PDA

View Full Version : Where would Brad Daugherty and Robert Parish rank today?

JasonJohnHorn
07-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I his short career, Brad Daugherty made several All-Star games, but only made one All-NBA team (a 3rd team selection). He was a solid rebound, a very adept passer, and has a sweet offensive games that included nice smooth moves in the post and a good jumper.

Robert Parish played 21 seasons, and only made 2 All-NBA teams (one 2nd and one 3rd team selection). Parish was a fantastic rebounder, had an unblockable jumper and was a very respectable defender.

They were great centers and I loved watching them play, but in an era that saw Kareem, Hakeem, Moses, Ewing and later Robinson, Shaq and Mourning, these guys had a hard time landing All-NBA team selections.

Had they both been drafted in say 2004 (and assuming in the case of Daugherty that he stayed healthy), where do you think these guys would rank among the current centers in the league?

And if there are other centers you think struggled against the greats but would dominate today, feel free to include them in the conversation.

arlubas
07-23-2014, 11:18 AM
In an era where Roy Hibbert was considered the 2nd best center in the league, Brad Daugherty would've been a beast. Dude is one of the most underrated post players ever. The drop off in quality bigs over the past 15 years is sad really.

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Rankings would be in the upper echelon and the way guys are getting paid now would be probably be landing max contracts.

abe_froman
07-23-2014, 03:59 PM
they would be the top 2 bigs in the league and regarded as top 10 players overall

SILVER SEAVER
07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
In an era where Roy Hibbert was considered the 2nd best center in the league, Brad Daugherty would've been a beast. Dude is one of the most underrated post players ever. The drop off in quality bigs over the past 15 years is sad really.

:puke: Sorry it's not you, it's just that when anytime I realize that I lose whatever I just ate.