PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #9 PG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
07-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

1) Chris Paul
2) Russel Westbrook
3) Stephen Curry
4) Tony Parker
5) Kyle Lowry
6) Damian Lillard
7) John Wall
8) Kyrie Irving
9)
10)

2013 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Tony Parker
3) Russel Westbrook
4) Stephen Curry
5) Kyrie Irving
6) Deron Williams
7) Rajon Rondo
8) Mike Conley
9) John Wall
10) Ty Lawson

2012 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Deron Williams
5) Rajon Rondo
6) Tony Parker
7) Steve Nash
8) Kyrie Irving
9) Kyle Lowry
10) Ty Lawson

2011 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Deron Williams
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Steve Nash
6) Rajon Rondo
7) Tony Parker
8) Jason Kidd
9) Chauncey Billups
10) Stephen Curry

2010 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Deron Williams
2) Chris Paul
3) Steve Nash
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Derrick Rose
6) Chauncey Billups
7) Russel Westbrook
8) Tony Parker
9) Jason Kidd
10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Chauncey Billups
4) Tony Parker
5) Steve Nash
6) Derrick Rose
7) Devin Harris
8) Rajon Rondo
9) Jose Calderon
10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

Mile High Champ
07-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Mods please sticky this thread. Thanks

seikou8
07-23-2014, 10:30 PM
ty lawson time is here

DR_1
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Mike Conley. He should have gone earlier IMO

tredigs
07-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Conley has a strong case for #4. I won't vote because it helps prove that these are worthless rankings (no offense to the idea, it's a fine concept), but he should probably be gone.

Mile High Champ
07-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Conley has a strong case for #4. I won't vote because it helps prove that these are worthless rankings, but he should probably be gone.

It is simply for fun and enjoyment. Meant to invoke discussion and debate amongst users. I would hardly call it worthless as we are at least getting the opinion of the PSD users of who the top players are at each position. It is for PSD and PSD only.

tredigs
07-23-2014, 11:08 PM
It is simply for fun and enjoyment. Meant to invoke discussion and debate amongst users. I would hardly call it worthless as we are at least getting the opinion of the PSD users of who the top players are at each position. It is for PSD and PSD only.
I say it only because virtually nobody votes and there is terrible discussion.

I'd say that a top 3 rather than a drawn out top 10 (with a longer voting process on those 3) would probably invoke the more vigorous voting and debate we're looking for. As it is, it's dead.

mrblisterdundee
07-24-2014, 01:32 AM
Conley has a strong case for #4. I won't vote because it helps prove that these are worthless rankings (no offense to the idea, it's a fine concept), but he should probably be gone.

It helps prove you're a blowhard who takes his opinion as fact. That said, you have an argument for picking Mike Conley higher. He's one of the best defensive point guards in the league.
Kyle Lowry, in my opinion, deserved the number four spot. He contributed more to wins defensively and offensively than any other player picked since number four except for Wall, who contributed the most defensively. Wall was also a better floor general than anyone picked since Chris Paul, and his offense keeps getting better and going out farther.
All in all, I could live with ranking Conley number six, but not ahead of Lowry and Wall. Even then, I still feel as if I'm snubbing Tony Parker and Damian Lillard Kyrie Irving had a really off year, but LeBron James is going to perk him up this season.

unleashthebeast
07-24-2014, 01:36 AM
Conley here, Bledsoe to close it out

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2014, 02:11 AM
Conleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

IgglesFanInCO
07-24-2014, 02:49 AM
Lawson should have gone a lot earlier, way better than who's left

tredigs
07-24-2014, 03:07 AM
It helps prove you're a blowhard who takes his opinion as fact. That said, you have an argument for picking Mike Conley higher. He's one of the best defensive point guards in the league.
Kyle Lowry, in my opinion, deserved the number four spot. He contributed more to wins defensively and offensively than any other player picked since number four except for Wall, who contributed the most defensively. Wall was also a better floor general than anyone picked since Chris Paul, and his offense keeps getting better and going out farther.
All in all, I could live with ranking Conley number six, but not ahead of Lowry and Wall. Even then, I still feel as if I'm snubbing Tony Parker and Damian Lillard Kyrie Irving had a really off year, but LeBron James is going to perk him up this season.
All I see is a rambling blowhard diatribe with nothing to back it up; Like basically every other post in these threads.

85BearsDefense
07-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Rondo so underrated....

Bruno
07-24-2014, 02:52 PM
...tough choice.

Bruno
07-24-2014, 02:53 PM

I'd say that a top 3 rather than a drawn out top 10 (with a longer voting process on those 3) would probably invoke the more vigorous voting and debate we're looking for. As it is, it's dead.

so salty digs.

Sadds The Gr8
07-24-2014, 03:12 PM

yea the activity sucks after about 5-6. we should do top 5 instead of 10. people don't give a crap about 6-on looking at the # of votes

Anyways, Conley shoulda been ahead of Irving

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2014, 09:02 PM
I'd say 5-10 are alll w/in the same range:
Lowry/Lillard/Wall/Irving/Conley/Lawson. None of them are way better than another, as of now Id say they're all around the same level.
We'll see how Rose and Rondo return next season

JasonJohnHorn
07-25-2014, 07:41 AM
It is about time Conley is getting some serious love now.... his defense, playing making and unselfishness makes him one of the best point guards in the league right now.

People will think I'm a nut for saying this, but I'd rather have him than Wall, Lillard, Lowry or Irving.

I like Lillard and Lowry, don't get me wrong, and I hope Wall and Irving develop, but I just have a lot of respect for Conley's game.

Shammyguy3
07-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Isaiah Thomas absolutely has to be on this list ahead of Kemba Walker, Rajon Rondo, Ricky Rubio. So, I nominate him for the next poll

Kaner
07-26-2014, 12:49 AM
#8 definitely should have been reopened there were like 5-6 post saying they would have voted for conley if it was.

Shammyguy3
07-26-2014, 01:10 AM
I think Conley's fine at #9 (and I've been voting for him for quite some time). I think it's crazier that Isaiah Thomas hasn't been added to the poll (honestly Rose shouldn't be on this list at all)