PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and LeBron against Michael and Scottie in 2v2. Who've you got?

Bruno
07-23-2014, 06:17 PM
who've you got?

I'll move this to the comparisons thread once it gets some traction.

goingfor28
07-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Prob kobe and lbj

jaydubb
07-23-2014, 06:22 PM
If we're talking prime vs prime then it is

MJ>Kobe
Lebron>pippen

I think very interesting 2 on 2 game because on first look, lebron is better then pippen, but pippen is a great defender..

It'd be tough, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say mj/pippen would win mostly because we already know how well they played together, we won't know how good a lebron/Kobe duo would be.

RLundi
07-23-2014, 06:25 PM
I got Michael and Scottie.

In one on one, I think MJ and Kobe pretty much nearly cancel each other out. But I can see Scottie doing a number on LeBron.

You gotta have sort of a mean streak to compete with MJ and Pippen, and LeBron doesn't have that. I think Jordan and Pippen would exploit that.

Sheer talent, I take Kobe and LeBron. But if I'm betting money on a winner, I take MJ and Scottie every single time.

InRoseWeTrust
07-23-2014, 06:25 PM
MJ/Pippen because:

(1) MJ>Kobe (I would say this is obvious); and
(2) Pippen is one of the best perimeter defenders of all time, which would probably bother LeBron enough to secure the win.

P.S. I'm obviously biased.

KnicksorBust
07-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Kobe and LeBron. Better shooters.

Vinylman
07-23-2014, 06:32 PM
at least mj and scottie would know who is taking the last shot

MickeyMgl
07-23-2014, 06:37 PM

I would think Kobe and Lebron do, too.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Jordan and Pippen have played together, a lot.

Don't underestimate the power of teamwork and chemistry

RLundi
07-23-2014, 06:40 PM

LeBron once passed the ball to Udonis Haslem for a last second shot.

Udonis Haslem.

I think we both know who would take the shot between LBJ and Kobe.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 06:42 PM
I got Michael and Scottie.

In one on one, I think MJ and Kobe pretty much nearly cancel each other out. But I can see Scottie doing a number on LeBron.

You gotta have sort of a mean streak to compete with MJ and Pippen, and LeBron doesn't have that. I think Jordan and Pippen would exploit that.

Sheer talent, I take Kobe and LeBron. But if I'm betting money on a winner, I take MJ and Scottie every single time.
Yup, for the simple fact that MJ and Scottie will go Kukoc on LeBron like the 92 dream team. Take turns guarding him and own and embarrass him.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 06:45 PM
pippen can't guard lebron IMO

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
:drool: how crazy would this be to watch!

This is veryyy close, but I think Kobe and lebron would flourish in a 2v2. I got them by a hair

RLundi
07-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Yup, for the simple fact that MJ and Scottie will go Kukoc on LeBron like the 92 dream team. Take turns guarding him and own and embarrass him.

Exactly this.

It's weird to imagine LeBron being bullied but that's exactly what I think Jordan and Pippen would do to him, and by extension, Kobe would also bully LeBron because of the fact that he's letting himself be bullied by MJ and Scottie. It'd be a vicious cycle.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 06:50 PM

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Exactly this.

It's weird to imagine LeBron being bullied but that's exactly what I think Jordan and Pippen would do to him, and by extension, Kobe would also bully LeBron because of the fact that he's letting himself be bullied by MJ and Scottie. It'd be a vicious cycle.

Kobe will end up having to play 2 vs 1 because LeBron would have already have checked out midway mentally and due to something like cramps due to overexerting himself against the defenses of Scottie and Michael.

valade16
07-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Jordan and Pippen have played together, a lot.

Don't underestimate the power of teamwork and chemistry

That's what I was thinking.

I'm leaning MJ/Pippen but I think if they played 10 games the winning team would win 6, that's how close it would be.

KnicksorBust
07-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Exactly this.

Kobe will end up having to play 2 vs 1 because LeBron would have already have checked out midway mentally and due to something like cramps due to overexerting himself against the defenses of Scottie and Michael.

Lol. Trolling at its finest.

KingPosey
07-23-2014, 07:01 PM
As good as Lebron is, he has terrible footwork and no one on one moves. I take Jordan Nd Pippen all day and don't hesitate on that match up

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2014, 07:01 PM
:laugh2:

bucketss
07-23-2014, 07:02 PM
i think lebron and kobe compliment each other very well, i didn't read the question properly - if its 2 on 2 and obviously half court, im going with mj/pippen. lebron wouldn't exert his athleticism to his full capabilities. but i would still take the duo of kobe/lebron if i was starting a team.

DR_1
07-23-2014, 07:02 PM

:facepalm:

Pippin is perhaps the greatest perimeter defender of all time. Of course he can guard LeBron. MJ and Pip take this.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 07:07 PM
also the matchups, i think jordan is too strong for kobe to handle in the post, and too quick for lebron to handle in the perimeter.

now you have pippen who would also probably back kobe down pretty easily imo.

IgglesFanInCO
07-23-2014, 07:12 PM
The chemistry factor makes me think MJ and Scottie would win

But if Kobe/LBJ had the same level of chemistry, I would go with them

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Exactly this.

Lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-23-2014, 07:45 PM
also the matchups, i think jordan is too strong for kobe to handle in the post, and too quick for lebron to handle in the perimeter.

Your a fool if you think Kobe wouldn't have his way with pippen.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 08:04 PM

you're*

i think pippen can do a good job. it's always hard to guard kobe because he seems to the king in making tough shots, so you really don't know what will happen.

majmarcus
07-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Kobe has had his way with Pippen lol. But I'll take MJ & Scottie over Kobe & Lebron. The primary reason: Lebron...he will mentally fold up at some point

KnicksorBust
07-23-2014, 08:06 PM
you're*

i think pippen can do a good job. it's always hard to guard kobe because he seems to the king in making tough shots, so you really don't know what will happen.

MJ is the best 1 on 1 player ever. Kobe is the 2nd best 1 on 1 player ever. LeBron is the 3rd best 1 on 1 player ever. Pippen is the 176th best 1 on 1 player ever. Gimme Kob and Bron.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Kobe has had his way with Pippen lol. But I'll take MJ & Scottie over Kobe & Lebron. The primary reason: Lebron...he will mentally fold up at some point

you guys are seriously exaggerating with this stuff who would fold up in a 2 on 2 game LMAO

mrblisterdundee
07-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Exactly this.

I seriously doubt that LeBron's getting bullied so much as bulling over Pippen and Jordan. There's no way either of them have the power needed to stop that freight train. Ball-handling might be an issue, although I'd argue that LeBron's the best passer on the court.
Kobe and LeBron are better offensively, and Jordan and Pippen are better defensively. But I'm giving it to the side with the most combined talent.

jerellh528
07-23-2014, 08:18 PM
It would come down to lbj vs pippen because mj vs Kobe would be a wash. Can lbj handle the constant barrage of physicality pippen would harass him with? If so, I'd say Kobe and Lebron because Lebron is a better scorer than pippen if he's fully in it mentally.

mrblisterdundee
07-23-2014, 08:23 PM
:facepalm:

Pippin is perhaps the greatest perimeter defender of all time. Of course he can guard LeBron. MJ and Pip take this.

How awesome would it be to see Dennis Rodman guard LeBron James?

dannyy08
07-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Kobe and LBJ

No one is bullying any of these four guys.

jerellh528
07-23-2014, 08:29 PM
It would probably just turn into Kobe vs Jordan because of thier competitiveness, with Lebron and pippen grabbin the rebounds lol.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Kobe turns the scales in the other guys favor for me.

TDE
07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Kobe and Bron, Ill rather start a team with them too, whatever Kobe lacks vs Jordan, Lebron more than
compensates for it.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 08:53 PM

Jamal Mashburn dropped 50 on Pippen. Now you supplement a bigger faster stronger version...Good luck Pippen, Jordan don't even try it.

FYL_McVeezy
07-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Bulls.

Pip could guard LBJ

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-23-2014, 08:59 PM
your a fool if you think kobe wouldn't have his way with pippen.

you're*

i think pippen can do a good job. It's always hard to guard kobe because he seems to the king in making tough shots, so you really don't know what will happen.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 09:08 PM
If Kobe could play even with Jordan, big if, then Lebron and Kobe kill. Noone can guard Lebron 1 on 1. Who ever the sacrificial lamb is would get abused beyond recognition. Plus if Kobe were to play even with Mike its a rap because none ever guards and outplays/outproduces Lebron. Just trying to guard Bron is like going 100% on offense and defense. Durant really can't go 5 min on Bron without picking up 3 fouls and switching off.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Bulls.

Pip could guard LBJ

If he had two big men waiting in the lane.

seikou8
07-23-2014, 09:16 PM

its game of 2 v 2 not a nba finals game lebron would fine he has the strength and size to dominate in the post and also getting to the rim.this game would be close every time unless someone gets hot.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 09:17 PM
its game of 2 v 2 not a nba finals game lebron would fine he has the strength and size to dominate in the post and also getting to the rim.this game would be close every time unless someone gets hot.
Bron better hydrate himself pre-game. That's all I ask.

MTar786
07-23-2014, 09:21 PM
well seeing as a lot of people here would take mj and pippen

I guess we should all stop and think about the help that MJ had throughout his career.. Its basically the equivalent of a Lebron having a kobe on his team from his young days till his career is over. would they win 6 rings? I would say at the least they would. especially if you add a guy like grant or rodman on the team on top of that.

imagine if like from 2005-2009 it was a core of

kobe/lebron/rasheed Wallace (grant wallace similar numbers)

and then like

09-14 it was

lebron/kobe/ joakim noah? lol

thats like 10 rings guaranteed pretty much lol

hidalgo
07-23-2014, 09:23 PM
MJ & Scottie all dayh. MJ would get into that refuse to lose zone, & go monte carlo on their candy @sses

Yanks All Day
07-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Has the LeBron hate really hit this level? We're thinking he'd mentally fold in a 2-on-2 game? The guy has taken the most public punishment in the HISTORY of the NBA. Literally every aspect of his life has been dissected and criticized for his entire career, most critically the last 4 seasons in Miami. How has he responded? 4 MVPs and 2 championships so far. The idea that he's "mentally weak" is something Skip Bayless made up and LeBron haters piggybacked on once he started moving up the GOAT list.

In terms of the actual game, LeBron and Kobe would win the 2-on-2 fairly easily. If Kobe can play on even the same level as MJ, LeBron's talent would take them the rest of the way. He's the biggest, strongest, and fastest of the four. At this point in his career, LeBron's jump shot is even better than Kobe's or Jordan's ever was. He'll be able to play the perimeter just as well as he can play the lane. It'd just be too much.

jpagemn
07-23-2014, 09:29 PM
If Kobe could play even with Jordan, big if, then Lebron and Kobe kill. Noone can guard Lebron 1 on 1. Who ever the sacrificial lamb is would get abused beyond recognition. Plus if Kobe were to play even with Mike its a rap because none ever guards and outplays/outproduces Lebron. Just trying to guard Bron is like going 100% on offense and defense. Durant really can't go 5 min on Bron without picking up 3 fouls and switching off.

The more I read your posts, the more I think your name is an ironic joke. You know, like calling your fat friend "tiny"

Did you just use Durant as a comparative stand in for Pippen on defense?

Kobe can't play even with Jordan, that's silly. Jordan was a very good one on one defender, and a far better one on one scorer. If Kobe is number two on the one on one list, and that's a big if, the disparity between one and two is huge.

Pippen was a very tough defender, and had the size and lateral quickness to stay in front of lebron. While lebron is a far better player, a large part of what makes him great is his vision and all around game, much of which is negated in two on two, especially with Jordan covering his outlet. Lebron could and would score on Pippen, but not with the regularity or relative ease Jordan would score on Kobe. Pippen would have a hard time scoring on lebron in the open court, but in the box is large enough with good enough footwork to cause problems, score a little, and allow Jordan to shake free of Kobe.

Couple all that with the level of familiarity Jordan and Pippen had with each other, and I think they win convincingly.

DaBear
07-23-2014, 09:29 PM

I guess we should all stop and think about the help that MJ had throughout his career.. Its basically the equivalent of a Lebron having a kobe on his team from his young days till his career is over. would they win 6 rings? I would say at the least they would. especially if you add a guy like grant or rodman on the team on top of that.

and then like

09-14 it was

Saying Jordan had the equivalent of LeBron having Kobe is pretty foolish. Shows how much you overrate Pippen.

MTar786
07-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Saying Jordan had the equivalent of LeBron having Kobe is pretty foolish. Shows how much you overrate Pippen.

you read it wrong, i said the people who think mj and pip are the better two must be thinking what i wrote. in no shape or form do i think mj and pip would be able to take kobe and lebron

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 09:33 PM

and then like

09-14 it was

Way to stay on topic bud

DaBear
07-23-2014, 09:37 PM
you read it wrong, i said the people who think mj and pip are the better two must be thinking what i wrote. in no shape or form do i think mj and pip would be able to take kobe and lebron

Just read it again. You're overrating Pippen.

TylerSL
07-23-2014, 09:47 PM
It's Kobe/Lebron, but that's not really a fair comparison. Everybody but Pippen are top 10-15 players ever. Now if it was Jordan/Bird or Kobe/Lebron, a more fair comparison, I would take Jordan/Bird.

MELO 15
07-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Just read it again. You're overrating Pippen.

There is no over rating Pippen.He was that good of a defender. Not to mention play maker. Another thing people fail to see is that the NBA has gotten soft. LeBron wouldn't have been able to survive in that era. This is why I would always give the edge to Pippen and MJ all day. And by the way pippen would give LeBron all types of fits, both physically and mentally. Pippen is still in game shape and is probably in NBA ready shape than most of the players in the league today. I can tell a lot of the people on this forum hasn't watch pippen play, because if they did than this debate of who would win wouldn't be a debate at all. And I'm not even gonna speak on MJ.

mngopher35
07-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Kobe Lebron

DaBear
07-23-2014, 10:12 PM
There is no over rating Pippen.He was that good of a defender. Not to mention play maker. Another thing people fail to see is that the NBA has gotten soft. LeBron wouldn't have been able to survive in that era. This is why I would always give the edge to Pippen and MJ all day. And by the way pippen would give LeBron all types of fits, both physically and mentally. Pippen is still in game shape and is probably in NBA ready shape than most of the players in the league today. I can tell a lot of the people on this forum hasn't watch pippen play, because if they did than this debate of who would win wouldn't be a debate at all. And I'm not even gonna speak on MJ.

Yes, he was that good of a defender. Still not close to the player that Kobe and LeBron are. In fact, this is a pretty dumb comparison.

DaBear
07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
It's Kobe/Lebron, but that's not really a fair comparison. Everybody but Pippen are top 10-15 players ever. Now if it was Jordan/Bird or Kobe/Lebron, a more fair comparison, I would take Jordan/Bird.

This

seikou8
07-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Has the LeBron hate really hit this level? We're thinking he'd mentally fold in a 2-on-2 game? The guy has taken the most public punishment in the HISTORY of the NBA. Literally every aspect of his life has been dissected and criticized for his entire career, most critically the last 4 seasons in Miami. How has he responded? 4 MVPs and 2 championships so far. The idea that he's "mentally weak" is something Skip Bayless made up and LeBron haters piggybacked on once he started moving up the GOAT list.

In terms of the actual game, LeBron and Kobe would win the 2-on-2 fairly easily. If Kobe can play on even the same level as MJ, LeBron's talent would take them the rest of the way. He's the biggest, strongest, and fastest of the four. At this point in his career, LeBron's jump shot is even better than Kobe's or Jordan's ever was. He'll be able to play the perimeter just as well as he can play the lane. It'd just be too much.

this x 1000 using the mental argument is so weak especially now i have no problem with anyone picking mj and pippen but get a new argument wtf is mentally weak anyway.

MELO 15
07-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes, he was that good of a defender. Still not close to the player that Kobe and LeBron are. In fact, this is a pretty dumb comparison.

Nobody is comparing. What I'm saying is that LeBron would not dominate against pippen because of his D, in fact LeBron would struggle!

valade16
07-23-2014, 10:19 PM

Or imagine if LeBron had like Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh??

... Oh wait.

jaydubb
07-23-2014, 10:20 PM
MJ and pippen would win

Why??

Because there would be no refs to call all of lebrons flops in his favor.

MELO 15
07-23-2014, 10:22 PM
mj and pippen would win

why??

bingo!

JasonJohnHorn
07-23-2014, 10:25 PM
People forget that Jordan and Pippen played together as teammates for over ten years... the KNOW each other.... LBJ and Kobe have only played together at the Olympics.

Jordan and Pippen, in part because they'd have superior chemistry, and also because their defense is SO good. Pippen may be the best defensive SF ever and Jordan is almost certainly the best defensive SG ever.

They'd slow Kobe/LBJ down enough, and play better together.

Not even a question in my mind.

TylerSL
07-23-2014, 10:30 PM
MJ and pippen would win

Why??

u srsly believe this?!?

FlashBolt
07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
MJ vs Kobe, I've always said 1 on 1 Kobe would beat anyone - including MJ. But since this is a team game, I also have LeBron and Kobe. Kobe was an excellent defender of his own right and James is as well. Of course, there's no telling who can exactly win as our decision is based more off our biased views on the players. "LeBron's flopping".. Okay, no flopping LeBron. Now go out there and intentionally hurt players since that's what they want. A 260lb running at you with Westbrook-like speed with an intent to hurt you.. Have fun.

Raidaz4Life
07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Kobe and Bron

Kobe and MJ would be a virtual wash in this type of game but Bron would abuse Pippen.

FlashBolt
07-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Offensively, I think Kobe is more well-rounded than MJ. MJ is a better overall player in terms of everything else but in a 2v2, having a well rounded game isn't as important as having a pure offensive game.

valade16
07-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Offensively, I think Kobe is more well-rounded than MJ. MJ is a better overall player in terms of everything else but in a 2v2, having a well rounded game isn't as important as having a pure offensive game.

You need to rewatch MJ, he was every bit as well-rounded offensively as Kobe (and better at everything except 3's).

Laughable. Let me guess, you started watching the NBA in 2000?

PowerHouse
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
who've you got?

I'll move this to the comparisons thread once it gets some traction.

The thing that makes this a landslide in favor of MJ and Pippen is that those two have 10 years experience playing together. Lebron and Kobe have zero. I was hoping the admin would give us some detail like the MJ/Pippen of 90' or 93' or 98'...but nope.

nickdymez
07-23-2014, 10:52 PM
People in here defending Lebrons mental toughness. This is the same guy that let his teammate smash his mom.

bucketss
07-24-2014, 12:03 AM
You need to rewatch MJ, he was every bit as well-rounded offensively as Kobe (and better at everything except 3's).

kobe perfected jordans own fadeaway that must suck for Mj though, would explain why he use to hate on him a bit.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:06 AM
u srsly believe this?!?
Actually I was kidding believe it or not.. I didn't think anyone would take that comment serious.. No I don't think he would try to flop if he was playing a game of 2 on 2. :up:

Flopping is a big part of lebron game, but he doesn't need to flop to be good which is why I still dont understand why he does it.

Raidaz4Life
07-24-2014, 12:07 AM

To suggest MJ was better at everything than Kobe is pretty naive.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-24-2014, 12:08 AM
I hate Kobe so...

lol, please
07-24-2014, 12:13 AM
I've got my money on Mike and scottie every time.

JustinTime
07-24-2014, 12:17 AM
MJ and Pippen simply because of the chemistry. I'm pretty sure Kobe and Lebron wouldn't get a long.

jaydubb
07-24-2014, 12:32 AM
I hate Kobe so...
:laugh2:

bucketss
07-24-2014, 12:49 AM
MJ and Pippen simply because of the chemistry. I'm pretty sure Kobe and Lebron wouldn't get a long.

only jack ***** like dwight don't get along with kobe. everyone else would love playing with him.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:01 AM

Offensively, MJ wasn't better than Kobe.. Why do you think MJ said himself that Kobe would probably be the only guy who could beat him 1v1? Kobe's offensive skillset is more diverse than MJ. He can do anything MJ does offensively. He's also probably the best at making the toughest shots possible. Stop overrating Jordan.. We're not talking about Stackhouse here; it's Kobe. Kobe's range is something MJ never touched.

JustinTime
07-24-2014, 01:06 AM
only jack ***** like dwight don't get along with kobe. everyone else would love playing with him.

He didn't get a long with Shaq either. He seems to have jealousy issues or something basically anyone who threatens him as the man he doesn't like or at-least that's how it appears.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:26 AM
MJ/Scottie for sure. M.J. is just better than Kobe being the greatest ever and all and even though LeBron is a better offensive player than Pip, Scottie is arguably the best defender 94 feet in the history of this league and if Leonard gave LeBron fits then surely Scottie would make life miserable for the King.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Offensively, MJ wasn't better than Kobe.. Why do you think MJ said himself that Kobe would probably be the only guy who could beat him 1v1? Kobe's offensive skillset is more diverse than MJ. He can do anything MJ does offensively. He's also probably the best at making the toughest shots possible. Stop overrating Jordan.. We're not talking about Stackhouse here; it's Kobe. Kobe's range is something MJ never touched.

Overrating Michael Jordan? Wow! We wouldn't want to overrate the greatest player of all-time so I guess what you are saying is that Kobe is the greatest ever? Kobe is top ten all-time but he would not be able to beat M.J. one on one. It would be close but I am pretty sure when Jordan said that we was 50 and probably meant Kobe would beat him then. :p

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:32 AM
MJ/Scottie for sure. M.J. is just better than Kobe being the greatest ever and all and even though LeBron is a better offensive player than Pip, Scottie is arguably the best defender 94 feet in the history of this league and if Leonard gave LeBron fits then surely Scottie would make life miserable for the King.

A 2v2 scheme is completely different than guarding a team aspect type of game. LeBron blows by Leonard and there is Duncan there waiting for him - aka, he has to resort to another gameplan. LeBron blows by Leonard EASY if it was a 2v2. Even against Pippen. You can't evaluate a team aspect of the game in a 2v2 because it's completely different. Half the things LeBron does won't be effective in a 2v2. He can't drive and pass to a three point shooter because MJ is definitely not leaving Kobe to double James. Jordan was better overall than Kobe but Kobe can take him 1v1. He said it himself and MJ never praises his ultimate competitors.

scissors
07-24-2014, 01:36 AM
MJ and Scottie played in a day where straight up-buckle down- man to man defense was the name of the defense game. In two on two that is a valuable skill. I honestly think the key factor to the Bulls legends winning is Kobe would have trouble guarding either of them. It would be a total defensive struggle the whole game but Kobe (even prime Kobe, and yes, I'm very aware of his many All Defense teams) is the black sheep of the 4 defensively. Whoever Kobe is guarding will have the biggest offensive game of the 4.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:36 AM
Overrating Michael Jordan? Wow! We wouldn't want to overrate the greatest player of all-time so I guess what you are saying is that Kobe is the greatest ever? Kobe is top ten all-time but he would not be able to beat M.J. one on one. It would be close but I am pretty sure when Jordan said that we was 50 and probably meant Kobe would beat him then. :p

Uhm, just because you're the GOAT doesn't mean you can't be overrated. Example: Can Jordan fly? No, so you're overrating him if you think he can. Above else, Kobe is more offensive minded than Jordan. He has a better perimeter game and his footwork is up there with Hakeem (surpassed IMO). Jordan has his upsides as well but offensively, you can't knock Kobe. He has a reputation for knocking down the toughest shot from anywhere and anyhow. Jordan wasn't as well-rounded as Kobe in terms of offensive threat. Of course in a team aspect, it would seem as if Jordan was a better scorer but in a 2v2, Kobe's offensive skillset fits those sort of games more-so than Jordan. And how do you know Kobe won't beat Jordan? That is a pointless argument because no one knows - including you. My POV is that Kobe was a better player offensively and that is why LeBron+Kobe would be a far more enticing team. Not to mention Pippen/Jordan are too small to guard LeBron. How do you stop a 260 LB bull driving to the paint in a 2v2 scheme? You can't.. Unless you're a center, you can't really stop LeBron when he does that.

bucketss
07-24-2014, 01:37 AM

hes not better than mj all around but nobody is messing with kobe one on one.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:38 AM
MJ and Scottie played in a day where straight up-buckle down- man to man defense was the name of the defense game. In two on two that is a valuable skill. I honestly think the key factor to the Bulls legends winning is Kobe would have trouble guarding either of them. It would be a total defensive struggle the whole game but Kobe (even prime Kobe, and yes, I'm very aware of his many All Defense teams) is the black sheep of the 4 defensively. Whoever Kobe is guarding will have the biggest offensive game of the 4.

Kobe was a lockdown defender in his earlier days (2001 area). Let's stop pretending he wasn't a great defender at one point.. And offense beats defense in a 2v2 game any day.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:39 AM
A 2v2 scheme is completely different than guarding a team aspect type of game. LeBron blows by Leonard and there is Duncan there waiting for him - aka, he has to resort to another gameplan. LeBron blows by Leonard EASY if it was a 2v2. Even against Pippen. You can't evaluate a team aspect of the game in a 2v2 because it's completely different. Half the things LeBron does won't be effective in a 2v2. He can't drive and pass to a three point shooter because MJ is definitely not leaving Kobe to double James. Jordan was better overall than Kobe but Kobe can take him 1v1. He said it himself and MJ never praises his ultimate competitors.

Plus this is two on two which means these matchups we talk about wouldn't be happening the whole game, there'd be switchoffs so it's basically how well they would work together. If James and Bryant developed a chemistry for 8.5 years like Scottie and Michael did then you might have something there but in the end the combination of excellence and chemistry would be too much for Mamba King to overcome.

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 01:41 AM

Pippen could never guard Kobe, either, so his team would have a problem.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Plus this is two on two which means these matchups we talk about wouldn't be happening the whole game, there'd be switchoffs so it's basically how well they would work together. If James and Bryant developed a chemistry for 8.5 years like Scottie and Michael did then you might have something there but in the end the combination of excellence and chemistry would be too much for Mamba King to overcome.

Neither you or I know how well Kobe+LeBron would play so to give Jordan+Scottie the benefit of a doubt solely on their experience together is a bit unfair. It doesn't matter if Pippen/Jordan guard James.. There is no way they can stop a driving James. Ever play basketball in the park? There's always that one big guy who no one can guard despite how good you are. There's a reason they say you can't teach size and in a game of James against 220 lb'ers, he would just dominate them in the paint. You can't physically stop that.. It's not possible in a 1v1 situation. That's why if it were a team concept, you can try and stop James by bunching the paint and forcing help but how do you force help in a 2v2?

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Kobe was a lockdown defender in his earlier days (2001 area). Let's stop pretending he wasn't a great defender at one point.. And offense beats defense in a 2v2 game any day.

Don't get me wrong I love Kobe and respect him because he is one a dying breed like Tim Duncan of guys who are just professional and all about winning rather than worrying about their brand.

Iron24th
07-24-2014, 01:49 AM

definitely kobe and lebron too, since lebron loves to pass the ball in clutch situations

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 01:50 AM

It's not like they never faced each other. We know what happened when they played.

But why refer to the reality in which Kobe owned Pippen, when you can invent a fantasy where "Pippen backs Kobe down pretty easily"? It's what makes these hypotheticals so "fun". Like, I can say that, in a game of one on one that never happened or never will happen, Steve Blake would pick AI's pocket 4 out of 5 times. Wheeeeeeeee!!

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:52 AM
Uhm, just because you're the GOAT doesn't mean you can't be overrated. Example: Can Jordan fly? No, so you're overrating him if you think he can. Above else, Kobe is more offensive minded than Jordan. He has a better perimeter game and his footwork is up there with Hakeem (surpassed IMO). Jordan has his upsides as well but offensively, you can't knock Kobe. He has a reputation for knocking down the toughest shot from anywhere and anyhow. Jordan wasn't as well-rounded as Kobe in terms of offensive threat. Of course in a team aspect, it would seem as if Jordan was a better scorer but in a 2v2, Kobe's offensive skillset fits those sort of games more-so than Jordan. And how do you know Kobe won't beat Jordan? That is a pointless argument because no one knows - including you. My POV is that Kobe was a better player offensively and that is why LeBron+Kobe would be a far more enticing team. Not to mention Pippen/Jordan are too small to guard LeBron. How do you stop a 260 LB bull driving to the paint in a 2v2 scheme? You can't.. Unless you're a center, you can't really stop LeBron when he does that.

I'm not a homer or anything but I watched both from their beginnings and that's just what I believe from my own personal eye test. It's not blasphemous to say Jordan is better than Kobe or vice versa because they are very similar. The league was different when Michael came in with guys basically dunking and running the break plus the three point shot was not sheik back then like it is now. When Kobe came in the three point shot was being used more as a weapon and even when Jordan made his comeback in '95-'96 his range was better and he was a better jump shooter and 3-point shooter than before he retired. I will agree from the beginning of their careers Kobe had the better range but let's also give credit where credit is due Shaq took a lot of pressure of him early on in his career where Jordan had the likes of Orlando Woolridge and Charles Oakley before Pip and Grant were drafted and even they couldn't help as much as a Shaq could help a young shooting guard.

bucketss
07-24-2014, 01:53 AM
It's not like they never faced each other. We know what happened when they played.

But why refer to the reality in which Kobe owned Pippen, when you can invent a fantasy where "Pippen backs Kobe down pretty easily"? It's what makes these hypotheticals so "fun". Like, I can say that, in a game of one on one that never happened or never will happen, Steve Blake would pick AI's pocket 4 out of 5 times. Wheeeeeeeee!!

did my post offend you or something.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:54 AM
And for the record I always thought Dominique Wilkins was a better dunker than Jordan and got hosed in the '88 Dunk Contest in Chicago for obvious reasons.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 01:57 AM

Kobe did own Pippen but that was when Scottie was in decline in Portland and not even close to the same defender he was with the Bulls. Scottie's back was never the same after their last championship season ('97-'98) in Chicago.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Kobe did own Pippen but that was when Scottie was in decline in Portland and not even close to the same defender he was with the Bulls. Scottie's back was never the same after their last championship season ('97-'98) in Chicago.

To be fair, that wasn't Kobe's peak offensive seasons.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 02:04 AM
Oh I know that, his best were when Shaq left but he was able to develop without having the pressure of carrying a city and franchise like Jordan had to early on in his career. From the day Shaq got there it was Shaq's team all the way till his final season there which is what rubbed Kobe the wrong way. A guy who strives to be the best doesn't want to keep hearing how he's in the large shadow of another player.

SILVER SEAVER
07-24-2014, 02:06 AM
Ok the poll is obviously tilting in one direction. ;)

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 02:09 AM

... and free throws... and ballhandling... and playing injured.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 02:13 AM
It's not so much about Kobe vs Jordan or Kobe vs Pippen. Kobe can even up against either of them. The battle is LeBron vs Jordan or LeBron vs Pippen. His size is just too much for them to handle. Maybe Durant/Jordan and Kobe/LeBron would be a better discussion because KD has a better chance of being a problem for James in a 1v1 but I just don't see Pippen/Jordan slowing James down and we all know KD's reach is just untouchable. When KD misses, it's because he just missed. It's so hard to find someone who can matchup with James because he's everything MJ was but bigger, stronger, and quicker.

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 02:14 AM

For the purposes of this topic, "close" is all Kobe/Lebron would need, and the main argument I've read in their favor.

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 02:16 AM

Funny, 'cause Kobe never had any trouble guarding Pippen in real life.... but this is fantasy, so... have at it.

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 02:22 AM

:cool:
Your post was nothing unusual for this kind of topic.

raiddalake
07-24-2014, 03:04 AM
Kobe dropped 39 on Jordan is sophomore year in the league. Stop playing the kid. Any one able to score 81 in a game after scoring 67 in three quarters is a bad man.

MELO 15
07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Kobe and Bron

Kobe and MJ would be a virtual wash in this type of game but Bron would abuse Pippen.

You probably havent watched Pippen Play have you? Prime Pippen would have gave Lebron all types of fits Defensively.

3ballbomber
07-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Cats are either str8 up dumb, stoopid, trippin' or naive.......If it wasn't for Jordan Kobe wouldn't be the player he is. Kobe highly idolized Jordan's game from his jumper shot down to his interview technique. Kobe wouldn't be ***** w/out the greatness of Jordan - Jordan set a new bar height that hadn't been reached yet and people still trying' to touch it. I have alot of respect for Kobe's game but Jordan is Kobe's father! Jordan & Pip would destroy them, period.

WadeKobe
07-24-2014, 09:43 AM
To suggest MJ was better at everything than Kobe is pretty naive.

How is this a thing that people say and seriously mean?

Did you all not watch Jordan from 88-92? He literally did everything on the basketball court better than Kobe Bryant.

Kobe was great, but he wasn't in the same league as Michael Jordan.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 12:05 PM
People really think MJ was better at every facet of the game is pretty funny... People thinking Pippen would be able to stop LeBron is also funny. Do you guys even play basketball? Let's say you're 150 and a 200LB low body fat comes charging at you like a bull driving to the paint. Can you stop that? There's absolutely no way you can.. it's physically impossible. In a 2v2 scheme, there really is no way of stopping that. But whatever. You guys are basing this off reputation more-so realistically. Kobe+LeBron are top 10 players.. Not some random scrubs who just happened to be on this list.

valade16
07-24-2014, 12:06 PM
... and free throws... and ballhandling... and playing injured.

MJ's FT% was 83.5% (his FT% in Chi was 83.8%).

Kobe's FT% was 83.8%.

I'd say that's pretty much equal.

Regardless, supposing I give Kobe the point for the .3% difference, it's still 50-2 in favor of MJ.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 12:09 PM
MJ's FT% was 83.5% (his FT% in Chi was 83.8%).

Kobe's FT% was 83.8%.

Regardless, supposing I give Kobe the point for the .3% difference, it's still 50-2 in favor of MJ.

What you do in a team aspect of the game doesn't help you in a 2v2.. Some players love 1v1's or 2v2's and their game fits them better. In a 1v1, Kobe is that perfect player. Jordan could pass to Pippen and then what? Pippen would not be able to score on James frequently. Jordan vs Kobe is pretty much dead even but if they played to 21, I'm giving the nod to Kobe. He hits far more impressive shots and he's a better shooter than Jordan. He can drive to the paint as well (He's a great finisher as well), and knock it down from anywhere.. Jordan doesn't have that type of range. He can hit it but the level of consistency isn't the same.

koreancabbage
07-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Cats are either str8 up dumb, stoopid, trippin' or naive.......If it wasn't for Jordan Kobe wouldn't be the player he is. Kobe highly idolized Jordan's game from his jumper shot down to his interview technique. Kobe wouldn't be ***** w/out the greatness of Jordan - Jordan set a new bar height that hadn't been reached yet and people still trying' to touch it. I have alot of respect for Kobe's game but Jordan is Kobe's father! Jordan & Pip would destroy them, period.

this is the dumbest **** ever.

nyKnicks126
07-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Kobe isn't passing the ball so.. Clearly, despite the talent of LEBRON.. MJ> Lebron
MJ> Kobe
MJ > Pippen

LeBron> Pippen
LeBron> Kobe

Pippen>Kobe

So prime MJ and Pippen win because Kobe will not pass

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 02:18 PM
How is this a thing that people say and seriously mean?

Did you all not watch Jordan from 88-92? He literally did everything on the basketball court better than Kobe Bryant.

Literally everything other than the things Kobe did better.

Kobe was great, but he wasn't in the same league as Michael Jordan.

Unless you literally meant "literally" above, how is this a thing that people say and seriously mean? Fair enough to consider Jordan better, and the greatest, but Kobe is quite in his same league. Just ask Michael.

Sly Guy
07-24-2014, 02:18 PM
I have pip and MJ due to their chemistry of playing together on the bulls.

albertajaysfan
07-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Are we using 90s era or current rules?

MickeyMgl
07-24-2014, 02:26 PM
MJ's FT% was 83.5%.

Kobe's FT% was 83.8%.

Almost equal. So, not better. Original statement was not that Jordan was "almost equal at everything".

KNICKS R BACK
07-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Kobe and Lebron by a long shot

Burkey3472
07-24-2014, 03:09 PM
I'd take Kobe/Lebron. Kobe might not be able to play even with Jordan but it would be very close. Lebron would outplay Pippen but a pretty significant margin.

Gene2420
07-24-2014, 03:23 PM
I would take Kobe/Lebron. It would be pretty dead even though.

mjt20mik
07-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Mike and Scottie only based on one reason.

Kobe would feel the need to show Mike up, so he would hog the ball. Scottie is an amazing defender, but he would not be able the handle Lebron's size. People forget that although SP was amazing, he only weighed in at like 228. LBJ has like 30 lbs on him.

FlashBolt
07-24-2014, 03:34 PM
For those thinking Pippen can shut LeBron down or MJ shutting Bron down, Scottie himself said LeBron can't be matched. Meaning defensively, you can't stop him. He also said James is so versatile on defense and him physically would be able to guard anyone except Shaq. We're talking about Pippen here.. Who is very close to Jordan. Not some nuthugger. I don't think we need anymore proof than that.

WadeKobe
07-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Yea... This idea that Scottie is going to shut down Lebron is pretty silly. Since he entered his prime, the only teams who have been able to contain and stifle Lebron have been teams with the dual combination of great perimeter defender to matchup on him AND a great rim protector, AND a team scheme committed to packing the paint and making the other teammates beat them.

No single perimeter defender canatch LeBron 1v1. Especially someone who is far slower and giving up 30-40lvs.

Scottie is probably #3 all time on my list of guys who could put up the best fight, after Rodman and Artest.

AIRMAR72
07-24-2014, 03:56 PM
For those thinking Pippen can shut LeBron down or MJ shutting Bron down, Scottie himself said LeBron can't be matched. Meaning defensively, you can't stop him. He also said James is so versatile on defense and him physically would be able to guard anyone except Shaq. We're talking about Pippen here.. Who is very close to Jordan. Not some nuthugger. I don't think we need anymore proof than that. look pip already admit that he over analyse the subject pippen WILL SHUT bron down I doubt he get the ball pass halfcourt MJ and pip.still this day were BEST and applying pressure and trapping defender bron and kobe arent the best ballhandlers and MJ and pip cause nightmare to the best

rex.reyesiii
07-25-2014, 01:28 AM
^ Pip shuts Lebron down... It'll be reduced to one on one, Kobe vs. MJ.

I vote MJ/SP.

FlashBolt
07-25-2014, 01:12 PM
^ Pip shuts Lebron down... It'll be reduced to one on one, Kobe vs. MJ.

I vote MJ/SP.

Funny that you can tell us who Pip can or cannot shut down when Pip himself said "No one can match LeBron."

dhopisthename
07-25-2014, 01:23 PM
I think people are missing the correct answer. its whoever had the hot hand that day. these are 4 all time greats who would not be able to stop anyone 1 on 1 because even when you had hand checking you couldn't contain all time greats 1 on 1.

FlashBolt
07-25-2014, 01:31 PM
I think people are missing the correct answer. its whoever had the hot hand that day. these are 4 all time greats who would not be able to stop anyone 1 on 1 because even when you had hand checking you couldn't contain all time greats 1 on 1.

Pippen wasn't exactly lights out on offense, though.

RaiderLakersA's
07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Jordan took a team to an NBA championship.

Kobe took a team to an NBA championship.

LeBron took a team to an NBA championship.

Scottie?

Granted this is a blatant oversimplification, but give me LeBron and Kobe over MJ and Scottie.

Shlumpledink
07-25-2014, 02:08 PM
You mean the consensus best of all time player among NBA players, teamed up with possibly the greatest perimeter defender of all time against two of the most overrated players of all time, Jordan and Pippen? Easy win here

RaiderLakersA's
07-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Pippen wasn't exactly lights out on offense, though.

Pippen is the weak link here.

Kobe stops Pippen. Pippen can't stop Kobe.

LeBron has evolved into a better perimeter player and his post game is often underrated. A matchup with Pippen would be close, but I'm going to give the edge to LeBron.

As for MJ, I'm putting LeBron on him. The kid is as fast, if not quicker, plus has the size, wingspan, mass and vigor to at least slow Jordan somewhat.

Sure, Jordan will drop fades on Bron all day, but Scottie is going to feel a bit besieged between getting shut down by Kobe on the one hand and having to guard Bron on the other. Pippen is no slouch, but that's just too much for one man to handle. If anyone is going to break, it's Scottie.

nyballa1991
07-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Jordan's defense in his prime is really going past some of your heads, he was a monster defensively a. Scottie and mj would be too much for kobe and lbj in my opinion, too much defense and will to win

SILVER SEAVER
07-25-2014, 08:44 PM
You probably havent watched Pippen Play have you? Prime Pippen would have gave Lebron all types of fits Defensively.

Thank Christ, someone who doesn't think LeBron would own everyone past and present. If LeBron was so unstoppable explain his series' against Boston, Dallas and San Antonio?

SILVER SEAVER
07-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Michael Jackson was the King of Pop and LeBron James is the King of Flop.

SILVER SEAVER
07-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Funny that you can tell us who Pip can or cannot shut down when Pip himself said "No one can match LeBron."

In all fairness when Pippen says that can't that be translated into no one NOW can match LeBron?