PDA

View Full Version : According to NESN.... The deal is done

Robby Cano
07-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Anyone is capable of landing a big news scoop, not just the usual suspects at the major outlets. So when somebody claims to have inside information before anyone else, it is worth noting — just take it with a sizable grain of salt. A trade that would send Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers is “done,” WMTW Channel 8 Portland sports anchor Travis Lee tweeted Tuesday, citing a “trusted source in the industry.” If true, this wouldn’t be completely shocking news, since Love has been connected in trade rumors with the Cavs for weeks, but it would still be a major development. Love has been on the trade block for months amid speculation he will opt out of his contract at the end of the season and leave the Minnesota Timberwolves as a free agent. The Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors have reportedly been pushing hard to make a deal, but the Cavs became a late favorite when LeBron James agreed to sign there about two weeks ago. One thing worth mentioning, however, is that there was no story on WMTW’s website late Tuesday morning mentioning the Love report, which would amount to a significant scoop for the TV station.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/report-kevin-love-trade-to-cavaliers-deal-is-done-no-timetable-given/

Take it with a grain of salt I guess

THE MTL
07-22-2014, 01:38 PM
The trade def isnt done but its in the works. This guy is just taking an educated gamble to make himself look like he was the first to report it. I like how he gave zero details about what was involved in the trade

mjt20mik
07-22-2014, 01:44 PM
If it ain't Woj then it ain't real lol

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 02:13 PM
I believe the Wolves have come to the conclusion a Wiggins for Love swap is something they want. I think the Cavs have decided that Lebron is in the 2nd half of his career and want to win now. If Wiggins is tradeable for Love the two teams will work together to figure out "the rest."

They are both acting in good faith and the trade is both appealing and makes sense for both teams. Too much logic there - all signs point (at this point) to a trade being completed.

DaBUU
07-22-2014, 02:17 PM
If Wiggins is on the table, I'm not sure why Minny hasn't pulled the trigger on this yet.

mjt20mik
07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
If Wiggins is on the table, I'm not sure why Minny hasn't pulled the trigger on this yet.

Signing Wiggins allows CLE to use his 5 million salary along with Bennetts for Love.

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Signing Wiggins allows CLE to use his 5 million salary along with Bennetts for Love.

Still will need 1 more player's salary to get the numbers close.

jimm120
07-22-2014, 02:27 PM
If it ain't Woj then it ain't real lol

this

If it ain't Woj then it ain't real

beasted86
07-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Still will need 1 more player's salary to get the numbers close.

Most likely Fenix or Delladova.

Though like others have said, Woj is where the news needs to come through.

ankit
07-22-2014, 02:33 PM
I do like the trade for Love but i don't like including Wiggins in it. I would prefer if Cleveland gave up Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett and two first rounders. Now imagine a Kyrie Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Anderson Varejo, that makes a big four. Thats how they become the favorites to win the east. Varejo and Love cancel out a Noah and Pau Gasol, Kyrie is not superior to Derick but then again you have Lebron that runs the offense as well which puts them on top. The bulls are the only threat in the east. Now if you keep Wiggins the wild card, he puts them right over the top to win now even if he develops slowly. Teams will have to double team Love and Lebron leaving Kyrie, Wiggins and the rest of the Cavs bench wide open making this team unstoppable.

dannyy08
07-22-2014, 02:39 PM
According to Marc Stein and Windhorst the Bulls are now in the mix for Love. Trade is believed to be centered around Taj and Jimmy Butler.

Not sure that will get it done though.

DaBUU
07-22-2014, 03:11 PM

ahh makes sense, but now we wait 30 days if its true

Goose17
07-22-2014, 03:14 PM
How can Wiggins be involved? He can't be traded for like over a month.

PurpleJesus
07-22-2014, 03:37 PM
How can Wiggins be involved? He can't be traded for like over a month.

if he isnt signed, his rights can be traded.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Gonna close for now seeing that no one else is reporting and we have a thread on the recent updates.