PDA

View Full Version : Summer Big Man Training

bag84
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
So it seems every summer we hear of players and specifically big men going to train with stars of the past (sometimes at great cost) in hopes to improve their games. The latest rumor is Hibbert spending time working with Kareem. How many of these guys however have actually shown significant improvement in their games by doing so? I can't think of any examples that stand out how about you. Does anybody actually believe we will see Hibbert come back next season tossing in sky hooks?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Amare worked out with Hakeem, but his postgame still sucks

OlivaThor
07-23-2014, 03:20 PM

Not true, his knees sucks, his postgame is decent

IndyRealist
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
So it seems every summer we hear of players and specifically big men going to train with stars of the past (sometimes at great cost) in hopes to improve their games. The latest rumor is Hibbert spending time working with Kareem. How many of these guys however have actually shown significant improvement in their games by doing so? I can't think of any examples that stand out how about you. Does anybody actually believe we will see Hibbert come back next season tossing in sky hooks?
I'm not sure how it's a rumor. There are pictures up on instagram.

omdigga
07-23-2014, 03:59 PM
kareem can help him tackle the mental aspect of the game. he needs to improve that before anything else.

Corey
07-23-2014, 04:29 PM
A kid I played with in high school just got flown down to Indy to workout with Hibbert. Worked out with Kareem and Roy today.

I can get you guys details about what the workout consisted of later tonight.

Chronz
07-23-2014, 05:17 PM
They do help, Amare was abit better on post ups, which is impressive considering his sapped athleticism

GiantsSwaGG
07-23-2014, 05:23 PM

:facepalm: his post game is above average which is remarkable since he never had a post game

JEDean89
07-23-2014, 05:34 PM
it's a shame people don't make scouting videos of guys like dwight, lebron, amare, kenneth faried, before and after they work out with someone. I think a there is a lot that they can teach these guys especially because they know what it feels like to be 7' tall, something most trainers don't. hibbert however is one of the least offensively skilled 7'ers I've ever seen, I doubt he learns the sky hook any time soon.