes sense for him.

Also. I find it funny that most posts in here are from Lakers fans talking about Lebron. lol

This is a Ray Allen thread.

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Look at you guys predetermining his career as if you know a damn thing... You don't live in his shoes and you don't know what goes on financially, mentally, physically, and emotionally with LeBron. To predetermine these things just shows how pessimistic you are.
Or just how realistic we are, how we have seen the patterns develop with this guy, no loyalty.

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:34 AM
Makes sense. It'd have been nice to snag him but Cleveland makes sense for him.

Also. I find it funny that most posts in here are from Lakers fans talking about Lebron. lol

This is a Ray Allen thread.

and who allen is joining?

akesh99
07-24-2014, 01:38 AM
lol some mad Lebron haters in this thread. I'm not even a fan but c'mon guys...

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:39 AM

Potentially the Cavs. I get it though. Your sig says all i need to know. You're one of those Laker fans that focuses on Bron. It's cool man. If that's your thing then do you.

I just found it funny. ;)

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Potentially the Cavs. I get it though. Your sig says all i need to know. You're one of those Laker fans that focuses on Bron. It's cool man. If that's your thing then do you.

I just found it funny. ;)

this is your keyword here, you must confess

and nope I don't really care about lebron, just found the sig funny, and you making generality is all I need to know about what kind of person you are :rolleyes:

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:47 AM
this is your keyword here, you must confess

and nope I don't really care about lebron, just found the sig funny, and you making generality is all I need to know about what kind of person you are :rolleyes:

Cool.

It's generalizing that the whole thread about Ray Allen was about Lebron potentially leaving in two years brought up by Laker fans.

Got it.

Oh-and you can think what you want about what kind of person I am, because I give 0 ***** about it. :rock::whistle:

Have a good rest of your convo.

3ballbomber
07-24-2014, 01:47 AM
looks like Lebrons boyfriend finally comes out when the Love trade is about to go down for the Cavs. Bad Move (t)Ray(tor) Allen - you've just wasted your last season on a team that may not even make it out of the East, let alon a championship.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Or just how realistic we are, how we have seen the patterns develop with this guy, no loyalty.

He went from Cleveland to Miami to Cleveland.. How does that even hint at no loyalty? You weren't as silly months ago.. Why the sudden change? You get worse and worse with these ridiculous posts that signify nothing. It's a lose-lose situation for James no matter where he signed. There are haters who will deprive him of his every action. You're basing him going to NYK off what? Really... Because he's only been with TWO teams his entire career. The same amount or less than:

Allen Iverson
Michael Jordan
Shaquille ONeal
Wilt Chamberlain
KAJ
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley

And countless other legends and HOF's. Can you at least have some logic applied?

bucketss
07-24-2014, 01:49 AM
ray ray should come to L.A to play with kobe.

goingfor28
07-24-2014, 01:53 AM
Bbbbbut heat fans said he would retire or stay in miami. That there was no way he'd go to cleveland

Oh

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Cool.

It's generalizing that the whole thread about Ray Allen was about Lebron potentially leaving in two years brought up by Laker fans.

Got it.

Oh-and you can think what you want about what kind of person I am, because I give 0 ***** about it. :rock::whistle:

Have a good rest of your convo.

U mad?

You got mad at someone who didn't pick houston to make the playoffs, so you give a damn ****! :D

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:56 AM
ray ray should come to L.A to play with kobe.

you're pretty bad at trolling, but I suppose you know it already

Htownballa1622
07-24-2014, 01:59 AM
U mad?

You got mad at someone who didn't pick houston to make the playoffs, so you give a damn ****! :D

Reading comprehension is key. I said I don't care what YOU think of me.

My sig has to do with how asinine I think it is so I display it.

I'm great. :dance2:

Mr.B
07-24-2014, 02:00 AM
He went from Cleveland to Miami to Cleveland.. How does that even hint at no loyalty? You weren't as silly months ago.. Why the sudden change? You get worse and worse with these ridiculous posts that signify nothing. It's a lose-lose situation for James no matter where he signed. There are haters who will deprive him of his every action. You're basing him going to NYK off what? Really... Because he's only been with TWO teams his entire career. The same amount or less than:

Allen Iverson
Michael Jordan
Shaquille ONeal
Wilt Chamberlain
KAJ
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley

And countless other legends and HOF's. Can you at least have some logic applied?

To be honest Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Alonzo Morning, Larry Johnson, Dennis Rodman, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, and countless other hall of famers (or near hall of famers) switched teams. Guys like Kobe, Dirk, Stockton, Duncan, and Russell that played their entire career with the same team are rare.

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Reading comprehension is key. I said I don't care what YOU think of me.

My sig has to do with how asinine I think it is so I display it.

I'm great. :dance2:

vainness confirm what I thought, thank you :rolleyes:

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 02:07 AM
To be honest Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Alonzo Morning, Larry Johnson, Dennis Rodman, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, and countless other hall of famers (or near hall of famers) switched teams. Guys like Kobe, Dirk, Stockton, Duncan, and Russell that played their entire career with the same team are rare.

both didn't want to leave but they were traded for youth

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 02:09 AM

And what do you know... 3/5 of those players had a GREAT FRONT OFFICE/reputable franchise. Stockton had a better player in Karl Malone. None of those guys can relate to what James had to go through except Dirk - but at least Dallas made an effort to get better players. Cleveland never did that. 7 years, crappy coach, crappy roster, and everyone blaming him for quitting and not winning rings.. sorry, but none of those players ever experienced the same situation.

There's a reason that Cleveland organization or Cleveland in general haven't won a thing..

Mr.B
07-24-2014, 02:11 AM
It was really sad to see Ewing in a Sonics uni. Oddly enough though, that Sonics team with Ewing is the team Dirk gained his confidence again. The first team he ever dunked on a guy was again Vin Baker I think.

Deception
07-24-2014, 02:12 AM
looks like Lebrons boyfriend finally comes out when the Love trade is about to go down for the Cavs. Bad Move (t)Ray(tor) Allen - you've just wasted your last season on a team that may not even make it out of the East, let alon a championship.

And the Heat will?

bucketss
07-24-2014, 02:13 AM
you're pretty bad at trolling, but I suppose you know it already

huh whats that even suppose to mean smh.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 02:15 AM
And what do you know... 3/5 of those players had a GREAT FRONT OFFICE/reputable franchise. Stockton had a better player in Karl Malone. None of those guys can relate to what James had to go through except Dirk - but at least Dallas made an effort to get better players. Cleveland never did that. 7 years, crappy coach, crappy roster, and everyone blaming him for quitting and not winning rings.. sorry, but none of those players ever experienced the same situation.

There's a reason that Cleveland organization or Cleveland in general haven't won a thing..

Nobody blames LeBron for leaving that group of Garbage Pail Kids in Cleveland in 2010 it's just the way he did it was that of a diva and rubbed people the wrong way even if he did donate all that money from The Decision to a charity. The whole thing was premeditated and they dragged it on way too long. The guy didn't wake up that morning and choose Miami, it was set in motion long before that.

Mr.B
07-24-2014, 02:16 AM

Oh and to be fair, the fact that they are even in the conversation for Kevin Love shows that they realized the way they did things in the past was the wrong way.

bucketss
07-24-2014, 02:18 AM
would have loved allen on the spurs though remember all those threes from mills/green pretyy much the whole team, imagine allen sliding in there?

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 02:22 AM
The funny thing about all this is that LeBron probably couldn't probably get his best friend in the world to play with him that first stint in Cleveland but then he goes to Miami, goes to four straight Finals, wins two, decides to come back home and now players are leaving footprints on one another and can't get to Cleveland fast enough. Some of these vet players look sad following guys around everywhere they go. Why didn't LeBron just go to Minnesota to join Love instead of Love having to be traded away? Minnesota deserves to be a winner if freaking Cleveland can now be the hotbed of the sports universe.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Nobody blames LeBron for leaving that group of Garbage Pail Kids in Cleveland in 2010 it's just the way he did it was that of a diva and rubbed people the wrong way even if he did donate all that money from The Decision to a charity. The whole thing was premeditated and they dragged it on way too long. The guy didn't wake up that morning and choose Miami, it was set in motion long before that.

And yet.. I bet if he resigned with Cleveland on that day, no one would have said a thing. Even if we say it was a bad move by him, who cares? He chose his team and he had every right to do so. People just cry about stuff that doesn't affect anything at all. Questioning James actions in "The Decision" questions him as a person. From 16-29, have we not heard anything that raised some concerns regarding James? Never went to jail, never got caught smoking or whatever that nonsense athletes get caught with, never allegedly raped anyone.. Point is, he seems like a good guy who excels at basketball. How he did it is a matter of subjectivity.

Oh and to be fair, the fact that they are even in the conversation for Kevin Love shows that they realized the way they did things in the past was the wrong way.

It just shows that Gilbert doesn't want to have the fear of having his investment PLUMMET. Let's face it. Cleveland is incompetent. Maybe their new GM and coach can reshape the front office a bit but they hired Mike Brown only to fire him. Why did they hire this fool in the first place? It was clear Mike Brown was the product of LeBron's greatness. He's an average coach who relies on his star players to carry the load and when that didn't work out (Kobe/Kyrie), he got fired.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 02:30 AM
The funny thing about all this is that LeBron probably couldn't probably get his best friend in the world to play with him that first stint in Cleveland but then he goes to Miami, goes to four straight Finals, wins two, decides to come back home and now players are leaving footprints on one another and can't get to Cleveland fast enough. Some of these vet players look sad following guys around everywhere they go. Why didn't LeBron just go to Minnesota to join Love instead of Love having to be traded away? Minnesota deserves to be a winner if freaking Cleveland can now be the hotbed of the sports universe.

1) More money if he signs with Cleveland. Endorsements will blow off the roof.
2) He has more control in Cleveland.
3) He's reunited with his people. (Friends and family?)
4) James actually did try recruiting players to go to Cleveland. No one wanted to go there because it's Cleveland. It's not as if he just up and went to another team. According to his agent, he really tried to get them to team up in Cleveland and considering Toronto, Cleveland, and Miami, I think you're a fool to consider going to anything besides Miami.
5) I agree that these vets are like sad puppies but I think James Jones, Mike Miller, and Ray Allen genuinely had a great relationship with one another. James Jones and Ray Allen went on a vacation trip with James - not Bosh, Wade, etc,. Most likely because James was much closer to those two than Wade/Bosh. He's defended those players when things got rough. When Miller was amnestied, he was frustrated. When James Jones didn't get playing time, he vented. And him and Allen are just two players who connect really well with each other because of their high IQ and dedication to the game.

seikou8
07-24-2014, 03:55 AM

one thing about your sig im pretty sure he left philly and was traded to the lakers but okay

IKnowHoops
07-24-2014, 04:07 AM

He's joining the Cavs. And then people like you would say he thinks he's bigger than the team or sport. To you he is joining the Cleveland Lebrons so to you, whether you know it or not, he is bigger than the sport.

TheNumber37
07-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Bucks... Sonics. Celtics..Heat, Cavs?

Ray Allen was a more respectable guy just a few years ago

bucketss
07-24-2014, 04:42 AM

he was traded twice, the celtics tried trading him multiple times, so he just left. now he has 1 year left and is championship chasing. nothing wrong with that,.

P&GRealist
07-24-2014, 05:03 AM

He's become a bonified journeyman and ring chaser.

3ballbomber
07-24-2014, 05:16 AM
And the Heat will?
Who mentioned anything about the Heat!

3ballbomber
07-24-2014, 05:17 AM
would have loved allen on the spurs though remember all those threes from mills/green pretyy much the whole team, imagine allen sliding in there?
Ray Ray wants to ride Leruns nuts sacks tho

PurpleLynch
07-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Good backup and great longevity. That 1996 draft was good,people tend to forget.
Kobe,AI,Allen,Marbury,Nash,Stojakovic,Jermaine O'neal,Ilgauskas,Camby,Walker...

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 05:32 AM
It was really sad to see Ewing in a Sonics uni. Oddly enough though, that Sonics team with Ewing is the team Dirk gained his confidence again. The first team he ever dunked on a guy was again Vin Baker I think.

loool I didn't remember that, poor vin baker what a waste of talent

one thing about your sig im pretty sure he left philly and was traded to the lakers but okay

if you're talking about high school, okayyyy you can go back sleeping now

He's joining the Cavs. And then people like you would say he thinks he's bigger than the team or sport. To you he is joining the Cleveland Lebrons so to you, whether you know it or not, he is bigger than the sport.

he's bigger than cleveland that's for sure, people who burned his jersey now welcome him with open arms, it says it all

Kenny Powders
07-24-2014, 07:36 AM
loool I didn't remember that, poor vin baker what a waste of talent

if you're talking about high school, okayyyy you can go back sleeping now

he's bigger than cleveland that's for sure, people who burned his jersey now welcome him with open arms, it says it all

Your sig is funny. Wasn't Kobe drafted by the Hornets?

RaginRondo17
07-24-2014, 07:38 AM
I thought he said from the start of free agency he was going to follow Lebron. Rays jumper is a thing of beauty and his conditioning is top notch, he could stand in the corner and launch 3's for another 3+ years.

king4day
07-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Good signing. Amazing how a month ago, no vet wanted to go to Cleveland. Once LeBron returns, Miller and Allen want to play there and Kevin Love decides he will sign an extension there.

Wait until the cap increases too and they have another 10-20 mil to spend...

beasted86
07-24-2014, 08:34 AM
I'll post the same thing here I've said before.

The Cavs went after Miller hard because that's who they thought was worth their room Mid-Level. They then signed Jones for the minimum. Allen signing there is basically agreeing he is an afterthought player like Jones and is only worth the minimum. It's also Allen saying he'd rather play behind Waiters, Wiggins, LeBron, and Miller at the SG/SF positions, than go to a team like Miami or Houston where he would be the primary backup SG and see 25+ minutes.

At this point if I'm Allen, I'm not taking the minimum anywhere and either moving my family around nor being away from my family living in another city, playing for the minimum like an afterthought add on player, when I'd be worth more than that even at this point. That stands for Miami too. If a team wants my services they need to be a deep playoff contending team, and they need to show me the money to show they really wanted me and other (sometimes inferior) players weren't worth more and were a bigger priority to sign this summer.

So with those qualifiers, I think Houston still has either a little cap space or their $2.7m room Mid-Level. I would be looking at them or maybe even the Pacers have some of their Mid-Level left and they desperately need bench shooters.

ManRam
07-24-2014, 09:31 AM
I think it's quite humorous that Kobe fans are so upset (confused?) that there are players that have played with LeBron and REALLY want to keep playing with him down the road regardless of where he is.

Yanks All Day
07-24-2014, 09:36 AM
It makes all the sense in the world for Ray Allen to come back and joint LeBron. The guy's in incredible shape and can do what he does best: move without the ball, find a spot, and shoot. Obviously, LeBron loves having him as a teammate, and I don't think it's a coincidence that LBJ's jumper has gotten progressively better while being around good shooters. LeBron knows Ray Ray can still play ball at a high level, so it's a win-win for everyone involved.

Chronz
07-24-2014, 09:41 AM
I think it's quite humorous that Kobe fans are so upset (confused?) that there are players that have played with LeBron and REALLY want to keep playing with him down the road regardless of where he is.

LMFAO. What a concept.... they are used to seeing teammates get thrown under the bus I guess.

Chronz
07-24-2014, 09:43 AM

He gained more respect in my book. Guys can only add to their careers by continuing to play.

Vinylman
07-24-2014, 10:04 AM

meh... most of the bad moves in Cleveland were to appease Lebron and his desire to win... the slow build would have benefitted them rather than trying to get the flavor of the moment... Lebron is as responsible for what happened there as the FO..

people need to quit giving him a pass

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 10:55 AM

So he was drafted by charlotte, spent like what, 2 or 3 hours before being traded, and so in your logic he left them like a guy who was raised in there and played for them like for 7 years???

No, YOU are funny dude.

Kenny Powders
07-24-2014, 11:05 AM
So he was drafted by charlotte, spent like what, 2 or 3 hours before being traded, and so in your logic he left them like a guy who was raised in there and played for them like for 7 years???

No, YOU are funny dude.

I was only messing around, don't be so uptight

OT: we are planning our honeymoon to Paris for late next summer/early fall. Planning on staying in the Latin Quarter? And good hotels to recommend for 100 euros a night? Or maybe other areas to stay? Can PM me if you want

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 11:59 AM
I'll post the same thing here I've said before.

The Cavs went after Miller hard because that's who they thought was worth their room Mid-Level. They then signed Jones for the minimum. Allen signing there is basically agreeing he is an afterthought player like Jones and is only worth the minimum. It's also Allen saying he'd rather play behind Waiters, Wiggins, LeBron, and Miller at the SG/SF positions, than go to a team like Miami or Houston where he would be the primary backup SG and see 25+ minutes.

At this point if I'm Allen, I'm not taking the minimum anywhere and either moving my family around nor being away from my family living in another city, playing for the minimum like an afterthought add on player, when I'd be worth more than that even at this point. That stands for Miami too. If a team wants my services they need to be a deep playoff contending team, and they need to show me the money to show they really wanted me and other (sometimes inferior) players weren't worth more and were a bigger priority to sign this summer.

So with those qualifiers, I think Houston still has either a little cap space or their $2.7m room Mid-Level. I would be looking at them or maybe even the Pacers have some of their Mid-Level left and they desperately need bench shooters.

.... Why would he go back to Miami? They don't have a better roster than Cleveland and Allen probably doesn't have a close relationship with those other players outside of Wade. He wants to win a ring and Allen isn't stupid. Playing with James and being James mentor gives him the best opportunity to win. You can get mad that everyone is going to Cleveland but fact is, they just want to play with James. He's a fun teammate to be around with? Idk what it is but how many players this season openly stated that they will follow/resign if James stays? It's not a coincidence at all. Ray Allen is 39 years old. I doubt he cares whether or not at this point if he's a starter or backup. He's getting examined before he makes a decision; which can only mean he's not sure if he can even compete anymore. He's a 15-20 minute guy at Cleveland and that's all they need from him. There's absolutely nothing left for Allen to show or prove. I think you're overestimating the importance of Allen wanting to play with LeBron. Cavs went after Mike Miller because James wanted to play with Mike Miller. It was no secret that James liked Miller's game. Miami made a horrible move amnestying Mike.

beasted86
07-24-2014, 12:06 PM
.... Why would he go back to Miami? They don't have a better roster than Cleveland and Allen probably doesn't have a close relationship with those other players outside of Wade. He wants to win a ring and Allen isn't stupid. Playing with James and being James mentor gives him the best opportunity to win. You can get mad that everyone is going to Cleveland but fact is, they just want to play with James. He's a fun teammate to be around with? Idk what it is but how many players this season openly stated that they will follow/resign if James stays? It's not a coincidence at all. Ray Allen is 39 years old. I doubt he cares whether or not at this point if he's a starter or backup. He's getting examined before he makes a decision; which can only mean he's not sure if he can even compete anymore. He's a 15-20 minute guy at Cleveland and that's all they need from him. There's absolutely nothing left for Allen to show or prove. I think you're overestimating the importance of Allen wanting to play with LeBron. Cavs went after Mike Miller because James wanted to play with Mike Miller. It was no secret that James liked Miller's game. Miami made a horrible move amnestying Mike.

Where above did I say he should go back to Miami? I'm pretty certain I said the opposite since all Miami has to offer is the veteran minimum. Please read the message next time and don't assume things because it's coming from a fan of a certain team.

I said he should go to a team that's willing to pay him and play him. Being away from your family/moving them around to ring chase while riding the pine making the minimum, when he's worth more than that is definitely not the way he's envisioning ending his career. I'd also like to see your minute distribution between the Cavs depth chart where they can find 15 minutes for Allen.

Arch Stanton
07-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Where above did I say he should go back to Miami? I'm pretty certain I said the opposite since all Miami has to offer is the veteran minimum. Please read the message next time and don't assume things because it's coming from a fan of a certain team.

I said he should go to a team that's willing to pay him and play him. Being away from your family/moving them around to ring chase while riding the pine making the minimum, when he's worth more than that is definitely not the way he's envisioning ending his career. I'd also like to see your minute distribution between the Cavs depth chart where they can find 15 minutes for Allen.

I don't think the Cavs are done making moves. If they trade Wiggins for Love then there will be some space in the rotation. There has also been talk about moving Waiters (which I don't see happening), but if it did then obviously there would be more space. Plus Waiters is more of a combo guard who will probably get extended minutes backing up Irving now that Jack is gone. So they could make it work.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 12:36 PM
I think Waiters has to go if you're going to keep Wiggins. Wiggins will fit in nicely at the SG because he's quite small for a SF. And Waiters has shown his disapproval of not being the go-to-guy. Really doubt he'll get more possessions with James/Kyrie there and possibly Love. He has to go at this point. I'd say Bennett/Waiters/1st round pick and those un-guaranteed contracts but it's tough to say what Cavs are going to do. They are making moves left and right.

beasted86
07-24-2014, 01:07 PM
I don't think the Cavs are done making moves. If they trade Wiggins for Love then there will be some space in the rotation. There has also been talk about moving Waiters (which I don't see happening), but if it did then obviously there would be more space. Plus Waiters is more of a combo guard who will probably get extended minutes backing up Irving now that Jack is gone. So they could make it work.

Even with Waiters expectedly playing some (not all) the backup PG minutes, I don't even see 10 minutes.

Irving 32 / Dellavedova 10 / Waiters 6
Waiters 20 / Wiggins 24 / Miller 4
James 36 / Miller 12

And this has all of Irving, Waiters, and LeBron playing career low minutes, and Miller playing less minutes than last year. Also shuts Jones out of the rotation (again), and relegates Bennett to full time PF.

But you are right if they make some trades they might find some time... though it doesn't make sense to sign before those trades are madeor they tell him for sure "X" trade is in place and you will play "X" minutes in the main regular rotation.

Arch Stanton
07-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Even with Waiters expectedly playing some (not all) the backup PG minutes, I don't even see 10 minutes.

Irving 32 / Dellavedova 10 / Waiters 6
Waiters 20 / Wiggins 24 / Miller 4
James 36 / Miller 12

And this has all of Irving, Waiters, and LeBron playing career low minutes, and Miller playing less minutes than last year. Also shuts Jones out of the rotation (again), and relegates Bennett to full time PF.

But you are right if they make some trades they might find some time... though it doesn't make sense to sign before those trades are madeor they tell him for sure "X" trade is in place and you will play "X" minutes in the main regular rotation.

And just to add Bennett would probably be involved in the trade for Love also.

benzni
07-24-2014, 01:17 PM

funny thing is he was born in Philly. LA is a long way from Philly so therefore he is a long way from home.

beasted86
07-24-2014, 01:18 PM
And just to add Bennett would probably be involved in the trade for Love also.

While I understand that, the rumors seem to suggest he's willing/going to sign there whether they make trades or not.

NBA_Starter
07-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Kyrie / Delly
Waiters / Wiggins / Allen
LeBron / Miller
Thompson / Bennett
AV / Haywood

That could be the #1 seed in the East right now.

NYKNYGNYY
07-24-2014, 08:02 PM
I guess Ray Allen gets one of lebrons testicles and mike miller gets the other?

NBA_Starter
07-24-2014, 08:11 PM
However you chop it up its a winner.