PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Crawford: Kobe is the Michael Jordan of this era

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 11:42 PM
http://dimemag.com/2014/07/jamal-crawford-calls-kobe-bryant-generations-michael-jordan/

Now I don't know how much credibility Crawford has. I think he plays somewhere in the NBA, although not sure.

We need guys with more credibility like ESPN and the stat gurus to weigh in pronto.

goingfor28
07-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I think he's right

Dade County
07-22-2014, 11:48 PM
:laugh2:

Kobe can't undo history... He would have had to be the main star of those earlier 2000's team & Shaq would have had to be replaced by a side kick kind of player.

The funny thing is, any team that Shaq would have been on, would have been wining those rings that year.

That was Shaq mini era.

jerellh528
07-22-2014, 11:48 PM
He's right

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 11:50 PM

Kobe can't undo history... He would have had to be the main star of those earlier 2000's team & Shaq would have had to be replaced by a side kick kind of player.

The funny thing is, any team that Shaq would have been on, would have been wining those rings that year.

That was Shaq mini era.

And despite all that, he is STILL the MJ of his era.

Funny how things work, no?

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 11:52 PM
I think he means in terms of career arc (rings, stats)/playstyle rather than sheer dominance on the game. Obviously Lebron>Kobe individually.

SiteWolf
07-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Jamaal Crawford does not equal credibility
for one, he and Felton all but KILLED the Blazer locker room a few years ago

jaydubb
07-22-2014, 11:57 PM
I got proof right here that Jamal Crawford is right..

http://youtu.be/LY8rUhlC0xY

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Jamaal Crawford does not equal credibility
for one, he and Felton all but KILLED the Blazer locker room a few years ago

Jamal is the opposite of a team cancer. Please don't spread this lie. There is a reason LMA/Matthews/Batum still have mad love for the guy. Jamal had an issue with a horrible coach known as Nate McMillan, known to strangle his guards and hold them back. He also was promised a role and given nowhere near that role. He's a fantastic teammate and locker room guy.

Bostonjorge
07-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Kobes basketball peers all believe this. NBA coaches believe this. NBA legends including Jordan himself believe this.

Hotone1401
07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Nah it can't be true til we get Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard to agree with him because we all know PSD doesn't accept opinions of players who actually play the game.

Hotone1401
07-23-2014, 12:06 AM

That was Shaq mini era.

Way to add absolutely nothing to this thread.

Hotone1401
07-23-2014, 12:08 AM
I think he means in terms of career arc (rings, stats)/playstyle rather than sheer dominance on the game. Obviously Lebron>Kobe individually.

It's amazing that you have the power to read peoples minds. Teach me please!

5ass
07-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Lebron= #8
Kobe=#10
PSD has spoken!

PowerHouse
07-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Very true. Just like Dr. J was the Jordan of the era before Jordan and Elgin Baylor was the Jordan of the era prior to that.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 12:21 AM
he's right.

Mr.B
07-23-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm far from being a Lakers fan but I have to agree with Crawford. When it comes to style of play (on both ends of the court) and killer instinct Kobe is clearly the Michael Jordan of this era. Jordan was better but Kobe is the closest we have seen to him.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 12:29 AM
I'm far from being a Lakers fan but I have to agree with Crawford. When it comes to style of play (on both ends of the court) and killer instinct Kobe is clearly the Michael Jordan of this era. Jordan was better but Kobe is the closest we have seen to him.

Even Pat Riley has gone out on record that Jordan will always be the best of the best of the best, but you gotta put Kobe right up there.

PowerHouse
07-23-2014, 12:34 AM
It's amazing that you have the power to read peoples minds. Teach me please!

Isnt that what PSD is made up of? Either:

A. People thinking they have some sort of psychic powers.

or

B. People who think their goal in life is to educate everyone else on sports.

Mr.B
07-23-2014, 12:35 AM
Even Pat Riley has gone out on record that Jordan will always be the best of the best of the best, but you gotta put Kobe right up there.
I agree. There have been players that were built physically similar to Jordan and were very good players but Kobe is the only one I can think of that had a killer instinct like Jordan. Like Jordan he had the ability to completely take a game over and absolutely rip the other teams heart out. And they both did it in the playoffs.

L8kers4life
07-23-2014, 01:44 AM

Here we go Clipper fan, no matter what is said about Kobe, you bring up LeBron. And you saying obviously is a bit premature. I'm pretty sure most greats of the NBA would disagree with you. LeBron may some day be better than Kobe, but he has not passed Kobe. And he is not obviously better than Kobe individually.

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Lebron= #8
Kobe=#10
PSD has spoken!

:laugh:

Hotone1401
07-23-2014, 02:01 AM
he's right.

Love the sarcasm haha. That sig is classic and your sense of humor has grown on me. However you truly feel about Kobe I really don't mind anymore. You're a funny dude.

ThuglifeJ
07-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Obviously?

ThuglifeJ
07-23-2014, 02:09 AM
How is it an argument. Kobe is clearly the MJ of the era if we were have to have one..(which we don't/shouldn't).

Lebron is nothing similar to MJ. Nothing like him, except maybe rookie dominance.. Career wise, player wise lebron and mj aren't comparable.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Love the sarcasm haha. That sig is classic and your sense of humor has grown on me. However you truly feel about Kobe I really don't mind anymore. You're a funny dude.

thanks.

How is it an argument. Kobe is clearly the MJ of the era if we were have to have one..(which we don't/shouldn't).

Lebron is nothing similar to MJ. Nothing like him, except maybe rookie dominance.. Career wise, player wise lebron and mj aren't comparable.

yeah, clearly no arguement here.

Lakers3747
07-23-2014, 02:14 AM

That was Shaq mini era.
Kobe dominated the west and Shaq dominated the finals because the east had no center to come close to stoping Shaq so neither was a sidekick both did what needed to be done to win 3 championships in a row

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 02:33 AM
thanks.

yeah, clearly no arguement here.
I really think after LBJ lost his 3rd finals and bolted back home, leaving Miami high and dry, you are slowly coming to your senses and understanding who is the true villain and coward of the NBA and who is the one that was vilified for 18 yrs but is actually the true GOD of today's NBA world.

I really like the new and improved you.

Yay for bucketss!!!! :dance:

seikou8
07-23-2014, 02:39 AM
thats great but his days of winning rings or going up the all time list is over

More-Than-Most
07-23-2014, 02:50 AM
Thats kind of a slap in this face saying such a thing considering Kobe is behind James... So is he saying Jordan was number 2 in his era?

ThuglifeJ
07-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Thats kind of a slap in this face saying such a thing considering Kobe is behind James... So is he saying Jordan was number 2 in his era?
Nope.

Nice try?

numba1CHANGsta
07-23-2014, 03:31 AM
Is Kobe the most hated player of all time? if so, then that says a lot about his legacy.

Everyone seems to love players like Kareem, Russell, Magic, MJ, Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, Bird, Dr J, Big O, etc. The more hate for Kobe, the better.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:44 AM

The rings don't define Kobe's legacy anymore. It's the unforgettable moments like the buzzer beaters, scoring binges, his one-on-one rivalries, the progression and maturity of his game and the evolving into a leader and ambassador of the league and the lakers, his ability to play thru pain, injuries, personal trials and tribulations, his fundamentals, his footwork, his style and showmanship. THAT is what defines KOBE BRYANT!

More-Than-Most
07-23-2014, 03:45 AM
Is Kobe the most hated player of all time? if so, then that says a lot about his legacy.

Everyone seems to love players like Kareem, Russell, Magic, MJ, Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, Bird, Dr J, Big O, etc. The more hate for Kobe, the better.

Kobe has not had to deal with half the hate or scrutiny that James has had to deal with while James has not been half of an *** on the court and has done nothing off the court. Kobe raped a girl/forced guys out of town/always talks down to people and is a general *** of a person and yet he still doesnt get battered as much as lebron who has been the perfect poster boy for the nba on and off the court. Please do not compare hate because its silly

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:48 AM

He's also the guy that has been the most successful despite the league, media, and fans of the basketball world hating his guts. Atleast the league itself has always loved and respected LeBron. But Kobe after all the rape stuff got hate and dumb suspensions by Stu Jackson, easy techs and lack of calls from the refs those first couple of yrs post 03 rape charge. It was disgusting to see how the league had ostracized their previous golden boy and crowned their new golden boy LeBron in that same summer of 2003. Kobe was also hated by his peers, something LeBron never had to face, and Kobe still kicked the competitions ***** 2003-2007.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 04:00 AM
Kobe has not had to deal with half the hate or scrutiny that James has had to deal with while James has not been half of an *** on the court and has done nothing off the court. Kobe raped a girl/forced guys out of town/always talks down to people and is a general *** of a person and yet he still doesnt get battered as much as lebron who has been the perfect poster boy for the nba on and off the court. Please do not compare hate because its silly

Oh how you forget the state of affairs of the association between 2003-2007.

seikou8
07-23-2014, 04:04 AM
The rings don't define Kobe's legacy anymore. It's the unforgettable moments like the buzzer beaters, scoring binges, his one-on-one rivalries, the progression and maturity of his game and the evolving into a leader and ambassador of the league and the lakers, his ability to play thru pain, injuries, personal trials and tribulations, his fundamentals, his footwork, his style and showmanship. THAT is what defines KOBE BRYANT!

i agree 1000 percent but what i said still is true

Quinnsanity
07-23-2014, 04:08 AM
Jamal Crawford is a key player on a contender, you should really know where he is...

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 04:09 AM
i agree 1000 percent but what i said still is true

Oh true, rings are no longer attainable and Kobe knows that. The hope of sitting at the same dinner table as MJ and Kareem, well, there's no spot for him. But he's just fine dining with Magic and Timmy. And yes, he most likely stays at that 7-10 range all time. He ain't movin up.

The legacy however does enhance by him putting on a show for the NBA fans worldwide and showing that he ain't going to let a torn achilles or fractured tibial plateau knee injury dictate the end of his career. He's going to go out on his own terms, and that too with guns blazing and awesome fashion. Because that's what Kobe has been his entire career, the ULTIMATE SHOWMANSHIP that no other guy in the league currently (yeah, not even LeBron) or any guy in the last 18 yrs post Jordan 98 retirement has come close to putting on. Kobe is the NBA's Ultimate showstopper. The big ticket BOX OFFICE (as Stephen A likes to say).

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2014, 04:39 AM
Mr. WrestleMania

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 04:46 AM
Mr. WrestleMania

The Shoooowwwwstoppa! The heeeaaadlina! The Main Event! The Icon!

More-Than-Most
07-23-2014, 04:52 AM
Mr. WrestleMania

Good Jump... Some of his rings are/were as fixed as wrestling. It fits.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 05:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIqwLNwj8DQ

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 05:04 AM
Good Jump... Some of his rings are/were as fixed as wrestling. It fits.

You seem jelly.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 05:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_3pd5ZmjVA

Kashmir13579
07-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Jamal is the kobe of this era

JasonJohnHorn
07-23-2014, 08:00 AM
WOW!! I've never heard that before.

Of course Kobe was the Jordan of his generation. Five rings, best shooting guard, ran the triangle played for Phil Jackson. Yeah....

Jamal Crawford = Captain Obvious

koreancabbage
07-23-2014, 08:42 AM
http://dimemag.com/2014/07/jamal-crawford-calls-kobe-bryant-generations-michael-jordan/

Now I don't know how much credibility Crawford has. I think he plays somewhere in the NBA, although not sure.

We need guys with more credibility like ESPN and the stat gurus to weigh in pronto.

he could be a PSD poster with the credibility he has.

koreancabbage
07-23-2014, 08:45 AM
he can't be Jordan! he jumped teams!

ankit
07-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Damn right he is right. Kobe was unstoppable, people forget that just because he had one injury plagued season that he is not. Are you kidding me this guy made the Lakers competitive with no one, yes he won titles with Shaq but Kobe was a huge contributor and not to mention Shaq would not have won titles for the Lakers by himself. He won the other two titles with Pau Gasol who is not that great. Kobe is better than Lebron James any day because he was loyal, motivated and didn't need no big 3 to win. It was mainly him and shaq doing a 3peat and gasol and kobe winning two titles and please don't give me Lamar Odom, he was just there and Bynum was always injured. Lebron teamed up with All stars in Wade and Bosh who were avraging 24ppg to win titles. Thus although Kobe is the MJ of this era but off course there is only one MJ.

kdspurman
07-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Don't see anything wrong with it. Kobe's style of play and mindset are very much similar to Jordan. Even if Lebron is a better all around player, he is still a different player/person than Kobe. Just comparing style of play, personality, motivation & drive, etc... I think Kobe is far more comparable to Jordan.

I don't know if I'd personally pencil him the best player of the era like MJ was, but that's another topic for another day :)

Munkeysuit
07-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Kobe was the closest to Jordan in style of play,tenacity and passion for the game, that I would agree with, but to say he IS the Jordan of this era? is totally ignorant. I mean you have to factor in how much help Kobe has had wining his 5 titles as opposed to Jordan's obvious majority role he had with ALL 6 titles.
I am not saying that Kobe's Lakers had more help during their title runs, what I am saying is how much of a role each player (Jordan & Kobe) played in each of their finals victories, Jordan clearly played a bigger role in his 6 title victories and Kobe...well...he was second fiddle to Shaq for the first 3....and thats a fact! not to mention Kobe didnt win any titles for 6 years after Shaq left and suddenly Pau Gasol comes along and VOILA! 2 more rings.
Not trying to discredit the Mamba, I sincerely think he is one of the games greatest players ever! maybe even top 15 All time in my book, but you gotta stick with the facts and not be so star struck sometimes.

ManningToTyree
07-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Jordan would agree

JLynn943
07-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Don't see anything wrong with it. Kobe's style of play and mindset are very much similar to Jordan. Even if Lebron is a better all around player, he is still a different player/person than Kobe. Just comparing style of play, personality, motivation & drive, etc... I think Kobe is far more comparable to Jordan.

I don't know if I'd personally pencil him the best player of the era like MJ was, but that's another topic for another day :)

All of this.

ManRam
07-23-2014, 11:05 AM

He's entitled to his opinion! :shrug:

If he's off, he's not far off. There aren't tons of options.

:shrug: :shrug:

Jamiecballer
07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Scorer respects scorer

lukass
07-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan from a skill standpoint however if Jordan came into the league with Shaq on his team in his prime MJ would have rings on all his fingers

nickdymez
07-23-2014, 12:31 PM
It's only a slap in the face on psd. Psd is the only place that feels LeBron is passed kobe. That's why most posters in the NBA forum are considered jokes.

nickdymez
07-23-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty sure his 5 rings and countless accolades help him sleep just fine at night

Bullsfan22
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
So if he is the MJ of this era, does that make him the best player of this era? If you're going to say he's the MJ of the era he certainly have to be the undisputed best player of the era right?

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
similar style, and won a bunch of chips.

Nothing wrong with what he said

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:27 PM

do you actually believe LeBron has been loved hahahaha? He dealt with A-Rod/Tiger hatred dude, cmon

WadeKobe
07-23-2014, 01:53 PM
I am officially done with these conversations. Kobephiles will find whatever they can.

Kobe is an all time great. He is a tier below people like Jordan, Magic, Wilt, and the true legends.

Kobe was the third best player of his era, behind Duncan and Shaq. That just is what it is. I don't care who disagrees or for what reason.

In the end, after a lot of time and struggle, we realized a lot of what we had previously thought about baseball was wrong. We are finding it out now in basketball. I expect people to hold opinions that are incorrect, even people with "credibility".

ManningToTyree
07-23-2014, 01:53 PM
So if he is the MJ of this era, does that make him the best player of this era? If you're going to say he's the MJ of the era he certainly have to be the undisputed best player of the era right? no he means that Kobe is most similar to Jordan in competitive spirit and skill set. Which is true.

Chronz
07-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Jamal is actually a very smart student of the game from what I've seen read on him.

Still, why the preemptive attack on stats?

What exactly are you trying to inform us of here op?

Chronz
07-23-2014, 02:11 PM
I am officially done with these conversations. Kobephiles will find whatever they can.

Kobe is an all time great. He is a tier below people like Jordan, Magic, Wilt, and the true legends.

Kobe was the third best player of his era, behind Duncan and Shaq. That just is what it is. I don't care who disagrees or for what reason.

In the end, after a lot of time and struggle, we realized a lot of what we had previously thought about baseball was wrong. We are finding it out now in basketball. I expect people to hold opinions that are incorrect, even people with "credibility".
Don't fall for the bait if you feel that's what they're saying. You can easily interpret what Crawford says as an aesthetic comparison because it's obvious that Shaq and Duncan were better at some point

Mr.B
07-23-2014, 02:15 PM
So if he is the MJ of this era, does that make him the best player of this era? If you're going to say he's the MJ of the era he certainly have to be the undisputed best player of the era right?

I would agree with that.

pacofunk64
07-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Ya I think he meant he is the poor mans MJ of this era which I can't argue with one bit.

naps
07-23-2014, 02:49 PM
So when Scottie Pippen said LeBron was better than Jordan few years ago Kobe fans said "LOL" and now Jamal Crawford says this and all of sudden this becomes a verse from Bible. Interesting.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:11 PM
So when Scottie Pippen said LeBron was better than Jordan few years ago Kobe fans said "LOL" and now Jamal Crawford says this and all of sudden this becomes a verse from Bible. Interesting.

LeBron left you guys. It's over. Done. Finido. How are you still talking ?

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Don't fall for the bait if you feel that's what they're saying. You can easily interpret what Crawford says as an aesthetic comparison because it's obvious that Shaq and Duncan were better at some point

But that's the thing. It's YOU guys who add the 'buts' and the 'caveats' and 'exceptions' to Jamal's statement. No where did Jamal bring up Shaq and Tim, but YOU just did, to totally swerve the conversation in your favor in the form of anti-Kobe propaganda. You are guilty of this as well as 40 or 50 other posters here. It is hard for you guys to accept his words, and I totally understand, as it goes against everything you have believed in all your lives. It's like a shock for you guys. It's cool. I'll give you guys a month or so to get over it.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:19 PM
no he means that Kobe is most similar to Jordan in competitive spirit and skill set. Which is true.

How did you get that out of Jamal's statement? No where did he say the words of competitive spirit and skill set.

When people say 'of this era', you think they are referring to 'competitive spirit of this era' or 'skill set of this era' ??

Never heard of that before. Again, YOU guys are interpreting his words in a totally different way, and that's cool. Shock and a state of disbelief does that to a person; it's human nature to not accept reality, be in denial and grab for straws.

Chronz
07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
But that's the thing. It's YOU guys who add the 'buts' and the 'caveats' and 'exceptions' to Jamal's statement. No where did Jamal bring up Shaq and Tim, but YOU just did, to totally swerve the conversation in your favor in the form of anti-Kobe propaganda. You are guilty of this as well as 40 or 50 other posters here. It is hard for you guys to accept his words, and I totally understand, as it goes against everything you have believed in all your lives. It's like a shock for you guys. It's cool. I'll give you guys a month or so to get over it.
How does it go against anything I've said?
He is the closest to mj, that could mean alot of things, would you say Shaq is the closest to mj? That would only make sense in a comparison of their respective dominance, not aesthetics . so because Jamal isn't here for elaborate, it's open to interpretation.

Sounds more like your mad that we're not connecting the dots that you are.

You have to realize we can agree with jc and not end up where you did

Chronz
07-23-2014, 03:24 PM
How did you get that out of Jamal's statement? No where did he say the words of competitive spirit and skill set.

When people say 'of this era', you think they are referring to 'competitive spirit of this era' or 'skill set of this era' ??

Never heard of that before. Again, YOU guys are interpreting his words in a totally different way, and that's cool. Shock and a state of disbelief does that to a person; it's human nature to not accept reality, be in denial and grab for straws.

Lmfao
Again just what are you making out of his comparison? You will find that you have ascribe meaning to his statement otherwise it's not telling us anything.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:24 PM

Shaq had his prime yr in his 3peat era, and then dropped like a fly after that, quickly. Shaq spend more yrs as a dominant force in the MJ era. He's like a cross-link between the two eras.

If people want to put Timmy as the MJ of this era, that's all fine and dandy. No issues there. But he was not in the annual best player in the league conversation like Kobe or MJ have.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Lmfao
Again just what are you making out of his comparison? You will find that you have ascribe meaning to his statement otherwise it's not telling us anything.
When i see a lmfao, I usually sense shock and bitterness. It's alright good sir.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:33 PM
similar style, and won a bunch of chips.

Nothing wrong with what he said

Cute, but that's your interpretation. Grabbing for straws my man.
Jamal never said those words of 'similar style' and 'won a bunch of chips'.

nyKnicks126
07-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Who the **** cares what Jamal has to say... MJ>>>>>>Kobe and it's not close.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:34 PM
WOW!! I've never heard that before.

Of course Kobe was the Jordan of his generation. Five rings, best shooting guard, ran the triangle played for Phil Jackson. Yeah....

Jamal Crawford = Captain Obvious

Jamal never said the words 'five rings', 'best shooting guard' 'triangle' and 'Phil'

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Who the **** cares what Jamal has to say... MJ>>>>>>Kobe and it's not close.

But that's not what Jamal is saying. Why so much bitterness and the histrionics and overexaggerration with the >>>>>>>.

Not necessary, but understandable, it's another sign of dealing with shock and despair.

Chronz
07-23-2014, 03:39 PM
When i see a lmfao, I usually sense shock and bitterness. It's alright good sir.

When i see side stepping....insert cliche here

Chronz
07-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Jamal never said anything beyond the initial statement.... Did he? Sooo you HAVE to find some sort of meaning in his comparison.

I've always said Kobe is the closest to mj, just like I've said plenty of players were better than Kobe in the past. The 2 don't have to be mutually exclusive

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Nowhere did Jamal say the words 'type of player', 'type of person' 'LeBron' 'style of play' 'motivation' 'drive'.

Now the style of play, motivation and drive could be a 'part' of his statement, but when you say 'OF HIS ERA', it's an amalgamation of several 10 or 20 different things into one. Of his era are big meaningful words.

naps
07-23-2014, 03:42 PM
LeBron left you guys. It's over. Done. Finido. How are you still talking ?

So what? Why would that affect my opinion on him as a player? See I am not blinded like you are. Just because he chose play for a different team doesn't mean I will have to come away from my opinion on him.

Now tell me what does LeBron leaving Miami have to do anything with what I said? How do you exactly confirm Jamal Crawford is more credible than Scottie Pippen? I am interested. I am hoping (even though it's looking like you are with the mindset of attacking people who disagree with your kobe riding mentality) you didn't create this thread to bash and attack people just because they raise a valid and relevant question.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Jamal never said anything beyond the initial statement.... Did he? Sooo you HAVE to find some sort of meaning in his comparison.

I've always said Kobe is the closest to mj, just like I've said plenty of players were better than Kobe in the past. The 2 don't have to be mutually exclusive

Everything you guys have pointed out are certainly valid, but they are a 'part' of the whole picture. When they say 'of his era', that's an amalgamation of several qualities into one.

We need Jamal to be more specific and delve more into his comments to fully grasp its essence.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:45 PM
When i see side stepping....insert cliche here

So much you know, I tried side stepping once with the euro step on the court, ended up straining my hip.

P&GRealist
07-23-2014, 03:48 PM
So what? Why would that affect my opinion on him as a player? See I am not blinded like you are. Just because he chose play for a different team doesn't mean I will have to come away from my opinion on him.

Now tell me what does LeBron leaving Miami have to do anything with what I said? How do you exactly confirm Jamal Crawford is more credible than Scottie Pippen? I am interested. I am hoping (even though it's looking like you are with the mindset of attacking people who disagree with your kobe riding mentality) you didn't create this thread to bash and attack people just because they raise a valid and relevant question.

But heres the thing, you exclusively brought LeBron into the conversation. Congratulations, now go back to packing your bags, the next flight to Cleveland leaves in 2 hours.

ManRam
07-23-2014, 03:51 PM
But heres the thing, you exclusively brought LeBron into the conversation. Congratulations, now go back to packing your bags, the next flight to Cleveland leaves in 2 hours.

There's only one other player that could be the "Jordan of this era"...so of course he's gonna get brought up. :shrug: The other studs, like Duncan, Shaq, KG, etc. obviously aren't gonna fit the criteria. Don't play dumb.

The reality is: Kobe is not MJ. LeBron is not MJ. And neither of them need to be. The MJ comps are always silly to me. MJ is MJ. Kobe is Kobe. LeBron is LeBron. That's good enough.

As is pretending like we should care about Jamal Crawford's opinion. Should a new thread be created every time any player/ex-player state their opinion on a guy like Kobe? No.

naps
07-23-2014, 04:05 PM

LOL man you are attacking everyone who is not agreeing with your imaginative interpretation of Jamal Crawford's statement. You desperation is showing. Tell me what do you think of Pippen saying LeBron was better than Jordan. Can you give your opinion on this? Or for some weird reason we have to discard what Pippen said? I brought up LeBron because I wanted to give you an example of players giving their opinions doesn't make them FACT something you don't seem to understand here. Now tell me what do you think of what Pippen said? Why his opinion should be discarded?

FlashBolt
07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
We need an interpretation for the following people who think James is a better player and or will surpass him (Jordan):

Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Jerry West
Oscar Robertson
Phil Jackson
Scottie Pippen
Alonzo Mourning

P&G get's worse and worse every day.. He's become top 5 at caressing Kobe's jungalos.

naps
07-23-2014, 04:30 PM
P&G get's worse and worse every day.. He's become top 5 at caressing Kobe's jungalos.

I am almost positive he's the same guy in my sig that got permabanned with two different accounts before.

Jamiecballer
07-23-2014, 04:34 PM

Its pretty obvious because that's where the similarities end.

TheIlladelph16
07-23-2014, 04:50 PM
We need an interpretation for the following people who think James is a better player and or will surpass him (Jordan):

Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Jerry West
Oscar Robertson
Phil Jackson
Scottie Pippen
Alonzo Mourning

I wanna know what Shawn Bradley has to say about this. Its about as relevant as Jamal Crawford's opinion on the matter to me.

kdspurman
07-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Nowhere did Jamal say the words 'type of player', 'type of person' 'LeBron' 'style of play' 'motivation' 'drive'.

Now the style of play, motivation and drive could be a 'part' of his statement, but when you say 'OF HIS ERA', it's an amalgamation of several 10 or 20 different things into one. Of his era are big meaningful words.

I guess you can take it how you want, but at the end of the day, anyone can say this person is the best player of his era. (and only a few names can be taken seriously for the the last era of course) That's the great thing about everyone having their own opinion.

Chronz
07-23-2014, 05:31 PM
LOL man you are attacking everyone who is not agreeing with your imaginative interpretation of Jamal Crawford's statement. You desperation is showing. Tell me what do you think of Pippen saying LeBron was better than Jordan. Can you give your opinion on this? Or for some weird reason we have to discard what Pippen said? I brought up LeBron because I wanted to give you an example of players giving their opinions doesn't make them FACT something you don't seem to understand here. Now tell me what do you think of what Pippen said? Why his opinion should be discarded?

Well put

Chronz
07-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Everything you guys have pointed out are certainly valid, but they are a 'part' of the whole picture. When they say 'of his era', that's an amalgamation of several qualities into one.

We need Jamal to be more specific and delve more into his comments to fully grasp its essence.
You're also welcome to try and rationalize what he said without getting mad that others aren't interpreting this the same way as you.

It's pretty obvious what your agenda is, this was pretty desperate tho .

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 05:39 PM

it's why it makes sense I am saying. What do you think it means? That Jamal thinks he is the best player of his generation?

Bruno
07-23-2014, 06:19 PM

Scottie is on record saying Kobe is top five all time. quoting anyone no matter how credible can be a problem.

naps
07-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Scottie is on record saying Kobe is top five all time. quoting anyone no matter how credible can be a problem.

Exactly my point. Another example: A modern superstar once said Jordan, Bird, and Dr. J were his top 3 all-time. Just because they play the game professionally doesn't necessarily make their opinions more valid than others. So OP's agenda here is obvious, specially after seeing his desperate attacks on everyone who didn't have his interpretation of Jamal's statement.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Everybody has their opinion i guess.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2014, 08:18 PM
He's right but what does he know? All he did was actually play against him.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 08:22 PM
i always liked jamal crawford. always spitting the truth

slashsnake
07-23-2014, 08:45 PM
He is, but in a much lesser sense. Kind of like Dwight Howard being this eras Kareem, or Wladimir Klitchko being this eras Muhammad Ali.

Chronz
07-23-2014, 09:33 PM
He is, but in a much lesser sense. Kind of like Dwight Howard being this eras Kareem, or Wladimir Klitchko being this eras Muhammad Ali.
Dwight is more like his eras Moses

Htownballa1622
07-23-2014, 09:51 PM
I am almost positive he's the same guy in my sig that got permabanned with two different accounts before.

I've thought that for a while now.