PDA

View Full Version : Official Kevin Love Thread: Update- Cavs/Wolves close to agreeing upon terms

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine about 10 minutes ago
Cavs know it'll cost Wiggins/Bennett/future first to get Love. If Wolves insist on moving Kevin Martin with Love, more pieces must be added

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 23m
Signals emanating from Cleveland are clear that Cavs think they'll ultimately construct a trade framework Minnesota will accept for KLove

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe about 14 minutes ago
Hearing Kevin Love to #cavaliers progressing and wouldn't be surprised if J.J. Barea is included in deal #timberwolves

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO about 10 minutes ago
TWolves G Kevin Martin and C/F Gorgui Dieng are other names that have come up in talks with Cavs about Kevin Love, sources say.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA about 39 minutes ago
Yahoo Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers on market for trade parts to help clear the way for a Kevin Love deal. yhoo.it/1nRHlyC

Hopefully from here on out we can keep all Kevin Love news in one place.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 03:45 PM
I really hope this doesn't happen. Thank you for making a comprehensive Love thread though Nikeman.

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Hopefully Danny Ainge can get Keith Bogans $5 mil non-guaranteed contract involved.

DaBUU
07-22-2014, 03:49 PM
At least this will be over with soon and we finally get to actual basketball

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Hopefully Danny Ainge can get Keith Bogans $5 mil non-guaranteed contract involved.

Mauer.400 posted a trade on the Cavs forum I could legit see happening, credit to Mauer.400:

"CLE: Kevin Love, Gorgui Deng

MIN: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Brendan Haywood, Keith Bogans, Memphis 1st round pick (from Cavs)

BOS: Kevin Martin, Alexi Schved (CLE/CHI first round pick)"

I think that Minny replaced Dieng with Barea and that is very close to the trade we see.

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Mauer.400 posted a trade on the Cavs forum I could legit see happening, credit to Mauer.400:

"CLE: Kevin Love, Gorgui Deng

MIN: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Brendan Haywood, Keith Bogans, Memphis 1st round pick (from Cavs)

BOS: Kevin Martin, Alexi Schved (CLE/CHI first round pick)"

I think that Minny replaced Dieng with Barea and that is very close to the trade we see.

No, no, no. Not taking back Martin's contract. Don't want to get involved if we have to do that. If we got Dieng back to go with the pick I might consider it. That's an awful, awful deal that Martin has.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 03:54 PM
No, no, no. Not taking back Martin's contract. Don't want to get involved if we have to do that. If we got Dieng back to go with the pick I might consider it. That's an awful, awful deal that Martin has.

I don't think it's that bad. I've certainly seen worse.

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 03:57 PM
At least this will be over with soon and we finally get to actual basketball

I am pretty sure you Bulls fans are excited, provided Rose comes back healthy, your team is downright nasty and so complete. Got your PG in Rose, wing defender in Butler, shooter in Doug McDermott, Post Player in Gasol, Stretch big in Mirotic, and the DPOY in Noah..

Wow that is a complete team, even with Love I think they give the Cavs a run for their money. Any analyst that does not have Chicago as a top 2 team in the East next season is downright crazy as I personally think they can go for 60+ wins next season and compete with any team in the NBA, again provided Rose is healthy

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1 minute ago
Why would A-Wiggins trump any offer for Love from Bulls or anyone else? Because Wiggins is potential superstar Wolves can't otherwise get

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't think it's that bad. I've certainly seen worse.

It's not that bad in general but in BOS's situation it is. He takes away our ability to offer a max contract next offseason or two max deals in 2016. He stunts the development of our #17 pick this year, James Young. We're trying to tank and he's still a good scorer so he hurts those efforts. In no way is it worth it for us to take on the 3 years of his deal just for a late 1st round pick.

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 04:02 PM
It's not that bad in general but in BOS's situation it is. He takes away our ability to offer a max contract next offseason or two max deals in 2016. He stunts the development of our #17 pick this year, James Young. We're trying to tank and he's still a good scorer so he hurts those efforts. In no way is it worth it for us to take on the 3 years of his deal just for a late 1st round pick.

I am sure if Boston does take on Martin, they get back quality assets, Ainge won't help facilitate the trade without getting a quality return back for the Celtics.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I agree in that I'm not sure why Boston would help facilitate unless they are getting back better assets than just a future first round pick.

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 04:07 PM
I am sure if Boston does take on Martin, they get back quality assets, Ainge won't help facilitate the trade without getting a quality return back for the Celtics.

I agree with that. I just don't think the return in the trade you posted from that other poster constitutes as a quality return for taking on Martin's deal. If we do end up taking on that deal I think Ainge would get more than a late 1st (CLE and CHI project to be very good next year).

And also, I was just throwing out the Bogans idea based on a report I read that CLE was looking for non-guaranteed deals... is there any legitimacy to Bogans being that guy? Like I said I was just throwing it out there but is that other poster basing the idea on something legitimate.

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 04:08 PM
I agree with that. I just don't think the return in the trade you posted from that other poster constitutes as a quality return for taking on Martin's deal. If we do end up taking on that deal I think Ainge would get more than a late 1st (CLE and CHI project to be very good next year).

And also, I was just throwing out the Bogans idea based on a report I read that CLE was looking for non-guaranteed deals... is there any legitimacy to Bogans being that guy? Like I said I was just throwing it out there but is that other poster basing the idea on something legitimate.

What I am also thinking is that Minny either just takes back Bogans' non guaranteed deal and Boston gets a pick, or Boston offers their own assets and gets back maybe Pek/Dieng.

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 04:11 PM
What I am also thinking is that Minny either just takes back Bogans' non guaranteed deal and Boston gets a pick, or Boston offers their own assets and gets back maybe Pek/Dieng.

Not interested in Pek. Good player but we're rebuilding and don't need mid tier guys like that on sizable contracts. Plus he's a poor compliment to the young PFs we're trying to develop (Sullinger, Olynyk).

Dieng is very, very interesting to me though. I haven't really crunched the numbers and hashed out the details so I can't post anything worth reading on the subject but I'd be interested in a trade that netted us him.

Avenged
07-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Let's build more super teams for LeBron!!

Trwood12
07-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine about 10 minutes ago
Cavs know it'll cost Wiggins/Bennett/future first to get Love. If Wolves insist on moving Kevin Martin with Love, more pieces must be added

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 23m
Signals emanating from Cleveland are clear that Cavs think they'll ultimately construct a trade framework Minnesota will accept for KLove

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe about 14 minutes ago
Hearing Kevin Love to #cavaliers progressing and wouldn't be surprised if J.J. Barea is included in deal #timberwolves

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO about 10 minutes ago
TWolves G Kevin Martin and C/F Gorgui Dieng are other names that have come up in talks with Cavs about Kevin Love, sources say.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA about 39 minutes ago
Yahoo Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers on market for trade parts to help clear the way for a Kevin Love deal. yhoo.it/1nRHlyC

Hopefully from here on out we can keep all Kevin Love news in one place.
I really really hope we are able to drop barea and Martin on them. Just hope we don't lose Dieng with them. I guess I can't ask for too much if we getting Wiggins.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Why are people acting like Martin has an albatross of a contract? It's only 3/21 and if you're getting Love you might as well take Martin.

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Why are people acting like Martin has an albatross of a contract? It's only 3/21 and if you're getting Love you might as well take Martin.

It's has major luxury tax implications for both CLE and GS. With the new CBA going over the luxury tax is costly. And even if you are willing to pay it, the new rules make it a loss for you basketball wise by only being able to offer a mini-MLE.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Fair points.

LAKobeBryant
07-22-2014, 04:23 PM
with all the on going talks its like 99% klove is a cav

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm sure Gilbert would have no problem taking on extra contracts if they can make it work. I do think that if the Cavs are taking on Love, and extra money and sending out multiple picks, plus Wiggins/Bennett then Dieng should absolutely be included in a deal to the Cavs. I'm really not sure how they could make it work because the Cavs are quickly running out of assets.

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm sure Gilbert would have no problem taking on extra contracts if they can make it work. I do think that if the Cavs are taking on Love, and extra money and sending out multiple picks, plus Wiggins/Bennett then Dieng should absolutely be included in a deal to the Cavs. I'm really not sure how they could make it work because the Cavs are quickly running out of assets.

I agree.

If the Cavs are taking on Barea and Martin - they absolutely deserve Dieng. I wish the Wolves were willing to pay for Barea and Martin so they could KEEP Dieng. That's how good he's shown himself to be. The Cavs are running out of assets but their depth is going to be great.

goingfor28
07-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Oh good another new Love thread

DR_1
IMO no the Cavs don't deserve Dieng just for taking on Barea and Martin. Kevin Love is reward enough.

WSU Tony
Love, Dieng, Barea, Martin
for
Wiggins, Bennett, 1st, expiring, expiring.

Something like that?

I bet it ends up

Love and Martin
for
Wiggins, Bennett, 1st, Expiring.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Love, Dieng, Barea, Martin
for
Wiggins, Bennett, 1st, expiring, expiring.

Something like that?

I bet it ends up

Love and Martin
for
Wiggins, Bennett, 1st, Expiring.

So Minnesota has to give up Love AND Dieng and all they get is Wiggins?

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Why are the Wolves desperate to drop Barea? I get that he's got no future there and they have Rubio/LaVine at PG but he's an expiring deal. Shouldn't they be forcing CLE to take on Corey Brewer or Chase Buddinger instead?

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 04:36 PM
They also get a top 10 protected 1st, and then shed the salaries of Martin and Barea. This is a pretty good start to a rebuild for Minnesota.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 04:36 PM
IMO no the Cavs don't deserve Dieng just for taking on Barea and Martin. Kevin Love is reward enough.

Teams don't typically get back this type of package for a departing superstar, who can opt out after 1 season. There is never equal value.

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Why are the Wolves desperate to drop Barea? I get that he's got no future there and they have Rubio/LaVine at PG but he's an expiring deal. Shouldn't they be forcing CLE to take on Corey Brewer or Chase Buddinger instead?

Brewer and Buddinger are both decent players. Barrea (in the words of Hawk) tries to "break his own record for dribbles in a possession" every time he gets the ball. He completely stops the offense.

Having Rubio, LaVine, Pek, Buddinger, Brewer, Wiggins, Bennett, and a top 5 pick next year is a pretty good start to a rebuild. Probably 3+ years in to a full rebuild. Maybe 2-3 years away from a .500 team.

hugepatsfan
07-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Brewer and Buddinger are both decent players. Barrea (in the words of Hawk) tries to "break his own record for dribbles in a possession" every time he gets the ball. He completely stops the offense.

Having Rubio, LaVine, Pek, Buddinger, Brewer, Wiggins, Bennett, and a top 5 pick next year is a pretty good start to a rebuild. Probably 3+ years in to a full rebuild. Maybe 2-3 years away from a .500 team.

Are Buddinger/Brewer really guys you would say are part of the core though? Personally, I would dump one of them instead of Barea and get the extra financial flexibility.

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Are Buddinger/Brewer really guys you would say are part of the core though? Personally, I would dump one of them instead of Barea and get the extra financial flexibility.

Financial flexibility while nice isn't an asset for a team which can't sign a FA. The only real asset it provides is the ability to keep current talent around and that isn't a problem with how young the roster is. It won't be a problem for 3-4 years at least.

AK oped out of an 11 million a year deal to sign with the Nets for 4 million. That's how little financial flexibility means to a small market team.

Sota4Ever
07-22-2014, 05:23 PM
If Dieng is included, I hope the Wolves walk.

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 05:31 PM
I think you're a little off base, Sota. That's like the Cavs saying "If they want us to take on Barea, we walk." You don't turn down an opportunity to shorten a rebuild by 2-3 years (while finding a franchise calibur player) by not trading Dieng. By trading Dieng it's presumed we'll be able to unload Barea and Martin, too.

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Love, Martin/Barea, Dieng
for
Wiggins, Bennett, 1st, non-guaranteed contract, non-guaranteed contract.

If the pick isn't the cavs pick the Wolves will likely have two top 10 picks one of which will be in the top 5. Along with Wiggins, Bennett, Rubio, LaVine, and Brewer. That's well into a full rebuild....

bucketss
07-22-2014, 05:36 PM
if cavs get back dieng damn what a steal LOL -

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2014, 05:37 PM
It's has major luxury tax implications for both CLE and GS. With the new CBA going over the luxury tax is costly. And even if you are willing to pay it, the new rules make it a loss for you basketball wise by only being able to offer a mini-MLE.

I think Gilbert has made it obvious that he's willing to spend no matter the cost. And in the case of the Warriors, it's probably gonna cost them more next season to pay Klay and David Lee than it would for Love and Martin.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 05:39 PM
They also get a top 10 protected 1st, and then shed the salaries of Martin and Barea. This is a pretty good start to a rebuild for Minnesota.

No, it's not pretty good. The only redeeming factor is Wiggins. That pick won't be any good either, Cavs will be a great team. And they lose Dieng, their only other major assett.

bucketss
07-22-2014, 05:42 PM
No, it's not pretty good. The only redeeming factor is Wiggins. That pick won't be any good either, Cavs will be a great team. And they lose Dieng, their only other major assett.

probably no trade out there as good.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 05:45 PM
probably no trade out there as good.

Warriors could top it. My point is that the Cavs are getting the superstar but their fans think they should be getting MORE?!? Sorry, not how it works.

Dieng will not be heading to Cleveland, you can quote me on it.

Sota4Ever
07-22-2014, 05:53 PM
I think you're a little off base, Sota. That's like the Cavs saying "If they want us to take on Barea, we walk." You don't turn down an opportunity to shorten a rebuild by 2-3 years (while finding a franchise calibur player) by not trading Dieng. By trading Dieng it's presumed we'll be able to unload Barea and Martin, too.

Barea doesn't even have a bad contract, though that is the thing. He has one year left on it. How is it possible to unload both Martin and Barea while still getting rid of Love on Dieng. That is a lot of money that needs to change hands. It has been reported by everyone in the Wolves media that Dieng isn't going anywhere. Why get rid of what could be our Center for the future when he will help the rebuild.

CTCUBBIES
07-22-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm sure this has already been discussed but has Love made comments suggesting he will stay in Cleveland? I'm a little surprised he'd sign there even to play with LeBron.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Warriors could top it. My point is that the Cavs are getting the superstar but their fans think they should be getting MORE?!? Sorry, not how it works.

Dieng will not be heading to Cleveland, you can quote me on it.

Cavs can always just trade Wiggins/Bennett and a future first for Love and that is beyond fair. This way Minny keeps Dieng and acquires Wiggins. If they want to relieve salary in Martin/Barea then Dieng needs to be included. Cavs can always walk away and let Minny get less of a deal somewhere else.

abe_froman
07-22-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm sure this has already been discussed but has Love made comments suggesting he will stay in Cleveland? I'm a little surprised he'd sign there even to play with LeBron.
why are you?
but yes,its been reported he'd re up if lebron is there

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 06:35 PM
So is it official yet?

WITZ
07-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Soooo 30 day wait :laugh2:

Tom Withers @twithersAP
Follow
AP source: #Cavaliers will sign No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins to his contract as early as Wednesday. Deal would delay potential trade.

Knick_Fever
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Update: Love to Cavs 'A done deal'

http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=313874

Tony_Starks
07-22-2014, 06:52 PM
I sincerely hope they get Love and keep Wiggins. Then I'd like to see Wiggins get ROY, and Kyrie and Love both have the best seasons of their careers. That would be an ideal script..

shep33
07-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz38EzAJj3o

These contracts are likely to be dealt to the Wolves

It has begun... well the East is again going to be a 1 team race for the next 5-6 years

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 06:55 PM
@WFNYJacob: Lucas-Thomas-Murphy combine for $3.36M in unguaranteed contracts for 2014-15. Felix had an $816K guaranteed deal.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 06:56 PM
@WojYahooNBA: In Murphy, Lucas and Thomas, Cavs get three non-guaranteed contracts to facilitate trades -- or a trade. Another step toward Kevin Love.

shep33
07-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks like its getting real. God this sucks for basketball out East

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 07:01 PM
@WFNYJacob: Hooray, the Cavs (briefly) have the guy from Office Space! http://t.co/tbgdIu4MlS

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 07:02 PM
@WindhorstESPN: All 3 players have non-guaranteed contracts that can be used in other trades, may not directly relate to Love pursuit, sources said.

Blitzace137
07-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz38EzAJj3o

These contracts are likely to be dealt to the Wolves

It has begun... well the East is again going to be a 1 team race for the next 5-6 years

Domino effect has begun, I think the Bulls will still give the Cavs a run for their money if healthy.

AddiX
07-22-2014, 07:04 PM
“@WojYahooNBA: Minnesota's been determined to unload Kevin Martin and JJ Barea in a Love deal -- no easy task for Cavs to make work without a third team.”

Eagles4Lyfe
07-22-2014, 07:05 PM
lol Cavs ain't scarey.

jmartin80
07-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Cleveland fans who hated Lebron and the Heat the last 4 years but love him now are the biggest hypocrites in sports.

This is what I get for thinking the NBA would be fun to watch again.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 07:11 PM
@WFNYJacob: If Cavs bring in Love-Martin, they have to send out min. $18.01M.
In Cavs bring in Love-Barea, they have to send out min. $16.20M.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Cleveland fans who hated Lebron and the Heat the last 4 years but love him now are the biggest hypocrites in sports.

This is what I get for thinking the NBA would be fun to watch again.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Cavs should see if they can also get KMart for their bench.

Barrea is garbage.

jerellh528
07-22-2014, 07:16 PM
I actually thought lebron was going to take the high road and build with his team and not gut its young promising core for an established superstar. I guess begging for another superstar in love is the easier route to take though. My respect dwindles more. I wonder why it's only lbj that keeps wanting these super teams?

apocalypse15
07-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Agreed I think the east has gotten a little bit stronger. Heat are no joke still specially if wade is somehow healthy. Who's to say Cavs click from the get go? Solid starting five but who's coming off the bench? We need all the details if a Love trade gets done to the Cavs before we say they will reign supreme for the next 5-6 years.

ClevelandSpider
07-22-2014, 07:27 PM
I actually thought lebron was going to take the high road and build with his team and not gut its young promising core for an established superstar. I guess begging for another superstar in love is the easier route to take though. My respect dwindles more. I wonder why it's only lbj that keeps wanting these super teams?

...says the guy with people that don't agree with him in his sig in an "ignore list," I'm sure LeBron is going to lose sleep over your dwindling respect...

jerellh528
07-22-2014, 07:30 PM
...says the guy with people that don't agree with him in his sig in an "ignore list," I'm sure LeBron is going to lose sleep over your dwindling respect...

Many people disagree with me, those guys are just the worst posters ever. But ofcourse, a cleveland fan comes to the aid of lebron as expected, NOW. And i couldnt care less what lebron loses sleep over, unlike all you leboners out there. This is a forum to post opinions right? or is this the straight to lebron's email hotline?

5ass
07-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't believe the reports.

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 07:31 PM
And you weren't losing sleep the last 4 yrs?

bucketss
07-22-2014, 07:32 PM
im not very high on love but if the cavs get dieng than the pain of losing wiggins doesn't seem much

Eagles4Lyfe
07-22-2014, 07:33 PM

Once Woj reports something its pretty much guaranteed bud

jerellh528
im not very high on love but if the cavs get dieng than the pain of losing wiggins doesn't seem much

Did you lose a sig bet or something?

apocalypse15

Which begs to question. Was Lebron promised another all star to come back or is Dan Gilbert afraid if he doesn't Lebron will walk again? Granted Bennett looked awful in his rookie season the Cavs had/have a solid young core even before Lebron came back. I'm no Lebron fan but honestly would like to see him with that complete young core than sending 2-3 of them off for Love. Lebron is 29 so is it really win now or never type deal? Idk I just would have enjoyed the younger guys with Lebron

verceroth
07-22-2014, 07:34 PM
vetoed; for basketball reasons

bucketss
07-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Many people disagree with me, those guys are just the worst posters ever. But ofcourse, a cleveland fan comes to the aid of lebron as expected, NOW. And i couldnt care less what lebron loses sleep over, unlike all you leboners out there. This is a forum to post opinions right? or is this the straight to lebron's email hotline?

you can't really lose respect for someone you have already admitted to hating, correct?, sounds odd. btw the ignore feature doesn't really do much man i know you're gonna read my post anyways lol.

bucketss
07-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Did you lose a sig bet or something?

Nah i have seen the light.

jerellh528
07-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Nah i have seen the light.

I took you off ignore. yeah I admitted i hated lebron, but when he joined cle, i admitted i respected him more, but with all these reports of him begging for love, its making me not like him even more.

Minimal
07-22-2014, 07:44 PM
yeah, and your opinion worth 5 cents, your just a lebron hater with useless arguments

FraziersKnicks
07-22-2014, 07:45 PM
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Love
C: Anderson Varejao

Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Mike Miller
James Jones
Gorgui Dieng (potentially)
Ray Allen (potentially)

I can see why the Lakers fans so salty :laugh2:

LeBron gonna be pulling even further in front of Kobe if he's coming out with this team for the next 5+ years…

jerellh528
07-22-2014, 07:45 PM
yeah, and your opinion worth 5 cents, your just a lebron hater with useless arguments

so why did you quote me?

bucketss
07-22-2014, 07:52 PM

Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Mike Miller
James Jones
Ray Allen (potentially)

LeBron gonna be pulling even further in front of Kobe if he's coming out with this team for the next 5+ years…

apparently dion waiters will not accept a bench role.

FraziersKnicks
07-22-2014, 07:58 PM

Trade him for a solid 3 and D guy like Randy Foye then. If he's stupid enough to not accept a bench role on a team that good then send him away. The guy definitely has value in the league.

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 07:59 PM

Apparently Dion Waiters hasn't proven jack **** in his first 2 yrs to warrant such demands.

PurpleLynch
07-22-2014, 08:00 PM

He said it,but you can be sure that if he will have a shot to a championship he'll accept.He won't have the chance of playing in a stronger Cavs team of this if they manage to get Love. If I were him I'd accept a bench role and work my *** off to prove to Blatt(who is an intelligent coach and he's not Mr.Potato) that he deserves a starting role.

WITZ
07-22-2014, 08:03 PM

Agreed, but that trade for 3 unguaranteed contracts definitely means something is up.

beliges
07-22-2014, 08:07 PM

Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Mike Miller
James Jones
Ray Allen (potentially)

Its not about the level of talent around you. Lebron already proved that even with the most talented team in the league, he is not a lock to win a title. If and when the Cavs acquire Love, the Cavs will be the clear cut most talented team in the league again. This will put the pressure back on Lebron. Lebron's time in Miami can be looked at as a success given they won 2 titles. However, at the same time it is viewed by many as a failure given Lebron only managed to win 2 with such a talented squad. Again, failing to win multiple titles with this Cavs team (assuming Love is on the team) will further jeopardize Lebron's legacy. He will have played for the most talented squads in his era if Love comes on the Cavs. And only managing two titles so far leaves a lot to be desired.

I think its funny some Lebron fans anoint him already and yet he was disappointing in Miami. For his sake, if Love comes to the Cavs, he will need to win another 2-3 titles if he wants to reach that level of the best of the best.

Confusious
07-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Let's build more super teams for LeBron!!
Wolves get a potential superstar for their soon to be departing superstar. Makes sense?
No? I guess not huh.

If the Cavs get Love and Dieng in the same deal I will probably never sleep until opening night.

NBA_Starter
07-22-2014, 09:22 PM
If the Cavs can pull this off...wow!

Crackadalic
07-22-2014, 09:30 PM
So the cavs can get Kyrie/MArtin/Lebron/Love/Andy-V with Waiters/Thompson/Miller/ with a head coach who was considered the best overseas and even praise by pop himself?

This is the type of bs man lol. League is not rig but damn could have fool me smh

bucketss
07-22-2014, 09:33 PM
So the cavs can get Kyrie/MArtin/Lebron/Love/Andy-V with Waiters/Thompson/Miller/ with a head coach who was considered the best overseas and even praise by pop himself?

This is the type of bs man lol. League is not rig but damn could have fool me smh

don't forget they're getting a defensive stud in dieng now apparently!

Sota4Ever
07-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Dieng isn't going anywhere.

HYFR
07-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Wiggins getting introduced to the business side of the nba real quick. Potentially gets to play with the best player on the planet to then going to minny in full rebuild mode. At least in minny it will be his team

HouRealCoach
07-22-2014, 09:57 PM
I see a Love/Martin/filler (Turiaf)/2nd rounder for Wiggins/Bennett/Waiters/Thompson/Two Firsts/filler(Haywood) type deal

Iron24th
07-22-2014, 09:58 PM
And now dan gilbert has no problem with super teams...

HYFR
07-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I see a Love/Martin/filler (Turiaf)/2nd rounder for Wiggins/Bennett/Waiters/Thompson/Two Firsts/filler(Haywood) type deal

That is a huge haul for love and minny would take that in a heartbeat. IMO that is simply too much for love

Method28
07-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Whooaaa. Wiggins, waiters, Thompson AND Bennett?! Screw that Clev. Walk away if that's the case.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 10:03 PM

They're not giving up all four of Wiggins/Bemnett/Waiters/Thompson. No way that happens.

WITZ
07-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Whooaaa. Wiggins, waiters, Thompson AND Bennett?! Screw that Clev. Walk away if that's the case.

Got that right .Because martin and his contract that no one wants and Turiaf the journey man means they toss in Waiters & Thompson :laugh2:

Raps08-09 Champ
07-22-2014, 10:09 PM
How close is it?

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 10:23 PM
How close is it?
As close as Lance Stephenson's lips to LeBron's ear.

Chi StateOfMind
07-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Cleveland is about to be stacked. Ray Allen would go to Cleveland for that team. Hey maybe now Cleveland will win one. Hard to root against them.

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 10:25 PM

I know right ?

The guy who was the most instrumental with the 'advised' letter to Stern to veto the CP3 deal.

POS

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Cleveland is about to be stacked. Ray Allen would go to Cleveland for that team. Hey maybe now Cleveland will win one. Hard to root against them.

It'll actually be easier to root against them. The Cavs fans who were humbled for 4 yrs will go back to their obnoxious pre-2010 selves and instead of the Heatles, the Cavs players will call themselves the Cleveland Rockers. This will be South Beach v 2.0, but in Cleveland.

jmartin80
07-22-2014, 10:38 PM
It'll actually be easier to root against them. The Cavs fans who were humbled for 4 yrs will go back to their obnoxious pre-2010 selves and instead of the Heatles, the Cavs players will call themselves the Cleveland Rockers. This will be South Beach v 2.0, but in Cleveland.

Agreed. Same thing that happened in 2010. Which is why the Cav fans are cracking me up. Pulled a quick 180 didn't they?

bucketss
07-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Agreed. Same thing that happened in 2010. Which is why the Cav fans are cracking me up. Pulled a quick 180 didn't they?

i think its safe to say majority of nba fans would react the same.

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Let me correct myself.

They will start calling themselves the Rolling Stones

prodigy
07-22-2014, 10:57 PM

Lmao!! Umm def not sir

jmartin80
07-22-2014, 11:00 PM

Might surprise you how many would not. Luckily, Cleveland has nothing else going for them. They are like the abused spouse who accepts the abuser back into their house saying "It's ok, I forgive you, you have changed".

The parallels to 2010 continue to amaze me.

prodigy
07-22-2014, 11:01 PM

Can't beat them join them? At least most of the main guys are their own lol.

prodigy
07-22-2014, 11:06 PM

Might surprise you how many would not. Luckily, Cleveland has nothing else going for them. They are like the abused spouse who accepts the abuser back into their house saying "It's ok, I forgive you, you have changed".

The parallels to 2010 continue to amaze me.

He's the best player in the world why would we not accept him back?? That's like saying naaa no thats ok lebron I wanna lose more. Common now. You would take him back too don't be dumb.

JustinTime
07-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Really happy if this is true Wiggins would be a bust if he stayed in Cleveland now he'll probably be the best player in the world eventually.

bucketss
07-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Really happy if this is true Wiggins would be a bust if he stayed in Cleveland now he'll probably be the best player in the world eventually.

LOL c'mon dude.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 11:22 PM

How's it easier? The east is weak but stronger than the last few years. The Cleveland Rockers was the former WNBA team in Cleveland, so I doubt players will claim that fame.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 11:23 PM

Huh? 180? How so? We're excited for our team, I don't think we've been sticking it to you.

3ballbomber
07-22-2014, 11:29 PM
If i were Wiggens or who ever may be traded for Love i'd be highly appreciative. They are saving themselves from another inevitable betrayal from Lebron when he decides to leave in a few yrs because the Cavs just aren't good enough to win a championship....or get out of the East :clap::cheers:

JustinTime
07-22-2014, 11:32 PM
LOL c'mon dude.

Which part amuses you the bust part or the best player part or both?

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 11:32 PM
If i were Wiggens or who ever may be traded for Love i'd be highly appreciative. They are saving themselves from another inevitable betrayal from Lebron when he decides to leave in a few yrs because the Cavs just aren't good enough to win a championship....or get out of the East :clap::cheers:

Well he wouldn't be able to team up with D. Wade at that point because Wade will be long gone to the glue factory.

bucketss
07-22-2014, 11:34 PM

the part where the eventual best player in the league would become a bust just because hes playing behind lebron. if hes THAT good than he pushes waiters out the way and becomes a starter at the 2 guard position.

Nikeman
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 29 minutes ago
Indication is that Wiggins will sign his contract and during that 30 day no-trade window Cavs & Wolves will reach a deal in principal.

5ass

Lol the one where you sound like an idiot.

JustinTime
07-22-2014, 11:35 PM
If the T-wolves GM pulls this off he should guarantee that the T-wolves win a championship before Lebron gets one in Cleveland

ryder78c
07-22-2014, 11:36 PM
dumb trade by the cavs Wiggins is gonna be very good and Bennett might of looked like crap last year but the kid did improve…I'm from Portland and i don't want KLove,
for the Wolves…finally a great move thats a young scary team..for the Cavs Love is not the most Un-injury-Prone but they do got TT and is it me or does anybody else see Mo.Williams Resigning in Cleveland(unless they get another backup in the love trade) and most likely Ray Allen but they both will be good teams

Pekovic
Bennett
S.Muhammad
Wiggins/LaVine
Rubio

Varejao/Haywood
Love/TT
James/M.Miller
R.Allen(not yet)/Waiters
Irving/Mo Williams'(Not Yet portland can't resign him and dallas might)

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Indication is that Wiggins will sign his contract and during that 30 day no-trade window Cavs & Wolves will reach a deal in principal.

Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 41 minutes ago
Source says Cleveland package likely to be focused on Wiggins, Bennett, & 1st round pick.

Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 42 minutes ago
Told by league source that the Cavs will not take Barea & Martin in a Love deal. Indication is Love might be only piece sent.

Interesting, if this is true, then the Cavs may have gotten those 3 million in non-guaranteed contracts to acquire another player? Because Wiggins/Bennett salary is enough to get Love.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 11:41 PM

Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 41 minutes ago
Source says Cleveland package likely to be focused on Wiggins, Bennett, & 1st round pick.

Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 42 minutes ago
Told by league source that the Cavs will not take Barea & Martin in a Love deal. Indication is Love might be only piece sent.

Interesting, if this is true, then the Cavs may have gotten those 3 million in non-guaranteed contracts to acquire another player? Because Wiggins/Bennett salary is enough to get Love.

That would work. Kotoch is a bit of an idiot though, so I'd wait until others report this before I'd buy any of this.

JustinTime
07-22-2014, 11:42 PM
the part where the eventual best player in the league would become a bust just because hes playing behind lebron. if hes THAT good than he pushes waiters out the way and becomes a starter at the 2 guard position.

I think his potential gets slashed in half playing with Lebron because he'll never be the go to guy. I watched this guy a lot back in Kansas and he has a tendency to fade when he's not the focus of the team. He likes to win and will do so if he has to but he's the type of player who is fine with letting others put in the work for him. On the T-wolves he will be the focus which is the best case scenario for him and his development because he needs to have the weight on his shoulders if he is going to become great. On Cleveland his weaknesses will be hidden by Lebron and Irving and he'll never develop the way he was meant to.

jerellh528
07-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Will love have to extend for this to go down? Or are the cavs willing to take love on a rental? I'm not too deep in the loop on this one.

Nikeman
07-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Will love have to extend for this to go down? Or are the cavs willing to take love on a rental? I'm not too deep in the loop on this one.

Cavs don't give up Wiggins without Love in it long-term man.

Vinny642
07-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Lebron Love and Kyrie is good, but that team lacks depth still.

Arch Stanton
07-22-2014, 11:45 PM
I think they still want a rim protecting center. So I could see this contracts being used to acquire one with a first round pick. They have two picks to deal, one possibly going to Minny with Wiggins/Bennett. The other pick with non-guarantee contracts for a center.

jerellh528
Cavs don't give up Wiggins without Love in it long-term man.

Just wondering, I doubt love extends for the cavs though.

JustinTime
Lol the one where you sound like an idiot.

Good luck proving me wrong. We'll never see him play for both so we'll never know.

SiteWolf
07-22-2014, 11:46 PM
nobody makes that kind of trade without the asset their attaining agreeing to commit long term

JustinTime
07-22-2014, 11:48 PM
nobody makes that kind of trade without the asset their attaining agreeing to commit long term

They don't even know if James will stay lol. He'll probably join the Clippers next year after Oprah buys them.

SiteWolf
07-22-2014, 11:48 PM
That would work. Kotoch is a bit of an idiot though, so I'd wait until others report this before I'd buy any of this.

the question would come down to what assets need to change hands to meet CBA/NBA trade guidelines...but I'd think the Wolves adding assets would only complicate things further

SiteWolf
07-22-2014, 11:50 PM
They don't even know if James will stay lol. He'll probably join the Clippers next year after Oprah buys them.

Oh gawd...just what pro sports needs is Oprah as an owner

...you get a max contract, and YOU get a max contract...

as a 'I used to really like Love but the feeling has worn off' fan...that would be funny as hell if Love begs to get to a 'playoff contender' only to commit to the Cavs long term and watch LeBron opt out next summer

JustinTime
07-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Oh gawd...just what pro sports needs is Oprah as an owner

...you get a max contract, and YOU get a max contract...

as a 'I used to really like Love but the feeling has worn off' fan...that would be funny as hell if Love begs to get to a 'playoff contender' only to commit to the Cavs long term and watch LeBron opt out next summer

You know it's going to happen it's the feel good story having a black person replace a racist as owner.

ryder78c
07-23-2014, 12:01 AM

there only lack of depth is at center and love can play some center when playing Love-Thompson-James

Varejao/Haywood
Love/TT
James/M.Miller
R.Allen(not yet)/Waiters
Irving/Mo Williams'(Not Yet portland can't resign him and dallas won't)

I'm honestly thinking that MO williams and Ray Allen will sign there after this trade

cars would be smart to try and trade TT,Waiters,Bennett,1st and future 1st and try to keep wiggins

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 12:02 AM

Well they need a back-up PG and Center, but

Kyrie/Back-up PG
Waitors/Ray Allen?
LeBron/Mike Miller
Love/Tristan Thompson
Anderson V/Back-up C?

Still an 8 deep quality team, and I am sure the Cavs even after Love would sign some vet min players or add more.

Cavs/Bulls/Heat (provided Wade is healthy and back to form) are your top 3 in the East next season.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Well they need a back-up PG and Center, but

Kyrie/Back-up PG
Waitors/Ray Allen?
LeBron/Mike Miller
Love/Tristan Thompson
Anderson V/Back-up C?

Still an 8 deep quality team, and I am sure the Cavs even after Love would sign some vet min players or add more.

Cavs/Bulls/Heat (provided Wade is healthy and back to form) are your top 3 in the East next season.

That team isn't winning anything.

ryder78c
07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Just wondering, I doubt love extends for the cavs though.

Love Already said he would resign wtf is everyone talking bout

ryder78c
07-23-2014, 12:10 AM
That team isn't winning anything.

You Drunk! or hitting the meth pipe!

Heat are not as good with the LeBron For Deng Swap(i know it wasn't a trade…might as well been),Pacers got Worse,Bulls got a bit better,Wizards Got better there is no teams in the east its to spread out! now its anybody's championship

prodigy
07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Its funny watching people who don't know the cavs roster trying to set our rotation and depth. Because they always miss a good player or 2.

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 4m
Teams talking daily. No trade yet. 76ers a 3rd team to watch. RT @JCallan19: @DarrenWolfson Feeling Love news going to break soon. Anything?

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Its funny watching people who don't know the cavs roster trying to set our rotation and depth. Because they always miss a good player or 2.

Who did I miss then?

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 12:27 AM
You Drunk! or hitting the meth pipe!

Heat are not as good with the LeBron For Deng Swap(i know it wasn't a trade…might as well been),Pacers got Worse,Bulls got a bit better,Wizards Got better there is no teams in the east its to spread out! now its anybody's championship

Love, Irving and Waiter play 0 defense that team isn't going anywhere.

mbsalame123
07-23-2014, 12:50 AM
I think a three team trade between the cavs, sixers and wolves sounds like a strong possibility. I can see the sixers taking on kevin martin along with even jj barrea and then getting a draft pick from the cavs and in return thaddeus young goes to the wolves along with wiggins, bennett, haywood, some of the non-gaurunteed contracts like matthew dillavadova (dont know how to spell his name lol), erik murphy and john lucas. Then the cavs would aggregate Malcom Thomas and sign Emeka Okafor as the potential rim protector they would need.

I think the wolves would be glad to take Young who can be a great contributor to the team and well the sixers with kevin martin at the 2 would be a nice fit for mcw in the backccourt.

We'll see what happens but I sense a trade happens soon!

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 01:29 AM
Ray Richardson @twolvesnow about 44 minutes ago
Tuesday's flurry of details on possible Kevin Love trade appear to be just turns of the screw. Nothing is happening, a #Twolves source said.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 01:29 AM
Who did I miss then?

There backup PG is good. I'm gonna butcher his name but I think his last name is spelled Dellewadova. He's a very good smart player who is good distributer.

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 01:32 AM
There backup PG is good. I'm gonna butcher his name but I think his last name is spelled Dellewadova. He's a very good smart player who is good distributer.

He's listed as a SG though? But idk who that is.

mbsalame123
07-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Ray Richardson @twolvesnow about 44 minutes ago
Tuesday's flurry of details on possible Kevin Love trade appear to be just turns of the screw. Nothing is happening, a #Twolves source said.

Is this guy credible enough to accept this rumor or believe it? I don't think so, until we hear something from legit guys like Adrian Wojnarownski or Marc Stein or Chris Sheridan then I am here to believe that a deal will happen. In fact all 3 of those guys have talked about Love to the Cavs and well they get most of the stuff right so we'll have to wait and see.

Plus this is from a Wolves source. Of course theyre going to say nothing is happening so that way they hide under the radar and get everything done without the media knowing. Things got really quiet after the jazz and cavs agreed to a trade so I wouldn't be surprised to wake up with some new information about Love and a deal inching closer to completion.

Remember the less the fans know about potential trade rumors, the more likely they are to happen. Right now we don't know much so that is good!

mbsalame123
07-23-2014, 01:55 AM

He might not even make the roster cut, in fact he might get traded in a deal for Love and most likely will. I think the cavs will either acquire barrea or go out there and sign someone like mo williams or a veteran point guard once the dust settles on free agency. Point guards like Jameer Nelson and Mo Williams can be great off the bench. Shelvin Mack and Toney Douglas are decent too. I don't think it should be a problem to get backup point guard, they will just have to wait to see what happens with Love and I sense a trade is bound to happen soon.

mbsalame123
07-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Okay to go further onto my speculation of the sixers being the third team in a love deal to the cavaliers. Here is a link from fox sports ohio: http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cavs-summer-of-love-and-lebron-already-one-wild-ride-072214

Apparently the sixers covet dion waiters and would be willing to take on some bad contracts from the sixers if it means getting Dion Waiters in return. Now would that be too much for the cavaliers as they would essentially be losing not only Wiggins and Bennett but Waiters too? I don't think so. I think they can easily replace Waiters with someone like a Ray Allen if they sign him or they can go out there on the market and sign someone like Jordan Crawford.

However I think another small trade might be happening or a bigger three team trade might happen that sends Waiters and some bad contracts to the Sixers and then Wiggins, Bennett and Young to the Wolves along with draft picks and throw ins and then Love comes to Cleveland with Kevin Martin as a possible replacement for Waiters.

Twolves88
07-23-2014, 02:05 AM
You all can have barrea for free. I don't think any wolves fans want him. Right now our only untouchables are Shabazz, dieng, rubio, and lavine. The rest is 100 percent open to be traded.

mbsalame123
07-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Here is a trade that can work and I even tested it on the trade machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kef95bx

cavs receive: Kevin Love and JJ Barrea
wolves receive: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Thaddeus Young, all those non-guaranteed contracts and draft picks
sixers receive: Dion Waiters, Kevin Martin, Brendan Haywood and a draft pick

I think all teams would accept as the wolves get some young studs, draft picks, a veteran, and they shed some salary ultimately fulfilling all that they want in a potential kevin love trade.

cavs get love the superstar they need and they might give up a little too much for him but get a nice backup point guard in return and form a superstar big 3 with love, kyrie and lebron

sixers get a nice young player in waiters who can be a great fit alongside mcw and would help the sixers rebuild, plus they get haywood and martin who are veterans that can help keep the team competitive next year.

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Cavs aren't giving up Dion/Wiggins and Bennett for Love man, they need a SG

Confusious
07-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Okay to go further onto my speculation of the sixers being the third team in a love deal to the cavaliers. Here is a link from fox sports ohio: http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cavs-summer-of-love-and-lebron-already-one-wild-ride-072214

Apparently the sixers covet dion waiters and would be willing to take on some bad contracts from the sixers if it means getting Dion Waiters in return. Now would that be too much for the cavaliers as they would essentially be losing not only Wiggins and Bennett but Waiters too? I don't think so. I think they can easily replace Waiters with someone like a Ray Allen if they sign him or they can go out there on the market and sign someone like Jordan Crawford.

However I think another small trade might be happening or a bigger three team trade might happen that sends Waiters and some bad contracts to the Sixers and then Wiggins, Bennett and Young to the Wolves along with draft picks and throw ins and then Love comes to Cleveland with Kevin Martin as a possible replacement for Waiters.
We're not giving up Waiters AND Wiggins. That's dumb.
Looking at the Kings/Sixers rosters, they may want to take KMart straight up... I imagine the Kings/Sixers are willing to take less to get rid of their driftwood.

Quincy Acy
2 Darren Collison
15 DeMarcus Cousins
9 Jared Cunningham
30 Reggie Evans
8 Rudy Gay
33 Aaron Gray
24 Carl Landry
3 Ray McCallum
16 Ben McLemore
25 Travis Outlaw
11 Nik Stauskas
31 Jason Terry
34 Jason Thompson
13 Derrick Williams

If I were the Kings owner, I'd send everyone but Cousins to Minnesota for a ****ing shotgun to kill myself with.

Alayla
07-23-2014, 03:54 AM
Here is a trade that can work and I even tested it on the trade machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kef95bx

wolves receive: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Thaddeus Young, all those non-guaranteed contracts and draft picks

I think all teams would accept as the wolves get some young studs, draft picks, a veteran, and they shed some salary ultimately fulfilling all that they want in a potential kevin love trade.

cavs get love the superstar they need and they might give up a little too much for him but get a nice backup point guard in return and form a superstar big 3 with love, kyrie and lebron

sixers get a nice young player in waiters who can be a great fit alongside mcw and would help the sixers rebuild, plus they get haywood and martin who are veterans that can help keep the team competitive next year.
:rolleyes:

NBA-GMaster
07-23-2014, 04:55 AM
Rockets as their 3rd team getting Martin, Lucas and Haywood for 1st rd pick..
Love and Barea to Cavs
Wiggins, Bennett, Gee, Murphy, Thomas and 2 1st rd picks to Wolves..

Lucas, Haywood, Gee, Murphy, Thomas will be waived..

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 09:57 AM
If the T-wolves GM pulls this off he should guarantee that the T-wolves win a championship before Lebron gets one in Cleveland

LOL.

You are absolutely infatuated with Wiggins.

prodigy
07-23-2014, 10:12 AM

He might not even make the roster cut, in fact he might get traded in a deal for Love and most likely will. I think the cavs will either acquire barrea or go out there and sign someone like mo williams or a veteran point guard once the dust settles on free agency. Point guards like Jameer Nelson and Mo Williams can be great off the bench. Shelvin Mack and Toney Douglas are decent too. I don't think it should be a problem to get backup point guard, they will just have to wait to see what happens with Love and I sense a trade is bound to happen soon.

Lol what? He will def make the team if not traded in the love deal. Hes a very solid player. As a rookie last year he was already known as a great defender. Beal from wizards said Della was toughest defender he went against. He can also pass well and decent shooter. Can grab boards too. Very solid backup.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Lol what? He will def make the team if not traded in the love deal. Hes a very solid player. As a rookie last year he was already known as a great defender. Beal from wizards said Della was toughest defender he went against. He can also pass well and decent shooter. Can grab boards too. Very solid backup.

You blame everyone else for not knowing the post Lebron Cavs roster but in all honesty... I think the Cavs roster is the ONLY one you know. If you have nothing to compare it to your guys obviously seem inflated with potential....

prodigy
07-23-2014, 10:21 AM

You blame everyone else for not knowing the post Lebron Cavs roster but in all honesty... I think the Cavs roster is the ONLY one you know. If you have nothing to compare it to your guys obviously seem inflated with potential....

Once again you are wrong. Seems like a theme for you. I said he's a solid backup who's already known around league for his defense. Both true statements.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Once again you are wrong. Seems like a theme for you. I said he's a solid backup who's already known around league for his defense. Both true statements.

You're touting Dellavedova. Case closed.

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Chris Sheridan @sheridanhoops about 15 minutes ago
EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source. sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/23/exc…
Reply Retweet Favorite

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz38IyYRUn7

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 11:22 AM
EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source. sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/23/exc…
Reply Retweet Favorite

Not a bad package actually... Kind of reminds me of the KG trade a few years ago.

It's still not as strong as the Wiggins package. Finding a bunch of average to slightly above average players doesn't do much for a team committing to a rebuild. Finding Wiggins and being horrible for the next 2 years is how you build.

I'd still say the Cavs are in front.

If anything this pushes the Cavs to find a few more non guaranteed contracts to make this trade happen before they sign Wiggins and have to wait 30 days. With a package like Chicago's there is no telling whether Love will be available in 30 days from now.

WITZ
07-23-2014, 12:05 PM

Not happening lol at the 76ers getting all that for Thad Young. Brendan Haywoods contract not just going to be tossed in like that its extremely valuable next season when it becomes a 10 mil unguaranteed contract. If all the sixers are giving up is Thad they don't even need to be in the trade because they are just ****ing the cap space over causing more players to have to be involved.

ThuglifeJ
07-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Lebron is the most spoiled athlete of all time

Knick_Fever
07-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Reply Retweet Favorite

Unbeatable package, Wolves would be dumb not to take this over Cavs standing offer. You get a proven big man in Taj, a Euro-star in Mirotic, and a stud w/a ton of potential in McDermott. I'd this in a heartbeat.

ellisgw
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
how? a defensive prospect a bench player and a unknown is the best?

people on this board

Confusious
07-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Not a bad package actually... Kind of reminds me of the KG trade a few years ago.

It's still not as strong as the Wiggins package. Finding a bunch of average to slightly above average players doesn't do much for a team committing to a rebuild. Finding Wiggins and being horrible for the next 2 years is how you build.

I'd still say the Cavs are in front.

If anything this pushes the Cavs to find a few more non guaranteed contracts to make this trade happen before they sign Wiggins and have to wait 30 days. With a package like Chicago's there is no telling whether Love will be available in 30 days from now.
Of course it isn't bad. It seems like Chicago is determined to ensure that if Cleveland gets Love, they will have to continue to add in order to get him. And since they're division rivals, I can understand and respect such a tactic. Their interest in him has to be a bit of a smoke screen though. And like I said in the Cavs thread, I don't see why Minnesota would be interested in Gibson. They are going to want to tank. The second Cleveland officially offers Wiggins (and we don't know if he has truly been discussed or not) on the table, is the day a deal very quickly gets agreed on.

So good job Chicago, I approve of your method. Do whatever you need to to get Griffin to give up Wiggins.

WITZ
07-23-2014, 12:47 PM
how? a defensive prospect a bench player and a unknown is the best?

people on this board

I wouldn't call Gibson a prospect hes 29 already lol

FraziersKnicks
07-23-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry Bulls fans but nothing trumps Wiggins. Taj is very close to his ceiling which is no more than 15/7 on a bad team and 11/6 on a good team, Mirotic is unproven and European players have a very high bust percentage and Doug McDermott will turn 23 in his rookie season so isn't exactly a young rook.

Wiggins on his own trumps that package. Wiggins/Bennett/1st rounder is infinitely better and the T'Wolves know this. This is simply a smoke screen to try and bump up the Cavs offer.

ellisgw
07-23-2014, 12:50 PM
warriors offer of lee, barnes and 1st round pick is the better than the bulls

b1e9a8r5s
07-23-2014, 12:54 PM

Ok stop, not even close.

I'm a Bulls fan, and I do agree that this is most likely just an attempt to get the Cavs to up the offer, which is smart.

Bullsfan22
07-23-2014, 12:58 PM
I'd take Wiggins and just be happy

shep33
07-23-2014, 01:01 PM
I like the Bulls package. Nothing trumps Wiggins, but the reason why the Chicago package is nice is that I can see Mirotic and McBuckets staying there long term. If Wiggins turns into a star, he might put them back in the same position as Love is doing now.

Mirotic and Pek are both Serbian too right?

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:02 PM
I like the Bulls package. Nothing trumps Wiggins, but the reason why the Chicago package is nice is that I can see Mirotic and McBuckets staying there long term. If Wiggins turns into a star, he might put them back in the same position as Love is doing now.

Mirotic and Pek are both Serbian too right?

That shouldn't factor in. Wiggins will be locked down for upwards of 7 years. It's the Wolves own fault if they can't keep him around. You don't take a lesser package (if you think it is anyways), just because of what might happen 5-7 years down the line. In that case, Minnesota should draft white dudes from freezing areas in Europe....

ellisgw
07-23-2014, 01:03 PM
explain? Lee is a better player than any of player provided. Barnes has way more potential to be better than any other the players and 1st round picks give them an asset.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:04 PM

even throwing in Klay isn't as good as the Bulls offer, whose offer doesn't touch the Cavs offer...

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:04 PM
explain? Lee is a better player than any of player provided. Barnes has way more potential to be better than any other the players and 1st round picks give them an asset.

Lee is paid a ton of money to be what we know he is, a 3rd tier PF. What has Barnes shown? 1st round picks in the 20s? Meh

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Unbeatable package, Wolves would be dumb not to take this over Cavs standing offer. You get a proven big man in Taj, a Euro-star in Mirotic, and a stud w/a ton of potential in McDermott. I'd this in a heartbeat.

Wiggins just trumps that offer unfortunately.

Knick_Fever
07-23-2014, 01:05 PM
lol at some of you thinking dubs and cavs deal is better than Wolves. Don't look too much into Taj's numbers, he provides a lot of energy and moves well defensively. Yes Mirotic is unproven at the NBA level but when you're a stretch big that can hit a high percentage of your long bombs, it doesn't take an average scout to know that can easily translate to the nba. And please, don't use McDermott being 23 as a diminishing factor lol. He has high talent/IQ qualities and has nba ready size. The kid is simply a stud.

hugepatsfan
07-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Of course it isn't bad. It seems like Chicago is determined to ensure that if Cleveland gets Love, they will have to continue to add in order to get him. And since they're division rivals, I can understand and respect such a tactic. Their interest in him has to be a bit of a smoke screen though. And like I said in the Cavs thread, I don't see why Minnesota would be interested in Gibson. They are going to want to tank. The second Cleveland officially offers Wiggins (and we don't know if he has truly been discussed or not) on the table, is the day a deal very quickly gets agreed on.

So good job Chicago, I approve of your method. Do whatever you need to to get Griffin to give up Wiggins.

That doesn't appear to be what Flip Saunders wants.

hugepatsfan
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM
lol at some of you thinking dubs and cavs deal is better than Wolves. Don't look too much into Taj's numbers, he provides a lot of energy and moves well defensively. Yes Mirotic is unproven at the NBA level but when you're a stretch big that can hit a high percentage of your long bombs, it doesn't take an average scout to know that can easily translate to the nba. And please, don't use McDermott being 23 as a diminishing factor lol. He has high talent/IQ qualities and has nba ready size. The kid is simply a stud.

SMH if you think that offer is really better than getting Wiggins. I'd agree that it's a better deal than what GS has but that's because I believe MIN should rebuild if they move Love. They're not interested in that though so GS's offer is more appealing to them.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 01:11 PM
It's going to be Wiggins, Bennett, TT, and 1-2 firsts when it's all said and done because T-wolves will want someone who has proven himself like TT otherwise it's big gamble.

FraziersKnicks
07-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Hawk, as the one consistent T'Wolves poster I've seen on PSD, what realistic package would you be happiest with?

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Lebron is the most spoiled athlete of all time

Agreed, that princess is the reason the quality of the NBA is at an all time low.

RateSports
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM

Wiggins > Taj (On pure upside alone, no human being would think Taj is better)
Bennett = Mirotic
2 1st Picks > McDermott

Knick_Fever
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
SMH if you think that offer is really better than getting Wiggins. I'd agree that it's a better deal than what GS has but that's because I believe MIN should rebuild if they move Love. They're not interested in that though so GS's offer is more appealing to them.

Based on what Wiggins is going to get you within 2 years, it is better. The kid is extremely raw and its going to take a few years before he's able to make a significant impact, not like a Lebron or Durant. And Minny factors in the possibility that he'd want to leave as well, so its risky move. Don't get me wrong, the kid is going to dominate, but the bull's trio can make an impact right now.

D-Leethal
07-23-2014, 01:17 PM
If I'm a Wolves fan I want Wiggins because he has the highest boom potential, and Wolves simply can't get their hands on a superstar unless they draft them, and they haven't proven to have very good luck in doing that for the last 7 years. Wiggins also seems like a great fit with Rubio and you can turn into a "fun" fast break team.

Bulls makes them better in the interim and are three very nice pieces but they aren't going to turn your franchise around like Wiggins possibly could.

RateSports
07-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Agreed, that princess is the reason the quality of the NBA is at an all time low.

Righttttttttt.....

Without LeBron right now, what would the NBA be?

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Righttttttttt.....

Without LeBron right now, what would the NBA be?

It would be a lot more competitive and a lot less buddy-buddy.

Knick_Fever
07-23-2014, 01:19 PM
It's going to be Wiggins, Bennett, TT, and 1-2 firsts when it's all said and done because T-wolves will want someone who has proven himself like TT otherwise it's big gamble.

This I believe gets the deal done, the inclusion of TT. Now it trumps the bull's offer for sure.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:21 PM

Wiggins trumps any deal the Bulls can make though

FraziersKnicks
07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Based on what Wiggins is going to get you within 2 years, it is better. The kid is extremely raw and its going to take a few years before he's able to make a significant impact, not like a Lebron or Durant. And Minny factors in the possibility that he'd want to leave as well, so its risky move. Don't get me wrong, the kid is going to dominate, but the bull's trio can make an impact right now.

So they can limp to 35 wins and a pick in the 8-14 range every year?

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Hawk, as the one consistent T'Wolves poster I've seen on PSD, what realistic package would you be happiest with?

Wiggins/Bennett/1st

Wiggins has the highest potential of anything listed, is on the cheap for a few years, and can't go anywhere for 7 years really. On top of that, we will then end up sucking next year, adding another high lottery pick to a Rubio/Wiggins/Dieng trio to move forward with.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 01:23 PM

exactly. The GS and Chi offers do nothing for us except stave off the inevitable, and that is Kahn totally destroyed us. Time to blow it up and move on.

Arch Stanton
07-23-2014, 01:24 PM

That's what you want it to be since they're all Canadian. There hasn't been anything discussed that involves TT, who is a LeBron guy.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 01:29 PM
That's what you want it to be since they're all Canadian. There hasn't been anything discussed that involves TT, who is a LeBron guy.

Cleveland can't afford TT anyways isn't he up for a big extension soon?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Has Wiggins factually been offered even? Or is it just speculation that is what they would have to offer still?

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 01:36 PM

I think your busy rooting for your team to get Love and not objectively looking at this from the Wolves perspective. 29 year olds aren't prospects and "don't look at his numbers he provides energy" doesn't trump how talented Wiggins is. You're rooting for your team and so far the arguments are pretty weak.

Wiggins trumps all. The fact that Thompson and a pick are included have more to do with making $ match than anything else.

abe_froman
07-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Wiggins/Bennett/1st

Wiggins has the highest potential of anything listed, is on the cheap for a few years, and can't go anywhere for 7 years really. On top of that, we will then end up sucking next year, adding another high lottery pick to a Rubio/Wiggins/Dieng trio to move forward with.
you guys also have lavine(who i'm high on),your future will look really good after love is traded

DaBUU
07-23-2014, 01:38 PM
I think your busy rooting for your team to get Love and not objectively looking at this from the Wolves perspective. 29 year olds aren't prospects and "don't look at his numbers he provides energy" doesn't trump how talented Wiggins is. You're rooting for your team and so far the arguments are pretty weak.

Wiggins trumps all. The fact that Thompson and a pick are included have more to do with making $ match than anything else.

exactly, not sure how there's any question about this. And I love me some Taj and McBuckets, but c'mon.

Confusious
07-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Has Wiggins factually been offered even? Or is it just speculation that is what they would have to offer still?
He's still not signed yet. So... I'd say he's being discussed.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 01:44 PM
you guys also have lavine(who i'm high on),your future will look really good after love is traded

It would be funny if the T-wolves win a title before the Cavs with Love. I could see it because that Cavs team is weak defensively and James is running out of time.

Arch Stanton
07-23-2014, 01:45 PM

He's nowhere near a max player. Play the game whose better your teams starting PF or TT. You'll find that most teams have better starting PFs than TT. It doesn't mean I want to include him in a deal because he does still bring value and could really help coming off the bench. Regardless, if they do overpay, they can afford him because Dan Gilbert is willing to spend whatever it takes.

prodigy
07-23-2014, 01:57 PM

He's nowhere near a max player. Play the game whose better your teams starting PF or TT. You'll find that most teams have better starting PFs than TT. It doesn't mean I want to include him in a deal because he does still bring value and could really help coming off the bench. Regardless, if they do overpay, they can afford him because Dan Gilbert is willing to spend whatever it takes.

Cavs can resign TT anyways even if over max. He's their drafted player.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2014, 01:57 PM
He's still not signed yet. So... I'd say he's being discussed.

Thank you. I know he's in every report saying that's what it would need to be. Just wasn't sure if the Cavs (key word Cavs) have actually said they'd put him in a deal.

king4day
07-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Wiggins/Bennett/1st

I'd be really excited to see the Wolves if this deal happens.

Wiggins
Lavine
Bennett
Deng (spelling)

Then try to deal Pek to get more assets. Just blow it up now. I think you keep Rubio though if possible.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2014, 01:58 PM
It would be funny if the T-wolves win a title before the Cavs with Love. I could see it because that Cavs team is weak defensively and James is running out of time.

Keep telling yourself that.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 02:11 PM
I'd be really excited to see the Wolves if this deal happens.

Wiggins
Lavine
Bennett
Deng (spelling)

Then try to deal Pek to get more assets. Just blow it up now. I think you keep Rubio though if possible.

Deng
Rubio
LaVine
Wiggins
Bennett
Next year top 5 pick.
1st rounder traded from Cavs

From a full rebuild standpoint this is probably 3 years in. Plus you may have found your star in Wiggins. This is a much better starting point than the KG trade a few years back.

prodigy
07-23-2014, 02:12 PM

That's all the bulls offer does. None of those players are even close to Wiggins talent. Its just the bulls trying to bid cavs up. If I'm cavs I'm laughing cuz that's not even close to happening.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Deng
Rubio
LaVine
Wiggins
Bennett
Next year top 5 pick.
1st rounder traded from Cavs

From a full rebuild standpoint this is probably 3 years in. Plus you may have found your star in Wiggins. This is a much better starting point than the KG trade a few years back.

Pg Rubio
Sg Wiggins/Lavine
SF Bennett
PF Thompson
C Dieng/Petrovic

Wiggins will share time at SF, Bennett will share time at PF and Thompson will share time at C.

NBAfan4life
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Wiggins or bust for me. Anything else I will be disappointed. Like Hawk said Minnesota needs a potential star lockedup for 7 years.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
It would be a lot more competitive and a lot less buddy-buddy.

So your saying Bron is so good that he take the competition out of b-ball through his sheer dominance?

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 03:06 PM
So your saying Bron is so good that he take the competition out of b-ball through his sheer dominance?

No, I'm saying his lack of dominance caused him to seek superstars through methods which were unheard of in the NBA before he arrived. Now instead of a more balanced league like we had in the past with superstars on several different team we have 3 or 4 teams with 3 superstars each because James doesn't have the balls to take on a real challenge. The second James put together a team of Wade, Bosh ,and himself the League was damaged competitively because now the only way for other teams to compete was to come up with a similar plan.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 03:13 PM

Pg Rubio
Sg Wiggins/Lavine
SF Bennett
PF Thompson
C Dieng/Petrovic

Wiggins will share time at SF, Bennett will share time at PF and Thompson will share time at C.

And Pekovic - we both forgot Pekovic.

b1e9a8r5s
07-23-2014, 03:30 PM
I agree that Wiggins is the best player and therefore the best package for the Wolves. However, I heard several experts say that Mirottic would have been the #4 pick in this years draft, to give perspective.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 03:41 PM
And Pekovic - we both forgot Pekovic.

I had him there behind Dieng but spelled his name wrong.

FlashBolt
07-23-2014, 04:33 PM
No, I'm saying his lack of dominance caused him to seek superstars through methods which were unheard of in the NBA before he arrived. Now instead of a more balanced league like we had in the past with superstars on several different team we have 3 or 4 teams with 3 superstars each because James doesn't have the balls to take on a real challenge. The second James put together a team of Wade, Bosh ,and himself the League was damaged competitively because now the only way for other teams to compete was to come up with a similar plan.

1) Spurs were basically a superteam
2) Celtics were a superteam
3) Kobe with Gasol/Odom/Ariza/Fisher/Bynum was pretty darn good, won't you say?

Point is... Superteams were always around. They were just overstated because James is the one you can make fun of now. Look how many superteams there are today.. The reason is because talent is everywhere and players just got better overall. That's why you can see stacked teams with at least 2-3 all stars on any given team whereas back then it was just Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, etc., Oh yeah, how many teams have won an NBA championship without at least 2 All Stars? I'll wait... Not even a handful.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR
#Twolves making an announcement at 3:30 pm CT. Stay tuned to http://Timberwolves.com for more info.

Not to chicago for gods sake!!!

Did the Cavs find enough throw away contracts to make it work? Did the Wolves decide ditching Martin and Barea shouldn't hold up this deal? Did the Wolves (don don dooooooooon) take the Chicago offer?

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
1) Spurs were basically a superteam
2) Celtics were a superteam
3) Kobe with Gasol/Odom/Ariza/Fisher/Bynum was pretty darn good, won't you say?

Point is... Superteams were always around. They were just overstated because James is the one you can make fun of now. Look how many superteams there are today.. The reason is because talent is everywhere and players just got better overall. That's why you can see stacked teams with at least 2-3 all stars on any given team whereas back then it was just Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, etc., Oh yeah, how many teams have won an NBA championship without at least 2 All Stars? I'll wait... Not even a handful.

I've had this argument with you before it's not the same thing to build a team like the Spurs did as getting you and 2 of your superstar buddies and several role players to join forces at a discount. Pierce never asked for Garnett and Allen he was given them, Kobe never asked for Shaq or Gasol or Howard they were all given to him. Lebron started the player GM role where he gets to call the shots that was unheard of before.

I don't agree that talent is everywhere these days either I would say that the NBA is actually the weakest it's been for quite some time right now. Didn't Charles Barkley go on a rant about the drop in talent these days?

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 05:05 PM

What was so different when the Celtics and Lakers of the 80's had even more talent?

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 05:09 PM
I've had this argument with you before it's not the same thing to build a team like the Spurs did as getting you and 2 of your superstar buddies and several role players to join forces at a discount. Pierce never asked for Garnett and Allen he was given them, Kobe never asked for Shaq or Gasol or Howard they were all given to him. Lebron started the player GM role where he gets to call the shots that was unheard of before.

I don't agree that talent is everywhere these days either I would say that the NBA is actually the weakest it's been for quite some time right now. Didn't Charles Barkley go on a rant about the drop in talent these days?

OK so now your changing your stance. You said the NBA was weak because all the talent was divided into 3-4 teams. Now your saying its OK for talent to be on 3-4 teams as long as you don't get the talent the way Bron did it. Which is it?

FlashBolt
07-23-2014, 05:16 PM

Why does it matter how they did it? Every year, realistically, only about 3-4 teams have a chance to win the entire thing. It's not an opinion but a fact. Everyone else is just playing in hopes for a punchers chance. Why should James be forced to play against stacked teams and an incompetent front office while a competent front office in LAL, Spurs, Miami, etc,. are all making moves? He was stuck in a bad roster for 7 years and it never got better. Promised better players and he got an aging Shaq and an Antawn Jamison who was paid more than James himself. I'd rather see James vs Durant or James vs Kobe if they all had the same roster but there is no way that happens with how talented the league is today. "They were all given to him." Thank you for answering my question. Players are given help while some aren't. If Kobe was stuck in 7 years in Cleveland, he'd commit suicide. You're really going to listen to Charles Barkley? 50% of what he says is turrible.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Turrible. lol.

Nikeman
07-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 25 minutes ago
League source insists Bulls not serious about Love. Says the Bulls won't pay Gasol, Noah, & Love & only be able to play 2 at a time.

Sean Highkin @highkin about 44 minutes ago
If the Bulls were really serious about Love, they would have made this offer two weeks ago and used Pau's money on, like, Trevor Ariza.

Sean Highkin @highkin about 46 minutes ago
The Bulls' new push for Love has to be a leverage play by the Wolves. Taj/Mirotic/McBuckets is a good offer but doesn't touch Wiggins.

Bulls are just forcing Cleveland to up their offer, smart game by both Minnesota and Chicago to get more out of Cleveland. Maybe Flip is trying to get an extra piece, or an extra first from Cleveland, and the Bulls just want every possible asset of Cleveland's traded for Love as they are going to compete for the East.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 07:11 PM
OK so now your changing your stance. You said the NBA was weak because all the talent was divided into 3-4 teams. Now your saying its OK for talent to be on 3-4 teams as long as you don't get the talent the way Bron did it. Which is it?

"Most" not all of the talent is divided into 3-4 teams and yes I have a grudge against the Lebron-style teams opposed to teams that were built from the ground up or created from trades.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 07:15 PM
League source insists Bulls not serious about Love. Says the Bulls won't pay Gasol, Noah, & Love & only be able to play 2 at a time.

If the Bulls were really serious about Love, they would have made this offer two weeks ago and used Pau's money on, like, Trevor Ariza.

The Bulls' new push for Love has to be a leverage play by the Wolves. Taj/Mirotic/McBuckets is a good offer but doesn't touch Wiggins.

Bulls are just forcing Cleveland to up their offer, smart game by both Minnesota and Chicago to get more out of Cleveland. Maybe Flip is trying to get an extra piece, or an extra first from Cleveland, and the Bulls just want every possible asset of Cleveland's traded for Love as they are going to compete for the East.

I knew it was a leverage thing.

east fb knicks
07-23-2014, 07:19 PM
I think the wolves want Thompson bennet waiters and wiggins along with a first but I don't think the cavs want to give up that much

bucketss
07-23-2014, 07:22 PM
"Most" not all of the talent is divided into 3-4 teams and yes I have a grudge against the Lebron-style teams opposed to teams that were built from the ground up or created from trades.

this current cavs team will be created by trades for the most part. other than the lebron signing ofcourse

ChitownSports16
07-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Ding ding ding!!! This is eactly what's going on! Bulls and Wolves helping each other by ****ing the Cavs! No way in hell do my Bulls land Love with them setting there plans for this coming up season.

IKnowHoops
07-23-2014, 07:26 PM

So if a guy is on a team with a bad front office, you think he should just suffer?

Hawkeye15
07-23-2014, 07:29 PM
So if a guy is on a team with a bad front office, you think he should just suffer?

many do it seems. You apparently only get that "extra" credit if you play for one of the few teams that has been run great the last 35 years.

bucketss
07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Ding ding ding!!! This is eactly what's going on! Bulls and Wolves helping each other by ****ing the Cavs! No way in hell do my Bulls land Love with them setting there plans for this coming up season.

cavs could just walk out and the wolves can take klay thompson instead i guess LOL if bennet/wiggins isn't enough than wolves are smoking some good ****.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Does Wiggins Bennett for Love even work financially?

If I was Cleveland I would wait it out, see if LeBron can drive the value of some of his teammates up.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM

If I was Cleveland I would wait it out, see if LeBron can drive the value of some of his teammates up.

No, they got some non guaranteed contracts though.

LA_Raiders
07-23-2014, 08:04 PM
He will go to the lakers for Randle, Nash, and 2 1st picks. I wish...

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 08:11 PM

Lebron is his teams front office and that's exactly what I dislike about him. I really doubt that the Cavs GM-in-name-only wants to make this trade but he will because Lebron is really the GM. I don't mind good players joining other teams if their team isn't cutting it for whatever reason but if you're a top player have some self-respect and don't jump on a team with 2 other elite players.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 08:12 PM
That would be a troll move by the Wolves.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 08:15 PM

Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson would make the salaries almost equal. If the T-wolves want to throw another guy in then the Cavs have unguaranteed contracts to get it done

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson would make the salaries almost equal. If the T-wolves want to throw another guy in then the Cavs have unguaranteed contracts to get it done

The trade goes through but even with the cap relief the cavs found neither barea nor Martin can be included in the trade.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 08:29 PM
The Cavs need to get Martin somehow.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 08:32 PM
And again, the cavs are working hard right now to keep Thompson out of the deal. I think it puts them over the top with what they want to give up.

WSU Tony
07-23-2014, 08:34 PM

Martin's contract isn't that bad, really. He has a purpose and being on the cavs he has more value than with the wolves.

ChitownSports16
07-23-2014, 08:35 PM
cavs could just walk out and the wolves can take klay thompson instead i guess LOL if bennet/wiggins isn't enough than wolves are smoking some good ****.

Cavs aren't going anywhere if bron bron wants Love. Minnesota knows James wants Love for more help, so why not ask for more when your superstar James is prob damanding for Love? What Cavs should do is give Minn a deadline.

Arch Stanton
07-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Cavs are not trading Thompson for the umpteenth time... He's a Rich Paul client. I know it's your fantasy to have three on the same team. You know Canada has a team, the Raptors. If this trade doesn't go through I'm sure you'll become a Cavs fan again. Lol!

Arch Stanton
07-23-2014, 09:02 PM
If the Cavs do end up with Love and Martin they will be one of the worst defensive teams in the league with Kyrie and Martin at PG and SG.

Blitzace137
07-23-2014, 09:16 PM

Agreed, Martin is still underrated, lethal shooter who'd fit right in with LeBron.

JustinTime
07-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Cavs are not trading Thompson for the umpteenth time... He's a Rich Paul client. I know it's your fantasy to have three on the same team. You know Canada has a team, the Raptors. If this trade doesn't go through I'm sure you'll become a Cavs fan again. Lol!

If it takes Thompson to get Love he'll be gone. I'm sure Lebron would be fine with it considering Thompson only became his teammate a month ago or whatever. They might have to throw Powell in there as well though to even out the salaries if T-wolves are planning to send more then Love back lol.

JLeBeau76
07-23-2014, 10:03 PM
If it takes Thompson to get Love he'll be gone. I'm sure Lebron would be fine with it considering Thompson only became his teammate a month ago or whatever. They might have to throw Powell in there as well though to even out the salaries if T-wolves are planning to send more then Love back lol.

Not saying Thompson is off limits but his and LeBrons friendship goes beyond the last month. They have been friends for years.