PDA

View Full Version : Bulls latest off for K love

spreadeagle
07-23-2014, 02:32 PM
This is getting ridiculous lol, Mcdermott is going to be a beast imo though

The Chicago Bulls have offered a package of Taj Gibson and rookies Doug McDermott and Nikola Mirotic to the Minnesota Timberwolves for All-Star forward Kevin Love, a league source told SheridanHoops.com on Wednesday.

The package is extremely intriguing to the Timberwolves, but there is a catch; it cannot be completed for another 29 days because McDermott and Mirotic signed their rookie contracts Tuesday. NBA rules prohibit rookies from being traded within the first 30 days of inking their rookie deals. …

The source who spoke to SheridanHoops said he believed the Bulls’ offer was better in the minds of the Wolves than the Cavs’ current offer of Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick.

But if Cleveland is willing to include a second future first-round pick – it owns the rights to Miami’s first-rounder as well as Memphis’ in 2015) – that might be enough to trump Chicago’s offer.

Here’s where things get interesting.

McDermott is an exciting rookie who showed an NBA-ready ability to score during Summer League in Las Vegas, and Mirotic is an experienced European player who should have no trouble stepping in and contributing immediately as part of a team’s frontcourt rotation.

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reports that Mirotic sought a long-term commitment from the Bulls before agreeing to sign a deal with them to come to the states, however, and that Gibson is consistently being told not to worry about hearing his name come up in rumors.

The question becomes what the Timberwolves truly want to get out of a deal for Kevin Love. If they want players who can contribute immediately to help the team move towards a return to the playoffs, then Chicago’s offer seems better-suited to that. But if they want to begin a rebuilding process with a jump start of having talented young prospects in place, then the deal Cleveland can put together still seems like the better of those options. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/23/report-bulls-offered-doug-mcdermott-and-nikola-mirotic-as-part-of-package-for-kevin-love/

jaydubb
07-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Wow.. That is a lot to give up for the bulls

jaydubb
07-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Poor pau gasol.. :(

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Every rookie is a beast. You haven't seen them fail yet.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Wolves are stupid if they dont take an offer around wiggins.

Point blank.

Also Bulls promised Pau an starter spot and Tons of touches.
And promised Mirotic not to be traded.

If they do this they are full of ****.

spreadeagle
07-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Every rookie is a beast. You haven't seen them fail yet.I really like he stayed all 4 yrs at college, shows desire to get better n hes not all about the money, and I know its summer league but he looked very nba ready

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 02:46 PM

Point blank.

Every organization (much like business) tells you exactly what you need to hear at the time to point you in the direction they want you. This is just how it works. The Cavs said Wiggins wouldn't be available. Now, it seems, Wiggins is available.

Why would you tell Pau he won't get a starter spot? Why would you tell Mirotic he won't be traded? The players are told what they need to hear to get them to do what you want. Nobody will call Chicago out on going back on their word, it'll all just get smoothed over.

Want a 4 year business degree? Here you go: Over promise, under deliver, smooth it over if you have to. Every business, every industry.

spreadeagle
07-23-2014, 02:48 PM

Point blank.

like an above poster said, poor Pau, he is always getting brushed aside lol

spreadeagle
07-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Every organization (much like business) tells you exactly what you need to hear at the time to point you in the direction they want you. This is just how it works. The Cavs said Wiggins wouldn't be available. Now, it seems, Wiggins is available.

Why would you tell Pau he won't get a starter spot? Why would you tell Mirotic he won't be traded? The players are told what they need to hear to get them to do what you want. Nobody will call Chicago out on going back on their word, it'll all just get smoothed over.

Want a 4 year business degree? Here you go: Over promise, under deliver, smooth it over if you have to. Every business, every industry.
droppin gems

ManRam
07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Getting warmer, for sure. Wiggins still is an obvious trump card.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Dumb if they consider this the best offer...just take Wiggins.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2014, 02:57 PM

Right then you win a reputation for malpractice and being a douchebag and other quality workers dont even want to hear bout your bussiness.

Guess what happens when they try to contact F.A in furter seasons if this happens.

abe_froman
07-23-2014, 02:57 PM
this wont happen(i'm still skeptical of it being true),nothing can trump the cavs offer

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Right then you win a reputation for malpractice and being a douchebag and other quality workers dont even want to hear bout your bussiness.

Guess what happens when they try to contact F.A in furter seasons if this happens.

Quality workers are paid for, they don't just "come by" because of a reputation. You know how you get the $ to pay those quality workers? It has to come from somewhere... It doesn't come from these quality workers working 80 hour weeks to provide great care for the customers. If the workers don't like the conditions they leave.

Good workers are found though good pay and great working conditions. Good pay and great working conditions come though lowering overhead and paying customers. Lowering overhead is providing a good not great product and finding new customers is through over promising (you know what sales guys do....)

Full circle: Over promise, under deliver, smooth it over if necessary.

Do you think the Bulls are regretting telling Pau he has a starter job or Mirotic that he won't be traded? I bet they'd rather be in the position they are now than being completely honest and having neither Pau nor Mirotic.

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
The Bulls deserve everything they get if this trade ever went through and he ended up walking next summer. They will have mortgaged their future for a f-ing rental. I just want this damn three team deal with Cleveland, Minnesota and mystery team to just go down already because I am sick of hearing Kevin Love's name. The guy is not the second coming of Christ for crying out loud. These teams killing themselves for a guy who hasn't played in a single post season game is ridiculous. Nobody knows how this guy will perform when the lights are brightest and the pressure is heavy. Like I said if Chicago is stupid enough to make that trade which is better than what Cleveland is offering, then they deserve the repercussions that come along with it because you will have set your franchise back about five years.

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Watch next for them to include Pau in the package with Mirotic and McBuckets. Might as well throw in your first round picks for the next two years considering you're willing to throw away the next few years to acquire Jesus Love for a season. This is just getting stupid already........make the f-ing trade already Cleveland and just part with Wiggins.

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 03:30 PM
like an above poster said, poor Pau, he is always getting brushed aside lol

Get him for a bargain and take away the talent around him.

beasted86
07-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Anyone else notice the trend with the media suggesting the Wolves prefer white guys in a trade package?

Prefer Klay or McDermott+Mirotic over Wiggins? Really? I assume people will say I'm bigoted or reading into this too much. The Wolves have been trying to build this way for a while now anyhow.

1-800-STFU
07-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Anyone else notice the trend with the media suggesting the Wolves prefer white guys in a trade package?

Prefer Klay or McDermott+Mirotic over Wiggins? Really? I assume people will say I'm bigoted or reading into this too much. The Wolves have been trying to build this way for a while now anyhow.

lol

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 03:37 PM
The Bulls deserve everything they get if this trade ever went through and he ended up walking next summer. They will have mortgaged their future for a f-ing rental. I just want this damn three team deal with Cleveland, Minnesota and mystery team to just go down already because I am sick of hearing Kevin Love's name. The guy is not the second coming of Christ for crying out loud. These teams killing themselves for a guy who hasn't played in a single post season game is ridiculous. Nobody knows how this guy will perform when the lights are brightest and the pressure is heavy. Like I said if Chicago is stupid enough to make that trade which is better than what Cleveland is offering, then they deserve the repercussions that come along with it because you will have set your franchise back about five years.

Watch next for them to include Pau in the package with Mirotic and McBuckets. Might as well throw in your first round picks for the next two years considering you're willing to throw away the next few years to acquire Jesus Love for a season. This is just getting stupid already........make the f-ing trade already Cleveland and just part with Wiggins.

"Contingent upon."

Those two words take all of the liability out of it for any time trading for Love. If love doesn't re-up for a specified number of years within a specified time of the trade the trade is nulnvoid.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 03:47 PM

As the Wolves trade away a top 10 NBA player who happens to be white... And no - the Wolves didn't sign free agents Kevin Martin or Corey Brewer...

Your finding what your actively looking for.

b1e9a8r5s
07-23-2014, 04:04 PM

None of the reported trades (GS, CHI or Clev) will go down if Love at the very least agrees not to opt out of his contract after next year or more preferably resign with the team. Stop it.

Iron24th
07-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Lol pau got screwed on this one

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 04:18 PM
"Contingent upon."

Those two words take all of the liability out of it for any time trading for Love. If love doesn't re-up for a specified number of years within a specified time of the trade the trade is nulnvoid.

I was being sarcastic. The only thing out of my comment that I wasn't sarcastic about was to just have this trade with Love and Cleveland done already but now if Wiggins is a part of the deal you have to wait thirty more days so more of these speculation trades by the media will be going like crazy.

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 04:22 PM
I seriously doubt Minnesota is using Chicago as leverage because the rumors about what the Bulls would be offering doesn't make sense with the moves they've made and the plan they have in place with this particular group of players. Love doesn't fit in with what they have so it's all smoke and mirrors. The Bulls are always that rumored team that has zero chance whatsoever of ever making it happen.

Minimal
07-23-2014, 04:24 PM
we already have a k love thread, why do you need to create another one, about what was already discussed in that thread?

wolves would be idiotic, to take bulls deal. unless they want to get stuck in 8-10 seed for 5 years more.

beasted86
07-23-2014, 04:32 PM
As the Wolves trade away a top 10 NBA player who happens to be white... And no - the Wolves didn't sign free agents Kevin Martin or Corey Brewer...

Your finding what your actively looking for.

A year ago they were trying to make Rubio, Sved, Budinger, Love, Pek their lineup. These things aren't just a coincidence to me. I'm not saying the organization is racist in any way at all. But it is an odd trend.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 04:48 PM
I was being sarcastic. The only thing out of my comment that I wasn't sarcastic about was to just have this trade with Love and Cleveland done already but now if Wiggins is a part of the deal you have to wait thirty more days so more of these speculation trades by the media will be going like crazy.

I don't think Wiggins has signed. Reports were saying he was about to but I'm not sure if it's happened yet.

A year ago they were trying to make Rubio, Sved, Budinger, Love, Pek their lineup. These things aren't just a coincidence to me. I'm not saying the organization is racist in any way at all. But it is an odd trend.

Rubio, Sved, and Pek are all over seas talents. Aren't most European/Russian prospects white? Budinger had a history with Adelman. Love/Mayo were the top two available and a trade was made. That seems like a pretty easy explanation for all of them.

Not that it would need to be explained...

You point out the 5 starters are white for the NBA team and nobody blinks an eye I point out the one black guy play in the NHL and I'm a racist bastard.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Bulls making a power play to make sure cleveland ups their offer. Well done boys

DR_1
07-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Bulls making a power play to make sure cleveland ups their offer. Well done boys

GarPax doin work

Whether we get Love or not, nice work here FO

Dade County
07-23-2014, 04:59 PM

Point blank.

Every organization can't be like the Miami HEAT organization; if this is true players wont forget about this.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2014, 05:02 PM
GarPax doin work

Whether we get Love or not, nice work here FO
We're not getting Love. If it was a possibility we wouldn't have signed Pau

DR_1
07-23-2014, 05:03 PM

There are more than enough minutes to go around.

Sota4Ever
07-23-2014, 05:04 PM

Shved was never part of the starting lineup, but I goes you know more about basketball then Timberwolves fans. Have you ever been to Minnesota to see what the people are like and want to root for? Or are you just trying to see what isn't there. Also we prefer Wiggins over Klay which has been reported multiple times but go try "Heat Fan".

hugepatsfan
07-23-2014, 05:06 PM

Meh, I get what you're saying but it can hurt you down the line. Next time the Bulls are trying to sign a FA what if whether he's going to start or come off the bench is a question... why would he believe what CHI tells him. CHI should have made clear to Pau that in the event that they could get Kevin Love they would and he'd be a bench player.

With Mirotic, it's not as big a deal because that situation isn't something you expect them to be in routinely. You sign NBA free agents a lot more than you bring in overseas guys who don't want to be traded. It's still operating in poor taste though to lie to players.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2014, 05:09 PM
There are more than enough minutes to go around.

Bad on money, bad on minutes, bad on the FO's word

valade16
07-23-2014, 05:13 PM

In future seasons they'll be able to say "come play with Rose and Love".

Simply put the consequences of lying to Mirotic and Gasol is worth it to get Love.

abe_froman
07-23-2014, 05:15 PM

yes and no
this development could have come about recently/after pau was signed...but yes,we arent getting love and getting pau probably means we dont have a great desire for love

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
yes and no
this development could have come about recently/after pau was signed...but yes,we arent getting love and getting pau probably means we dont have a great desire for love

Be trollin the Cavs

abe_froman
07-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Be trollin the Cavs

partly.but i can legit interest just on our own front.if you can get someone like love,why not try(also i think rose could be pushing it because he and love are close)

personally,my belief is that all of this is made up by the "reporters".the cavs rumor story has dragged on as far as it can go,interest by the public for that story is waining ,so they need a need player to keep the love drama storyline going

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Meh, I get what you're saying but it can hurt you down the line. Next time the Bulls are trying to sign a FA what if whether he's going to start or come off the bench is a question... why would he believe what CHI tells him. CHI should have made clear to Pau that in the event that they could get Kevin Love they would and he'd be a bench player.

With Mirotic, it's not as big a deal because that situation isn't something you expect them to be in routinely. You sign NBA free agents a lot more than you bring in overseas guys who don't want to be traded. It's still operating in poor taste though to lie to players.

I agree.

People forget about these things. They get swept under the rug. Does any 1 organization stick out to you as being known as dishonest? They all do it but why can't we think of one which sticks out? Chicago just happens to be the most recent and oddly enough has two examples. If the trade doesn't go down, of course, this was all speculation and they were never offered. ;) If it does go down Pau now plays with Rose and Love and if he doesn't get minutes he complains about it he doesn't complain that Chicago promised him starters minutes - that'd make him sound like a baby.

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-23-2014, 05:28 PM
partly.but i can legit interest just on our own front.if you can get someone like love,why not try(also i think rose could be pushing it because he and love are close)

No I get it I just dont think its a bad idea I want him but long term its not a good plan with his contract and pau's along with a lot less depth on the bench but to block the cavs from trying to get him without giving up wiggins....

TylerSL
07-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Timberwolves would be CRAZY not to accept this deal. Considering Cleveland is only offering Wiggings/Bennett and a first, and Golden State is offering only Lee/Barnes.

Merotic/Gibson/McDerrmot>>>>Lee/Barnes>>Wiggins/Bennett/1st

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 25 minutes ago
League source insists Bulls not serious about Love. Says the Bulls won't pay Gasol, Noah, & Love & only be able to play 2 at a time.

TylerSL
07-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 25 minutes ago
League source insists Bulls not serious about Love. Says the Bulls won't pay Gasol, Noah, & Love & only be able to play 2 at a time.

They will have 2 of those 3 in the game at all times, I'm sure Gasol wouldn't mind playing around 25 minutes a game if the Bulls are winning 60 games, which they should if they acquire Love and Rose stays on the court.

DR_1
07-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Bad on money, bad on minutes, bad on the FO's word

How is it bad on money or minutes?

mc_9
07-23-2014, 09:48 PM
The minutes with the front court is more of an issue now, then if they get Love.

Love and Noah starting, with Gasol playing 25-30 mins as backup PF and C. A very strong front court pairing will be on the court at all times.

JordansBulls
07-23-2014, 09:52 PM

Point blank.

Just play Love at SF, all he does is shoot 3's anyway.

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't think Wiggins has signed. Reports were saying he was about to but I'm not sure if it's happened yet.

Rubio, Sved, and Pek are all over seas talents. Aren't most European/Russian prospects white? Budinger had a history with Adelman. Love/Mayo were the top two available and a trade was made. That seems like a pretty easy explanation for all of them.

Not that it would need to be explained...

You point out the 5 starters are white for the NBA team and nobody blinks an eye I point out the one black guy play in the NHL and I'm a racist bastard.

Wiggins hasn't signed yet so it's thirty days from the signing. The Bulls just signed their two rookies so it's now 29 days and counting. If these reports are true and they told Taj not to worry about the trade rumors because they're not true and end up being true how does Forman come out of this looking? Lie to Gasol and Gibson, welcome Mirotic to Bulls and include him in the deal? What was the signing of Gasol then......to have a fallback plan just in case this Love trade doesn't go through and if it does have Pau come off the bench?

supersplashbros
07-26-2014, 11:25 PM
I think the bulls are just bluffing ... he seems destined to end up on the Cavs